Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Enemy in the Family

• Start Topic

There is something strange about the way that Ahmir seems to taunt Jazz... telling her that she does not know how to kiss, she kisses too messy, the smirks about her vagina. Of course, she told him about the stomach lining and he acted like he had never heard of it.  Even Jazz was surprised when he made those remarks. He has enjoyed being a smart-ass like the comments about NYC.  15 minutes of fame

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Chalby said:

So I not love my husband if I do not want to hear every detail of his colostomy bag? Some people cannot handle medical details. Does that make us bad?

I don't think that's the problem.

The weird thing was Jazz said she told Ahmir all about the construction of her VAGINA 10 times on the phone and online and he never acted creeped out or like it was creepy... Then she tells him with her mom standing there and he acts all weird and says it's creepy.

Maybe he just wasn't comfortable discussing his girlfriends cootch with her mom standing there?

Who knows... The whole thing was awkward as hell.

• Love 2
On 3/6/2019 at 5:24 PM, Julyolo said:

Her older sister dresses in muumuus and wears minimal makeup as well. Maybe Jazz is emulating her.

For a family that probably does well financially, they don't seem flashy in terms of clothes, cars, their house, etc.  While they live in a very nice home, notice that their kitchen appliances don't all have the same finish, which if you've ever seen "House Hunters" is apparently a deal breaker for a lot of people.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

For a family that probably does well financially, they don't seem flashy in terms of clothes, cars, their house, etc.  While they live in a very nice home, notice that their kitchen appliances don't all have the same finish, which if you've ever seen "House Hunters" is apparently a deal breaker for a lot of people.  

I agree, they have a nice house but the decor is from the 90's

The kitchen cabinets are so old fashioned and everything looks chipped, scratched and dented.

Maybe they were too distracted with Jazz and her needs to think about updating the house.

I'd love to see their home renovated with new paint and furniture etc.  👍

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, they have a nice house but the decor is from the 90's

The kitchen cabinets are so old fashioned and everything looks chipped, scratched and dented.

Maybe they were too distracted with Jazz and her needs to think about updating the house.

I'd love to see their home renovated with new paint and furniture etc.  👍

Or, maybe they're like my parents were; if it works, why replace it?

Shortly after marrying in 1942, my parents bought bedroom and dining room furniture. When they moved in 1963, they bought a new living room set (the old set was moved to the playroom in the new house).

When my mother passed away in 1983, the house still had the same bedroom, dining room, and living room furniture. 

They made no changes to the kitchen when they moved in, in 1963, and the only change they made was to replace the refrigerator - once - when the old one conked out - in 20 years.

Some people just don't care about that stuff. The house was always sparkly clean, and my father kept both the inside (painting, refinishing floors, etc) and outside of the house and all 2.5 acres immaculate. They just didn't ever see the need to replace anything that worked for its intended purpose just because it was no longer "in style".

• Love 12

@TwirlyGirly, it’s also environmentally sound to not replace.  It cracks me up when people are looking for recycled flooring or whatever, when the most environmentally friendly thing to do is not keep up with the Jones.  (Some appliances excepted, of coure.  I’m talking flooring and furniture and...)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, MrFluffy said:

Well, great. But every kid in my nephew’s class was told s/he/mx was also valedictorian, and “commencement” was online. It will be interesting to see what Jazz does as the $ fades away.

Oh dear, @MrFluffy...I think you may have missed this post!

In that post I explained Florida Virtual School (FLVS) has an actual "in person" commencement ceremony (all FLVS graduating seniors statewide are invited; about half attend). The post also explains both a valedictorian and salutatorian from each FL school district is named (so no, not "every kid [is] told [they] are valedictorian") in the FLVS system. 

I would also recommend you read the article linked to in that post. From that article I learned Jazz was on track in her junior year in high school to be named valedictorian of her class when she graduated. She was hesitant to switch to FLVS because she was concerned she might not be able to maintain her status as valedictorian in the FLVS system (more competitive). Looks like our girl did it - even with taking on the additional work of her dual enrollment in community college!

I think with Jazz having earned both her high school diploma and her associate's degree by the end of this summer, she'll be in a much better position to further her goals than other 18 year olds, most of whom have earned only a high school diploma at that age, wouldn't you agree, @MrFluffy?

I'm sorry your nephew wasn't able to take advantage of the type of well-organized, highly structured, and competitive virtual school system, @MrFluffy, like the FLVS system, though. I wish him well in his future endeavors. 

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Removed "is"
  • Love 6
On 3/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Or, maybe they're like my parents were; if it works, why replace it?

Shortly after marrying in 1942, my parents bought bedroom and dining room furniture. When they moved in 1963, they bought a new living room set (the old set was moved to the playroom in the new house).

When my mother passed away in 1983, the house still had the same bedroom, dining room, and living room furniture. 

They made no changes to the kitchen when they moved in, in 1963, and the only change they made was to replace the refrigerator - once - when the old one conked out - in 20 years.

Some people just don't care about that stuff. The house was always sparkly clean, and my father kept both the inside (painting, refinishing floors, etc) and outside of the house and all 2.5 acres immaculate. They just didn't ever see the need to replace anything that worked for its intended purpose just because it was no longer "in style".

I still have my parents' furniture from the 1940s. Their dressers are solid wood, sturdy with roomy drawers. And their Bendix radio/phonograph - the radio still works! 

Count me in as another skeptic on Jazz's brilliance in her online scholarly pursuits. Florida Department of Education    doesn't have the best reputation. I think online courses can be "gamed." 

• Love 4
On 3/10/2019 at 1:47 AM, Mollypup said:

There is something strange about the way that Ahmir seems to taunt Jazz... telling her that she does not know how to kiss, she kisses too messy, the smirks about her vagina. Of course, she told him about the stomach lining and he acted like he had never heard of it.  Even Jazz was surprised when he made those remarks. He has enjoyed being a smart-ass like the comments about NYC.  15 minutes of fame

Right.  Maybe, he's too young to be that devious, but, some people have this thing where they attempt to manipulate people by insulting, teasing, sabotaging, etc.  They pretend to be one way and say nice things, but, then they treat you poorly in other ways, like insulting you and acting like it's no big deal.  It's about control.  I hope he's not doing this for that reason.  It might be better if he's just a jerk and not trying something underhanded.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CousinAmy said:

I still have my parents' furniture from the 1940s. Their dressers are solid wood, sturdy with roomy drawers. And their Bendix radio/phonograph - the radio still works! 

Count me in as another skeptic on Jazz's brilliance in her online scholarly pursuits. Florida Department of Education    doesn't have the best reputation. I think online courses can be "gamed." 

Yes, also color me unimpressed by the alleged rigor and quality of online school.  You're the valedictorian of all the people in your "graduating" class . . . .in your school year . . .that are the same age . . .that live in your district . . . .on your block . . . that drive navy blue cars!  A hearty congratulations to you, young scholar, oh the places you'll go (as soon as you can climb over your personal sized crockpot and out of bed)!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Right.  Maybe, he's too young to be that devious, but, some people have this thing where they attempt to manipulate people by insulting, teasing, sabotaging, etc.  They pretend to be one way and say nice things, but, then they treat you poorly in other ways, like insulting you and acting like it's no big deal.  It's about control.  I hope he's not doing this for that reason.  It might be better if he's just a jerk and not trying something underhanded.  

I think it’s called “negging”.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I think it’s called “negging”.

Howard Wolowitz explained it in detail on season 1 or 2 of Big Bang Theory 😄

I think he just a garden-variety kid who wants to be on tv and has found a way to do it.  He doesn't actually want a relationship with Jazz so he's trying to stay on tv while keeping her at bay.

3 hours ago, princelina said:

Howard Wolowitz explained it in detail on season 1 or 2 of Big Bang Theory 😄

I think he just a garden-variety kid who wants to be on tv and has found a way to do it.  He doesn't actually want a relationship with Jazz so he's trying to stay on tv while keeping her at bay.

On his IG he is now claiming to be non-binary, I think he means neither male nor female. I honestly don't know if that's true or if he's trying to milk his 15 minutes of famedom. If it's the latter, he'll get what he deserves eventually. Let's hope he's being honest...