Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

It was interesting to hear "journalist" and political commentator, Abby Huntsman,  say she didn't "even know what party that Chairman belongs to."  She was speaking of Rep. Elijah Cummings the Oversight Committee.  Let's figure out that one, Abby.

• The Democrats are in power in the House.  Does that give you a hint?
  • The Democrats called for the hearing.  Better?
  • Rep. Cummings is the ranking Democrat on that committee.  Any clue yet?
  • He became the Chairman.  These add up to your answer.

It was good of you to acknowledge (favorably) his comments at the end of the hearing.  

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

To Abby's credit, when they were praising her for catching Ivanka in a lie, she looked pretty uncomfortable. She knew she didn't really do anything.

And...aren't* she and her husband and the Kushners socially friendly?   I thought that's how she "actually" got the interview.  The current attention is probably embarrassing.

*Oops...maybe that should be in the past tense.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It was interesting to hear "journalist" and political commentator, Abby Huntsman,  say she didn't "even know what party that Chairman belongs to."  She was speaking of Rep. Elijah Cummings the Oversight Committee.  Let's figure out that one, Abby.

• The Democrats are in power in the House.  Does that give you a hint?
  • The Democrats called for the hearing.  Better?
  • Rep. Cummings is the ranking Democrat on that committee.  Any clue yet?
  • He became the Chairman.  These add up to your answer.

It was good of you to acknowledge (favorably) his comments at the end of the hearing.  

I'm giving Abby the benefit of the doubt in thinking she meant Mr Cummings' tone was nonpartisan, however that alone was exclude him from the Reps.

• Love 6
On 3/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, fishsanwitt said:

Today, I thought Meghan actually looked good. Hair up, but not tight braids. Volume - a throw-back to an older, classier style. From the side, it looked really beautiful. Also, I thought her outfit was flattering. 1940s schoolmarm, yes - but I really liked the look on her. 

Yes definitely school marm, but I thought the cut of the skirt flattered her, just get a diff top.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm from Eastern NC. My parents and grandparents grew up on farms where the women and men worked hard. I grew up with Hee Haw, The Nashville Network, and country music. Meghan is just a spoiled, tryhard, wannabe cowgirl. 

You know, I think it's a lost generation.  My grandmother lived in rural western NY state and whenever we visited it was Hee Haw or TNN.  To this day I have a fondness for Minnie Pearl at the Opry.  My Gma always liked Conway Twitty.  But you don't hear much after that generation.  OG country heehee.  Not this new tangled moderrrrrrn country, post Garth Brooks.  And then there's classics that can go back and forth, like Reba and Dolly.  And there you go, my thesis on the state of country music in diff generations.  And for the obligatory reference to the topic, yes I do agree MM gets her knowledge of country music from the movies. And that ain't even right LOL 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

You mean like this?

image.png.eb314833d4b4ce65ebc32c6e6b3d6716.png

I love Patsy!  Dam auto correct strikes again.  Let's try this, Ab.Fab ro.x!   Its killing my style hah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, UYI said:

SHE DID NOT. I would beat that bitch. Look at my avatar and you'll see why. (I'm a Tammy Wynette stan for LIFE.) 

(In all seriousness, though, I resisted country music for the longest time, but started to dig into its history around 2015 and fell in love with it; it all depends on what you find, I guess. Not to pressure you of course, but I post a lot in the country thread under the music forum if you're interested in checking it out.)

Damn. I'll bet I've been listening to country music for a MUCH shorter time than Meghan has, but I would probably wipe the floor with her on country trivia. Does she know anything about Lorrie Morgan, for example? I wish SO MUCH I could find out now!

That would be a good test to see if she or a mole keeps up with the list hah. To MM: are you familiar with Lorrie Morgan? I would seriously crack up if she answered on the show.

Edited by Tammee
fixed
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

Yes definitely school marm, but I thought the cut of the skirt flattered her, just get a diff top.

I've decided she's selecting tops that her husband FIERCELY admires.  Her breasts are always strapped in and HOISTED high.  She can't be comfortable (maybe that's why she's angry--it hurrrrrrts!).

She looks slimmer from the back than she does from the front, bless her heart.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I've decided she's selecting tops that her husband FIERCELY admires.  Her breasts are always strapped in and HOISTED high.  She can't be comfortable (maybe that's why she's angry--it hurrrrrrts!).

She looks slimmer from the back than she does from the front, bless her heart.

But she has a flat butt, poor thing.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, HaaCHOO said:

Amy Winehouse was known more for her "beehive."  Here's a nice photo of Amy--not her usual "rats' nest," but still nothing like Ms. Meghan's.

It's actually sad to see Amy W. like this.

AmyWinehouse.jpg.308e9d5526400c6407d71ffef29faadd.jpg

It is sad. Way too young.  S.n.L. once did a skit of Amy pulling everything but the kitchen sink out of her hair.  Don't remember if it was while she was still with us.  Would be poor taste otherwise.  I can see the impression for MM though

• Love 3
On 3/2/2019 at 1:32 PM, Tammee said:

I see more Rebel Wilson than Amy, to be fair it wasn't a rat's nest enuff for Amy (with all due respect)

Rebel Wilson would be a better co-host than Elsa 

• Love 4
On 2/26/2019 at 7:50 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hey! We have an editor bar where we can insert...🙄😒🤬

No need to insult Janice!🤪

Janice is the name of Meghan and Abby's friend. 

8 hours ago, Tammee said:

It is sad. Way too young.  S.n.L. once did a skit of Amy pulling everything but the kitchen sink out of her hair.  Don't remember if it was while she was still with us.  Would be poor taste otherwise.  I can see the impression for MM though

MadTV during it's original run did a skit like that in regards to the lead actress on Cold Case years ago when that show was still on. I've always remembered it because it was saying what I thought about the character in that show's hair too.  It sounds like SNL's Amy one was similar.

• Love 1
On 2/28/2019 at 10:19 PM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan doesn't even REALLY believe this.  it's a republican talking point, has been for as long as I can remember.  The Democrats want to KILL BABIES!  They want everyone to get abortions!   There are a lot of voters who are one-issue voters, and that is the issue that can get people riled up.  Meghan spitting out "dis GUST ing!"   while Sunny was talking was just about the worst moment of her tenure on The View.   

She has to know she's lying.  but, again, her lies are the exact same lies that the president is tweeting.  

New submission for the Meghan forum rename: Meghan McCain: Disgusting 

• Love 7
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, babyhouseman said:

I'm from Eastern NC. My parents and grandparents grew up on farms where the women and men worked hard. I grew up with Hee Haw, The Nashville Network, and country music. Meghan is just a spoiled, tryhard, wannabe cowgirl. 

I'm also from NC. My father and grandparents still watch Hee Haw in repeats. Tammy Wynette and Reba McEntire were my mother's favorite country artists and I know most of their songs by heart just from hearing them all the time growing up.

"Listening to country music" must be on the out-of-touch trustfund baby's How to Appear Like Someone From Middle America checklist, but, like every other time McCain lies or pretends to be something she isn't, it's instantly apparent she doesn't belong.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3