Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Surprise

druzy
  • Start Topic

On 2/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, CDC said:

So here it begins. What does Briana have against bras?

There was a scene of Kail driving, and her breasts were so gross.  The seat belt dug in between them, and the camera was off to the side, with her right breast hanging there in the foreground.  Yuck.

14 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:
21 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Regarding driving someone else' seems car - does anyone know any men whose girlfriends drive their cars instead of them? I sure don't. Just seems very sexist to me to step aside and let your bf drive your own car,

I’m a wife, so not a girlfriend, but if my husband and I are going somewhere together, I drive, regardless of whose car we’re in. But, it’s because we have had way too many arguments about how he’s driving while I’m a passenger. I guess I’m a terrible backseat driver. Lol. So, for the health of our marriage, we decided to eliminate the conflict by just having me always drive. 

I'm a girlfriend, and we have only one car--Mr. Outlier's racy car.  I don't even like driving it because I'm not racy and I like me an automatic transmission, but it's the one we have.  And I always drive when we're together, because I'm convinced I'm a superior tactician in traffic, and am not shy about commenting on others' deficiencies in that area, but strictly in hopes that sharing how I would do it will help them learn.  So yeah, it eliminates conflict for us, too.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 2/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, BitterApple said:

Seriously Leah? Why the hell would Cory, Jason or Jeremy have to accompany you to a dentist appointment? Do kids these days really need that much hand-holding for routine cleanings and a simple tooth pull? They're desperate to manufacture drama out of anything, aren't they?

Gawwwwd, I found myself saying several times out loud, "it's a goddamn dentist appointment Leah".  One tooth got pulled, the others had cleanings.  Why must all the baby daddy's go?  Why is Jeremy getting bad mouthed AGAIN for not going when he's working in Tim-Buck-WV laying his pipe instead of watching his daughters his daughters teeth get cleaned?  

On 2/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, BitterApple said:

Classy language, DeBoers. And Cole, you can quit with the virtue signaling, everyone knows you're the world's best everything (eyeroll...). 

I've never been a big fan of the DeBoers.  I've always felt they get so much praise for doing every day shit everyone else does, and she's just up against losers so she looks good by comparison.  And they eat this perfect family shit up.  But this was just too much.  Last week he had me rolling eyes with his theatrics ("Watson is ok but Cole is still shaken up") and this week, please.  *Holding baby daughter* "Nobody could ever break this bond!" We get it dude.  You're perfect.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Gawwwwd, I found myself saying several times out loud, "it's a goddamn dentist appointment Leah".  One tooth got pulled, the others had cleanings.  Why must all the baby daddy's go?  Why is Jeremy getting bad mouthed AGAIN for not going when he's working in Tim-Buck-WV laying his pipe instead of watching his daughters his daughters teeth get cleaned?  

I've never been a big fan of the DeBoers.  I've always felt they get so much praise for doing every day shit everyone else does, and she's just up against losers so she looks good by comparison.  And they eat this perfect family shit up.  But this was just too much.  Last week he had me rolling eyes with his theatrics ("Watson is ok but Cole is still shaken up") and this week, please.  *Holding baby daughter* "Nobody could ever break this bond!" We get it dude.  You're perfect.  

God, yes. Thank you. Any one of us on this board would look like a goddess if we were on this show. I can't imagine people fangirling all over me for making a homecooked meal or taking care of my pets or whatever. I wonder what it will be like for Chelsea and Cole ten years from now when they have to face actual hardships without the Greek chorus enthusiastically cheering them on. "Yaaaaasssss, Chelsea!!! You started taking a probiotic, and picked a good life insurance plan! GOOOOO YOOOOUUU! And there is no reason not to like her. SHE IS TAKING A PROBIOTIC!!! Ur just jealous that you can't afford your own probiotic." 😜

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, smores said:

For some people, though, it's a pick your battles thing.  The vocabulary that I choose to use, including profanity, isn't a matter of a lack of discipline or self control.  And for some people, they don't believe that swearing is inappropriate for kids to hear.  Seriously, in the house I grew up in, it's not a thing, no one cares.  But, there is no saving you if you said something that was hurtful to someone else, like calling a kid "gay" (I grew up in the 80s, it was relatively common for people to insult others by saying "You're so gay").  If I had said something like that, I would have been in more trouble than you can ever imagine.  I can't stress that enough.  But my parents didn't give a shit if I swore or if I made my bed.  Those things don't matter to them at all.  

Now, I had friends who would get grounded for a week if they didn't make their bed, even if they were running late and would have missed their bus.  They also would have been in huge trouble, grounded, hit, mouths washed out with soap, whatever, if their parents heard them say the word "shit"  But, their parents had no issue if they called other kids "gay" as an insult.  People just have different triggers.  Does it make them better parents because they policed their language? Or made them make their beds?  Honestly, I don't think so.  I just think they had their things that was important to them, and that's what works for them.  My only point is that for some people, the language isn't a thing.  Kids are able to grow up knowing it's not something they get to say, or something they get to use in certain situations and everyone lives just fine.  

Well...alrighty then. I don't feel that way. I believe that language matters and using profanity in front of small children is irresponsible and shows a lack of discipline on the part of the parents. Kids imitate their parents...good stuff and bad stuff. Personally I never wanted my kids to be the kids that used F word and other profanity in front of their friends or other adults when they were younger. It does reflect on your parenting when your kids are cursing in public and to their friends or to their teachers. Language that is racist or homophobic is wrong and kids will imitate that language too. There is so much ugliness in the world and kids grow up too fast these days...can't we keep them innocent and sweet just a little longer by using some discretion when talking in front of them? Is it too much to ask for these young parents to go to their bedroom and behind closed doors use whatever language they want to describe their anger at Adam instead of letting the F word and other words fly with their young children close by? We'll just have to agree to disagree...

• Love 7
On 2/27/2019 at 10:36 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

In Jo's defense, he worked as a copier machine technician for the first 4 years or so of Isaac's life. 

When Kail moved to Delaware with his son, he had to leave that job.  So he had a "normal people" full-time job for several years even after TM2 was on the air. (That's a lot longer than many people in these casts have kept "normal" jobs after TM/TM2 started to air, so that's at least t his credit.)

I think Vee puts together a living as a real estate agent and by doing make-up artistry (so she's self-employed, I supposed).  Being a realtor can most definitely be a full-time job, even if it doesn't have traditional "40 hours in an office/retail space/etc per week" schedule.  Plenty of realtors do realty as their full-time job. Prior to getting her realtor license and make-up artistry credentials, Vee was taking classes/studying for those credentials.  Before moving to Delaware, I believe she worked at a daycare & went to school. 

I don't know what Jo did between leaving his job as a copier machine tech & what he says he does now, but I don't think over the course of the whole series that Jo has been spending the whole run on the couch/without a "real" job (like Jenelle, Tyler, Catelynn, etc).  

If he's working a "normal" person job now, then it seems wise that he's not giving the public too much information about that job as I'm sure some delusional Kail fans might call or come to his place of business to confront him (because as Twitter shows, some people are crazy).  It's probably best for his job security to not be too public about his job if he's working for someone else, etc. We don't see a whole lot of Jo's life and I don't trust Kail's narrative 100%.

Jo and Vee are obviously doing something. Unless they were super smart with the Teen Mom money they received before they decided to quit filming. I don't think they're getting a huge pay day with this one scene and they're obviously living a comfortable middle-class lifestyle.  So I don't really get this whole "Jo and Vee need a job!" argument coming from some people.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Well...alrighty then. I don't feel that way. I believe that language matters and using profanity in front of small children is irresponsible and shows a lack of discipline on the part of the parents. Kids imitate their parents...good stuff and bad stuff. Personally I never wanted my kids to be the kids that used F word and other profanity in front of their friends or other adults when they were younger. It does reflect on your parenting when your kids are cursing in public and to their friends or to their teachers. Language that is racist or homophobic is wrong and kids will imitate that language too. There is so much ugliness in the world and kids grow up too fast these days...can't we keep them innocent and sweet just a little longer by using some discretion when talking in front of them? Is it too much to ask for these young parents to go to their bedroom and behind closed doors use whatever language they want to describe their anger at Adam instead of letting the F word and other words fly with their young children close by? We'll just have to agree to disagree...

I so agree.  And I am not sure how to say this without it possibly sounding wrong, but when I see a parent swear in front of their group of kids in public, or hear a kid swear, I think to myself - undeucated and ignorant. 

The world is judgemental, I don't want my kids to be judged on their poor language.  Isn't it a good idea to teach kids to express themselves with a more sophisticated vocabulary?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

I so agree.  And I am not sure how to say this without it possibly sounding wrong, but when I see a parent swear in front of their group of kids in public, or hear a kid swear, I think to myself - undeucated and ignorant. 

The world is judgemental, I don't want my kids to be judged on their poor language.  Isn't it a good idea to teach kids to express themselves with a more sophisticated vocabulary?

Exactly! I feel the same way. Unfortunately, you are judged in what you put out there, so I want to put something appealing out there. And it makes me sad for kids I teach who use that language regularly, because usually they're awesome kids, but I know the world is going to think less of them. Of course, a lot of kids not raised that way dabble in swearing by eighth grade, but some kids have been raised with it and think nothing of it. You can definitely tell the difference!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Maybe this:

Sources say Kailyn Lowry’s cold treatment towards Javi Marroquin’s girlfriend started with a series of text messages. Apparently, the Teen Mom 2 alum discovered that Lauren Comeau was calling her names behind her back.

Kailyn Lowry said she read messages from Lauren in Javi’s phone where she referred to her as a “tw*t” and “b*tch ex-wife.” Obviously, that did not sit well with the reality star.

https://soapdirt.com/teen-mom-2-kailyn-avoids-javis-new-girl-during-first-meeting

The question is, how did Kail get access to Javi's phone? He's doing the same shit he did when he was with Bri. He just LOOOOVES the  idea that women are fighting over/because of him. 

16 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

That sounds very far fetched . I drove boyfriends cars every so often if they were tired or just because. Im married now and I never feel like driving so I make my husband drive my car . I’m sorry I’m not seeing anything sexist there . 

I just think we don't know enough to make a big call on this driving thing. MY first thought was that maybe she just isn't a great driver/parker. She drives a big-ass vehicle. Maybe there's tight parking at the dentist office and he's just better at it than she is. My husband tends to drive when we go places together, because he's better at it - especially parking. I cannot parallel park to save my life! I actually am a decent driver, but when other adults (including my husband) are in the car, I get all awkward and don't drive as well as I normally would. I've also let my mom drive places in my car, because she's better at navigating downtown and parking. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

There was a child in our neighborhood that used F bombs and other assorted inappropriate language when playing kickball or other neighborhood games with my kids and other kids in our cul de sac...all were either in kindergarten or were in grades 1-3. A few parents took the initiative to go out and talk to this child and explain that using that language was inappropriate and could he please try to play without using profanity. The backlash from his parents was swift and unhinged. It wasn't too hard to surmise that this child was exposed to a lot of anger and profanity in his home. Needless to say he used this language at school and was disciplined accordingly...I think the elementary school was hoping they would transfer him to a private or parochial school. It was hard for anyone to deal with parents that would not acknowledge their child's use of profanity as a problem in school and on the playground.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Jo and Vee are obviously doing something. Unless they were super smart with the Teen Mom money they received before they decided to quit filming. I don't think they're getting a huge pay day with this one scene and they're obviously living a comfortable middle-class lifestyle.  So I don't really get this whole "Jo and Vee need a job!" argument coming from some people.

Jo said out of his own mouth he couldn't afford to fix his AC, so it sounds like whatever he and Vee are doing isn't allowing them any wiggle room beyond living paycheck to paycheck. Maybe Jo was exaggerating for TV purposes, but he's never struck me as the kind of guy who busts his ass. There was a definite note of bitterness in his voice when he talked about all the easy cash Kail makes via Instagram. He's definitely entitled to the year's worth of support he shouldn't have been paying, but if he can't support Isaac during his 50% custody time, then he either needs to work more hours or figure out a different source of income. 

I know ultimately popular opinion is for Kail to get a heaping dose of karma, but even if Jo gets his 1k month, that doesn't reflect very well on him as a man. At this stage of the game, all the castmembers have had ample time and resources to get their shit together.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jo said out of his own mouth he couldn't afford to fix his AC, so it sounds like whatever he and Vee are doing isn't allowing them any wiggle room beyond living paycheck to paycheck. Maybe Jo was exaggerating for TV purposes, but he's never struck me as the kind of guy who busts his ass. There was a definite note of bitterness in his voice when he talked about all the easy cash Kail makes via Instagram. He's definitely entitled to the year's worth of support he shouldn't have been paying, but if he can't support Isaac during his 50% custody time, then he either needs to work more hours or figure out a different source of income. 

I know ultimately popular opinion is for Kail to get a heaping dose of karma, but even if Jo gets his 1k month, that doesn't reflect very well on him as a man. At this stage of the game, all the castmembers have had ample time and resources to get their shit together.

Yeah, it was just a couple years ago that Kail suggested he get a job and he exclaimed, "why would I want to get a 9 to 5 job where I'm going to be MISERABLE and hate it?!" That right there told me a lot about his work ethic. Most of us would love to not work if we had plenty of money, but most of us also aren't afraid of working so much that we make the assumption that we'll be miserable in just a normal job. No one was suggesting he work the pipelines like jeremy, or do some other extremely strenuous career. Kail was just bringing up the idea of him getting a regular full-time gig like most people have, and he protested WAY too much. I don't see him transforming from someone with that attitude to a super motivated person that quickly, because that was just a couple years ago. However, he has been paying Kail all these years without complaint, and she needs to take that into account. 

• Love 9
On 2/27/2019 at 1:42 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Regarding driving someone else' seems car - does anyone know any men whose girlfriends drive their cars instead of them? I sure don't. Just seems very sexist to me to step aside and let your bf drive your own car,

I think this is also a regional thing. I live in the south and growing up we were taught that it was a sign of respect for the boyfriend/husband to drive. Normally in his own car, but in Leah's case I can see it being easier to take hers with all of the girls stuff already in it. I live in a city in the south with a lot of transplants and it is funny to see how we view the world differently in someways. For instance myself and another female co-worker from the south were going to lunch and there was a man going thru the door the same time as us. He went ahead of us and didn't hold the door. Both of us felt that was rude. The next day going to lunch with a female co-worker from the northeast. Same situation but this time the man stops, holds the door open and says, "Good Afternoon".  To me this is normal. My co-worker was very offended and found it sexist. Now, if I wanted to drive and he insisted he was going to, that would be another story.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

If they were living a comfortable, middle class lifestyle, they would be able to pay for a broken AC. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, mscav said:

Same situation but this time the man stops, holds the door open and says, "Good Afternoon".  To me this is normal. My co-worker was very offended and found it sexist. 

I'm a sucker for chivalry, so it always boggles my mind when women interpret nice gestures as sexism. 

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm a sucker for chivalry, so it always boggles my mind when women interpret nice gestures as sexism. 

I work in an office building and the men in the building (not all but most) wait for me to get off the elevator first.  They also hold the door open and offer me their seat if a big meeting is crowded.  I find it nice and respectful.  I have heard of people getting annoyed, and saying that women aren't fragile, we can do things like men, but I feel like it is a kind thing and I appreciate it. 

When I was pregnant, and I would get on the L, men would TURN AWAY so they didn't have to make eye contact and god forbid get up and give me their seat.  It was always older women who got up.  I could go on a rant about that, but I digress.

So - of all of the things that bug me about Leah, her boyfriend driving the car doesn't bug me.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

There was a scene of Kail driving, and her breasts were so gross.  The seat belt dug in between them, and the camera was off to the side, with her right breast hanging there in the foreground.  Yuck.

I'm a girlfriend, and we have only one car--Mr. Outlier's racy car.  I don't even like driving it because I'm not racy and I like me an automatic transmission, but it's the one we have.  And I always drive when we're together, because I'm convinced I'm a superior tactician in traffic, and am not shy about commenting on others' deficiencies in that area, but strictly in hopes that sharing how I would do it will help them learn.  So yeah, it eliminates conflict for us, too.

Very good to hear!

• LOL 1
59 minutes ago, mscav said:

I think this is also a regional thing. I live in the south and growing up we were taught that it was a sign of respect for the boyfriend/husband to drive. Normally in his own car, but in Leah's case I can see it being easier to take hers with all of the girls stuff already in it. I live in a city in the south with a lot of transplants and it is funny to see how we view the world differently in someways. For instance myself and another female co-worker from the south were going to lunch and there was a man going thru the door the same time as us. He went ahead of us and didn't hold the door. Both of us felt that was rude. The next day going to lunch with a female co-worker from the northeast. Same situation but this time the man stops, holds the door open and says, "Good Afternoon".  To me this is normal. My co-worker was very offended and found it sexist. Now, if I wanted to drive and he insisted he was going to, that would be another story.

A sign of respect for the man to drive? Wow. 😮 as a woman, I am perfectly capable of driving and quite good at it. I got that way with lots of practice.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3

I thought it was just unnecessary for him to drive, since they both had to get out, annnd the fact that it was her car and they really hadn't been together that long. I thought it was sort of dumb in the same way that I thought he even GOING was sort of dumb, for mainly practical reasons. I could just see Leah being the type to giggle and say, "I ain't good at drivin'...it's so STRESSFUL!" and giggling demurely...plus, I'm sure she wanted to show up with him driving so Corey could see he's quite the family man, totally in her life already. 

But, that being said, my last boyfriend always drove. I liked it, because it allowed me to relax. I'm all for chivalry! We always went places in his car, and I suppose if we had taken a trip or something in mine, we might have had a conversation or something, and he definitely would have offered to drive. I would have let him, and been fine with it. However, I would have just driven if I was just picking him up and going somewhere not far away, especially in the beginning. 

To me, knowing Leah is the main reason I side eye it. I would feel differently if it were any other cast member, but I feel like she's basically doing it to reinforce gender stereotypes and impress Corey. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I’m fine with it, as long as those people would also hold the door open for other men (not just for women). And most do in my area. I also hold the door open for everyone.

• Love 9

My boyfriend drives my car sometimes, usually when we're going somewhere and I don't feel like driving. He's a little better at driving and I can just get nervous driving with someone else in the car. Lol but I do drive with him a lot too. I wasn't paying attention so I wasn't aware that what's-his-face drove Leah's car. But I guess it is a little weird if they haven't been together for that long, but not a huge deal.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think of any of this as a reflection on him as a man.  The fact is that there's no way he could possibly make anywhere near what Kail makes even if he had a very high paying job.  Hell, he probably couldn't even beat just her instagram money, and that's just bonus money for her, in addition to her TM money.

So if the standard is that the parents pay child support in some sort of relation to their income if they have 50/50 custody, then he should get what the standard dictates, and not be ashamed that he didn't manage to luck into big bucks TM money. 

Actually, I wonder how much he does get paid by the show. 

42 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m fine with it, as long as those people would also hold the door open for other men (not just for women). And most do in my area. I also hold the door open for everyone.

As long as you're holding the door and not having the other person go in in front of you, I'm fine with it.  But I hate it when a man holds the door open and expects me to go in front of him, even though he was there first.  That just disrupts the natural flow.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sounds like Jo filed mostly to get his year's worth of money back. As much as I am Team Rivera, if you're having a short term cash shortage and can't  get your AC fixed, it doesn't  hurt to drive Uber for a bit, Jo. 

83a6df3.jpg

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Sounds like Jo filed mostly to get his year's worth of money back. As much as I am Team Rivera, if your having a short term cash shortage and can't  get your AC fixed, it doesn't  hurt to drive Uber for a bit, Jo. 

83a6df3.jpg

Game of Thrones? I thought it was Game of Clones.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
(edited)
30 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Sounds like Jo filed mostly to get his year's worth of money back. As much as I am Team Rivera, if your having a short term cash shortage and can't  get your AC fixed, it doesn't  hurt to drive Uber for a bit, Jo. 

83a6df3.jpg

Game of Thrones star???

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, the only reason anybody brought up a job--because yeah, otherwise I'd think they were living a perfectly comfy middle class lifestyle without many needs that weren't being met--was because Jo painted it otherwise. Not being able to fix a broken AC seems pretty paycheck-to-paycheck to me; wouldn't it usually be $1000 or less? I was surprised by that.

And yeah, he honestly seemed a bit jealous of Kail in that scene. I get it, it'd suck to have been with such a bitch and see her making tons of money doing nothing (especially when she sucks SO bad), but *shrug* neither do most people in life, ever.

Regardless, I don't think anybody in the whole thread expressed any kind of sadness that Kailyn was paying or a thought that she shouldn't 😂 The Kailyn hatred is universal, like liking Mister Rogers or not enjoying traffic. It brings us together. Beautiful in a way, really. Unlike her butt implants.

Edited by Lm2162
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I just think we don't know enough to make a big call on this driving thing. MY first thought was that maybe she just isn't a great driver/parker. She drives a big-ass vehicle. Maybe there's tight parking at the dentist office and he's just better at it than she is. My husband tends to drive when we go places together, because he's better at it - especially parking. I cannot parallel park to save my life! I actually am a decent driver, but when other adults (including my husband) are in the car, I get all awkward and don't drive as well as I normally would. I've also let my mom drive places in my car, because she's better at navigating downtown and parking. 

For real- I wouldn't put it past Leah to play damsel in distress, but I could also see her just having trouble parking or driving to begin with. I can't judge her- actually failed the parallel parking part of my driving test both times, but on the second try the lady sighed and passed me anyway because everything else had been fine. If there's going to be rough parking, you're driving my car if you have a driver's license. And it has nothing to do with gender.  😂

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4

I most certainly thought Jason driving was due to 1. Leah being Leah, 2. Cultural norms, in her area. 

Granted I’m the last person on earth that would have a boyfriend (okay maybe not the last! Lol) but my stance is no one drives my car but me, outside of an extreme emergency (like I got sick or lost a contact and couldn’t see). My friends (male and female) drive each other, usually based on where we are going and what time- I do know a lot of women who prefer for their male significant others to drive. 

Leah probably feels “cared for” when Jason drives, and the way she is, she would want Corey to see that. 

• Love 3

Did Jo say whether he merely needed to get the AC fixed or did he need a whole new unit/ system? Mine cost over $5,000 when I had to replace it a couple of years ago. That’s a good chunk of change if he and Vee aren’t earning decent money.

i kind of figured Jo was merely asking for more than he really wanted from Kail as a way to force her to pay him back— as well as letting her know that he could get more under the state guidelines.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

A sign of respect for the man to drive? Wow. 😮 as a woman, I am perfectly capable of driving and quite good at it. I got that way with lots of practice.

I drive everywhere. If it’s with my husband and in my car I’m driving. I drive better than him.  He is too slow. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I drive everywhere. If it’s with my husband and in my car I’m driving. I drive better than him.  He is too slow. 

More power to you!!! My mom drives everywhere too. My dad isn't a big fan of driving, and my mom is better at it. 

• Love 3

I’m guilty of having my husband drive (either one of our cars) when we go somewhere with our daughter, however he’s my husband of 18 years and father of our kid... I didn’t meet him last month and try to force this “family” thing to happen like how I feel Leah is doing. Nothing wrong with step parents or boyfriends btw... just think that Leah is really, really trying to make this happen, and happen wayyy too fast!  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, kicksave said:

I'm more than happy to agree to disagree, in fact, I've tried to be clear all along that I didn't think either way was wrong.  I've simply been trying to make the point that for some people, this isn't something they have a problem with.  To be very clear, though, there is a difference between the way that I was raised, with cursing not being a big deal and bad parenting.  One doesn't automatically equal the other.  Had I been cursing at school or at grandma's house, or had I been a kid in the neighborhood cursing and the other adults said something to me about it and I didn’t stop? I'd have been in trouble.  It was always understood that just like you might be able to go in the fridge at your house and get what you want when you want it, that doesn't apply elsewhere.  I was never allowed to be disrespectful to others and just because I could swear and my parents didn't care, other people do, so it was wrong and disrespectful in those cases.  

It's just not a black and white thing, that's my only point. Moving on . . .

5 hours ago, mscav said:

I've lived in both the north and the south and honestly, I have found that doors are far more likely to be allowed to slam in your face in the south.  I've also never met a single person who complained about a door being held open for them in the north.  Most of my family lives in the northeast and this hasn't been a thing I've ever witnessed.  I'm not saying that it hasn't happened, but it's just not the type of thing I've ever known anyone to complain about.  People hold doors for each other, whoever gets to it first holds it for the others.  The only thing that is annoying is when you get to the door, you hold it for your party and then like 40 people are behind you and no one in the other party grabs the door to take it over so you can head on in with your family.  It's like, I didn't sign on to be doorman today, you grab the door from me, then when your party is through, pass it to someone in the next group, and it all works out. 

3 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

This is my issue with the Jo situation.  If he simply had a problem with Kail not doing the paperwork to fix the child support situation like she said she was going to, then say THAT.  Don't come out with a song and dance about the air conditioner, because it makes it sound like you aren't able to pay your bills and support yourself/your family without the money you feel you are "owed" from Kail.  And if that's the case, then why didn't you get up and do something about the situation?  Even if you were owed the money, why not get a job in the meantime?  I totally get that he may very well have a job off camera, but he has to consider that by not talking about it, even saying, "Of course, we work, but . . ." it makes it sound like he was sitting there plotting ways to get money from Kail to fix things rather than supporting his own family himself.

On another note, is it just me or does it seem like Leah's new man's house is some sort of staged home? Every time they film a scene in their house, I am looking at it thinking, this is a house that is owned solely by a guy in his late 30s? I feel like they're just squatting in some sort of real estate listing or model home.  

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, smores said:

On another note, is it just me or does it seem like Leah's new man's house is some sort of staged home? Every time they film a scene in their house, I am looking at it thinking, this is a house that is owned solely by a guy in his late 30s? I feel like they're just squatting in some sort of real estate listing or model home.  

Yassssss!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lock box on the door. I know a lot of guys aren't into decorating, but Jason's place has such a sterile, un-lived in feel. I think I saw one photo collage in the background, but no personal touches otherwise. Even if you're a neat freak, you're still going to have some stuff laying around. It looks like Leah and Jason attended an open house and decided to film their scenes. Their whole situation is just weird, IMO.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yassssss!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lock box on the door. I know a lot of guys aren't into decorating, but Jason's place has such a sterile, un-lived in feel. I think I saw one photo collage in the background, but no personal touches otherwise. Even if you're a neat freak, you're still going to have some stuff laying around. It looks like Leah and Jason attended an open house and decided to film their scenes. Their whole situation is just weird, IMO.

It's not so much the lack of decorating that stands out to me, I think, it's the random weird, generic décor touches.  Like they'll be at a table and aren't eating anything, but have glasses of wine and the table is set with chargers, bowls and cloth napkins decoratively.  What guy does that?  Or they are sitting on a couch and in the background are strategically placed "art objects" and a wooden cut out "Family" sign.  It's got this pinterest-chic vibe that you'd see in Kail's house or maybe parts of Chelsea's, but it's really kind of odd for a random guy who lives on his own.  

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Adiba said:

Did Jo say whether he merely needed to get the AC fixed or did he need a whole new unit/ system? Mine cost over $5,000 when I had to replace it a couple of years ago. That’s a good chunk of change if he and Vee aren’t earning decent money.

Yep, we had to get a new one about 6-7 years ago when we lived at our 1,100 sq ft condo.  When all was said and done, it cost a little over $6k.  The AC company guy said most people (with decent credit) don't have $6k just hanging out somewhere, so the vast majority of his clients (who can get approved) pay it on a 12 month payment plan with no interest.  We were paying over $500/mo to pay it off interest free in a year (and did it), but this was before we had kids/childcare bills/etc....and we definitely missed that extra $500+/mo of income that was going to pay for the new air conditioner.

I could totally understand if Kail had said she'd cancel child support and didn't (or he could have been getting child support) and his whole AC went out and he thought "wow, it's going to cost 12 months worth of child support payments/how many payments I've made since she said she'd cancel child support/etc to replace it" and got a little miffed. I would have been, too.  It's also possible Jo & Vee were trying to save up to pay for the new AC without a payment plan (if there wasn't an interest free option available or they just didn't want the bill monthly, etc), so they realized they may have had more money in savings had Kail canceled support earlier as she said she would, or if Jo had been receiving support from Kail as he is apparently now entitled to based on their income differences. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Adiba said:

i kind of figured Jo was merely asking for more than he really wanted from Kail as a way to force her to pay him back— as well as letting her know that he could get more under the state guidelines.

Replacing my HVAC seven years ago cost me $6,000 and I got a break because one of the AC folks is married to a friend of mine.  I live in a much smaller house than Jo and Vee, too.  I had to use my equity line for at least half of it because I didn't have enough in my savings.  I know they tell you to save a certain amount each year for house expenses, but sometimes things like sick pets and emergency vet visits pop up and you find yourself a bit short in the savings departments ...

10 hours ago, smores said:

This is my issue with the Jo situation.  If he simply had a problem with Kail not doing the paperwork to fix the child support situation like she said she was going to, then say THAT.  Don't come out with a song and dance about the air conditioner, because it makes it sound like you aren't able to pay your bills and support yourself/your family without the money you feel you are "owed" from Kail.  And if that's the case, then why didn't you get up and do something about the situation?  Even if you were owed the money, why not get a job in the meantime?  I totally get that he may very well have a job off camera, but he has to consider that by not talking about it, even saying, "Of course, we work, but . . ." it makes it sound like he was sitting there plotting ways to get money from Kail to fix things rather than supporting his own family himself.

I agree that he should have just SAID he wanted the money, but I have a close relative who will make up all kinds of excuses to ask for what she wants, rather than simply just stating that she wants something.    So I immediately thought he went the path of least resistance because that might have meant less arguing.  How could Kail complain if it meant her son could have AC?

I have no opinion on whether he has a job or not.  I tend to think people should try to support themselves if at all possible, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, smores said:

It's not so much the lack of decorating that stands out to me, I think, it's the random weird, generic décor touches.  Like they'll be at a table and aren't eating anything, but have glasses of wine and the table is set with chargers, bowls and cloth napkins decoratively.  What guy does that?  Or they are sitting on a couch and in the background are strategically placed "art objects" and a wooden cut out "Family" sign.  It's got this pinterest-chic vibe that you'd see in Kail's house or maybe parts of Chelsea's, but it's really kind of odd for a random guy who lives on his own.  

I agree! I have thought the same thing. It does seem really random for a single guy his age, unless maybe his mother decorated it!

weird story, but when I was with a guy from California, I went on a trip to meet his family. They were nice as could be, but their house was eerily sterile too. It didn't feel loved in at all, and then I put my finger on it...there was NO indication of a history there. I thought of my own parents' house, with lots of photo albums, framed pictures, antiques handed down from grandparents, the odd thing here or there that is from the kids' childhood and looks slightly out of place, boxes in the closets of old stuff, etc. His family had absolutely none of that! Everything was super sleek and modern, and to say there was no clutter was an understatement. There were probably like 10 pieces of paper in the entire house, and none of them were things like old report cards, photos, etc. It was honestly kind of creepy! You don't have to go overboard, but most families have some sort of indication that they've had a history together. 

So some people do have houses that look like Jason's, but it's rare. I guess the test will be how it looks after Leah lives there a while! Her mess will be unmistakable. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Sounds like Jo filed mostly to get his year's worth of money back. As much as I am Team Rivera, if you're having a short term cash shortage and can't  get your AC fixed, it doesn't  hurt to drive Uber for a bit, Jo. 

83a6df3.jpg

you guys, Kail's on Game of Thrones now?  (j/k)

also, it pisses me off to no end when people think that a 9-to-5 job is beneath them (she said from beneath the pile of  papers in her cubicle.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I have deleted the episode; but, for some reason, I came away thinking they needed a whole new AC. AC units are freaking expensive. And residential HVAC companies really overcharge for labor, even on small fixes. My husband owns his own commercial/industrial HVAC business. Before starting it up, he was the commercial superintendent for a company that had a residential side too. He could not believe the way they would gouge customers! I'm so lucky I'm married to him because a few years back we needed a whole new unit. He was able to buy it at cost and did the labor himself. I don't know too many people who can just pay for a brand new AC. 

• Love 6

He definitely said "Here I am trying to figure out how I’m going to fix the air conditioner," but I guess he could have meant they eventually had to get a new one...?

I think Leah's man lives in an AirBnB. I don't mind the guy too much but he does seem a tad off.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I have deleted the episode; but, for some reason, I came away thinking they needed a whole new AC. AC units are freaking expensive. And residential HVAC companies really overcharge for labor, even on small fixes. My husband owns his own commercial/industrial HVAC business. Before starting it up, he was the commercial superintendent for a company that had a residential side too. He could not believe the way they would gouge customers! I'm so lucky I'm married to him because a few years back we needed a whole new unit. He was able to buy it at cost and did the labor himself. I don't know too many people who can just pay for a brand new AC. 

I just rewatched the scene with Jo and Vee. He said he’s trying to figure out how to fix “the air conditioner upstairs.” Then he says, "Isaac spent half the summer sleeping on the couch because he doesn’t have AC.” 

If Isaac slept on the couch all summer in order to have air conditioning, then it sounds like a window unit in his room was not working. If there are multiple mini splits and the one upstairs is not working, he would have said that they don’t have AC upstairs. Instead, he as talking about Isaac’s room. He said he was trying to figure out how to fix it and did not say he was trying to figure out how to come up with the money to fix it. 

I understand that saving is difficult and many regular workaday people don’t have five grand laying around but sorry, Jo owns another house that he had listed for rent last year or something. Rivera Properties or something it was called. He also made it clear that they are not broke and Vee agreed with him. I think he has the money to fix it but is pissed because the dent he will put in his savings is a whole lot larger than Kail would feel if she had to fix something. Once again, I hate Kail but that’s just Jo being envious of Kail’s money. I’m sure he loves Vee but there’s no way that somewhere down deep he doesn't wonder how things might have been for him if he and Kail stayed together.  

I know they have settled it but I wrote the following before reading that here:

With regard to the child support order, I again fully support Jo getting that money back but after rewatching this scene, I don’t understand Jo. He knows Kail is a trash bitch and he kept telling her for months and months to turn of the child support and she did not do it. Well, why not to go court yourself after a few months? You complain 9-10 months later or whatever when you allowed this to continue? He was perfectly free to go to court and say they have 50/50 and the child support auto payment should be stopped and Kail is refusing to do that.

Edited by configdotsys
Fixed a messed up sentence.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I just rewatched the scene with Jo and Vee. He said he’s trying to figure out how to fix “the air conditioner upstairs.” Then he says, "Isaac spent half the summer sleeping on the couch because he doesn’t have AC.” 

If Isaac slept on the couch all summer in order to have air conditioning, then it sounds like a window unit in his room was not working. If there are multiple mini splits and the one upstairs is not working, he would have said that they don’t have AC upstairs. Instead, he as talking about Isaac’s room. He said he was trying to figure out how to fix it and did not say he was trying to figure out how to come up with the money to fix it. 

I understand that saving is difficult and many regular workaday people don’t have five grand laying around but sorry, Jo owns another house that he had listed for rent last year or something. Rivera Properties or something it was called. He also made it clear that they are not broke and Vee agreed with him. I think he has the money to fix it but is pissed because the dent he will put in his savings is a whole lot larger than Kail would feel if she had to fix something. Once again, I hate Kail but that’s just Jo being envious of Kail’s money. I’m sure he loves Vee but there’s no way that somewhere down deep he things he doesn't wonder how things might have been for him if he and Kail stayed together.  

I know they have settled it but I wrote the following before reading that here:

With regard to the child support order, I again fully support Jo getting that money back but after rewatching this scene, I don’t understand Jo. He knows Kail is a trash bitch and he kept telling her for months and months to turn of the child support and she did not do it. Well, why not to go court yourself after a few months? You complain 9-10 months later or whatever when you allowed this to continue? He was perfectly free to go to court and say they have 50/50 and the child support auto payment should be stopped and Kail is refusing to do that.

Thanks. It does seem like maybe it was just a window unit. That should be a fairly easy fix. 

Jealousy is a useless emotion; but I can't say I wouldn't feel the same way. He must feel like Kail is making all this money from the show and what-not, but it's partly because of him. They made a baby together. I'm not saying it's right, but I have been a bitter bitch myself before. 

I do not blame him for waiting, though. We've seen the wrath Kail unleashes on those who displease her. He probably held off in an effort to keep the peace between them for the sake of the kids. I have a feeling this new lawyer is advising him a lot on how to frame this new request for CS. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

His family had absolutely none of that! Everything was super sleek and modern, and to say there was no clutter was an understatement. There were probably like 10 pieces of paper in the entire house, and none of them were things like old report cards, photos, etc. It was honestly kind of creepy! You don't have to go overboard, but most families have some sort of indication that they've had a history together.

My parents didn't keep any of the kids' old report cards or anything like that, and they were never into photos.  They had one frame with a picture of each kid arranged in it, and that was the kids' doing (or, rather, my siblings' doing, no doubt because they couldn't think of anything else to give them, and I just went along).   

Both of my folks were naturally non-acquisitive.  When the second one died, we cleared out the house in one day. 

Different strokes.

So some people do have houses that look like Jason's, but it's rare. I guess the test will be how it looks after Leah lives there a while! Her mess will be unmistakable. 

No doubt!

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Jealousy is a useless emotion; but I can't say I wouldn't feel the same way. He must feel like Kail is making all this money from the show and what-not, but it's partly because of him. They made a baby together. I'm not saying it's right, but I have been a bitter bitch myself before.

Jo's making some TM money, though.  Not as much as Kail, but that makes sense because she's the star and he's not.  So he's getting a share.

But if he were wise, he'd look at it as bonus money and sock it away and not use it for daily living, because he has no idea how long he's going to keep getting it. 

If he were doing that, he'd easily have the money to pay for a new window unit, or even a whole-house air conditioner, instead of having his kid sleep on the couch (I'd say Isaac is no doubt fine with it, but he's kind of a particular kid, so I'm actually not sure).

• Love 1

Does anyone else think that Jason is trying to create an image of himself for the show that doesn't fit reality?  I mean, he wears scrubs to work when he's allegedly a salesman of something...pharmaceuticals or medical equipment; he lives in a spotless, gorgeous home that doesn't seem to fit him at all; and then he shows up downstairs to talk with Leah in a camo polo shirt topped by an ill-fitting blazer.  It's the former and the latter that bother me most...talk about attempted impression management!

• Love 11

I. Hate. Kailyn. I hate her so much that I'm just now watching this week's episode. She is absolutely a hypocrite. Wasn't she clocking Jo's income like a hawk and going in for revisions every other day? Isn't she balling out of control?Why take Jo's little money? And then she's mad at $1000 when according to her she should be paying 10k or at least $2300 once she hides some of that money. 

Why is Leah's new man sooooo into the girls? Its weird. 

I wish Chelsea would stop harassing Aubree already. Randy is the voice of reason on this one. 

The only other thing that got my attention this episode was Briana letting her daughter drink what appeared to be soda. I gagged. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Does anyone else think that Jason is trying to create an image of himself for the show that doesn't fit reality?  I mean, he wears scrubs to work when he's allegedly a salesman of something...pharmaceuticals or medical equipment; he lives in a spotless, gorgeous home that doesn't seem to fit him at all; and then he shows up downstairs to talk with Leah in a camo polo shirt topped by an ill-fitting blazer.  It's the former and the latter that bother me most...talk about attempted impression management!

emmy awards emmys 2018 GIF by Emmys

• LOL 3
  • Love 1