Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E09: Week 9

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, so seriously, what will happen next?  [Just guesses, no spoilers]  No way could he now go on the date with Hannah G after revealing how he felt and pulling this stunt, right?  So that means the show would end, which won't happen either.  Soooo......I guess he sends Tayshia and Hannah home, and then either Cassie goes home, and he follows her (with some or all being filmed) and we see what happens next, or Cassie doesn't leave and has a change of heart and he ends up proposing to her.

I wouldn't say 'hot', but I would say 'impressive' as hell..

I’m going with the next morning Harrison finds Colton sleeping in a ditch; shoes, watch, and jacket stolen; curled up under leaves for warmth; with a stray dog licking dirt off his cheek. Beyond that, I have nothing. But I bet Hannah doesn’t even get her date and Harrison will have to tell her he ran away—unless they find him before date time and make him do it.

5 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I also think it’s really important that Cassie thinks that if she hasn’t felt it by now he’s not the right guy.  That’s what her father told her and that’s what she believes.  While many people will side with Colton saying the right things in the context of the show and that he would give her space and they don’t have to get engaged, she is looking for instant spark.  Cuz daddy said that’s how it will happen.

Shes ridiculously immature.  Reminds me of grade school kids when they ask “ do you like him or do you like him like him?”

This is the problem. He even used the “Zing!” line from Hotel Transylvania. Dad convinced her that “love at first sight” means you found your soulmate. And he got her all screwed up because she has the completely normal and rational feelings that she cares about him and wants to date him but if she didn’t “know” he was meant to be her husband from the moment they met, he can’t be the one...according to Daddy and Disney Princess movies. Hey, someone show her “Tangled” or one of the other princess movies where they don’t fall in love until the end. Hmm. Maybe this is where Hannah got her idea for the etiquette date—Belle started falling for the Beast after she taught him how to eat soup.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

NO doubt in my mind.  I think she planned the whole thing from the start and that's why she was with her boyfriend right up until the show.  Katie must have heard  her give hints about it. 

Get to final three, have a big, long break-up and come back as Bachelorette or get a soap opera job offer whichever comes first.  Her final episode was even better than she planned!  What contestant ever got that much air time?  She played it just right, she couldn't just say she  couldn't love him that way and get in the limo, instead she had to keep up the, "I don't knows" and "I'm so conflicted," for an hour, so that Colton and the audience would just think she needed to talk about it some more -- while the camera stays on her face -- the face that was always turned toward the camera with her tousled hair always arranged artfully down the sides to hide her heavy, wide jaw and her lipstick never wears off. 

What crying girl keeps lifting the crown of her hair instead of pushing her hair off her face?  Only Cassie, who knows her own best angles just like all little actresses who have spent hours in front of the mirror.

All time Wrong Reasons trophy for Cassie.  If the show brings her back as the Bachelorette I will not watch.

ironic that 2 out of final 3 girls were with serious boyfriends until the night before bachelor. I had some spoilers, and this was a surprise to me--I thought and and colton would have sex and THEN she would dump him-is he ever going to lose it?? and poor hannah--that really sucks for her 😞

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

I’ll give you Firestone.  He even had a good career/income.  Not my type, but I can see the appeal. 

You raise a good point - having a good career/income makes a difference. I'd say that an ideal Bachelor should have: a certain presence (the swagger), a good career, looks, ability to speak, and basic decency. Andrew Firestone had all 5. Andy Baldwin did, too (thank you @betha for the name reminder.) Matt Grant also did, if I recall correctly. 

Colton's a decent guy and easy on the eyes, but he doesn't have the rest (not yet, at least - not a knock on him, he just doesn't seem ready to be "the ideal Bachelor.") 

Edited by kazza
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I’m going with the next morning Harrison finds Colton sleeping in a ditch; shoes, watch, and jacket stolen; curled up under leaves for warmth; with a stray dog licking dirt off his cheek. Beyond that, I have nothing. But I bet Hannah doesn’t even get her date and Harrison will have to tell her he ran away—unless they find him before date time and make him do it.

This is the problem. He even used the “Zing!” line from Hotel Transylvania. Dad convinced her that “love at first sight” means you found your soulmate. And he got her all screwed up because she has the completely normal and rational feelings that she cares about him and wants to date him but if she didn’t “know” he was meant to be her husband from the moment they met, he can’t be the one...according to Daddy and Disney Princess movies. Hey, someone show her “Tangled” or one of the other princess movies where they don’t fall in love until the end. Hmm. Maybe this is where Hannah got her idea for the etiquette date—Belle started falling for the Beast after she taught him how to eat soup.

Except Colton was telling Cassie they didn't have to get engaged and to forget about the show's time frame, yet she was still in tears, kept saying she just didn't know, and tried to break it off. It seems to me that she's just not that into him.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I also think it’s really important that Cassie thinks that if she hasn’t felt it by now he’s not the right guy.  That’s what her father told her and that’s what she believes.  While many people will side with Colton saying the right things in the context of the show and that he would give her space and they don’t have to get engaged, she is looking for instant spark.  Cuz daddy said that’s how it will happen.

Shes ridiculously immature.  Reminds me of grade school kids when they ask “ do you like him or do you like him like him?”

But she should know by now if there's something there. You do. And she doesn't. It's not about fairy tales, but you do know if there's something there worth sticking it out for. Clearly there is something in her gut telling her to go the other way. 

I think it's because she never wanted to "win." The family plan was for her to be the Bachelorette. 

Whoever Katie was, I think she was right about Cassie. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 8

I think they should have shortened the Cassie drama, and moved on to what he says to Hannah G, etc.  To drag this out was just plain boring.  And I don't care.  It is not like anyone is thinking, oh what love story will come out of this?  I can't wait to find out!  No, everyone knows there is no love story--even if he connects with Cassie or someone later on, it won't last based on what we have seen.  That was truly a boring episode, and it wasn't necessary to show all of it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Dad convinced her that “love at first sight” means you found your soulmate. And he got her all screwed up because she has the completely normal and rational feelings that she cares about him and wants to date him but if she didn’t “know” he was meant to be her husband from the moment they met, he can’t be the one...according to Daddy and Disney Princess movies. 

THIS. Her dad acts like his story with her mom is the only right way to have a happy marriage. Which is bullshit.  

But my main takeaway from seeing Cassie get close to all in,then hear her dad not give her blessing and freak out, then have her dad tell her "you don't live him" and decide to leave, then have Colton almost persuade her to stay? She is not mature enough to get married.  If you can't OWN your feelings and decisions, you're not ready for the challenges of marriage.   

This has  not felt like an audition for the lead role at all.  Maybe she wants to be famous, but she is not playing the "there is no one who loves me,even though I'm so great" role that is the blueprint for becoming the lead.  (I think Caelynn was auditioning, fwiw)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dejana said:

Except Colton was telling Cassie they didn't have to get engaged and to forget about the show's time frame, yet she was still in tears, kept saying she just didn't know, and tried to break it off. It seems to me that she's just not that into him.

Cassie is into Cassie and she plays it sooo well!

• Love 5

"Virgin" poster here 😁... love reading you guys!

So I've always enjoyed watching this show, searching for the rare moments of truth.. and this is the first season where I'm having some trouble finding any with these girls.  Colton has surprised me though. I initially was going to skip this season, but he seems like a kind and sensitive guy, if not a bit immature and out of the shallows now. 😏

Incoming snark alert...

Taisha is fierce and all about the "win". But her smile reminds me of Cartman's upside down triangle mouth, gah! I think she'll do well in life though. Btw who decides the order of the fantasy suites? These two aren't there yet as I'm only 20 minutes into the episode...plus I haven't read the first 5 pages of this thread yet, but I predict/hope that these 2 won't or shouldn't go forward with "that".

Cassie - her "innocence and freshness" schtick is just too manufactured in my opinion. Doesn't contrivance normally imply some degree of intelligence?  Colour me confused because I don't see anything more there. Can't wait to see how their fs goes...

Hannah - aka younger Meg Ryan, cookie cutter cute girl. Couldn't stand her in the beginning but lately she seems like the best bet, bleh.

Two thoughts right now...in 6-8 months, if I remember to care, I expect to hear Colton is single. Or maybe sticking it out and miserable, due to his strong desire to please. Although I expect whatever woman to bail on him first. Sad.

Also.. if any of the 3 girls left is the next bachelorette, I think the producers should have their heads examined. It'll be too insulting for this viewer to watch. I think bringing in a totally fresh crop of unknowns would really reboot this franchise..because it's just becoming farcical at this point. 😒

Women tell all - I look forward to seeing/hearing from some of the far more fascinating previous contestants.

Will finish watching this episode now and look forward to reading this thread after!

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Arkay said:

Didn't something similar happen with Desiree and Brooks? If I recall, she was totally in love/infatuated with him when she was the Bachelorette, and like Colton, although she was the lead, she begged Brooks to love her and he left the show?

I know she didn't hop over a fence, but I think that was the first time that the lead was desperate, said "I love you"before the proposal, and really was uninterested in anyone else (even though she married one of the other contestants).

Minus the fence and virginity, it feels like Colton and Cassie are in the same situation. 

I watched with friends last night and that’s exactly who we talked about....Des and Brooks. 

I personally gave Des and Chris zero odds of making it, but I was wrong. 

The scene also reminded me of Arie’s breakup with Becca, but with much more emotion. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I felt bad for Cassie, because she was acting like a trapped butterfly. She is obviously not ready for this and at least not with Colton and the more he smothers her, the more she wanted to run away. Geez, he really is a smother-er. Perhaps she would have been more attracted to him if he didn't smother her so much. He kept forcing himself on her emotionally when she doesn't even know herself or what she wanted. Her dad picked up on that and he is probably used to making all the decisions for her. The moment she heard her father didn't give his blessing, the light went out of her eyes. Whoever dates her better be on daddy's good side because he has a TON of influence on her.

I can't stop laughing at the end when they were looking for him, with dogs barking and Chris whistling for him like a dog. That was the best part of the whole season. They deserve an Emmy for it. I wouldn't surprised if they added the dog sound effects. And just like a dog, when Colton is hungry, he would probably come back to the house.

Edited by waving feather
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, PerfectPrincess said:

Also, I think a lot of us called it that Colton was an “anything but” virgin. He fully admitted it in the FS TH. “I’ve done pretty much everything else”. So why is his virginity an entire thing? (I mean, what even IS virginity, really?)

Yes! So annoying when people constantly have to talk about how they are a virgin, when you know damn well they've done everything else, just like he admitted. So what's the whole point?Just so you can say out loud that you are a virgin, and that makes you feel special...even though you've done more personal things than sex? Oookkkk, you just keep on claiming that. Yes, technically you are, but I'm sorry, you don't have the innocence of a true virgin, and I wouldn't keep pointing it out and making it an issue when you've "done everything else." 

• Love 2

I haven't watched more than the first five minutes of season 1 of Young Once, but I believe the whole "storyline" or "plot" is Cassie's long, drawn-out disengagement from her several-year-long relationship with her boyfriend. So I guess we are all lucky that break up #2 with Colton was done in less than 2 hours.  

It was obvious that she wasn't into Colton and everything else that being "into" Colton requires on this show once you hit F3 and beyond: The FS, the breakfast after the FS (which has become a staple but is the worst), the meeting and squealing and required confessions of twu love to Colton's parents, the putting on of the slinky proposal gown and then memorizing your final speech of love, and then acting happy to get engaged and faking it for 3-4 months afterward, including the ATFR and media appearances.  All being done with some producer/s whispering in your ear 24/7 manipulating you. It's a long haul if you are conflicted to begin with.  

Colton might have truly meant it when he said we don't have to get engaged but those kinds of endings are really considered a failed season because of the whole show structure that is set in place for an engagement and the lovey-dovey after party the viewers are expecting to see and that the live audience is primed to clap for.  Being milquetoast in this franchise is impossible.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Shes ridiculously immature.  Reminds me of grade school kids when they ask “ do you like him or do you like him like him?

I agree.

And I really do think Cassie was super into Colton by the way she acted, and how affectionate she was with him, right up until he told her that he didn't get her father's blessing. She totally acted smitten until that very moment. I really think she's one of those girls who is very VERY heavily influenced by her Christian parents & church. She hasn't grown into her own person yet, and it was shocking for her to hear that daddy wasn't on board with such a huge decision, when her whole entire life has revolved around her family and their religion, and what THEY think is best for her (the church loves to dictate that...not to mention the guilt that ensues if you go against how THEY say to live your life). She has never thought of doing something that might disapoint either of them (except when she accidentally on purpose had pre-marital sex), even if it is what SHE wants. She just isn't mature enough yet to stand on her own and make decisions based on her own desires. 

• Love 15

What I think I loved the most was seeing all the back ground stuff.  The “oh s...” by the camera man when she got up, seeing her producer slink away when Colton chases after her, the locations of the cameras and the crew trying to get shots and cameras not being in focus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

I agree that if Cassie had gotten her parents’ blessings, she would have gone on with the farce. I didn’t watch her other reality show, but her family was all-in for the boyfriend in that one, so maybe Cassie thought her family gives it’s blessing to everybody. When Colton didn’t get it that made him seem less-than.

Also, someone may have hipped her Dad to the fact that she was going to the fantasy suite and being that they are reality-tv Christians (It’s a thing???), he figured it’d be best if he stopped the salaciousness from happening. Cassie said she was worried about her hometown finding out she wasn’t a virgin, so why imply she’s having sex as one of three women in a fantasy suite?

Random thoughts: Both Cassie and her sister have the Botox fillers that make their face look hilly. I hope this will not continue to be the look the kids go for in the future.

Cassie looks like Buttercup from The Princess Bride. Maybe Colton is making some childhood association and that’s why he’s fixating on her.

I can’t decide which fence jump I enjoy more. Colton’s matrix style leap (it’s easy once you realize the fence is not real) or Joanne the Scammer’s desperate jump from her Caucasian home.

tumblr_inline_ocb4kv95xs1qc5mrj_250.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, kazza said:

I'm not sure if he was sexy, but Andrew Firestone had swagger. He knew himself and knew how to drive a conversation. I feel like the Navy officer had swagger, too.

Incidentally, I saw Jesse Palmer on the street recently. I don't remember thinking he was that great during his season, but he looked handsome in real life.

funny how we all see things , i thought Andy Baldwin was a blithering idiot. Andrew firestone will always be my fave for a number of reasons---1) way before social media--people were really there to find love and not to audition for another show2) it was very exciting because back then noone knew who the bachelor was, people really showed up surprised and I still remember when everyone realized he was a millionare. 3) He seemed to really be searching for love. Jessie palmer was also good looking, and to me the funniest bachelor was charlie oconnel who seemed constantly amazed that there were all this women who wanted to date him. lol.

Edited by nlkm9
mispell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

I haven't watched more than the first five minutes of season 1 of Young Once, but I believe the whole "storyline" or "plot" is Cassie's long, drawn-out disengagement from her several-year-long relationship with her boyfriend. So I guess we are all lucky that break up #2 with Colton was done in less than 2 hours.  

It was obvious that she wasn't into Colton and everything else that being "into" Colton requires on this show once you hit F3 and beyond: The FS, the breakfast after the FS (which has become a staple but is the worst), the meeting and squealing and required confessions of twu love to Colton's parents, the putting on of the slinky proposal gown and then memorizing your final speech of love, and then acting happy to get engaged and faking it for 3-4 months afterward, including the ATFR and media appearances.  All being done with some producer/s whispering in your ear 24/7 manipulating you. It's a long haul if you are conflicted to begin with.  

Colton might have truly meant it when he said we don't have to get engaged but those kinds of endings are really considered a failed season because of the whole show structure that is set in place for an engagement and the lovey-dovey after party the viewers are expecting to see and that the live audience is primed to clap for.  Being milquetoast in this franchise is impossible.

its odd that right before cassies dad showed up, colton told her he didnt approve--did producers force hi to bring that up? he really is a puppet isnt he

13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Well he just gave it all away saying he picked her, this is so awkward.

I believe that during one of his private interviews, Colton told the producers that he'd already decided that Cassie was the one.  "The Powers That Be" reminded him that her father didn't give him permission to propose.  And to add insult to injury,  during her private interviews Cassie most likely told them that she wasn't ready to accept his proposal.  Seeing that stubborn Colton was adamant about proposing, they brought Cassie's father to Portugal to help her get clarity and to save him from himself. 

I have a feeling that Colton is now on his own, because I am sure if he picked one of the other ladies, she bailed after viewing last night's episode.

• Love 4

Cassie went to all the trouble of wearing a dress made out of chainmail for her "break up" session, yet her dress was so low-cut, it wasn't able to protect her heart! <snark!>

I found that (long) break up to be very real, at least for Colton.  He wasn't acting or playing a part; he really was devastated.  He went through all the stages we go through when we get blind-sided like that.  He tried to talk her out of it; he tried to reason with her; he used the nuclear option ("I love you"); finally, he started begging and pleading. 

Nobody ever plans to beg and plead for our girlfriend to stay with us; it just happens.  Its amazing how quickly and easily it happens, too!  Suddenly, these crazy words start pouring out of our mouths.  We make promises we could never keep.  Its incredible to listen to yourself just start babbling out things that have never even occurred to you before that very moment.  It really sucks! LOL

At that moment, Colton couldn't parse what Cassie was actually saying to him.  The whole "I don't know" and "I'm so confused" nonsense is like handing a life preserver to a drowning man.  He was desperate for something to cling to, even though, what she really meant was, "I'm just not that into you and want to leave."  Poor guy--and on national television, too.

Jumping the fence was awesome,  He just wanted out of there and away from everyone for some true alone time; no cameras, microphones, or "helpful" producers in his ear, making plans and trying to coach him through.

I have no idea how they're going to fill 6 (!) more hours of this show over tonight and next week, but I'm sure it won't be as dramatic as last night.  

• Love 22

Wellzer, the only thing I'm hoping for now, is that Cassie doesn't return and say she is now ready for an engagement after all.  Because that would mean the show is even more hopelessly scripted and fake than even I thought possible.  There is just no way Cassie would leave a sobbing and literally shaking Colton unless a) she really wasn't into him; or 2) the whole thing was just a scripted storyline for her to act out to get the drama of having someone leave, then return!  Like Des and Brooks, but with a different ending.   

And, if it was scripted, I don't think Colton was let in on it, at least not until after the "breakup" because I don't think he is that good an actor.  Which would make it cruel, as well as fake.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I have no idea how they're going to fill 6 (!) more hours of this show over tonight and next week, but I'm sure it won't be as dramatic as last night.  

Well, tonight is fun and (backstabbing) games with the rejects night.  Or maybe it is front stabbing.  The previews looked like an episode of Jerry Springer.

Who's bringing the popcorn?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Andrew Firestone was exactly who came to mind. My favorite all time Bachelor. Brad was pretty sexy too. 

Those two are my all time favorite Bachelors.  Andrew was a class act and you can say what you want about Brad, but he is handsome and sexy as heck.   I've seen Alex and Jesse in person on the subway and they are both okay looking.  Alex got on the Lexington Ave Express at 59th Street and proceeded to hold the Wall Street Journal up to his face; Jesse and his girlfriend were waiting for the Uptown Express at 86th Street and he was using her as a shield.  I don't know why they felt the need to hide, because New Yorkers don't care about celebrities.  Especially ones that are on the D-List. 

Like a lot of viewers, I have a feeling Cassie did the show to further her career in entertainment.  Too bad those ladies that were hinting to Colton about some of them not being there for the right reason, didn't come right out and say Cassie.  It would have saved a lot of time and unnecessary drama. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Guys - this is one of the funniest threads in this site's history - fence none.  I mean bar none.

Everyone is on fire today; I'm laughing so hard I'm scaring the cats.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

The most honest moment in the show was when Colton realized Cassie was about to leave the show.  He shoots a look into the far camera of fear because even though he’s been willing to play the role of pawn for the show he realized in that moment that Fleiss and ABC would not hesitate to blindside and humiliate him on national TV if it meant ratings.

That's the shot Kimmel played on his show last night, only he showed the "PAs" waving at him to get back to Cassie, then all of them yelling NO! and then quitting and walking away after Colton tells Cassie she's the one and his F1. I did LOL during Kimmel's recap. He did not show the fence jump, however, so boo to that.

10 hours ago, Hpmec said:

I enjoyed when Cassie told Colton her dad had come by that afternoon and instead of the WTF? reaction one would reasonably expect (after all, Portugal is not a quick drive down the 405), it barely registered.

My first thought was "WHAT? He DID? When? Where is he? What's up? Why? Is your whole family here?" Well, those are multiple thoughts but all are more logical and realistic than Colton's complete lack of a reaction.

Bad acting, Colton, bad acting.

10 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Did anyone notice that as Colton headed for the fence, the camera cut away for a second before the actual jump? I would not put it past Fleiss to have used a body double for the shot just to be on the safe side.

Nice observation. And I'm positive now a body double was used. I did laugh at CH wearing his Ninja-all-black outfit so he wouldn't show up in those night shot. When does CH ever wear all black, even casually?

7 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I would say Colton falls below Brady Ben, but above Flapjack. 

Yes, def above Flapjack. At least I don't want to barf when I look at Colton. But I don't want to do anything else either when I look at Colton.

• Love 4

Cassie: too immature to even be on this show. I actually was a lot like her around her age. My parents met in an elevator. My dad was working on it and my mom "stalked" him (being that it was 1985, she found out what company he worked for, called the secretary from the phone book, got his name and had a half-blind date that my dad went on as a joke). They moved in together a week later, engaged a week after that and have been married 33 years. I grew up thinking that it was NORMAL to meet someone like that and just know. It's not. It's SO not. I probably threw away a lot of good relationships feeling like I needed that instant YES feeling. My relationship now? We both had serious butterflies/lust, but we were nine months in before the I love yous came, and we both needed to grow into that love. In that time, he lost his mother, I lost my grandfather, we both started new jobs...lot of life changes. Love isn't all about lust and sex, but about caring about that person through thick and thin, and seeing them at their worst and still wanting to protect them, and putting yourself in front of them. While it may happen instantaneously for some, I think that in most cases, you need to experience life together to know. IT ISN'T POSSIBLE ON THIS SHOW. Life isn't Thailand and Portugal. It's his mom getting sick and dying at Christmas. It's dirty gym socks on the dining room table, and body wash on the shower ceiling. It's running a 101 degree fever and looking like shit and them still rubbing your back.  If Cassie really, really was into him, and had the foresight to understand how love works (which I didn't have until I was about 28), she would've stayed when Colton offered dating up. 

I think her father did her a huge disservice. I get not saying yes to Colton's question. My dad - he of the two-weeks in engagement - probably would roll his eyes. But he's setting up his daughter for disappointment if he tells her that is the only way to fall in love.

I agree with whoever above said that TPTB need to start staying away from 20-somethings. Most people are getting married into their thirties now, and it's clear that most of these people have no idea what they want. And THAT'S OKAY! Maybe the show would have a better success rate if they aimed for people about five years older.

• Love 20

Watching Cassie's dad talk to his limp haired daughter makes me realize that the famewhore apple doesn't fall fair from the famewhore tree.  This conversation did not need to happen on a sofa in Portugal.  Dad was just ready to be back on camera.  I wonder if he made an appearance in his daughter's other TV show?

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

Cassie basically has "The Wrong Reasons" tattooed on her forehead at this point. It seems like she is really fishing to be Bachelorette, and while I think she did like Colton, especially at first, but she really was not ready to commit to him, or as in love as he was. He seems to be really head over heels in love with her, while Cassie was just like "ummm, thanks?" when he was going on about how he would be anything for her. He even said he was fine with no engagement or ending his time on the show, but she wasnt into it. Really, I think she was getting less into him and more into promoting her own stuff more and more as the season went on, but the dad thing made it official. I mean, Cassie seems like the kind of person super dependent on her parents and what they think, I dont think she is really ready for a marriage. She is way too immature, her idea of love seems to be based around early Disney movies, not around any kind of real romance and relationship built on trust and understanding. Hell, modern Disney movies do romance better than what Cassie has apparently built up on her head. 

Colton had his motivations too, like everyone in this franchise, but I do think he loved her, and was devastated when she dumped him. I feel bad for Colton. He isnt my type at all, but he seems like a decent, harmless guy, and he has become the most dumped Bachelor in history, and they spent the whole season laughing about his stupid virginity. Yeah he signed up for all of this, but it still has to do a number on a person self esteem, especially as Colton from the start seemed to be a sort of backup Bachelor choice. He was kind of their only option, beside Jason, who seemed too East Coast and snarky for the corn fed all American vibe they seemed to want this season. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, cathaireverywhere said:

This conversation did not need to happen on a sofa in Portugal.

so when did they decide to fly him in? Did the producers know she was iffy? Do they have all the parents hanging around "just in case"? I am so confused. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow. Just finished watching, and catching up here. I did NOT see that coming. Cassie is cringeworthy...looking right into the camera (repeatedly)...ugh! 

Like others have said...where do they possibly go from here?

Hannah as f1 (for 3 nanoseconds until she watches this episode!)..or her even as next B'ette seems a stretch. Taisha on BIP maybe? (I hope Demi is there too btw!) And with any luck, Cassie never crossing my radar again. 😑 FWIW - I don't think her father had much to do with her decision. She can barely conceal how much she wants more  reality show/social media exposure. <vomit>

Poor Colton. I think the producers did set him up. But I'm sure he'll find someone eventually...preferably in 10 years and off-air. That might work.

• Love 5

To be fair I do believe Cassie's tears were sincere.

I mean, they were for watching her dream of being the bachelorette burn before her very eyes, but they were sincere.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

even though he’s been willing to play the role of pawn for the show he realized in that moment that Fleiss and ABC would not hesitate to blindside and humiliate him on national TV if it meant ratings.

Not only that, he's realized Fleiss etc. have contributed to his humiliation by flying in Cassie's dad who of course wanted her to break up with him.  They facilitated it and they were duplicitously planning it behind his back while he was doing his happy smiley ITMs and getting ready to bone Cassie.  They knew he'd be heartbroken, and to him they've  been his  only friends and confidantes this past month.  How can he trust these monsters?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m going with the next morning Harrison finds Colton sleeping in a ditch; shoes, watch, and jacket stolen; curled up under leaves for warmth; with a stray dog licking dirt off his cheek. Beyond that, I have nothing.

This is gold, @JenE4, GOLD I tell you.

6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

NO doubt in my mind.  I think she planned the whole thing from the start and that's why she was with her boyfriend right up until the show.  Katie must have heard  her give hints about it. 

Of course TPTB on this franchise knew all about her other show and the (ex) boyfriend and yada yada. IMO, the big Cassie drama was scripted way ahead of time, dad flown in on the company dime to add to the drama. He could study his script on the flight over. I don't believe Colton was let in on the storyline, but hey, his six-figure paycheck for being on The Most Drah Matic Episode EVAH helps make up for his heartbreak.

Plus I'm guessing he and Cassie get back together on that last episode. No spoiler, just MHO. For the Most DRAH-matic final rose ceremony/proposal EVAH.

6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

and poor hannah--that really sucks for her

Disagree. Hannah's the big winner in all of this. She got a free vaca to Portugal (and everywhere else), doesn't have to put up with that stupid FS nonsense where she has to admit Colton is still a virgin after spending the night with her. Yeah, I'd say she comes out the winner in this situation. Maybe even next B-ette based on her not even getting a FS date.

4 hours ago, waving feather said:

I wouldn't surprised if they added the dog sound effects. And just like a dog, when Colton is hungry, he would probably come back to the house.

Bwahaha ha! They just need to leave the back door open so he can get back inside where that bowl of food is waiting for him.

3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

the breakfast after the FS

Oh, that ending clip was the worst. I'd bail on Colton after he tells me he won't eat apricots, thinks dates look like sausages so won't eat those, then admits cheese gives him gas so he's lactose intolerant on top of everything else.

Me: "Bye Colton. See ya, don't wanna be ya."

• Love 10

If the “Christian Cassies” get a show and it means the “Creepy Kardashians” retreat, I am all for it.

I was imagining Colton turned intona Golden Retriever when he went into his hotel room for the last time. Producers: Oh no! Colton is heading for the fence—down, boy! Oh no! He’s over it! Here Colton, good dog! <Whistle whistle>.

Has Colton never been in a serious relationship or had someone break up with him? He just seems soooo young. Cassie hits him over the head with not being into him and he just gets more and more pathetic. I actually bet she wanted to leave earlier but the other departees beat her to it and the producers wouldn’t let her. I give her credit for not playing along into a fake F1 with a breakup soon after.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, so seriously, what will happen next?  [Just guesses, no spoilers]  No way could he now go on the date with Hannah G after revealing how he felt and pulling this stunt, right?  So that means the show would end, which won't happen either.  Soooo......I guess he sends Tayshia and Hannah home, and then either Cassie goes home, and he follows her (with some or all being filmed) and we see what happens next, or Cassie doesn't leave and has a change of heart and he ends up proposing to her.

I suppose that's the whole point of two nights next week - one for the denouement (and poor Hannah G.'s date, which you know won't go well) and the other for the not so After the Final Rose.

I'm honestly not looking forward to two hours of cat fights tonight either.  There's a reason these ladies are all still single.  We'll see tonight.  They are all about 13 - 15 years old by the looks of the previews.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Hpmec said:

To the person upthread who commented on Cassie's good job, I speak from experience when I say that substitute teaching is a low paid, no benefits, part-time gig.

But it is a heck of a lot more than a media influencer or even a beauty queen.  I've been impressed that these ladies at least have REAL jobs and not the imagined nonsense we've seen in previous seasons.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Cassie basically has "The Wrong Reasons" tattooed on her forehead at this point. It seems like she is really fishing to be Bachelorette, and while I think she did like Colton, especially at first, but she really was not ready to commit to him, or as in love as he was. He seems to be really head over heels in love with her, while Cassie was just like "ummm, thanks?" when he was going on about how he would be anything for her. He even said he was fine with no engagement or ending his time on the show, but she wasnt into it. Really, I think she was getting less into him and more into promoting her own stuff more and more as the season went on, but the dad thing made it official. I mean, Cassie seems like the kind of person super dependent on her parents and what they think, I dont think she is really ready for a marriage. She is way too immature, her idea of love seems to be based around early Disney movies, not around any kind of real romance and relationship built on trust and understanding. Hell, modern Disney movies do romance better than what Cassie has apparently built up on her head. 

Colton had his motivations too, like everyone in this franchise, but I do think he loved her, and was devastated when she dumped him. I feel bad for Colton. He isnt my type at all, but he seems like a decent, harmless guy, and he has become the most dumped Bachelor in history, and they spent the whole season laughing about his stupid virginity. Yeah he signed up for all of this, but it still has to do a number on a person self esteem, especially as Colton from the start seemed to be a sort of backup Bachelor choice. He was kind of their only option, beside Jason, who seemed too East Coast and snarky for the corn fed all American vibe they seemed to want this season. 

In fairness, it felt like Colton's feelings for her intensified quickly once he realized that she wasn't falling all over herself to declare love for him. Once he had to chase her, he suddenly HAD to have her. 

Disagree. Hannah's the big winner in all of this. She got a free vaca to Portugal (and everywhere else), doesn't have to put up with that stupid FS nonsense where she has to admit Colton is still a virgin after spending the night with her. Yeah, I'd say she comes out the winner in this situation. Maybe even next B-ette based on her not even getting a FS date.

Is it confirmed that Cassie's date actually occurred before Hannah's? I know they sometimes film in a different order than they end up showing the dates.

If her date really did happen after, yikes. There's no way there's an engagement at the end of this unless A. Cassie returns or B. someone got engaged without full information and is now feeling like quite the fool. 

As for Cassie's dad, it's a little hard to take anything he says seriously when he's participating in this farce to the point of a fake "surprise" visit to another country. But agree with the posters above that he's warped Cassie's view of relationships. I do think that part of his underlying concern is that Colton isn't what he considers good enough for Cassie. I'm not sure what he does for a living since his unremarkable NFL career is over, but I think Dad recognizes Cassie's potential to snag someone more successful.

If he says make love one more time  I swear to god.

It is the opposite of sexy the way he talks about sex

It really is. It also has a weird level of planning to it, like a teenage girl's dream board or something. "It'll be this and that and this is how I'll feel..." It makes me cringe.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

She’s one of those people with a degree and a good job who is actually dimwitted.

As a speech path myself, she may have the degree, but in almost all the US, you can't be a speech path without a Master's. Unless she was a child prodigy, it's unlikely she has completed all her coursework and is working in the field at 23.  I never understand why , especially lately, why they never discuss their professions when getting to know the B/B-ette.  Oh wait......dolphin, twin, free spirit...never mind...

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I imagine Dad's in on it, too.  They're probably expecting to be the new, Christian Kardashians.

Oh gosh...here’s hoping that territory already got covered by Sadie and the rest of the Duck Dynasty gang. And let’s not revisit 😐

I had to chuckle...one of the gals that works for me commented that she thought 23 was way too young for this show, then realized she was engaged at 23, married at 24 and had her first child at 26. I reminded her that the type of 23 year old that is hungry for Instagram fame and fortune is indeed too young for this show. Lol. Plenty of people get married and stay married at 23, but they usually have some maturity about them. Well, or are waiting for marriage and held out as long as they could. But again...not going on tv shows. 

Maybe my Midwest is showing though, hard to say. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Regarding Cassie's substitute teaching job, there's nothng wrong with it at all and I didn't intend to imply that there was. Heck, I've been a sub for years. The fact remains subs are poorly paid and are positioned at the very bottom of the education totem pole. Cassie could have proudly called herself an educator, though,  and it woudn't have been nearly the exaggeration that attempting to pass herself off as a speech pathologist is when she's apparently only had some experience along the way as an assistant to a speech pathologist. She strikes me as a young woman who hasn't yet figured out what she wants to do with her life and for now is making reality tv her occupation. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

As for Cassie's dad, it's a little hard to take anything he says seriously when he's participating in this farce to the point of a fake "surprise" visit to another country. But agree with the posters above that he's warped Cassie's view of relationships. I do think that part of his underlying concern is that Colton isn't what he considers good enough for Cassie. I'm not sure what he does for a living since his unremarkable NFL career is over, but I think Dad recognizes Cassie's potential to snag someone more successful

Maybe Colton’s not their kind of Christian.

But this just made me think about something.  Let’s say the family or Cassie told Colton about their “fame.” Maybe part of Colton’s attraction to Cassie is that he saw himself staying in Cali and joining the Christian reality show where he would talk about his virginity and other cool stuff. Maybe he saw Cassie as the right fit for his romantic AND career aspirations. Maybe he was planning to use her as a gateway just like she’s using him. WooooW. The layers to the Bachelor are deeper than the dark web.

The machinations of TPTB are the reason that Juan Pablo was one of my fav bachelors. He just didn’t care. JP kept telling the women that the journey wasn’t serious and then he wouldn’t tell women he was in love with them and took the ring, but wouldn’t call it an engagement. Chris H was so mad. I lol’d every time Chris would try to lecture JP about integrity and JP would just look at him blankly and reply, “Is okey.” JP, well played sir.

Speaking of Chris H, does he just sit outside in the car during every fantasy suite or was this a special case? Cause that was creepier than I expected of him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

So last time it was Becca's neanderthal ex showing up in Chile (?). This season it was Cassie's dad showing up in Portugal.  Next season will the front-runner's priest arrive in Sicily or wherever?

Ignore Father O'Malley there -- he wants to cast out your demons before we have all the sex.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Did anyone notice *how many* cameras they had during Cassie's dramatic walk-out? There was the one that went wonky as apparently the camera guy went to follow her-- then there seemed to be TWO left in the room showing Colton's despair from two different angles! How romantic all their interactions must be with three cameras in their face!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3