Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Brothers & Sisters

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

DIGGLE AND LYLA DEPLOY THE GHOST INITIATIVE — After months of covertly pursuing Dante, Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) finally have a solid lead on the elusive terrorist, so they deploy the ARGUS Ghost Initiative to apprehend him. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) tries to bond with Emiko (Sea Shimooka). Marcus Stokes directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto & Jeane Wong (#714). Original airdate 3/4/2019.

I would've thought there'd be pink smoke in that last scene with Diaz.

The ep was mostly ehh but yay at Queen sibling bonding and OMGWTFBBQ at my OTP being all snoogly and supportive and having a baby!!

I won't even begin to understand what the hell they're doing with Connor. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I like William and Mia together as much as I can considering how idiotic both of their backstories are. 

This episode just consisted of Felicity telling Oliver she's pregnant (ugh, his stupid beautiful face as he was putting it together, I hate him), and Diaz being burned (hopefully) to death. Shot and chaser.

• Love 11
(edited)

Best Episode Eva! Unless Diaz isn't dead 😡

Seriously, Adrian Paul is on Arrow and I'm in love with the show again. That's almost all it took. He will make for a great villain. 

OK, so my spec was almost right, i said Felicity would explode the bomb and that was her plan but she changed her mind. I'm cool, burning to death was almost as satisfying...now who did us the favor?

Diggle is back to being Diggle. Yay!

Olicity scenes were great. I loved the ending. 

Mia/William scenes were great. I want more of them.

Cupid/China White were great, pity they're back in storage for now. 

I like the Emiko/Oliver scenes, they're growing together. Of course the show replaced Komodo with Dante as evil Dad. I wonder if they're bringing on nu52's version of The Outsiders?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 12
(edited)

Ricardo Diaz IS The Human Torch! Hey, you gotta get ready for the MCU's expansion. I don't think Chris Evans or Michael B. Jordan would reprise that role.

Well, Diaz is dead. Given our luck, he's probably going to end up in a hospital smelling of fast food chicken. i should feel great about that, but this is the dreariest of the Arrowverse shows, and the flashforwards don't point to the brightest of futures.

Speaking of which . . . Conner is Diggle's adopted son? At least William and Mia bonded a little. Looking at th name "William," maybe Ollie and Felicity scrounged "Mia" from that, and they were banking for a "Will"?

Of course Diaz gets the brain-splodey-chip out of his brain. On the bright side, Felicity put up a great front so that he couldn't hear Diggle running behind him. The way Diaz called her "Honey," a bullet to the leg would have been acceptable. Set ablaze in his own cell? Sweet. And Laurel-2 is behind it, I bet.

Wait, so Emiko and Dante know each other? Of course. As far as potential Big Bads go, Dante doesn't try to channel Al Paccino in every damn scene, so he's an improvement. And I can dig the knife-throwing skills.

ETA: That was Adrian Paul? TV's Highlander?!? I really suck at noticing stuff.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
(edited)

This episode was kinda boring. I really liked Felicity out there as Overwatch and her scenes with Laurel. The argus plot was meh, and I'm happy John is free of it. Diaz better be dead! I am wondering if Siren killed him, he did make her watch someone burn to death, so this would be almost poetic. It was so nice to have minimal DD! Even tho the ep was kinda slow, the lack of DD improved it a lot. I did enjoy Mia/William tho, and I can't wait to see how he didn't know about his sister, but he knew about Felicity's office in smoak tech & how she showed him that tech if he never sees her again.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

Ok loved William/Mia bonding but hate writers trying to make It look like Olicity are Shitty Parents. Ok Mia how is it BS about it not being safe have u seen where u live in the Future. Loved a mostly Dinah less episode, Diggle taking the fall to get out of Argus, putting Felicity first over Diaz and Dante. Also thought the Olicity Pregancy reveal scene was cute. Dante looks like a decent Big Bad. BOO HISS at Emiko. Also FUCK YES PRAISE THE LORDT!! DIAZ IS GONE!!! 

• Love 1
(edited)

Finally! Diaz got what was coming to him. Not enough time to watch and take in the moment though. Anyway, Good riddance!

I was rooting for Virgil's people when they were fighting the Ghost Initiative.

The real reason Diggle quit: he wants to stop wearing that hideous uniform.

Laurel boasts about being a good DA but we never see proof of it.

Princess didn't bring her security?

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

First of all, LOVED the Olicity scenes in this episode. Loved how happy Oliver was when Felicity said she's pregnant. 

HATE that William's grandparents are AWFUL, AWFUL people. They clearly cut off all communication and probably move away since I can't see Oliver and Felicity not going to Central City, but they also probably tell William that they want nothing to do with him or something. UGH.

I did enjoy the Mia and William scenes, but I hate that the Queen family must continue to suffer.

Going to just not acknowledge Dinah or Zoe in the future. 

Finally seeing the Diggle I know and love again, which was nice.

Dante actually comes across as a threat, unlike Diaz, but ...

FINALLY HE'S GONE! (I'm assuming. I swear, if he survives that...)

Going to need an explanation for Connor ASAP because the only thing that will make sense is Sara going to another Earth/timeline, picking up a younger Connor, dropping him off, and Dyla raising two kids who will grow up to look alike while one is adopted and good luck explaining that?

*sigh* Emiko, I was rooting for you. You still have a chance.

Oh, and I actually really liked Laurel bringing Felicity a bunch of healthy food. Although I feel like they're really pushing the whole "Laurel's totally becoming good!" angle so hard that she's going to either go evil or just leave by the end of the season. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Did I miss who torched Diaz? Because if we didn't see it, I'm like 99% sure BS did it. Wasn't he killed the same way he killed someone while BS was watching? 

No, they didn't show who it was, and yes he got barbecued just like he did to that bully. 

It was ok but 4 plots? We didnt need 4 plots. The future stuff could've been easily cut or the Oliver/Emiko plot and moved to another episode. 

I do think that Laurel is the one who killed Diaz since I think it was basically the same way he killed his childhood bully, but it didnt need to be some mystery. We already got PLENTY of them. 

The Laurel/Felicity scenes were great, best decision they've made this season but it would've been such a good segue to form their own version of Birds of Prey. Here's hoping that at least they work Laurel into the future and have her be part of Felicitys hide n seek plot.

To introduce Emiko at the beginning of the season then take 9 episodes to reveal who she is then 6 episodes to finally have her grow close to Oliver only to reveal that she is most likely working for the big bad? Horrible timing, horrible plotting, just horrible. And I'm guessing she'll end up double crossing Dante by the end of this so...not that excited by it.

The Ghost Initiative was another horribly plotted plot. They are introduced into what? 1 episode? Only for them to have 1 scene out and about? The writers are trying to push to many stories at us and they are all being half assed.

• Love 2

Revelations from the future:

-William never talks to Oliver and Felicity again.

-Felicity successfully hid her pregnancy from the world.

-Oliver is a failure of a dad since Mia seems to hate his guts.  Felicity isn't doing much better as a mom.

I guess the only positive is that everyone considers Felicity to be William's mom and there's no stepmom drama.

I still think Oliver looked better when he wore the mask and hood.  Is that thing for decorative purposes only now?

Just now, apinknightmare said:

No, they didn't show who it was, and yes he got barbecued just like he did to that bully. 

Ah, then I really do think it was BS. A fitting way to go tbh. 

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

HATE that William's grandparents are AWFUL, AWFUL people. They clearly cut off all communication and probably move away since I can't see Oliver and Felicity not going to Central City, but they also probably tell William that they want nothing to do with him or something. UGH.

I have so many questions about this. Does Oliver just accept that William never returns his calls? Does he get curious and go looking and find out that they've moved? How does Felicity not find them? Does he really never get curious about them? It seems very much like Oliver is dead - does he not even bother going to his funeral? Surely that would've been in the news. 

So dumb.

• Love 8

Diaz is dead, Diggle is back, the New Generation Queen Sibs are adorable and perfect together, only OTA knows about Mia, and my favorite big dumb pinetree just found out he's going to be a father again. I'm happy. I would be happier if that scene had been longer and the director and editor knew anything about letting a scene breathe, but given the way this show rolls, I'm just glad we got to see Oliver find out on screen. (And SA's smile was glorious.)

But the future storyline is still all kinds of fucked up. Fix it, Jesus. Make it make sense!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Revelations from the future:

-William never talks to Oliver and Felicity again.

-Felicity successfully hid her pregnancy from the world.

-Oliver is a failure of a dad since Mia seems to hate his guts.  Felicity isn't doing much better as a mom.

I guess the only positive is that everyone considers Felicity to be William's mom and there's no stepmom drama.

I still think Oliver looked better when he wore the mask and hood.  Is that thing for decorative purposes only now?

Where do you get he was a failure? I got "she never got to know him, he died when she was real young vibes" and at most Felicity sounded like an overprotective mom and Mia sounded foolish acting like Felicity had no reason to be Paranoid HAVE U SEEN THE CITY MIA?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I have so many questions about this. Does Oliver just accept that William never returns his calls? Does he get curious and go looking and find out that they've moved? How does Felicity not find them? Does he really never get curious about them? It seems very much like Oliver is dead - does he not even bother going to his funeral? Surely that would've been in the news. 

So dumb.

Right? So, so stupid. Assuming Oliver dies — or at least the public thinks he does — William didn't try to reach out to Felicity at some point? I'm just going to blame everything on the grandparents. Much easier.

When I saw that mini cassette tape, my first thought was, "it's going to be filled with messages from Oliver and Felicity for William that his grandparents hid and Felicity recently found somehow." I know that won't be the case, but still. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

When I saw that mini cassette tape, my first thought was, "it's going to be filled with messages from Oliver and Felicity for William that his grandparents hid and Felicity recently found somehow." I know that won't be the case, but still. 

LMAO that's what I thought too. 

Apart from how cute William and Mia are as siblings, I just don't understand what the hell is going on in the future. Lol. Does anyone understand it? Every reveal is just so weird and whut-inducing.

We finally had some good OTA moments and Diaz is D E A D. Yay! The short Olicity moments we got were wonderful. I wanted the pregnancy reveal to be longer and maybe with a kiss in there somewhere but that was cute and sweet and lovely, all the same. Aww.

When Felicity and Oliver said "our children":

giphy.gif

• Love 5

Something I’m finding very strange about this season is how little room the important scenes are given to breathe. The OTA chat, both of the Olicity talks, and Diggle’s family speech would have been so much more powerful if they had just been granted another beat or two.  Weirdly the best-paced scenes tonight were the 2 between Felicity and BS. 

The future stuff is a mess. If Dinah didn’t know Felicity had a daughter (and Roy also looked shocked) that means Felicity and Mia cut themselves off from everybody within the next few months. Even if this terrible future all gets erased in the crossover, that’s a whole lot of episodes of the audience assuming everything is terrible. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SleepDeprived said:

Apart from how cute William and Mia are as siblings, I just don't understand what the hell is going on in the future. Lol. Does anyone understand it? Every reveal is just so weird and whut-inducing.

I've decided this is an Alternate Earth with AU versions of characters we know. It works, makes total sense if you just say, hey this is Earth-S (Stupid) not E-1

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Good things:

-Overwatch being back yay!

-Diggle finally having Felicity's back and showing support. About damn time. I also liked the Felicity/Diaz scene where she walks away. I appreciated the parallel from earlier this season.

-The Olicity scene where he tells her he has her back always. I needed that after 708.

-Felicity telling Oliver she's pregnant, although would it have hurt to give them a longer scene? There were Oliver/Rene scenes and Emiko things that could've been shortened to give Olicity time but nope. We get 10 seconds! 

-The Felicty/BS scenes were nice although it's still weird to me, haha. 

-William and Mia bonding.

Bad things:

-The Ghost Initiative turned out to be as pointless as the Longbow Hunters. Yawn.

-Emiko. I really couldn't give a crap about her and now she's working with Dante? BYE.

-The future SUCKS. I'm sorry but this is just the worst. Nothing makes any sense and actually implies Oliver dies soon? Mia never knew her father. The team never knew Felicity was pregnant which means she leaves soon too. IDK but while watching I just had the strongest feeling it's all gonna change. But who knows?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4

The more I think about Dinah and Roy not knowing about Mia, the more confused I get.

Facts: Felicity raises Mia. Felicity starts Smoak Tech. Smoak Tech becomes successful. IN STAR CITY. Dinah recognizes Connor after a few moments, meaning she knows who he is, meaning she has some contact with Diggle at least recently enough to know he apparently adopted a kid and to know what he looks like. 

Something really bad would have to happen semi-soon for Oliver and Felicity to make the decision to not tell anyone she's pregnant except Diggle I think?

I'm trying to figure it out, I am, but I'm coming up blank. 

The only thing that makes sense is something I mentioned in the Spoiler Thread: Roy comes back semi-soon. They all get the Mark of Four tattoo. Dinah leaves SC in the present sometime soon after that. But going off everything we've learned so far through this episode? I don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Even his whole superstreangth plot went nowhere.

I forgot about that. I'm pretty sure the writers did too. 

• Love 1

Dig found his old personality, yay! I loved the Olicity scenes. I also really liked the Laurel/Felicity scenes, I still wish they'd done more actual redemption but the scenes work. Dante is already 20 times more compelling than Diaz ever was (this might just be my love for Adrian Paul talking) Can we get whoever roasted Diaz a medal? I like the Mia and William relationship but the future remains stupid and confusing.

• Love 4

I know this is a very pro felicity board so I'm bound to take flak here.. But she kinda guilted John into going after Diaz instead of the much more dangerous ( with much more influence)  Dante and now that Dante is still free and to protect his wife's career and his ardent belief that a ARGUS can do good in the world he's torpedoed his career.. Now personally I'm glad the ARGUS stuff with him is done Im much happier with Dig on the frontlines with the crew.. But so many posts are giddy that the"Dig" they love is back... And yeah he is but its also the DIG who's generally put his ambitions and family needs/wants on the back burner to further whatever Ollie and felicity wanna do.. Not looking to start nothing overall liked the episode.. Just noticed the reaction to a less strident and more amenable Diggle 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I know this is a very pro felicity board so I'm bound to take flak here.. But she kinda guilted John into going after Diaz instead of the much more dangerous ( with much more influence)  Dante and now that Dante is still free and to protect his wife's career and his ardent belief that a ARGUS can do good in the world he's torpedoed his career.. Now personally I'm glad the ARGUS stuff with him is done Im much happier with Dig on the frontlines with the crew.. But so many posts are giddy that the"Dig" they love is back... And yeah he is but its also the DIG who's generally put his ambitions and family needs/wants on the back burner to further whatever Ollie and felicity wanna do.. Not looking to start nothing overall liked the episode.. Just noticed the reaction to a less strident and more amenable Diggle 

You mean the Oliver and Felicity who are FAMILY to him? Yes how dare he get some sense and put them before a Evil POS 

• Love 9

Some crazy stuff must go down in the next 8 or so months. So William, who was smart enough to build a website to trick his parents never thought to every check in on them over the past 20 years? Never got curious and looked them up? The mental gymnastics the future requires will earn these writers...eh, I'll give them the Bronze. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Do you honestly think that they would've caught Dante if Diggle had gone after him too? No, they wouldn't have. All of ARGUS, the SCPD, every team member, past and present, Team Flash, the Legends, Supergirl, the DEO, etc. could have gone after Dante in that scene and he still would've escaped. Dante obviously was going to be free at the end of the episode.

• Love 4

The idea that Oliver and Felicity just accepted that William cut off communication with them and didn't do anything is ridiculous. At the least, they should have gone to court to be able to see him.

I hate Rene giving Oliver advice on Emiko. It's a strange thing when Black Siren being BFF with Felicity is more organic than Oliver and Rene scenes.

Why didn't Oliver fire multiple arrows at Dante? It worked with The Count in season.

Was that Stan taking out Diaz for me? Or yet another Big Bad.

Mia hates that Connor was the son of vigilantes -- wow, she must really HATE vigilantes.

6 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

But so many posts are giddy that the"Dig" they love is back... And yeah he is but its also the DIG who's generally put his ambitions and family needs/wants on the back burner to further whatever Ollie and felicity wanna do.. .. Not looking to start nothing overall liked the episode.. Just noticed the reaction to a less strident and more amenable Diggle 

It's not that he's less strident but that he's less stupid.  (This always happens on this show, characters go stupid for the first and middle parts  of the episode and then they get better at the end of the season.

Diggle put Felicity and William into protective custody to protect them from Diggle. Then  Diaz found them and nearly killed them. Felicity had to fight him off herself. Diaz got away and when Felicity was so worried that Diaz was still coming after them, Diggle's solution was to tell her to go back into wit sec.  Where Diaz had already found them. This is how Diggle paid back Oliver ad Felicity who had helped him get Lyla out of Russia and always had his back.

Diggle's moral strength has always been that he's done the right thing, taken care of the people who are close to him like his sister-in-law and nephew. The Diggle of the first half of the season had none of that.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Seriously, Adrian Paul is on Arrow and I'm in love with the show again. That's almost all it took. He will make for a great villain. 

SAY WHUUUUUUUT????!!!! ❤️🥰🥰❤️DUNCAN MACLEOD❤️🥰🥰❤️ Of The Clan MACLEOD is now on this show???!!!

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! And I dinna caer tha’ He’s nae guid!!!! It’s ❤️🥰🥰❤️ADRIAN PAUL!!!!!❤️🥰🥰❤️

Wot?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Do you honestly think that they would've caught Dante if Diggle had gone after him too? No, they wouldn't have. All of ARGUS, the SCPD, every team member, past and present, Team Flash, the Legends, Supergirl, the DEO, etc. could have gone after Dante in that scene and he still would've escaped. Dante obviously was going to be free at the end of the episode.

Well of course Cuz that's TV.. I just meant the reasoning behind him not going after Dante who is the bigger threat to the world at large was the guilt of how felicity felt the last time Diaz slipped thru their fingers because he went after the more pressing threat... 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Even his whole superstreangth plot went nowhere.

I hate to even suggest this, but until someone makes it official that KA and DIaz are at least currently off the show, it's hard to be certain he's dead when we had just this season Talia al Guhl talking about a drug she was given by Diaz that pretty much took care of all her burns.  But I'm really hoping that's a plot line they've dropped for good.

51 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I know this is a very pro felicity board so I'm bound to take flak here.. But she kinda guilted John into going after Diaz instead of the much more dangerous ( with much more influence)  Dante

While I found Diaz's danger level to be a joke the whole time, the show sold him as some kind of mastermind able to get his tentacles anywhere so it's pretty debatable who in the long run would be the bigger immediate threat.  And in the long run, Oliver and Felicity have saved the world and probably will save it again.  It's most important making sure they stay alive to take care of the future.  Also, Diggle sooo owed them.  He's the one responsible for letting Diaz out of his cage in the first place.  And it was Diggle's bad judgement thinking he could trust him that blew the operation.  Could have left him at Argus while they went for Dante but no, they brought him along.  That's on Diggle.  If it cost him his "career" (dude hasn't been at Argus long enough to have a career) then so be it.  

At least I trust Diggle again.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I hate to even suggest this, but until someone makes it official that KA and DIaz are at least currently off the show, it's hard to be certain he's dead when we had just this season Talia al Guhl talking about a drug she was given by Diaz that pretty much took care of all her burns.  But I'm really hoping that's a plot line they've dropped for good.

This is my fear. Please please please be a charcoal brick.

• Love 5

Adrian Paul. ADRIAN frickin Paul. And BBQ’d Diaz. That’s it. That’s the post. 

I really wished they let the pregnancy reveal breath a little bit. I was glad to have Diggle back. I missed him, won’t miss the ill fitting Argus uniform. I loved have FS back in the field. 

The SCPD plot absolutely continues to be dumb. How utterly ridiculous is it that Oliver and Rene is sitting in full uniform in the SCPD?? This show has really become Law and Order: Arrow.  Dante will be a decent villain just based on that fight scene with Oliver and Lyla. Can he take the throne from Prommy? We shall see. 

I still don’t care for the FF because none of it makes sense right now and I’m not sold on any of it. 

Overall, it wasn’t bad but I did ffwd through a lot of it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The episode, like a LOT of the episodes, was oddly paced.  Lyla and Diggle had a lot of scenes with heavy exposition about a topic the show has failed to make at all interesting until they finally brought on MacDante.  I hate DIaz and found Slade's kid forgettable, but Cupid and China White were great.  It's a real shame we didn't have more of them.  

And as convoluted and incredulous the truth about Oliver and Felicity and how and why they were or were not a part of their children's life is, so is whatever explanation they are going to have to cook up to explain how Emiko from the Glades ended up working for (and I assume trained by?) our Scottish delight.   I'm really shocked that NO one has even asked her where she learned any of this.  

There are just so many plot holes and "explanations" that don't stand up to scrutiny.  BUT for at least until next week, Oliver and Felicity are getting to be blissfully happy about the future and so I'm giving the mess the writers have made a pass for now. 

Oliver got told in the episode.  I'd really prepared myself for him not even finding out from Felicity, so yeah, that's a win for this week.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Going to need an explanation for Connor ASAP because the only thing that will make sense is Sara going to another Earth/timeline, picking up a younger Connor, dropping him off, and Dyla raising two kids who will grow up to look alike while one is adopted and good luck explaining that?

Maybe they lied to him to protect him and told him that he's adopted when he's really JJ.

So little of the future stuff makes sense.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Finally! Diaz go what was coming to him. Not enough time to watch and take in the moment though. Anyway, Good riddance!

I was rooting for Virgil's people when they were fighting the Ghost Initiative.

The real reason Diggle quit: he wants to stop wearing that hideous uniform.

Laurel boasts about being a good DA but we never see proof of it.

Princess didn't bring her security?

All can say is...She didn't even go to law school! I mean I just cannot.

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe they lied to him to protect him and told him that he's adopted when he's really JJ.

So little of the future stuff makes sense.

That I think we can all agree on.. William doesn't look 13 years older than Mia.. Seemingly nobody knows anybody in the future cept maybe Connor.. What happens in the next few months that basically destroys everything? 

Im glad we got Oliver’s reaction but I wish there was more to the scene. I miss when they were allowed to breathe in their scenes. I feel like Olicity scenes are a bit rushed now. Remember the couch scene in 4x05 with the hand porn? Can I get that again?

Felicity’s hair looked really strawberry in that opening scene. Had a random thought she would make a good Nancy Drew. 

Love Diggle coming back. Love that Felicity got to voice her very valid opinion. Didn’t understand Oliver’s almost nonchalant attitude toward Diaz being out. I want to punch cop Oliver in the face, I just hate it so much. Felicity and Emiko need scenes together. I still don’t understand Dante but it’s Highlander so I don’t care. The stunts seemed particularly bad this episode. I will take all the FFs with Mia and Will only please.

And those are the thoughts.

• Love 8