Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
starri

Dating Around

I was confused by Gurkhi’s ending. Were they indicating that she chose no one?  The guy who harangued her about her marriage was an ass. 

• Like 2

She apparently did elect not to keep trying to make a love connection with anyone, although she's apparently interacting with everyone except Justin on social media.

Lex and Cory didn't last.

Leonard and Dianna may have.

I’m bothered by the fact that the “star” of each episode has to wear the exact same outfit for 5 different dates... let’s hope there’s laundry time between dates! 

• Like 4

On 2/24/2019 at 5:29 AM, starri said:

She apparently did elect not to keep trying to make a love connection with anyone, although she's apparently interacting with everyone except Justin on social media.

Lex and Cory didn't last.

Leonard and Dianna may have.

Spoiler

No one from the show lasted in a romantic relationship.

5 hours ago, EverettO said:

I’m bothered by the fact that the “star” of each episode has to wear the exact same outfit for 5 different dates... let’s hope there’s laundry time between dates! 

The creator was on The Ringer’s Bachelor Party podcast and mentioned they did that so there would be some continuity and not be as jarring when they were flipping between dates and that the show paid for the dry cleaning.

I only watched the first ep and was turned off because I thought The Guy was as a douche and most of the women not that interesting. But after listening to him on the podcast and Juliet Litman loving it I will probably watch the other episodes.

He said they hadn’t heard about season 2 but that Netflix was really happy and that he wanted to switch locations including maybe international locations and mentioned Tokyo, London, and Madrid was possibilities.

Edited by biakbiak

I've only seen the Gurki ep. Justin. Yikes. Such an entitled douche. Who loudly berates a first date about their life choices? He actually thinks he represents New Yorkers 🙄 but we eat guys like this for breakfast. Manny was a sweetheart but Gurki wasn't into it. Gurki and Jay seemed to have nice chemistry.

Edited by numbnut
  • Like 3

It was hard to get through the first episode because one of the dates kept purposely smacking her lips while eating because she said "it makes the food taste better". No, you eejit, it makes you look like you didn't learn any manners. So gross.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, AnnaBaptist said:

It was hard to get through the first episode because one of the dates kept purposely smacking her lips while eating because she said "it makes the food taste better". No, you eejit, it makes you look like you didn't learn any manners. So gross.

She was bizarre. I think she was going for earthy and quirky but it backfired on her. And her lips, omg!  Full of fillers. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, AnnaBaptist said:

I finally watched the rest of the eps, and she definitely was a (bad) highlight. I think she defensively points out her flaws ("I want to be fat") before her dates beat her to it. Another dude (the one with the curly mustache) was eating like he hadn't had a meal in a week.

• Like 1

I was of two minds about the white female main dater. She seems like a good person and I was hopeful for her while I wouldn't date her in a million years. She just pushes a lot buttons for me. Mainly, I would be on constant eggshells not sure if I'm going to step on a joke or phrase that will trigger her. It's not that I'm out here making offensive jokes or what not but she just hits me as the type that has a ton of no no's and that would get tired after a while.

Like I get the hate towards women and being told to relax. But, I was literally thinking the way the guy was in the moment. I think he was trying to get her to reel back from a silly joke. Not belittle her or whatever. But, that was also all it took to just torpedo everything. We just wouldn't mix.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 12:22 PM, Racj82 said:

I was of two minds about the white female main dater. She seems like a good person and I was hopeful for her while I wouldn't date her in a million years. She just pushes a lot buttons for me. Mainly, I would be on constant eggshells not sure if I'm going to step on a joke or phrase that will trigger her. It's not that I'm out here making offensive jokes or what not but she just hits me as the type that has a ton of no no's and that would get tired after a while.

Like I get the hate towards women and being told to relax. But, I was literally thinking the way the guy was in the moment. I think he was trying to get her to reel back from a silly joke. Not belittle her or whatever. But, that was also all it took to just torpedo everything. We just wouldn't mix.

She was a lot to deal with.  Manic pixie fairy girl.    90% of the people were so annoying and seemed to fit all these stereotypes.  My favorite episode was with Lenny.   They all seemed more real.   

On 3/7/2019 at 10:05 PM, roseslg said:

She was a lot to deal with.  Manic pixie fairy girl.    90% of the people were so annoying and seemed to fit all these stereotypes.  My favorite episode was with Lenny.   They all seemed more real.   

Perhaps it is because I am closer in age to Leonard than to the others, but I liked his episode the most. Leonard and I are at the age where we have seen it all and have zero tolerance for b.s. We like to keep it honest and don't get easily offended if someone thinks it is not working out and wishes to call it a night. I really felt his pain when the date who kept checking her phone (Eileen?) was clearly not a match, yet she couldn't take the hint and was a bit fragile and thin-skinned. I don't blame Leonard one bit when he said, "I hate this shit," after her date, I enjoyed his straightforward conversation.

Because of this viewpoint, I liked Lex's episode the least. I thought everyone was trying too hard to say the "right" thing; snappy comments seemed to be more important than getting to know one another. It just seemed very contrived and not enjoyable.