Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Giant Misfit

Drag Me Down the Aisle

Premieres March 9th on TLC starring alums from RuPaul's Drag Race (BeBe Zahara Benet, Thorgy Thor, Jujubee, and Alexis Michelle) helping a "nervous bride" plan her big day. 

YAY!

I really enjoyed this!  It was a nice twist on the bridal makeover show. Plus I'm not too far from Lancaster - PA Represent!  I'm quite familiar with all of the queens, and it was great seeing them outside of Drag Race. I think this was a one-off; hopefully they do more.  

• Like 1

I enjoyed this!  I think I liked it because the bride was a sweet no-drama girl. a   refreshing change from the attention-seeking, Instagram-posting, overly-made-up, fake tanned, hair-extension and breast-implanted spoiled woman-children on Say Yes to the Dress.

I also liked it as a one-of.  I would  watch again but I'm not sure if I would follow for a while series.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Is this a pilot?  I notice there aren't any more episodes scheduled. 

Yeah, it's a one-off. If it does well enough, they may make it a series. 

• Like 1

I was very skeptical of this idea (and to be honest, only truly LOVE Jujubee... I can handle Thorgy & Michelle, and BeBe doesn't ring my bell at all), and only DVR'd it to kind of hate watch it...
I ended up loving this show!

There wasn't a Super Special Message™ (Conservatives are Evil, Small Town Learns to Be Open Minded, etc), there was no hate shown (or edited in) by any family members, all 4 Queens were respectful and didn't show up in drag to the ceremony (I fully expected that, going into this).

Once I realized each Queen had a "specialty" it made sense for these 4 specifically to be there (Thorgy was a stretch, I think). All were respectful of those that came before (the dad, the florist, the mom) and included them in the day, rather than roll right over them.

There wasn't a lot of Crude Drag Humor, which was appreciated for the locale, the people, and the audience watching.

All in all, I'd give this a 9/10 and totally watch it again. Maybe a rolling group of 4 queens (all Bebe, all day is a bit much for me).

• Like 4

I really hope this becomes a series. I love Thorgy and Juju, and this combines two of my favourite things: drag queens and weddings.

However, I *hated* the red dress they gave the bride to wear for her rehearsal dinner. It looked awful on her.

Edited by Ciarrai

On 3/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, NJMom said:

New episode tonight.

No, same episode aired again. They didn't film more than one.

My DVR said new with a completely different story line than the first. Turned out to be the same one.