Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Mariah's Big Announcement

• Start Topic

On 2/24/2019 at 9:00 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Absolutely loved the look on Kody's face when he was ranting about Mariah possibly marrying the first girl she dated, then Meri and Christine reminded him he was their first boyfriend. Robyn and Janelle just had the "not so much, here" look on their faces.

Plus - Janelle was lying when she said Kody was her first; she was married to Meri's brother.  They are such liars!

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Yeah, no offense to anyone living there, but I wasn't overly impressed with what has been shown so far. Even Googling images, it looks nice enough but not WOW. Maybe because I live in New England, where there are pine trees and hills aplenty? The downtown area looked pretty typical, too. Again, not trying to offend anyone, but they raved about how gorgeous it is...

Back east or in the Midwest it could be any typical small mountain city with a ski resort and university, so it's hard to explain. When you've been living in the valley in the desert for a long time, it's magical. It lacks humidity in summer, so you get warm pine scent and temperate climate without all the stickiness. And if you're sick of snow in winter, all you gotta do is drive 30 minutes to lower elevation and it's pretty much gone. All sorts of amazing. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

OMG! YES! No kidding! How do you choose a place to live before going on Zillow first to check it out?? Idiot. 

True.  Just checking that out would have told them how expensive it was.  Even if it was for Dayton to go to school.  Robyn could have rented a home while he was attending school.  My guess is they wont stay here to long.  Unless they have some good investment/401K retirement accounts that will support them in this area.  I find it hard to believe they have moved as many times as they have.  I bet the 8 year stretch in LV was nice for the kids.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Anlogle said:

And what is a henry ford choice?

I think that refers to the early cars that Henry Ford made.  When he first introduced his assembly line all the cars were black.  I am not sure when they started offering different colors.  He said something like "of course you can have a car in any color as long as it is black." That isn't the exact quote because I am too lazy to google the original.   I think that is what the poster meant.   At least that is what I was told it meant.  I am not so old that I remember from personal experience.

I did look at the course work for Mariah's master's degree.  It will keep her really busy between classes and internships.  It is pretty expensive, too.  She has to take a class  on Catholic influences on social work and justice.   Wouldn't it blow Kody away if Mariah converts.  A girl can dream......

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I have missed a few seasons--what is a TED talk?

TED stands for technology, entertainment, and design.  Expert speakers talk for short periods (less than 20 minutes) on various topics.

Obviously Kootie sees himself as quite the authority on the most idiotic optimal time to move and the most ridiculous best place to resettle for the lamest most compelling reasons.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

I agreed with many topics already discussed in this thread and they bothered the heck out of me BUT what was absolutely glaring was the over the top manipulation Kody uses on his wives.  He almost brags about this skill, over and over again, during his diary sessions.  Kody was proud of himself.  He manipulates, they all fall into line, and he thinks he has won.  What a pathetic bunch!  All of them.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Such an annoying grab at attention. Eye roll. Mariah seeing some wedding announcements and cheers and wants in on the applause. She wants a cookie for going to another college. Mariah take a seat.

Getting into a good college is pretty cool though. Not necessarily "gather the family" cool, but still, she should be proud of that accomplishment. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Kyanight said:

And it was never about the financial good of the family in the first place.

1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Just checking that out would have told them how expensive it was.  Even if it was for Dayton to go to school.  Robyn could have rented a home while he was attending school.  My guess is they wont stay here to long.  Unless they have some good investment/401K retirement accounts that will support them in this area.  I find it hard to believe they have moved as many times as they have.  I bet the 8 year stretch in LV was nice for the kids.

Yeah, there has to be some concrete reason why Kody chose Flagstaff. The reason he took Robyn there first could just be due to birthdays and schedules - or it could be because of Dayton, as others have said. The fact that it will be more expensive and takes them farther away from other family members just shows that the decision has to be based on something that they are not telling us.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

OMG! YES! No kidding! How do you choose a place to live before going on Zillow first to check it out?? Idiot. 

I’m guessing that TLC isn’t interesting in paying for the privilege of filming the Moron Moses surfing the web. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Almost 3/4 of the applicants get into Loyola.  So not the greatest of accomplishments in the world.  And a lot has to do with ability to pay tuition, I would imagine.

Is that for her program?  Or is it the undergrad acceptance rate?  There is almost always a difference in undergrad acceptance rates and those of graduate schools except maybe at places like Harvard, Yale and other top ranked schools.

• Love 5
On 2/25/2019 at 6:41 AM, bichonblitz said:

She never raised her own children. Back in Utah she couldn't stand to be a stay at home mom. She had a good job and made all the money for the family while Christine took care of her kids all day. That was back in the earlier days before Sobbyn came in to the picture.  

Isn't this the benefit of sister wives? Someone has to work.

Sorry, I get prickly when people say women aren't raising their kids because they go to work. The kids were home with their other mom, not a drug dealer on the street hustling them. 

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Is that for her program?  Or is it the undergrad acceptance rate?  There is almost always a difference in undergrad acceptance rates and those of graduate schools except maybe at places like Harvard, Yale and other top ranked schools.

I applaud her for having ambition. Not everyone is destined for the Ivy League. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Screetchingstop said:

Isn't this the benefit of sister wives? Someone has to work.

Sorry, I get prickly when people say women aren't raising their kids because they go to work. The kids were home with their other mom, not a drug dealer on the street hustling them. 

That’s true, but I think the point was that she wasn’t the at-home hands-on mom for a lot of the time. So it was puzzling that she was so resistant to letting Gabe live with his sister for awhile. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

That’s true, but I think the point was that she wasn’t the at-home hands-on mom for a lot of the time. So it was puzzling that she was so resistant to letting Gabe live with his sister for awhile. 

I think it is a long reach to go from "she worked so she must be ok with them living 5 hours away for 2 years". I can't get onboard with that kind of dismissiveness about a working mom. 

• Love 11
Just now, Screetchingstop said:

I think it is a long reach to go from "she worked so she must be ok with them living 5 hours away for 2 years". I can't get onboard with that kind of dismissiveness about a working mom. 

I was a working mom myself so no dismissiveness here. It just struck me as disingenuous when Janelle got snotty about wanting the privilege of raising her child while ignoring and dismissing Gabe’s evident pain - to which there seemed to me to be an obvious solution or five. She could even have stayed behind with him but oh no, Kody had a shit fit over that. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

THIS!  We are moving from Wisconsin  to Vermont later this year and I have been on Zillow so often I feel like I already know the town. They have a street view option that allows you to actually "travel" through the streets. It is invaluable!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I was a working mom myself so no dismissiveness here. It just struck me as disingenuous when Janelle got snotty about wanting the privilege of raising her child while ignoring and dismissing Gabe’s evident pain - to which there seemed to me to be an obvious solution or five. She could even have stayed behind with him but oh no, Kody had a shit fit over that. 

I think the whole thing is shitty. I would have stayed if it were me. I realize after 20 years, they have just given up their free will. 

This show used to be a mildly amusing look into a different lifestyle. Now it is about King Kody and I don't know how much longer I can stay on that train. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I understand everyone's issues with Kody, but I just can't fault him for wanting to keep his family together. To me, discussions about wives and underage kids living hours away sounds crazy. 

Marriage is about compromise, and sometimes one spouse will get their way over the wishes of the other. My father always had a dream to move back to his hometown, and when we kids were grown, he presented the idea to my mother and began searching for houses. My mother did not want to move, but my father wanted it badly. He found a great house within his price range, put our house on the market and they made the move. Now, granted, the town was only 20 minutes away, so it's not like they moved to another state. But if my mom had her choice, they would not have moved. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I understand everyone's issues with Kody, but I just can't fault him for wanting to keep his family together. To me, discussions about wives and underage kids living hours away sounds crazy. 

Marriage is about compromise, and sometimes one spouse will get their way over the wishes of the other. My father always had a dream to move back to his hometown, and when we kids were grown, he presented the idea to my mother and began searching for houses. My mother did not want to move, but my father wanted it badly. He found a great house within his price range, put our house on the market and they made the move. Now, granted, the town was only 20 minutes away, so it's not like they moved to another state. But if my mom had her choice, they would not have moved. 

To me, the difference with this family is that - as we seem to be discovering - the move was to benefit Robyn, who wanted to be near Dayton.  The Brown family is huge, so is it fair to uproot the lives of everyone for one person?  I mean, I think Dayton is the coolest of the Brown kids by far, and I'm thrilled that he's going to college.  But this entire move smacks of Robyn, who likely doesn't care a whole lot about what the move will do to everyone else involved, and Kody, who is firmly under Robyn's thumb.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I agree with all this, and didn't Janelle initially say, quite forcefully, that she was NOT going to uproot Gabe?  So what happened, Janelle?

It's one thing to go along with the family for the sake of keeping the family together.  It's another to devastate your kids because you, your spouse and your sister-wives are smack in the middle of a monetary house of cards and you're leaving to flee four gigantic balloon payment mortgages, only to relocate in a more expensive location and build four new mansions from the ground up...oh, and by the way, because your vaunted leader says so, you need to up and move within a couple of months, and it doesn't matter what the kids have going on.  Having your heart crushed builds character!

Janelle also grates on me - not because she's a working mother, but because she indicated quite clearly in the early days of this show that she worked to escape the crazy of having so many kids underfoot.  Again, I'm not even going to get mad about that because I myself sometimes loved going to work to get a break from my kids.  What will always bother me are the scenes of Logan, Janelle's first-born, waking up his siblings, helping them get dressed and cooking them breakfast.  If this sister-wife thing is just the bomb, why did the task of caring for five little kids fall on the shoulders of a teenager?  Where was Kody?  Where was Meri?  And most importantly, where was Janelle?? 

The Duggars are famous for that.  I think by the time the kids were about 10 they did everything for the younger ones.  I'm not even sure what the mother did - maybe homeschooling.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

To me, the difference with this family is that - as we seem to be discovering - the move was to benefit Robyn, who wanted to be near Dayton.  The Brown family is huge, so is it fair to uproot the lives of everyone for one person?  I mean, I think Dayton is the coolest of the Brown kids by far, and I'm thrilled that he's going to college.  But this entire move smacks of Robyn, who likely doesn't care a whole lot about what the move will do to everyone else involved, and Kody, who is firmly under Robyn's thumb.

That is my opinion 100% but I think we're in the minority.  There are many who also believe that the move was instigated by Robyn but it's ok because she did it for her special needs son.  I honestly don't know what the solution should have been so I would have to think this through some more, but I totally believe that Robyn rules that household with an iron chin.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That is my opinion 100% but I think we're in the minority.  There are many who also believe that the move was instigated by Robyn but it's ok because she did it for her special needs son.  I honestly don't know what the solution should have been so I would have to think this through some more, but I totally believe that Robyn rules that household with an iron chin.

I think you are right that picking Flagstaff was instigated by Robyn--but I think the part about moving at all was Kody and his ADD as well as the financial reasons giving them an excuse (although I still don't understand how it works out mathematically). So I think it was a combination of factors, if that makes sense.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I think Kody wanted to move as well, and that he and Robyn discussed this thoroughly and came up with the plan to get the rest of the wives on board. 

It is a tough situation. On a personal level, my husband and I lived in a very small condo for the first six years of our relationship. We both wanted to move, but I wanted to get another condo or apartment, and he was dead set on buying a house. I did not want to take on all that expense and responsibility. After much discussion, and working out the quid pro quos, I agreed - and I LOVE our house and could not imagine going back to living in a condo or apartment!

• Love 3
Just now, Gothish520 said:

I think Kody wanted to move as well, and that he and Robyn discussed this thoroughly and came up with the plan to get the rest of the wives on board. 

It is a tough situation. On a personal level, my husband and I lived in a very small condo for the first six years of our relationship. We both wanted to move, but I wanted to get another condo or apartment, and he was dead set on buying a house. I did not want to take on all that expense and responsibility. After much discussion, and working out the quid pro quos, I agreed - and I LOVE our house and could not imagine going back to living in a condo or apartment!

And the family will all probably like Flagstaff.  It's a beautiful place.  It's just the reasons for moving NOW...RIGHT NOW!!!  (Robyn) that irritates me.   Kody decides in MAY that they have to be moved by AUGUST (which is when Dayton starts school there) - how is this well thought out and how is this for the benefit of the ENTIRE family - not just Kody and Robyn and their kids -which is all that counts?  And we have Kody saying how he loves how he is manipulating his wives right now - yeah, he and Robyn decided to move to Flagstaff and Kody gushed about the beauty and blah blah blah and manipulated his wives into going along with he and Robyn.   There was NOTHING else to be gained by rushing off at this point in time, in that big of a hurry.  In fact, now they have houses sitting empty that are not selling that they are either going to foreclose on or they have to be making double payments - on THOSE houses and also the houses where they are living now - where you get FAR less living space for MORE money!  And that makes sense to ANYONE?  SERIOUSLY??    When there were no burning issues or problems or dilemmas with life where they are now?  (We can assume by the kids all wanting to stay, and also every wife except Robyn.)

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Screetchingstop said:

What I said was that Janelle said she couldn't stand being a stay at home mom. I was a working mom myself so don't assume I was saying women aren't raising their kids if they go to work. I said she didn't raise her kids.  During that segment ( several seasons ago) she also explained all the things she found distasteful about being home all day with her kids.  So her now saying she wants the "priviledge of raising her son" rings phony to me. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And the family will all probably like Flagstaff.  It's a beautiful place.  It's just the reasons for moving NOW...RIGHT NOW!!!  (Robyn) that irritates me.   Kody decides in MAY that they have to be moved by AUGUST (which is when Dayton starts school there) - how is this well thought out and how is this for the benefit of the ENTIRE family - not just Kody and Robyn and their kids -which is all that counts?  And we have Kody saying how he loves how he is manipulating his wives right now - yeah, he and Robyn decided to move to Flagstaff and Kody gushed about the beauty and blah blah blah and manipulated his wives into going along with he and Robyn.   There was NOTHING else to be gained by rushing off at this point in time, in that big of a hurry.  In fact, now they have houses sitting empty that are not selling that they are either going to foreclose on or they have to be making double payments - on THOSE houses and also the houses where they are living now - where you get FAR less living space for MORE money!  And that makes sense to ANYONE?  SERIOUSLY??    When there were no burning issues or problems or dilemmas with life where they are now?  (We can assume by the kids all wanting to stay, and also every wife except Robyn.)

I do think that Kody believed they would sell the houses faster and for top dollar. They would be sitting a lot prettier if things had worked out that way. And if they were moving to a less expensive area, all of this would make much more sense. Kody presenting it to the wives as an opportunity for them to think about where they would want to live made it sound like such a great opportunity for them to find their ideal location - but I don't have any problem believing that he and Robyn already knew it was going to be Flagstaff, and that Kody introduced that idea as if he just came up with it for reasons.

• Love 3

So where do the Browns stand now?  Have they sold the Vegas homes for a big profit?  Have they started building in Flagstone?  Where do they live?

My guess is that kody loves the excitement of moving and will be going someplace else within five years!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I’m guessing that TLC isn’t interesting in paying for the privilege of filming the Moron Moses surfing the web. 

They did show Kody doing internet "research" while not listening to (ignoring) Christine last week, and Kody doing internet "research" while not listening to (ignoring) Meri in the most recent show.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I agree with all this, and didn't Janelle initially say, quite forcefully, that she was NOT going to uproot Gabe?  So what happened, Janelle?

It's one thing to go along with the family for the sake of keeping the family together.  It's another to devastate your kids because you, your spouse and your sister-wives are smack in the middle of a monetary house of cards and you're leaving to flee four gigantic balloon payment mortgages, only to relocate in a more expensive location and build four new mansions from the ground up...oh, and by the way, because your vaunted leader says so, you need to up and move within a couple of months, and it doesn't matter what the kids have going on.  Having your heart crushed builds character!

Janelle also grates on me - not because she's a working mother, but because she indicated quite clearly in the early days of this show that she worked to escape the crazy of having so many kids underfoot.  Again, I'm not even going to get mad about that because I myself sometimes loved going to work to get a break from my kids.  What will always bother me are the scenes of Logan, Janelle's first-born, waking up his siblings, helping them get dressed and cooking them breakfast.  If this sister-wife thing is just the bomb, why did the task of caring for five little kids fall on the shoulders of a teenager?  Where was Kody?  Where was Meri?  And most importantly, where was Janelle?? 

Bravo!  If it is true that Logan and Michelle don't plan on having kids (read that somewhere), I can understand why.  Logan already was a brother-dad to his siblings.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

So where do the Browns stand now?  Have they sold the Vegas homes for a big profit?  Have they started building in Flagstone?  Where do they live?

My guess is that kody loves the excitement of moving and will be going someplace else within five years!

Kody loves the feel of the wind through his hair as he rushes from house to house pretending to be in charge of moving.

One of the LV homes is off the market, but not officially sold yet according to Zillow.  The other 3 have been on the market for 230, 140 & 39 days and haven't sold yet.

According to their social media, in addition to the plots of land in Flag, Christine has bought a house and Robyn has rented a 7 bed 7 bath home and Janelle is Striving on a couch in a smaller rented home complaining about the snow. I'm not sure what Meri is up to - if hers is the house that has only been on the market for 39 days, she may have hung around LV longer.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Marriage is about compromise, and sometimes one spouse will get their way over the wishes of the other.

But this is one spouse getting his way over the wishes of at least thee other wives, not one like your mother.  I think he and Sobbyn have been planning this for a while.

There are two mothers (can't include Meri here) who have different wishes and dreams for their remaining kids being forced into "compromising" (AKA Bending to the Will of the Leader and His Latest Squeeze) all to fit the picture for one person in the group.  That's not what I consider compromise.  That's what I consider being browbeaten.

• Love 16

I don’t quite understand the claim that Robin chose Flagstaff. Yes, Dalton will be attending college there, but isn’t it entirely possible he applied for a college there after they picked it as their new location? 

Why are some stating that this decision was made solely for the benefit of Robin and Dalton as if that is a known fact rather than merely speculation?   

I get that Robin is Queen B, or is at least assumed to be, but what actual evidence is there to state unequivocally that Flagstaff was chosen for her son’s benefit. Genuinely asking. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But this is one spouse getting his way over the wishes of at least thee other wives, not one like your mother.  I think he and Sobbyn have been planning this for a while.

There are two mothers (can't include Meri here) who have different wishes and dreams for their remaining kids being forced into "compromising" (AKA Bending to the Will of the Leader and His Latest Squeeze) all to fit the picture for one person in the group.  That's not what I consider compromise.  That's what I consider being browbeaten.

It definitely seemed to be a situation where the other wives had to get their minds right with it, because it was going to happen regardless. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I agree completely. I don't think this family is about compromise, it is about Kody and now Robyn. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Kody loves the feel of the wind through his hair as he rushes from house to house pretending to be in charge of moving.

One of the LV homes is off the market, but not officially sold yet according to Zillow.  The other 3 have been on the market for 230, 140 & 39 days and haven't sold yet.

According to their social media, in addition to the plots of land in Flag, Christine has bought a house and Robyn has rented a 7 bed 7 bath home and Janelle is Striving on a couch in a smaller rented home complaining about the snow. I'm not sure what Meri is up to - if hers is the house that has only been on the market for 39 days, she may have hung around LV longer.

Thank you!  I know we're behind on the show as to what they are doing now!

Too bad they didn't go to Meri 's b and b but I guess that being Utah maybe they couldn't!

3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you!  I know we're behind on the show as to what they are doing now!

Too bad they didn't go to Meri 's b and b but I guess that being Utah maybe they couldn't!

They couldn't go to Meri's B&B because it is specifically zoned as a business and not a personal dwelling.  They couldn't live there even if they wanted to.   Although I supposed they could all cram into the caretaker's cottage......

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Fallacy said:

Dalton will be attending college there,

Dayton.

1 hour ago, Fallacy said:

isn’t it entirely possible he applied for a college there after they picked it as their new location? 

It isn't likely.  This episode looks to have been mainly filmed last spring when Dayton would have been choosing among the financial aid and acceptances he'd received.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

This episode looks to have been mainly filmed last spring when Dayton would have been choosing among the financial aid and acceptances he'd received.  

A reasonable family would have started the conversation at least 6 mos earlier, looking at schools that would be good for Day'un in cities that are more affordable than LV & Flagstaff.  If they knew in Fall 2017 that homes in Flag would cost 25% more for a 25% smaller house, they would not have even paid the application fee for Day'un to apply to a school in Flag.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

A reasonable family would have started the conversation at least 6 mos earlier, looking at schools that would be good for Day'un in cities that are more affordable than LV & Flagstaff.  If they knew in Fall 2018 that homes in Flag would cost 25% more for a 25% smaller house, they would not have even paid the application fee for Day'un to apply to a school in Flag.

Actually, a reasonable family would have realized that it is grossly unfair to uproot an entire family for the benefit of 2 of them, for something that is so short-term (making sure that Dayton adjusts well to college).  Robin can take a short-term rental for the first few weeks, or even a month, during which time she learns what Dayton's college needs will be, and finds a qualified grad-student to take over after she leaves.  The family would still move (since we all think their LV mortgages require it), but to a place that makes the most sense for the most people and for their finances. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

A reasonable family would have started the conversation at least 6 mos earlier, looking at schools that would be good for Day'un in cities that are more affordable than LV & Flagstaff.  If they knew in Fall 2018 that homes in Flag would cost 25% more for a 25% smaller house, they would not have even paid the application fee for Day'un to apply to a school in Flag.

The cutoff date for applications is May 1st for any financial considerations.   (Scholarships, FAFSA funds? whatnot.) Does Dayton live at home or on campus?  If he is living in a dorm then he HAD to have applied long before they decided to move to Flagstaff in June or July or whenever they actually knew for a fact they were going there.

Kody did his presentation in May.  At that time he asked the wives to give it some thought and he would take suggestions about where to move.  The cameras later showed the wives talking about moving, not wanting to move - and wondering WHERE they were going to go?

Next we see Kody decide to drive down to Flagstaff with Robyn.  Eight hour round trip drive.  Next he goes with Christine.  And with Meri.  (Did Janelle get a turn?)  They probably stayed at least overnight so that they could meet with the camera crew and realtors and look at properties and houses.  Depending on when this all happened and when the May "presentation" was, we are probably in June.

I don't know if you have had kids to go a college/University, but there are essays to be submitted and application fees and housing deposits and transcripts to be ordered and sent and all of this takes time - and there ARE deadlines.

If Robyn was uncertain that Dayton could handle himself in college without her being there as a support person, would she even bother sending money and going to all of this bother for out-of-state colleges?  Why would she?  Unless she thought she would be there to help him out there would be no reason whatsoever.

Attending a college or University is not like enrolling in the local K-12 schools.  You can't just enroll your kid a week or two before the start of a semester.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Initially, Kody explained to his wives HIS need to move.  He had no idea WHERE and it seemed he didn't much care.  (I believe it had everything to do with the ballon mortgages coming due.)  He would do almost anything to manipulate his wives into agreeing with him.

I do believe that AFTER the initial meeting with all the wives, Robyn came up with the idea of Flagstaff  (because of her son) and then used her influence over Kody to get HER way.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

If they knew in Fall 2018 that homes in Flag would cost 25% more for a 25% smaller house, they would not have even paid the application fee for Day'un to apply to a school in Flag.

Fall of 2017, but yes that's the way reasonable people do things.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

Initially, Kody explained to his wives HIS need to move.  He had no idea WHERE and it seemed he didn't much care.  (I believe it had everything to do with the ballon mortgages coming due.)  He would do almost anything to manipulate his wives into agreeing with him.

I do believe that AFTER the initial meeting with all the wives, Robyn came up with the idea of Flagstaff  (because of her son) and then used her influence over Kody to get HER way.

I’m not sure I’m convinced that Robin was the driving force here. I waver between yes and no. I think it’s possible that she was the first wife to suggest a place after Kody decreed they get outta Dodge and He was just glad someone had picked something and then bulldozed the other 3. I dunno. 

8 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

HAHA!  That was my thought.  Maybe Janelle used to be the outdoorsy type, a long time ago.  But these days, she comes across as more of the cozied up in bed while binge watching TV type.

Didn’t she go fishing at Maddie’s wedding venue? I might be misremembering. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:
6 hours ago, Screetchingstop said:

What I said was that Janelle said she couldn't stand being a stay at home mom. I was a working mom myself so don't assume I was saying women aren't raising their kids if they go to work. I said she didn't raise her kids.  During that segment ( several seasons ago) she also explained all the things she found distasteful about being home all day with her kids.  So her now saying she wants the "priviledge of raising her son" rings phony to me. 

Ok ok ok...let's take a deep breath and maybe try to see Janelle's comment of "wanting the privilege of raising my child" from a different perspective?

When I watched the scene, I didn't think Janelle's comment was as much "phony" as I thought it was sarcastic.  Kinda like when a parent is repeatedly asked "why" by their child and they just reply "because I said so!". Or when a teenager whines "ugh why are you bothering meeeeeee?!"...and the parent replies "oh because I just love you soooo much and can't bear to be away from you!".  I personally think it was sarcasm and not meant to be so literal.

• Love 2