Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Sorry, Not Sorry

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, and Clint's "parents' house"? Is an AirBnB. I'll bet another week's pay on that one. 

I think we found out weeks ago that Clint's parents run a very successful restaurant. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, and Clint's "parents' house"? Is an AirBnB. I'll bet another week's pay on that one. 

I'm with you 100%.  We are the tidiest people on earth . . . and that house makes us look like slobs.  LOL.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I think we found out weeks ago that Clint's parents run a very successful restaurant. 

I think it was a grocery store in a small town.  Good money to be made in that racket.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

That may be, but I don't believe that's their house. It does not look lived in. Its not uncommon for people to not show their real homes on shows like this. 

• Love 2

@Drogo makes a good point about Sarah’s varying accent. I’ve lived in NJ my whole life, but my husband grew up 25 minutes away in a blue-collar, predominantly Italian-American community with the as-seen-on-TV-and-mobster-movies Jersey accent. I didn’t even know where these Jersey stereotypes came from until I met him and visited these Bergen-county towns for the first time. He does NOT talk like that at all—unless he’s had a couple of beers. I mean he doesn’t get all “Deese guys over heah? Fugghetabowtit!” But the Italian-American, working class, Jersey twang comes out. I can believe that Sarah grew up in an area where “street talk” was the norm, spoke like that to fit in, in high school. Realized adults in the real world need to sound a bit more polished and doesn’t talk like that anymore, but when she loses her goddamned mind, the “street talk” comes out in full force. It’s true that she doesn’t talk like that to Michael when they’re having a normal conversation, only when her anger is raging.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 9:52 AM, configdotsys said:

So Sarah found “some” information on Michael’s phone? Why would a parole officer get involved in the parolee's personal drama and pass that onto the wife? I find that very hard to believe. What if Sarah blew up at this info and killed Megan? How would it look at trial if it was said, “Well, the partner of my husband’s parole officer is a woman and she made him tell me things that they found on his phone because she though I should know?" I am just totally not buying that that happened. No way. No how.

Doesn't make sense to me either. So he has a tablet with no password on it? And all the times he's disappeared before, she never thought to look at it? But the PO's wife told her to look and presto bingo, there's the entire, undeleted texting history. How, Sway!?

On 3/2/2019 at 1:54 PM, heatherchandler said:

Oh have you seen his modeling picture???  Dayuuummmm!

D506AB02-0AC4-4976-AF88-EDC72F2E9CFA.jpeg

ewwww

On 3/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, psychoticstate said:

I missed that but what is the Becky reference?

I hate when ppl use that term. Or calling Black women Shaniqua! Ugh

On 3/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, Neurochick said:

Megan fat and ugly?  Okay.

Not ugly but fat, yes! You could see her figure really well when she was standing sideways (profile) in the bathroom, about to make her eyes "pop." She has front butt.

She has a pretty face and could be really beautiful but she has that old lady body. No reason for it. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:47 PM, Elizzikra said:

So I did some math. Michael said that he and Sarah had been involved for six years and he's 26. So he was 20 when they met and she was 18. Plus he was first locked up when he was 15. So when and how did they meet and when was the opportunity to create Pretty Girl if he was locked up since he was 15?

He wasn't in straight for 11 years! He just began his criminal career around then.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:59 AM, cooksdelight said:

It could be that she’s been around Michael and his family and picked up the accent. When I moved to Richmond from NC, after a year or so, I was pronouncing words differently. When you are around a dialect that is different from your own, you pick it up without realizing it.

No. It only comes out when Black ppl appear. The more dramatic the situation, the more street she tries to be.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, Cammi said:

I’m ethic (bi racial) and have ethnic friends at work that I notice speak differently around our Caucasian co-workers. Then when we are hanging out alone, their accent relaxes back to what I perceive as normal. It’s called “mirroring”. And when I was in sales, they trained us at seminars to do it. Mirroring is supposed to make the other person feel comfortable. And when you’re comfortable, you have an easier time trusting the other person. I’m southern, but not much of an accent, however if I was selling something to say an older, southern couple with a heavy accent, I’d adjust my accent and even speak with a slower cadence to match theirs. 

Doubt Sarah realizes she’s doing it? It does sound ridiculous. I’m sure she will be embarrassed after seeing herself on camera. I still catch myself doing it around my southern friends, even though I’ve never had much of a southern accent. It’s more midwestern. But I sometimes find myself picking up on it when I’m around them. Same with my co worker from Canada. Her “aboots” are infectious to me. I guess I just do it subconsciously now. 

OK, but she's not any part Black and there is no incentive for her to code switch as if her career would suffer.

This is just a common affectation by some White ppl who fetishize other ethnic groups.

5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Don't Cabbage Patch and Michael live together?  Didn't she wonder how he was getting to his PO that day if she knows he's not supposed to drive?  Didn't she wonder where he was (again)?  

Yes, she wonders. She blows up his phone whenever he leaves. She said she was calling him to remind him of the appt but he was not answering.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Affectation implies she's choosing to speak like that, so I'd disagree. Accents don't have to be regional, if that's how she and others spoke in the place where she grew up that's her original accent. 

Sarah wasn't talking like that when she was sitting at restaurant speaking calmly with Michael's mom or when she wasn't fighting with Michael.  She talks like that when she's losing her shit. 

She's trying to seem hard so he/they take her more seriously. 

• Love 4
On 3/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, Cammi said:

o I call BS on Lot Lizard Lizzie’s claims of 800k, even over 10 years. At least on her prison commissary. Unless they were sending it to her friend’s accounts? But with most prisons now, you have to be on an inmate’s visitation list in order to send money. Lying liars lie is my summation. 

I remember her saying that the $800k also paid off her fines and her restitution.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

I remember her saying that the $800k also paid off her fines and her restitution.

I think in one of the eight DUIs she hit a pedestrian.  She tried to downplay it by saying she ran over his foot.  So there may be some medical expenses she had to pay as part of the restitution.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, not you again said:

He was a beautiful man!  Flattering glasses, or contacts, would do him a world of good.  Those glasses frames are severe.

But here's what I suspect, based on absolutely nothing:  I wonder if he's had a religious conversion?  Now hear me out, because a person being religious and then giving themselves a dispensation for sex is as old as time.  The way he USED to look compared to now, with his strident speech, thinness perhaps from fasting, clothing choices, shaving his head? and the patriarchal jackassedness points to a recently converted zealot.  Maybe he thinks he's making atonement?  If so, either he was able to get it classified as "off limits" or it's something the production doesn't want to shed any light on.

But he cussed out Brittany and the camera crew like dogs when he found out Amanda had been in their hotel room and he knocked Brittany up within a month of meeting her and they weren't even engaged. 

You can clearly see he has male pattern baldness now so that's prbly why he shaves his head. I think he's just a jackass! But interesting theory.

I just don't get why someone like him would be trolling women's prisons looking for a wife. I mean, I think he's gross in his own way, but it's not like he's a Clint or Scott. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Spike said:

She tried to downplay it by saying she ran over his foot.

Perhaps she inspired the great song "Do You Know The Difference Between Big Wood and Brush" (perhaps slightly off-topic but worth a listen ... I think you can find it on YouTube) ...

Because, you know, just running over someone's foot isn't REALLY any big whoop. He's got another one. 

Re: Sarah's "blaccent" ... I find this conversation and theories about it to be really fascinating. I've long wondered how regional accents come about ... I mean, it's not genetic, right? So it must have something to do with the people you are surrounded by ... your family, your teachers, your friends? 

Trust me, the last thing I want to do is make any excuses for Cabbage Patch Sarah, who I cannot stand. But I could see why it could happen. 

My parents were odd exceptions which may be why I have virtually NO New York accent (at least I don't think I do). My mom grew up in the Bronx (around World War II) but had virtually NO "NY accent." Both of her parents were Russian-born (Ukraine now but they still called it Russian back then) and retained very strong Russian accents until they died in their late 80s. My dad grew up on Long Island and in NYC, Russian dad and mom who grew up in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., and also had zero accent (his dad died young so I have no idea if he still had an accent ... my grandmother definitely didn't). 

Sorry to babble ... I'm gonna miss these crazy folks on my screen after next week ... just discovered the show and love reading the posts here (how did I live before PTV/TWoP???) ... Special hugs to Drogo ❤️

• Love 6
2 hours ago, eatsleep said:

OK, but she's not any part Black and there is no incentive for her to code switch as if her career would suffer.

This is just a common affectation by some White ppl who fetishize other ethnic groups.

This right here.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

But he cussed out Brittany and the camera crew like dogs when he found out Amanda had been in their hotel room and he knocked Brittany up within a month of meeting her and they weren't even engaged. 

You can clearly see he has male pattern baldness now so that's prbly why he shaves his head. I think he's just a jackass! But interesting theory.

I just don't get why someone like him would be trolling women's prisons looking for a wife. I mean, I think he's gross in his own way, but it's not like he's a Clint or Scott. 

For a project? He wants to "guide" her. "mentor" her. "fix" her.  A woman coming out of prison would be dependent on him, and I don't doubt that Marcelino expects Brittany's gratitude. 

• Love 8

I call BS on Lot Lizard Lizzie’s claims of 800k, even over 10 years. At least on her prison commissary.

You can't buy heroin at the prison commissary. So Lizzie may be full of it, but she's not claiming that Scott put $90k in her commissary account. Both the money and the heroin go in and out of the prison via guards with a side business. She probably hooked Scott up directly with her supplier.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

For a project? He wants to "guide" her. "mentor" her. "fix" her.  A woman coming out of prison would be dependent on him, and I don't doubt that Marcelino expects Brittany's gratitude. 

I think Marcellino was raised in a patriarchal family where the man called all the shots.  So he views that as the ideal.  I also think he has a fantasy that he will rescue a female inmate from squalor a la Eliza Doolittle.  If he wasn’t such a tool he would be a good catch.  He is fit and reasonably handsome, and looks young for his age.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

You can't buy heroin at the prison commissary. So Lizzie may be full of it, but she's not claiming that Scott put $90k in her commissary account. Both the money and the heroin go in and out of the prison via guards with a side business. She probably hooked Scott up directly with her supplier.

You’re suggesting Scott was Lizzie’s “outside man”? Cuz that’s 7 to 10, and frankly I don’t see him hustling for her. Not that he wouldn’t do it if she asked, just dont think he has it in him to delve into that life. 

At visitation once I saw a girl get caught smuggling in K2 Spice (you can still pass a drug test with it Im told) and she was taken straight to jail and I think she’s facing at least 5. Maybe he did have a part on the outside though, but he needs to be waaaay more careful talking about giving her large sums of money. My guess is what someone upthread said that a lot of it went to restitution or lawyers. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Cammi said:

You’re suggesting Scott was Lizzie’s “outside man”? Cuz that’s 7 to 10, and frankly I don’t see him hustling for her. Not that he wouldn’t do it if she asked, just dont think he has it in him to delve into that life. 

At visitation once I saw a girl get caught smuggling in K2 Spice (you can still pass a drug test with it Im told) and she was taken straight to jail and I think she’s facing at least 5. Maybe he did have a part on the outside though, but he needs to be waaaay more careful talking about giving her large sums of money. My guess is what someone upthread said that a lot of it went to restitution or lawyers. 

Something seems peculiar about how they both openly speak about breaking the law in prison and there doesn't seem to be any repercussion. Scott admitted to helping Lizard purchase heroin WHILE she was in prison and he was not investigated or charged at all? I suspect it's all part of the script. I don't see how doing something illegal, especially as severe as that, and then broadcasting it to the world goes unnoticed by the law.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Sad sack Scott may need three square meals and a cot soon as he is penniless.  So getting busted might improve his living standards.

I have been meaning to ask this here, but keep forgetting. Scott mentioned how he is taking out "all these loans" for Lizard -  for the car, money for the hotel too,  I imagine, What kind of bank loans money to an unemployed person? I wonder if he took out a second mortgage on his house. Which brings to the mind the question: how the hell is he paying for the (first and/or potential second) mortgage without income?

He used to be a truck driver, so while he might have made decent money, not likely that he made enough to retire already (which he confirmed by always talking about being broke). Too many questions....

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I have been meaning to ask this here, but keep forgetting. Scott mentioned how he is taking out "all these loans" for Lizard -  for the car, money for the hotel too,  I imagine, What kind of bank loans money to an unemployed person? I wonder if he took out a second mortgage on his house. Which brings to the mind the question: how the hell is he paying for the (first and/or potential second) mortgage without income?

He used to be a truck driver, so while he might have made decent money, not likely that he made enough to retire already (which he confirmed by always talking about being broke). Too many questions....

If he has a home equity loan he could get foreclosed on if he doesn’t make payments.  And his son will then have to find his own shelter.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:28 AM, Spike said:

She could be charged with filing a false police report if she lent it to him and reported it out of spite.

I don't know this for sure but I've heard from multiple sources that the car Matt was arrested for being in possession of was NOT Caitlyn's.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That may be, but I don't believe that's their house. It does not look lived in. Its not uncommon for people to not show their real homes on shows like this. 

I keep very little out/around - it's just the way I keep my house.  I like things put away, clean/clear surfaces, not a lot of knick knacks etc  My kids friends call our house 'hotel house'...LOL!  So that house looks perfectly fine/normal to me, whether it's their house, or not.

To each their own...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Re: Sarah's "blaccent" ... I find this conversation and theories about it to be really fascinating. I've long wondered how regional accents come about ... I mean, it's not genetic, right? So it must have something to do with the people you are surrounded by ... your family, your teachers, your friends? 

I think it's almost entirely the people you are surrounded by and time. My mom grew up in the south. All of the relatives on her side of the family have a heavy southern accent. She has lived "up north" since she was 19. She has no accent at all though you can hear it on some words when she spends a couple days visiting "home." 

Scott mentioned how he is taking out "all these loans" for Lizard -  for the car, money for the hotel too,  I imagine, What kind of bank loans money to an unemployed person?

I imagine at least some of the money came from family and friends. He also said something to his son about selling "some of the cars." If he lived fairly frugally (and he doesn't seem to have expensive tastes except for dating con artist women) and was a steadily working long haul truck driver, he could have socked away a pretty tidy sum.

Something seems peculiar about how they both openly speak about breaking the law in prison and there doesn't seem to be any repercussion. 

No proof. People can say anything they want but if there's no evidence of a crime, there's no way to prosecute. Since the criminal activity they have admitted to is drugs, the evidence has long since been snorted, smoked, swallowed or shot up. 

• Love 4

I wish there was some point in this show when Lizzie or someone else explained how all this money thing works in prison. People are allowed to send money orders into your commissary account. I get that but have read and heard that an inmate who is receiving a lot of money into their account immediately gets attention and are on the radar as possibly dealing in something.

Inmates can go to the "store" once a week and spend a max of $60 on honey buns, Little Debbies, liquid cheese (gross), soap and other things. The inmate economy runs on this commissary stuff with prisoners trading items for other stuff: You give me a 20 ounce bottle of Pepsi and next week I'll give you two back, or 25 honeybuns = 1 cigarette, you fix my broken headphones and I'll give you several sodas and soups, etc. Since the prisoners have no access to cash, how exactly does Lizzie pay for heroin and cell phones? Someone on the outside has to be giving cash to the people sending in the contraband, no? 

If Scott was putting tons of cash into her commissary account, how was she able to spend it when they are limited to $60 a week in the store and have no other way to access the money in that account?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Doesn't make sense to me either. So he has a tablet with no password on it? And all the times he's disappeared before, she never thought to look at it? But the PO's wife told her to look and presto bingo, there's the entire, undeleted texting history. How, Sway!?

Was it the female partner of the PO or his wife that told her? Either way, Sarah isn't the sharpest tool in the shed so I can see her being dumb enough to never look.   

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe he took the tablet with him when he was away?

Though I think Michael wouldn't care if she found out. It saves him the trouble of having to tell her himself or make any sort of decision about whether to leave her or leave MQM. Plus I think he likes the drama of having multiple women fighting over him.

Was it the female partner of the PO or his wife that told her? Either way, Sarah isn't the sharpest tool in the shed so I can see her being dumb enough to never look.   

I think the PO told her. I thought she said that she thought the female partner talked him into telling her but it was the PO himself who filled her in.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 3
On 3/2/2019 at 11:07 AM, sconstant said:

I did not understand the description of where the magic phone hiding spot is.  That's ok with me, really, no one needs to step up and explain it.

That was a head scratcher for sure.

I'm assuming she must be sporting a pretty large pannus and tucked the phone(s) under it.  

I don't have a pannus, but I do have large boobs and used to smuggle contraband beverages into concerts and other venues where the cost of drinks was ridiculous; I'd just stick the cans in my bra under my boob.  It's an area that isn't searched by security.  

I can't believe this week is the finale.  I haven't had this much fun watching a train wreck since the early seasons of VPR.  

Maybe WeTV could do a spin off where the Goddess is transferred to a different facility every week and Clint has to travel to find her...

Or a spin off where Clint has to travel around looking for that elusive rental car.  

Of course, I also wanted a spin off from 90DF where Mo didn't get deported, but his punishment was to have to elude Danielle and her sleuthing skills to stay in the country.  

I think I have too much time on my hands.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Maybe the tricks were making direct payments to the attorney on her behalf. 

Scott met with her attorney and got a quote of $12k for her drugs and cell phone charges. She had fees and restitution and lots of other things to be paid for outside of prison. Prepaid phone cards are another thing. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, Drogo said:

She just stood outside the funeral home, stewing under a large Jesus Saves sign. 

So I took one for the team and rewatched.  First Caitlin walked out of the room because Matt said it was bullshit that he never does anything she asks and doesn't support her. Then she started yelling from the doorway that he never does what she asks and hasn't for months, and he walked outside and came back (after a few minutes according to Coretta.) He sat down and Caitlin immediately left the room.  He told Coretta he got out of prison and everything changed, and Caitlin yelled that he hadn't made any changes. He said he made a big change for her and she should pipe down and stop yelling over the barrier, and she stormed out and stood outside. Matt walked out and seemingly past her, and left. 

I have other issues with Caitlin's account of her relationship with her mom...

1, she acted like the two were estranged and didn't have a relationship when they met at the restaurant a few episodes ago- yet she was living with her mom before Matt left prison.

2, she said her mom kicked her out over Matt but pretty sure in E1 Caitlin moved out voluntarily because her formerly drug-addicted mom didn't want chronically drug-addicted Matt moving in with them. 

Well, then sit next to me, Drogo.

I told Mini Persnickety several episodes back that I'd love to hear mom's version of events.  

Interesting that Caitlin apparently isn't even raising her own kid but wants to cry foul about what a poor/absent parent her mother was.

I cannot stand Matt, but I'm not taking anything Caitlin says at face value.

I thought she was a nasty nagging shrew in the funeral home.  I didn't blame Matt for walking out.  

She's dealing with an emotionally stunted man-boy who has very limited coping skills.  She should have been prepared for the challenges of that when she first decided to make contact with him.  I think she's quickly figuring out controlling Matt while he was inside was a lot easier than trying to control him on the outside.  

I still think they deserve each other.  I think they're both nasty pieces of work.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

You're in luck- unlike Caitlin or Matt, I have the ability to sit next to someone for longer than 20 seconds.  Also I have coffee.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Though I think Michael wouldn't care if she found out. It saves him the trouble of having to tell her himself or make any sort of decision about whether to leave her or leave MQM. Plus I think he likes the drama of having multiple women fighting over him.

I agree and I wonder if Mikey has ever thought long term to some dude treating HIS daughter like that.  

24 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Interesting that Caitlin apparently isn't even raising her own kid but wants to cry foul about what a poor/absent parent her mother was.

I agree on the "Where is your son" storyline - you don't get to whine that you have no family when you have a, you know....kid?

• Love 6
On 3/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, Cammi said:

I’m ethic (bi racial) and have ethnic friends at work that I notice speak differently around our Caucasian co-workers. Then when we are hanging out alone, their accent relaxes back to what I perceive as normal. It’s called “mirroring”. And when I was in sales, they trained us at seminars to do it. Mirroring is supposed to make the other person feel comfortable. And when you’re comfortable, you have an easier time trusting the other person. I’m southern, but not much of an accent, however if I was selling something to say an older, southern couple with a heavy accent, I’d adjust my accent and even speak with a slower cadence to match theirs. 

Doubt Sarah realizes she’s doing it? It does sound ridiculous. I’m sure she will be embarrassed after seeing herself on camera. I still catch myself doing it around my southern friends, even though I’ve never had much of a southern accent. It’s more midwestern. But I sometimes find myself picking up on it when I’m around them. Same with my co worker from Canada. Her “aboots” are infectious to me. I guess I just do it subconsciously now. 

I think it's just offensive.  Her voice completely changes when she is around black people, and that's before the people she's around have even spoken.   I'd be offended if someone spoke in a blaccent around me, and just assumed that was the way I spoke because I'm black.  Ignorant.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Her voice completely changes when she is around black people

It doesn't, though.  She doesn't speak like that unless she's angry. 

Or maybe I'm misremembering.  What scene/s does she use that voice while not fighting with Michael?

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

But remember, at this point, he's only been in Wisconsin for one week. He may still be employed...maybe just changed hubs or is starting with a different company. Maybe he is an owner-operator and owns his own business.

14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

No proof. People can say anything they want but if there's no evidence of a crime, there's no way to prosecute. Since the criminal activity they have admitted to is drugs, the evidence has long since been snorted, smoked, swallowed or shot up. 

IDK about that. Isn't that how both Joe Guidice and Teresa Guidice (from Real Housewives of New Jersey) got indicted and prosecuted and sent to prison? Just talking too much on their show? It sounded some alarms and an investigation was started.

4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I wish there was some point in this show when Lizzie or someone else explained how all this money thing works in prison. People are allowed to send money orders into your commissary account.

If Scott was putting tons of cash into her commissary account, how was she able to spend it when they are limited to $60 a week in the store and have no other way to access the money in that account?

Clearly he wasn't sending the money she used for drugs and phones to her commissary account. More likely, he was bringing her cash and contraband to trade.

2 hours ago, usernameG said:

Would that matter? Is it more or less the same? Just trying to understand the significance of saying partner over wife. Th PO is cheating also? Not sure what you mean LOL

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe he took the tablet with him when he was away?

Sure. But if he is disappearing, she would still be suspicious even once he returns. There have to be times when he's asleep or away from his tablet when she could look if she was suspicious.

1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

That was a head scratcher for sure.

I'm assuming she must be sporting a pretty large pannus and tucked the phone(s) under it. 

In Season 1 we saw quite a bit of Lizzie in her prison boudoir photos. It was clear she's been pregnant but I wouldn't call what she has a "pannus" by any means. More like a small "pouch" (also sometimes mislabeled "pooch" by some ppl LOL).  Maybe she had really small phones. 

I assumed she meant she would just put the phone in the front of her panties.

36 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think it's just offensive.  Her voice completely changes when she is around black people, and that's before the people she's around have even spoken.   I'd be offended if someone spoke in a blaccent around me, and just assumed that was the way I spoke because I'm black.  Ignorant.

Right. Could you imagine dating an Asian guy and every time he or his family came within 500 feet of you, you'd bust into your best Fu Manchu routine?? 

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Drogo said:

It doesn't, though.  She doesn't speak like that unless she's angry. 

Or maybe I'm misremembering.  What scene/s does she use that voice while not fighting with Michael?

I can't recall all of them but one that immediately comes to mind is when she hides Michael behind the bushes so he can jump out and surprise Pretty Girl. And then Pretty Girl is scared and rejects him. And she is trying to coax Pretty Girl back over to him and the blaccent is more subtle but definitely there. But like I said, the more intense the situation with Black ppl present, the more she affects the blaccent. 

This is not some odd, isolated behavior. Lots of White nonthug women who date Black thug men do this. It's a thing. 

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I don't see how doing something illegal, especially as severe as that, and then broadcasting it to the world goes unnoticed by the law.

But see... that was then. And this is now and Lizzie has been Born Again! Why, she even got her virginity back!! So all this so-called criminality doesn't count because she is a changed woman. And those mean ol' police surely wouldn't go after someone who has been so completely reformed.

Also, I did not look down when I wrote that, Lizzie.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I realize we’ve discussed Sarah’s “accent” up, down, and all around. 

But I need to say that I think 100% she makes a conscious decision when to use it or not-and she only chooses to use it with her little husband Michael. 

Sarah has been upset, mad, and crying when she speaks to Emmy about the sitch. Never came out during these times as far as I can remember. She has a fetish with black people and she tries to blend in or be more accepted by adopting that manner of speaking. She just looks and sounds like a fool and a wannabe thug. 

And I’m sure as shit she’s going to bust it out during her conversation with MMQ. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

And I’m sure as shit she’s going to bust it out during her conversation with MMQ. 

Which would be extra odd because Megan doesn’t speak like that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

IDK about that. Isn't that how both Joe Guidice and Teresa Guidice (from Real Housewives of New Jersey) got indicted and prosecuted and sent to prison? Just talking too much on their show? It sounded some alarms and an investigation was started.

I don't watch that but while talking on tv can trigger an investigation, it's not proof in and of itself. Weren't the Giudice's convicted of financial crimes? In that case, an investigation would uncover bank records, records of financial transactions, tax documents, etc. If there was an investigation of Lizzie's drug use, there are no drugs left to be found. No evidence.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I told Mini Persnickety several episodes back that I'd love to hear mom's version of events.  

I thought she was a nasty nagging shrew in the funeral home.  I didn't blame Matt for walking out.  

She's dealing with an emotionally stunted man-boy who has very limited coping skills.  She should have been prepared for the challenges of that when she first decided to make contact with him.  I think she's quickly figuring out controlling Matt while he was inside was a lot easier than trying to control him on the outside.  

I still think they deserve each other.  I think they're both nasty pieces of work.

Yes!!  Reading the comments here last week I thought I must have been the one lone person who thought that about the scene at the funeral home.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, wovenloaf said:

Yes!!  Reading the comments here last week I thought I must have been the one lone person who thought that about the scene at the funeral home.  

Also a funeral home is one of the last places you should be shouting.  Show a little class.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Spike said:

That trio is extra odd.

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Show a little class.

This bunch?  Good luck with that!!

45 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Yes, and I will be waiting, popcorn and soda on hand.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Would that matter? Is it more or less the same? Just trying to understand the significance of saying partner over wife. Th PO is cheating also? Not sure what you mean LOL

I thought she meant partner as in they work together. Like a team of POs? Or one is a veteran and the other is training/tagging along for experience. I didn't get the impression she was implying a romantic relationship, rather that the woman was more understanding of her situation and convinced the man to tell everything that was going on. Plus, I doubt Sarah would use the term "partner" when she could use "girlfriend" or possibly "wifey."

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Show a little class.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This bunch?  Good luck with that!!

Whoa whoa whoa...

This cast has a lot of class. 

(Unfortunately it's all low.)

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Spike said:

Sarah first used the accent on the show on Michael's release day.  She used it with him and his family.  Yes, they were eventually fighting (because when aren't they?), but the accent appeared before then.  She made it stronger when fighting.  She seems to think it makes her seem tougher. As has been pointed out, she does not always use it when angry and upset.  She uses it around Michael.  

She also used it with Michael and Pretty Girl in the what the hell are you thinking?/daddy's hiding in the bushes scene. (You know, because you want to teach your daughter than men hiding in bushes is a good thing.)

Neither Michael nor the members of his family that we have met have similar accents.  No one else on the show speaks this way.  Sarah's accent is an exaggeration of how black people in the US supposedly talk; it seems to have no connection to reality. To my mind it is racist and offensive.  As we've seen, Michael has a hard time enunciating at all and/or pronouncing his own name. That would take more energy than he seems to be able to muster at any given time. I am pretty sure Murgh called her from jail.  I would also accept Mugh, Mwargh and Maaah but I certainly did not hear Mike.  YMMV.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 16