Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E02: One of Us Is Going to Win

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

So we’re gonna get cliffhangers this season as to whether the person goes to IOE now?  Or just when the ousted castaway wasn’t a shocking boot?

Good one producers, in pretending that Kelley was in any real danger.  I knew tonight was a very ‘meh’ episode as I found myself agreeing with Wardog of all people about targeting Keith for being a liability.  He actually made good points after the challenge and at TC.  But how exciting would IOE been had Kelley and Reem been out there together, alone?  I’d pay to see that.  Everyone would be let in on the twist this season from the fireworks and screaming that suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

Until they showed them talking to each other, I would have bet my mortgage that Eric and Gavin were the same person.

I’m honestly still not convinced they aren’t.

Lauren’s role models are Parvati and Kelley and therefore I’m all set with Lauren kthanxbye.

Where did Chris come from?  Why did I not see this beautiful boy before tonight?!?  He should attend all Tribal Councils from now on even in seasons he’s not on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
Just now, LadyChatts said:

So we’re gonna get cliffhangers this season as to whether the person goes to IOE now?  Or just when the ousted castaway wasn’t a shocking boot?

Good one producers, in pretending that Kelley was in any real danger.  I knew tonight was a very ‘meh’ episode as I found myself agreeing with Wardog of all people about targeting Keith for being a liability.  He actually made good points during after the challenge and at TC.  But how exciting would IOE been had Kelley and Reem been out there together, alone?  I’d pay to see that.  Everyone would be let in on the twist this season from the fireworks and screaming that suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

And now I want to see that showdown.

Did Keith imply that there was no way the tribe would win challenges since they voted him out?  Um…evidence points that their chances increase without him there.

Just now, mojoween said:

Lauren’s role models are Parvati and Kelley and therefore I’m all set with Lauren kthanxbye.

Didn't she say that they were her role models when she was a kid?  How old is she, anyway?  Because Wentworth only played for the first time what, four years ago?  Five at most??

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

All I could think was Lauren will aspire to be the new Natalie Bolton and Kelley be her Parvati.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6

Jeff practically campaigned for Keith to be voted off. He can’t swim, he sucked at the challenge. Maybe he had a point but I was hoping Keith would have gotten a second chance. 

Not being a fan of returning players I would have been fine with Kelley getting voted off.

So are all the voted off players going to just hang around  on the Edge of Distinction...until when? How long? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Loved the montage of Aubry saying the same things to each member of her tribe.

As someone who hates that way too many idols and advantages in this game I apprciate Victoria's "oh whatever" attitude regarding idol hunts.

Very impressed with Lauren tonight. The fact that she is keeping her idol secret from her "role model" tells me her haed is in tis game. Also hiding it in the jungle as opposed to hiding it in her bag where someone could find it is also very smart.

Nice try editors but the Keith boot was obvious,

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

Wait, now Rick gets the last name treatment?  What makes him so special?

I was sad to see Keith go.  Horrible at challenges, but he’s one of the few newbies I was rooting for this season.  The premiere was promising, but tonight reminded me (again) why I hate these newbie/returning player combo seasons. 

Someone else besides Joe was the hero in the challenge?!

This is going to be the David/Joe/Kelley/Aubry show, but that aside, I’m finding most of these newbies hard to root for. 

Never in a million years would have expected Lauren to find the idol.  Or any of the newbies.  I figured Jeff was hiding in the trees and would drop it as Kelley or David went by (and Joe on the other side).  But hey, probably looks less suspicious to have Lauren find it and use it on Kelley if needed than Kelley magically finding it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

That Ron Clark is quite a cheerleader and choreographer. I like Victoria's (Miss Baa) glasses.  Aubry is very condescending in a pleasant way, assuming people feel flattered that they remind her of herself.  Interesting how Julie is voices what's been said on the boards here - how men search for idols and women don't. Maybe she posts here...

Idol searchers, don't forget to look up! And Lauren finds it for Manu! I hope she can find it again, she smoothed that dirt down pretty good.

Watching the immunity challenge, this season is kind of a replay of David vs. Goliath. Guess who's David and guess who's Goliath!d

Keith is so diplomatic at tribal council. I keep on hearing Jeff say "Devon" and wonder who he's talking to, but maybe he's saying "David." Or is that Rick's last name? If so, how does he rate?

If Kelley was voted out and went to Isle of Extinction, would she and Reem be best friends and form an alliance? Kind of weird, Keith was saying "Dang it!" over and over as he left tribal, but he can't decided whether to go to Extinction or leave the game. If he's so disappointed he's leaving, why doesn't he grab that flag and run for the boat?

Forgot to add - whenever I see Keith's name or hear it, I immediately think of Keith Nales, then "oh yeah, not that Keith!"

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 4
Just now, ByaNose said:

I didn’t need a cliffhanger. This isn’t Who Shot J.R.. We already have Extinction Island to deal with. Let’s move it along people.  

It's like when The Bachelor ends without a rose ceremony.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

We start with Reem on an emotional roller coaster.  Looks like she got some shelter and is going to tough it out.  Good for her.

Open Idol Hunt.  Oy  WentWorth  is scared of Wendy and seems to have annointed herself Queen of the Tribe.  David is right to be afraid of her.

BTW, wasn't Wentworth Mrs. Howell's maiden name? fwiw

Aubry says she wants to lay back, the editors immediately show her over playing, chatterboxing with everybody and them all comparing notes.  Oops!

Victoria is a stable genius.

Julie!  It's Survivor!  Sneaky is the game.

Time will tell how long Lauren keeps her idol from her "Idol" Kelly.  At least she claims she will cut her if she has to.  We'll see.

The Snake Challenge!  Love it!

Karma Chameleons win again. 

Warthog wants underperforming Keith out.  Keith is a sweet kid. Whatever.  Don't cry when Wentworth kicks your ass out.

Chris seems to have a good read on the game.

Ugh.  There is no point in having your cake unless you can eat it too.  Unless you can sell it on eBay or something.

I guess we have to wait until next week to see what God and/or Jesus decide what Keith should do.  Which will be exactly what Keith wants to do.  Funny how that works....

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

It was a logical decision, though getting rid of Wentworth also would have made sense. 

I felt bad for Keith, but after watching him agonize over whether to go to EOE, I was annoyed.

To me, if you even think about leaving the game that early, without even seeing what the option to continue is like, you probably should never have signed up for Survivor.

Also, he is a smart lad, so he should know that his Island Mom, Reem is probably there.

I am a little disappointed in how they present the choice.  Instead of "This way to continue, that way to end your adventure", it should be more like, "If you are willing to go through Survivor hell to stay in the game, get on the boat.  If you want to get a hot shower, a comfortable bed, and all the food you want, go to the right."

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

I'm trying to think if there's a Dan on Survivor I've actually liked. I didn't like Dan last season much, hated Dan from Worlds Apart and now this Dan (a.k.a. Wardog), who's like the love child of Dom and Tony, with his "I must control this vote, and if we're not doing what I'm doing, it's wrong."

Oh god, we're gonna get the "women don't find idols and I'm gonna tell you why" confessional every year now, aren't we? Angelina made a good point that turned out to be relevant to the plot. Julie I don't believe will find an idol, so it's like ... we get it, Survivor. We get it.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Loved the montage of Aubry saying the same things to each member of her tribe.

As someone who hates that way too many idols and advantages in this game I apprciate Victoria's "oh whatever" attitude regarding idol hunts.

Very impressed with Lauren tonight. The fact that she is keeping her idol secret from her "role model" tells me her haed is in tis game. Also hiding it in the jungle as opposed to hiding it in her bag where someone could find it is also very smart.

Nice try editors but the Keith boot was obvious,

Aubrey was really annoying to me.  It was funny watching how everyone knew she was running the same line of bull with just about everyone else.

I think Lauren not telling Kelley about her idol should put all the "power couple" talk here to rest, at least for now.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Eolivet said:

IOh god, we're gonna get the "women don't find idols and I'm gonna tell you why" confessional every year now, aren't we? Angelina made a good point that turned out to be relevant to the plot. Julie I don't believe will find an idol, so it's like ... we get it, Survivor. We get it.

And then, guess what? A woman finds an idol!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Eolivet said:

I'm trying to think if there's a Dan on Survivor I've actually liked. I didn't like Dan last season much, hated Dan from Worlds Apart and now this Dan (a.k.a. Wardog), who's like the love child of Dom and Tony, with his "I must control this vote, and if we're not doing what I'm doing, it's wrong."

Oh god, we're gonna get the "women don't find idols and I'm gonna tell you why" confessional every year now, aren't we? Angelina made a good point that turned out to be relevant to the plot. Julie I don't believe will find an idol, so it's like ... we get it, Survivor. We get it.

I was kind of surprised the editors did a back to back season analysis of why woman don’t find idols. Really?  I thought it was covered there and in the finale. 

• Love 1

So entirely predictable.  First, the " annoying" older woman.  Annoying in any way her teammates find her, always related to the fact that she is older.  Second, the black guy who cannot swim.  So, why did Survivor cast him?  Perhaps it was for an easy early cut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

(SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS) :  I LOVE THIS FREAKING SHOW!

So there are TWO really hot guys this season.  And one of them, well, let's just say...................... I've basically seen his entire body tonight.  All of the....... parts.  And I am fine with that.  hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.

I hate David's dirty underwear!  Blind me, please!

This was an AMAZING episode.  The editors DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGED Aubry and I was such a fan of hers in her original season!  It's hysterical, how wild the variation of how they treat her, from season to season!

The blue tribe really lied to my face and I bought it all hook line and sinker.  And there were literal sharks in this episode!

I'm loving the twist.  No idea when it comes into play, but I'm finding it HYSTERICAL.  It's like now I get to LOVE people being voted out - after I'm so sad about them being voted out, because I forget about the twist EVERY. SINGLE. TRIBAL COUNCIL!  LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I kind of hated those women who wouldn't look for an idol, but it's part of Survivor Sexism.  The guys know they get to run around and look for idols with impunity - or at least, cockily ACT like it- and the women are TERRIFIED about how it makes them look.  And probably, rightfully so!  It's fucked up!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I was kind of surprised the editors did a back to back season analysis of why woman don’t find idols. Really?  I thought it was covered there and in the finale. 

And we still don't know who the gatherers are.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, susannot said:

So entirely predictable.  First, the " annoying" older woman.  Annoying in any way her teammates find her, always related to the fact that she is older.  Second, the black guy who cannot swim.  So, why did Survivor cast him?  Perhaps it was for an easy early cut.

If you can’t swim you don’t belong on Survivor. I still can’t believe this even up for debate. 

• Love 15

“Come on, God! Come on, Jesus!” Come on what?! Why is Keith even pretending he needs divine intervention in order to make a decision? Annoying. I’m glad Kelley stayed. I like her matter-of-fact way of seeing the game. I’m not a fan of returning players in general but these 4 don’t bother me that much. I enjoy gamers.

• Love 17

I liked Wendy trying to build a consensus against Wentworth.  But, I HATED her "She's already had her chance" talk, in the confessional.

If you want to target returning player, great.  But, the "It's my turn" crap sound so entitled.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

If you can’t swim you don’t belong on Survivor. I still can’t believe this even up for debate. 

I'll debate it.  The show isn't Outswim, Outdive, Outfloat.   We all know that swimming is NOT the deciding factor on this show or else my beloved Dolphin Boy Ozzy Lusth would have won at least once instead of zero out of four times.  

Is Sandra, the objectively Best Player of All Time, even an accomplished swimmer?  I don't remember her winning physical challenges but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, susannot said:
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Agree. So, why does Survivor keep casting black people who can't swim?

The producers seem to revel in perpetuating this stereotype.  

20 years and counting.....

• Love 4

I think if I had just been voted out & was offered the Extinction option, unless I was pretty damn sure I could beat the other people who had already left the game, in some kind of challenge I mean, I'd just take the hint & go home ! Though some of that is based is seeing how miserable Reem is. Ah, who am I kidding-- I'd never last on Survivor anyway. It's a young person's game, for the most part. And that lets me out.

It's almost not fair that one team gets a "Joe" and not the other. He really owned the ring toss thing.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, susannot said:

Agree. So, why does Survivor keep casting black people who can't swim?

How many people are you thinking of?  Keith can SORT of swim.  He wasn't like Osten, the only other person I can think of who fits this description, from 4000 seasons ago.  

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'll debate it.  The show isn't Outswim, Outdive, Outfloat.   We all know that swimming is NOT the deciding factor on this show or else my beloved Dolphin Boy Ozzy would have won at least once instead of zero out of four times.  

Is Sandra, the objectively Best Player of All Time, even an accomplished swimmer?  I don't remember her winning challenges but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey, there's an idea for a theme.  Put Ozzy on a tribe of one and have him compete against 19 others.  My money's on the the Oz Man.

Speaking of Ozzy, why do I feel like if IOE was a thing in his respective seasons and he knew what it was, he'd beg to get voted off?  Aside from the challenges that whole experience seems much more up his alley.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

“Come on, God! Come on, Jesus!” Come on what?! Why is Keith even pretending he needs divine intervention in order to make a decision? Annoying. I’m glad Kelley stayed. I like her matter-of-fact way of seeing the game. I’m not a fan of returning players in general but these 4 don’t bother me that much. I enjoy gamers.

I feel like I'm starting to spot on reality shows where producers tell them to act undecided in case they want to use it.  On a different show a person was asked a yes or no question and said, "Weeeeelllll, ummmmmmmm, . . . . . yes," but they didn't go to commercial so it was so obvious.  I'm guessing Keith was told to act undecided and since he's no actor he doesn't know how to do it right 😄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

That's suppose to be a cliffhanger? Seriously?  Come on now.

Why do they keep bringing Aubry back? She has such a BLAH personality and is about as interesting as a wet blanket.

• Love 18
37 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

We start with Reem on an emotional roller coaster.  Looks like she got some shelter and is going to tough it out.  Good for her.

Open Idol Hunt.  Oy  WentWorth  is scared of Wendy and seems to have annointed herself Queen of the Tribe.  David is right to be afraid of her.

BTW, wasn't Wentworth Mrs. Howell's maiden name? fwiw

Aubry says she wants to lay back, the editors immediately show her over playing, chatterboxing with everybody and them all comparing notes.  Oops!

Victoria is a stable genius.

Julie!  It's Survivor!  Sneaky is the game.

Time will tell how long Lauren keeps her idol from her "Idol" Kelly.  At least she claims she will cut her if she has to.  We'll see.

The Snake Challenge!  Love it!

Karma Chameleons win again. 

Warthog wants underperforming Keith out.  Keith is a sweet kid. Whatever.  Don't cry when Wentworth kicks your ass out.

Chris seems to have a good read on the game.

Ugh.  There is no point in having your cake unless you can eat it too.  Unless you can sell it on eBay or something.

I guess we have to wait until next week to see what God and/or Jesus decide what Keith should do.  Which will be exactly what Keith wants to do.  Funny how that works....

No WENDY with her Obession with targeting Wentworth and ignoring how dangerous David can be Anointed her Queen. Kelly never said she was ruling the tribe. These people are fools David is just as dangerous maybe even more so. Wendy even said hes playing under the Radar. Well You idiot that is dangerous 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I liked Wendy trying to build a consensus against Wentworth.  But, I HATED her "She's already had her chance" talk, in the confessional.

If you want to target returning player, great.  But, the "It's my turn" crap sound so entitled.

Not to mention shes perfectly fine with the OTHER VET on her tribe. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Wait, now Rick gets the last name treatment?  What makes him so special?

I didn't even notice that. Every time I see him, he really does look so much like Jared Fogle that it creeps me out and I'm afraid I'll just start referring to him as Jared.  Ugh.

• Love 7

Well, I knew the minute Wardog was brought into the loop he would spoil the plan to get out the smugly overrated "Wentworth" which I still call BS on her getting last name treatment if there are no other Kellys around.

And Jeff I did not like throwing shade on Keith during the challenge. I'm too lazy to go back and watch a season 1 episode but I can almost guarantee he wasn't calling people out obnoxiously like that. It's like something my (annoying) ex-boss once told me... "I don't need you to editorialize"...well that's how I fell about Jeff putting targets on people's backs.

With that said though c'mon Keith what was with all the indecision? You were all just dang, dang, dang that you got voted out....and you have to think about it? Anyway, I haven't heard the word dang that much since Boomhower and KING OF THE HILL went off the air..dang oh, dang oh, dang oh **unintelligible** I'll tell ya whut.

Assuming he makes day 39 (highly unlikely) it will be interesting to see how much pudgy anchorman Clark Kent drops from around his middle.

And lastly, where did Pippi Longstocking's understudy come from...I don't remember seeing her at all last week!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Every time I see him, he really does look so much like Jared Fogle that it creeps me out and I'm afraid I'll just start referring to him as Jared.  Ugh.

I can't get past it at all. When he was scheming on the beach I literally said to myself "Well, lets get back and keep talking about this over a nice Subway sub!" It just popped in there.

They should have jumped when they had the chance to vote out Kelly.

32 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

And lastly, where did Pippi Longstocking's understudy come from...I don't remember seeing her at all last week!

Glad it wasn't just me! They tend to bring in new players swapping out ones that didn't test well or something.

"Wardog" has really odd sounding voice, it bothers me. As does his wearing a buff AND hat at the same time so the hat sits 90% off the top of his head. Visually and vocally annoying? Oh he's going to be around a long time, won't he? Dang it dang it dang it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I've forgotten most of this episode. I don't think it's boring, but I watched The Challenge and commented in a Facebook group, and that shit is way more interesting. I mean, Survivor totally has the higher ground because there's no constant boozing, fighting and fucking. I should start taking notes.

Reem's in a weird position. She probably figures that other booted folks will come, and might conclude that would have to fight to get back in the game. More company means more competition. On the other hand, if she goes without company for so long (camera crew does NOT count), she would feel like raising the Surrender Flag. At least Extinction Island gives us a unique twist . .. though it might wind up sucking in as little as a few weeks.

Poor Keith. His swimming was so bad, the most of the tribe booted him instead of taking sides with Kelly or Wendy. As for his dilemma cliffhanger? In terms of "God-bothering," I have seen worse.

Wendy's the one with purple hair AND tourette syndrome, right? Once again, I know that I should be taking notes.

• Love 1

The people on the Blue Tribe are almost naked - men walking around in only underwear - and the people on the OTHER tribe are wearing knits for goodness sakes.  The redheaded woman was wearing a TOQUE.... A TOQUE, something I'd only wear for negative temperatures, Celsius, and the woman who made the speech about how she doesn't understand idols was wearing a knit sweater!  Very weird.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

people on the OTHER tribe are wearing knits for goodness sakes.

Hah... I totally caught that I was thinking "Well at least I have a nice warm hat" usually doesn't enter into the game often... but then I also was waiting for someone to say 'Keith?? Can I have your jacket?' as he slung it over his shoulder on the way out so maybe the knits will come in handy?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Glad it wasn't just me! They tend to bring in new players swapping out ones that didn't test well or something.

Half these people looked totally unfamiliar to me. It doesn’t help that there are so many generic, young white dudes. Plus, for some reason, the closed captioning keeps covering all the names this season so I’ll probably learn everybody’s name some time close to the finale.

Wardog is bad enough but, this episode, he referred to himself as “the Wardog”. Just no.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'll debate it.  The show isn't Outswim, Outdive, Outfloat.   We all know that swimming is NOT the deciding factor on this show or else my beloved Dolphin Boy Ozzy Lusth would have won at least once instead of zero out of four times.  

Is Sandra, the objectively Best Player of All Time, even an accomplished swimmer?  I don't remember her winning physical challenges but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess it’s the part where said contestants act all indignant & are shocked that they are voted out because they sucked at challenges. If Chris hadn’t help swim to safety he would have drown then & there. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The people on the Blue Tribe are almost naked - men walking around in only underwear - and the people on the OTHER tribe are wearing knits for goodness sakes.  The redheaded woman was wearing a TOQUE.... A TOQUE, something I'd only wear for negative temperatures, Celsius, and the woman who made the speech about how she doesn't understand idols was wearing a knit sweater!  Very weird.

Yeah, the knit cap was very random. Was it a luxury item? I guess it helps if it rains. She looked very 70’s with the braids & knit cap. She looked cute but out of place with the location. 

• Love 2