Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: The Golden Child

• Start Topic

On 3/8/2019 at 4:41 AM, Danny Franks said:

I wasn't overly keen on the 'Boyle is really annoying but ends up being completely right and everyone congratulates him' resolution. It felt too much like something written for Gina.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:49 AM, Rinaldo said:

The difference being that it wasn't Gina. We know that Boyle is a good cop, so the resolution wasn't a falsification.

And it was earned because we could see how he set it up, with a clear plan and knowing how Terry and Holt would act.  And he wasn't mean about it for no reason, like Gina is.

ETA: 
my wife fell asleep the first time we watched (not a criticism of the show!), so we watched it again.  Her reaction to Amy's "Oooooooh nooooooo!" was worth the watch.  She doesn't know who Lin-Manuel is (I know, but I love her anyway!), so some of the jokes at his expense kind of went over her head, but she enjoyed it anyway. 

Edited by jhlipton
My wife's reaction
  • Love 4
On 3/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Actually, that Liz Lemon line was stolen from Joey Tribbiani on Friends.

THAT'S how much television I watch.

Fun fact: Robert Carlock wrote that joke on Friends AND 30 Rock! 

THAT'S how much TV I watch, lol. 

I have maybe watched this episode 6 times now. I wish they were in the habit of releasing blooper reels. I imagine this episode was a blast to shoot.

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 3
On 3/8/2019 at 8:04 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Lin-Manuel was great! Loved his and Amy's dance off. I was a little disappointed nobody dropped a Hamilton referenc because it would have been hilarious for him to use the "Sorry, I don't follow pop culture" to that.

LOL at the aborted undercover mission, only to find out that Rosa was the real undercover all along. Boyle is smarter than we take him for.

But they did kinda make a subtle Hamilton reference when Amy kept asking David to "take the shot" :P

• LOL 2
On 3/8/2019 at 9:31 AM, Sandman said:

I love this show so much. I think Holt's rundown of "the French parlour game, Charades" plus the Dead Elvis impression had me howling for two minutes straight.

I have been rewatching this show with my kids and the second part of that line, how everyone at the part figured out his charade was Elvis immediately was amazing