Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Mariah's Big Announcement

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Robyn is such a bad liar. Way to use your kids to try to convince Meri to move. Do you think that Meri even got a trip alone with Kody to Flagstaff, ARIZONA? 

The power dynamic in that Robyn/Meri conversation was interesting. 

It was so transparently about Meri having to appear before Dear Leader to agree with her. The fact that this was a done-deal was obvious  and Meri was left with the only Henry Ford choice (“we can move anywhere you want, as long as it’s Flagstaff”)

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

The power dynamic in that Robyn/Meri conversation was interesting. 

It was so transparently about Meri having to appear before Dear Leader to agree with her. The fact that this was a done-deal was obvious  and Meri was left with the only Henry Ford choice (“we can move anywhere you want, as long as it’s Flagstaff”)

Sorry, but your post is not making sense. Can you translate in plain English please. Who did Meri have to appear before and what was the done deal?  And what is a henry ford choice? Who said to her that they could move anywhere she wanted?  

• Love 1

Holy Hell, that convo between Kody and Meri re: Mariah and Audrey moving in had me cringing and covering my eyes in secondhand embarrassment. 

There is absolutely nothing between those two aside from seething resentments and barely-concealed contempt.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why, in fact, can't Gabe live with Maddie and be a live-in babysitter for Axel?

I agree except that I believe that Maddie and family just moved to NC.  I saw something recently on her IG.  No details were given but I do know they've just moved.

Edited by Julia67
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

Each of these woman deserve a bravery medal just for bedding this creepy, mini-dictator.

Each of these women need a psych eval for choosing to let him touch them.  And then try to pass their lifestyle off as wonderful and satisfying.  They are truly delusional if they think any sane person is buying that crap.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Holy Hell, that convo between Kody and Meri re: Mariah and Audrey moving in had me cringing and covering my eyes in secondhand embarrassment. 

There is absolutely nothing between those two aside from seething resentments and barely-concealed contempt.

I could understand his concern about the sleeping arrangements.  They do have to keep to a standard for all the kids.  I didn't understand why he needed to suggest different houses.  Meri had a good point that the other houses were already full while she had plenty of space in her house.  She has extra rooms so they can sleep separately while there. 

5 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

I agree except that I believe Gabe and Maddie just moved to NC.  I saw something recently on her IG.  No details were given but I do know they've just moved.

But this was filmed 2 years ago so he could have stayed with them.  They just recently moved to NC.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I have been totally remiss in keeping up with these threads because everyone writes so fast and so funnily, and I'm afraid of losing my job if I started reading, but I have gotta ask a question (and feel free to redirect me if this has totally already been answered):

Why are they moving?

All I can remember from last week was Kody drawing a straight line on the x axis and a squiggly line on the y axis, a a polka dot in between and I Interpreted that in my Kody-to English-dictionary to mean they were in a buyer's market or at least upside-down on their mortgages and needed to get out...

This week, however, they are planning on building half the space of housing on new land, and it is going to be more expensive, so...there goes that.  To be fair to Kody, he did say he was abandoning his plans from his presentation, but the question still stands:  Why are they moving?

If your hear it from Janelle, it is because Flagstaff offers more hunting, fishing and outdooor activities (because Nevada offers none of that stuff), so she is going to uproot her 16 y/or son who has compared this move to having his foot chopped off, so that Janelle (Janelle, y'all) can hunt and fish.  Ok.

If you hear it from Christine, it is a safety issue.  Yeah, suburban Las Vegas is so terribly unsafe.  To hear about the gang warfare that is going on there, you just want to cry out for the children.  Oh, no wait, that is Chicago; what exactly is going on in Las Vegas that would be so dangerous to adult children that they would have to move?  A shooting at a concert?  A freaking Congresswoman got shot in Arizona just a few years ago, so there goes that...

If you hear it from Robyn, Las Vegas never felt like home.  Considering you 'can't' go back home, because of the polygamy laws, which no one gives a shit about, as long as you are not loafing off of the welfare system, is that a legitimate reason to rip one of the triplets (can someone cut my throat next time they use that phrase to invoke three teenagers of the same age, one of whom is not biologically related to the other two) from her school?

I haven't heard Meri's take on it, other than she seems to want to make Kody happy so that he will pay for Meriah's grad school...

All they kept talking about last night was the trees.  The trees and the goddamned wind.  That is lovely.  It sounds like a Van Gogh painting.  But why are y'all moving, and why are you doing it now, when three of the kids are going into their junior year?  Is if for a storyline?  Because if it's for a storyline, I genuinely hate them all.  Ya just moved a gigantic family from Utah to LV "in the night" and all the kids are so upset about it that some of them (Paedon) don't ever want to go back to Utah ever?  But you're going to do it again because of some trees?  Fuck all the way off, all of you, especially Janelle, who is so fucking selfish that she is going to ruin Gabe's life so that she can "raise him," (think that ship has sailed honey) when he just lettered onto a team.  Why, in fact, can't Gabe live with Maddie and be a live-in babysitter for Axel?  Why are these fucking people so selfish?  I can't stand it.  

Excellent analysis! I think the consensus here is that Robin engineered the move so she could be in the same town where her son Day-un would be starting college...which just happened to be Flagstaff. Funny how her kids matter most (or she’s the best at manipulating Kody)

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

Oh my, you made me realize that religious deference hasn't been part of their storyline for quite awhile. What is their story now?

Since they don’t spend too much time talking about their religion, I can only assume that they are still somehow loosely affiliated with the AUB and still obey certain rules (thumbs-up for polygamy, Kody’s fambly’s persecution by the gubment, be fruitful and multiply, no premarital sex, wives submit to their husband, modest dress, etc.)

Apparently, they believe in three levels of glory (heaven) and one of the ways to get to the highest level is to practice polygamy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

Since they don’t spend too much time talking about their religion...

At this point I think any kind of religious rules are extremely fluid and change to meet the situation. 

Kootie worships at the altar of the Divine Church of TLC and the Almighty Dollar so if it would keep this crapfest on the air, he'd decree they all wear coconut shell brassieres and sell their firstborn children.  Any time he wants attention he throws in some made up crap (the whole anti-pork decree, apparently forgetting he's supposedly Mormon, not Jewish) and drinking booze although that's supposed to be against the "tenants" (as Sobbyn called it) of their faux religion.

They cling to the whole "because of my religion" explanation for polygamy simply to live up to the title of the show.  Kootie's getting too long in the tooth to nail a wife a night anymore but not to screw the TLC viewers with this load of BS.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I still don't get why they ever moved to LV in the first place--and I don't mean the phony "flee from persecution" reason. When they moved, it was to rentals--so couldn't they have rented any other place/state? If Kody had "always" wanted to live in LV, what changed, really? Why not just downsize in the same area?

I thought Robyn said in a previous episode that she always considered Utah "home"--but I guess now it's Arizona. 

Does Kody have some sort of ADD--can't stay on one place too long?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Also, glad I didn't hear or really see this dude, a face only a mother could love.. or Mykelti 

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is disrespectful to show up for a BBQ or a family even in a tank 

image.png.26afeacc2a020240382a88c9ad9def9f.png 

I think we should just be grateful he had a shirt on at all.  lol

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Why Flaggstaff? Honestly? No offense to anyone living there. I live in southern Utah where Mykelti lives. The closest neurologist for our child is in Phoenix. We have decided to leave Utah. I had done some research on AZ and we drove back through Flagstaff. Just like Robyn;s daughter said, I woke up from a long day of travel and saw the trees, it was lightly raining and colder and I felt a sense of calm and happiness. After years of extreme heat and desert, I wanted to get out of the car. We went through the mall, it was a "dead mall" but it did have a hot topic for the kids. I knew the community college had a program for my child that had health issues. I checked out the schools and the rentals homes and stopped to talk about health insurance costs and quickly found out even though medical care would be closer, the cost was so expensive. I also was bothered by what I saw a as big wealth divide? I only have spent 2 days in Flagstaff researching but I saw very nice exclusive homes and then the poor struggling working class and really no solid middle class. I was also told that during the super hot summer months that there is a large unsolved homeless issue with people trying to get out of the heat. i do not think Flaggstaff is a dream affordable city to move to? All I can think of is Kody remembered it from the RV trip via route 66? or there is a MLM there or an investor that will let them buy land with some weird non-exsistant equity ?

Yeah, no offense to anyone living there, but I wasn't overly impressed with what has been shown so far. Even Googling images, it looks nice enough but not WOW. Maybe because I live in New England, where there are pine trees and hills aplenty? The downtown area looked pretty typical, too. Again, not trying to offend anyone, but they raved about how gorgeous it is...

• Love 9

When I was looking up their LV houses on Zillow I noticed that houses across the main street from the Cult-de-Sac, presumably where Maddie & Caleb were renting, cost in the $250-350 range, much more affordable than their McMansions and in Gabe's beloved school district. Does Logan still live in LV? After Maddie said she wouldn't help him run away from nu-hometown, I was hoping Gabe would find someone more understanding to live with.  Was that Hunter sitting & acting like a lump on the couch with Janelle? Where does he live?

Christine mentioned during Kody's TED talk that it was March (2018) and in one of the talking heads Meri looked ~20 lbs heavier, so they are clearly mixing and matching scenes from several different months.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I still don't get why they ever moved to LV in the first place--and I don't mean the phony "flee from persecution" reason. When they moved, it was to rentals--so couldn't they have rented any other place/state? If Kody had "always" wanted to live in LV, what changed, really? Why not just downsize in the same area?

I thought Robyn said in a previous episode that she always considered Utah "home"--but I guess now it's Arizona. 

It goes along with the thing where he can't just have sex with one wife.  Grass always greener, or some such horseshit.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Kootie worships at the altar of the Divine Church of TLC and the Almighty Dollar so if it would keep this crapfest on the air, he'd decree they all wear coconut shell brassieres and sell their firstborn children

Yes, well, apparently it must either pay well or stroke his ego, or both, to keep the shit-show on the air.  TLC is heavy with circus side-show type entertainment and these freaks certainly fit that bill.

I wonder if the church going AUB congregation(s?) think he’s a sell out or a genius for raking in $$$ over their fambly’s televised antics.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It goes along with the thing where he can't just have sex with one wife.  Grass always greener, or some such horseshit.

Well, that horseshit DOES IN FACT make that grass greener. 

Showing myself out....

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Right ? Why wasn't it Wyoming or Montana or Washington ? Was it to please Sobyn so she could still be only 2 hours from her family ?  If Cody was spending all his free time, he would have realized that Flag is just out of their budget ( or bou'jet as Carson & Tom lovingly call it ) 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Absolutely loved the look on Kody's face when he was ranting about Mariah possibly marrying the first girl she dated, then Meri and Christine reminded him he was their first boyfriend. Robyn and Janelle just had the "not so much, here" look on their faces.

I actually thought that even a raging narcissist like Kodoofus would have remembered that he was the first boyfriend of two of his wives.  Of course, given which two wives it was, I guess it's more understandable...

17 hours ago, Gingi1976 said:

I was VERY impressed with Gabe in his talking head. Articulate, logical and thoughtful. He’s a smart kid and I feel bad for him.

I agree.  What was surprising, though, was how completely different he looked in his TH versus the actual scene.  I know that the actual scene's taping was over a year ago, but wow, he looked so much more grown up, a bit slimmer in the face, much better hair cut, and much more attractive in the TH.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Also, glad I didn't hear or really see this dude, a face only a mother could love.. or Mykelti 

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is disrespectful to show up for a BBQ or a family even in a tank 

image.png.26afeacc2a020240382a88c9ad9def9f.png 

Ok, if you have some time, it's worth a watch to see FT and Mykelti 's wedding episodes.  After you watch, read the threads.  So many jaw dropping moments, and one of my favorites, is Mykelti extorting a free honeymoon from her father in exchange for postponing the wedding.  Talking heads featuring Christine telling everyone how much she loves Tony through gritted teeth.  Another favorite is Tony telling Mykelti that sure Kody can afford the wedding.  He can take out a "home equity loan" .  No big deal!!  People do it ALL THE TIME!!  Then Christine sends a JUST KIDDING! damage control tweet the next morning.  She LOVES Tony.  And the wedding.  OMG, the wedding.

Hulu has sister wives and they may be on YouTube.  If you can't find the episodes, read the threads anyway.  Classic.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, toodles said:

Ok, if you have some time, it's worth a watch to see FT and Mykelti 's wedding episodes.  After you watch, read the threads.  So many jaw dropping moments, and one of my favorites, is Mykelti extorting a free honeymoon from her father in exchange for postponing the wedding.  Talking heads featuring Christine telling everyone how much she loves Tony through gritted teeth.  Another favorite is Tony telling Mykelti that sure Kody can afford the wedding.  He can take out a "home equity loan" .  No big deal!!  People do it ALL THE TIME!!  Then Christine sends a JUST KIDDING! damage control tweet the next morning.  She LOVES Tony.  And the wedding.  OMG, the wedding.

Hulu has sister wives and they may be on YouTube.  If you can't find the episodes, read the threads anyway.  Classic.

I watched it - but you missed mentioning the sinGGING of that voice of an angel Christine... bwahaha 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Kody:  "Gabe is being extremely dramatic."  Actually, I thought he was being very calm and sensible, as well as articulate and level headed.  You, Kody, are the drama queen.  Also, way to dismiss his feelings about it all.  

Really and truly, that tells you everything you need to know about the true, deep-down, through-and-through horribleness of Kody.

9 hours ago, taragel said:

Flagstaff just makes no sense, especially after Kody "finally figured out" that THEY CAN'T AFFORD IT. Well, then pick somewhere else that has trees! Good Lord. Because "less house for more money" didn't derail them, I'm thinking the theory that Dayton's college being in Flagstaff is the real reason they're set on that place. 

Absolutely, positively has to be.  It is such an intensely, grossly, nonsensical decision, even for the Browns, that there has to be some reason behind it.  And since Robbin (spelled that way because that's what she's doing to the financial and emotional future and well-being of the entire family) rules the roost, her needs prevail.

8 hours ago, Julia67 said:

And, one more question, perhaps someone can explain to me:  if they are in such serious financial straits, HOW do they move (not cheap) and then buy expensive land to build more expensive houses while renting expensive temporary homes??  All without having sold their Vegas homes???  (I realize their loans were interest only in Vegas but it still makes no sense to me.)  They must have money somewhere or no bank/mortgage lender would approve ANY of that!  It makes no sense to me.  Do Janelle and Christine even work? And, wth does Kody do that gives them enough money for homes/lifestyle like this??  It boggles the mind.

Seriously, I would like an answer to this.

8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Christine is madly in love with Kody. She lives for any morsel of attention he gives her. They way she was hanging all over him when they were alone doing their talking head was really sickening. Now that she is positioned as wife #2 she is happy as a clam, it doesn't matter how he treated her in the past.

I was so repulsed when she called him "Love".   

8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Whenever, I wonder about why they may be so prone to stay with Kody, despite their issues, I go back to their religious teachings, which they don't dwell on that much, but, their future in the afterlife is bound to their family connections.  Someone chime in, if I am off, but, it's my understanding that in the afterlife, the man rules, with power according to how many wives he has.  (I'm not kidding.)  And, I'm not sure how you fit in, if you don't have your man, that you are eternally bound to.  

So.many.inconsistencies for this clan.  If they genuinely believe this, then they would be absolutely heartbroken and fearful about Mariah, and they would also be waaayyy more preachy about polygamy, since their children's eternal future depends on it.  But they are only rah-rah about polygamy when it suits their needs, and the rest of the time they discard it.

• Love 16

He even almost tripped himself while on the couch. He went to say "three wives" but cought himself on time saying just "t" and corrected himself "four wives". He completely doesn't count Mery as his wife anymore.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I watched it - but you missed mentioning the sinGGING of that voice of an angel Christine... bwahaha 

I misunderstood.  I thought you meant that was your first glimpse of FT.  My bad.

I had to narrow my FT list down or my post would have been 10 pages long.  Lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

On another forum I used to frequent we called that intense, second hand embarrassment "fardo". Like--"oh my god I was dying from fardo when Kody and Meri were talking about Audrey and Mariah's move", or "that whole scene was so fardoriffic that I could barely watch". The forum is long gone and no one in my real life knows what it means, but Its a useful word that I still use! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Yeah, no offense to anyone living there, but I wasn't overly impressed with what has been shown so far. Even Googling images, it looks nice enough but not WOW. Maybe because I live in New England, where there are pine trees and hills aplenty? The downtown area looked pretty typical, too. Again, not trying to offend anyone, but they raved about how gorgeous it is...

I am from MA and I moved to Utah. After years in the desert sand, heat and rocks, I remember I was asleep in the car and we drove into Flagstaff. It was colder, a light rain and I saw so much green and trees. I honestly felt at home or better for a minute. I had not been anywhere as close to New England in a few years and it was such a shock after leaving 115 degree heat.  Then I saw how run down some parts were and how nice other parts were (seemed like no middle class?). I think the parts the Brown's went to are not where families live, it is more for second homes, investments etc? To me it was just like rural Utah or NV but with a few trees. I had to laugh when Kody said the wind is just as bad in Vegas. It is windy a few times a year, but certainly not on any regular basis and not 50-60 mph like he said. 

Kody said he was looking for a liberal city in a conservative state. Ive looked for the opposite, conservative city in a liberal state and both concepts are hard to find. I would not call Flagstaff and AZ liberal and conservative. Plus spending as much as they will for housing sickens me in rural AZ. After driving through Flagstaff to Utah or to Phoenix , it is the most incredible poverty I have ever seen in the US and I have been to every state and many major cities. People live in the middle of no where, in horrible heat, no electricity , in these make shift housing, it is hard to describe but it is should not be livable. It left me in tears, that people live like this. They have no cars, and are hours from a city, and the heat is over 100 and no way to cool down. I do not know how Kody would want to drive by this and how he could not feel bad with how wasteful they have been on housing over the years.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 10

I'm a little over halfway through the episode and I have a question: did anybody catch where they were thinking about moving? 

I thought I heard something about Flagstaff no less than 40,000 times already.  You would think Jesus spoke directly to Kody and told him to meet Him at the pond in Flagstaff to be made the next Prophet of the Church of the Holy Wetbar...

Also the irony of Janelle discussing the move with her kids while Garrison holds the "Best Day Ever" pillow is not lost on me.

Edited by sucker4reality
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7

I still don't understand how they ended up in Flagstaff when Kody wanted to go back to Utah?  If the wives objected too much to Utah, then why not just stay in Vegas.  I am beginning to agree with everyone that this is all about Robyn.

• Love 15

Yes, kids are resilient and can get over moving, but imagine being Gabriel in  this situation: you're told you're being ripped away from your school and your friends for the financial good of the family, but then you get where you're going and your dumbass parents have spent more money on smaller houses without selling the old ones.

Edited by sucker4reality
  • Love 20
51 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

Yes, kids are resilient and can get over moving, but imagine being Gabriel in  this situation: you're told you're being ripped away from your school and your friends for the financial good of the family, but then you get where you're going and your dumbass parents have spent more money on smaller houses without selling the old ones.

Exactly.  And it was never about the financial good of the family in the first place.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Any 70's gals here who owned the Chrissy doll?  You pushed her belly button and you could make her hair longer or shorter from an opening at the top of her head?  That's what Kody's hair reminds me of - with it shaved at the sides, it looks like his mangy hair is oozing out of a hole at the top of his stupid head.  He looks utterly ridiculous.

Yes, and I loved her.  She had the best wardrobe.  My mother sewed every outfit.  My sisters had Mia and Velvet.  

This was not a good hair episode for Kody.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

On another forum I used to frequent we called that intense, second hand embarrassment "fardo". Like--"oh my god I was dying from fardo when Kody and Meri were talking about Audrey and Mariah's move", or "that whole scene was so fardoriffic that I could barely watch". The forum is long gone and no one in my real life knows what it means, but Its a useful word that I still use! 

"Fard" is French for "rouge" (makeup).  So perhaps the connection is extreme blushing that looks like rouged cheeks caused by the embarrassment.

"Fardo" is Portuguese for "burden"

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Our 10 second glimpse of Tony showed he's gained about 100 pounds.  Does anyone know why he told Mykelti that she can't have a baby?  Common sense would say they are saving up for a house or something, but I haven't found either of them to possess much of that trait.... soooo.....?????

Maybe it's a matter of logistics....  Tony has a 48" belly and a 2" weeny... Mykelti should invest in a turkey baster if she wants kids. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Yeah, no offense to anyone living there, but I wasn't overly impressed with what has been shown so far.

The areas they showed on the show are on the outer edges of town and are much more open than the town itself. To the northwest (where Christine's house is) and to the east along Hwy 89A, there aren't many trees. Plus they have removed trees for constructing new homes on acreage. But in downtown Flag, as well as to the west and south, lots of trees. The town is also very old (for AZ), having been founded in 1876. Lots of great old homes and Craftsman bungalows. Downtown has been resurrected. Definitely does not have a "city" feel to it.  It really is a cool place to visit. I worked in the Flag area for both of my careers, but never even considered moving there due to the expense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

They should have stayed in Vegas and made Meri give up her mansion complete with a wet bar first.  She could have moved in with Christine or Janelle and kept her leggings at the other house.

They could have seen how the market was.  Saturating the market with.4 houses on the same street is beyond stupid.  It appears there is something wrong with which is why 4 buyers are selling & will drive down the value of all 4.

Kody considers himself the modern day Moses...this move is stupid on so many levels.

• Love 18
On 2/24/2019 at 10:42 PM, toodles said:

If Kody did a ton of research and is still surprised that it's expensive, then he did a really piss poor job.

ETA:  One word-Zillow.

OMG! YES! No kidding! How do you choose a place to live before going on Zillow first to check it out?? Idiot. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So that was "Mariah's Big Announcement". She was accepted to Loyola and moving to Chicago? The call the whole family together for that? Wonder how much Mariah and Audrey got paid to show their faces in that scene. Audrey is apparently drinking the Brown family koolaid. 

Such an annoying grab at attention. Eye roll. Mariah seeing some wedding announcements and cheers and wants in on the applause. She wants a cookie for going to another college. Mariah take a seat.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She never raised her own children. Back in Utah she couldn't stand to be a stay at home mom. She had a good job and made all the money for the family while Christine took care of her kids all day. That was back in the earlier days before Sobbyn came in to the picture.  

I hated Janelle for that comment tonight about 'wanting the privilege of raising her child'....since when, Janelle. Ugh. She gets on my nerves the most. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, ava111 said:

He even almost tripped himself while on the couch. He went to say "three wives" but cought himself on time saying just "t" and corrected himself "four wives". He completely doesn't count Mery as his wife anymore.

I noticed that too. And then that tweet about Gabe being overly dramatic. He is just an asshole. Seriously, if Meri were to leave the fambly and strike out on her own, TLC could give her a spin-off show and she'd do great with her new B & B and money coming in from TLC. Heck, she might even meet herself a REAL man (and I mean that in both catfish and kootie context! LOL) I know I'd watch!

• Love 9
On 2/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, ginger90 said:

According to Janelle, two years would have been too long. 🤷🏼‍♀️

And by now, real time, didn't Maddie and Caleb move to north Carolina for a job?  So that wouldn't have worked out in the long run

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This prompted me to register! For all I know and can remember, my family invented  "fardo" in the 80's and have been defining it like this and passing it to others since then. And I pass it around a lot, because we all know that feeling, but have no word for it. And no one ever knows what I'm talking about, but once I define it, they start using it, too. Wondering if this is a HUGE coincidence or if we've gone viral 30 years after the fact! LOL 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They cling to the whole "because of my religion" explanation for polygamy simply to live up to the title of the show.  Kootie's getting too long in the tooth to nail a wife a night anymore but not to screw the TLC viewers with this load of BS.

This is the funniest, most truthful, and most succinct summary of everything that defines the Kode and the Gang.  

11 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I still don't understand how they ended up in Flagstaff when Kody wanted to go back to Utah?  If the wives objected too much to Utah, then why not just stay in Vegas.  I am beginning to agree with everyone that this is all about Robyn.

That woman has been running this family since she entered the picture (thanks to Meri).  I didn't see it at first but looking back, she's been HBIC the entire time, and I mean way before she became legal wifey.  I appreciate @Kyanight explaining in these threads just how subversive women in polygamy can be - but I'm starting to look at Robyn in a whole new light.  She is indeed an evil genius (using the word "genius" loosely here - meaning that she's dug her barnacles into what she thought was going to be a gravy train and not the sinking ship it will soon become with Kaptain Kodoof at the helm).  But no kidding, I'd be scared to sleep at night if she were living right across my cuddle-sac.  She's starting to creep me out in a way that she never did before.  I'm getting legit sinister vibes from her now.  She is both fascinating and repulsive.

11 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

My honest hope is that all of the Brown kids will rise from the ashes of the stupid decisions made by their parents and come out not only far ahead, but far away from wherever Kody Robyn decides to finally settle...or if nothing else, the Brown children will not subject their own eventual kids to the random awful decisions made by their whipped "leader" of a father.  It makes me irate how little Kody cares for the feelings of his kids.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, Anlogle said:

They don't need the huge houses anymore but I think they keep thinking about needing space for family get togethers as Kody made the comment that they needed a living room their whole family could fit in.  I say take smaller homes as their households are rapidly shrinking and rent space for family get togethers.  

I think they should have taken a page from the Duggars---I know, gasp!-- and bought enough land outside the city limits to have a family compound.  They wouldn't be subject to zoning.   In the center they could build a fairly large building with a large meeting room and commercial kitchen.  (sorta like the VFW lodges).  I would probably add an unfinished upstairs where later they could put in some guest rooms and bathrooms;  I would probably have 2 half bathrooms downstairs.   Then I would build Meri a 3 br ranch house and give the other wives all 5 br ranches.  Not sure about the layout, but they should be so they could be sold individually later when the grifters move again.  I mean when the Browns move again.   Kids could ride the bus to school.

21 hours ago, Anlogle said:

And during Kody’s TED Talk (thanks to the poster who coined that!)

I have missed a few seasons--what is a TED talk?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6