Type keyword(s) to search

MFAKM in the Media: Spoiler Alert - No Feet Have Actually Committed Murder

Continuing their excellence in programming standards, and because they apparently could not locate a morbidly obese clan of sister wives, TLC will premiere this show at some point in the near future. There was an extended preview of this show that was shown right after Dr Pimple Popper tonight. 

So, together with A&E's upcoming "The Toe Bro," that will make two shows on the air devoted to people with gross foot problems. 2019 sure is a magical time.

I haven't heard of "The Toe Bro", it does seem very strange that there would suddenly be two shows dedicated to just feet, are feet that interesting? It would seem like a limited subject to me.

I watched the preview & what I did find interesting is that one of the doctors is a young, black woman. You don't see too many (I can't think of any) people of color doctors on these type of shows, never mind also female. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, GaT said:

I haven't heard of "The Toe Bro", it does seem very strange that there would suddenly be two shows dedicated to just feet, are feet that interesting? It would seem like a limited subject to me.

I watched the preview & what I did find interesting is that one of the doctors is a young, black woman. You don't see too many (I can't think of any) people of color doctors on these type of shows, never mind also female. 

I found her to be very likeable and down to earth. The male surgeon came off though as a little too aware of himself and the camera, as in, "I'm ready for my closeup Mr. De Mille."

Edited by Kenzie
  • Love 1
On 3/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, Kenzie said:

I found her to be very likeable and down to earth.

Me too.  I just wish she didn't go by Dr. Ebonie.  I assume there are some male doctors who go by Dr. Firstname, but it's not prevalent, and I'd prefer a trailblazer or outlier like her to take advantage of all the authority she can get, but then I can see how a woman might want to offer a softer presence to her patients, but bristle that I can more clearly see a woman doing that than a man.  Argh.  It's all so complicated.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Me too.  I just wish she didn't go by Dr. Ebonie.  I assume there are some male doctors who go by Dr. Firstname, but it's not prevalent, and I'd prefer a trailblazer or outlier like her to take advantage of all the authority she can get, but then I can see how a woman might want to offer a softer presence to her patients, but bristle that I can more clearly see a woman doing that than a man. 

At least she calls herself Dr. Ebonie.  Dr. Pimple Popper often introduces herself just as "hi, I'm Sandra."
Is it a California thing?  My doctor is about half my age, but she never calls herself "Dr. Annabel."