Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E08: Week 8 - Hometown Dates

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Will some dad ever be like "I mean, I support your relationship, but its not up to me if she marries you, its up to her. She isnt a tractor your borrowing for the weekend." Or something. I mean, I get why they dont wanna say that on TV (step dad John looked kinda confused!) but what?

This.

Just clicked over.  Not a regular Bachelor viewer,. Does the Bachelor normally tell each of the finalists that he is in love with them????  How can he live with himself?

• Love 6

Tayshia's dad is not here to mess around! I love him.

Just now, Thumper said:

Just clicked over.  Not a regular Bachelor viewer,. Does the Bachelor normally tell each of the finalists that he is in love with them????  How can he live with himself?

Usually thats how it goes. The same on Batchelorette, they tell the contestants that either they love them, or is "falling in love with them" or some variation. 

• Love 3

God bless her dad for not sticking with the script. But seriously , he’s dating 4 women. I noticed the dads picked their words very carefully , like “ if things work out and if she is the one you would have the blessing”. I don’t care for her, but i love her dad. A voice of reason in the insanity!! Lol. He will ditch her tonite ( it’s an easy out for Colton cause dad said no) and she will have a boyfriend in a week. Speaking of epic in law visits, any recall lanny from merediths season? Or Bettina’s dad in brads first season?

Omg he capitulated. Ugh. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Tayshia's dad is not here to mess around! I love him.

Usually thats how it goes. The same on Batchelorette, they tell the contestants that either they love them, or is "falling in love with them" or some variation. 

It used to be taboo- i remember on Andy’s season he told Devon he loved her and it was so shocking. Now it’s expected. Boring.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

How can he live with himself?

Easy, he just looks at the six-figure paycheck he cashed from being The Bach.

TPTB got to Tayisha's dad and he caved. Crapola. (Or he stuck to the script they gave him, more likely. Drah-mah and all you know.)

Dad respect: Easy come, easy go. Bye Tayisha's dad. We hardly knew ye.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

My opinion of cute little Hannah went way down.  I thought she had class for not getting involved in the house drama.  Turns out she's dumb as a marshmallow, is really naive, and has to ask her mommy for an opinion on anything.  I hope they don't make her the Bachelorette now.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, nlkm9 said:

Speaking of epic in law visits, any recall lanny from merediths season? Or Bettina’s dad in brads first season?

An old timer like myself.  I'll never forget Lanny, the horse breeder and his bible thumping mom.  Bettina is my all time favorite Bachelorette contestant.  To this day, I maintain that she is the one Brad wanted.  After her father ripped him a new one, I believe he was done with the whole thing.  Which was probably why he let both DeAnna and Jenny go.

I find it interesting that Colton is concerned with where Cassie is in their relationship.  Plus, she is the only one he talks about a life with outside of this. 

• Love 2

Ok, all of the dads tonight are the best members of their respective families. But just 20 seconds into the family Cassie, I think this dad’s “I don’t know Colton but he seems like...a guy” is the best yet! But, jeez, how many good-looking blonde siblings are in this family? I’m going to try my best to count after the commercial break.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Cassie has the best-looking family/siblings of any b-ette. But dad has a black devil-eye stare glare. Ouch.

Maybe that’s how he got such a smoking hot wife and gorgeous spawn—sold his soul to Satan. 

• LOL 1

I admire Cassie for not telling Colton that she is feeling something, when she probably isn't.  I don't blame her father for being concerned, because If she were my daughter I would be concerned too, given that she is only 23 years old. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

All the roses for step-dad John. No rose for sister and her horrendous orange eyeshadow and fake lashes somehow possibly on backwards (thicker and longer on the inside of her eyes). Barely a word to mom, which was odd. Maybe she was out entertaining the 30-member famewhorish extended family or possible rando attendees. Oh, the “coming up” had a crowd cheering Hannah. Is this a new thing—invite everyone you know and then kick them out for 1:1 conversations?

Is *that* what was going on with Caelynn's sister? I couldn't figure it out. Next to her sister, Caelynn looks downright plain rather than her always made up pageanty face. 

IIRC, Luke Pell's hometown also had pretty much everyone he knew. 

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Just once I wish a parent would say: "Sally was such a brat growing up, like she knew everything and did whatever she wanted regardless of what we tried to tell her or teach her. If she gets her ass kicked by marrying this jerkface Colt-ton, then it serves her right. Be careful what you wish for and good luck with that you little snot. Now git off my lawn."

Didn't Jade's dad say something like that to .. was it Ben? The seasons are starting to blend together. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I would be concerned too, given that she is only 23 years old. 

I know, that surprised me. I don't think much about ages on this show, but isn't Colt-ton only 25/26? I think Cassie is F1 and this dad business and not saying "I love you" is to throw us off the track. I'm not spoiled, this is JMHO only.

Who will he send home ... I'd send off Hannah and her umbrella. I'd keep Cassie based on she has the best-looking family and hottest mom.

BTW, I googled "how to eat bread" and that etiquette chick was correct about one small piece at a time. I guess we all (well, some of us) learned something. Except I'd be laughed away from the table if I did that in public!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

BTW, I googled "how to eat bread" and that etiquette chick was correct about one small piece at a time. I guess we all (well, some of us) learned something. Except I'd be laughed away from the table if I did that in public!

And knowing is half the battle!

• LOL 1
59 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Cassie- as Elaine on Seinfeld says “ fake fake fake fake fake” so I’m rooting for Hannah. Lol.

Holy crap!!!!!!! - Not only do I feel the exact same way that you do but I used the exact same Seinfeld joke just now describing Cassie's segment!!!!!!!!   Before I even read your post!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Didn't see that coming.  The looks on Caelyn and Cassie's faces when Colton said "Tayshia" was priceless.  I guess they thought they knew who would be going home.  I have a feeling Colton made a huge mistake. 

• Love 3

Well, Cassie was saved for the drah-matic last rose. I've already forgotten what Caelynn's HT date was like. Two hours is a long time for this show to stay in my memory bank.

I thought Cassie was wearing a wide orange belt but I guess that was a midriff top. WTH!

Okay people, we're getting ready to pick the next B-ette. Pay attention from here forward.

Nice last words to Caelynn, Colt-ton you jackass. He didn't even say anything, including "See ya, don't wanna be ya."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Not totally shocked he cut Caelynn.. they seemed stiff together. When they were doing that carriage ride they couldn’t have looked more uncomfortable.

This season has been a total snooze. I just realized they didn’t even have the dreaded 2 on 1 which is always great for a laugh and some schadenfreude. I guess the ending of the date with Kirpa and Cassie was it?

• Love 7

Colton squatting in the driveway—hurts my knees just looking at him. Good audition for Bachelorette, Caelynn. I was half expecting a fake cry thanks to “Katie and The Monotones,” so was surprised to see actual tears.

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

So, not to be that person, but...WHEN DOES COLTON JUMP THAT FUCKING FENCE!?!

CH promised us it would be NEXT WEEK! He said it's "what we've all been waiting for!"

Then there's some BIG REVEAL! We've been promised that, too. My money is on: COLTON IS NOT A VIRGIN!

• Love 4

Caelynn:  "Whenever I let myself go there....always dumped...I hope there's someone out there for me...my heart is broken..."

The part you didn't see:  "But maybe if I just had one more chance...met some really good guys...I know I could find love."

Like you guys said:  Audition.

Edited by adhoc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

The “ I’m falling in love with you “ to all 4 of the girls sounds ridiculous . He obviously doesn’t mean it but still . They shouldn’t say I love you to any of them until they pick the chosen one .. those words don’t add any suspense or drama since they say it to all of them , it just makes the bachelor / ette seem insincere and like a liar . 

• Love 11

If I were a betting person, I would bet that Colton was offered serious extra money to tell all four women he loved them.

How long do you suppose Caelynn's sister took to pick out just the right top? Not sure what she was auditioning for but ... something.

Cassie standing next to Caelynn: California girl look vs high-maintenance pageant girl look. Did Cassie even have any makeup on?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

On a shallow note, if you want to know what your wife will look like in middle age, look at her mother.  Pick Caelynn. 

Maybe Hanah was a switched baby.

OMG .. I was thinking the exact same thing.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, adhoc said:

If I were a betting person, I would bet that Colton was offered serious extra money to tell all four women he loved them.

Colton did not tell any of the ladies that he loves them.  He told them he was "falling in love" with them.  Big difference.  If memory serves, Ben was the only Bachelor to ever tell two women he loved them. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Ugg, I haven't seen so many people obsessed with a grown ass persons virginity since Brittany Spears. 

And she turned out to be a liar about it so...…..  LOL

Colton gets my cringe vote for the "let's do a cheers and toast to...."  I feel like I'm being trolled.  STOP IT.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2