Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/23/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is an ignorant fool, what an awful person!  I feel that Joy did not reign her in enough and defaming the Democratic party by calling them the party of infanticide was a new low for Megan.  

I wonder if the producers warned Joy not to step in and shut MM down as she has in past weeks. I wonder if she's been told to not hurt little orphan Meggie's feelings lest she have another breakdown during commercial breaks.  Handle the poor girl with kid gloves and let her run roughshod over the rest of the panel. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

Bitsy ran  me off the show way back in the day and I stayed away. MM may run me off too. I only watch now so I can come here and dish with you people.

sweet baby jesus, cant they take it down a notch on Ahbee's lip liner outside her lips Sheesh

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain doesn't care about The Bachelor. Funny, considering they probably only have to talk about The Bachelor to avert more of her meltdowns.

It was the third time today that she changed the topic. (Maybe she did it for the KimK topic, but I changed the channel then.

• Love 7

What and why is Meghan always looking up at?  Herself in a moniter? I never see anyone else looking up like she does.... why is it that every movement and everything she says is so annoying lol?   Also- does that really tie her to Kristen Bell- they both played Elsa?  You an about every other little girl in the world last year!

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I find they all interrupt their non-celebrity guests a lot. They want to get to the juicy part of their stories within the confines of a 3 min segment so it is rushed to the point of being rude.

I wish they would all STOP their opening comments telling the guest what he/she already knows.  "You were born in a coal mine. You had nothing to wear but your sister's dresses. You had sex with your pastor and now you've won a Grammy!"   It works better when the interviewer looks at us...looks at the audience, and says, "Our guest was born in a coal mine, with nothing to eat..." because HJJ already knows everything about himself.  Then she/he would ask HenryJohnJim the concise questions to get out the publicity required by this visit.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I wish they would all STOP their opening comments telling the guest what he/she already knows.  "You were born in a coal mine. You had nothing to wear but your sister's dresses. You had sex with your pastor and now you've won a Grammy!"   It works better when the interviewer looks at us...looks at the audience, and says, "Our guest was born in a coal mine, with nothing to eat..." because HJJ already knows everything about himself.  Then she/he would ask HenryJohnJim the concise questions to get out the publicity required by this visit.

Lol that just reminded me of The Chris Farley Show on Snl where he never actually asked any real questions and all the interviews were majorly awkward. Like to Paul McCartney 

CF: remember when you were in the Beatles?

PM: yes

CF (nervous and awkward): that was awesome

CF: remember when everyone thought you were dead?

PM: yes

CF: that was a hoax, right?

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, Haleth said:
56 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is an ignorant fool, what an awful person!  I feel that Joy did not reign her in enough and defaming the Democratic party by calling them the party of infanticide was a new low for Megan.  

I wonder if the producers warned Joy not to step in and shut MM down as she has in past weeks. I wonder if she's been told to not hurt little orphan Meggie's feelings lest she have another breakdown during commercial breaks.  Handle the poor girl with kid gloves and let her run roughshod over the rest of the panel. 

Whoopi called from home and to warn Executive Producer Brian that just because she's not there does not mean she's unaware.  Stop picking on my Babe!  Whoopi reminded Brian that SHE and she alone is adored and revered by Disney and if you do not protect Babe, you are disrespecting her (Whoopi).

American Broadcasting Company(ABC) is owned by Disney-ABC Television Group which is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

You're right. But I believe Joy had one blowout to the producers over Meghan's unprofessional behaviour. The producers may be worried that Joy will have enough of Meghan and leave the show and if that happens a lot of viewers will leave with her.

• I want to believe this.
  • I wish this were true.
  • I worry every day that Meghan has more power than any of us will ever realize.
  • Disheartened.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Because, above all else, she is NOT a professional.  She's a princess without etiquette. She doesn't know how to behave on television.  She wiggles in her chair.  She aims that laser-eye when she disapproves of anything/anyone.  She checks herself on the monitor to be sure she's still pretty.  All the antics that may have been cute (may have!) when she was six years old and younger are appalling now.  Cut it out!

Amen!! 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

Ugh. Infanticide 😡 That is the lowest attack imo, that’s the type of nonsense that was in some Catholic propaganda rag we used to get in church 30 years ago. 

I'm sure this will splashed across all the media sites.  Sunny might have pushed back on the bill they were discussing but I wish Joy would have pushed back on the infanticide. rant.  That is just a word they use to stir up emotion.  Meghan either doesn't know or doesn't care that in the rare cases of a late term abortion that doesn't go as planned the parents are consulted about what happens to the baby.  As mentioned earlier they are babies not expected to survive birth which is why the abortion was being performed. But Meghan would much rather scream they are killing babies.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

This x 1,000%!!!!

It's so stupid! !! Looking at the person and telling him/ her about themselves.

Why?

So the hosts can talk longer?  We want to hear the guest tell about themselves or their story/ project. 

God, it's just ridiculous.  

• Love 7
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or they had already decided for themselves to do that? I'm just a plebian, but I don't think the Academy has any say what songs they were going to perform?

I think We Will Rock You/We are the Champions is their best known song.  Adam could have handled belting out Bohemian Rhapsody, but they had a stripped down set with no backup singers, so I don't think it was possible.  

• Love 5

I just read elsewhere that Bohemian Rhapsody was the obvious choice for them to sing but the producers deemed it to be too long. 

.... But then I also read that fans felt ripped off and said that their performance was too short and should have been longer, so .... perhaps they should have just let them sing it, lol

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain doesn't care about The Bachelor. Funny, considering they probably only have to talk about The Bachelor to avert more of her meltdowns.

interesting - I wasn't able to watch the whole show, just the hot topics and Dax & Kristen ( I find them adorable). 

But -  Meghan doesn't want to talk about the Bachelor?   But she knows all about the Kardashians and the Real Housewives?   Remind me, which of those shows are on ABC - the network she works for?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I remember discussing Sherri Shepherd doing the same thing.  They get blue cards with facts about a guest.  I would think those would be just "reminders"  to spur the conversation.  instead, they READ the bio info to the guest.  I wish I could remember the guest, but one time, Sherri read to a man, "you have two children, ages 8 and 11."   and the guest answered "true,"  as if he was taking a quiz.   It was hilarious, but Sherri didn't understand why.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, boochay8888 said:

I’m paraphrasing here, but Joy did point out that Republicans only care about babies until they’re born.

She did but then went right to commercial.

4 minutes ago, boochay8888 said:

And could someone please explain to me how climate change equates to abortion?!?

It doesn't. As Tinkerbell said above Meghan just wanted to scream about "infanticide".

And Abby thinks AOC talking about people maybe not having children because of climate change is the worst thing ever?  What does she think about Meghan not  having kids just because she doesn't want to?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

One quick thing I noticed.   Dax and Kristen, talking about their kids, showing video of their daughter riding a dirt bike (? I think that's what it was)  Meghan jumps in with  how it's just like HER AND HER DAD!   Because every good story about a dad and a daughter is about Meghan.  

We need an Angry Face button.  Or a Rage Face button.  Or both.  Just for this forum.  Because of things like this. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

Ugh STFU The EV Potato strikes again. I love Joy as the moderator but I would’ve love if she was tougher on Megan during that segment. But I think she was told to keep it cool.

Oh if Whoopi was there, she would’ve either went to commercial sooner or scream at Megan. Although she calls her babe and coddles her, just remember that a segment like this happened in a past show... and In order to tell Megan to STFU cos she wouldn’t stop talking , she screamed at her before they broke away. That is when they argued and she stormed off In tears because she looked like a insane nut. 

And yeah a Fuck u Abby -AOC asked a legitimate question.  Plus Miss princess Big lips has the luxury of spitting out kids ... she could care less about people’s problems or worries. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Abby say that because the Democrats are saying that they need to protect the environment in order to make sure the human race doesn't get wiped out mean that they want to wipe out the human race?

Sounded like that.  That word salad would do Elisabeth Hasselbeck proud.

4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

BTW, Meggy, it's MARIST poll, not Marxist.  And those abortion polls are meaningless if you only ask if people are against abortion, because you can be against abortion personally and still be pro-choice.  Add that question into the mix and report those numbers.

When she said that I thought Karl Marx has a polling company.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

BTW, Meggy, it's MARIST poll, not Marxist.  And those abortion polls are meaningless if you only ask if people are against abortion, because you can be against abortion personally and still be pro-choice.  Add that question into the mix and report those numbers.

Ha!  That cracked me up when she said Marxist instead of Marist. Oops. And no, Meg, AOC is not leading the Dem party. She’s a first term Congresswoman who has been raised to the level of celebrity because you Reps won’t stop talking about her. 

I just went to the yahoo homepage and the lead story was Trump calling Dems babykillers. That’s where Meg gets her talking points. 

Anyone know where to complain to ABC?  There is no feedback option on their website. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

I think MM is there for one reason only, her desire to spread the Republican message.  She's a loudmouth bully and I think the closer we get to the election the worse (and louder) she will become.  Since when does she have the right to decide which topics are worth talking about?  I am positive that they have a meeting before the show and discuss what the topics will be, that would be her time to interject her opinion, NOT when someone else is discussing something that she thinks is a waste of time.  It's happening on a daily basis now.  I don't know why Joy is allowing her to get away with it.  

Whoopi must have a very serious case of pneumonia, or maybe there are other complications.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree. Meghan was completely unhinged during that segment and Joy should've done a better job at stopping it.

I was hoping when they came back from break that someone would have duct tapped MM's mouth shut. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

interesting - I wasn't able to watch the whole show, just the hot topics and Dax & Kristen ( I find them adorable). 

But -  Meghan doesn't want to talk about the Bachelor?   But she knows all about the Kardashians and the Real Housewives?   Remind me, which of those shows are on ABC - the network she works for?  

Meghan "doesn't care" about the Kardashians (which I kind of agree with), so instead, she gives a shoutout to Shane Doan, an ice hockey player from the Arizona Coyotes, who has retired from the game.  

Now, I get that she is a loud and proud Arizonan (who doesn't live there anymore and hasn't for some time), but I'm thinking that the majority of the View's core audience/demographic (both in the studio and at home) would have more interest in the stupid Kardashians than they would a hockey player.  I'm a hockey fan (Go, Rangers!!), but that little shoutout to Doan bored me more than the conversation about the Kardashians!  

And, apparently, Meghan even realized that she cut off Joy and changed the subject again, because I think at the end of her comments about Doan, she said something like "Back to you, Joy" - like she was an field reporter on a news channel giving the show back to the anchor.

I believe that Meghan changed the discussion of every "Hot Topic" item today.  

One more thing - Sunny has much more patience than I.  If I was trying to make a valid and accurate counterpoint to a discussion and someone kept screeching and talking over me the way Meghan did, I think I would have smacked her, or just told her to fuck off.  

16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Abby say that because the Democrats are saying that they need to protect the environment in order to make sure the human race doesn't get wiped out mean that they want to wipe out the human race?

Ha-ha!!!  That's what I thought - what an idiot!  

Wonder if her husband wrote it on her blue cards that way on purpose!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I imagined the producer in Sunny's ear said keep going while MM's producer sat mute and let her roll.   😆  No one protects Meg as I have heard some say.  The drama is good for ratings that is all.  No one there coddles her.  They don't love her either.  They put up with her for their viewers. 

• Love 9

When is Abby going off on maternity leave? She is basically harmless and I don't despise her like Meghan.

But man she can suck the life out of room at times, like yesterday about Bradley Cooper/Gaga. She makes things too intense!!

I'm ready for a break from her!!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Sunny has much more patience than I.  If I was trying to make a valid and accurate counterpoint to a discussion and someone kept screeching and talking over me the way Meghan did, I think I would have smacked her, or just told her to fuck off. 

This!  And I cain't stand Sunny.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

One quick thing I noticed.   Dax and Kristen, talking about their kids, showing video of their daughter riding a dirt bike (? I think that's what it was)  Meghan jumps in with  how it's just like HER AND HER DAD!   Because every good story about a dad and a daughter is about Meghan.  

She also explained that’s she’s called Elsa because she’s a ice princess ( cue picture of her which looks photoshopped) then  blabs on that Elsa also is kick ass (like her). 

i can  not think of another situation where her rude unprofessional non stop behavior would be tolerated. How can she claim to advocate women supporting women when she’s so damn rude to her fellow women panel members. 

Abby is analyzing the tough situation the Bachelor is in going to the fathers of the contestants and hypothetically asking for their hands. You’re taking this crap much to serious. Why isn’t she horrified by such displays like she was with Gagga and Bradly ? I tried watching the Bachelor years ago and didn’t have to leave the room I had to change the channel because young women were actng so desperate. Bitsy Abby and these two love that show what’s the deal?     

I agree with the incredible patience of Sunny ,must be her experience of being a lawyer in order to keep her cool. 

Someone posted a link before to complain other than feedback. 

I let loose on her Twitter have no idea how / why I’m able to do so. 

• Love 18