Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Where's Buddy Sleeping?

• Start Topic

I actually thought this episode was pretty good.  And, even though Whit got a lot of help, it's still a big accomplishment for someone her size to get through it.  Even with the special accommodations, she's a big girl to be doing all that climbing, hiking, etc.  A lot of morbidly obese people can barely get from their bed to the toilet, so, there's that.   I hope that she doesn't get too content on that challenge though, because, if she does become a mom, she'll have to continue with a lot of activities/movements, for  longer than one day.  She'll need to be able to do diaper changes, running after toddler, putting safety seat in and out of car, bending over tub for bathing child, etc.  She might climb a mountain, but, can she take care of baby? 

I was so glad to see that Heather is over Buddy.  Thank goodness, she's seen the light and is no longer under his spell.  I'll never get how that happens.  He seems to be a very unpleasant person to me. 

Babs seems to be feeling better. That's good. She and Glenn really warm my heart. Glenn is quite fit for a man of 72 years.  I wish he'd stop repelling though!  

• Love 6

While watching an episode, one tends to forget just how large she is.  However, after she donned her "custom harness," it was impossible not to see that she truly is enormous.  Cinching her largest area added even more emphasis to it.

Glenn makes me sad.  He clearly is a loving father who wants to be proud of his daughter, and she doesn't give him much of which to boast.  Babs seems to have a much clearer eye when it comes to her daughter.

• Love 16

Jesus Christ, this chick is a dramatic asshole. Just watched the end of the Whitathon and her fat lazy ass just stood there in the hand tram and let everyone else hoist her hamhocks across the damn ravine. How does she live with herself? And then the screeching histrionics of rapelling down the cliff...I'm sorry, but I am scared of heights and I saw no danger there. She was not even controlling the ropes on the descent. All she had to do was keep her damn feet on the wall while she was being lowered down by the guides. But no, she had to screech and bray like a donkey the whole time. And then she had to climb a ladder. And walk on rocks. And of course she falls down and makes the guide help her up. She doesn't seem to truly understand how huge she is. And at the end she's talking about a test of her mental toughness and I'm just rolling my eyes so hard. She has no mental toughness whatsoever. Being a stubborn idiot doesn't make someone mentally tough.

Funny how nobody else was out of breath at any point during this endeavor, but she was out of breath THE ENTIRE TIME. "I could go back to Hawaii and RUN that 8K!" Do it, Whit. Do it. I dare you.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

“Rappelling” in Alaska. That is too much for that vast person to attempt, as we saw.

I still say the “idea people” for this show should get Whitney up on ice skates in a nice safe rink. No altitude to deal with, no racing, just balance issues. The baddies among us could har-har as she roly-polys across the ice, shrieking in horror as a team of burley hockey players try to hoist her up. I don’t think, at her weight, she would even *feel* a fall.

She'll just say the same shit as her skiing fiasco.

• Love 4

Whitney complaining that her arches seizing was the problem during the 8k in Hawaii is rich. Maybe that was the problem at that moment but does she realize that her arches seized up because  they are carrying nearly 400 lbs? Or does she think that arch seizures are a side effect of her PCOS. We haven’t heard her blame anything on that lately. To Whitney, her weight is never the issue and THAT is her problem. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Funny how nobody else was out of breath at any point during this endeavor, but she was out of breath THE ENTIRE TIME. "I could go back to Hawaii and RUN that 8K!" Do it, Whit. Do it. I dare you.

There’s NO WAY that delusional twat could run the 8k. If I had the money, I’d buy her a first class ticket to Hawaii just to see her try and fail. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

She acts like this was a big feat for her and at 380 or so lbs it probably was. But yes, funny as mentioned above, a guy with a sprained ankle was able to do this with no bitching and whining..go figure.  I do think the film crew really doesn't like her and it does seem that she is being shown in a less than likeable persona now than maybe in previous seasons, probably because of her stank ass attitude.  I am over Buddy, I can't imagine any woman fawning over him, he ain't no Blake Shelton, more a big old pile of BS.  Bab's attitude seems to have changed, maybe due to the stroke or she seems like she is totally over Whitney.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Whitney complaining that her arches seizing was the problem during the 8k in Hawaii is rich.

I told y'all Twit would be stricken with Pretendonitis in this episode. (Never accept MORBID OBESITY as your probem when you can blame it on something else.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Whitney complaining that her arches seizing was the problem during the 8k in Hawaii is rich. Maybe that was the problem at that moment but does she realize that her arches seized up because  they are carrying nearly 400 lbs? Or does she think that arch seizures are a side effect of her PCOS. We haven’t heard her blame anything on that lately. To Whitney, her weight is never the issue and THAT is her problem. 

Is there a doctor in the house?  Is “arches seizing” the same thing as “plantar fasciitis”?  Because, IIRC, that was her go-to excuse in Hawaii as to why she was in agonizing pain.  I called BS back then because I’ve actually grappled with plantar fasciitis and wore a boot to bed for a couple months and had a special orthotic in my shoe to get rid of it.  It hurt when I first got up out of bed, until I walked it out, then I was fine.  Now there is nary a mention of plantar fasciitis this year.  She really should keep a book of the excuses she uses and when she used them, if for nothing other than story continuity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Is there a doctor in the house?  Is “arches seizing” the same thing as “plantar fasciitis”?  Because, IIRC, that was her go-to excuse in Hawaii as to why she was in agonizing pain.  I called BS back then because I’ve actually grappled with plantar fasciitis and wore a boot to bed for a couple months and had a special orthotic in my shoe to get rid of it.  It hurt when I first got up out of bed, until I walked it out, then I was fine.  Now there is nary a mention of plantar fasciitis this year.  She really should keep a book of the excuses she uses and when she used them, if for nothing other than story continuity.

I don't think they're the same. I've had PF too (and I hate that damned boot). I suspect her arches were cramping because she was wearing shoes that actually support her feet, not flip flops. That, and 380.

• Love 7

I think it was an accomplishment for Whitney and I don’t think she needs to compare her progress with anyone else. I have degenerative disc disease and can barely walk. I feel a sense of accomplishment if I can do a short walk on a good day. If I compared myself to people who can walk miles every day I would probably get into bed and never get out.

All exercise is good and trying new things is good no matter who you are. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I actually thought this episode was pretty good.  And, even though Whit got a lot of help, it's still a big accomplishment for someone her size to get through it.  Even with the special accommodations, she's a big girl to be doing all that climbing, hiking, etc.  A lot of morbidly obese people can barely get from their bed to the toilet, so, there's that.   I hope that she doesn't get too content on that challenge though, because, if she does become a mom, she'll have to continue with a lot of activities/movements, for  longer than one day.  She'll need to be able to do diaper changes, running after toddler, putting safety seat in and out of car, bending over tub for bathing child, etc.  She might climb a mountain, but, can she take care of baby? 

I was so glad to see that Heather is over Buddy.  Thank goodness, she's seen the light and is no longer under his spell.  I'll never get how that happens.  He seems to be a very unpleasant person to me. 

Babs seems to be feeling better. That's good. She and Glenn really warm my heart. Glenn is quite fit for a man of 72 years.  I wish he'd stop repelling though!  

In my opinion, she will never be a "mom."  She may acquire a child, but she hasn't demonstrated any of the attributes that would makes someone a good mom.  And if she does adopt or have a child, it wouldn't surprise me to see the child become her caretaker/go-fer like we see so frequently on My 600 Pound Life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
19 hours ago, nytonc said:

I don’t think I can stand to watch Mt Whitney lick the glacier. I’m out. 

That...incident...it’s been burned into my brain since I saw it on her IG months ago. To my mind, it’s one of the most repulsive things I’ve ever seen her do, and that is a HIGH BAR. 

19 hours ago, LilMissKnowitall said:

She must have felt something different in the rope and realized they were taking care of it for her because she stopped doing anything and just sat there suspended.

I don’t watch and I am so curious about this scene. If she had belayers on the ground, she wasn’t rappelling; she was being lowered. I am trying to imagine a system where one can rappel and be lowered at the same time and I’m stumped. 

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I think it was an accomplishment for Whitney and I don’t think she needs to compare her progress with anyone else. I have degenerative disc disease and can barely walk. I feel a sense of accomplishment if I can do a short walk on a good day. If I compared myself to people who can walk miles every day I would probably get into bed and never get out.

All exercise is good and trying new things is good no matter who you are. 

I’ll agree; I’m glad she’s exercising and moving her body. The big difference, to me, between Whitney and people who have injuries or disabilities that constrain them is that Whitney is the architect of her own misery. She has elected to hobble and debilitate herself through her poor lifestyle choices. Obesity is not a disability AND it has an achievable ‘cure.’ She wouldn’t be such a story if she had made better choices for her health, and in the end, despite the money and relative fame, I wonder if she finds it worth it. 

Edited by Pachengala
Clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

There does seem to be a disconnect with Whit about her obesity and her ability to function.  To me, it would seem natural to want to be able to get in and out of a canoe without a huge deal.  And to be able to cut your own toe nails would seem nice.  When getting in and out of a car is an ordeal or just using a toilet in a travel trailer is impossible, it seems that the idea of being a more reasonable size would appeal to her. But, instead, she focuses on how she is able to endure, overcome and manage to do it, despite her weight. Unless, you acknowledge the problem, then there's little chance she'll change.   

I agree that Whit should really access what she is able to provide a child, as opposed to what a child can provide to her.  Because, as she gets older, she may need some help with more and more her daily activities and it's awfully convenient to have your able bodied child chip in.  To me, that's not fair.  I would hope that she would babysit a child for a 24 hour period and see just how taxing on her body it would be. I do know mothers who are her size and they have managed.  Still, the child has to deal with a lot when growing up that way.  

• Love 7

All exercise is good as well as trying new things.  

But not when you depend on others to do the heavy lifting and brag/lie about it being "your" solo accomplishment .

Or scream constantly, ignore others , be rude to friends and family,  and generally act like an a-hole the whole time you are  "exercising. " 

We have eyes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
18 minutes ago, Tosia said:

All exercise is good as well as trying new things.  

But not when you depend on others to do the heavy lifting and brag/lie about it being "your" solo accomplishment .

Or scream constantly, ignore others , be rude to friends and family,  and generally act like an a-hole the whole time you are  "exercising. " 

We have eyes. 

True dat. This wasn't a typical exercise, this was an expedition that would have been a huge physical burden on everyone with her if she'd been unable to complete it. She selfishly put her friends/family at risk so that she could "redeem herself" from her previous horrific performance. Imagine if she'd had to be airlifted out of there at taxpayer expense because she'd eaten herself so large that she couldn't be carried out.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is that you Whitney?

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sara1025 said:

It's funny Whitney thinks this show is all about showing that obese people can do anything thinner people can do, when really all it does is show how much harder if not impossible it is for an obese person to do stuff. In every "challenge" Whit has done, it's the same thing each time: the healthier weight people have no issues whatsoever and it's quite uneventful where as Whitney screams, cries, panics, and practically hyperventilates whether it be skiing, walking, swimming, biking, climbing down a small cliff, etc. Eventually she's going to have a heart attack from showing everyone that she can "do" normal physical challenges due to being so hysterical. Is it really worth it if you cry and panic every time? That's not really proving to anyone that you can actually accomplish these things.

Like other posters mentioned, the digs on her friends are getting old. "This is the most adventurous thing Heather has ever done besides swinging on a swing set, Heather isn't adventurous at all, etc". Always bringing up Buddy's addiction when she's really no different with her *food* addiction. Also, I had to laugh when she said Tal is nervous and anxious all the time, yet SHE's always practically having a panic attack doing anything physical while he seems very calm. Saying Todd is so selfish and just thinks about himself (because Whitney NEVER makes anything about her). It's much easier to bring down your friends instead of realizing what a gigantic hypocrite you are. (Literally.)

A thousand likes!! Well said.  I love it when a person can turn a phrase this well.

Every day, and in a 1000 ways, she proves the stereotype she is trying to debunk.  In addition to being a hypocrite.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Also,  I vomited a little in my mouth watching her deep throat the glacier. I hope she got glacier burn on her tongue.

I hope she gets ice worms!

icewormR.jpg

• LOL 7

A couple of things stood out to me:

- Wasn't she all prim and proper and outraged (gasp!) that Buddy and Chelsea were going back and forth with the sexual innuendo? Then not only is Whitney speculating on what Heather/Buddy were talking about, BUT she was also practically humping the poor canoe guy.  And acknowledging how skeevy and desperate she was acting, but clearly not at ALL seeing the hypocrisy there.

- The glacier licking thing. Maybe it's so ingrained in me that when you're out in nature, you leave things alone. The way they were. Don't take "souvenirs," take your garbage with you, leave no trace, etc and so on. I know I sound ridiculous saying "but what if EVERYONE licked the glaciers?!" But that's all I could think of - that they can't go someplace and just BE and observe and appreciate, but they always have to somehow insert themselves and leave their "mark" so to speak.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, spacefly said:

I hope she gets ice worms!

icewormR.jpg

OMG! Thank you for this! When I was just a wee little Gala, I worked for a helicopter tour company in Juneau, and we’d occasionally ride along on glacier tours. Invariably one of the tourists would remark that the water flowing down the glacier must be the purest water on the planet and invariably the heli pilots would be like, ‘Well actually...’ 

You've sent me down memory lane AND I also agree that I hope she got ice worms. (It’s not THAT terrible so it’s okay to wish on someone you dislike.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

(It’s not THAT terrible so it’s okay to wish on someone you dislike.)

Hey, I wish for people to "die unshriven," so your's is mild.
Would you see them, or would it just be like a spec of dust?

• LOL 4
40 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Hey, I wish for people to "die unshriven," so your's is mild.
Would you see them, or would it just be like a spec of dust?

‘Die Unshriven’ is epic and a blessed Ash Wednesday to you while we’re at it WINK. You would see them if you were specifically looking very, very hard for them, I suppose, but I’ve never seen one. Here’s a pic to scale: 

D70B46A1-212A-4F8B-B982-4F8F14EDCB45.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 3/5/2019 at 5:55 PM, Julyolo said:

When she kissed the glacier, I have to admit I thought that when they cancel the show, maybe she could have a career in fat girl p***!

It's obvious the crew had to waste film doing 2 takes on Twit's ice-licking since the slurping was too disgusting even for them. It's gotta be awful to be around her when she's eating soup or drinking coffee. Or maybe that's why she goes to Starbucks -- no slurping with straws.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Dot said:

It's obvious the crew had to waste film doing 2 takes on Twit's ice-licking since the slurping was too disgusting even for them. It's gotta be awful to be around her when she's eating soup or drinking coffee. Or maybe that's why she goes to Starbucks -- no slurping with straws.

I just watched the episode last night and OMG!!! How embarrassing. She lied and said that she was below 350 pounds when she asked about the weight limit on the hand tram, And she asked about the weight limit on the boat, when you start asking about the weight on things, thats a sign that you need to lose weight!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I was going to ask about the tram weight. I know she was claiming she'd lost 60 lbs (not that she was counting LOL) and was "only" 380 when she started so that would put her at 320 - less than the 350. First, we know that's shit. She was over 400 when she was in Hawaii. Had to have been. So even if she was 400 flat - she was very close to the 350 'over the limit' mark if you believe the 60 lbs weight loss. Heck, even 320/330 is very close to the over the limit mark. So what do these tram people do? I would have looked at her and been very suspicious that she was close to the limit. Can they ask her to get on a scale? Do you think she was weighed off camera? Or do the tram people have to just take her word for it and hope she doesn't plummet to her death and then the family sues the crap out of them?

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I was going to ask about the tram weight. I know she was claiming she'd lost 60 lbs (not that she was counting LOL) and was "only" 380 when she started so that would put her at 320 - less than the 350. First, we know that's shit. She was over 400 when she was in Hawaii. Had to have been. So even if she was 400 flat - she was very close to the 350 'over the limit' mark if you believe the 60 lbs weight loss. Heck, even 320/330 is very close to the over the limit mark. So what do these tram people do? I would have looked at her and been very suspicious that she was close to the limit. Can they ask her to get on a scale? Do you think she was weighed off camera? Or do the tram people have to just take her word for it and hope she doesn't plummet to her death and then the family sues the crap out of them?

I kind of feel like 400 or 350 or whatever it was isn’t the real limit... for safety reasons there has to be a cushion built in. Just like on the highway when there’s a curve and it says speed limit of 30 mph... it’s because you can lose control of the car depending on the degree of curve and the speed at which you take it, but the speed limit is set well below what the actual limit would be according to the laws of physics. Or when your gas tank reads empty, it’s not really empty and you can usually get another 50 miles or so. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

I kind of feel like 400 or 350 or whatever it was isn’t the real limit... for safety reasons there has to be a cushion built in. Just like on the highway when there’s a curve and it says speed limit of 30 mph... it’s because you can lose control of the car depending on the degree of curve and the speed at which you take it, but the speed limit is set well below what the actual limit would be according to the laws of physics. Or when your gas tank reads empty, it’s not really empty and you can usually get another 50 miles or so. 

I’m sure but I wonder at what point someone has to prove they meet the weight limit? Or maybe the real weight limit is 700lbs or something so they don’t have to worry about it. 

• Love 3

Heather isn't fooling me, she would take Buddy back in a heartbeat.  For all we know, they did fuck  No matter what she says, it's obvious she still isn't over that hideous ape.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Honey said:

Heather isn't fooling me, she would take Buddy back in a heartbeat.  For all we know, they did fuck  No matter what she says, it's obvious she still isn't over that hideous ape.

Last week Heather had one of her IG Q&As. A fan asked, "Are you still in love with Buddy?" Heather replied with a flat & emphatic "No." I am inclined to believe her.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

Last week Heather had one of her IG Q&As. A fan asked, "Are you still in love with Buddy?" Heather replied with a flat & emphatic "No." I am inclined to believe her.

I agree. I think the majority of Heather’s “angst” has been show generated. I think she’s done with him. 

• Love 7

Gah...Twit is so full of shit her eyes are brown. She's telling Buddy how he needs to 'work on himself' and stay relationship-free and we see clips from future eps where she's putting on the moves hard core. Which is such a joke on so many levels. For as befouling as Buddy is - he has NEVER shown the slightest hint of attraction to her. But Whitney sees what she wants to see and lives in a fantasy bubble where she's the funniest, smartest, most attractive woman out there. 'Cause her dopey parents and pathetic barnacles stroke her massive ego hourly. Case in point - her hitting on the guides at every stop. You can tell they found it painful.

Also - I know the editing gods are a bit wonky but why did they show Glenn hauling her fat ass on the tram when 1 minute later it showed him pulling in behind her? Whatever...the whole thing is preposterous. The "Whitathon' was harder than the Hawaii 8K? Suuuuuure Glenn and Twit. Sure it is. I'm not even in great shape and 12 years older and a 5 mile bike ride is a pretty damn easy.

And why on Earth did Buddy fly all the way to Alaska for an overnight? Unless I missed something or they edited weird (see above) - it seemed he stayed one night. Nice disposal income for a group of encroaching-on-middle-age losers. It'll be a rude awakening for all when TLC pulls the plug on this clown car. Especially for Buddy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

So what do these tram people do? I would have looked at her and been very suspicious that she was close to the limit. Can they ask her to get on a scale? Do you think she was weighed off camera? Or do the tram people have to just take her word for it and hope she doesn't plummet to her death and then the family sues the crap out of them?

There are no "Tram People" present, it's use at your own risk. They figure people have common sense. I hate going across on my own, at 180 pounds it leans if there is just one person.

Also - I know the editing gods are a bit wonky but why did they show Glenn hauling her fat ass on the tram when 1 minute later it showed him pulling in behind her? Whatever...the whole thing is preposterous. 

Not saying there aren't editing monkeys but you can pull someone across from either side, in either direction. It's a loop from one side to the other.

Edited by spacefly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, spacefly said:

There are no "Tram People" present, it's use at your own risk. They figure people have common sense. I hate going across on my own, at 180 pounds it leans if there is just one person.

Not saying there aren't editing monkeys but you can pull someone across from either side, in either direction. It's a loop from one side to the other.

Thanks for explaining that. I didn’t watch the epsiode. The peeing incident ended it for me. So honestly it seems even more risky to lie about your weight when it’s a “use at your own risk” type of thing than a organized and monitored place. 

Her argument would be that she’s under 350 which I don’t believe but even if she is, she isn’t that much under. 

• Love 6
(edited)

So it’s not bad enough she makes her 80 year old father go rappelling down a “cliff” but she makes him and two guys who probably combined weigh less than she across a tram line.  I would have pulled her halfway and walked off, so I might have a chance of enjoying this pathetic trip.

Where will Buddy sleep? I would say a pissy hot tub,  but apparently it’s full.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 3/5/2019 at 8:55 PM, Julyolo said:

When she kissed the glacier, I have to admit I thought that when they cancel the show, maybe she could have a career in fat girl p***!

Well she already has a youtube channel, doesn't she?
Several of the 600 Lbers did this, usually feeder porn.  
(The things I've learned from The Learning Channel.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Just saw the rappelling.  You can (badly) descend by trying to hold your body weight and that is what most of them were trying. The fit ones with less body weight didn't have as bad a time as someone trying to hold her massive body with her arm strength. If this hadn't been set up to show her in the worst possible light they all would have had a lesson on controlling their descent. Only one hand is needed and to slow yourself you put the hand holding the rope on the side of your hip.  The pressure of the rope is on the belay device not the hands which only slide along the rope to get more slack.

Seeing them do something foolish offended me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Seeing them do something foolish offended me.

You must be offended weekly with this bunch then.

It also irritates me they take something (everything) serious and fall into it ass backwards or haphazardly.  I would say it’s an act but honestly i don’t think any of them are that good at acting despite what they proclaim.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I watched this expecting to laugh at her but honestly I can't.  I think she's a selfish moron for running and putting headphones on while hiking.  I didn't like how she let her dad and friends pull her across the ravine but also it may have been hard for her to do that herself just because her stomach was in the way of the rope; it just wasn't designed for her.

But aside from that I think she actually did really well and I have to give her some props for finishing this.  It wasn't graceful and she struggled more than her thin friends but I don't care.  She did and did it hauling 200 extra lbs that they don't have.  I don't care what size harness she had to use or whether she struggled more than she should have.  She's clearly in better shape than she was in Hawaii, has lost a considerable amount of weight, and is clearly trying to do better.  I can't mock that.

I do agree with Whitney that the world is way too harsh on fat people when they try to exercise.  Everyone starts somewhere and it's okay to celebrate your own victories.  Props to her for finishing it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, minamreeka said:

I do agree with Whitney that the world is way too harsh on fat people when they try to exercise.  Everyone starts somewhere and it's okay to celebrate your own victories.  Props to her for finishing it.

I don’t really think that’s true and it’s not why most people are annoyed with “Whit-a-thon”. I think it’s a combination of her grossly overstating her accomplishments, putting herself and others in precarious situations, and going from almost zero exercise to something extreme like hiking and rappelling. I’m all for Whitney and any other larger person exercising. That’s awesome. But Whitney doesn’t exercise. She throws herself into ridiculous challenges with little to no preparation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
19 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Thanks for explaining that. I didn’t watch the epsiode. The peeing incident ended it for me. So honestly it seems even more risky to lie about your weight when it’s a “use at your own risk” type of thing than a organized and monitored place. 

Her argument would be that she’s under 350 which I don’t believe but even if she is, she isn’t that much under. 

The weight limit was 400, not 350.   I’m pretty comfortable with the gym scale scene being accurate (a prior episode). Since production doesn’t seem to put her in a positive light, I don’t think they’re faking weigh ins; but, even if she had gained since her last televised weight, she’s not close to the weight max.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't really see this sort of thing. I've been a personal trainer for 11 years in a community recreation setting, and we have people of all ages and sizes at our facility. I've never seen anyone given a stink-eye or called out negatively for exercising. I've trained people who were underweight and I've trained people who were 350 lb. The larger folks are far more likely to make fun of THEMSELVES for exercising, or refer to themselves as "the fatso" or other derogatory things. They also are more likely to think that others are judging or watching them (they aren't). It seems like more of a self-consciousness issue than an other-people issue. 

That said, I do judge Whitney for what she does with exercise, because I think her workouts are wildly inappropriate for someone her size and fitness level, and it troubles me that her legion of fans might "try this at home," so to speak. It feels like there should be a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen whenever Whitney tries these ridiculous stunts.

I agree with this. In fact even on these boards where the focus is snark, people are not making fun of her because she’s exercising.  Her vile behavior, her screeching and carrying on, her narcissism, her completely inappropriate exercises for her size, her refusal to listen to her coaches or others, I could go on and on - but just the fact that she’s exercising is not a source of snark. 

• Love 19