Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Mariah's Big Announcement

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I find it interesting that Kody and Robyn believe Christine is the wife they have to win over.  I have a feeling that is because she is most likely Kody's only "wife" at the moment.  Robyn has probably closed shop; Janelle is more like his sister and Meri is no longer in the rotation.  

Each of these woman deserve a bravery medal just for bedding this creepy, mini-dictator. I just don't understand. Has he done something financially which messes them up if they go against/leave him? Most of them are beyond childbearing years so intimacy isn't even necessary. Can't they just divvy up the assets and call it a night?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I think Mariah may inherit grandma’s culdesac on top....the part is a little wide.

Eww Tony sleeves please

Even without sleeves, Tony is a treasure in my eyes because he is everything Kody is not. I hope he doesn't change. Show me Tony anyday over scraggly, selfish, and dimwitted Mr. Brown.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I forget all the kids, but they have 3 juniors, why not stay and have them finish because after that there are just Truley and then Robyn's little kids left?

Actually they did say that after this year, it'll be 4 years in a row where they'll have seniors (Graduating 2021 Gabe/Gwen/Aurora; 2022 Ysabel; 2023 Savannah; 2024 Breanna). They didn't want any of the kids to have to start senior year somewhere new, but they can't stay for 5 years (probably because of balloon payments/the show not lasting that long/them not being able to afford these houses) until they have another lull.  When they said that, it was at least a little thoughtful of them, I guess, though I do feel bad for Gabe, who's obviously very unhappy about it. (Who knows, maybe Gwen is too and Christine's just smoothing it over to say she's not.) 

Flagstaff just makes no sense, especially after Kody "finally figured out" that THEY CAN'T AFFORD IT. Well, then pick somewhere else that has trees! Good Lord. Because "less house for more money" didn't derail them, I'm thinking the theory that Dayton's college being in Flagstaff is the real reason they're set on that place. It did not look cute, just dusty and empty to me.  The amount of them excited about trees and cold weather was ludicrous. I think Meri already has a mental calendar going till she can move to Parowan, despite her protests otherwise.

• Love 23
11 hours ago, 80sBaby said:

So..."We have to get out of Vegas ASAP due to money for our future....but we are moving somewhere much more expensive for less house!!! WTH!!!   They are so frustratingly FOS.

I wonder if Cody ever listens to himself. He is constantly contradicting himself - even in the same sentence. I started to count them last night, but there were too many and, I don't really care. I would love to see them all in one house. Now that would bring some real drama.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, kicotan said:

You don’t get to have it both ways...either live in the secular, non-plyg world where things like being the captain of the team is important or get with the program and encourage your children that following Kody’s lead is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING that’s gonna get you into the Mormon afterlife you so desperately want.

Shit or get off the pot, people.

Oh my, you made me realize that religious deference hasn't been part of their storyline for quite awhile. What is their story now?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Am I correct in believing the real reason for this sudden move is that these idiots took out 4 adjustable rate mortgages, and that after 7 years, the mortgage rates are about to flex and they can't get approved to refinance because they don't have a good income-to-debt ratio? They're not giving us any other good reason for this move besides "Kody hates Vegas" and "We need a new storyline to get renewed for another season." 

And it makes me sad that Christine and Janelle aren't fighting harder for their kids. I didn't expect much resistance from Robyn, but Christine and Janelle have really drank the Kool-Aid. Kody pouting at Meri's over everyone not being thrilled with his idea really put me off as well.

And Kody's hair is horrifyingly bad. He has 4 wives and not one will tell him the truth about how he looks. What's sad is that it really wouldn't be that bad if he would just cut it short. 

Yea, I think the mortgages going up is the reason. It’s so apparent that he has already made the decision awhile ago they are all moving. He says he’s a “leader” and they all need to agree, but really — if Kody can find a way to give them beautiful new homes without any of them having to work real jobs, then sure- they will all try to rationalize why they want to move   Sheep that they are.

His hair is horrible. He’d even look better with a shaved head. Meri’s is just as bad. What color is it supposed to be? 50 shades of Bad? Look how much stiff product they put in their hair to make it stay horrible?

Meri says she travels a lot for her online business. Why? It’s online. She’ll just drift away from the family. (Hopefully). She’s a self-absorbed mess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I am, once again, astounded by Meri's eye makeup.  When she and Christine were talking on the couch (or while Meri was crying "Poor me, everybody hates me YET AGAIN), the difference in them was so stark.  Meri's eyes were BLACK, all the way around, BLACK.  And does she have ANY natural eyebrow.  It look like she uses a stencil to pain on gray eyebrows!?? Christine is a much more natural beauty.  But I can't stand Meri or anything about her, really.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So that was "Mariah's Big Announcement". She was accepted to Loyola and moving to Chicago? The call the whole family together for that? Wonder how much Mariah and Audrey got paid to show their faces in that scene. Audrey is apparently drinking the Brown family koolaid. 

"We have a HUGE announcement to make - it's a really big dill!  We found a cheap apartment in Chicago with extra rooms!  That's it - you can go back to your regular routines, now!"     

Dayum - even two-ton Tony came over for the announcement and there wasn't a taco bar in sight!

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

And, one more question, perhaps someone can explain to me:  if they are in such serious financial straits, HOW do they move (not cheap) and then buy expensive land to build more expensive houses while renting expensive temporary homes??  All without having sold their Vegas homes???  (I realize their loans were interest only in Vegas but it still makes no sense to me.)  They must have money somewhere or no bank/mortgage lender would approve ANY of that!  It makes no sense to me.  Do Janelle and Christine even work? And, wth does Kody do that gives them enough money for homes/lifestyle like this??  It boggles the mind.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I suppose when Christine watched the episode back months later and found out that Kody was delayed in getting to the hospital to be there for Truely's birth because he and Robyn were super busy trying to sneak away from the cameras so they could kiss (which, I believe, none of the other wives did with Kody pre-marriage) she rightfully fell apart.  Who remembers Christine having to exit a couch interview when she found out that Kody had gone wedding dress shopping with Robyn, something he also never did with any of his other wives?  And then there was the episode where Christine did some cross-stitch project or something similar and simperingly presented it to Robyn as Christine's "apology" for not being especially nice to Robyn.  That entire story arc made me furious - although Christine, in being the third wife, likely also thought that she was the last wife.  So twisted, every bit of it.

Agree 100%.  Poor Christine.  Not sure why they brought Robyn into the family - was it for the sole purpose of going on TLC and earning some income for the family?  Whatever the reason, it certainly backfired for everyone except Robyn.

• Love 4

Christine is madly in love with Kody. She lives for any morsel of attention he gives her. They way she was hanging all over him when they were alone doing their talking head was really sickening. Now that she is positioned as wife #2 she is happy as a clam, it doesn't matter how he treated her in the past.

No matter how Christine talks like she's such a together, independent woman she is really just an insecure, lonely woman seeking love from Kody in any way she can get it.  I just realized this sounds like Meri, too!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No matter how Christine talks like she's such a together, independent woman she is really just an insecure, lonely woman seeking love how ever she can get it.  I just realized this sounds like Meri, too!

Kody tossed Meri aside even before she did anything to piss him off.  SHE brought Robyn to him on a silver platter.  So he divorces her, makes ROBYN his legal wife and then (as far as we can see) doesn't give a scrap of attention to Meri ever again.  She's the dried up old first wife that no longer interests him now that he has Robo-chin.  Miserable and lonely Meri does the catfishing - and now Kody has an excuse to dump her and he doesn't have to feel guilty about it.   Of course Meri doesn't feel like a wife or part of the family.  She brings a lot of it on herself - but she needs to figure out what is going to make her happy, even if it's leaving and living on her own.

• Love 15

Hmm. If there were only another “conservative” state with a city or town that was accepting of polygamy. Maybe one where they already have roots?

Doesn’t dimwit realize from the “persecution” he thinks he’ll be subjected to in Utah that the conservative State laws override any “liberal tolerant” city or town ordinances or practices?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Each of these woman deserve a bravery medal just for bedding this creepy, mini-dictator. I just don't understand. Has he done something financially which messes them up if they go against/leave him? Most of them are beyond childbearing years so intimacy isn't even necessary. Can't they just divvy up the assets and call it a night?

Whenever, I wonder about why they may be so prone to stay with Kody, despite their issues, I go back to their religious teachings, which they don't dwell on that much, but, their future in the afterlife is bound to their family connections.  Someone chime in, if I am off, but, it's my understanding that in the afterlife, the man rules, with power according to how many wives he has.  (I'm not kidding.)  And, I'm not sure how you fit in, if you don't have your man, that you are eternally bound to.  So, they would have to be pretty sure they could find another Morman husband, who would marry them, spiritually, if not legally, to conform with their teachings. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

And, one more question, perhaps someone can explain to me:  if they are in such serious financial straits, HOW do they move (not cheap) and then buy expensive land to build more expensive houses while renting expensive temporary homes??  All without having sold their Vegas homes???  (I realize their loans were interest only in Vegas but it still makes no sense to me.)  They must have money somewhere or no bank/mortgage lender would approve ANY of that!  It makes no sense to me.  Do Janelle and Christine even work? And, wth does Kody do that gives them enough money for homes/lifestyle like this??  It boggles the mind.

I have been asking the same questions ever since we found out they were moving and BUILDING again.  For a brief, deluded moment, I actually thought that perhaps they were indeed building - but building one large house for all, since they have far fewer people to house than they used to, and isn't that what people do when they are downsizing and trying to save money?  But then I saw that Robyn was renting some 7-bed/7-bath manse and I snapped back to my senses.  These are the Browns we're talking about, but it still begs the question - who is loaning these grifters the money to keep cutting and running?  

28 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Agree 100%.  Poor Christine.  Not sure why they brought Robyn into the family - was it for the sole purpose of going on TLC and earning some income for the family?  Whatever the reason, it certainly backfired for everyone except Robyn.

Yes.  I have to think that Kody and Meri concocted the plan to get them on teevee by having Kody actively seeking another wife, and then Meri went out and found Robyn for Kody.  Meanwhile, we silly monogamists are still scratching our heads at how this lifestyle makes each of them better.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

While I can barely believe a lot of the stuff we are hearing about the move, I am glad to see more honesty in other ways.  Like, this week Christine comes right out and says that Meri is on the outs.  That Meri is outside looking in at the rest of the family.....Pretty blunt and bold, I must say.  And Meri agreed!  So, I take this to mean that Kody does not stay at Meri's house anymore.  He doesn't sleep with Meri anymore and Meri is not normally included in family events, any longer, except for the TLC scenes. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

While I can barely believe a lot of the stuff we are hearing about the move, I am glad to see more honesty in other ways.  Like, this week Christine comes right out and says that Meri is on the outs.  That Meri is outside looking in at the rest of the family.....Pretty blunt and bold, I must say.  And Meri agreed!  So, I take this to mean that Kody does not stay at Meri's house anymore.  He doesn't sleep with Meri anymore and Meri is not normally included in family events, any longer, except for the TLC scenes. 

I'm so glad Christine referenced that prior convo between her and Meri, when Christine was the one on the outs with Kodoof and she went to Meri for advice...with Meri's advice basically being, "suck it up, buttercup."  I remember thinking, whoa - heartless there, Mere.  Now Christine hears the sweet song of Karma singingk Meri's name, and while she may have been apologetic to Meri (for telling the truth that when Meri walks into a room, her 1,000 pounds of baggage and self-tanner precede her), the fact that she stated outright - "yup, Meri.  You are On. The. Outside. Looking.  In" must have been so, so sweet.  The fact that she managed to do it with nary a smile nor smirk was even better.  Christine does the "false concern" face better than Robyn, and that's saying something.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19

The "adults" in this family are a mess.

I like what I have seen of Gabe.  I went to a high-school where there were a lot of military kids whose families transferred into town for a year.  Others stayed 2-5 years.  There were always students who were living with other families to stay and finish their senior year.  I don't recall students doing that for the last two years, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few.  Gabe is on  a team, and I would think if he is going to be the team captain his senior year, he is very popular.  He could have stayed with a family during the academic year and commuted to Flagstaff for holidays and part of the summer.   I guess the original thought was he would stay with Maddie and Caleb, but I now know they are in NC.  Are Mykelti and Taco Man still in the LV area?  If so, he could have stayed with them. 

I still cannot stand Kody;  actually I am disliking him more and more;  his messy hair reflects his messed up thought process.  Or maybe he just goes with his emotions as there is nothing logical about choosing to more to Flagstaff (which someone referred to as FLAG which makes me think of Scientology)  Moving to a more expensive housing market makes no sense whatsoever unless they are much better off financially than this show hints at.   They should pick a place with a lower cost of living than LV, not a higher one.  One place that comes to mind is Brandon, MS where the wannabe polygamous McGee family resides (thanks to whoever suggested I watch that wretched show which follows this one).  I am sure it would be cheaper.  Maybe we should place bets on how long they can last in Flagstaff.  They were in Wyoming before.  Surely there are decent places to live there that are less expensive.

The Browns remind me of a family of grifters I once knew.  When I was in high school there was a house in our neighborhood that was always rented to a military family.  One year the military family moved out early, and the landlord got new tenants.  The family had a daughter in my grade.  I knew her only slightly as she seemed to have different interests.  I think they lived there about 3-4 months then suddenly overnight they were gone.    Anyway, it turned out they never stayed in one place very long.  The landlord was upset with himself for renting to them; I think they left the place somewhat trashed as well.   I had forgotten about them until Kody came along.

I had all sorts of issues with time lines as I thought Mariah and her partner (name I cannot recall) were already living in Chicago not somewhere near LV.   I was unimpressed with the Kody-Meri conversation as Kody surely knew that with Mariah gone, Meri would have had several free bedrooms.  I don't see Meri patrolling the hall to make sure they don't sneak into the same bedroom at night.  So they are moving to Chicago and have a relatively cheap 2 bedroom apartment so the Browns can come visit.  I noted Janelle was quick to imply she would stay in a hotel and not with them.  Actually, I would expect Janelle to stay elsewhere since Mariah is not her child.

Speaking of conversations,  I could have done with out the Meri-Christine "heart-to-heart."   If Christine thinks Meri is bringing baggage into her house she needs to state exactly what the baggage is that bugs her.  I thought it was still the catfish stuff.   I am sure Christine hated that as it shows Meri willing to ditch the polygamous lifestyle that Christine things is God's gift to the world.  Clearly it isn't for Meri.  Janelle seems to have checked out eons ago, and I wish TLC would change the intro to the show and change Janelle's comment to reflect how hard she thought the first 10-20 years are in that type of relationship.  I guess if you are the convert to that religion, you are less likely to admit it isn't all that great, but she certainly seems to have.  

Edited by Twopper
spelling
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Twopper said:

They should pick a place with a lower cost of living than LV, not a higher one.  One place that comes to mind is Brandon, MS where the wannabe polygamous McGee family resides (thanks to whoever suggested I watch that wretched show which follows this one). 

Hee heee!  :::::Waves:::::    Isn't it a glorious train wreck?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Kyanight said:

"Who is Gabe?", Kody asked.  The producers reminded him that he is a son from one of his other wives - obviously not Robyn.  "OH! Well only Robyn's kids count, so he's just going to have to buck up".  

I wonder why there wasn't some way that Kody could have taken all four wives at once.  They have LOTS of older kids and even married kids to watch the little ones.  (Tony looked ginormous, as usual.)  I guess that would make too much sense to have all of the wives weigh in at once.

And one home?  It's a killer.  Absolute hell on earth. Trust me on that one. But the good news is that Meri will finally leave and go to her B&B and live.

OH - and did anyone else notice the timing when Christine shut down to everyone?  It was when ROBYN came into the family and became the ONLY wife.  Right after Truely was born.

I like that he is taking trips with them individually so they can talk and give their opinions without the pressures of the other wives.  I don't understand why everyone hates on Robin so much.  I don't see her getting treated any differently than the other wives.  

3 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

The awkwardness between Kody and Meri actually made me feel sick. She giggled like a girl and Kody doesn’t even notice. 

So, it appears that Kody only refers to Meri when they are doing the tv show.  I suppose that he keeps thinking she'll leave on her own.  He makes no bones about it. (Why does that term keep coming up in my descriptions of those two? lol )  Anyway, I suppose that going through the process of getting unsealed( Morman cancelling of the union of their spiritual marriage)  from her would be too much trouble.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I wonder why there wasn't some way that Kody could have taken all four wives at once.  They have LOTS of older kids and even married kids to watch the little ones.  (Tony looked ginormous, as usual.)  I guess that would make too much sense to have all of the wives weigh in at once.

That was actually the smartest thing he did - was taking them individually.  Otherwise it'd be mass chaos as they went to each house and each plot of land with what each one hated about each location.  The move would have been dead in the water on the trip back home.  I don't think he enjoys hanging out with them as a group at all (which I kinda don't blame him)

13 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Robyn is such a bad liar. Way to use your kids to try to convince Meri to move. Do you think that Meri even got a trip alone with Kody to Flagstaff, ARIZONA? 

Per the clip from the upcoming episode, Meri does get her own trip with him. 

So which kid stayed behind? Cause I thought it was Gabe and then seeing him I said "nope, not him, I've never seen this kid EVER!"   Did one of the boys graduate before they moved? He's kind of a bigger guy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

tAny 70's gals here who owned the Chrissy doll?  You pushed her belly button and you could make her hair longer or shorter from an opening at the top of her head?  That's what Kody's hair reminds me of - with it shaved at the sides, it looks like his mangy hair is oozing out of a hole at the top of his stupid head.  He looks utterly ridiculous.

I suppose when Christine watched the episode back months later and found out that Kody was delayed in getting to the hospital to be there for Truely's birth because he and Robyn were super busy trying to sneak away from the cameras so they could kiss (which, I believe, none of the other wives did with Kody pre-marriage) she rightfully fell apart.  Who remembers Christine having to exit a couch interview when she found out that Kody had gone wedding dress shopping with Robyn, something he also never did with any of his other wives?  And then there was the episode where Christine did some cross-stitch project or something similar and simperingly presented it to Robyn as Christine's "apology" for not being especially nice to Robyn.  That entire story arc made me furious - although Christine, in being the third wife, likely also thought that she was the last wife.  So twisted, every bit of it.

I fell asleep during the Sudge/Pudge fam'ly gathering for her lame announcement.  Bummed that I missed FT in a tank top (blerg).  

I think you got your facts mixed up. Truely's illness happened after they were already living in the culdesac in Vegas and Robin and Kody were already married. Also I don't think they avoided kissing before they were married.  I think this family has a long standing policy of no PDA in sight of others. They do this in deference to the feelings of each other.  

* The conversation between Meri and Christine: Half-open, half fakey-fake. Meri and her "safe" space: not wanting to accept honest criticism is what's going to keep her "on the outs". That catfish BS is still lingering in the air like a smelly fish bake no matter how much air freshener Meri uses to cover it up. She will never accept the raw emotions needed in order to acknowledge and heal from, it's not "safe". 

* Meri seriously needs to stop wearing LLNo above-the-elbow-sleeves with those pudgy-wudgy arms of hers. Can she ever find something that fits/complements her? 

* Janelle explaining she has enjoyed hiking and fishing so Flag seems okay to her (when we've heard nothing but complaints about it since she got there). She hasn't seemed to enjoy much of it so far and has instead been hibernating indoors. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Anlogle said:

I think you got your facts mixed up. Truely's illness happened after they were already living in the culdesac in Vegas and Robin and Kody were already married. Also I don't think they avoided kissing before they were married.  I think this family has a long standing policy of no PDA in sight of others. They do this in deference to the feelings of each other.  

When Truely was born, Kody was off on a date with Robyn and they were kissing - and then when he finally made it to the hospital for the birth he kept talking about Robyn.   The wives all mentioned that they do NOT kiss until their wedding day - it might have been a couch session.  They were definitely upset that Kody and Robyn kissed.  You would have to watch that first season.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Twopper said:

The "adults" in this family are a mess.

I like what I have seen of Gabe.  I went to a high-school where there were a lot of military kids whose families transferred into town for a year.  Others stayed 2-5 years.  There were always students who were living with other families to stay and finish their senior year.  I don't recall students doing that for the last two years, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few.  Gabe is on  a team, and I would think if he is going to be the team captain his senior year, he is very popular.  He could have stayed with a family during the academic year and commuted to Flagstaff for holidays and part of the summer.   I guess the original thought was he would stay with Maddie and Caleb, but I now know they are in NC.  Are Mykelti and Taco Man still in the LV area?  If so, he could have stayed with them. 

I still cannot stand Kody;  actually I am disliking him more and more;  his messy hair reflects his messed up thought process.  Or maybe he just goes with his emotions as there is nothing logical about choosing to more to Flagstaff (which someone referred to as FLAG which makes me think of Scientology)  Moving to a more expensive housing market makes no sense whatsoever unless they are much better off financially than this show hints at.   They should pick a place with a lower cost of living than LV, not a higher one.  One place that comes to mind is Brandon, MS where the wannabe polygamous McGee family resides (thanks to whoever suggested I watch that wretched show which follows this one).  I am sure it would be cheaper.  Maybe we should place bets on how long they can last in Flagstaff.  They were in Wyoming before.  Surely there are decent places to live there that are less expensive.

The Browns remind me of a family of grifters I once knew.  When I was in high school there was a house in our neighborhood that was always rented to a military family.  One year the military family moved out early, and the landlord got new tenants.  The family had a daughter in my grade.  I knew her only slightly as she seemed to have different interests.  I think they lived there about 3-4 months then suddenly overnight they were gone.    Anyway, it turned out they never stayed in one place very long.  The landlord was upset with himself for renting to them; I think they left the place somewhat trashed as well.   I had forgotten about them until Kody came along.

I had all sorts of issues with time lines as I thought Marian and her partner (name I cannot recall) were already living in Chicago not somewhere near LV.   I was unimpressed with the Kody-Meri conversation as Kody surely knew that with Mariah gone, Meri would have had several free bedrooms.  I don't see Meri patrolling the hall to make sure they don't sneak into the same bedroom at night.  So they are moving to Chicago and have a relatively cheap 2 bedroom apartment so the Browns can come visit.  I noted Janelle was quick to imply she would stay in a hotel and not with them.  Actually, I would expect Janelle to stay elsewhere since Mariah is not her child.

Speaking of conversations,  I could have done with out the Meri-Christine "heart-to-heart."   If Christine thinks Meri is bringing baggage into her house she needs to state exactly what the baggage is that bugs her.  I thought it was still the catfish stuff.   I am sure Christine hated that as it shows Meri willing to ditch the polygamous lifestyle that Christine things is God's gift to the world.  Clearly it isn't for Meri.  Janelle seems to have checked out eons ago, and I wish TLC would change the intro to the show and change Janelle's comment to reflect how hard she thought the first 10-20 years are in that type of relationship.  I guess if you are the convert to that religion, you are less likely to admit it isn't all that great, but she certainly seems to have.  

I think that this season was shot a couple of years ago so they might be there now but at the time of filming they were actually living in Utah. Kody or someone said it in a recent episode.  Also, Maddi and her family just moved into their own home near the culdesac in Vegas during the time they were filming. One of the episodes centered around them moving into the house.

2 hours ago, Chalby said:

This family is so selfish. This kid has had his entire life dictated by the whims of his attention-challenged father, yet he is receiving grief for wanting to stay in Vegas for two more years. We all know he would have a handful of places to stay, and in measuring the pros and cons, it is in his best interest to stay in Nevada. What is wrong with these people. How can a mother be so selfish over two years, when she had no problem being a working mom for ten years? I think being a mom is important and both working and stay-at-home moms do amazing jobs. If she has truly been a good mom, it will show when she allows him these two years. What is she so afraid of?

I really think there is some other reason that this family needs to get out of Vegas all of sudden and we aren't being told.   

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm so glad Christine referenced that prior convo between her and Meri, when Christine was the one on the outs with Kodoof and she went to Meri for advice...with Meri's advice basically being, "suck it up, buttercup."  I remember thinking, whoa - heartless there, Mere.  Now Christine hears the sweet song of Karma singingk Meri's name, and while she may have been apologetic to Meri (for telling the truth that when Meri walks into a room, her 1,000 pounds of baggage and self-tanner precede her), the fact that she stated outright - "yup, Meri.  You are On. The. Outside. Looking.  In" must have been so, so sweet.  The fact that she managed to do it with nary a smile nor smirk was even better.  Christine does the "false concern" face better than Robyn, and that's saying something.

I really think that previous talk did serve to wake Meri up. Her demeanor has finally changed for the better. Meri did walk around with a black cloud over her head for a very long time.  She was so unhappy and I can tell you from experience it is hard to be around someone who is so sad and fragile all the time.  No one wants to be around some that they feel the need to walk on egg shells around. I am glad Meri if finally coming around and is happier now. I think Meri was on the outside looking in for a long time there and now she is stepping back inside again.  It has always been her that put herself on the outside not anyone else.

2 hours ago, Chalby said:

This family is so selfish. This kid has had his entire life dictated by the whims of his attention-challenged father, yet he is receiving grief for wanting to stay in Vegas for two more years. We all know he would have a handful of places to stay, and in measuring the pros and cons, it is in his best interest to stay in Nevada. What is wrong with these people. How can a mother be so selfish over two years, when she had no problem being a working mom for ten years? I think being a mom is important and both working and stay-at-home moms do amazing jobs. If she has truly been a good mom, it will show when she allows him these two years. What is she so afraid of?

And during Kody’s TED Talk (thanks to the poster who coined that!), she looked genuinely angry and ready to fight for her kids. What changed? I suppose Kody’s pouting and Manson glares are like water dripping on a stone. 

I might not even be quite this pissed off if Kody hadn’t  mentioned they were going to be getting less house for a lot more money in Flagstaff. Scale down, idiots. Your nests are emptying anyway.  It seems pretty clear they’re leaving Las Vegas one step ahead of the shoeshine. Irresponsible oaf. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

I wonder if Cody ever listens to himself. He is constantly contradicting himself - even in the same sentence. I started to count them last night, but there were too many and, I don't really care. 

It seems the Brown family are in financial trouble every time they turn around. Kody is clearly financially irresponsible, but in trying to recall past storylines, it dawned on me that I have never known him to have a job. Has Kody ever worked, or has he always been state dependent, or scheme dependent? He demands the right to raise his family the way his religion dictates, yet he relies on outsiders to financially support his family? Am I wrong?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Kody also alluded to what they had in the past being “over.” (Maybe that was in the commercial for next week.) He yammered about their needing to figure out how to be in the future. This, coupled with his bitching about not knowing sometimes why they bother with polygamy because it’s so complicated, is making me nuts. Is it your religious calling or not, you ridiculous man?

if they made a troll doll of Manson, it would look like Kody. 

• Love 7

I do love the couch sessions.

(paraphrasing here)

Kody: I'm just concerned because Audrey is the first person Mariah has ever dated. 

Meri: You are the first person I ever dated. 

Christine: You are the first person I ever dated.

Kody (looking perplexed):  Ok, then, I don't know what I'm talking about! 

You can't make this stuff up and I applaud the editors for not cutting that scene. They must hate Kody.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

(paraphrasing here)

Kody: I'm just concerned because Audrey is the first person Mariah has ever dated. 

You can't make this stuff up and I applaud the editors for not cutting that scene. They must hate Kody.

...while Janelle stared off into space and willed herself to dissolve into the couch cushion and Robyn started wiping her eye-boogers because that dastardly other man stole her cookies before Kody could get 'em.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

(paraphrasing here)

OOOO oooOOOOoo - another favorite couch scene!

Meri:  “St. Patrick’s Day in Chicago is a big thing, The river is all green, and you basically drink for 24 hours."

Kody:  (paraphrasing here) "Don't they get really dehydrated?"

Producer:  "Seriously?  That's what you got from that?"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, Anlogle said:

I really think there is some other reason that this family needs to get out of Vegas all of sudden and we aren't being told.   

I think we have been told - Kody doesn't want to live there and at last 1 of the other wives doesn't want their kids growing up there either.  The part we aren't being told about is that they need to sell their houses because of the payments going up (i fully believe that) so Kody is thinking of it as the perfect time to get outta dodge. 

33 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

And during Kody’s TED Talk (thanks to the poster who coined that!), she looked genuinely angry and ready to fight for her kids. What changed? I suppose Kody’s pouting and Manson glares are like water dripping on a stone. 

She probably realized she was on the losing end of the battle. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

I think we have been told - Kody doesn't want to live there and at last 1 of the other wives doesn't want their kids growing up there either.  The part we aren't being told about is that they need to sell their houses because of the payments going up (i fully believe that) so Kody is thinking of it as the perfect time to get outta dodge. 

She probably realized she was on the losing end of the battle. 

When they were talking about it not being as safe as it once was, they're right. It's not just crime, it's the vibe. Accidentally cut someone off or not pay attention in a parking lot, you worry the person has a gun or an anger problem. I've even seen old people going at each other over a parking space by Sprouts. The vibe is hostile, impatient. 

I wouldn't want to retire there nor would I ever want kids growing up there. I can't figure out what people see in living there long term and why people are still pouring in. It's becoming a crowded cesspool of anger. 

• Useful 6
57 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I might not even be quite this pissed off if Kody hadn’t  mentioned they were going to be getting less house for a lot more money in Flagstaff. Scale down, idiots. Your nests are emptying anyway.  It seems pretty clear they’re leaving Las Vegas one step ahead of the shoeshine. Irresponsible oaf. 

That is what I thought.  They don't need the huge houses anymore but I think they keep thinking about needing space for family get togethers as Kody made the comment that they needed a living room their whole family could fit in.  I say take smaller homes as their households are rapidly shrinking and rent space for family get togethers.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't think so. They all choose this kind of marriage. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Robyn is such a bad liar. Way to use your kids to try to convince Meri to move.

Wasn't it all about Robyn's kids that supposedly prompted Meri to offer to divorce Kody so he could legally marry Robyn and adopt her kids? I think either they thought that excuse worked once before, it's bound to work again, or it was a "drama" decision on the part of the production team.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

It seems the Brown family are in financial trouble every time they turn around. Kody is clearly financially irresponsible, but in trying to recall past storylines, it dawned on me that I have never known him to have a job. Has Kody ever worked, or has he always been state dependent, or scheme dependent? He demands the right to raise his family the way his religion dictates, yet he relies on outsiders to financially support his family? Am I wrong?

They are a very large family and they have lots of college and lots of weddings to pay for.  

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

...while Janelle stared off into space and willed herself to dissolve into the couch cushion and Robyn started wiping her eye-boogers because that dastardly other man stole her cookies before Kody could get 'em.

Love "stole her cookies."  Poor baby.

That hair-flipping and eye-booger thing she does irritate the hell out of me.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Gingi1976 said:

I was VERY impressed with Gabe in his talking head. Articulate, logical and thoughtful. He’s a smart kid and I feel bad for him.

I feel bad for him too. For having a checked out mother and an asshole father who has to hog every last bit of attention in the room. And worst of all, he looks just like him.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

When they were talking about it not being as safe as it once was, they're right. It's not just crime, it's the vibe. Accidentally cut someone off or not pay attention in a parking lot, you worry the person has a gun or an anger problem. I've even seen old people going at each other over a parking space by Sprouts. The vibe is hostile, impatient. 

I wouldn't want to retire there nor would I ever want kids growing up there. I can't figure out what people see in living there long term and why people are still pouring in. It's becoming a crowded cesspool of anger. 

When they talked about last night I was kinda like "OH, ok. totally didn't think of how it would be to live there after that happened"   Now I'm not sure if that was actually a main reason for them or a convenient excuse for their storyline but for a normal family it would make sense. 

• Love 1