Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E02: One of Us Is Going to Win

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

They aren't going to let anyone drown.   You could certainly pop an artery or something from moving those big heavy block puzzle pieces in the heat though.

I was about to say the same thing.  The scariest moments have been guys having what appeared to be cardiac episodes or being dehydrated and over exerting.  Digging in the sand is probably more dangerous than swimming in the ocean. 

• Love 7

I still have so many questions about the Island of Extinction.  It seems to me that it will present a considerable disadvantage to people, based upon how long they have to spend there.  Especially poor Reem, who will have suffered the longest and the most.  She was forced to start to build a shelter ON HER OWN.  She had to start a fire ON HER OWN.  She has dealt with complete isolation, and the mind games that come with it ON HER OWN.  The next person to show up (and all subsequent others) will never have to deal with those same circumstances.  They will have the luxury of having someone else there to talk to, make decisions, and help with physical tasks (building shelter/finding food/etc.)  Like someone else commented above, it will be like they are slowly forming their own little tribe.  To me, what would have been better, is if they each would have gotten sent to their own IOE, and were kept completely isolated from other people until whatever challenge is going to take place to offer one of them a chance to get back into the game.  That way, they each would have to face the same lonliness and physical struggles that Reem has had to from the beginning.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I believe that was Alicia and the neanderthals were Scot and Jason. I forgot which season but it was Aubry's first season and Michelle ended up winning. Tai was on that season, too.

caveman_3.jpg

Really?  Are you going to slander Neanderthals by comparing them to Scot and Jason?  Hasn't GEICO made them suffer enough?

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, cowgirlwen said:

I still have so many questions about the Island of Extinction.  It seems to me that it will present a considerable disadvantage to people, based upon how long they have to spend there.  Especially poor Reem, who will have suffered the longest and the most.  She was forced to start to build a shelter ON HER OWN.  She had to start a fire ON HER OWN.  She has dealt with complete isolation, and the mind games that come with it ON HER OWN.  The next person to show up (and all subsequent others) will never have to deal with those same circumstances.  They will have the luxury of having someone else there to talk to, make decisions, and help with physical tasks (building shelter/finding food/etc.)  Like someone else commented above, it will be like they are slowly forming their own little tribe.  To me, what would have been better, is if they each would have gotten sent to their own IOE, and were kept completely isolated from other people until whatever challenge is going to take place to offer one of them a chance to get back into the game.  That way, they each would have to face the same lonliness and physical struggles that Reem has had to from the beginning.  

It will probably be hardest on Reem, but shouldn't there be a disadvantage to being the first person voted out?  I'm sure Reem would prefer the disadvantage of being there the longest to being totally isolated for her time there and having the others suffer the same isolation.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I think his remark about losing challenges was that they would lose with or without him anyway.

2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I am not sure if Keith meant they couldn't win challenges without him, because they would miss his spectacular athletic prowess.  I think he might have meant it more like, "Manu was going to keep losing with or without me, so why not get rid of a threat."

This is what I am sure he meant as well, he just messed up his words a bit lol. There's no way he was saying they wouldn't be able to win without him. Come on now! He never once showed that much of a lack of self awareness.

I enjoyed this ep. It had so many funny moments.

I thought Victoria might be a surprisingly awesome player based on her very brief screen time in the premiere, but that's basically out the window now. What a dumb ass lol. "We should baby sit the boys more then!" Fuck me!

I love Chris so much. First of, wowza, but also he seems so thoughtful and just different than I expected him to be. He needs to stay away from Wardog though. I find Wardog (ugh I keep typing Wartdog lol) immensely hilarious, but still.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is what I am sure he meant as well, he just messed up his words a bit lol. There's no way he was saying they wouldn't be able to win without him. Come on now! He never once showed that much of a lack of self awareness.

I enjoyed this ep. It had so many funny moments.

I thought Victoria might be a surprisingly awesome player based on her very brief screen time in the premiere, but that's basically out the window now. What a dumb ass lol. "We should baby sit the boys more then!" Fuck me!

I love Chris so much. First of, wowza, but also he seems so thoughtful and just different than I expected him to be. He needs to stay away from Wardog though. I find Wardog (Ugh I keep typing Wartdog lol) immensely hilarious, but still.

I still like Victoria a lot.  I don't think everyone needs to obsess about searching for idols.  

I also like Chris and was hoping he would flip and vote out Kelley.  But, realistically, I think he is better off sticking with The Warthog, because:

a) He has a close relationship with him.

b) He can use The Warthog as his meatshield, more successfully than the reverse.  The nice, not bossy physical threat, who doesn't refer to himself by his nickname, in the third person,  can hide behind the sort of obnoxious and bossy threat, that does, much more easily than the reverse.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I think the votes are going to be replaced with a shot of the person/people on extinction island waiting for a potential new arrival.

They showed the votes in the first episode, the preview part can always include shots of someone at extinction island anyway.  I'm hoping this isn't a regular feature.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still like Victoria too, but she's an idiot lol. Honestly, she mostly just seems like she'll play a passive game. I really hope not though.

I don't think she is an idiot.  She picked up on Aubry's "I'm just like you, let's have a dialogue." BS.  She was also was valedictorian in college with a 4.0, and listed as one of her pet peeves, her guinea pig, named, "peeve".  That is what won me over. :)

I think she has the potential to play a slightly under the radar, great strategic and social game, where nobody realizes what a big threat she is, until it is too late.    

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think she is an idiot.  She picked up on Aubry's "I'm just like you, let's have a dialogue." BS.  She was also was valedictorian in college with a 4.0, and listed as one of her pet peeves, her guinea pig, named, "peeve". 

Everyone picked up on Aubry's bs because it was painfully obvious. Being a valedictorian doesn't mean you're not an idiot in some ways lol. I'm sorry, but I'm never gonna think, "Let's baby sit the guys more then!" wasn't stupid. It made her sound so, I don't know, just passive. I can't deal with passive players like that. The pet peeve thing is awesome though and that's part of why I'm still holding on. I suspect I'll like her as a person, but not as a player.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: And I forgot her "I wouldn't even know how to look for an idol" thing. I mean!

I get it.  But just like not everyone can swim, or excel at physical tasks, or do puzzles, not everyone has the patience and instincts to be an idol hound.   

Also, I have seen other seasons where instead of everyone going idol hunting, they kept an eye on those who seemed to be looking for them.  

In one of Coach's seasons, I remember them ostracizing one woman for going idol hunting early on while they were working on the camp.  

I recall Boston Rob (I think in Redemption Island) pretending he was constipated and taking a dump in the woods to search for an idol.

In a successful tribe, with a positive, cooperative vibe going on, like Kama seems to have so far, I could see a more defensive strategy of keeping other from looking for idols making sense.   

Edited by Bryce Lynch
6 hours ago, piewarmer said:
11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

She put it in the sand. Wet sand. I wondered if the tide would take it out or uncover it.

I was wondering the same. Hmmm, I wonder what made that sand wet...and whether it might return, maybe even on a regular schedule.

The sand had to have been wet from the tide receding.  We got a long clip of her prattling on about her love of Wentworth  and excitement over finding an idol.  I saw this as a prelude to high tide taking it away or exposing it for another to 'find.' 

Edited by Bucket
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

They showed the votes in the first episode, the preview part can always include shots of someone at extinction island anyway.  I'm hoping this isn't a regular feature.

The first episode had a section showing Reem going to extinction island because she was the first person to do so. There was no one waiting for her there. Last night we did not see Keith's choice and we were shown Reem wondering if someone would arrive. I suspect that more people will be happy to see the extinction island shots be kept brief and not interfere with the main game play time. This probably means that we will see a little at the beginning and then a bit more during the time that they traditionally show the votes.

There are a good number of people who do not watch the previews for the next episode or the vote count. That was moved to after a short commercial break because people complained that the previews were spoilers ages ago. Survivor Production knows that there is a good number of viewers who do not watch that section and probably are not worried about showing the votes.

There is evidence for this practice on this site, previews cannot be discussed in the main thread and a decent number of people don't watch them. They have their own topic.

1 minute ago, Bucket said:

The sand had to have been wet from the tide receding.  We got a long clip of her prattling on about her love of Wentworth  and excitement over finding an idol.  I saw this as a prelude to high tide taking it away or exposing it for another to 'find.' 

It is also possible the sand was wet from rain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

They can at least wander down the path and look around.  There have been times when all it took to find an idol was to look up.

As for Keith and his lack of swimming skills, I didn't mind that half as much as his just standing aside doing nothing when everyone else was struggling to lift the snake out of the water.  I heard someone beg him to lend a hand. 

Keith seems like a very sweet guy but I don't think he has the self-assurance to step up and do things, as they say in the military, "with little or no supervision."  Even his swimming problem is probably born of lack of trust in himself so he panics and fights the water.  He just needs more age and experience.

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, cowgirlwen said:

I still have so many questions about the Island of Extinction.  It seems to me that it will present a considerable disadvantage to people, based upon how long they have to spend there.  Especially poor Reem, who will have suffered the longest and the most.  She was forced to start to build a shelter ON HER OWN.  She had to start a fire ON HER OWN.  She has dealt with complete isolation, and the mind games that come with it ON HER OWN.  The next person to show up (and all subsequent others) will never have to deal with those same circumstances.  They will have the luxury of having someone else there to talk to, make decisions, and help with physical tasks (building shelter/finding food/etc.) 

I'm not so sure. I'm open to the idea that each person opting back in gets their own Private Edge of Extinction, without contact from the others.

Reem is still at a disadvantage that she is the longest out there, unless there is some equalizer before they Battle Back (TM Big Brother-Moonves) or whatever they have to do to get back in the game.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, JudyObscure said:

They can at least wander down the path and look around.  There have been times when all it took to find an idol was to look up.

As for Keith and his lack of swimming skills, I didn't mind that half as much as his just standing aside doing nothing when everyone else was struggling to lift the snake out of the water.  I heard someone beg him to lend a hand. 

Keith seems like a very sweet guy but I don't think he has the self-assurance to step up and do things, as they say in the military, "with little or no supervision."  Even his swimming problem is probably born of lack of trust in himself so he panics and fights the water.  He just needs more age and experience.

I didn't notice him slacking off in the snake carrying, but that is much worse than him not being able to swim.

I also don't get why he stepped up for ring toss and kept going when he was so bad at it.

That said, I also question why The Warthog DIDN'T step up and do the ring toss.  For such a macho badass, he sure knows how to hide in the background and let others take the blame.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

She put it in the sand. Wet sand. I wondered if the tide would take it out or uncover it.

I wondered if someone else would find it and, not realizing she had hidden it, assume it was theirs to use??  Very strange tactic.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Julia67 said:

I wondered if someone else would find it and, not realizing she had hidden it, assume it was theirs to use??  Very strange tactic.

Oh yes.  If someone did find it there is no way they would even suspect someone else hid it. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Oh yes.  If someone did find it there is no way they would even suspect someone else hid it. 

What would happen if someone dug it up, thought it was up for grabs and held onto or tried to play it?  Would production immediately tell the person who found it that it was taken and then secretly get it back to Lauren?  

• Love 1

I was cackling with glee in my living room at the thought that they were going to send Kelley Wentworth to IoE, only to find Reem there.  Survivor bitches, why do you deny me!?  It might actually be even better to see her have to make common cause with Reem and Keith, should she be voted out next!

I was getting so uncomfortable watching Keith playing the game.  He did seem like a good kid, and smart, but he just didn't really know how to talk to anyone.  And he also wasn't helping himself at TC with his cockiness (possibly a smokescreen).  Finally, I couldn't abide his begging god for a sign about IoE, but I also think the editors put his pleas on repeat as the credits rolled which made him look even stupider.

Interesting that Joey Amazing swapped out with other-guy on the ring toss so that other-guy could "win" the game with the final toss.  Smart move there.

I like that Wendy is showing herself to be a gamer.  Victoria is adorbs, despite wearing the obligatory Gen-Z winter toque.

Chris is a new favorite (not just for the eye candy), and I'm also liking Ron Burgundy.  I find his dad-bod comforting.  Don't judge.

The editors totally smoked Aubrey.  I like Aubrey, but she's not doing herself any favors this time around.  Interesting that David might be the longest lasting of the returnees.  If they're smart, they'll use Joe to win team immunity and jettison him before the merge so he can't go on an Individual Immunity run.

Who is this fox-faced young guy with the pineapple aloha shirt?  Is he new?

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'm not so sure. I'm open to the idea that each person opting back in gets their own Private Edge of Extinction, without contact from the others.

Reem is still at a disadvantage that she is the longest out there, unless there is some equalizer before they Battle Back (TM Big Brother-Moonves) or whatever they have to do to get back in the game.

I would love that but logistically it is not possible. You would have to find the various locations, provide a similar set up (ship hull and sails and flint) with similar levels of coconut production and the like. Plus, part of what is going to be interesting is too see how many people might stay or leave because they are soooooo annoyed with Reem and her mothering.

54 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I didn't notice him slacking off in the snake carrying, but that is much worse than him not being able to swim.

I also don't get why he stepped up for ring toss and kept going when he was so bad at it.

That said, I also question why The Warthog DIDN'T step up and do the ring toss.  For such a macho badass, he sure knows how to hide in the background and let others take the blame.

Dan is annoying. Between giving himself a nickname, speaking in the third person, and then not stepping up to try and help in the challenge. Give the ring toss a try lame ass. Maybe you will be good at it.

Don't like Dan. He is the type of player I strongly dislike. I am cool and better then you and deserve your respect but I can't try the ring toss.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

The first episode had a section showing Reem going to extinction island because she was the first person to do so. There was no one waiting for her there. Last night we did not see Keith's choice and we were shown Reem wondering if someone would arrive. I suspect that more people will be happy to see the extinction island shots be kept brief and not interfere with the main game play time. This probably means that we will see a little at the beginning and then a bit more during the time that they traditionally show the votes. 

There are a good number of people who do not watch the previews for the next episode or the vote count. That was moved to after a short commercial break because people complained that the previews were spoilers ages ago. Survivor Production knows that there is a good number of viewers who do not watch that section and probably are not worried about showing the votes.

There is evidence for this practice on this site, previews cannot be discussed in the main thread and a decent number of people don't watch them. They have their own topic.

I never watch previews either and don't like to be spoiled on them as I think they are for casual fans or spoiler people.  But if they think some extinction island shots shouldn't be in the main highlights then I wonder why they are bothering with it.  And with the gameplay the voting is really quite important, an integral part even.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:
1 hour ago, Bucket said:

What would happen if someone dug it up, thought it was up for grabs and held onto or tried to play it?  Would production immediately tell the person who found it that it was taken and then secretly get it back to Lauren?  

I think, unless it's on their person or in their personal effects, it's fair game.

• Love 4

I assume they would tell them to put it back as it had been taken.

On Keith - he can swim, he's just slower than all the others.  If he couldn't swim at all his tribe would automatically lose some challenges, so I doubt someone like that would be put on Survivor.

• Love 3

I doubt production would get involved.  It isn't like she hid it in her personal effects and someone rifled through to find it.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bucket said:

I doubt production would get involved.  It isn't like she hid it in her personal effects and someone rifled through to find it.  

But, in that case, the person would know it already belonged to Lauren, and that the rules say they can't take it.  I would be great information to have, but nothing else.

If someone finds Lauren's idol, thinking it was up for grabs, and production did not interfere, they would keep it, hide it, think it was theirs and take it to TC.  Lauren would then not have access to it, though it still belongs to her.

I think production would have to intervene in one way or another.  I think the question would be whether the 2nd person to find it, or the rest of the tribe would be told who it belongs to, or if the 2nd person would simply be told it was spoken for and it would be discreetly returned to Lauren.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I assume they would tell them to put it back as it had been taken.

On Keith - he can swim, he's just slower than all the others.  If he couldn't swim at all his tribe would automatically lose some challenges, so I doubt someone like that would be put on Survivor.

Just telling them that it was taken and to put it back would make a lot of sense.  That way Lauren wouldn't know it was discovered, and the finder wouldn't know who it belonged to, but they might be able to find out if they staked out the spot were it was buried.   The second finder could then have the option of deciding who to share the info about an idol being found with.   

It would probably the minimal amount of interference by production.  Of course, this assumes production was around when the idol was found for the 2nd time.    

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Just telling them that it was taken and to put it back would make a lot of sense.  That way Lauren wouldn't know it was discovered, and the finder wouldn't know who it belonged to, but they might be able to find out if they staked out the spot were it was buried.   The second finder could then have the option of deciding who to share the info about an idol being found with.   

On another version of Survivor (I don't want to spoil which one and what season) you did actually have someone hiding an immunity idol and someone else finding it, and that annoyed some of the audience as they thought it was against the rules.  It did result in a very interesting storyline though.

15 minutes ago, Bucket said:

I am almost certain that once an idol is found, it belongs to the finder, unless they give it away.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Also, I have seen other seasons where instead of everyone going idol hunting, they kept an eye on those who seemed to be looking for them.  

One thing I've never understood is why there's a big stigma about idol-searching, to the point that people have to do it surreptitiously. There's nothing underhanded or shady about it. It's an integral part of the game. 

Why doesn't someone just stand up and say, "I'm going idol-searching, guys! Who's with me?" 

I seem to remember a past season where a big group was out openly searching. To me, that makes sense. Of course, then if you find it, everyone probably knows. That's the drawback. But there are still ways to use it to your advantage. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

One thing I've never understood is why there's a big stigma about idol-searching, to the point that people have to do it surreptitiously. There's nothing underhanded or shady about it. It's an integral part of the game. 

Why doesn't someone just stand up and say, "I'm going idol-searching, guys! Who's with me?" 

I seem to remember a past season where a big group was out openly searching. To me, that makes sense. Of course, then if you find it, everyone probably knows. That's the drawback. But there are still ways to use it to your advantage. 

I think it depends upon the tribe dynamics.  Sometimes when a tribe gets along and is winning challenges, people feel like an idol will be disruptive.   

• Love 4
15 hours ago, LanceM said:

Also hiding it in the jungle as opposed to hiding it in her bag where someone could find it is also very smart.

Is it though? What if it rains really hard? I am willing to bet this idol is never to be found again.

Once again I disagree with the decision they made to keep Kelly. I am stunned that people are actually willing to work with any returning player. So stupid.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I am a little disappointed in how they present the choice.  Instead of "This way to continue, that way to end your adventure", it should be more like, "If you are willing to go through Survivor hell to stay in the game, get on the boat.  If you want to get a hot shower, a comfortable bed, and all the food you want, go to the right."

Josh Wiggler got to stay on the IOE for a while and he described the experience in RHAP for anyone interested. He said that that place is made to create drama, people fighting, people being miserable. He said there is literally nothing to do.

• Useful 3
12 minutes ago, himela said:

Is it though? What if it rains really hard? I am willing to bet this idol is never to be found again.

That would amuse me more than anything we've seen so far this season. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

I think, unless it's on their person or in their personal effects, it's fair game.

It is fair game if not in the possession of the person who found it. She should have stuck it in her bikini top.

Keith in the operating room:

”Wait... do I cut here? Or over there” Oh God... oh God... oh God....”

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, EllenB said:

So far I think I still like Wendy, but I have a sneaking feeling that she's been told one time too many how adorable and quirky she is.  

Not getting that impression at all. She's pretty serious/stoic/focused.  Rarely smiles or tries to be outwardly friendly.  She seems so down to business.  And that business is getting Kelley TFO.  I like Wendy so far!  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

Every time I see Dan "War Dog' written down, my mind transforms it to 'Warthog'. 

I liked Keith until we see his pleading to God/Jesus/Whoever about deciding to stay or go.  Seriously dude, I doubt any god gives a shit if you play on a reality TV show or not.  However, it was good to see a weaker MALE player get the boot.  They are always kicking off perceived weak female players super fast. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Sandra was not good at challenges at all (her poor swimming ability lost her team a reward), but she was also on two tribes in her two winning seasons that lost very infrequently, so she didn't visit tribal council as much, where her lack of challenge prowess might've come up in a vote. Instead, her perceived weakness helped rather than hurt her on a merged tribe.

Man, I love Sandra. The original Survivor badass.

Thank you.  I appreciate your wealth of knowledge here.  Point for me in the swimming debate!

5 hours ago, marys1000 said:

They aren't going to let anyone drown.   You could certainly pop an artery or something from moving those big heavy block puzzle pieces in the heat though.

I think Other Russell in the Samoa season was knocked unconscious and had to leave the game in one of those blindfold challenges, which may have involved a puzzle, I don't know.  Either way I agree with your point, the puzzles can be just as dangerous.  

I wonder if Bikini Girl (Lauren?) resists wearing more clothes than she legally is allowed to on CBS and would rather hide her idol than keep it on her person.  LOL.  I personally wouldn't walk around like that but I don't have the body, or the body confidence.  I think I'd be scared I'd forget the hiding spot or someone would see me digging around to find it, and panicking and sweating when I couldn't also.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

Every time I see Dan "War Dog' written down, my mind transforms it to 'Warthog'. 

I liked Keith until we see his pleading to God/Jesus/Whoever about deciding to stay or go.  Seriously dude, I doubt any god gives a shit if you play on a reality TV show or not.  However, it was good to see a weaker MALE player get the boot.  They are always kicking off perceived weak female players super fast. 

Technically, it's "The War Dog". Discuss.

• LOL 1

Count me in as someone who is peeved that Wardog didn't help more in the challenge. Of course, I think something like a ring toss - not physically impossible for anyone - should be a 5 tries or until you get one, then the next person goes. So every tribe member has to buck up and try it. Not hide behind the scenes, you weenie!

My DVR has been acting up lately and cutting off the very end - I didn't know they didn't show any more of Keith's indecision or who they voted for. Huh, just when you count on a show having a formula.

I like Aubrey in her first season (she played again?) but she seems to be overplaying a bit now. Relax, girl, it needs to be more natural, like this, "We're not gonna fall for no banana in the tailpipe."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Bucket said:

Here's hoping (my earlier question was rhetorical)!  My dog was confused by my sudden outburst of "Really?  IN THE WET SAND???"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

is fair game if not in the possession of the person who found it. She should have stuck it in her bikini top.

When I watched the scene I thought the same thing, but then when I looked at what she was wearing, I couldn't picture how she could possibly do it without it being immediately obvious to everyone. 

For now, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, that she was smart enough to bury it where she could find it again. I know the sand looked wet but maybe that was from the rain, not the tide. I'd go back and rewatch the scene but... I can't be bothered. We're going to find out either way. But she didn't seem dumb enough to bury it below the tide line. Time will tell. 

• Love 2

Isn't the deck stacked against the blue tribe from the beginning?  I don't see them winning any physical challenges at all.  By far their strongest player physically is the young good looking guy with the tattoos (apparently his name is Chris).  The serial killer eyes guy ("The Wardog" ugh) looks like he should be strong but he didn't seem like he did a whole lot.  Then of the other men... let's see.  Fat middle-aged anchorman, skinny as a toothpick middle-aged David Wright, and all around weakling and scaredy cat Keith.  I don't know much about the women in terms of physical strength.  There was Reem who thinks she is strong.  Wendy who is not strong at all.  Kelley who thinks she is strong because she is a Survivor badass.  Is there one or two others?  Don't know them.

On the other hand, the yellow tribe has Joe, who probably counts as two, and the strong mid 30ish guy who also tossed rings.  They seemed to have no issues with their snake and weren't slowed down by someone like Keith.  Will be interesting to see how Blue does without the dead weight that is Keith.

Keith's "oh my God.  Help me.  I need a sign" over and over.  Uber irritating.  Should it really be a choice?  Just go stage right and quit already.

17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Wait, now Rick gets the last name treatment?  What makes him so special?

Which one is Rick?  Is that the anchorman?  I could have sworn his name is "Kevin".  Isn't that what Jeff was calling him?  I find him very irritating and I disliked him instantly in the first episode.  Kudos to commentator on the Jared Fogle comparison.  I thought the same last episode, but this episode he took his shirt off, and.... yeah.  He claimed he has a "dad bod" and as I mentioned in the thread for the first episode, there's a big difference between a dad bod (used to be in shape and let go a little bit, but can still tell the guy is or was once strong) versus being flat out overweight.  This guy is in the latter category.

17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'll debate it.  The show isn't Outswim, Outdive, Outfloat.   We all know that swimming is NOT the deciding factor on this show or else my beloved Dolphin Boy Ozzy Lusth would have won at least once instead of zero out of four times.  

Is Sandra, the objectively Best Player of All Time, even an accomplished swimmer?  I don't remember her winning physical challenges but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think the show is all about swimming but if you can't swim you are going to perceived as weak because at some point, you need to be able to swim to do OK in challenges.

17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

How many people are you thinking of?  Keith can SORT of swim.  He wasn't like Osten, the only other person I can think of who fits this description, from 4000 seasons ago.  

I seem to think that Bossy Natalie from last season also could barely swim.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

[The HII] is fair game if not in the possession of the person who found it.

Not true.  Per the rules from the Survivor Wiki, as noted in the pinned Survivor Info thread here:

Hidden Immunity Idols are considered "personal items," and thus cannot be stolen from its owner, as stated in the Survivor Rulebook. If the owner hides his or her idol for safekeeping and someone else finds it, whoever finds the already-found idol may not take it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

We're going to find out either way. But she didn't seem dumb enough to bury it below the tide line. Time will tell. 

It's nothing against her but I not-so-secretly hope she's a Bad Hider as I'd like to watch that play out.

Edited by piewarmer
spelling, yo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2