Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Where's Buddy Sleeping?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't really see this sort of thing. I've been a personal trainer for 11 years in a community recreation setting, and we have people of all ages and sizes at our facility. I've never seen anyone given a stink-eye or called out negatively for exercising. I've trained people who were underweight and I've trained people who were 350 lb. The larger folks are far more likely to make fun of THEMSELVES for exercising, or refer to themselves as "the fatso" or other derogatory things. They also are more likely to think that others are judging or watching them (they aren't). It seems like more of a self-consciousness issue than an other-people issue. 

That said, I do judge Whitney for what she does with exercise, because I think her workouts are wildly inappropriate for someone her size and fitness level, and it troubles me that her legion of fans might "try this at home," so to speak. It feels like there should be a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen whenever Whitney tries these ridiculous stunts.

I agree. If she were doing appropriate exercise, properly executed, I would be applauding her. And here's the "dirty little truth" about the gym: Ain't nobody watching you. They're concentrating on their own workout.

• Love 23
(edited)
11 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Instead of the fake Whit-a-thon, I would rather see Whitney on a 1200 calorie Dr. Now diet, and lose 80 pounds in two months. Now that would be something to see.

The diet wouldn't work, she has PCOs silly 😜 it is impossible to lose weight.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

I actually get more outraged that she feels like she’s got to drag her parents mostly Glenn on all these ridiculous exercise excursions.  He’s to blame too but there were several videos with Jessica where he looks like he’s ready to keel over now he’s hurdling down a mountain side.  Also why must she scream riding the equivalent of a big wheel on a flat sidewalk for 10 feet.  I never really comment on her weight other than her propensity to imply being super morbidly obese to be healthy.  Her foulness comes from her personality.  Honestly they’re all varying weights and they’re all pretty much assholes with the possible exception of Tal.  He may be an enabler but he doesn’t seem mean or vindictive.  I’m not including Ashley because we barely see her.

• Love 16
(edited)
8 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The diet wouldn't work, she has PCOs silly 😜 it is impossible to lose weight.

Pizza Cake Overeating Syndrome?

Only said because of the I don’t even like cake episode.   Since I rarely watchthe show now, do they show if Whitney eating has improved since they show her exercising more?  I ask that because you can only outexercise a bad diet to a certain extent.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't really see this sort of thing. I've been a personal trainer for 11 years in a community recreation setting, and we have people of all ages and sizes at our facility. I've never seen anyone given a stink-eye or called out negatively for exercising. I've trained people who were underweight and I've trained people who were 350 lb. The larger folks are far more likely to make fun of THEMSELVES for exercising, or refer to themselves as "the fatso" or other derogatory things. They also are more likely to think that others are judging or watching them (they aren't). It seems like more of a self-consciousness issue than an other-people issue. 

That said, I do judge Whitney for what she does with exercise, because I think her workouts are wildly inappropriate for someone her size and fitness level, and it troubles me that her legion of fans might "try this at home," so to speak. It feels like there should be a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen whenever Whitney tries these ridiculous stunts.

I've seen it many times.  I've seen people laugh at a fat person at a gym or take pictures of them.  I agree some of this is in a person's own head and people feel self-conscious but I've definitely seen people get body shamed at gyms.

I also had one overweight friend finally come with me to the gym once and when she was on the treadmill a stranger walked up to her and said "I just want to tell you don't worry-you'll get there.  Don't worry you'll be skinny one day!"  I'm sure that girl thought her comment was going to be encouraging and helpful but it definitely wasn't and my friend never went back to that gym because she was convinced everybody was watching her.  Given she stood out enough to prompt a random girl to just walk up and do that I couldn't really disagree with her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, minamreeka said:

I also had one overweight friend finally come with me to the gym once and when she was on the treadmill a stranger walked up to her and said "I just want to tell you don't worry-you'll get there.  Don't worry you'll be skinny one day!" 

That is almost word for word what Ragen Chastain (who is basically Whitney without a TV show) wrote about in some made-up blog. Not that this couldn't happen, but "don't worry, you'll be skinny one day?" It would be extremely rare to hear that at the gym, unprompted. It's a bizarre thing to say to anyone.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

That is almost word for word what Ragen Chastain (who is basically Whitney without a TV show) wrote about in some made-up blog. Not that this couldn't happen, but "don't worry, you'll be skinny one day?" It would be extremely rare to hear that at the gym, unprompted. It's a bizarre thing to say to anyone.

I don't know who this Ragen person is.  It is a bizarre thing to say but I think there's also a difference between being at a gym with a trainer and just a regular fat person going to the gym.  If you're there as a trainer it protects them from some asshole saying something weird.  

• Love 6

Whitney has shaped her entire image and income around being fat. She calls herself fat. She glorifies being fat. She talks constantly about being fat. Then she has the gall to whine that she is “fat shamed” or complain that people talk about her weight. 

If she wants to exercise, great. No one is saying she shouldn’t. But if she’s going to act like she’s all that and a grilled cheese and set herself up as someone to emulate, you’d better believe she’s going to be crtitized for her dangerous message of ‘weight doesn’t matter’ and her dangerous example of the type of exercise people of her weight and fitness level should be doing. 

• Love 17
On 3/9/2019 at 12:44 AM, Irate Panda said:

Pizza Cake Overeating Syndrome?

Only said because of the I don’t even like cake episode.   Since I rarely watchthe show now, do they show if Whitney eating has improved since they show her exercising more?  I ask that because you can only outexercise a bad diet to a certain extent.

In a few episodes they made a point of showing her eating fruit and salad. Much like the 600 lb patients I assume she is eating in secret....or not so secret since her social media shows her drinking high calorie frappes

• Love 7

A couple of random thoughts
📌 Those of us who followed Twit on her IG page last year wondered WTF was it with all the exercising. We knew there had to be an ulterior motive since Lazy Girl does nothing without one. And now we've figured it out: probably either PMG (prod co) or TLC or both told her to lose some wgt or no season 6. Shows are plotted out well in advance of filming; PMG had this AK adventure scripted & knew 2-3 of the places has a 350-# wgt limit. Voíla! Twit weighs 350 #s!
📌 When Twit was on the hand tram, we saw her in the middle of the ravine, then the film cut to a picture of Glenn, then Tal & Todd pulling her across. I'd sure like to see the video between Twit stopping & Glenn pulling. I bet it was 5 minutes of Twit bitching at PMG for putting her in this position, using every cuss word she knows.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 3/7/2019 at 4:23 PM, Dot said:

Last week Heather had one of her IG Q&As. A fan asked, "Are you still in love with Buddy?" Heather replied with a flat & emphatic "No." I am inclined to believe her.

What's she going to say?  "yes"?, and then take a bunch of shit from people?  Nope, I do NOT believe her.

Whit is worse though.  If she had the chance to get Buddy's coke fueled dick anywhere near her, she would drop Heather like a bad habit.  She's a disgusting piece of shit.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Honey said:

What's she going to say?  "yes"?, and then take a bunch of shit from people?  Nope, I do NOT believe her.

Whit is worse though.  If she had the chance to get Buddy's coke fueled dick anywhere near her, she would drop Heather like a bad habit.  She's a disgusting piece of shit.

Your 2nd paragragh confuses me -- are you talking about Twit now or still Heather?

Well, that's not the first time a fan inquired & H said "nope." She also had a long comment after the big crying-over-Buddy-in-house segment about how over she is of him. She describes her current on-line dating experieneces on IG. So, yes. She is not pining to reconnect with Buddy.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:32 PM, Gramto6 said:

She brought all this on herself. This is her Whit-a-Thon. Suck it up buttercup this is what you wanted to redeem yourself. So how is that going for you?

I'm starting to think she and production sit around thinking of what's the wildest most whit-scream inducing things we can do that will have your "friends" cringing with embarrassment but we'll promote it to them with dollar signs?'

*whit scream* $, *whit scream* $$

Edited by zoltana
  • Love 6
On 3/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, goofygirl said:

And here I was, hoping that the BigBaby would fall off the cliff and we'd never hear her hideous screaming again. You mean she lives ?  Dang! I'm disappointed!

Well, she did have that 50 point harness to truss her, I mean hold her up.

Oh geez, the look on the guides face as he had to stand down below her to coach her up the little ravine and he was met with the rear view.

Edited by zoltana
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Honey said:

Whit is worse though.  If she had the chance to get Buddy's coke fueled dick anywhere near her, she would drop Heather like a bad habit.

Not drop her, agonize through soliloquies on the next 3 episodes, on how badly she feels about hurting her "best friend."

• Love 9
On 3/8/2019 at 4:04 PM, Mambo Gladys said:

I don’t really think that’s true and it’s not why most people are annoyed with “Whit-a-thon”. I think it’s a combination of her grossly overstating her accomplishments, putting herself and others in precarious situations, and going from almost zero exercise to something extreme like hiking and rappelling. I’m all for Whitney and any other larger person exercising. That’s awesome. But Whitney doesn’t exercise. She throws herself into ridiculous challenges with little to no preparation. 

Agreed. 

Wasn’t it curious that when Whitney left the lodge for her “3 activities that only a narcissistic asshole would name after themselves” she was carrying walking sticks. 

Then every time we see her walking, she’s made her 72 year old father carry them. Which, in addition to being yet another dick move, almost makes it seem like what we saw her doing was staged.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, auntjess said:

Not drop her, agonize through soliloquies on the next 3 episodes, on how badly she feels about hurting her "best friend."

All the while being "coy" as she dropped less-than-subtle hints to Heather about bedding Buddy. 

• Love 6

I would be shocked if Whit insists that her parents do any kind of activity, especially, the physical stuff.  Glenn seems to be quite capable and seems to be quite outspoken too, to speak up, if he wasn't interested. TLC may extend that invitation.  Apparently, he and Babs like being on the show and it brings in some extra money, though, they don't seem to be hurting for money.  I do hope that Glenn steers clear of activities like rock rapelling in the future.  

On 3/10/2019 at 7:21 PM, Dot said:

Ratings for this episode

0.25 share (down 0.03 pts)

#22 of Tue Top 50 cable shows

1, 031 viewers

Who reports this? Sounds odd. 

• Love 1

Who reports this? Sounds odd. 

What is odd about it? Advertisers want to know when to stop wasting their money on a show that doesn't have enough viewers to make it a good investment.

We snarkers want to know how her shenanigans on any particular week effect viewership.

And, some of us probably correlate the shrieking, male mauling, and embarrassing behavior on any given week with the ratings.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Agreed. 

Wasn’t it curious that when Whitney left the lodge for her “3 activities that only a narcissistic asshole would name after themselves” she was carrying walking sticks. 

Then every time we see her walking, she’s made her 72 year old father carry them. Which, in addition to being yet another dick move, almost makes it seem like what we saw her doing was staged.

I thought all the hikers had walking sticks when they started. If I can bear it, I'll watch that segment again. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Dot said:

I thought all the hikers had walking sticks when they started. If I can bear it, I'll watch that segment again. 

They did. And they all continued to use them. Except Whitney, who made a production of flailing her arms and bouncing her foobs as she speed-waddled along the path, Glenn following behind now holding two pair of walking sticks (his own, and hers, which probably made holding his own less useful)

• Love 11
7 hours ago, LookABird said:

Didn't someone share in this forum that the Hawaii 8K had to be cut short and was only a 5K?  It's annoying to hear her constantly refer to the 8K that wasn't.

I was thinking about that too. The story was that people who did the 8k (which would be ~5mi) said their Garmins were showing that it was only 4 mi. I think the race organizers confirmed that the race was shortened by a mile too.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I was thinking about that too. The story was that people who did the 8k (which would be ~5mi) said their Garmins were showing that it was only 4 mi. I think the race organizers confirmed that the race was shortened by a mile too.

Back when the race was being run, there was a post to a running forum from a participant saying the day was one of the hottest she had ever experienced during a race. She said the organizers were announcing at the starting point that the race was being shortened to a 5K.  (If people didn't hear the announcement, that could explain complaints about the GPS.) But she also heard that some TV crew was there filming some show, and it was possible that was part of the reason for the shortened race.

So yes, Whitney whining about her "8K" failure was totally bogus. Unless she forced Glenn to drag her the whole 8K, just so she could guilt trip him about it forever? Nah, she's already guilt-tripping him without that.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
On 3/10/2019 at 4:21 PM, Dot said:

Ratings for this episode

0.25 share (down 0.03 pts)

#22 of Tue Top 50 cable shows

1, 031 viewers

I need to correct myself: obviously, it should read 1,031,000 viewers.  Sorry for my typo.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Dot said:

I need to correct myself: obviously, it should read 1,031,000 viewers.  Sorry for my typo.

I automatically made that correction, figuring it was "viewers in thousands." Big numbers are frequently presented that way. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I automatically made that correction, figuring it was "viewers in thousands." Big numbers are frequently presented that way. 

That's how the numbers are shown at ShowBiz Daily where I get the data. I always convert them here to 1,000s, but forgot to do so this week.

• Useful 1
On 3/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, Alapaki said:

They did. And they all continued to use them. Except Whitney, who made a production of flailing her arms and bouncing her foobs as she speed-waddled along the path. . .

Speed-waddle! 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Did I catch that Shitney had to have her specially made fully customized fatass harness shipped to Alaska for the rappelling and then got all upset with the spotter because he did not instantly recognize how to work a piece of equipment that had to be re-engineered to fit onto someone who is literally the size of two obese people Shitney's height  rather than being grateful that they were willing to accommodate her at all?

And yes, she is the size of two obese people at her height. She's 5'2" tall and weighs (if you believe her) 350 pounds. Someone her height at 175 pounds would have a BMI of 32 and be clinically obese. That's how huge she is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 3/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, Dot said:

Check it -- or any other show -- for yourself at

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com

Okay. I think I figured out why the numbers seemed odd. I checked into it and for last week MBFFL was ranked 35th. The number on the chart says 937, but, that is for thousands, so that would be 937,000 viewers, which is closer to one million, not one thousand.  

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-12-2019.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay. I think I figured out why the numbers seemed odd. I checked into it and for last week MBFFL was ranked 35th. The number on the chart says 937, but, that is for thousands, so that would be 937,000 viewers, which is closer to one million, not one thousand.  

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-12-2019.html

Those are the data for episode 11, not this episode 10.

39 minutes ago, Dot said:

Those are the data for episode 11, not this episode 10.

Right, okay, so for March 5, which was air date for MBFFL, Where's Buddy Sleeping episode it was like you said, ranked 22nd with a .25 share and the view number they list is 1031, like you said, but, that is for thousands, so the actual viewer number means 1,031,000.  I didn't realize that when I read that number. I was under the impression that is was actually only a few more than a thousand persons who watched.  I didn't think that seemed feasible for a national tv show.  Since, I was  confused, I looked into it.   I really think that's right and confirmed with someone else who uses that chart a lot.  If it's different, please chime in. 

Here's that link again.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-5-2019.html

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Right, okay, so for March 5, which was air date for MBFFL, Where's Buddy Sleeping episode it was like you said, ranked 22nd with a .25 share and the view number they list is 1031, like you said, but, that is for thousands, so the actual viewer number means 1,031,000.  I didn't realize that when I read that number. I was under the impression that is was actually only a few more than a thousand persons who watched.  I didn't think that seemed feasible for a national tv show.  Since, I was  confused, I looked into it.   I really think that's right and confirmed with someone else who uses that chart a lot.  If it's different, please chime in. 

Here's that link again.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-5-2019.html

If you bothered to read this thread, you will see upthread a few posts that I acknowledged my error & corrected it.

If we're going to continue this coversation, take it to Small Talk where it belongs. I'm sure everyone else is bored out of their gourds by now.

• Love 3