Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Sun and Shade in the Bahamas

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Dorito is on WWHL.  Why God?  Haven't we all suffered enough?

And she made a point to say neither her or PK are talking to Lisa. I think Lisa is just somewhere crying about that! Her story is still changing now she called Lisa immediately after giving the dog away and not the next day as she has said repeatedly on the show.

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, charming said:

Erika has an OTT reaction to anything less than a thorough ass licking. Maybe she needs to spend less time with her fawning employees.

Right and the woman moaning that your condolence note wasn't fawning and heartfelt enough is saintly *eyeroll*

One of these women has a whole show in which her employees fawn over her and screw each other and it isn't Erika. 

I mean, come on, Erika is nothing, if not absolutely clear about her boundaries, think we've seen these women bend to LVP so often it's weird to see someone push back against her bs. I wonder if the agreement between Erika and Tom is that she can't do anything to hurt his law practice.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Denise, but, I love her.  She's so normal and down to earth.  She was the only one dressed appropriately for the in room drinks.  Everyone else always walking around in prom/bride maid dresses is ridiculous, although this cast isn't quite  as bad as Atlanta. 

Nothing against you Bronzedog but this post reminds me of how everyone felt about Eileen at first, but by the end of the season she was close to being public enemy #1.  🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Next episode is going to be real interesting.  Ken gets John's texts to Teddi (accusing her of being an f'n liar) and according to Teddi's blog tonight she admits she wasn't totally innocent but feels she was used:

Spoiler

The answer to all of the above: Because it was all designed by LVP to get this Lucy story out there without looking like she wanted it out there. As you see in the trailer for next week, I am not clean in this mess, and it starts to be revealed. I say some crappy and shady things to John Blizzard after he tells me a dramatic story that LVP wanted me to hear at a time when Dorit and I had high tensions. But it all begins with Lisa Vanderpump, and I’m realizing she’s using me as the fall gal.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree with this. Rinna has never liked LVP. Maybe Kim Richards should stop by and knock Rinna down a couple of pegs. 

I loved the side convo at the table Camille and Denise were having while the other bitches were consoling Dorit. Camille said Dorit should have told LVP about the issues with the dog and brought the dog directly back to LVP. Denise agreed, then also told LVP she thought her employee was wrong for stirring the shit. They were both 100% spot on. 

Maybe LVP should just get the bunny baby gift from the Clubhouse and plop it on the table at every lunch and dinner with Rinna!  🙂

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Effing Rinner. What a piece of work. She’s just been WAITING for LVP to have her defenses down to find a moment to make her look bad to the group. Well congrats, you’ve finally found that moment in the wake of her brother’s suicide. Well done.

Love Denise showing up in shorts. She looked cute and casual, and appropriate for drinks in a HOTEL room, for heavens sake. And speaking of the hotel—jeezus is it REALLY necessary for these women to kiss and fawn ovrr each other when they just saw each other a few hours ago?? 

Oh cry me a river, Dorit. I really wish Lisa had brought up the OTHER dog that Dorit returned to VP Dogs. I can absolutely see from that dinner why LVP didn’t want to film with the rest of them for the majority of the season. 

No Lisa should not have publicly criticized Erika’s condolence note. But, seriously, I received a warmer card from my vets office when my dog passed. Like, that woman is really closed off from any other emotions beyond disdain and bitchiness. 

THIS a thousand times. Thank you, you summed it up perfectly

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

If I gave a friend a puppy and she gave it away rather than return it  and it ended up in a kill shelter There would be no more friendship. Period. So sure LVP's still pissed. Can't blame her for that. 

It wasn’t a kill shelter not defending dorit at all but it was never at a kill shelter 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

IMO, Lisa V is very pissed at Dorit and PK for giving away the dog. The fact it ended up in a shelter is very strange-- it's hard to believe Dorit and PK did any vetting (if this person exists) of the adoptee. I personally think that PK got bit by the dog (I don't think the kids were bit), and he took it to shelter. I think it's that simple. I think Dorit it protecting PK. Lisa V is completely pissed. She's trying to get back at her, but people like Dorit so they aren't ready to turn on her yet. 

I have no idea why women get so dressed up for drinks to hang out with themselves. I think Denise played it perfect, though the skin on her face looks so strange. 

The ladies taking pictures like their supermodels. Uhhh. Everyone is pretty and looks amazing. Now, a troop of supermodels they are not. The pics were just a mismatched glob of random ladies sporting vastly different looks. 

I've been perplexed why Denise looks stunning at some times, and then like melting wax at other times. I think it's when she smiles that all the junk in her face bunches up makes unnatural lumps. When she was laying down she looked great. (probably important, lol).

I can't believe how ASSHOLE it was of Lisa V to start something with Ericka over the sympathy card. Though I rarely agree to with Lisa R., she is super slipping. I'm sure it hurt Lisa V to not get a call, but to use it as a storyline for the reality show is just asinine. She's just really morphed into one of the Vanderpump girls (who are less than half her age) where that type of high school drama is still ridiculous. imo.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You're not wrong.  I remember Teddi talking about how John had texted her about Lucy before she went to Vanderpump Dogs with Kyle.  

She had gotten a text from John about it - think she said they’d been working on projects together and had become friendly. But from everything we’ve heard so far, she did not spread that information to anyone else. It has only come out on the show because Lisa’s employee John had brought the dog out in the store. Even then Teddi did not say anything on camera. But enter Kyle and suddenly John is nudging her and asking Kyle if she recognizes the dog, etc. All while Lisa is sitting right there. If Lisa wanted it shut down she could have done so right then by ordering John to leave the room or shut up. That’s what makes me sure that she wanted it out but did not want to be blamed for it getting out.

When she had her one one one with Dorit she made sure to mention that John and Teddi were talking about it, laying the groundwork for the shifting of blame. And next week when Ken brings out John/Teddi texts as some kind of proof of “Teddi gossiping about it” it’s more of the same. From what we know of the timeline those texts will be the ones they exchanged before filming and will only show what Teddi has said. John told her, she told no one, filming starts and it comes out on camera at VPDogs while Teddi and Kyle are there. 

That is all classic for LVP and how she operates. Rinna did have that right. Just enough truth for plausible deniability and subtly shifting the blame to others is how LVP has always worked things.

I do believe LVP is genuinely messed up about her brother at this point in the filming and is off her game. These type of manipulations would have been a bit more subtle in the past. I’ve never liked her because I do think she’s incredibly calculating, but I have admired her reality show skills. For this season I think she should have made the decision to sit it out or be on as a “friend of” for her own sake. But that die has been cast.

Oh and some have mentioned that Dorit brought the dog story into the show too because she told Erika all about it. I’m sure that confession/explanation was filmed after the discussion at VPDogs happened and Dorit had been told by producers or  Lisa perhaps that the story was going to be out there. Once she knew that Dorit had to be sure to get her side of the story on camera.

All this said, still can’t stand Dorit and I 100% believe that she dumped that dog at a shelter herself.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

We’ve heard multiple times on the show from Lisa and from Bravo sources that it was a kill shelter. What evidence is there that it wasn’t?

Tonight on WWHL she flat out said the dog was NOT at a kill shelter she said it in front of Andy who didn’t correct her and I’m trying to find where bravo or anyone on the show said it was a kill shelter cause I don’t remember anyone saying that. They have all said shelter no one has specified kill shelter. Trust and believe had it been at a kill shelter LISA would have started the every jab and fight with you almost got the dog killed.....that has never been brought up. Again Dort shouldn’t have givin the dog away that’s not the issue at hand everyone agrees that was a shitty bad thing to do and that should be the story had not Lisa’s employees and Lisa herself not been sneaky about talking about it that’s the issue ... telling everyone around her and playing innocent when the shit is hitting the fan 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Tonight on WWHL she flat out said the dog was NOT at a kill shelter she said it in front of Andy who didn’t correct her and I’m trying to find where bravo or anyone on the show said it was a kill shelter cause I don’t remember anyone saying that. They have all said shelter no one has specified kill shelter. Trust and believe had it been at a kill shelter LISA would have started the fight with you almost got the dog killed.....that has never been brought up. Again Dort shouldn’t have givin the dog away that’s not the issue at hand everyone agrees that was a shitty bad thing to do and that should be the story had not Lisa’s employees and Lisa herself not been sneaky about talking about it that’s the issue ... telling everyone around her and playing innocent when the shit is hitting the fan 

A kill shelter does not mean that the animal goes there to die. A kill shelter is just a term that is used for shelters that do not implement a no-kill policy. Essentially, a shelter that does not have a no-kill policy may euthanize an animal for a number of reasons, including overcrowding at the shelter and how they choose which animals may likely depend on the animals current state of health but that I'm not totally certain of. Referring to the facility as a kill-shelter is not suggesting that Dorit (or anyone else) almost got an animal killed - the issue is that their lack of policies in protecting the animals at all costs may leave animals at risk to be euthanized.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

A kill shelter does not mean that the animal goes there to die. A kill shelter is just a term that is used for shelters that do not implement a no-kill policy. Essentially, a shelter that does not have a no-kill policy may euthanize an animal for a number of reasons, including overcrowding at the shelter and how they choose which animals may likely depend on the animals current state of health but that I'm not totally certain of. Referring to the facility as a kill-shelter is not suggesting that Dorit (or anyone else) almost got an animal killed - the issue is that their lack of policies in protecting the animals at all costs may leave animals at risk to be euthanized.

But again no one on the show or with bravo has stated it was a kill shelter.... I 100% understand what you are saying but no one other then people speculating  have brought up the kill shelter thing. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid

In the first episode of the season, didn't Teddy say that she brought her kids, as did Kyle to Vanderplump Dogs's often. The kids liked to play with the pups.  So the fact that Lisa may have called them to come in on a shooting day should not be any big deal or setup. LVP wants to get her rescue and business on TV and the kids had already been going there. Nothing sinister , so far.

Note: LVP has admitted had behaved horribly this season. Not sure what exactly that means but it was on the Bravo site either preseason or after the first episode.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But again no one on the show or with bravo has stated it was a kill shelter.... 

Again, LVP has said it MULTIPLE times on the show. Dorit even wrote in a recent blog that she was angry that Lisa classified it as a “kill shelter” on the show. So I heard it and Dorit heard it and I’m sure a number of other people did too. That’s why Dorit is getting so defensive about it not being a kill shelter- because Lisa has directly stated it on the show MULTIPLE TIMES.

If anyone wants a good summary/definition of kill vs. no-kill shelters, I highly recommend reading this post from Nathan Winograd, a lawyer, author of multiple books on shelters, and the director of the No Kill Advocacy Center.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/defining-no-kill/

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Again, LVP has said it MULTIPLE times on the show. Dorit even wrote in a recent blog that she was angry that Lisa classified it as a “kill shelter” on the show. So I heard it and Dorit heard it and I’m sure a number of other people did too. That’s why Dorit is getting so defensive about it not being a kill shelter- because Lisa has directly stated it on the show MULTIPLE TIMES.

If anyone wants a good summary/definition of kill vs. no-kill shelters, I highly recommend reading this post from Nathan Winograd, a lawyer, author of multiple books on shelters, and the director of the No Kill Advocacy Center.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/defining-no-kill/

Found the blog.... I honestly don’t remember anyone saying kill shelter....

I feel sick to my stomach hearing Lisa V say in her interview that Lucy ended up in a kill shelter. It was confirmed to Lisa V and I both that it was NOT a kill shelter, that Lucy was never in danger nor brought to a kill shelter, and yet she and her team are relentless in trying to inflate the story.”

14 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But again no one on the show or with bravo has stated it was a kill shelter.... 

LVP called it a kill-shelter as did her employee (I think). I think Teddi may have also said so as well (but that would make sense since she learned about the situation from the employee and was likely repeating info) Dorit said it wasn't. Bravo  and Andy has absolutely zero reason or need to clarify. You obviously believe Dorit and that's fine but I'm pointing out that your explanation to substantiate why you think Dorit is telling the truth doesn't work (though that doesn't mean you still can't believe Dorit is the one telling the truth). I was pointing out that by virtue of what a kill shelter is, LVP could not claim that Dorit almost had the dog killed unless the shelter specifically told LVP that they would have to put the dog down if the dog was not picked up by LVP's rescue facility.

I'm still waiting to see how the season plays out to see if I have an opinion on whether LVP truly designed to have the puppy story outed, BUT in the meantime, I am inclined to believe it was a kill shelter only for the fact that I find it suspicious that with all this talk about the shelter, not a single person has named the shelter (at least to my knowledge). That would be the easiest way to verify who is telling the truth but I do think there could be legal ramifications for naming the shelter and associating it as a 'kill-shelter' because this is an informal term created by activists and has misleading connotations about the overall policies and protocols of the shelter (ex. people thinking that they are a shelter that takes in animals and then puts them down for not good reason).

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I will defend Erika to the end of the earth on this card. She HAND wrote the note she stopped took the time to get it together and wrote something.....she didn’t send a quick text she didn’t send impersonal flowers....That is beyond an acceptable thing to do. Now the woman is being attacked For sending a hand written condolence card because it’s not good enough? I find that just hilarious 

She also took the time to snap a picture before sending it.  Because why? She just knew Lisa will bring it up and she'd whip out her evidence? 

That is calculating!

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

She also took the time to snap a picture before sending it.  Because why? She just knew Lisa will bring it up and she's whip out her evidence? 

That is calculating!

Lol or after years of knowing how each of these woman operates covering your ass would come second nature....and come on getting offended over a condolence card? Really? You didn’t put enough love into it? Lol they aren’t/weren’t super close she would have been dragged for being fake had she done some grand gesture and it would have been fake. And it’s no different then what ken does in printing out backlogs of text to help his point of view in the preview of next week. It’s reality tv you have to be prepared for anything. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I don't know - I thought I remembered that Teddi already knew about it by texts from John to her, prior to her and Kyle's visit to Vanderpump Dogs.  I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was discussed, and that was the reason why John brought Lucy out for Teddi to see.  I also cannot see LVP sitting down with John and telling him that he had to do this on air.  He seemed extremely upset and genuinely outraged and angry about the situation - didn't seem like he needed any prompting or persuasion.

Teddi was in on it. 100%. The preview for next week proves it.

IMG_20190226_231312.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I wish LVP had told the group that when Dorit adopted Lucy she was told that if things did not work out for Lucy and the family, that she would return the dog to Vanderpump Dogs. ... and had signed a contract agreeing to this.  Instead Dorit gave the dog away to a friend.  That friend placed Lucy in a kill shelter.  Because LVP's shelter micro chips it's dogs, the kill shelter contacted them and they rescued Lucy again.  Lisa was never angry that Lucy and the kids were not a good match, it happens.  What Lisa was upset about was Dorit not sticking to the contract that she signed and Lucy ended up in a kill shelter.  Lisa and her staff at the shelter put their blood, sweat, and many tears into finding good homes for dogs.  For them it is not just a job but a life's mission.  I believe that the shelter staff member who spilled the beans about Lucy was extremely angry that Lucy's life was endangered once again.  I think when he saw Dorit's friend he took it upon himself to let Teddy know what Dorit had done.  If I were in his place, I probably would do the same. 

It wasn't even a friend! Dorit admitted on WWHL that Lucy was given to someone who was friends with someone who worked with PK!

She gave the dog to a person she didn't even know.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

Just finished watching the episode.

LVP is doing her passive aggressive thing. She's low key upset with Dorit but she's trying to play it off so instead she takes passive aggressive digs at Dorit. Each woman has their 'thing' they do when they're angry and after so many seasons of LVP on this show, who doesn't know this tactic? Dorit thinks LVP may still be upset with her? No shit.

Denise may have felt under dressed but I did think she looked the best. Loved her outfit. And totally fair to think drinks in someone's hotel room isn't going to be some lavish affair that requires a glam squad or two. Still liking Denise so far.

Maybe it's my eyes but Rinna's boobs looked lopsided in that TH in the green printed dress. Also, Rinna quickly made the dog thing a situation about LVP manipulating Kyle and Teddi in order to out Dorit and make her look bad. How it is any different that Rinna would hijack Dorit's vacation (which wasn't about airing grievances) and sitting up a sharing circle in hopes that things would come out against LVP? It's just annoying when I see the women across the franchises be so quick to point out shit about the others when they exhibit the same damn behaviour.  She's claiming LVP set the other women up to do her dirty work...well couldn't LVP say the same about Rinna? Don't roll in the mud and act like the other person is the only one dirty. You could see the fleeting look of disappointment when the women became kind to LVP when she began to get emotional, lol. But then she got her smirk back at the dinner table.

I didn't think that LVP was making Erika look bad because she did acknowledge that Erika did send her a card...she was hoping for something more personal from Erika BUT with that said, it's shitty that LVP could not see the thoughtfulness in the gesture. Whether it was a text or a hand written card, the fact is that she was thought of and someone took the effort to reach out to her seemed buried by the notion that their gesture was not enough. I could understand her feeling hurt if it was Kyle that did that to her, but Erika? Being able to laugh and get along well enough doesn't mean you've become best friends.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

We’ve heard multiple times on the show from Lisa and from Bravo sources that it was a kill shelter. What evidence is there that it wasn’t?

Actually, LVP has said 'shelter' multiply times  when 'filming'.  It's only twice that LVP referred to it as a 'kill' shelter and if I remember correctly it was in her TH's.  Tonight for sure.  Last week, not quite sure.  The evidence is there IMO.

And heck, Dorit was wrong to give Lucy away but the evidence that Lucy was returned to a 'kill' shelter isn't.  BTW, I hate defending Dorit about the 'kill' thing.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

So, wait....Teddi set up the whole "Lookee here, it's Dorit's dog" number, and sat there tonight, all holier than thou, and "

Teddi: this season's accuntability coach.

And now she's claiming that John was instructed to spill this to Teddi by the nefarious Vanderpump.

I rolled my eyes so hard, I think I pulled something while reading her blog.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

She also took the time to snap a picture before sending it.  Because why? She just knew Lisa will bring it up and she's whip out her evidence? 

I don't think it's anymore calculating than drafting a pre-nup.

To me, the bottom line is that dog was somehow given to Dorit and PK, who apparently aren't fond of dogs, and then got rid of it when it bit. It seems that they could have sprung for some training for the dog, or it could be that the dog was aggressive and that's how it ended up in a shelter to begin with (from the website it says that Vanderpump dogs are rescues and in the bios of many of the dogs, it says the dog came from high-kill shelters). So it's sort of on Vanderpump dogs to not vet their dogs properly, IF that's what happened. Just because a dog is cute, doesn't mean it won't be aggressive. If I were Dorit, I would be like, "Why would you allow a dog that bites to go to a home with two small children?" 

Regardless, inevitably Dorit and PK messed up big time. And the dog, being a rescue, certainly didn't deserve to end up back at a shelter after all the work that went into rehoming him (even if he was placed incorrectly). Or her, Lucy. That said, John is not an employee, but an owner, at least what I gathered from the website. Not that it matters, but I don't think LIsa V can just tell him to shut up or not. 

Lisa V looks very thin this season.

• Love 7