Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

This miserable, horrible excuse for a human being is the worst person to ever grace this stage.  She has not one positive attribute.  She brings nothing of value to the table.  Just her blue cards and vitriol.  Shame on ABC. 

My sentiments exactly, Cementhead. I read these comments every day and decide if I can stomach watching MM disgrace the show. Most of the time I decide to spare myself the anguish. I'm mystified how View ratings can continue to be high when she is so blatantly nasty and ignorant. I guess we live in the world of Trump and Meghan McCain where narcissistic, mean spirited and totally stupid people have been rewarded for their actions. It's so pathetic and leaves me sad and pessimistic about this world.

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Lmaoooooo @ Joy telling Meghan as she continues to rant about democrats and infanticide, "okay, okay we got it! Now we're talking about the Kardashians!" I don't even care about the Kardashians but that was great. Whoopi would never cut Princess NutMeg off like that. 

But seriously, Meghan is truly despicable, calling the Democrats the party of infanticide. She is a disgusting, terrible person and I can't stand her. That segment pissed me off so much.

Sorry, I disagree. While Whoopi gives McCain mostly an easy time, she can also shut a bitch down if she's really pissed. You can't tell me that she wouldn't have shut that "Infantacide" crap down faster and louder than Joy. That was just appalling.

• Love 20

I think Joy Behar is nothing but a high school mean girl, constantly making  faces at people whose opinions differ from hers, then saying some haughty dumbass thing as if she’s so superior.  I think Sunny is the dumbest one on the show.  Some of the things she says are so stupid I can’t believe my ears.  No wonder Barbara Walters is ashamed of how this show has turned out.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Abby is analyzing the tough situation the Bachelor is in going to the fathers of the contestants and hypothetically asking for their hands. You’re taking this crap much to serious. Why isn’t she horrified by such displays like she was with Gagga and Bradly ? I tried watching the Bachelor years ago and didn’t have to leave the room I had to change the channel because young women were actng so desperate. Bitsy Abby and these two love that show what’s the deal?     

Exactly! Abby gets so intense about the stupidest  stuff. The Bachelor is definitely on her intelligence level.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

LOL - I can't stand the Bachelor. MY BFF watches it religiously with her neighbor and they drink wine and laugh a lot. But for Abby to take it as a serious show is ridiculous. I hope her daughter wants to be a contestant when she grows up.

~~~~~

From what I've read recently Walters is planning her own intricate funeral, and I doubt she thinks much about the show anymore, sadly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, apparently, Meghan even realized that she cut off Joy and changed the subject again, because I think at the end of her comments about Doan, she said something like "Back to you, Joy" - like she was an field reporter on a news channel giving the show back to the anchor.

Or a producer which, in effect she is too many times.

8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan makes it sound like a woman with a healthy pregnancy at eight months just up and decides to have an abortion which is a lie.

As do TOO MANY of our male senators and congressmen!

8 hours ago, SPinCA said:

Watch Meghan do a 180 if this happened to her. 

And expect all the LOVE and SUPPORT of the world!   I won't even mention the word "grieve."

7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I did not watch today and I am so very thankful for that because reading all of your posts on Meghan's outrageous abortion comments is causing me a great amount of rage

Where are the anti-Meghan headlines on this???   Or...the PRO ??

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Exactly! Abby gets so intense about the stupidest  stuff. The Bachelor is definitely on her intelligence level.

I wonder if her husband's position at work is high enough.  High enough that he doesn't hear the crass/snarky comments made about his silly-silly-silly wife with the big lips and shiny hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This might be the episode I hated most because of MM.

Who does she think she is deciding what will be discussed on the show - let alone what we the viewers should be paying attention to. IOW - just one thing - NK. Not another thing!

Plus she is so ridiculous she had no idea that Cohen has access to what was taken by the FBI from his home, hotel room, office - that are on tape and written form frpm his attorneys.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Jewlmc said:
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Lmaoooooo @ Joy telling Meghan as she continues to rant about democrats and infanticide, "okay, okay we got it! Now we're talking about the Kardashians!" I don't even care about the Kardashians but that was great. Whoopi would never cut Princess NutMeg off like that. 

But seriously, Meghan is truly despicable, calling the Democrats the party of infanticide. She is a disgusting, terrible person and I can't stand her. That segment pissed me off so much.

Sorry, I disagree. While Whoopi gives McCain mostly an easy time, she can also shut a bitch down if she's really pissed.

I can't agree, JewlMc.  Whoopi has shut Meghan down; we cherish them because they were so infrequent.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Unless you put poison in her mug, do NOT toast! 

Thanks for NOT saying, "Do NOT cheers!"     We toast and we may say "Cheers," (among many other things but please don't "have a cheers."

• Love 4
7 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I love Joy as the moderator but I would’ve love if she was tougher on Megan during that segment. But I think she was told to keep it cool.

And probably told in the STRONGEST terms!   It is so upsetting.  I can't decide which of them I want to get her own show first: Meghan or Joy.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bucket said:
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

When she said that I thought Karl Marx has a polling company.

I thought Groucho.  🙂

I wonder if the Marist Poll is still affiliated with a Catholic college.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And probably told in the STRONGEST terms!   It is so upsetting.  I can't decide which of them I want to get her own show first: Meghan or Joy.

Joy had her own show on CNN (or was it HLN?) a few years ago. It was a great show and she'd always feature a panel of interesting in-the-know folks. I'd love to see her show resurrected.

• Love 22

Yes - her show was on HLN - but that was bought out or run by someone else.

But Joy was always a favorite of Larry King to fill in for him on his show on CNN before that.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 15

Check out these articles as well.

Sunny Schools Meghan (tee hee!)

NutMeg Blows Up at Sunny

What I found so absolutely stunning today was that Sunny was trying to relate actual facts, to help us understand what the vote was actually about, and NutMeg just kept spitting out blather and vitriol.  This is most unhelpful to the viewer, cause I could not understand what Sunny was saying, even though she continued calmly through it all.  But it is also incredibly rude to her co-host.  She can disagree with her, but to screech over her and accuse her of things that are not true, well that was just hateful!  I fully expected Joy to tell NutMeg to shut her mouth, but she rather politely and ineffectively asked NutMeg to allow Sunny to make her point.  So then they go to break.  One can imagine what happened on the break.  Someone got a talking to.  Clearly it was pre-planned that Sunny would be outlining what the vote was about, and NutMeg would not allow her to do it.  So much to her likely chagrin, they come back from break and Sunny gets to explain it all over again, without interruption from a seething NutMeg.

Sunny can annoy me but I truly admire her composure.

And yes, Whoopi would have shut NutMeg down (especially on this topic).  Joy is handling her with kid gloves.

One more thing, at one point, NutMeg snarled to the viewers: you pro-life women, you know what I am talking about.  I think it was when Sunny said, this is rare, and NutMeg scoffed.  It is that thin edge of the wedge philosophy that she also has about gun control.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, maggiemae said:

This might be the episode I hated most because of MM.

Who does she think she is deciding what will be discussed on the show - let alone what we the viewers should be paying attention to. IOW - just one thing - NK. Not another thing!

Plus she is so ridiculous she had no idea that Cohen has access to what was taken by the FBI from his home, hotel room, office - that are on tape and written form frpm his attorneys.

When I went to twitter to give her a piece of what’s left of my gray matter she had tweeted  thanking Kristen and Dax for coming on the show. Again like it’s her show. Next we hear she will refer to them as good friends 

i can bring myself to read what the fake news is saying. 

• Love 5

My normally sweet View-supporting group on Facebook was frothing at the mouth over Meghan today, not so much on what she said, but how she said it. It takes a lot to piss off these ladies, but Meghan managed it, in spades. In fact, several of them decided they were too angry to write to ABC's feedback page re The View -- they made phone calls! I bet those poor ABC interns didn't know what hit them.

After reading here, I'm deleting the show unwatched.

Whatever patience I had with this shrieking spoiled girl is gone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

**MOD NOTE**

It appears that the View may be pre-empted today (2/27) for coverage of a live event. This event is not on topic in this thread. If you would like to discuss it, take it to PM or wait until tomorrow to see if it is a topic covered on the show.

Edited by Guest
wrong date
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Nutmeg's tweet about today, check out the comments.

Fuck this bitch with a chainsaw.  Seriously.

Glad to know she is the one who decides how current events will be remembered.  Glad to know she is the one who decides how her opposing party will be remembered.  Glad to know she is a spoiled entitled privileged woman who gets to decide what all pregnant women should do.

2 hours ago, Marci said:

Joy is teaching everyone well. 😉

If you mean Joy is doing her best to educate viewers with a well thought out articulate response to the anxiety inducing events  happening right now then yes she is.

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If you mean Joy is doing her best to educate viewers with a well thought out articulate response to the anxiety inducing events  happening right now then yes she is.

Yes’m, I do exactly mean that making faces and eye rolling is Joyce’s best attempt at thought out, articulate responses.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Sorry, I disagree. While Whoopi gives McCain mostly an easy time, she can also shut a bitch down if she's really pissed. You can't tell me that she wouldn't have shut that "Infantacide" crap down faster and louder than Joy. That was just appalling.

Yeah, but we've seen Whoopi coddle Meghan more than we've seen her stop Meghan from acting out and saying things that are just flat-out false. Just my opinion though.

• Love 12

Fuck you,  MM. 

MM has reached Limbaugh -level crazy extreme lying. 

Breathe.

Ok. I was considering  that maybe Joy has had a talk with execs and Sunny, about  equal time in sharing the wealth for countering MM's distorted data with facts. 

I hope so. 

In this way,  CrazyNutmeg gets her BS in, BUT she is followed by rational, calm information--that she was told not to interrupt,  but she chooses not to listen, or claims to not be able to contain herself.  

I really believe Crazy Nutmeg does give a fuck about this job and wants to get fired to be able to rant about the liberal media.  

Question is, where will she spew her lies then?   No one else will hire her full time.  

We hope. 

Me and Obama. 

And Michelle,  of course.

I'm not Lady Gaga (although I love her). 🙂

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I really believe Crazy Nutmeg does give a fuck about this job and wants to get fired to be able to rant about the liberal media.  

Question is, where will she spew her lies then?   No one else will hire her full time.  

Somebody on social media said Meghan probably wants to be on a different kind of show and 'The View' is just an audition...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Somebody on social media said Meghan probably wants to be on a different kind of show and 'The View' is just an audition...

As if.  Who will hire her?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I think she is aiming to have the name recognition and alleged influence Ann Coulter has.  As much as I loathe Ann she does sell books and has lucrative speaking engagements.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think she is aiming to have the name recognition and alleged influence Ann Coulter has.  As much as I loathe Ann she does sell books and has lucrative speaking engagements.

Ann Coulter actually can speak her talking points without screaming and hollering.  Ann is cold as ice.  Nutmeg is unable to do that.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, bannana said:

Nutmeg's tweet about today, check out the comments.

This makes me sad. Not because of what she said, but because some of the comments are a lot harsher than what I would have said and yet I'm blocked by her for just saying that she's acting unprofessional. (I didn't even @ her or comment on her status)

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Tosia said:
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

As if.  Who will hire her?  

14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Your guess is as good as mine, @Tosia !

There are always those yet unrecognized, but self-important jackasses who will do anything for ratings.  Sean Hannity probably has production deals and if Princess Meghan weren't so outspoken about President Trump, she would have had her own show by now.   Somone will slither up from the sewer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

There are always those yet unrecognized, but self-important jackasses who will do anything for ratings.  Sean Hannity probably has production deals and if Princess Meghan weren't so outspoken about President Trump, she would have had her own show by now.   Somone will slither up from the sewer.

I don't think that Megan will go anywhere with much success.  Megan has no charisma and knows nothing about politics. She was on foxnews and got fired.  Even on Foxnews, she never stood out. Megan wants to be on Mainstream media and the view is the best she will ever have.  Her schtick before her husband was to show that conservatives could be young and fun; nothing came of that. Now, she has rebranded herself some right wing analyst.  Yet, nothing has come of it. Elizabeth got more attention than her from the right..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that Megan will go anywhere with much success. 

Ah, SUCCESS!!   That's the key word.  I doubt if she'll ever see the success she enjoys on "The View," and we can thank her father's intercession and Whoopi's carrying the torch.  Suppose Whoopi made a promise and is following through?

• Love 3

I was confused why MM was called Nutmeg here until someone typed it as NutMeg. Ahhhh. Until then all I could think of was the Nutmeg character on Amy Sedaris's At Home with Amy Sedaris show. Now, I'll never think of MM again without picturing that character.

nutmeg.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Joy so often expresses exactly what I am feeling and thinking. If she doesnt say it directly, she does it with her body language and facial expressions. This was especially true yesterday.  She's angry about the same things I am, she laughs at the same things I find funny. I love her sarcasm and her biting remarks.

So glad you wrote this.  Tinkerbell expressed exactly what I am feeling and thinking.  I try not to respond to those who call her a Mean Girl; they don't get it.  She's the opposite.  She treats everyone with the respect they deserve and/or earn.  There are some days a particular panelist deserves NO respect, yet Joy perseveres.  I'd bet she has the highest IQ of the group and  the best education...just by being  interested in so many things and pursuing knowledge.  She's a good psychologist too.

The real Mean Girls are the two princesses who plot their little team take-downs (that never work).

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

and yet I'm blocked by her for just saying that she's acting unprofessional. (I didn't even @ her or comment on her status)

That's because in actuality NutMeg is a Special Snowflake, not the Touch Chick she falsely advertises herself to be.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I have a new respect for Sunny after watching her stay calm while Meghan was screaming about infanticide. I nearly bitch-slapped my TV. 

What I don't understand is why Sunny socializes with Megan. Sunny better be careful what she shares with Megan when they are out drinking and talking.  Megan is a snake that would record Sunny while she is drunk.  I suspect it is why Joy refuses to hang out with Megan off the show.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 21