Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Reptilian Brain

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm looking forward to FI bringing Katie to tears next week. She has become unbearable. Does she think she's so together because she gave Shwartz an ultimatum and he put a ring on it? Shwartz is great looking but he is no prize by any stretch. 

I liked the Stassi, Beau and mom scene. And I couldn't stop staring at the mountains in the background at the restaurant. Damn, Cali is beautiful! 

I think FI and Ariana are perfectly happy together in real life. This whole not getting married, not wanting babies thing is for the show.

Kristin needs serious therapy. She's afraid to be alone. And she right, she's getting older now. Time to get it together. 

I agree. I also think Lala is also to a certain extent just trying to make good TV.

I am absofuckinglutely looking forward to Tom's confrontation with Katie. She is in desperate need of being toppled.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

I really missed the pop-up video version of this episode this week.  I'd rather watch that than "Summer House."  

No joke. That show is Bor. Ing. No number of magnums of Whispering Angel could convince me to start watching that snoozefest again.

I just can’t make the math work on Sandoval and Ariana’s baby conversation. It seemed far more about “being progressive” than about the reality of raising a kid, especially for Ariana. “You can be as involved as you want” doesn’t seem especially practical—Say they stay together, but Sandoval adopts kids, and Ariana votes for zero involvement. Is he going to keep them in a soundproof room, totally out of her sight? Maybe build them an in-law unit? As much as FI could be a good dad and is enthusiastic about that—even as a single dad, and as much as Ariana is well within her rights to say hey, I don’t want kids EVER—and don’t try to convince me otherwise, I’m *shudder* with Jax...unless this is all for show, they should probably cut their losses and move on from one another. Theory is one thing but the practicalities of life are another. 

• Love 17

Oy.  That outfit Katie was wearing on WWHL was dreadful.  And sadly I think she’s gained weight.  I feel for her with the weight, but it doesn’t appear that she’s doing anything to lose it.  I’m on my own weight loss journey and it took one picture to show me that a change needed to happen (maybe I’ll send her a referral for Orange Theory).  She’s a beautiful girl,  but she doesn’t want it to get out of control.

I didn’t like Stassi’s outfit either, but she is a gorgeous girl.  The boyfriend is good for her.  He is completely smitten and I’m predicting an engagement this year.  That may require a spin-off.  Holy shit Stassi will give new meaning to “bridezilla”.

• Love 5
(edited)

SHUT UP KATIE!

Cant wait for Sandoval to make her cry next week! Someone needs to knock that bish down several pegs.  So very smug up on her couch perch under her Bubba sign.  

Kristen was right she was very supportive to Katie during the long tense period while Katie arm wrestled Schwartz into submission like a reluctant baby alligator.

Ariana and Tom baby drama seems pure storyline to me.  She looks great in the talking heads with the red knit halter dress, love the short hair.  

Why is Lisa acting so shady about the term sheet contract thingy. It's not a good look, successful business mogul Lisa Vanderpump. God forbid the guys get legal advice, they should just be licking your boots right? 

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Lala makes it clear that, she, as a budding actress, will do anything to be successful- including sexual favors for “Myman Rand” and humiliating herself on Vanderpump Rules. Anything outrageous she says or does will later be attributed to playing a character to attract attention. 

Ariana is full of crap. 

Katie has become so unlikeable. 

• Love 9
(edited)

If you haven't watched the After Show, you need to cause they all put LVP on blast about her refusal to give the Toms a contract and how they had to pester Lisa for a year for a term sheet.

This circles back around to my irritation about LVP chiding the guys about a cocktail list.

Though it's done in her sort of slightly timid shaky voice style, Raquel gives an interview about Lala being a golddigger and the hypocrisy of the others for being suddenly cool with Lala now that they are beneficiaries of her largesse.

The whole thing is worth a watch.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm looking forward to FI bringing Katie to tears next week. She has become unbearable. Does she think she's so together because she gave Shwartz an ultimatum and he put a ring on it? Shwartz is great looking but he is no prize by any stretch. 

I agree that Katie has been pretty bad lately - but it still won't make me happy because what Sandoval is arguing, that it's Katie's fault James got fired, is just wrong. Yes Katie made a complaint about it (as did Brittany which no one seems to remember), but that was completely, 100%, her right.

Sandoval has always excused James' bad, misogynistic behavior (mostly because Sandoval is that too, he's just better at masking it most of the time) so I can't be on his side in this situation even as much as I think Katie has been a pill for a lot of the season.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Why is Lisa acting so shady about the term sheet contract thingy. It's not a good look, successful business mogul Lisa Vanderpump. God forbid the guys get legal advice, they should just be licking your boots right? 

It's very annoying. She didn't even want to do one in the first place. She's all, "I prefer not to have terms in writing." Dafauq??? Who does business that way??? But then they want to actually take their time to look it over and she seems to be rushing them. Very shady, indeed. 

1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

I agree that Katie has been pretty bad lately - but it still won't make me happy because what Sandoval is arguing, that it's Katie's fault James got fired, is just wrong. Yes Katie made a complaint about it (as did Brittany which no one seems to remember), but that was completely, 100%, her right.

Sandoval has always excused James' bad, misogynistic behavior (mostly because Sandoval is that too, he's just better at masking it most of the time) so I can't be on his side in this situation even as much as I think Katie has been a pill for a lot of the season.

I'm with you. I actually was really enjoying Katie for a few seasons. She seemed to have mellowed and often came off as very reasonable and fair. I'm not sure what's happened with her this year, but she's starting to disappoint me with her superior attitude. 

That being said, I have no empathy for James in regards to losing his job. It's not solely Katie that he has had an issue with there. He just made inappropriate sexual comments about Brittany/Jax/Faith during work hours at the beginning of the season. He is a repeat offender; who, also, refuses to lay off the booze - even though LVP has mandated that before. Katie just happened to be the one to speak up. But to put his firing entirely on her is ridiculous, IMO. 

• Love 16

I'm no fan of Katie's, to be sure, but she was absolutely right to complain about James' comments regarding her weight/appearance. James has been given chance after chance by Lisa, Tom, Lala, Raquel, etc. and, each time, he's proven himself to be an even bigger asshole than previously believed. In the real world, James' ass would have been out on the street and his boss wouldn't have thought about it twice. 

My boyfriend and I are very much pro-Ariana. She's intelligent, fairly well-spoken and seemingly more self-aware than a majority of the rest of the cast. I love that she's not interested in having children and is confident enough to voice that. I also love that she appears to love Sandoval but that her entire being doesn't revolve around him.

Is Scheana still even on this show? She showed up to Kristen's "relationship workshop" but was barely seen. 

• Love 7
(edited)

James finds out Lala split up with Myman and first thing out of his mouth is that he was a fat old man. None of his apologies are sincere and Katie nailed it when she talked Lala out of going to the studio after his fake apology.

Sandoval and his buddy James are both tools.

No Billie again. Yay!

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 14

Ariana should be talking to Jax about him wanting kids and how she’s concerned about that lol. He’s totally going to be the guy to cheat on Brittany while she’s pregnant and has gained weight. He keeps saying how much he’s changed but he won’t even talk about the cheating which I think is s huge red flag. I’m over his judgyness this season.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That being said, I have no empathy for James in regards to losing his job. It's not solely Katie that he has had an issue with there. He just made inappropriate sexual comments about Brittany/Jax/Faith during work hours at the beginning of the season. He is a repeat offender; who, also, refuses to lay off the booze - even though LVP has mandated that before. Katie just happened to be the one to speak up. But to put his firing entirely on her is ridiculous, IMO. 

Oh yeah, I'm right there with you. I can't help but feel affection for James the big dummy, but Katie isn't to blame for him losing his job. There are more than enough things she's doing this year to get on my nerves without that though, specifically her dealings with her friends and her completely inexplicable smugness. She knows she badgered and cornered Schwartz of all people into marrying her, right? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

James finds out Lala split up with Myman and first thing out of his mouth is that he was a fat old man. None of his apologies are sincere and Katie nailed it when she talked Lala out of going to the studio after his fake apology.

That reminds me I laughed out loud when James referred to Randall as "78 years old".  Yes I'm real mature.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Is the Ariana/Schwarz thing just for storyline? Because Ariana has said numerous times on camera to many different people including Tom that she doesn't want to have kids yet when he brings it up on camera, he acts like it's a conversation they've never had and he's afraid to bring it up. Also, why is Jax having a conversation with Ariana about her future with Sandoval after he was told to basically stay out of their relationship?

The more Lala talks, the more I'm convinced that Randall is her meal ticket and while there may be something genuine there that is enough to keep her around but nothing really substantial. What I thought funny was this notion that 'as long as it doesn't happen again, we're fine'. When behaviour is a character issue, you can avoid repeating the exact same situation but the underlying behaviour patterns will reveal itself in different kinds of ways and situations and just because they're not all the same doesn't mean that there isn't an issue there. Also, your gucci slides are ugly...stop fucking talking about them.

Kristen needs therapy and yeah, her situation is fucked up...she's seemingly decided that she's going to have to make it work with Carter because she thinks she's too old to start over. Kristen, if you know who you are as a person and what you want, you don't technically have to spend years in a relationship with someone before getting married. But also, Katie doesn't have much of a leg to stand on with her lecturing ass considering what we've seen her put up with not that long ago. I mean, the woman was days away from her damn wedding and still had concerns about Schwartz and it wasn't that long ago that everyone was criticizing her staying with Schwartz and their relationship and she said 'well be happy that it isn't your relationship' so please miss me with that bullshit. She acts like she has everything figured out and that gives her permission to act judgmental towards other people. While Carter seems like a total wasteman, Kristen's lack of fulfillment is because she's constantly looking to others to fill voids rather than learn how to simply love and live with just herself. She gets into fights with friends when she talks about Carter...but I also believe Carter when he says that they often fight because of things that Katie and Stassi say to her about her relationship...more than anything, that's Kristen's fault. Venting all of her your issues and just wanting people to say 'hey, it's going to just work itself out' isn't a real solution and doesn't actually fix anything.

Beau's mother seems lovely and her meeting with Stassi seemed so sweet and genuine.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Though it's done in her sort of slightly timid shaky voice style, Raquel gives an interview about Lala being a golddigger and the hypocrisy of the others for being suddenly cool with Lala now that they are beneficiaries of her largesse.

You know, "forgotten" might be the wrong word, but until this comment I had at least put it out of my mind, the things the hens would say to and about LaLa when they hated her. Now I'm shocked about it. It's pretty incredible how much their attitudes have changed. I'm pretty sure Katie led the charge on that hatefest too.

Which brings me to Katie - I've thought she was the worst for a long time. I'm glad it seems to be working out for them but to me it even seemed like she bullied Tom into marriage at the time. She always has to have a focus for her hatefire.

And I want to weigh in on "reptilian brain" from a biology standpoint. It's got it's own thing in the soft sciences, but the "reptilian brain" comes from evolution. If you think of our brains as kind of a layered system, where each layer is an evolutionary step toward becoming the dominant species on our planet, the reptilian brain is the absolute lowest. The alligator (as Biology sees it) has three thoughts: eat, sleep, reproduce. It is base survival of the species. Next is the mammalian brain: it has emotion and, key, it can learn. Your dog has a mammalian brain. ❤️ Then primate brain: comparatively larger per body size than other mammals; higher level of intelligence; they're using tools, they're problem solving... (non-primate species have been shown to have these abilities too, now, but still I believe bio maintains that a primate can do with more complexity). Last, the human brain: considered the most intelligent of all brains, the 'top layer' that sets us apart from all other species. We know how to organize and mobilize with a methodical precision to get yours, mine, and ours. Other communal species may work together but they can't or don't think further than base needs. The human brain expands that out to the most lux and leisurely possibilities to create the least work and most pay off, and the human brain can do that in a split second with a million decisions a day.

Oh, one last thing - I agree with all who say Arianna thinks she's the shit. However, she has every right not to want kids and I agree with her 100% that it isn't anyone's business, nor is it some requirement in life. I hope Sandavol was honest when he said he is going to raise kids and she can be a part of it or not, because I think it's pretty certain that Arianna is honest when she tells him she doesn't want kids.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Poor Colin Eggsfield he expected more out of life.

LOLOL

From the trailer I'll admit that it looks like there is apossibility LaLa CAN act, but unfortunately because she's on this show and at least plays the role of gold digger IMO there is just no way she'll ever be considered as a serious actress, even if she rocked it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Wicked said:

It's on Hulu.  I haven't watched it though.

I have Hulu for 99 cents a month for a year.  Still too much to pay for watching a LaLa or Randall movie.

Beau's Mum is nice, but she can lose me with all her psychobabble reptilian brain BS.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I just can’t make the math work on Sandoval and Ariana’s baby conversation.

Also, the part that, starting to talk about it in 10 years means she will be trying to get pregnant at 44 or 45.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

They way Tom was describing that she could be as involved with the child as she wanted it sounded like he thought it would be an option for them to continue dating and living together why he raised a child while she was not part of the parenting process which would be a novel approach! Maybe the show can last that long:

As to her being 44 or 45 one of the things she has been most adamant about is that she will not be carrying the child which even Tom has picked up on because he has emphasized adoption even when just talking to the idiot bros.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Poor Colin Eggsfield he expected more out of life.

Okay, I scrolled down the IMDb page and laughed so loud and hard, my cat was startled. Because:

Did You Know?

Trivia

Main star was banging the producer in order to be on film See more »

Okay, which one of you was it that put that on there? Or was it James? It could've been James, I guess. Either way, that was the best laugh I've had in awhile.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Also, I forgot, Lala's lace up jeans were ugly AF and her stupid slides look just like something she'd be totally into.

And I don't think Jax actually likes taking care of Brittany.  He likes the spectacle of it and looking like a good boyfriend.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

And I don't think Jax actually likes taking care of Brittany.  He likes the spectacle of it and looking like a good boyfriend.

He probably encouraged her to schedule it for then so it gave them an excuse not to go to the relationship workshop!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They way Tom was describing that she could be as involved with the child as she wanted it sounded like he thought it would be an option for them to continue dating and living together why he raised a child while she was not part of the parenting process which would be a novel approach! Maybe the show can last that long:

that sounds really confusing.  "I'm Dad's girlfriend, hi, how are you?  Please don't engage with me..."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7

Two things that made me giggle this episode:

• Jax playing the 'drums'. He looked at the camera at the end like, "did you get that?" and grinned. He looked like an idiot.
  • Schwartz stress-puffing on the inhaler after Jax brought up the children thing again to Ariana.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12

Katie’s outfit on WWHL was worse than what your posts led me to expect. That’s a shade of purple that appeals to 6-year-old girls. And the cut of the pantsuit was very Macy’s Missy department, Alfred Dunner. 

Worn over a Grateful Dead t-shirt. 

So fug. 

Somehow Stassi looked pretty good, despite that Kermit shade of green dress. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Katie’s outfit on WWHL was worse than what your posts led me to expect. That’s a shade of purple that appeals to 6-year-old girls. And the cut of the pantsuit was very Macy’s Missy department, Alfred Dunner. 

So fug. 

Omg yes what the hell.  And the sparkles in the part of her hair.  IDGI.  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I have a dress that color and I am far from 6 years old. That said, I would die before wearing a suit cut like that, haha!

I love that color but holy shit, that suit. 

Like she'd ransacked Mike Brady's pajama drawer.

ac46880d6524d8574ab67304845b162c--the-br

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

As someone who doesn’t want children, I think Ariana is full of shit. You’re annoyed that Tom is constantly talking about how he does want kids? Poor you. Break up then. Except she’s not going to do that because she wants to be on the show. Plus I just feel like she’s sort of full of shit in general. It wouldn’t shock me at all if as she moves closer to 40 she does get married and have a baby. Right now I feel like so much of her persona is based on being the hottest thing around. As she feels herself age out of that, I could see her looking to settle down with a family...much like Jax.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So fug. 

Seriously, that was gagworthy!!! And with her body type, she needs to consider more clothes that properly flatter and fit her figure, not boxy suits that just make her look even bigger and shapeless onscreen. What a godawful fashion fail, especially for someone who somehow once hilariously considered herself a fashion blogger(has she even posted on “Pucker & Pout” in the last year?!).

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

The more Lala talks, the more I'm convinced that Randall is her meal ticket and while there may be something genuine there that is enough to keep her around but nothing really substantial. What I thought funny was this notion that 'as long as it doesn't happen again, we're fine'. When behaviour is a character issue, you can avoid repeating the exact same situation but the underlying behaviour patterns will reveal itself in different kinds of ways and situations and just because they're not all the same doesn't mean that there isn't an issue there. Also, your gucci slides are ugly...stop fucking talking about them.

@RHJunkie, I'm not trying to kiss your ass...but, that was like the most insightful thing I've read about relationships, kind of, ever.  Can you be my a therapist? 

Just my $.02 regarding baby-gate and Ariana, I am close in age to Ariana and when people ask me if I'm going to have kids (which I have no immediate plans to have, and if I do find myself wanting a kid one day when I'm closer to 40, I realize it would most likely require IVF, and since I don't really do pain or needles, I would most likely have to adopt, and even that has unique challenges which I may never be able to meet), I am kind of flattered. I take it as a sign that I seem fertile and healthy.  To a t, it's either a 22 year old female or a man who asks if I'm planning on having a baby (which fits the VPR deomgraphic perfectly, from a mental perspective).

I, too, share Ariana's fear of something that size traveling through my, ahem, canal (can I get a shout-out to the women who have done it, as I have no idea how that can be done), so I usually just tell the inquirer that I am severely afraid of pain, and prior to doing any pregnancy planning, I would need to find an OB-GYN who would agree to give me a c-section prior to conception.  This usually gets people to regale me with birth stories, and the pressure is off of me as they recount their own assorted bullshit. 

Ariana might try this, except there are all kinds of doctors in LA, and someone might actually know of an OB-GYN who would give a c-section, no questions asked, and then she's stuck in a quandary...better to stick to your guns I guess, but let's not gush over how progressive we are until Tom has a kid with another woman and y'all are kinda sister-wives.  Then you will have walked the walk, and I'll gladly give you the Progressive of the Year Award.  

For real though.  Having a biological child scares the ever-loving shit out of me.  How do women do it?  Katie just mentioned so nonchalantly how it would either be her, Stassi or Brittney who has the first kid, and I was like, howwww?  People are so brave. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

@RHJunkie, I'm not trying to kiss your ass...but, that was like the most insightful thing I've read about relationships, kind of, ever.  Can you be my a therapist? 

Just my $.02 regarding baby-gate and Ariana, I am close in age to Ariana and when people ask me if I'm going to have kids (which I have no immediate plans to have, and if I do find myself wanting a kid one day when I'm closer to 40, I realize it would most likely require IVF, and since I don't really do pain or needles, I would most likely have to adopt, and even that has unique challenges which I may never be able to meet), I am kind of flattered. I take it as a sign that I seem fertile and healthy.  To a t, it's either a 22 year old female or a man who asks if I'm planning on having a baby (which fits the VPR deomgraphic perfectly, from a mental perspective).

I, too, share Ariana's fear of something that size traveling through my, ahem, canal (can I get a shout-out to the women who have done it, as I have no idea how that can be done), so I usually just tell the inquirer that I am severely afraid of pain, and prior to doing any pregnancy planning, I would need to find an OB-GYN who would agree to give me a c-section prior to conception.  This usually gets people to regale me with birth stories, and the pressure is off of me as they recount their own assorted bullshit. 

Ariana might try this, except there are all kinds of doctors in LA, and someone might actually know of an OB-GYN who would give a c-section, no questions asked, and then she's stuck in a quandary...better to stick to your guns I guess, but let's not gush over how progressive we are until Tom has a kid with another woman and y'all are kinda sister-wives.  Then you will have walked the walk, and I'll gladly give you the Progressive of the Year Award.  

For real though.  Having a biological child scares the ever-loving shit out of me.  How do women do it?  Katie just mentioned so nonchalantly how it would either be her, Stassi or Brittney who has the first kid, and I was like, howwww?  People are so brave. 

I've had the benefit of learning mostly through listening and watching the dysfunctional relationships of some of my friends throughout the years, lol. It's sometimes felt like I was a therapist who was relied upon to know when to listen, when to speak, and when to ask questions and let them come to their realizations on their own. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard 'it isn't or won't happen again'. Yeah okay, because jealousy, control issues, judgment and can't hold down a job because he's flaky as fuck is somehow going to magically resolve itself because an aggressive confrontation took place? Life ain't that simple, lol.

I'm also with you on the fear of giving birth. Everyone says that considering the big picture, the pregnancy and birth is the easiest part but I don't know. I'm not going to lie, I can easily picture myself as a mom, but I can't picture myself being pregnant, enjoy pregnancy or enjoy talking about it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So fug. 

Don’t forget Katie’s gold chain.  That completed the fug.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Neeners said:

Schwartz stress-puffing on the inhaler after Jax brought up the children thing again to Ariana.

I totally forgot about that in my OP, but this made me laugh so hard! Schwartz is often pretty useless, but damn if he doesn't provide some great comic relief. 

3 hours ago, iloveit said:

Omg yes what the hell.  And the sparkles in the part of her hair.  IDGI.  

It looked like she overused her dry shampoo. 

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I just get confused because she seems to have a different reason every time they talk about it. First it was the PHYSICAL act of giving birth. But in this episode she only mentioned not liking babies. I don't really care. If she doesn't want them, I don't want her having them. And no one should question or pressure her about it. But there's just this ever-present feeling I get with Ariana, that she's trying to do and say whatever seems the most "cool" and IDGAF. 

• Love 8
On 3/5/2019 at 8:53 AM, FancyNancy said:

What does FT stand for? I know it’s Sandoval, I just don’t know what it means. 

Flatiron Tom.  In the first season he was seeing flat-ironing his hair a lot. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

And don't forget, Scheana did porn.

Softcore. And so did Camille Grammar. Ariana was nude for Dirty Dealing 3D and Stassi did a photoshoot for Trashy.com.

5 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously, that was gagworthy!!! And with her body type, she needs to consider more clothes that properly flatter and fit her figure, not boxy suits that just make her look even bigger and shapeless onscreen. What a godawful fashion fail, especially for someone who somehow once hilariously considered herself a fashion blogger(has she even posted on “Pucker & Pout” in the last year?!).

Katie needs to learn what Christina Hendricks has--sleek and tailored is her friend. 

• Love 5