Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Divided, They Summer

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think this is where I was coming from.  Luann has no call to speak about anyone's drunkenness but her own.

On one hand, I think that people need to mind their own business, but on the other hand, what if Bethenny took that approach and didn't reach out to LuAnn?  There's no telling what kind of trouble LuAnn would've gotten into without some help.  Thing is, she seemed open to listening to her friends.  I think that LuAnn was just trying to keep Dorinda from spiraling out of control.  Problem is, I don't think Dorinda is going to listen to any of her friends, because in her mind, she doesn't have a problem.  I can understand Dorinda being mad at the insinuation that she needs help, but I really hate for her to have a LuAnn moment or worse in order to realize it.  I can picture Dorinda having some horrible breakdown and she'd be the first one to scream at her friends as to why they didn't say something or help her.  

She did say that she's trying to get healthy.  I wonder if that means cutting back or trying to quit drinking so much.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, smores said:

Before George, remember her storming off the set over the MENTION of Alex's nude pictures? Just the thought of a naked person so upset Ramona's sensibilities, but now? She'll happily maul anyone she can get her mitts on!

I want to know where the interns are sleeping in the new place and also how she is justifying the need for them.  Before it was "oh, it's so hard to handle this huge home, and I have all this room, so people send their kids here, they have a safe place to stay, they learn the finer graces and they help me with my calendar, it's a win-win" Because Miss Sonja's Finishing School of the Funky Ice will teach you all the needed social skills, like fishing things out of toilets, how to properly cleanse your face in the bidet, what the absolute lowest temperature you can set your heat to before pipes freeze, and how to harass any man who gets within 50 yards of your stoop.

There have been a lot of rumors swirling in the last few years about Lulu and her money.  Her façade seems to be slowly chipping away, and she's not going to go the happy, goofy Grey Gardens route that Sonja does.  Sonja has no shame in announcing that she has to grab the sharpie to cover up a scratch in her 20 plus year old Chanel bag.  That's NOT Lu, she will die before she lets someone know that she doesn't have the best things.  She is THE COUNTESS.

For some, I think it's a lack of space, like Sonja.  Maybe Dorinda, because I think she has a relatively small space, too.  For others, though, and Bethenny might be one of them, it could be that they had someone pull the clothes for specific events.  I could definitely see several of the BH girls having stylists pull outfits (obviously Erika), and I could see Bethenny doing it, if for nothing else, for when she's traveling for work.  Having a person put together the outfits, and making sure the stuff matches and you're appropriate at all of the events would totally be the type of thing I'd pay for if money was no object.  I hate getting somewhere and realizing I forgot the bra that works best with this top, or whatever.  But, that's the other reason I think the racks pop up.

I think people are encouraged to express their feelings in general now.  Some kids that I know lost their grandparent and they were basically told that he is always there with them in spirit and that any time they missed the person, they could just talk to them.  They were encouraged to tell the person about their day, any special news, whatever made the kid feel better.  So, honestly, if it helps Brynn to feel like she's saying what she needs to, for her to express the emotion and get it out, then if it takes the form of a text, it's not a big deal.  I'll admit, part of me wishes I could still leave voicemails for my grandfather, who has been dead for over a decade.  Just calling and hearing his voice would be reassuring sometimes, and I know he wouldn't get the message, but, it would make me feel a bit better. 

On to another topic, Ramona's nose has looked wonky for a bit.  It is far more wonky this year, though.  If you look back, it's always been a bit crooked and the one nostril was bigger than the other.  It's just much more noticeable this year for some reason.  At some point she'll spill what she did.

Interns for what?  Was she Royalty?  She is a woman from upstate New York who met and married Mr. Moneybags for only ten years.  So now she needs interns, free ones at that to make her tea and toast?  Her and Ramoaner are getting older.  Men around their age want women in their twenties and thirties at best, and will get them.  They better hurry up while they still have the energy, which btw goes away fast.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, smores said:

With Dorinda, she does have a point where she "turns" when she's drinking.  Is Luann the best person to speak about it? Probably not, but, everyone has had to suffer the wrath of drunken Dorinda, and she's actually injured herself while blackout, so she really should get some help.  She had no clue she'd grabbed a knife in Mexico and was bleeding until they told her. 

The Bethenny list:

Season One they were actually upset about the way Ramona was treating Simon.  She was flat out rude and nasty to him, to his face.  That's what people were objecting to, the way she treated him.  They tried to gently get her out of it "Like, ok, we get it, girls night doesn't generally include men, but he's here now and we'll make him welcome" but Ramona wasn't having it.  She then stormed out.

Season Two, the issue was that this company had donated a large quantity of liquor in exchange for the advertising.  If the signs weren't up, they weren't getting what they "paid" for, and the contacts were Bethenny's.  The damage done would have been to her and her credibility and that is a legitamite problem, so, this is something that you'd likely see go on at any sort of fundraiser, behind the scenes.  The names on the step and repeat signs are there because it was negotiated/paid for, not just because the charity really likes the people.  

Season Three, Jill was on a campaign to trash Bethenny and she was saying a lot of stuff that wasn't true.  She was trying to turn public opinion against B and make it appear that she had not bothered to be in any way loyal despite ALL that Jill, the wonderful, loyal, giver had done for her.  Oddly enough, it turns out that most of this was Jill trying to create a storyline and shit fell apart because she missed the window to make up with B.  When she finally decided she was "ready" B had moved on and just didn't give a shit.  That's why things stayed broken for so long.

Season Seven, she and Heather clashed but, I think both were responsible.  Heather (in my opinion), was more of a snake than she appeared to be on camera, and has a nasty habit of filing cheater lawsuits.  She and B just weren't destined to be close friends.  Sonja and her business? I mean, honestly, that's the whole toaster oven débâcle and the football team and I can't count how many other businesses she had in her little empire at that time.  I don't really know who can't throw their business acumen in Sonja's face.  B does have a more successful business than Sonja.  She just does, especially at that point in time.

I'm skipping season eight because I swear I have some sort of amnesia about that season.  I vaguely remember who Jules was, but I really don’t remember anything about what happened that year.

In Season Ten, Carole had come out swinging in what appeared to be a faux fight so she had a storyline.  She started stories prior to the season starting about how awful B was, and B was genuinely confused about it. She tried, multiple times to figure out what the problem was, and Carole basically told her that it wasn't a problem, that it was resolved or that she had no idea what B was talking about.  And then she'd go off and talk to other people about B and how awful she was.  So B would try to fix things, and then Carole would be like, what do you want from me? I personally think there were mixed messages, they probably got their wires crossed, and then never were able to resolve things.  I also think Carole likes to friend hop and she pretty much found a bigger fish, who was able to give her better access to things.  And so she moved on, as she pretty much has always done.  

This. Cosign 😉 

Season 8 was when Carole and Bethenny weren't welcoming to Jules, some say they body-shamed Jules (BF did one of her dramatic things where she said Jules reminded her of her Mom, who had anorexia, and it was hard for BF to be around Jules...per BF...mind you it was clear Jules had food issues, she admitted she had a disorder during high school - but it was rather rich coming from Carole who isn't exactly the healthiest looking member of the HW's, and we didn't see HER - CR - eat that much on screen either, but I digress), CR & BF were rude together. Jules was neurotic at minimum, but she certainly didn't deserve the unfriendly welcome she got from Carole and her then show BFF Bethenny. And I'm a fan of BF overall, don't agree with everything she does but I like her on the show 😉 

Edited by BodhiGurl
typo + clarified thought
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, smores said:

With Dorinda, she does have a point where she "turns" when she's drinking.  Is Luann the best person to speak about it? Probably not, but, everyone has had to suffer the wrath of drunken Dorinda, and she's actually injured herself while blackout, so she really should get some help.  She had no clue she'd grabbed a knife in Mexico and was bleeding until they told her. 

Didn't she also slam her face into a birthday cake while the candles were still lit?

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, izabella said:

Didn't she also slam her face into a birthday cake while the candles were still lit?

Yes she did!   I still don't understand how she didn't burn herself or take an eye out.  

• Love 8
On 3/7/2019 at 12:02 PM, kicksave said:

I'm sorry...I think Ramona's "flirting" borders on  sexual harassment. I thought she was out of line with the swimming instructor...he was trying to be professional but she kept making sexual innuendo and commentary that made me embarrassed for him. If this was reversed and it was a man doing this to her or any woman, she would be crying #MeToo. Her over the top come ons to people she employs are pathetic and cross boundaries...she knows better.

I thought it was sexual harassment. And creepy. It’s not ok to hire someone to teach you something and then treat them like a hooker. But Ramona has pretty much zero self awareness. I doubt it would even register that it’s possible someone would t take her advances as a compliment.

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, smores said:

I agree. I wouldn’t t say the average Real Housewife has a great relationship with alcohol. Of course not! They’re all a bunch of narcissist with poor personal boundaries and an inability to learn from mistakes. Perfect recipes for camera ready drunken antics. But for the most part I would say they are on a sliding scale of not understanding limits. Some to more problematic degrees then others. But still mostly just drunk versions of themselves. Entitlement, bitchness, and needy drama queen tendencies turned up to 11.Dorinda is...different. You can literally see her cross over as it happens. Her entire body changes at a certain point. Different body language, speech pattern, mannerism, everything. I’m not saying that makes her an alcoholic or that she needs to quit drinking or that I know what she should do at all. I’m just saying, Dorinda doesn’t become a drunk, sloppy version of herself like most people. She becomes Drunk Dorinda. 

I am saying there is no way no one has ever brought this up to her before she became a Real Housewiy. Just no fucking way.    

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, geauxaway said:

In my opinion, a 9 year old texting anyone, let alone my dead ex not boyfriend, is inappropriate.  I don’t even know if I’d let my 10 year old text my mom from my phone, he just doesn’t need that access.

As for visiting the cemetery.  I’d like to meet a 9 year old that has willingly asked to go to a cemetery to talked to a deceased.  I don’t feel that is something most well adjusted kids have on their “to do” list.   

Brynn already has enough on her plate for a 9 year old.  Her parents HATE each other and now her mommy’s special friend died from drugs.  I’d just like the kid to get a break.  Even if she did for some reason ask to text Dennis, B could have kept that off the show.  Her daughter’s grief shouldn’t be on camera if her daughter is not allowed on camera.  She pulled this same thing to a certain extent when she posted a pic of Brynn crying over Cookie’s portrait on IG.  I honestly thought she wasn’t supposed to really speak about her much at all. 

As for a positive on B, like I said before ADULTS handle grief in all sorts of ways.  I won’t judge her at all on how she handles it herself.  

Your experience differs from many.  My four year old's favorite thing to do is text her nana, she loves using the emojis.  All of my friends with kids of a similar age say the same thing.   How in the world is it inappropriate?  It's not like she's texting strangers she meets on the internet, it's her nana!

I have memories of visiting cemeteries as a child.  I loved to walk around and read the headstones.  Still do. Maybe that's why I'm so inappropriate, letting my four year old text her nana.  😉  

• Love 18
(edited)

I normally think it's gross to speculate, but I say from experience that I think Dorinda is taking Adderall and then drinking, and it's a horrible combo: Your rage moves faster than your thoughts, and you don't feel drunk so you are more likely to binge-drink. Then she wakes up feeling horrible about herself or she crashes.

"functioning in everyday life without a buzz. It's almost like she doesn't know quite how to handle emotions without a bit of alcohol to even her. She was tossing that salad forever - I was waiting for bits of lettuce to go flying out of the bowl - she got more nervous as Bethenny got more and more emotional." (KungFuBunny)

Bethenny's "Stop tossing the fucking salad!" cracked me up.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Interns for what?  Was she Royalty?  She is a woman from upstate New York who met and married Mr. Moneybags for only ten years.  So now she needs interns, free ones at that to make her tea and toast?

That scene with Sonja's "intern" bringing her toast in bed was ridiculous.  Get your ass out of bed Sonja and walk the 10 feet to the kitchen.  Fix it your damn self, or at least get dressed and go sit at the table!  I think breakfast in bed is gross.  I don't want crumbs, etc. in my sheets.  YMMV.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 5:55 PM, lezlers said:

Your experience differs from many.  My four year old's favorite thing to do is text her nana, she loves using the emojis.  All of my friends with kids of a similar age say the same thing.   How in the world is it inappropriate?  It's not like she's texting strangers she meets on the internet, it's her nana!

I have memories of visiting cemeteries as a child.  I loved to walk around and read the headstones.  Still do. Maybe that's why I'm so inappropriate, letting my four year old text her nana.  😉  

Among my friend/family group nine is on the young side to have a cell phone but not unheard of. Especially in a contentious divorce. For most of my friends that are dealing with co-parenting under hostile conditions, kids get cell phones as soon as they can reasonably use them so neither parent can cut off the line of communication to the other. Nine is about right there. I’m guessing that is what’s going on here. In that case Brynn’s cell phone might even be court ordered. One of my friends has that in his custody agreement. His daughters cell phone has to be in working order and paying the bill is part of their support agreement. If either parent tries to block their daughter from contacting the other on her cell phone they are in violation of the custody agreement. It was a NASTY divorce. All that being said. My nieces and nephews have texted me from their parents phone since they were about 4 or 5. Usually it’s just a series of emojis or “Aunti Fozzybear, bring ice cream!”, but yeah. Nine doesn’t strike me as weird at all. It’s a phone. I knew how to use a phone by nine. I could also cook a simple dinner and walk to the corner store around that age. Sometimes I think we get a little hyper about kids these days. I’ll go see my old ass out the door now.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 23
12 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

That scene with Sonja's "intern" bringing her toast in bed was ridiculous.  Get your ass out of bed Sonja and walk the 10 feet to the kitchen.  Fix it your damn self, or at least get dressed and go sit at the table!  I think breakfast in bed is gross.  I don't want crumbs, etc. in my sheets.  YMMV.

Exactly, I am very spoiled - my hubby gets up before I do (we both work from home) - and he brings my coffee and protein bar every morning. Every couple of weeks he goes into the office and I have to fend for myself. We have three cats, but they don’t wait on me - I have to fend for myself-  and get my lazy ass out of bed, -at least the cats are good at cleaning up my crumbs on the bedspread (maybe not as good as dogs). I need to find some non cat interns to wait on me and an foot - however, seeing as I’m not on reality TV- I may have to learn to fend for myself. Well, I am a human adult, so I really have no excuse except that I’ve become very spoiled.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, I’m not surprised.  Look who’s running the housewives. Andy Cohen.  The more filthier and inappropriate, the better.  “Watch what Happens” is an example.  Talking about vaginas, penises and semen .. is NOT appropriate at all, and not funny.

Yeah, I think Andy dislikes women and is thrilled to see them argue over dumb stuff in these shows.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

And of course, Dorinda is being a big ole bitch.  I find nothing attractive about her anymore.

I’m sitting at my table for one, but thought Lu looked gorgeous outside and on her Vespa.  

I feel so bad for Bethenny.....I’m giving her all the room she needs to grieve this season.  It’s so weird, my mom passed away about a year ago, and she was sick and died during the NY season.  The show was so comforting to me during that time.

Crazy Sonja really does have a good heart sometimes.

I love Bethenny’s Hampton house, and I miss Carol.

I am so sorry for your lost.

It's odd what insignificant things can bring one comfort when they need it most. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Exactly, I am very spoiled - my hubby gets up before I do (we both work from home) - and he brings my coffee and protein bar every morning. Every couple of weeks he goes into the office and I have to fend for myself. We have three cats, but they don’t wait on me - I have to fend for myself-  and get my lazy ass out of bed, -at least the cats are good at cleaning up my crumbs on the bedspread (maybe not as good as dogs). I need to find some non cat interns to wait on me and an foot - however, seeing as I’m not on reality TV- I may have to learn to fend for myself. Well, I am a human adult, so I really have no excuse except that I’ve become very spoiled.

One of my cats used to bring me breakfast. I thankfully gave her a good scratch and scruffle her for her gift as she twined around my legs or if she gave me breakfast in bed. Saddly I just don't eat gopher or sparrow.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

They showed upcoming clips for the season and one was the aerobic class being taught by Dorinda.

Look at Bethenny's belly button area - is it me or does that look like her Kotex with wings dis-attached from her crotch and meandered up? Bwahahaha

WHAAAT?  Dorinda is teaching aerobics???

Ramona looks like someone from a Jane Fonda aerobics VHS circa 1981 ( or whenever she was doing that stuff).

• Love 2

Just to clarify, Taylor was labeled as Sonya's assistant, not intern.  In the past, all these young adults were labeled as So's interns as far as I can remember.  Just sayin.  Just trying to respect Taylor.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Interns for what?  Was she Royalty?  She is a woman from upstate New York who met and married Mr. Moneybags for only ten years.  So now she needs interns, free ones at that to make her tea and toast?  Her and Ramoaner are getting older.  Men around their age want women in their twenties and thirties at best, and will get them.  They better hurry up while they still have the energy, which btw goes away fast.

Sonja always had this weird intern program going on, from the beginning of her time on the show.  She essentially explained it as she had friends around the world who had kids who wanted to move to NY to go to school or live life and they wanted to know that they were safe and had a place to live.  She provided them a home and in exchange for that, they did some "minimal chores" like helping her arrange her schedule or set up for parties, etc.  Alternately, she referred to it as a weird sort of finishing school where the interns would learn social graces and things that Lady Morgan could teach and then they'd have access to her contacts.  But, mostly it was free labor and against the law.  And likely she was charging them or their parents rent.  

I'm just not sure where she's stacking up the interns now.  Although maybe it's a legit assistant.  I'd love for someone to bring me breakfast in bed, and if I had an assistant, it's entirely possible they might get to my house before I was up and out of bed (I'm a night person), but, I wouldn't expect them to make me toast and serve it.  It'd be one thing to be like "Could you make me some toast, please" and then head to the bathroom, brush my teeth, toss on clothing and then head out and eat it in the dining room like a normal person.

3 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I agree. I wouldn’t t say the average Real Housewife has a great relationship with alcohol. Of course not! They’re all a bunch of narcissist with poor personal boundaries and an inability to learn from mistakes. Perfect recipes for camera ready drunken antics. But for the most part I would say they are on a sliding scale of not understanding limits. Some to more problematic degrees then others. But still mostly just drunk versions of themselves. Entitlement, bitchness, and needy drama queen tendencies turned up to 11.Dorinda is...different. You can literally see her cross over as it happens. Her entire body changes at a certain point. Different body language, speech pattern, mannerism, everything. I’m not saying that makes her an alcoholic or that she needs to quit drinking or that I know what she should do at all. I’m just saying, Dorinda doesn’t become a drunk, sloppy version of herself like most people. She becomes Drunk Dorinda. 

I am saying there is no way no one has ever brought this up to her before she became a Real Housewiy. Just no fucking way.    

I think we've seen most of the housewives drunk before, and you can tell the difference between tipsy and drunk.  Like, tipsy would be happy, giggly dancing and having fun, but maybe stumbling around a bit.  Drunk would be Kyle rolling around the floor in the hotel hallway on BH this past week.  But, would I say that I think Kyle has a problem with alcohol? No.  

Dorinda, on the other hand, it's a whole different world.  One minute, she's laughing and happy and all is well and then she's at 45 and it's like she is possessed. It almost seems like it's some sort of improv thing where they're telling someone to channel a spirit or another personality.  She changes so completely, and she has no memory of it.  She appears to be remorseful after, but the fact that she's had video evidence of the behavior for a few years now and has yet to make ANY changes? She doesn't give a shit.  She's fine with it.  So, she either hasn't hit rock bottom, or she just doesn't care what other people say and she will not change until/unless she loses everything.  That's really all that worked with Luann.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

and

1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Among my friend/family group nine is on the young side to have a cell phone but not unheard of. Especially in a contentious divorce. For most of my friends that are dealing with co-parenting under hostile conditions, kids get cell phones as soon as they can reasonably use them so neither parent can cut off the line of communication to the other. Nine is about right there. I’m guessing that is what’s going on here. In that case Brynn’s cell phone might even be court ordered. One of my friends has that in his custody agreement. His daughters cell phone has to be in working order and paying the bill is part of their support agreement. If either parent tries to block their daughter from contacting the other on her cell phone they are in violation of the custody agreement. It was a NASTY divorce. All that being said. My nieces and nephews have texted me from their parents phone since they were about 4 or 5. Usually it’s just a series of emojis or “Aunti Fozzybear, bring ice cream!”, but yeah. Nine doesn’t strike me as weird at all. It’s a phone. I knew how to use a phone by nine. I could also cook a simple dinner and walk to the corner store around that age. Sometimes I think we get a little hyper about kids these days. I’ll go see my old as out the door now.

Kids tend to have either their own phones or access to some sort of device earlier and earlier.  I guarantee Brynn has a phone, because of the way the divorce has gone, so each parent can contact her or she can contact either parent at any time with no questions asked.  I see kids playing with phones everywhere when I'm out and about, it's one of the first things kids learn how to do, get to the app/video they want to watch.  We don't live near our nieces and nephews and when they get older (they're all quite young), I'll be more than happy to answer any and all random texts about ice cream, Dora the explorer (or whatever it is kids these days are into), etc.  

Plus, the other thing is, B was aware of these texts because they were sent on HER phone.  That means she's well aware of what her daughter is doing online and she isn't just being given unfettered access to text random people.  

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, I think Andy dislikes women and is thrilled to see them argue over dumb stuff in these shows.

I think Andy likes to see anyone argue over dumb stuff, male or female.  He's just as happy when the Joes would fight on NJ as when Vicki and Tamra fight on OC.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Wasn't "turning" a reference to Dorinda's sloppy drunk nastiness?  I don't think getting nasty is the point of drinking.  Dorinda seems to get nasty very quickly when she drinks and Lu could see that she was about to get nasty.

Although I get why someone would be pissed if the person making that comment just got arrested for assaulting an officer while drunk, I think Dorinda would lash out at anyone that pointed out what she is -- a NASTY drunk.  She's not a happy drunk.  She's a nasty, mean drunk.

Yes it was and she does! 

Slurinda doesn't have to be drunk to get nasty.

Look at the morning brunch last season where she gutted Sonja for comparing Sonja's sadness about her divorce to Dorinda losing her precious Richard.

Dorinda once again as always had to being up that mouldering spectre of her dead husband in conversation. She's moved on about as much as Sonja. Pot meet kettle.

So no Slurinda doesn't need the booze to go on a spittle spewing sluring attack.

I'll give Lu a pass on saying Dodo was "turning." She wasn't being self righteous, she made an observation that I didn't view as an acusation. 

If I get a ticket and probation for speeding and misdemeanor reckless driving. I'm not in the wrong for saying you're going to fast and swerving. 

Dorinda lost me last season. She was drunk, loud and mean the first season. I gave her a pass but she is still the same drunk loud mean Dorinda. 

Edited by Giselle
Richard not John
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I thought the issue with Bryn’s texts is that she texted Dennis’ phone after he died.

She did, from Bethenny's phone.  It was her way of talking to him, much the same as some people would visit a person's grave and chat.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, smores said:

She did, from Bethenny's phone.  It was her way of talking to him, much the same as some people would visit a person's grave and chat.  

Agreed.

From the way Dorinda goes on and on, and on about Richard I don't think he's in the cemetery anymore, if he ever was. I think he's in her bedroom closet and she talks to him most every night.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 3/7/2019 at 7:54 PM, Gam2 said:

What exactly is the point of having Tinsley on this show? She’s such a no-never-mind, as my older sister used to say. She’s not mean or hateful or criminal but neither does she offer anything interesting. She’s just meh. Get a life, girl! You’re not getting any younger!!

I have to think that her boyfriend is still seeing other girls, he has Tinsley on tender hooks and far enough away so he can do as he pleases.

• Love 2

If Bethenny is such a good friend to Lu and worried about her recent 50 days of sobriety and fragile state of mind then why did she have a bottle of (what else, Skinny Girl) wine at lunch with Lu and the girl that brought the tool kit?

• Love 9

My final thought, Ramona is just getting grosser and grosser with her awkward innapropriate flirting, a term I use loosely.  It is almost preditorial if that is a word.  It is horrifying to watch I can only imagine of what the intended target must be feeling.  Who would think that is sexy or fun?  

If Ramona was in a office enviornment she would be fired and or sued.

• Love 11
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My final thought, Ramona is just getting grosser and grosser with her awkward innapropriate flirting, a term I use loosely.  It is almost preditorial if that is a word.  It is horrifying to watch I can only imagine of what the intended target must be feeling.  Who would think that is sexy or fun?  

If Ramona was in a office enviornment she would be fired and or sued.

I disagree.

The swim instructor knocked  on her  door and immediately kissed her hand. He initiated it so I have to wonder if this is his MO with a portion of his wealthy clientele especially if they are of a certain age.

This time Ramona didn't start it, he did and she reciprocated,  then he dropped his pants to reveal form fitting swim trunks and she hung her breasts on a pool noodle. 

I see this instance as no harm no foul they both knew what the other was doing, they both engaged, and neither complained. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, smores said:

Interns

O.k. Gotcha.  Now I get it.  I didn’t know all that.  Since this change on the board, my “ quote” thingy isn’t working.  Everything is messed up.  Thanks for the info on Sonja.  Interesting.  Like a side job, haha.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:54 PM, Gam2 said:

What exactly is the point of having Tinsley on this show? She’s such a no-never-mind, as my older sister used to say. She’s not mean or hateful or criminal but neither does she offer anything interesting. She’s just meh. Get a life, girl! You’re not getting any younger!!

I only pay attention to her segments for the shoe porn.

She seriously has the best footwear collection across the franchise.  

Other than that, her presence is like white noise.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

I disagree.

The swim instructor knocked  on her  door and immediately kissed her hand. He initiated it so I have to wonder if this is his MO with a portion of his wealthy clientele especially if they are of a certain age.

This time Ramona didn't start it, he did and she reciprocated,  then he dropped his pants to reveal form fitting swim trunks and she hung her breasts on a pool noodle. 

I see this instance as no harm no foul they both knew what the other was doing, they both engaged, and neither complained. 

While her flirting makes me cringe, I think they both know (or think) it makes great TV.  Otherwise, what would've been interesting, reality-show wise, about Ramona getting swimming lessons.

Also, I thought he was wearing a toupee.  Seems odd a swimming instructor wouldn't get his hair wet?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

I thought the issue with Bryn’s texts is that she texted Dennis’ phone after he died.

Yea, I think that's the part I have a bit of concern about. My oldest son is 10. I also have a 9yo and a 7yo. None of my kids have a phone; they won't be getting one until they're driving. However, once in awhile they will use my phone or my husband's to text the other parent while we're away. And we're right there when they're doing it. It's a situation where I may be texting my husband while he's at work and they ask if they can "talk" to dad. So I let them. I don't see an issue. 

However, I worry how healthy it is for EITHER of them to be sending texts to a dead man's phone. I've never lost anyone that close to me, so I do not want to judge. AT. ALL. But I will admit I wondered how you can move on when you're still trying to communicate the way you did when he was alive. He won't answer those texts. I mean, I don't know...maybe it's comforting to "talk" to him the way you used to? I definitely don't think you should stop talking to a loved one when they pass. My mom "talks" to her mom often. But there's just something a bit off with doing it via text vs. going to a graveyard or something. Maybe it might be confusing to a child? 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

I disagree.

I don't think there was any harm or foul, either, but only after seeing how things played out.  I think that's why it's important to not do overtly sexual flirting in contexts that you aren't positive, based on experience with that person, it's welcome. 

In this situation, I think Ramona crossed the line, unless there was a super-fast back-and-forth progression that was edited out.  But I could be biased because I think her filthy flirting is gross and inappropriate. 

And I do question mentioning the guy's form fitting swim trunks.  If women can wear whatever they want and be immune from speculation on their willingness to accept advances, I think that should apply to men, too.

Of course in Ramona's case, she looks better the more clothes she has on, so maybe there's some sort of exemption.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

However, I worry how healthy it is for EITHER of them to be sending texts to a dead man's phone. I've never lost anyone that close to me, so I do not want to judge. AT. ALL. But I will admit I wondered how you can move on when you're still trying to communicate the way you did when he was alive. He won't answer those texts.

I found that odd too.  There's a lot of things that I don't understand about Bethenny.  

• Love 4
On 3/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, izabella said:

Since it's Sonja, this is what I thought of.

image.png.948fa27b2cb8fb3d44b2c8779902aaaf.png

Damn it! Just went down the Internet rabbit hole AGAIN to unsuccessfully try to find the Sugar Doughnut lip gloss that I loved (and paid dearly for a second one years ago on eBay after they stopped making it). I still have the second one for comparison but have never been able to find a satisfactory color match in another brand. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Thumper said:

WHAAAT?  Dorinda is teaching aerobics???

Ramona looks like someone from a Jane Fonda aerobics VHS circa 1981 ( or whenever she was doing that stuff).

I had an immediate recall of Ramona's Cosmopolitan gig back in the 1980s.

It was the article that featured a pic of her in a red leotard, all oiled up and greasy looking.

She was showing the article to Bethenny, and Bethenny didn't recognize her at first.

I couldn't find a Google image of it, though, dammit.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I had read that Bethenny was skipping doing press for the new season due to her divorce drama but hadn't heard about this until now. 

Sure sounds like Ramona. I didnt see a ton of media coverage on the season premiere. I wonder who ended up going?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But there's just something a bit off with doing it via text vs. going to a graveyard or something. 

I agree. A graveyard makes it very clear the person you're talking to is dead and gone --  they're literally six feet under you -- so a child in that situation gets the message that the person they're talking to is no longer around. 

Maybe it might be confusing to a child? 

I think Bryn was confused -- didn't she ask Bethenny if she thought Dennis had read Bryn's text? (That part of the conversation sped by at MACH 1).  If so, it's one thing to offer a generalized "They're watching over you & can hear you when you talk to them" (standard Catholic boiler-plate from my own childhood) but I don't think it's good for a child to be wondering if the dead can read a text message she sent to their old phone. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

Well, texting Dennis' old phone is a very temporary measure, because that number won't be in service forever.  Bryn should be old enough to understand the basic concept of death, but it could be that texting for a little bit (and this is less than a month after he died) will bring a sense of closure.  But they could both definitely do with some grief counseling!

• Love 4

I think Bryn is eight, not nine.  Didn't Bethenny have her in May 2010?  Which would have made her newly eight at the time this was filmed?  If the girl were indeed nine and she wasn't fully sure what death was, I would have questions about the way Bethenny and Jason were raising her.  

With regard to whether Bethenny ever threw anything in anyone's face, I was just responding to the OP's question as to whether Bethenny, in fact, has done that, and I thought it would be fun to name one example from each season she was on.  I never said Bethenny was wrong each and every time.  I never said there was no context to it.  I only gave examples where she threw things in other people's faces.  

I realized that I am not 100% sure what "throwing things in one's face" means, but if it means flaunting things, I agree that Bethenny isn't the worst about this, but she does the underhanded flaunt (close cousin to the humble brag).  During season nine, she was on WWHL and said that she was at a Hillary fundraiser and she wound up talking to Leonardo DiCaprio about real estate.  When one of the other Housewives was on WWHL--Ramona, I think--and said Bethenny had new money, Bethenny had to tweet in to the show that her "new money" certainly was enough to buy an "old farmhouse" in the Hamptons.  Who cares about either of the above examples?? It would be one thing if Bethenny was truly excited and overjoyed that she couldn't help but gush (think Tinsley) but she relates everything in such a sardonic and sourpuss way that I wonder why she even tells us this stuff at all.  

I think the worst example was what I had mentioned, which was the Mexican-themed finale that Bethenny was hosting where she was putting real diamonds in the piñata, and the rest of the cast was supposed to literally dive on the floor for tiny diamonds while Bethenny stood over them all cool, calm and collected.  If that's not throwing your wealth in someone else's face...I don't know what is.  

Other than the obvious, which is throwing her products in our face 24/7, that is.

I guess I also find a big fault of hers is to get close with someone (as close as she is capable of being with another person) and then push them away, and almost gaslight them, like, "we weren't close.  Close?  Who said close?  I met her twice.  She said she gave me a home?  What is she talking about; I have a home!" Which is, funnily enough, what she accused Kelly Bensimmone of doing.

I think Heather was right in that Bethenny is more of a know-it-all than a flaunter, but I don't think she's charming and I don't think she's relatable.  I have a feeling that she only "helped" Luann get back into rehab because Luann finally told Bethenny that Bethenny was right about the Tom situation, so now that Luann kissed the ring, Bethenny was ready to take her back under her wing (sort of like her attitude with Sonja and the cheater brand vs her attitude toward Sonja in more recent seasons).  I think Bethenny knew how this Luann thing was going to pan out, knew it was going to be very public, and she wanted to be at the helm because of her ego.

As far as Dorinda, I have much more of a live and let live philosophy than probably almost everyone out there in the population.  I am not going to tell someone that they need to stop drinking unless they come to me begging for help.  And I think that if I do tell someone to stop drinking, I have a responsibility to be there for them--even if it's at 3 am--and that I should do sober activities with them, so I can show them and not just tell them that life can be fun without alcohol.  Until I'm willing to do that (and I can count on one hand the people for whom I would do that IRL), I'm going to keep my trap shut. I didn't/don't see any of that support for Dorinda.  

Dorinda is an adult who has made it 50+ years on her own, and she needs to come to her own decisions.  If she was in my life, I would be there to wipe the lipstick off her face, put a band-aid on her hand when she stabs herself, listen to her, and when she inevitably turns on me, I'm probably going to refuse to be around her, but until I'm God, I'm not going to tell an adult how to live if they're not putting innocent people in danger.  I don't know where Luann got off accusing Dorinda of turning when Luann was drinking on the sneak, at a time when Luann couldn't drink openly because she was facing felony charges that related directly to her drinking (and she wasn't even good at hiding it.  I saw a video of her drinking alcohol at the time in question on a float in the San Fransisco Pride Parade). Yeah, to me, that is someone shooting heroin, and as they are extracting the needle from their vein, they chastise me for becoming a downer whenever I snort too much Oxy.  No fucking bueno, bitch.  That one comment from Luann got me to switch off of her side onto Dorinda's last year.  Never has one comment caused me to do a 180.  Luann had balls to say that, and the fact that saying it didn't come back to slap her in the face after her own behavior came to light and she's now doubling down on it is such bullshit.  

When Luann says she has 53 days "sober," did anyone else want to know what her definition of "sober" was?  I did not believe she was off alcohol last year, just by virtue of the way she was talking, and I'm not biting this year either.  I don't think for a second she's done with alcohol.  Are we supposed to believe that if Luann finds herself away from cameras, in Europe, perhaps, and the hype has died down about the lawsuit, that Luann is not going to have one or several glasses of wine at a cafe, to watch the sunset? There is nothing about her affect to display to me that she has parted ways with mind-altering substances until the end of her days.  Nothing.  

Even if these women are coming from a place of caring,  none of them are in a position to judge.  They have all exhibited signs of "problem drinking," except maybe Bethenny, although her drinking was somewhat questionable season one when she and Jason 1.0 were in a downslide and she required a lot of counseling and attention from Alex and Simon at their own anniversary party on that boat.  That wasn't fun Kyle Richards-style drunk either.  I think now that Bethenny has a liquor brand, she is much more discreet with her drinking on camera.  How she drinks off camera is anybody's guess.  

I was confused, because I thought Dorinda had already cleaned up her act for this season anyway.  She did not drink at all this episode.  Even when she was at the store with Tinsely, I noticed Tinsely had an alcoholic drink and Dorinda only had water.  I don't think she "got sober," as she took a shot off the shot ski on WWHL this past Wednesday night, but she seems to have gotten the help she personally needed without incurring a mugshot (see how it's done Luann?  Tinsley?  Sonja?).

I don't even know how I got here.  I always try not to be "Team" anyone, in the sense that I have blind loyalty to someone just cause I like or dislike them, especially when the one that was an asshole this week might save the episode next week.  If Dorinda gets obnoxiously drunk next week and Bethenny/Luann does something compassionate, I will 100% call it.  These people aren't my friends.  I don't have allegiances to them.  I just have strong opinions about what actually happened.  I hate revisionist history.  Bethenny used to be a gem.  She might have been my favorite Housewife ever in season three, but she has changed, and I'm going to call attention to it, just in the way I call attention to all of their faults, and I also like to give credit when I see growth I guess.

• Love 10

I think Bethenny is best in a crisis that doesn't revolve around Bethenny.  She was great in Cartagena on the boat (calm, comforted Carole when C was vomiting her guts out - at a time when they were already pretty broken up as friends) and in talking both Luann and Dorinda down, and horrible whenever she had to even come close to thinking about herself.  So I can see her being a good, level-headed judge who can see and tell it like it is, without too much emotion.  At her best, she can observe from the outside and then come up with either the underlying causes, or workable solutions.  It's just a real pity that she can't do that for herself, or regarding anything vaguely referencing Jason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
19 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I normally think it's gross to speculate, but I say from experience that I think Dorinda is taking Adderall and then drinking, and it's a horrible combo: Your rage moves faster than your thoughts, and you don't feel drunk so you are more likely to binge-drink. Then she wakes up feeling horrible about herself or she crashes.

"functioning in everyday life without a buzz. It's almost like she doesn't know quite how to handle emotions without a bit of alcohol to even her. She was tossing that salad forever - I was waiting for bits of lettuce to go flying out of the bowl - she got more nervous as Bethenny got more and more emotional." (KungFuBunny)

Bethenny's "Stop tossing the fucking salad!" cracked me up.

I still think Dorinda is on coke and liquor. She becomes extra paranoid and perceives slights even with just a look. She erupts like a volcano, then she crashes and looks like she is about to fall asleep standing up.

Bethenny told Luann the salad was already tossed when they first went into the kitchen. Then when B started with the I just had a moment and got more emotional, Luann was almost frantic and morphed into the Swedish Chef and grabbed those salad tongs. Then Bethenny with her own frenetic energy screams out what you said above had me cracking up too.

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 3/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

What is going on?  These outfits are bizarre. Did they go shopping at a mall from the ‘80s?

And Lu’s powder blue schmata with the huge statement choker. Oof.

And what’s with all these hats they are wearing even in the house cooking and eating.  I’m going to wear one tonight at the dinner table.

• LOL 7
On 3/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, Giselle said:

The thing I don't like about Dorinda is that I don't care how much you were there for a person, if you call yourself their friend and you publicly  throw their disgrace up in their face just to cut them to the core it negates anything nice you did for them before.

I can't believe the audacity  she has to expect an apology. 

Dorinda showed everybody who she is and especially the lows she'll go to when she's drunk just to win. Believe what she has shown you and beware.

Lu shouldn't forgive her and if she has to work with her keep it superficial. What you tell her she'll eventually use against you. 

I couldn’t have said it better.  All the truth.  I would not accept a favor from Dorinda if my life depended on it.  I would owe her my house, my husband, and my children.  And, I wouldn’t trust her with a ten foot pole.  Her crying doesn’t move me one bit.  She has been vicious too many times.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't think there was any harm or foul, either, but only after seeing how things played out.  I think that's why it's important to not do overtly sexual flirting in contexts that you aren't positive, based on experience with that person, it's welcome. 

In this situation, I think Ramona crossed the line, unless there was a super-fast back-and-forth progression that was edited out.  But I could be biased because I think her filthy flirting is gross and inappropriate. 

And I do question mentioning the guy's form fitting swim trunks.  If women can wear whatever they want and be immune from speculation on their willingness to accept advances, I think that should apply to men, too.

Of course in Ramona's case, she looks better the more clothes she has on, so maybe there's some sort of exemption.

Oh I agree what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't give a rats behind if a man or a woman wants to wear body conscious clothing.  Good for them! They wear it for a reason such as to feel good, for some to be admired, and for some to attract a potential mate and that's fine.  I also believe that within reason they shouldn't complain if others look, say something, respectfully approach them because they are attracted, or if they harmlessly flirt. People can give off mixed signals or read signals and situations wrongly. A degree of civility and respect can clarify the intent and wishes of both parties.

As far as the suit he wore it and it accentuated his physique,  Ramona enjoyed the view, and he wasn't bitching. It was harmless flirtation that I believe started when he kissed her hand.

If it was to be strictly business why didn't he just shake her hand.

Edited by Giselle
Added the word "started" for clarity.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

And what’s with all these hats they are wearing even in the house cooking and eating.  I’m going to wear one tonight at the dinner table.

Hats in the house were always  a big No No when I was growing up.   I still tell my sons to remove their baseball caps in the house.   Unfortunately, now that they're adults they don't always listen.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I think that's the part I have a bit of concern about. My oldest son is 10. I also have a 9yo and a 7yo. None of my kids have a phone; they won't be getting one until they're driving. However, once in awhile they will use my phone or my husband's to text the other parent while we're away. And we're right there when they're doing it. It's a situation where I may be texting my husband while he's at work and they ask if they can "talk" to dad. So I let them. I don't see an issue. 

However, I worry how healthy it is for EITHER of them to be sending texts to a dead man's phone. I've never lost anyone that close to me, so I do not want to judge. AT. ALL. But I will admit I wondered how you can move on when you're still trying to communicate the way you did when he was alive. He won't answer those texts. I mean, I don't know...maybe it's comforting to "talk" to him the way you used to? I definitely don't think you should stop talking to a loved one when they pass. My mom "talks" to her mom often. But there's just something a bit off with doing it via text vs. going to a graveyard or something. Maybe it might be confusing to a child? 

I have known relatives who left a dead person's message on the voicemail for years after their death because they liked to be able to call and hear the person talking.  It would drive me nuts at the time, because it's a bit disconcerting to try to call someone and then suddenly hear a dead person speaking to you, but, as time has gone on, I have realized that I've lost people I don't have any "sound" from, and it's a weird feeling when you realize you can't quite recall the way they spoke anymore.  People hold memorial masses for lost relatives, they do balloon releases or any number of other things to keep memories close and I don't see the harm in sending texts in the immediate aftermath.  Plenty of people left messages on my biofather's facebook wall.  He has been dead for quite a while now and some people still post on his birthday, Christmas, the anniversary of his death to update him on their lives wish him a good holiday/bday or let him know they miss him or love him.  For me, I don't see the purpose, but I get that it makes them feel better to "tell him" that their mutual friend died and now he's got someone to hang out with in heaven, etc.  So, whatever works.  

6 hours ago, snarts said:

I had read that Bethenny was skipping doing press for the new season due to her divorce drama but hadn't heard about this until now. 

Sure sounds like Ramona. I didnt see a ton of media coverage on the season premiere. I wonder who ended up going?

Is there even an actual product now? (NM, I just googled) She DOES have a product.  Funnily enough, the launch of it was just at the end of Feb.  For all the people who say Bethenny times stuff to the seasons of the show, it's just a crazy accident that Ramona dropped her skin care line a week before the show came back, right?  And is claiming that Dorinda and Sonja LOVE it.

5 hours ago, ancslove said:

Well, texting Dennis' old phone is a very temporary measure, because that number won't be in service forever.  Bryn should be old enough to understand the basic concept of death, but it could be that texting for a little bit (and this is less than a month after he died) will bring a sense of closure.  But they could both definitely do with some grief counseling!

I can't imagine that Bethenny didn't explain that he is dead and can't answer the message.  I'm sure she explained (much like any parent does when you take a child to a grave), that you can always talk to him, he's always with you, etc, but that he's not going to text back because that's not the way things work.  I hope they did both get counseling.  

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I realized that I am not 100% sure what "throwing things in one's face" means, but if it means flaunting things, I agree that Bethenny isn't the worst about this, but she does the underhanded flaunt (close cousin to the humble brag).  During season nine, she was on WWHL and said that she was at a Hillary fundraiser and she wound up talking to Leonardo DiCaprio about real estate.  When one of the other Housewives was on WWHL--Ramona, I think--and said Bethenny had new money, Bethenny had to tweet in to the show that her "new money" certainly was enough to buy an "old farmhouse" in the Hamptons.  Who cares about either of the above examples?? It would be one thing if Bethenny was truly excited and overjoyed that she couldn't help but gush (think Tinsley) but she relates everything in such a sardonic and sourpuss way that I wonder why she even tells us this stuff at all.  

For me, throwing something in someone's face is kind of like Luann and her whole attitude shift when she was with Tom.  For the year's after she split with the Count, she became Lu, real average girl.  She admitted her husband cheated on her, she became likable and dropped a lot of her snotty pretenses and she didn't swan around like she had a much higher status because she had a man and others didn't.  Then, as soon as she got a man, she was pretty much rubbing it into Ramona and Sonja's face, going on and on about how her life was so wonderful because she was in this relationship and they were just bitter old hags who were jealous.  Ramona couldn't manage to keep her husband without being cheated on, but look at Luann, she had a MAN and he loved her and her life was PERFECT!  That kind of thing.  I'm sure there's a better example, but that's the one that comes to mind with the show most readily.

• Love 8