Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Reptilian Brain

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

@RHJunkie, I'm not trying to kiss your ass...but, that was like the most insightful thing I've read about relationships, kind of, ever.  Can you be my a therapist? 

Just my $.02 regarding baby-gate and Ariana, I am close in age to Ariana and when people ask me if I'm going to have kids (which I have no immediate plans to have, and if I do find myself wanting a kid one day when I'm closer to 40, I realize it would most likely require IVF, and since I don't really do pain or needles, I would most likely have to adopt, and even that has unique challenges which I may never be able to meet), I am kind of flattered. I take it as a sign that I seem fertile and healthy.  To a t, it's either a 22 year old female or a man who asks if I'm planning on having a baby (which fits the VPR deomgraphic perfectly, from a mental perspective).

I, too, share Ariana's fear of something that size traveling through my, ahem, canal (can I get a shout-out to the women who have done it, as I have no idea how that can be done), so I usually just tell the inquirer that I am severely afraid of pain, and prior to doing any pregnancy planning, I would need to find an OB-GYN who would agree to give me a c-section prior to conception.  This usually gets people to regale me with birth stories, and the pressure is off of me as they recount their own assorted bullshit. 

Ariana might try this, except there are all kinds of doctors in LA, and someone might actually know of an OB-GYN who would give a c-section, no questions asked, and then she's stuck in a quandary...better to stick to your guns I guess, but let's not gush over how progressive we are until Tom has a kid with another woman and y'all are kinda sister-wives.  Then you will have walked the walk, and I'll gladly give you the Progressive of the Year Award.  

For real though.  Having a biological child scares the ever-loving shit out of me.  How do women do it?  Katie just mentioned so nonchalantly how it would either be her, Stassi or Brittney who has the first kid, and I was like, howwww?  People are so brave. 

The c-section would take care of the birthing portion, but she'd still have to deal with having a creepy parasite living inside her for 40 weeks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The c-section would take care of the birthing portion, but she'd still have to deal with having a creepy parasite living inside her for 40 weeks.

AND the aftermath of a C-section.  I don't know if Ariana has a scar phobia, but if she does (to be revealed in... the next two seasons???), then the C-sec will definitely be out as well.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I, too, share Ariana's fear of something that size traveling through my, ahem, canal (can I get a shout-out to the women who have done it, as I have no idea how that can be done), 

Drugs.  Seriously.  My epidural was Ev. 'Ry. Thing.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, iloveit said:

Omg yes what the hell.  And the sparkles in the part of her hair.  IDGI.  

tiny voice 

I liked the concept of the glitter hair.  Just not that way. 

And Facebook has pointed out:

Glitter is the herpes of the craft world.  It never goes away.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Drugs.  Seriously.  My epidural was Ev. 'Ry. Thing.

The Lady had one with (CS), and one without (V) an epidural. 

When someone asks her about natural childbirth, she always says "If you're wondering if you can take the pain- yeah, you can probably take it.  But... why would you want to?"

• Love 6
On 3/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, FozzyBear said:

As someone who doesn’t want children, I think Ariana is full of shit. You’re annoyed that Tom is constantly talking about how he does want kids? Poor you. Break up then. Except she’s not going to do that because she wants to be on the show. Plus I just feel like she’s sort of full of shit in general. It wouldn’t shock me at all if as she moves closer to 40 she does get married and have a baby. Right now I feel like so much of her persona is based on being the hottest thing around. As she feels herself age out of that, I could see her looking to settle down with a family...much like Jax.

I think the whole Tom and Ariana kids story line is fake fake fake, just like the rest of their story lines. That being said, I feel like this storyline is pretty unfeminist of Ariana, despite her smartest-of-the-group-feminist persona.  Not wanting to have kids is fine. But stating that you have a birth phobia and find it disgusting plays pretty hard into the bullshit patriarchal notion that women’s bodies are sexual objects only, and that anything that belies that illusion (periods, bodily functions, childbirth, breastfeeding, weight gain, natural aging) is something shameful. I understand that some women actually do have a deep fear or phobia of birth, often stemming from a trauma. So far Ariana has only said she thinks it’s “gross.”  She is perpetuating negative connotations of women’s natural biological functions and undermining people with actual phobias or traumas. Ariana is so “ugh.” And Tom is just as bad for going along with it. 

Also that “progressive” conversation was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. They are going to potentially live together in a relationship while Tom raises a child and Ariana ignores it or dabbles in the child’s life at her whim? That won’t fuck a kid up at all....

• Love 17
On 3/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

@RHJunkie, I'm not trying to kiss your ass...but, that was like the most insightful thing I've read about relationships, kind of, ever.  Can you be my a therapist? 

Just my $.02 regarding baby-gate and Ariana, I am close in age to Ariana and when people ask me if I'm going to have kids (which I have no immediate plans to have, and if I do find myself wanting a kid one day when I'm closer to 40, I realize it would most likely require IVF, and since I don't really do pain or needles, I would most likely have to adopt, and even that has unique challenges which I may never be able to meet), I am kind of flattered. I take it as a sign that I seem fertile and healthy.  To a t, it's either a 22 year old female or a man who asks if I'm planning on having a baby (which fits the VPR deomgraphic perfectly, from a mental perspective).

I, too, share Ariana's fear of something that size traveling through my, ahem, canal (can I get a shout-out to the women who have done it, as I have no idea how that can be done), so I usually just tell the inquirer that I am severely afraid of pain, and prior to doing any pregnancy planning, I would need to find an OB-GYN who would agree to give me a c-section prior to conception.  This usually gets people to regale me with birth stories, and the pressure is off of me as they recount their own assorted bullshit. 

Ariana might try this, except there are all kinds of doctors in LA, and someone might actually know of an OB-GYN who would give a c-section, no questions asked, and then she's stuck in a quandary...better to stick to your guns I guess, but let's not gush over how progressive we are until Tom has a kid with another woman and y'all are kinda sister-wives.  Then you will have walked the walk, and I'll gladly give you the Progressive of the Year Award.  

For real though.  Having a biological child scares the ever-loving shit out of me.  How do women do it?  Katie just mentioned so nonchalantly how it would either be her, Stassi or Brittney who has the first kid, and I was like, howwww?  People are so brave. 

This is way more of an explanation than you owe anyone, lol. It’s pretty rude to ask. Think about what someone is actually asking... “what are you finances like? Are you sexually active? What’s your relationship status? Do you use birth control? Do you feel pressure about major life decisions because you are single? Do you have a plan for that? Are you fertile? Have you had anything in your past that would impact your fertility?” A polite “fuck off it’s none of your business” is really all anyone should expect in response to that question. 

Also, generally c-section recovery is way more painful than a vaginal birth. It’s major surgery. I hear epirurals are the shit though. (I didn’t have one and labor was painful but not intolerable.). Also, at least for me, all the spin about forgetting the pain when the little interloper comes out was pretty true.    

• Love 9
On 3/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, geauxaway said:

Don’t forget Katie’s gold chain.  That completed the fug.

She looked like she mugged her grandma, right on down from the color of her polyester pantsuit, the giant necklace and her snappy, gilded hair-dee-do.    Little granny Katie.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

She looked like she mugged her grandma, right on down from the color of her polyester pantsuit, the giant necklace and her snappy, gilded hair-dee-do.    Little granny Katie.  

Quit age shaming innocent Katie! 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, RHJunkie said:

I'm also with you on the fear of giving birth. Everyone says that considering the big picture, the pregnancy and birth is the easiest part but I don't know. I'm not going to lie, I can easily picture myself as a mom, but I can't picture myself being pregnant, enjoy pregnancy or enjoy talking about it.

Is it weird that I am the mirror opposite of this? lol I have never been afraid of the pain of giving birth but also have never, not ever, wanted kids. I'm too old - well, not biologically too old but too old to be considered - to be a surrogate now but I really wish I would have taken advantage of that option when I was younger, because, just as someone having a female body, I kinda want to experience what our bodies can do, BUT I have no interest in the kid that comes afterward. I would have been the perfect surrogate for that exact reason - there was zero chance of me changing my mind and keeping the kid! lol

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Is it weird that I am the mirror opposite of this? lol I have never been afraid of the pain of giving birth but also have never, not ever, wanted kids. I'm too old - well, not biologically too old but too old to be considered - to be a surrogate now but I really wish I would have taken advantage of that option when I was younger, because, just as someone having a female body, I kinda want to experience what our bodies can do, BUT I have no interest in the kid that comes afterward. I would have been the perfect surrogate for that exact reason - there was zero chance of me changing my mind and keeping the kid! lol

Haha, no weird at all. I'm impressed that the process doesn't intimidate you! I think what scares me is that the experience varies and while so many women have healthy pregnancies and uncomplicated births (even if painful) there are so many that don't. Also the idea having parts of me leaking, ripped and sewn...it's just scary to me, lol.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, jkitty said:

,   I think the whole Tom and Ariana kids story line is fake fake fake, just like the rest of their story lines. That being said, I feel like this storyline is pretty unfeminist of Ariana, despite her smartest-of-the-group-feminist persona.  Not wanting to have kids is fine. But stating that you have a birth phobia and find it disgusting plays pretty hard into the bullshit patriarchal notion that women’s bodies are sexual objects only, and that anything that belies that illusion (periods, bodily functions, childbirth, breastfeeding, weight gain, natural aging) is something shameful. I understand that some women actually do have a deep fear or phobia of birth, often stemming from a trauma. So far Ariana has only said she thinks it’s “gross.”  She is perpetuating negative connotations of women’s natural biological functions and undermining people with actual phobias or traumas. Ariana is so “ugh.” And Tom is just as bad for going along with it. 

Also that “progressive” conversation was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. They are going to potentially live together in a relationship while Tom raises a child and Ariana ignores it or dabbles in the child’s life at her whim? That won’t fuck a kid up at all....

Yeah,  Ariana, babies are gross. You are so, so progressive!

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3
On 3/8/2019 at 1:12 PM, Mazzy said:

Yeah, I don't mind the pregnancy and the labour pains part either.  I love kids and babies, work with them and would take a bullet for them, but I don't want to become a mother.  I get asked all the time because I've been married for a long time and I'm always around children, but being a parent is a different thing and I've never had that biological pull.  I'm really happy for people who decide to become parents, either through surrogacy, IVF or adoption and I think it's all wonderful if that's what you want, but it's just never been that way for me. 

• Love 8
On 3/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, Emmeline said:

remember her saying she was on the bed spread eagle and let James do her.

And what was Lala getting in return for letting dopey James "do her"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/6/2019 at 2:45 PM, ghoulina said:

I just get confused because she seems to have a different reason every time they talk about it. First it was the PHYSICAL act of giving birth. But in this episode she only mentioned not liking babies. I don't really care. If she doesn't want them, I don't want her having them. And no one should question or pressure her about it. But there's just this ever-present feeling I get with Ariana, that she's trying to do and say whatever seems the most "cool" and IDGAF. 

Based on Ariana's complete flip and immersion into the coven I don't trust she will keep with that no kids schtick forever either. She'll be like that Sex and the City character that was the hot party girl who became a suburban mom secretly seething with resentment. Tom thinks he's not getting any now... Sheeeeit.

• Love 5

As someone who doesn’t want children, I think Ariana is full of shit. You’re annoyed that Tom is constantly talking about how he does want kids? Poor you. Break up then. Except she’s not going to do that because she wants to be on the show. Plus I just feel like she’s sort of full of shit in general. It wouldn’t shock me at all if as she moves closer to 40 she does get married and have a baby. Right now I feel like so much of her persona is based on being the hottest thing around. As she feels herself age out of that, I could see her looking to settle down with a family...much like Jax.

I don't trust she will keep with that no kids schtick forever either

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  This fool will end up married, pregnant, and with more babies than any of them.  It probably won't be with Tom, but it will happen.  She's so concerned with being "different" that she'll say anything to fit that mold.  And it's a big pile of garbage.

And on the subject of Tom, good Lord, can the guy catch a sense of humor??  He takes himself and everything around him sooooo seriously.  And dude isn't a serious guy and certainly doesn't live a serious life.  Get over yourself, please.  

• Love 6
On 3/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

😁 I'm old enough to be a grandmother but I have no kids and the thought of carrying around a huge foreign object in my stomach and then having to painfully  push it out..well, let's just say I made the right decision.

But aren't these Van der Pump cast members getting real close to being too old to be birthing babies? Let alone how awful most of them would be as parents!

I'm ready for a few new, fresh faces on this show. And NOT any family members of the current cast.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

But aren't these Van der Pump cast members getting real close to being too old to be birthing babies? Let alone how awful most of them would be as parents!

That's actually a bit of misinformation. Many of the studies that concluded that a woman's fertility drastically decreases at 35 years are really before the advent of modern medicine. And by modern medicine, I mean that there is data from the 1600s and 1800s that is the basis for the age 35 conclusion. Most modern studies conclude that around 40 - 43 is when conceiving really becomes difficult. And even then epidemiological data shows that among 40 year olds who are trying to have a baby, 65% will give birth within 4 years. It's at about 45 when female fertility really drops off a cliff. So these dopes should still be fertile for quite awhile. As to whether they should have children, that's another story.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3