Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Harvey

chitowngirl

Sorry that we're losing the character of Robert Zane. He added some gravitas to the show and the law firm.

And we've discovered that there are some swear words that USA network will still bleep.

• Love 3

Okay, I obviously missed something important.  But I don't care enough to watch again.

Izzy gets mugged. Zane catches the perp, who is sent to prison and is killed.  Zane feels so bad that eight years later he schemes to lose his law license. 

Is Zane moving to Seattle also?  I guess when you're the father of a princess of England you don't need a law license.  Looking forward to Pearson.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rur said:

Sorry that we're losing the character of Robert Zane. He added some gravitas to the show and the law firm.

And we've discovered that there are some swear words that USA network will still bleep.

I watched in Canada, so nothing got bleeped.

And apparently, the ending was changed at the last minute. Speaking of swearing, Aaron Korsch tweeted that it was going to be a "f#$%storm", and he was right! https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/suits-creator-changed-season-8-finale-at-the-last-minute/

• Love 1
On 2/28/2019 at 12:09 AM, Valerie said:

That 120 seconds made up for 120+ episodes of will they/won't they bullshit. 

10 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Another year another POC gives up their law license to protect Harvey's ass. 

Seems to be a recurring theme with this show.  Also glad the WT/WT is finally over with.

This series has been a drag for quite some time.  Hopefully USA Network will air all final ten episodes in a row next season and tone it down with the exorbitant amount of drama and swearing.

Probably wishful thinking at this point.

• Love 1
(edited)

I watched about 15 minutes of the first show of the season and had enough. Thought I'd watch the final show to see if there had been improvement and sad to say after watching for 5 minutes it was SSDD.

It's sad that a show in the beginning that was so good morphed into something so pitiful.

Since I didn't watch the whole show what was the WT/WT moment ?

Edited by CaptainCranky
make addition
12 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

I watched about 15 minutes of the first show of the season and had enough. Thought I'd watch the final show to see if there had been improvement and sad to say after watching for 5 minutes it was SSDD.

It's sad that a show in the beginning that was so good morphed into something so pitiful.

Since I didn't watch the whole show what was the WT/WT moment ?

Harvey FINALLY fucking acknowledges that Donna's the one, and after some rather anvil-icious unspoken encouragement from Alex, Zane, and Samantha, goes over to her place. (BTW I'm obsessed with the Cold War Kids song that plays) They kiss, start undressing one another, cut to credits as she leads him to her bedroom, 100000 heads exploded on Twitter, and I personally loved every second of it. The whole Thomas (Donna's temporary bf that got caught up in all the legal BS this half of the season) situation is kind of up in the air, but Korsh said in an interview they cut out their breakup scene so... it's a bit messy and grey. We'll see how they deal with it.

All of the post-finale interviews are really promising and have me hyped for Season 9. I really hope they do this right and do it justice since Korsh has toyed with it for 123 episodes.

• Love 4

Why couldn't they just have Zane retire and go live at his farm upstate where he will roam in the fields with all of the other retired lawyers for a long long time

Then they could've make the big dramatic moment be Thomas looking through the door that Donna and Harvey left open and seeing the two of them making out like teenagers... or people in a medical drama.

Interesting solution.  Since breaking of attorney/client privilege is pretty straightforward, even I was able to follow how big the problem was that Harvey was facing.  The ongoing B-story with Samantha, Alex, and Robert seemed like exactly that, the B-story, but then they tied it to the main story and suddenly Harvey's problem (and Robert's career) both went away.

I'll miss Robert.  He could be a hardass, but he always seemed like he had just a few more scruples than the rest of them.  His decision mostly made sense, too.  He wanted out, and if he was gonna retire anyway, he figured he'd take one for the team on the way out.  I was thinking that it came out of left field, that it would've helped if he'd mentioned somewhere that he was thinking of retiring or otherwise getting out of the game, but that would've telegraphed the solution too much, and his and Alex's little scheme wouldn't have been the shocker that it was (to me anyway).  So instead a few flashbacks and other conversations pointed out how long he's been doing this, and the guilt he's been carrying for eight years.  That was actually the weakest part, to me, that that one thing eight years ago was what did it, but they did underscore it for us via his earlier conversation with Alex.  You can't change what happened, but you can keep trying to somehow make up for it.  This was his solution, and it was a noble one.

So now Samantha's gonna be left unchecked, which is kinda scary, but who knows?  Maybe someday she and Harvey will... nothing.  (Seriously though, WTF was that, Robert?)

12 hours ago, Orbert said:

Interesting solution.  Since breaking of attorney/client privilege is pretty straightforward, even I was able to follow how big the problem was that Harvey was facing.  The ongoing B-story with Samantha, Alex, and Robert seemed like exactly that, the B-story, but then they tied it to the main story and suddenly Harvey's problem (and Robert's career) both went away.

I'll miss Robert.  He could be a hardass, but he always seemed like he had just a few more scruples than the rest of them.  His decision mostly made sense, too.  He wanted out, and if he was gonna retire anyway, he figured he'd take one for the team on the way out.  I was thinking that it came out of left field, that it would've helped if he'd mentioned somewhere that he was thinking of retiring or otherwise getting out of the game, but that would've telegraphed the solution too much, and his and Alex's little scheme wouldn't have been the shocker that it was (to me anyway).  So instead a few flashbacks and other conversations pointed out how long he's been doing this, and the guilt he's been carrying for eight years.  That was actually the weakest part, to me, that that one thing eight years ago was what did it, but they did underscore it for us via his earlier conversation with Alex.  You can't change what happened, but you can keep trying to somehow make up for it.  This was his solution, and it was a noble one.

So now Samantha's gonna be left unchecked, which is kinda scary, but who knows?  Maybe someday she and Harvey will... nothing.  (Seriously though, WTF was that, Robert?)

The thing is, they would've had to have held a second hearing for Robert, they can't just go "ok bye your license is gone" - look at Michael Cohen for a RL example - took months for his license to get revoked - so Robert could've just voluntarily given up his license if he wanted to take it back in 10 or 15 years and be Columbo

Yeah, I was surprised when that one "judge" (or whatever you call him) just declared the Robert Zane could no longer practice law, his license was revoked, hearing adjourned.  That was as shocking as the move itself.  It makes sense that it doesn't work that way in real life.  Way too neat and tidy, but that's Suits for you.

• Love 1

Arg, this show. I know it makes no sense to some people why anyone keeps watching a show they don't enjoy at a certain level, but I still do, and Suits is on my list of "sticking it out to the bitter end, and thank God it's ending soon." I can't appreciate the writers' resolution of having another name partner give up their license for Harvey. It just came off as lazy to me, and they're the ones who painted themselves into this corner to begin with, so I give them less than zero credit for going back to that well. And I don't appreciate the concocted reasons as to why the partners made this sacrifice. I also don't appreciate that this mess is the impetus for Harvey and Donna finally stepping up the expression of how they truly feel about each other. Not that that's unrealistic, but it takes a lot of wind out of my sails in terms of being satisfied that it finally happened.

I get that they couldn't show a lot of things for time reasons, but in the beginning of s9, I need to see Donna show some immediate, significant, and long-lasting remorse about what her actions cost Robert (and Samantha by extension). I will reject any leaning into the rationalization that it was Robert's decision and he wanted to do it. Honestly, I need to see Donna step down in responsibility permanently (not something that they take back a few episodes later). She's all about how she earned and deserves the COO role, but ya know what? Even if she did once, she doesn't now. But knowing this show, that won't happen, and Donna will be back to all her "because I'm Donna" stuff.

I also need to see s9 open with Louis telling Harvey point blank, "If you think I would ever give up my license for your mistakes, we're not that good of friends and we never will be, despite how much I love you." And then Alex can be standing behind him, nodding.

The audience doesn't want this, but I personally want to see the series end with Harvey giving up his license, because he's finally learned to pay the consequences of his actions and his needs/desires aren't superior to someone else's.

• Love 4