Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Surprise

druzy
  • Start Topic

Chelsea receives surprising news about Adam’s other daughter.

Briana takes initiative and files for child support from Luis.

Jo drops a child support bomb on Kailyn.

Jenelle and Nathan’s court hearing is postponed.

Airs Monday February 25, 2019

• Love 6

I don't understand why Chelsea would bring this up with Aubree and "Let her know what's going on" when this does not affect her right now. Maybe Adam never saw Paislee and gave up his rights to get off the child support hook and does not want to do the same for Aubree either because he just doesn't want to or because his parents are very close with her. Why bring this up when it has not happened? Adam made no offers so what is there to say? "Aubree, your dad gave up his rights to Paislee and he might want to do the same with you. How do you feel about that?" If Chelsea and Paislee's mother get together on occasion so the girls can play, what benefit is it to tell Aubree that Adam gave up his rights to Paislee?

• Love 20
On 2/24/2019 at 5:56 PM, Christina87 said:

Briana complains about Luuuuuuis and Roxanne exclaims, "I CAN'T with this maaaaan!" Briana says, "he doesn't do nothin'," at least five times, and acts surprised.  

I predict at some point during this conversation, Briana stares blankly down and to the left or up and to the right (or vise versa), while she talks.  Then she'll rub her index finger between her eye and the bridge of her nose while lamenting this loser SHE PICKED.  Followed up by a big sigh (of exasperation over her self-induced problems). 

Eta-I was wrong.  I'm so disappointed,  thought I had it pegged.  Maybe next time....

Edited by eskimo
To add
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I don't understand why Chelsea would bring this up with Aubree and "Let her know what's going on" when this does not affect her right now. Maybe Adam never saw Paislee and gave up his rights to get off the child support hook and does not want to do the same for Aubree either because he just doesn't want to or because his parents are very close with her. Why bring this up when it has not happened? Adam made no offers so what is there to say? "Aubree, your dad gave up his rights to Paislee and he might want to do the same with you. How do you feel about that?" If Chelsea and Paislee's mother get together on occasion so the girls can play, what benefit is it to tell Aubree that Adam gave up his rights to Paislee?

I don't either. Paislee is so young, she doesn't even understand the dynamics of how she and Aubree are sisters. It's not like she's going to bring it up at one of their rare playdates. I wonder if Chelsea's agenda is to plant the bug in Aubree's head (much like she did with the name change), so it can pave the way for Adam to disappear and Cole to adopt her. It wouldn't even necessarily be a bad thing, but I think Chelsea is going to nudge Aubree in that direction so it can happen sooner rather than later.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't either. Paislee is so young, she doesn't even understand the dynamics of how she and Aubree are sisters. It's not like she's going to bring it up at one of their rare playdates. I wonder if Chelsea's agenda is to plant the bug in Aubree's head (much like she did with the name change), so it can pave the way for Adam to disappear and Cole to adopt her. It wouldn't even necessarily be a bad thing, but I think Chelsea is going to nudge Aubree in that direction so it can happen sooner rather than later.

I don’t see a problem with telling Aubree. Paisley is getting adopted by her step dad, that doesn’t need to be a secret. I think 9 is old enough to know that, not like she’s 3 or 4 but I DO agree with you that Chelsea is planting the idea in aubree’s head so that perhaps Cole could adopt her.

Of course I believe if Aubree wanted it Cole wouldn’t mind waiting until she was 18 (and then Adam’s permission wouldn’t matter)- but if that’s what they all want sooner is better than later. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Seriously Leah? Why the hell would Cory, Jason or Jeremy have to accompany you to a dentist appointment? Do kids these days really need that much hand-holding for routine cleanings and a simple tooth pull? They're desperate to manufacture drama out of anything, aren't they?

The court stuff is a waste of time? Barb, I've always been in your corner, but you're starting to lose me. 

You know, when you said “kid” I didn’t know if you were referring to Leah or the girls! Lol. 

I think that when parents want the other parent to accompany them to all this stuff it’s because they are bored and don’t know how to play with their phone while the child is getting their teeth cleaned. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Nathan really showed his ass in that scene when he hung up on his mom. His mom DARED to suggest that he ever plays any role in the conflicts between him and Jenelle (I think all she said was "it takes two" or "you all don't get along..." hardly insulting) and he called it belittling and hung up on her? What a narcissistic baby. 

I wish some of these kids had actual adults in their lives. Kaiser doesn't have a single one.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 23

OK, so at first I was like "hmm..." about Kailyn because yes, Jo *was* the one to initially say that they shouldn't go to court and should instead talk things out. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, etc. Kailyn presented it as him just going to his lawyer with no precedent, which, given their history, wouldn't have been great of him.

But then he spills the tea and actually she's still been getting child support from HIM every month while Isaac sleeps on a couch?! Lady, come on, you have to know your lies are going to be exposed. 

• Love 24
On 2/24/2019 at 5:02 PM, BitterApple said:

Classy language, DeBoers. And Cole, you can quit with the virtue signaling, everyone knows you're the world's best everything (eyeroll...). 

I know that Cole is really a good guy but he likes to signal that to us a little too often to seem realistic. I get that he probably feels awkward on camera and he's genuinely sweet, but every single scene just feels like he and Chelsea are just informing us again of how awesome he is. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

OK, so at first I was like "hmm..." about Kailyn because yes, Jo *was* the one to initially say that they shouldn't go to court and should instead talk things out. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, etc. Kailyn presented it as him just going to his lawyer with no precedent, which, given their history, wouldn't have been great of him.

But then he spills the tea and actually she's still been getting child support from HIM every month while Isaac sleeps on a couch?! Lady, come on, you have to know your lies are going to be exposed. 

Kail-

college accuse GIF

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I know that Cole is really a good guy but he likes to signal that to us a little too often to seem realistic. I get that he probably feels awkward on camera and he's genuinely sweet, but every single scene just feels like he and Chelsea are just informing us again of how awesome he is. 

I agree. 

And HI I haven’t seen you around lately. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, druzy said:

Nathan lives in Florida with his girlfriend and only goes to NC to film. He's a piece of garbage. He only cares about himself. He abuses women and disrespects his own mother.

Exactly and I absolutely do not believe he's entirely professional when he deals with David and Jenelle. He gives as good as he gets. 

Regarding Jo/Kail, I can kind of see both sides. First, it's Kail's fault for trying to be slick and not cancelling the support order when they went to 50/50. But I'm kind of side-eyeing Jo as well. You can't afford to get your A/C fixed, but you can afford a dog? I also don't see Isaac's lifestyle as being drastically different at Jo's versus Kail's. It's not like he's in a rusted out double-wide while she's holed up at the Vanderbilt estate. 

Jason bad-mouthing Jeremy is wrong. There's a huge difference between a guy being out of town working and a guy like Luis or Adam, who just doesn't give a shit. He and his surgical scrubs need to have several seats.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, druzy said:

Kail-

college accuse GIF

For real- I love how the show showed us her version first to make us go "hmmm...." and then Jo was very clearly the one telling the truth. 

3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Exactly and I absolutely do not believe he's entirely professional when he deals with David and Jenelle. He gives as good as he gets. 

Regarding Jo/Kail, I can kind of see both sides. First, it's Kail's fault for trying to be slick and not cancelling the support order when they went to 50/50. But I'm kind of side-eyeing Jo as well. You can't afford to get your A/C fixed, but you can afford a dog? I also don't see Isaac's lifestyle as being drastically different at Jo's versus Kail's. It's not like he's in a rusted out double-wide while she's holed up at the Vanderbilt estate.

I do think both of them are a little materialistic. I doubt Jo is truly "struggling" in any real way, and he was a little too indignant about child support before and insisted they not go to court (though I do believe that he probably did bring it up with Kailyn while she most likely didn't before filing. She LOVES filing court orders willy-nilly). And sorry but 9 months of back child support seems a little...off. But she should have dropped the child support long ago once she figured out that she was obviously making a lot more and it could be turned around on her easily- that's just smart. But Kail...isn't.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I’m sure Jo did get his AC fixed- I think he was exaggerating. If it was a couple thousand dollars they may have waited to pay for it. (By wait I mean a month or two until additional income came in)

I did have to chuckle because I don’t see a dog as an incredibly expensive thing. They didn’t have a dog last season? An AC fix would always be more than general pet care! (I’m not taking about a major medical event)

My 3 cats cost me $60 a month, replacing AC would be 3k. I can see Jo and Vee adopting a dog rather than buying a designer breed. 

• Love 21

Is Jason insinuating that Jermey doesn't take care of Addie? He said I only know what I hear and what I see. Well I saw the videos Jason posted on Youtube acting like he was on Meth- he called himself Meth Man. He deleted the account. I too only know what I hear and what I see and I don't get a good feeling from him and his rented Airbnb.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 21

I'm very early in the episode but I wanted to ask a random question before I forget- Does anyone else say "[she] took charges out on [him]" the way Jenelle and Barb do?  It always sounds so strange to me!  I've heard of pressing charges or filing charges but not taking out charges.  Is this a regional thing, something I happened to never hear before, or another example of the language butchering these girls are known for?

• Love 14
Just now, Lm2162 said:

I think his thing about "a different lifestyle" was a little dramatic- what, he lives a middle-class lifestyle with you and an upper middle-class lifestyle with Kailyn? Yeah, I think Isaac is fine, lol.

Still, he should get whatever child support he's owed, just like any mom should.

Yes I think that was petty. However I don’t feel bad because Kailyn is the QUEEN of petty while using Jo AND Vee to take care of Issac and Lincoln when they had no obligation to do so. I’m sure now that she doesn’t need them any more (since she’s making nice with Chris) she’s less than pleasant.

Of course I know they love Lincoln and Jo/Vee have no issue with that because Javi loves Issac so much. Javi at least gives back to the boys, kailyn will use anyone she can. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, CDC said:

I'm very early in the episode but I wanted to ask a random question before I forget- Does anyone else say "[she] took charges out on [him]" the way Jenelle and Barb do?  It always sounds so strange to me!  I've heard of pressing charges or filing charges but not taking out charges.  Is this a regional thing, something I happened to never hear before, or another example of the language butchering these girls are known for?

Rest assured, it's another example of the language butchering these girls are known for. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes I think that was petty. However I don’t feel bad because Kailyn is the QUEEN of petty while using Jo AND Vee to take care of Issac and Lincoln when they had no obligation to do so. I’m sure now that she doesn’t need them any more (since she’s making nice with Chris) she’s less than pleasant.

Of course I know they love Lincoln and Jo/Vee have no issue with that because Javi loves Issac so much. Javi at least gives back to the boys, kailyn will use anyone she can. 

Yeah, I've always felt that the maturity levels there went Vee, then Jo, then Kailyn. I noticed that Vee jumped in to say "well, we just have normal lives," to tone down his slight drama. Vee has a good effect on him as she's naturally more mature, while Jo (while better than Kailyn, obviously) has the capacity to be dragged down somewhat, especially in conflicts.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Chelsea listen to your Dad please! He’s the voice of reason. IF it so happens that Aubree wants Cole to adopt her she can always do that so long as Cole is alive. Don’t push it. 

OMG, you know she will, though. I'm happy for Chelsea but dear God, I've never seen someone so eager to pretend to the world that she never had a child by somebody else. Just live with it and be happy that you've made something great out of your life regardless! You found a great guy, you made a bunch of money from the show, just be chill with it.

• Love 19

Poor Aubree looked devastated in the car. I don't think that's the kind of news I would've sprung on a kid the night before a family getaway. I still think Chelsea didn't need to say anything at this stage. As for Cole, he's starting to do too much. He didn't need to loudly announce to a room full of people that he'd adopt Aubree. Just let it play out how it's gonna play out. I think he's buying into the White Knight hype a bit too much these days.

I agreed with Chelsea on everything else, otherwise. Of course it would be in Aubree's best interests to sever ties with Adam, but for whatever reason she's not ready, so leave it alone until she is.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 23

OK, so Chelsea?  You absolutely should NOT cross that bridge until you come to it.  Also never realized how much she looks like her mom.

Do we think that when Kristen began her career, she had hopes of following Rachel Zoe to the Oscars etc?

can I hang out with Ali? And Jason, nice...camo polo shirt? And blazer?  Can someone please explain?

how much did Vee *not* wanna be having that conversation?  I think she’s been raised to be very proud & this is not vibing with her core beliefs.   But methinks Jo has a point, somewhere.  Maybe.

Edited by teapot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Let's play the world's tiniest violin for Kail. Now, I DO think that ALL of these fools just go after child support when it's convenient and they want to fund other things in their lives. I'll never forget Leah saying, "Jeremy and I decided to buy a new house and things are kind of expensive, so I'm going to ask Corey for more child support." Still...Jo and Kail have 50/50 custody, and she makes WAY more. If one was making 60K and the other 40K, I could see just calling it a wash, but when Jo said she made 5-10K a month from Instagram ads, I was shocked! Kail wouldn't miss a thousand dollars a month, and I think it's more than fair after all Jo and his family have done for her over the years. I feel like a normal person would take that into account. If the roles were reversed and the dad was making so much and not sharing, he'd be burned at the stake. 

Did we...just hear Chelsea's real voice?! Wowwww!!!! Anyway, I liked how Chelsea handled the situation. I must admit Cole did piss me off a little bit, though. Chelsea specifically asked Aubree in the car if she wanted to talk, and she said no. Then, Chelsea had a mature, discreet conversation with Randy while Aubree was out of earshot. Randy was a bigger person than me not to say, "I told you so. You should have gone through with it when you were sixteen!" Everything was going great until Mr. Perfect heard them and YELLED out, "I would do it in a heartbeat if she wanted me to!" with a shit eating grin, hungering for Chelsea's approval. She shot him a quick side eye, which was totally justified. Now he has the attention of the whole room, AND Aubree might feel bad. Cole is just bad at reading situations, and too eager to step in as the hero. 

Leah and her dentist appointment...blah. Why exactly did Jason have to go? My mom was a SAHM, and we felt lucky that she didn't have to take off work to go places with us. It never would have even occurred to ask our dad to take off work just to accompany her, and he was actually our dad, not her boyfriend of five minutes! I also wanted to slap Jason when he said what he liked about Corey, because it was SO obvious he was throwing shade at Jeremy. Then, he pretends to be too nice to talk about Jeremy. please. You already have!!!

Brittany telling Bri to use protection because she was going to get knocked up by some rando was everything!!! I like how close the sisters are, but geez, Nova and Stella hear a LOT of adult conversations!

jenelle...no comment. Waste of airtime. It pissed me off when Nathan hung up on his mom. Dude looks rough. Everyone in that storyline sucks, except maybe Doris. I'm team Barb, but I don't enjoy her pretending to be on Jenelle's side to the detriment of everybody. 

• Love 20

That's a good point, @Scarlett45- he seems to have a touch of possessiveness towards either Aubree or Chelsea or both, which is perfectly healthy and normal so I didn't want to say it as he's clearly not a controlling person (Chelsea seems to run that relationship, if anybody). That's a perfectly fine impulse, but he should definitely make sure it's not affecting Aubree in some way. She has to come to a decision about Cole/Adam with time and zero pressure, not even slight.

• Love 12

Kail is certainly in her element when she is bitching about something. She just comes alive! She should be grateful Joe is only asking for $1,000 a month as apparently he could get quite a bit more according to her lawyer. She should shut her mouth while she is ahead.

Edited by hoosiermom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I also wanted to slap Jason when he said what he liked about Corey, because it was SO obvious he was throwing shade at Jeremy. Then, he pretends to be too nice to talk about Jeremy. please. You already have!!!

Jason likes Corey because Leah isn’t going to jump on Corey’s dick any time soon. Yes they had their last dalliance but that was years ago, and even if they did Corey would not leave Miranda. As of now Jeremy is single and he & leah has sex just a few months ago! Jeremy is sexual completion. Although I think this Jason Guy is much better looking. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

That's a good point, @Scarlett45- he seems to have a touch of possessiveness towards either Aubree or Chelsea or both, which is perfectly healthy and normal so I didn't want to say it as he's clearly not a controlling person (Chelsea seems to run that relationship, if anybody). That's a perfectly fine impulse, but he should definitely make sure it's not affecting Aubree in some way. She has to come to a decision about Cole/Adam with time and zero pressure, not even slight.

No I don’t think he’s controlling at all. (We are in agreement). This is normal parental jealousy which happens more often than people talk about. And is certainly likely to happen to a step parent who really has stepped up and is parenting 100% but gets none of the legal or social recognition of parenthood. 

Doris is right though- they need to document everything Adam has ever done because heaven forbid if Chelsea dropped dead tomorrow, Adam is still her legal parent and would have “dibs” over either set of grandparents or Cole, that would have to be worked out by a judge. Aubree is 9 though so as she ages her opinion and routine would be taken into account. 

• Love 13
Just now, edie3 said:

Boo hoo, Kail. A Suburban isn't big enough?  Get some of that crap out of the back, then.

For real...I'm not saying people can't have pride, but you didn't exactly grow up as royalty or work your way piecemeal out of poverty. You're rich mostly out of pure luck? Calm down about "just having a Suburban," if you hadn't gotten pregnant at 16 you'd probably have a lot less than that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18