Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Divided, They Summer

• Start Topic

(edited)

I fell asleep, so I need to watch it all the way through.  But, so far:

I had second hand embarrassment for Ramona during her flirting scenes.  Cringe-worthy and really not subtle.

I thought Lu looked very good with the white jeans/hat/Vespa scene, but she seemed almost manic in her movements with the gardening and Barbara.  And then basically blaming her kids for her relapse  Ugh.

Sonja with her asst serving her toast in bed and bitching about how long it was taking was funny - and duct taping big monogrammed towels over the windows?  Don't every change So.

ETA: Haven't missed Carol at all so far, and count me in on the 'leave me alone to grieve in private'. 

Edited by donovan
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Dorinda wasn't on the best terms with B at that time, and Ramona hasn't been good with her in awhile. So it would seem weirder to me if they were showing up with flowers and food and trying to be all chummy. 

Dorinda said that she initially didn’t really want anyone.  That the immediate thing is for your very close support and then she’ll reach out when she’s ready.  The people at Bethenny’s house are the friends that live in the hamptons (seen all the time on insta) who immediately went to her house.

I noticed that Bethenny gave the explanation of Barbara/Lu.  That they both live in the Hamptons and that’s were you get a lot of your friends.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, donovan said:

I had second hand embarrassment for Ramona during her flirting scenes.  Cringe-worthy and really not subtle.

I thought Lu looked very good with the white jeans/hat/Vespa scene, but she seemed almost manic in her movements with the gardening and Barbara.  And then basically blaming her kids for her relapse  Ugh.

Sonja with her asst serving her toast in bed and bitching about how long it was taking was funny - and duct taping big monogrammed towels over the windows?  Don't every change So.

ETA: Haven't missed Carol at all so far, and count me in on the 'leave me alone to grieve in private'. 

I was pretty sure Lu was going to go there but even I was shocked that she did it in the first third of the very first episode.

I mean, damn, countess pace yourself.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Dorinda said that she initially didn’t really want anyone.  That the immediate thing is for your very close support and then she’ll reach out when she’s ready.  The people at Bethenny’s house are the friends that live in the hamptons (seen all the time on insta) who immediately went to her house.

I noticed that Bethenny gave the explanation of Barbara/Lu.  That they both live in the Hamptons and that’s were you get a lot of your friends.

Yes. And given that Dorinda has suffered a similar loss, I would take my cues from her on how to respond. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Yay! A pretty much Uneventful episode yet it was far more entertaining than PuppyGate or Toxic Teresa!  I missed these bitches and even at their worst I still love them.  I love their messy casual schleppy clothes and minimal makeup (except for Tinsley who always has a full face). Barbara visually looks like she belongs to the Jersey cast, though.

Shall we dub the Lu/Do fight JovanniGate?

I had forgotten about Lu's kids suing her.  Ouch.  And double ouch for the spin on it Lu.  Not a good look.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Forensics.

#THIRSTY is when Bethenny's "friend" Gina Bradley is over her house to console her over the loss of Dennis, and just as Bethenny is crying about the texts Bryn sent, Bethenny knocked over your water bottle that says "Paddle Diva" (Gina Bradley's company) next to the Paddle Diva hat that has been placed in the shot. I mean? A water bottle. How literally #thirsty. Bethenny goes to straighten the water bottle (I mean it's not going to spill right, it's sealed? And the clang sounds empty anyway) and Gina reaches in there like it's her last oxygen to fix it to keep it in the shot.

Shameless. A man DIED. And Maty Buss the other friend described in a link I found as a "prolific" television producer -and Gina, Bethenny's friends are staging to get products placed. Cue don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry." 

Don’t forget the (predictable, but still) bottle of Skinnygirl Disgusting Rose placed label-out (no matter where the camera was positioned) during lunch. 

I kept looking at those rolls on the table during the lunch at Bethenny’s and drooling. I’m doing weight watchers and I’ve drastically cut back on the amount of bread I’ve been eating. Those little slider rolls/dinner rolls/Hawaiian rolls are my kryptonite.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

I kept looking at her nose. I don’t remember it looking like that. 

I thought her eyes looked really small and strange, particularly in the scene with Sonja at her apt. She must have had something done and maybe it wasn't totally settled?

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think so. I think grief is such a unique and personal thing. Everyone deals with death differently. Some people want to be surrounded by support. Some people want to be alone. Some people don't know what they want. And those who are on the outside often don't know the best way to be there for the grieving person. I say, as long as you reach out in SOME WAY, you're good. Let the person know you care. 

Dorinda wasn't on the best terms with B at that time, and Ramona hasn't been good with her in awhile. So it would seem weirder to me if they were showing up with flowers and food and trying to be all chummy. 

This makes sense with some people BUT, Bethany. If I was a little on the outs with Bethany at the time of a tragedy and  wanted to support her, I would actually respond outlining the specific points you listed and not leave my messaging up to her interpretation. Something like, "Bethany, I am speechless and almost clueless in how to assist you in this difficult time. Let me know if you would like me to come over and just sit with you." Then, I would follow that with a large bouquet and card. 

I also want to add, I do not like leaving it up to the grieving, sick or injured party to think of something for people to do for them. It can be overwhelming to have various people just saying "Let me know how to help". This is especially true for someone who might pride themselves on never asking for help or seeming needy. So, I tend to offer things I am willing to do on a menu and let them choose or just send something I know is of meaning to them. So, a text to someone close to me going through something will include offers like "Is it okay with you if pick your kid up for a movie to give you some alone time on Saturday at 2pm?"  or "Can I bring lunch on Sunday and clean your kitchen afterward?"  

Edited by red12
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, FancyNancy said:

I kept looking at her nose. I don’t remember it looking like that. 

I was staring at it too. Her nose is crooked and one nostril is bigger than the other. Something weird happened to her face during the off season. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5

Luann seems "off". I obviously can't say this with certainty but she didn't seem sober to me. Whether it's alcohol or something else. 

And Sonja never fails to embarrass. Black gaffers tape over those tired STAM towels. She sure knows how to make a dollar look like fifteen cents. 

And Barbara and Dolores are related, they just don't know it yet. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

I do not find Ramona's flirting harassment entertaining.  She is cringeworthy.  And she definitely had something done to her face.

Luann has quite the nerve trying to use her kids as an excuse for her relapse.  Two stints in rehab hasn't seemed to teach her much.

Sonja's still putting on her "lady of the manor" airs in her downsized new digs.  Monogrammed towels & duct tape must be the new bat signal for DTF.

I wonder what Dorinda will be like sober.  I wonder if she'll stay sober.

Bethenny is fragile and brittle.  Not looking forward to seeing the inevitable meltdown.

Tinsley is still shrill and shrieking - behind the wheel, no less.

• Love 22
(edited)

I laughed at the trio of Bethenny's 'friends' in the opening scene. Bethenny doesn't have friends, but rather associates. Associates  who eventually fade away after she's screamed at them, or iced them out of her life. 

Did Sonja finally sell Grey Gardens or did she find some sucker to rent it out to? I feel so sorry for Sonja's assistant. Sonja is bossy, and overshares. I mean, As an employee,  I'll put up the damn towels for you, but don't you dare discuss your sex life with me. 

Ramona and her pool noodle. lol .  Not much swimming actually happened there. I personally thought Boris was a dud, and not good looking at all. 

LuAnn has an uncanny ability to fake happiness. I almost wish I could do that sometimes. 

Bethenny is one bipolar rollercoaster. One minute she's crying, and the next she's talking about having an orgy. There is no middle ground with her.

Tinsley is developmentally delayed. She stopped developing mentally around age 16. Her high pitched squeals while driving would make me jump out of the car and hail down the nearest taxi. 

Barbara whatever her name is Carole's replacement. It's funny. I actually forget about Carole. Didn't miss her at all. 

"LIFE IS NOT A CABARET!". 

Bethenny, please don't tell that to Liza Minnelli. 😂

Edited by Barbara Please
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23

So Dorinda stood in the Bezerkshires all summer “just being me”.  What does that mean exactly?  Did she go into rehab for alcohol, like she should have?  She was brutal last season and not a nice person.  I’m surprised she came back.  I don’t miss Carole, and I wouldn’t miss Dorinda, but that’s just me.  Some like the both of them.  Dorinda has become a real mess.  Everyone has their favorites.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think it's mostly the eyelashes....the NJ housewives wear those super thick and long false eyelashes (with eyeliner to hide the lash track) that it makes their eyes look so dark and actually seems to weigh down their eyes.  There were several scenes this season where they weren't all made up, and they look so much younger and fresher (especially Melissa and Delores).

The NY housewives seem to wear more natural looking eyelashes (except at the reunions), so it makes their eyes appear larger and less closed in.  

And, I have to say - even though I think that a lot of them looked a little rough in the opening scenes tonight, the NY housewives to seem to have really good skin - they look younger than their NJ counterparts (who are mostly all younger in age than the NY ladies).

My husband was reading his paper when the Jersey girls were on.  When he saw Danielle, he got scared. Lol.  He said “WTF is that”?

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Don’t forget the (predictable, but still) bottle of Skinnygirl Disgusting Rose placed label-out (no matter where the camera was positioned) during lunch. 

I kept looking at those rolls on the table during the lunch at Bethenny’s and drooling. I’m doing weight watchers and I’ve drastically cut back on the amount of bread I’ve been eating. Those little slider rolls/dinner rolls/Hawaiian rolls are my kryptonite.

Also, the two bottles of  Skinny Girl salad dressing, placed so carefully, labels out, in front of the salad bowl when Bethenny was putting lunch out for her friends!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, donovan said:

BTW, where is Sonja getting her money from?  Did she sell the townhouse?  Is the show paying that much to live in the city?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Also, the two bottles of  Skinny Girl salad dressing, placed so carefully, labels out, in front of the salad bowl when Bethenny was putting lunch out for her friends!  

Oh shit!  Talking about rolls, I just bought nine sweet rolls to go with my coffee.  (and butter of course).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I am more bummed out about the Lu/Dorinda fallout than I was about Carole and B.

12 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Luann has said she and Bethenny will end up fighting a lot.   And it looks like Luann and Ramona end up on good terms.

I knew Lu and B wouldn't last, but it was great that B was there for her during Lu's time of crisis.

7 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I’d let Toonces the cat drive me before I’d get in a car with Tinsley behind the wheel.

A+ reference.

toonces+driving+cat.gif

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I'm sorry...I think Ramona's "flirting" borders on  sexual harassment. I thought she was out of line with the swimming instructor...he was trying to be professional but she kept making sexual innuendo and commentary that made me embarrassed for him. If this was reversed and it was a man doing this to her or any woman, she would be crying #MeToo. Her over the top come ons to people she employs are pathetic and cross boundaries...she knows better.

Her flirting is embarrassing and cringe-worthy, especially since the majority of the people we see subjected to it are in the service industry. 

I admit I always wanted to be that girl with 2 dates in 1 night - meeting Mr. X for drinks and Mr. Y for dinner.  Sounds exhausting though. With her subtle as a sledge hammer flirt game, do y'all believe Ramona dates as prodigiously as she claims?

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
(edited)
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bwahahaha!

Seriously temporary paper blinds from Home Depot, Lowes, Target - under 10 bucks

This is a rental, no way there weren’t blinds installed by the building.  Did she take them down?  Loved how she talked about “her” very expensive shades in the townhome, which were bought by hubby.  I expect she only had the towels over the top half so she could still give the neighbors a “view” of her ass.

33 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I noticed the salad dressing!  If this was really a simple meal for friends, why not use the stuff out of the fridge?  Or, let’s face it, she doesn’t eat her own products.

i usually love Lu, but she can stop with the “the kids, the kids,”. You had an obligation to them that you weren’t fulfilling.

i see Sonja did paint the apt, what a waste of money (or did the show pay?).  I know long term renters in NY do a lot of work to their apts, but Sonja at least doesn’t “think” this is long term.  Damn, my bedroom is larger than here.  Nice to have some outdoor space though.

Edited by Mrs peel
Typo
  • Love 4

I’ve passed Sonja’s new building thousands of times.  I actually like her place if not her improv blinds —  over 1300 sf with an elevator and attended lobby, in-unit laundry, 2 beds/2 baths, pet-friendly and close to the park, is great for a single woman and teen daughter and pup, and so much less stressful than her townhouse.  I detest Sonja’s high-handedness and snobbery but I’m genuinely happy for her.   I think she should work with trustworthy experts and sell her townhouse ASAP, and purchase a place with those stats.    That old home should be made into memories; the issue of renovations, debts, the parking garage —-  if she let it go she would be so much better off.  The house is an albatross.

Dorinda, damn, please see yourself clearly.  I’d say the same to Lu but she never will.

Ramona’s apartment looks so cold to me.   Sterile, both homes.  Lu’s Sag Harbor home is so lovely....a shame.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I wonder if Sonja brought that apt or is she renting? Spoiler alert: she did paint that apt pink y'all.

She's renting. I looked it up on streeteasy (i'm a real estate creeper) and it's listed as having rented for around 7k per month, though most new leases right now has a one or two free rent month concession since it's a down market. I think she was trying to rent her townhouse for 30k per month, but I'm guessing she actually got way lower than that.

I'm so glad this show is back on. I was trying to get into RHOBH, but it just doesn't have the same pull for me anymore. Unlike many I actually miss Carole, and I was doubtful I'd stick around without her, but I still love/hate most of these ol gals enough it would seem.

• Love 15

It was mentioned several times that Lu lived in the Hamptons so is she forgoing her usual rent an apartment in the city for filming nonsense? If so between that and her not being able to secure a mortgage for the other house I am wondering about the state of her finances.

• Love 5

The busiest thing about Sonja is her mouth - I hear talk about how she busy she is than ever see her actually look busy. Overall, I don’t mind Sonja but I don’t like seeing scenes with her ‘interns’ because it just reminds me that she’s taking advantage of people by promising them attributes for a resume but it’s really just an excuse to get people to do things for her without paying them appropriately for their services. And speaking of Sonja, I don’t know how she managed to stay so calm with Tinsley behind the wheel. Her lack of confidence was so troubling that I would never agree to sit in a car with her behind the wheel unless we were driving in rural streets where the only people we’re sharing the road with are tumbleweeds.

At the reunion, Dorinda said she hopes that she and Luann could find their friendship again and she wishes her well but she’s still talking about Luann behind her back. In fairness, Dorinda wasn’t lying about anything she said about Luann, and in fairness, Luann wasn’t lying either when she said that Dorinda doesn’t handle her alcohol well and no amount of denials will ever not make that the truth. That said, Dorinda bringing the Luann/Tom bag to Ramona’s home is just a level of petty that’s really nasty for someone who keeps talking about what a great friend they are. It was such an intentional thing that was intended to embarrass Luann even when she isn’t around.

Luann and Tinsley looked great this episode. Barbara looks like she’s down for confrontation so she may bring it this season. Also, Barbara’s voice kind of reminds me of Carol’s voice, lol. Is anyone surprised that Ramona was sharing second-hand information without confirming anything?  

This episode was quite tame but given the season preview, looks like it’s the relative calm before the storm (with all the tears, this reference seems even more appropriate).

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I went through a situation similar to Beth's. Had a boyfriend for 5 years that I could not commit to. He wanted to get married, I didn't. He then got sick, and I could not break up with him as it would look like I had done so because he was ill. I ended up moving 4 hours away for other reasons, but we stayed in touch. Two days before he was to come for the weekend he died suddenly. He had been such a wonderful boyfriend, and person, that I was devastated. Meanwhile, another long time friend had been asking me out but I kept saying no. Three months after my boyfriend/friend died, I went out with this long time friend. We have been together for 22 years now, married for 15. Sometimes a loss like that makes you realize that life is short, and it shocks you into doing something that you may have given a side eye if someone else had done the same. It doesn't mean that you don't continue to grieve for the person that is gone. 

Sorry...I don’t think Bethenny is as thoughtful as you were. She’s very poor at making relationships work. Dennis obviously had an opioid problem and she wasn’t aware of it? She’s very self involved and self absorbed. Bouncing back so quickly from a death of someone she was at one time contemplating marriage to a young guy was certainly surprising...in matter of a few months no less. She would certainly be the first one to criticize any of these other women if they had done the same. Sorry for your loss by the way...that must have been hard for you. 

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

It was mentioned several times that Lu lived in the Hamptons so is she forgoing her usual rent an apartment in the city for filming nonsense? If so between that and her not being able to secure a mortgage for the other house I am wondering about the state of her finances.

Wait, she couldn’t get a mortgage?   Between the show and apparent success of her cabaret stuff, that surprises me.

On Sonja, again: she is now right by a couple of excellent bakeries, exceptional restaurants, and a WF and Williams-Sonoma.  And Jazz at Lincoln Center!   Even if it’s a nondescript high-rise on the outside, Sonja can change her life in a deep and meaningful way if she explores a little.   I know she’s also a hop skip from Beautique... I’m just weirdly sentimental towards her now.  Indentured servant barfery aside, she is now in livable, optimal space, and if she isn’t self-aware*** she can feel lonely and unmoored as before, which would be such a waste because in the here and now of her move, Lady Morgan can have a fresh start for real.   It’s being handed to her given the show income and relative affordability of her new place even if she nets far less than she fantasized in renting out the townhouse.  Sell it Sonja!   Set yourself free for God’s sake!

*** (I know).

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Wait, she couldn’t get a mortgage?   Between the show and apparent success of her caberet stuff, that surprises me.

That’s what she said. She stated she found the house upstate that she wanted to buy, went to a bank but was denied financing and that’s why she tried to sell her Hamptons house which was then stopped by the kids and the count. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why does Sonja do such jankey things? Duct taping towels to the windows? What the what? Welcome to my meth lab apartment is what that screams 

To be fair, she told her assistant that the guy wouldn't hang blinds or curtains until the room was painted.  I guess I'm ok with that.

• Love 4