Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Surprise

druzy
  • Start Topic

I know Jo and Javi love their boys, But I bet they regret the day they met Kail.  What a monster.  Get your money Joe. I too wondered what the heck was wrong with a suburban and Kail's house.  They are both nice, but not good enough? She is never happy. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 17

Since @eskimo said about every single thing I wanted to say about Hulk I won't repeat it.

Janelle - every single thing she listed as reason for concern and why Nathan shouldn't have unsupervised visitations is the reason she shouldn't have any access to any of her children. Plus I would add sinking house (unsafe), drug use and all the guns they own. You think she is watching her children 24/7? We all know all the childcare is and always was on UBT. And I wonder how much childcare he actually does have time for between his raging posts, being abusive to his wife, children and other innocent people, drug use and illegal hunting. 

These people are total hypocrites.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, ava111 said:

Since @eskimo said about every single thing I wanted to say about Hulk I won't repeat it.

Janelle - every single thing she listed as reason for concern and why Nathan shouldn't have unsupervised visitations is the reason she shouldn't have any access to any of her children. Plus I would add sinking house (unsafe), drug use and all the guns they own. You think she is watching her children 24/7? We all know all the childcare is and always was on UBT. And I wonder how much childcare he actually does have time for between his raging posts, being abusive to his wife, children and other innocent people, drug use and illegal hunting. 

When she said that, I was wishing soooooo badly that MTV would do a flashback to Jenelle locked in her room while Barbara finds Jace and Maryssa playing in the street. I wish they would call Jenelle out on her shit!

• Love 24

I've watched enough Judge Judy to know that it should be a slam dunk for Jo to get his overpayments back from Kail in full. I totally support that. Part of me is not very sympathetic to a person sitting in his own home (many will never afford a house) lamenting how he can't get the AC fixed. Why not? What is he doing? If his real estate biz isn't as profitable as he would like then, to quote Judge Judy (and I'm cupping my hands around my mouth: "Get. A. Job. J-O-B."  

I hate Kail and think she's trash. I may not have been clear about that in the past. 🙂 Jo seems quite envious of her thousands per month from Instagram and other income as he sits in his recliner pouting over his lack of wealth.  If someone is willing to pay her, she's going to take the money just as he would. What I don't get is why anyone is paying anything if there is a 50/50 custody arrangement.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

This 1000x!

My daughter in law takes the kids to dentist but I’m amazed how many pediatric appointments my son goes to. I thought it was maybe going to be infant time period but they are 4 and almost 8. A boyfriend going is ridiculous.  Maybe all three kids shouldn’t be in exam room if a tooth is being pulled and can’t leave other two in waiting room?  My daughter-in-law had the youngest come into exam room to watch when older boy was treated which I think is a good idea.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ava111 said:

Exactly what I thought. Janelle was just projecting.  She is no better, possibly worse than Nathan. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 10
On 2/26/2019 at 12:31 AM, CDC said:

I have only ever known one per in my life who wore a Mohawk hairstyle.  He did this from around 7-9.

My little grand does his own Faux Mo - he is 3 and it looks damn cute.  [see below]

23 hours ago, kicksave said:

Chelsea and Cole use a lot of four letter words in front of their children quite freely...as do other teen moms and their significant others. Maybe I'm just an old fashioned person but I just find the use of that language in front of little kids to be low class and irresponsible. Don't be surprised when your kids use this words back at you one day or you get a call from the school about your kid using the F word at a teacher. Think before you speak Chelsea and Cole...morons.

I am from a big Italian family and we all curse.  The kids make money off it since they get to charge us for any bad word they hear.  When I was a kid, if we got hurt, we got to say 1 swear word.  None of us are morons, none of us swear in public.  We were taught that saying God Da#+ or Jesus, Joseph and Mary was a huge no no since it would not be respectful to believers.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, BARISTA said:

I didn’t find that so weird as some people just enjoy driving more than others. I do find it extremely irritating that Leah couldn’t manage to / didn’t want to take her children to the dentist herself. There are plenty occasions that she might want her bf involved in, in order to integrate him into the family, but surely a routine dentist appointment isn’t one.  

Yeah, agreed, I HATE driving and everyone from in-laws who visit to every person I've ever dated has been encouraged to drive my car everywhere we go. I learned to drive late after spending adolescence/college in NYC and taking the subway and it always just makes me a tad jittery.

But the routine dentist appointment? Yeah, super weird. Leah seems to be doing better these days and I'm happy she's advocating for Allie and seems to be mentally healthier, but she always seems to do this super codependent/needy/damsel in distress of the holler thing every time she gets a boyfriend.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I've watched enough Judge Judy to know that it should be a slam dunk for Jo to get his overpayments back from Kail in full. I totally support that. Part of me is not very sympathetic to a person sitting in his own home (many will never afford a house) lamenting how he can't get the AC fixed. Why not? What is he doing? If his real estate biz isn't as profitable as he would like then, to quote Judge Judy (and I'm cupping my hands around my mouth: "Get. A. Job. J-O-B."  

I hate Kail and think she's trash. I may not have been clear about that in the past. 🙂 Jo seems quite envious of her thousands per month from Instagram and other income as he sits in his recliner pouting over his lack of wealth.  If someone is willing to pay her, she's going to take the money just as he would. What I don't get is why anyone is paying anything if there is a 50/50 custody arrangement.  

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. F*ck Kail but Jo has always come across as whiny and lazy to me. Don't like your Suburban, Kail? Don't like that your AC can't get fixed right away, Jo? Get a job, y'all.

It's one thing if you're working 50-60 hours a week, really tired and struggling and still unable to get what you need...but that's definitely not the case with these two. Why does anybody need to be paying anything at all?

I think Kail definitely needs to pay up now, though, because of all the child support Jo has totally unnecessarily paid her basically because she whined and wanted it. If all things were equal except their income (assuming both were making enough as a baseline, which they do), I'd say nobody should pay. But IMO she owes him now for all the money he's shilled out to her for no reason.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh I forgot about Jason’s “hey girl hey!”  I don’t think I’ve ever heard a guy say that!

AND SHE SAYS "HEY GIRL HEY" TO EVERYONE NOW!

I swear to god she must have said it at least 5 times in last night's episode. He's wormed his way in. I wonder how long before he pulls a Mamber on her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Leah basically has no story line this season. 

So Kail said she’d cancel Jo’s mandated child support when he got 50/50 custody, but “didn’t get around to doing it” for more than six months? Yeah, I’d sue her for back child support too. 

• Love 20

I too use a lot of curse words and when I was raising my kids they definitely heard them streaming from my mouth (particularly when driving).......however, I knew I should have more control and I just didn't use them casually when speaking with my kids or when they were present...........AND ESPECIALLY IF I WERE BEING VIDEOED . yes I know they get so comfortable with the cameras and crew that they just give us a real glimpse of reality -wink wink- but this is what really gets me. like Briana's mother and Briana and all of them cursing while discussing anything and everything with all the kids playing around them. 

Not a class act and not good judgement.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, smores said:

It's a pretty southern thing, I think.  People also "catch charges" like they are lightning bugs, apparently.

It’s actually “system” speak more than anything.  Catching charges is a big one.  Also “being on paper.”   So it doesn’t surprise me this is the vernacular Jenelle is familiar with.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I feel like this must be a Cole thing. I remember Chelsea cursing with her friends during the early seasons, but I never really thought of her as someone who used foul language. I wonder if Cole curses a blue streak, and now Chelsea had started to mimic it. I was so shocked when she said, "let's take down these lame ass stickers!" to Aubree when they moved into their house, because that seemed out of character, and then she dropped several F bombs. If she is doing it to fit in with Cole, it's not a good look. Or maybe, as @heatherchandler pointed out, they are just not too bright and don't realize they're doing it. Maybe they just started watching some show on Netflix with a lot of bad language, and started adopting those speaking habits themselves. Some people are easily influenced and not reflective. Whatever it is, I wish they would stop! I can't imagine that Randy and Mary raised Chelsea in a home with that kind of language. 

Oh because what, Chelsea, you’re going to replace them with American flags, D’s, and Mama Bear shit?  Please don’t act like you aren’t part of the Pinterest crew.  And I say this as someone who would probably be considered as part of that set.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Yeah, I do know he manages rental properties or something and that is absolutely work, but he waited a long-ass time to start doing that. Vee doesn't work full time either, I don't think.

Now, I totally hate Kail (and, uh, she doesn't work full-time either) and I'm absolutely Team Vee/Jo on this one and hope they get everything they ask for...but I've always gotten a bit of a lazy/wanting a payday thing from former aspiring rapper Jo. Again, Kail is WAY worse so nobody needs to jump on me, but I'm not feeling some deep sympathy for Jo or anything in this case. I just hate PFA-every-time-someone-doesn't-do-my-bidding, Suburban-shaming, cultural-appropriation-queen Kailyn enough to want her to lose. Badly. 

In Jo's defense, he worked as a copier machine technician for the first 4 years or so of Isaac's life. 

When Kail moved to Delaware with his son, he had to leave that job.  So he had a "normal people" full-time job for several years even after TM2 was on the air. (That's a lot longer than many people in these casts have kept "normal" jobs after TM/TM2 started to air, so that's at least t his credit.)

I think Vee puts together a living as a real estate agent and by doing make-up artistry (so she's self-employed, I supposed).  Being a realtor can most definitely be a full-time job, even if it doesn't have traditional "40 hours in an office/retail space/etc per week" schedule.  Plenty of realtors do realty as their full-time job. Prior to getting her realtor license and make-up artistry credentials, Vee was taking classes/studying for those credentials.  Before moving to Delaware, I believe she worked at a daycare & went to school. 

I don't know what Jo did between leaving his job as a copier machine tech & what he says he does now, but I don't think over the course of the whole series that Jo has been spending the whole run on the couch/without a "real" job (like Jenelle, Tyler, Catelynn, etc).  

If he's working a "normal" person job now, then it seems wise that he's not giving the public too much information about that job as I'm sure some delusional Kail fans might call or come to his place of business to confront him (because as Twitter shows, some people are crazy).  It's probably best for his job security to not be too public about his job if he's working for someone else, etc. We don't see a whole lot of Jo's life and I don't trust Kail's narrative 100%.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

In Jo's defense, he worked as a copier machine technician for the first 4 years or so of Isaac's life. 

When Kail moved to Delaware with his son, he had to leave that job.  So he had a "normal people" full-time job for several years even after TM2 was on the air. (That's a lot longer than many people in these casts have kept "normal" jobs after TM/TM2 started to air, so that's at least t his credit.)

I think Vee puts together a living as a real estate agent and by doing make-up artistry (so she's self-employed, I supposed).  Being a realtor can most definitely be a full-time job, even if it doesn't have traditional "40 hours in an office/retail space/etc per week" schedule.  Plenty of realtors do realty as their full-time job. Prior to getting her realtor license and make-up artistry credentials, Vee was taking classes/studying for those credentials.  Before moving to Delaware, I believe she worked at a daycare & went to school. 

I don't know what Jo did between leaving his job as a copier machine tech & what he says he does now, but I don't think over the course of the whole series that Jo has been spending the whole run on the couch/without a "real" job (like Jenelle, Tyler, Catelynn, etc).  

If he's working a "normal" person job now, then it seems wise that he's not giving the public too much information about that job as I'm sure some delusional Kail fans might call or come to his place of business to confront him (because as Twitter shows, some people are crazy).  It's probably best for his job security to not be too public about his job if he's working for someone else, etc. We don't see a whole lot of Jo's life and I don't trust Kail's narrative 100%.

That's all definitely true, though he said a few seasons back to Dr. Drew that he didn't have a job and didn't need one, at least on the show, so I think there was at least a stretch where he pretty much thought "whatever." I'm not saying he's "unemployed" or anything, just that if my kid had to sleep on the couch because of a broken AC and I wasn't already working 70-hour weeks or taking on multiple jobs, I'd certainly start so s/he wouldn't have to. Child support would not be my solution to that. Though, as others have said, maybe that's how the lawyers have told him to frame it, so can't fault him there if that's the case.

And as always, this has nothing to do with the CS thing to me-- Kail should pay up and pay well, she's forced him to pay plenty that she didn't need and filed false PFAs whenever a boyfriend pissed her off, so I have negative levels of sympathy for that bitch. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, smores said:

I kept thinking during this segment, so what exactly is it that you DO for a living? I know there's vague "real estate" stuff, but, if that's not enough to pay the bills and keep Isaac in a bed in his room with air conditioning, then, umm, maybe it's time for you or Vee to get a job?  You chose to have 2 kids, it's time to step out and pay the bills.  I totally support him getting the child support waived or whatever, but, I just don't know that I buy the whole sob story that he was trying to sell about how he's over here struggling and she's over there living the high life.

It's a pretty southern thing, I think.  People also "catch charges" like they are lightning bugs, apparently.

I think it's totally normal for Cole to be mad, at times, that he isn't Aubree's father.  He's the one who IS her father, for the most part, he's the one who does all of the heavy lifting, and yet, he has to sit there and watch someone else break her heart over and over.  I'll go out on a limb and say that he likely doesn't care if he's her father, stepfather or anything else, he mostly just wants Adam to either be in, as in, all in and responsible or just out, so they can move on and Aubree isn't hurt.  

I am essentially Aubree, though my biofather was more involved in my life and there were no drugs.  I knew at a pretty early age (younger than Aubree), that my dad wanted to adopt me and also that my biofather wasn't allowing it.  It was just a fact, nothing overly emotional, it's just part of my life, and if anything then I knew that it meant I was that important to my dad.  From the day he married my mother, he was my dad, just as Cole is to Aubree, and regardless of any paperwork, nothing will change that.  Cole is more than willing to adopt her, but, he's also made it clear that he's good with her making the choice to keep things as they are.  In fact, he told her in the car when Chelsea had asked if she wanted to talk about it and Aubree said no, that it was fine, and that it was all up to her.  Whatever she wants is absolutely ok.

On a random note, though, having a blended family is a bit more complicated from a legal perspective.  They do need to make sure they have custody paperwork set up as far as guardianship if something happens to Chelsea so that Cole can remain her parent.  Then, later on down the road, if they want Aubree to be able to make any kind of medical decisions for Cole, that has to be set up legally.  It's so easy to forget that it's your dad, but then when there's paperwork involved it gets more complicated.

Not everyone feels this way, though.  I'm from a family where curse words are just . . . words.  I would never have used the F word at school, because I'd have gotten killed for being dumb enough to curse at school.  We were taught that there is a time and place for things, you don't curse at school, you don't swear at grandma's, not everyone likes certain language, so be respectful, etc.  But, if we dropped something and said, "Shit!"?  No one blinked.  Now, my parents were really specific about language that was hurtful to people, so while many of my peers would call each other "gay" as a slur, I knew better than to do that.  I'd have been killed.  It would have been like one of my friend's parents finding out they said the F word.  Telling someone to shut up? Also off limits.  As was swearing at someone.  But, a random exclamation if you drop something on your foot? It's just another word used for emphasis, with no other real power.  

I was saying that they use these words liberally in front of the kids and not in the way you described like something fell on your foot. I cringe when I see Chelsea and Cole and Jenelle and David (and formally Farrah) using this language in front of their children...adults should have some discipline or self control in front of their children and not use language that is inappropriate for them to hear....it's called parenting. If these words have no power, as you said, then why say them at all? Especially in front of your small children...

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Yeah, agreed, I HATE driving and everyone from in-laws who visit to every person I've ever dated has been encouraged to drive my car everywhere we go

I live in the greater Detroit area and am on the east side.  I hate driving on the west side and can't do the "mixing bowl".  I had a major meltdown last week when my usual chauffeur was up at college.  I too will let anyone, without accidents or tickets, drive me and my car.

11 hours ago, smores said:

Not everyone feels this way, though.  I'm from a family where curse words are just . . . words.  I would never have used the F word at school, because I'd have gotten killed for being dumb enough to curse at school.  We were taught that there is a time and place for things, you don't curse at school, you don't swear at grandma's, not everyone likes certain language, so be respectful, etc.  But, if we dropped something and said, "Shit!"?  No one blinked.  Now, my parents were really specific about language that was hurtful to people, so while many of my peers would call each other "gay" as a slur, I knew better than to do that. 

I am with you and had forgotten to say that any slurs were a huge no-no.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Lemur said:

Also, what in the name of all that is good and holy is all that ... crap? I don't even know what ... in the back of Kail's not-good-enough Suburban?  Is she's a junker?  Is she cruising around on bulk day looking for scrap metal and old furniture to spray paint and sell at flea markets?  The hell?

Maybe she borrowed Leah’s car?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

The 18-49 demo rating is the only one networks and advertisers care about.  The show averages about .5, which I guess is considered pretty good.

So they don't care about me, which makes me happy that I don't contribute to their advertising revenue.

Too bad there is no "hate watch" category.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

So they don't care about me, which makes me happy that I don't contribute to their advertising revenue.

Too bad there is no "hate watch" category.

I wonder what the ratio would be of hate watchers to non-hate watchers?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I'm trying to catch up on the season and I have to say, I love the new organization at PTV.  I missed the groupings of shows by the type of show they were and always going alphabetically drove me insane.

Two things.  I have forgotten why Kail won't talk to Javi's new gf.  Did the gf do anything or is Kail just pissed that Javi moved on?

Second, is Janelle the world's worst liar or what?  You can tell when she's making up a story, she's not a very good actor.  Like in a show close to the first season she was telling some tale in a restaurant with Barb and the blond curly haired producer and both Barb and the producer knew she was lying but humored her.

I almost forgot, I missed it somewhere, what job does Leah's new bf have?

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 3
On 2/25/2019 at 11:52 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

Stella looks a LOT more like Nova than she looks like Luis.  Was Devoin talking to Briana at any point during the time that Stella was conceived?

Funny, when I watched this, I thought Stella looks EXACTLY like Luis.  Just has more hair.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I almost forgot, I missed it somewhere, what job does Leah's new bf have?

I'm sure his next job title will be "boyfriend of TM2 cast member."

$50 Leah will end up pregnant by the end of this year.

Probably Briana too. And then will complain about having 3 deadbeat fathers of her children. Gotta keep those storylines alive!

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Exactly what I thought. Janelle was just projecting.  She is no better, possibly worse than Nathan. 

I don't think she's even projecting. I think she's that obtuse. She needs to criticize Nathan, especially since she knows David is watching. But she doesn't even realize that every negative about Nathan applies to her as well. She truly thinks she's a good mom.

44 minutes ago, forevertwentynine said:

Funny, when I watched this, I thought Stella looks EXACTLY like Luis.  Just has more hair.

Same. She's also darker complected. But she looks so much like him, to me. 

• Love 8

Briana mentioned when she was busy filing for child support, that she would be going to NY to tell Luis. Why the heck would she need to travel to NY to tell him that? Send him a damn text. Unless she's using that as an excuse to visit her new bf at the same time.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

I was saying that they use these words liberally in front of the kids and not in the way you described like something fell on your foot. I cringe when I see Chelsea and Cole and Jenelle and David (and formally Farrah) using this language in front of their children...adults should have some discipline or self control in front of their children and not use language that is inappropriate for them to hear....it's called parenting. If these words have no power, as you said, then why say them at all? Especially in front of your small children...

For some people, though, it's a pick your battles thing.  The vocabulary that I choose to use, including profanity, isn't a matter of a lack of discipline or self control.  And for some people, they don't believe that swearing is inappropriate for kids to hear.  Seriously, in the house I grew up in, it's not a thing, no one cares.  But, there is no saving you if you said something that was hurtful to someone else, like calling a kid "gay" (I grew up in the 80s, it was relatively common for people to insult others by saying "You're so gay").  If I had said something like that, I would have been in more trouble than you can ever imagine.  I can't stress that enough.  But my parents didn't give a shit if I swore or if I made my bed.  Those things don't matter to them at all.  

Now, I had friends who would get grounded for a week if they didn't make their bed, even if they were running late and would have missed their bus.  They also would have been in huge trouble, grounded, hit, mouths washed out with soap, whatever, if their parents heard them say the word "shit"  But, their parents had no issue if they called other kids "gay" as an insult.  People just have different triggers.  Does it make them better parents because they policed their language? Or made them make their beds?  Honestly, I don't think so.  I just think they had their things that was important to them, and that's what works for them.  My only point is that for some people, the language isn't a thing.  Kids are able to grow up knowing it's not something they get to say, or something they get to use in certain situations and everyone lives just fine.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Regarding driving someone else' seems car - does anyone know any men whose girlfriends drive their cars instead of them? I sure don't. Just seems very sexist to me to step aside and let your bf drive your own car,

Let's hope he was just helping her out and maybe she doesn't like driving that stretch of road or in that area. If he insisted he drive (I haven't seen the episode), then that could be a different story and we should all start praying he's not another control freak/abuser like UBT.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Regarding driving someone else' seems car - does anyone know any men whose girlfriends drive their cars instead of them? I sure don't. Just seems very sexist to me to step aside and let your bf drive your own car,

I agree, however I think women like Leah empower and create this type of sexist behavior. She clearly wanted to show up to the dentist office with her “man” driving the family.  Partly so Corey would see it, and the other part I feel is to show her girlses that she’s got a “real man” in her life. She’s so simple minded and her entire life and world revolves around looks and landing a man. It’s unfortunate that her daughters are learning this type of behavior. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I have forgotten why Kail won't talk to Javi's new gf.  Did the gf do anything or is Kail just pissed that Javi moved on?

Maybe this:

Sources say Kailyn Lowry’s cold treatment towards Javi Marroquin’s girlfriend started with a series of text messages. Apparently, the Teen Mom 2 alum discovered that Lauren Comeau was calling her names behind her back.

Kailyn Lowry said she read messages from Lauren in Javi’s phone where she referred to her as a “tw*t” and “b*tch ex-wife.” Obviously, that did not sit well with the reality star.

https://soapdirt.com/teen-mom-2-kailyn-avoids-javis-new-girl-during-first-meeting

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Maybe this:

Sources say Kailyn Lowry’s cold treatment towards Javi Marroquin’s girlfriend started with a series of text messages. Apparently, the Teen Mom 2 alum discovered that Lauren Comeau was calling her names behind her back.

Kailyn Lowry said she read messages from Lauren in Javi’s phone where she referred to her as a “tw*t” and “b*tch ex-wife.” Obviously, that did not sit well with the reality star.

https://soapdirt.com/teen-mom-2-kailyn-avoids-javis-new-girl-during-first-meeting

So Kail just breezes past the part where she was snooping in her EX-husband's phone?  Doing the same shit she called Javi "controlling" over when he wanted to see her texts when they were still married.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
21 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. F*ck Kail but Jo has always come across as whiny and lazy to me. Don't like your Suburban, Kail? Don't like that your AC can't get fixed right away, Jo? Get a job, y'all.

It's one thing if you're working 50-60 hours a week, really tired and struggling and still unable to get what you need...but that's definitely not the case with these two. Why does anybody need to be paying anything at all?

I think Kail definitely needs to pay up now, though, because of all the child support Jo has totally unnecessarily paid her basically because she whined and wanted it. If all things were equal except their income (assuming both were making enough as a baseline, which they do), I'd say nobody should pay. But IMO she owes him now for all the money he's shilled out to her for no reason.

I agree has Joe ever worked? He did try to be a rapper or something in the past😳😳😳😳😳

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Well, in my case, all the kids drive my car both male and female.  14 and have your learner's permit?  Step right up and climb in.  All the kids say that I am a very good instructor and calm.

2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Perhaps Javi left his phone open for her to see?

4 hours ago, smores said:

They also would have been in huge trouble, grounded, hit, mouths washed out with soap, whatever, if their parents heard them say the word "shit"  But, their parents had no issue if they called other kids "gay" as an insult

That is a very good point.  We also don't cuss AT anyone.  It might be a shit day or to hell with the ices storm......

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

That sounds very far fetched . I drove boyfriends cars every so often if they were tired or just because. Im married now and I never feel like driving so I make my husband drive my car . I’m sorry I’m not seeing anything sexist there . 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m a wife, so not a girlfriend, but if my husband and I are going somewhere together, I drive, regardless of whose car we’re in. But, it’s because we have had way too many arguments about how he’s driving while I’m a passenger. I guess I’m a terrible backseat driver. Lol. So, for the health of our marriage, we decided to eliminate the conflict by just having me always drive. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

You know, watching I think it was this episode, I see that Gracie is still a massive bitch to Ali.  She still puts her down and I think she holds a ton of resentment towards her.  She's too young to see the amount of hurt that Ali has and I fear that Gracie is going to explode with that resentment when she gets older.  I know they talked about counseling and took her to one but that child still needs a lot of help.

• Love 8

While reading this thread I realized that I don't remember not liking Jo, although I know I did. Kail's such trash that all his faults have evaporated from my memory. I was really happy when he fought the child support because he was doing what all the assholes do and complaining that he shouldn't have to pay Kail's expenses, since she would have to cover herself anyway. Unfortunately for us, he took it to an attorney who didn't allow filming so we didn't get to see him be told it was too fucking bad. Then, when he says he'll just go after full custody since his family has Isaac more because they babysit while she was in school and working part time, Janet told him he would sabotage himself because Kail would enroll him in daycare that Jo would have to pay, again off camera because we can't have nice things. All we got was a quick scene of him telling someone about it.

The only time Jo didn't have an out-of-the-home job was when he first moved to Delaware. He went from the office supply service job in Pennsylvania to one in New Jersey, I think, wherever it was that he moved with Vee and started his rap career. This part is a bit hazy because of my current multiple sclerosis flare, but I think that business filed bankruptcy and Jo was receiving unemployment and decided if he was going to move to be near Isaac before he started school, now was the time. Kail had been making waves about Javi getting transferred and Jo would have a more secure claims to keep Isaac from moving if he was established there, too. Vee was working at that daycare center and had to decide whether to go with him or not, and ultimately decided to go. She had been in school for early childhood education or something, but I think she quit that before the move and not because of it. She had an office job doing something in Delaware because and they threw her a party as she was leaving on maternity leave, and she posted how hard it was when she had to return to work.

They have both been pretty quiet about their lives and don't film much. This is really scraping my memories, but I think that Jo began investing in real estate in NJ, when he provided the start up funds for his brother or someone else's barber shop, then became their landlord. There was some business with his brother and there is something floating around about a barbershop but it very well could just be crossed wires in my mushy brain. He was also an investor in the "Talent Agency" that repped his rapping career and some of the models for videos like Vee, but I'm pretty sure that folded after that one fairly well-known for the area DJ left.  At one point in time it was revealed that Jo was working as an electrician apprentice, but I think that turned out to be someone with the same name and birth year.

Unlike Kail, both Jo and Vee seem to be frugal and not flashy when it comes to money, so they may have just had a short-term cash flow problem like the majority of the rest of us. When this show finally gets cancelled in the year 2050, Jo and Vee will have some properties, retirement, and college funds to look at while Kail tries to get some doctor to fix her bad plastic surgery for free.

He was an ass, though, wasn't he? Am I misremembering that fact? I don't think I've ever thought he was lazy, but I really wanted to watch him get reamed when he didn't want to pay child support even though he could make the argument that he had more possession of Isaac than Kail at that time. Someone mentioned that they thought Jo's parents lost money when the real estate bubble burst, and I kind of remember that, too. I think the dad may have also been a car salesman or something. I just realized that his whole family is fairly private about their lives. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Christina said:

While reading this thread I realized that I don't remember not liking Jo, although I know I did. Kail's such trash that all his faults have evaporated from my memory. I was really happy when he fought the child support because he was doing what all the assholes do and complaining that he shouldn't have to pay Kail's expenses, since she would have to cover herself anyway. Unfortunately for us, he took it to an attorney who didn't allow filming so we didn't get to see him be told it was too fucking bad. Then, when he says he'll just go after full custody since his family has Isaac more because they babysit while she was in school and working part time, Janet told him he would sabotage himself because Kail would enroll him in daycare that Jo would have to pay, again off camera because we can't have nice things. All we got was a quick scene of him telling someone about it.

The only time Jo didn't have an out-of-the-home job was when he first moved to Delaware. He went from the office supply service job in Pennsylvania to one in New Jersey, I think, wherever it was that he moved with Vee and started his rap career. This part is a bit hazy because of my current multiple sclerosis flare, but I think that business filed bankruptcy and Jo was receiving unemployment and decided if he was going to move to be near Isaac before he started school, now was the time. Kail had been making waves about Javi getting transferred and Jo would have a more secure claims to keep Isaac from moving if he was established there, too. Vee was working at that daycare center and had to decide whether to go with him or not, and ultimately decided to go. She had been in school for early childhood education or something, but I think she quit that before the move and not because of it. She had an office job doing something in Delaware because and they threw her a party as she was leaving on maternity leave, and she posted how hard it was when she had to return to work.

They have both been pretty quiet about their lives and don't film much. This is really scraping my memories, but I think that Jo began investing in real estate in NJ, when he provided the start up funds for his brother or someone else's barber shop, then became their landlord. There was some business with his brother and there is something floating around about a barbershop but it very well could just be crossed wires in my mushy brain. He was also an investor in the "Talent Agency" that repped his rapping career and some of the models for videos like Vee, but I'm pretty sure that folded after that one fairly well-known for the area DJ left.  At one point in time it was revealed that Jo was working as an electrician apprentice, but I think that turned out to be someone with the same name and birth year.

Unlike Kail, both Jo and Vee seem to be frugal and not flashy when it comes to money, so they may have just had a short-term cash flow problem like the majority of the rest of us. When this show finally gets cancelled in the year 2050, Jo and Vee will have some properties, retirement, and college funds to look at while Kail tries to get some doctor to fix her bad plastic surgery for free.

He was an ass, though, wasn't he? Am I misremembering that fact? I don't think I've ever thought he was lazy, but I really wanted to watch him get reamed when he didn't want to pay child support even though he could make the argument that he had more possession of Isaac than Kail at that time. Someone mentioned that they thought Jo's parents lost money when the real estate bubble burst, and I kind of remember that, too. I think the dad may have also been a car salesman or something. I just realized that his whole family is fairly private about their lives. 

Jo was incredibly insufferable back in the beginning.  I couldn't stand him, and could never figure out how his parents managed to raise such a little tool.  He used to treat Isaac like he was almost a "thing" and fight with Kail about him that way, sort of like if you took your brother's Game Boy "It's in my room now so it's MINE!"  And he used to seem to leave a lot of the actual care of Isaac to his parents.  It was puzzling to me, because his parents really seemed to be pretty hands on, for both Jo and Kail, and they seemed to try to do their best to separate being Jo's parents from helping Kail as Isaac's mom as much as they could.  Kind of the way Ryan's parents are with Maci, if Maci hadn't had her own parents.  

Jo had a tremendous amount of growth, probably more than any other dad out of the group.  It took him a little while, but he really settled into it and he's gone out of his way to make sure Isaac is well cared for.  He's also made it a priority to make sure Lincoln is family, and he allowed Isaac to have Javi as family too, which I think is a huge thing.  I'm a kid who has a stepparent that I consider to be my parent (a Cole, basically), and for me it has always just made sense that having an extra person to love you in your family is a good thing.  I've had friends who have dealt with divorce and exes remarrying and the step parenting, and I know that it is not always ideal, but, I try to explain in from my perspective, that while I get that there are bumps to work out, and boundaries, ultimately, if the other person is there for your kid and loves your kid, it's a positive.  Jo and Javi were able to figure this out, and when little Isaac was worried about not seeing Javi after the divorce, I cried when Jo told him that he would make sure he saw him.  He's stepped up and it's strange when I see an old episode, it's like a totally different person.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, smores said:

Jo had a tremendous amount of growth, probably more than any other dad out of the group.  It took him a little while, but he really settled into it and he's gone out of his way to make sure Isaac is well cared for.  He's also made it a priority to make sure Lincoln is family, and he allowed Isaac to have Javi as family too, which I think is a huge thing.  I'm a kid who has a stepparent that I consider to be my parent (a Cole, basically), and for me it has always just made sense that having an extra person to love you in your family is a good thing.  I've had friends who have dealt with divorce and exes remarrying and the step parenting, and I know that it is not always ideal, but, I try to explain in from my perspective, that while I get that there are bumps to work out, and boundaries, ultimately, if the other person is there for your kid and loves your kid, it's a positive.  Jo and Javi were able to figure this out, and when little Isaac was worried about not seeing Javi after the divorce, I cried when Jo told him that he would make sure he saw him.  He's stepped up and it's strange when I see an old episode, it's like a totally different person.

Agree with your entire post. Jo and Vee are one of my favorite couples of this franchise; they've clearly demonstrated the depths of their commitment to Isaac.

And I don't think the whole thing with Javi would have worked nearly as smoothly if not for Jo; Javi is such a drama queen and would undoubtedly throw anyone under the bus for a story line.

• Love 11