Type keyword(s) to search

[Not A Bug] Duplicate gold lines

palmaire

I believe this is intentional/correct if the link you used were to a specific post. So the yellow line on the post in question indicates "this is the post the link was trying to bring you to", but there's still the standard yellow line indicating "this is the first unread post for you in this topic". In the latter case denoting "this is where you left off".

I've seen this before as well, and only in threads that I follow and receive notifications.

From my observations, this mainly happens if:

1. the first of the two posts is one I made
  2. someone reacted to it, triggering the notification
  3. the posts after are new, also triggering a notification
  4. I click through to my post via the notification.

Something similar happens if

1. someone adds a post to a thread, triggering a notification
  2. I do not visit that thread
  3. I log off
  4. More posts are added to thread while I am offline, creating a new notification chain
  5. I return
  6. I visit the thread via the first/older notification.
15 hours ago, theatremouse said:

So the yellow line on the post in question indicates "this is the post the link was trying to bring you to", but there's still the standard yellow line indicating "this is the first unread post for you in this topic".

Ah, that seems like a likely explanation considering that I'm usually following a notification link to a specific post.

@SilverStormm, I'll add a link the next time I see it. Thanks for the response.

EDIT:

Two gold lines

One is walnutqueen's comment, which is the link I followed and which is the actual first unread. The other by Jeeves is below that.

After I refreshed the page, the gold line at walnutqueen's post disappeared.

Edited by palmaire