Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Jal said:

Mari is one of the best singers in the competition.

I don't think so. America also doesn't think so because they didn't vote for her two weeks in a row. I don't think it has anything to do with Adam. Kelly who is beloved by most also lost her "most talented" singer last night also. It has to do with the voting public's taste.  

I personally didn't like any of the three that sung last night so I didn't care who went home. I also don't like most of Maelyn's performances either. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, xfuse said:

I don't think so. America also doesn't think so because they didn't vote for her two weeks in a row. I don't think it has anything to do with Adam. Kelly who is beloved by most also lost her "most talented" singer last night also. It has to do with the voting public's taste.  

I personally didn't like any of the three that sung last night so I didn't care who went home. I also don't like most of Maelyn's performances either. 

America sucks at choosing. They tend to stick with whomever works with their choice of music, in a certain genre, and in a certain box. That's been proven with the outcome of most seasons of The Voice. It would've been interesting to see Mari on a different team (besides Blake's). But I don't see her style of music getting any recognition on the show. Would be lovely on the radio though.

Jej has a great voice but he isn't intelligent in the way that he chooses and arranges music. There's something off about him. I don't know if it's because The Voice has limited him or if he's the one who made the bad decisions.

Maelyn is unique and has so much control over her voice. She rarely hits a bad note, unlike in every single other contestant on the show (besides maybe Shawn). There's a reason she already has some recorded music. Not everyone's cup of tea in terms of genre but it's amazing to watch.

• Love 4

I love Maelyn's voice, but she's no more unique imo than the what 6 male, country singers this season. Or really anyone this season lol. They're all pretty generic. Kim, Mari, and Oliv are probably the most unique but none of them really do anything for me personally.

I think if they're unwilling to shelf Adam, Blake, or both for at least a season, and I don't think there's a chance in hell they would do that, then they need to go to one season a year. The show airing practically back-to-back-to-back has ruined it completely tbh. 

• Love 6

I think they should keep Blake in a role on the show, but not as a coach with his own team. He is apparently a huge draw for viewers, so put him in a role that boosts up everyone/the whole show. Have him do visits to practices and give feedback, or be the way to check in with the contestants about how they're feeling going into the battles/the live shows/whatever.

Agree with the posters who said move Kelly and John to the outside chairs, bring back one of the other coaches who did well/was popular, and bring in Charlie Puth or someone new for the 4th chair.

Whatever they do, they need to get rid of Adam. His brand, his "feud", his off-show life, everything is bringing it down. Have a group of coaches who are competitive, yes, but in a friendly way. Who coach rather than make the show all about them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 5/7/2019 at 10:45 PM, Wandering Snark said:

I think this could be my final go-round with this show, it's just not worth the time invested anymore.

I’m right there with you. In fact, I don’t think I’m even going to watch the rest of this season. I know it’s almost over, but I just don’t care anymore.

I really enjoyed this show when it first started. The blind auditions were a fresh, interesting approach, and the focus really seemed to be on singing, unlike American Idol, which I had abandoned long before due to its emphasis on star packaging.

But the show’s deficiencies have finally worn me down. I’m tired of the nonstop mediocre country singers. I’m tired of superior black singers being voted off because they’re black. I’m tired of precocious teens being voted through because they’re cute.

I think the judges genuinely care about talent and choose their teams based on that, but America is in control, and America seems to vote based on 1) genre, 2) race, and 3) age. Talent appears to have very little to do with the outcome. I read somewhere once that the demographics for this show skew towards older white people (50+) and teens, so that explains much of it.  

I don’t even understand how any contestant is able to generate “fans”. The show eliminates people at such a rapid pace that I can’t remember who’s who from week to week. I would be hard pressed to name 5 people from previous seasons.

As many of you have mentioned, the back-to-back seasons are also a big problem.  I am happy to watch 2 seasons of Survivor every year, but that’s a show that constantly reinvents itself, if only by varied cast dynamics. The Voice is too much the same, season after season. It appears they tried to shake up the formula this time with the live knockouts, but that just made it worse by highlighting the central voting problem.

I have tuned in mostly for the judges— Usher, Alicia, and Miley were fun to watch, and I really like Kelly— but they aren’t enough to pull me in anymore. I’m done.

It was a great concept. Too bad they broke it.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, shantown said:

Whatever they do, they need to get rid of Adam. His brand, his "feud", his off-show life, everything is bringing it down. 

In total agreement.  He actually spoils the show for me, as I find myself waiting for the stupidity he never fails to bring.

Adam Levine's Entire 'Voice' Team Was Eliminated and It's Still Weeks Before the Finale

'The Voice' Fans May Be Punishing LB Crew for Adam Levine's Dramatic Actions Last Year

9f20b7d018b0ba44ad8345750112bc20.jpg

Personally, I think Adam will be offered a judge spot again, but the logic and reasoning of TPTB elude me.  There must be a strong contingent of people somewhere in the viewing audience who find him delightful.   Other than himself finding himself so delightful, I mean.  Unfettered and unexamined ego is never a good look, imo.

0e702f5ba3bd194ba2d4e4862f5214fd.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Want to hear something sad?

I honestly, with a clear conscience, thought The Voice had ENDED last week. Seriously! Says a lot about this season when I can't be bothered to remember when it begins and ends doesn't it?

I'm so over this season I don't even care who (on team Blake) wins...

This show needs a complete refurbishment, from top to bottom. It's halfway over that shark.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, hnygrl said:

This show needs a complete refurbishment, from top to bottom. It's halfway over that shark.

Only halfway? You’re far more generous than I am. 

I’d like to see:

Adam and Blake gone.

Only 1 season per year.

Coaches’ names removed from voting: list the contestants in performance order or alphabetically. People will still vote by coach but maybe that will encourage a little bit more voting for the contestants rather than for the coach.

Ditch the cross-battles and the Comeback Stage.

Ditch the saves and steals.

Start the voting earlier but with shallower cuts. 2 a week seems like it would give us time to get to know the singers without a weekly bloodbath.

Raise the age limit to 16 at least. I’d prefer 18, actually. 

While I’m on a wish list, I’d like to add a sound engineer who can actually mix the sound so tv viewers can hear the singers’ voices over the band, and ban all hand-waving from audience members. JHC that is beyond annoying.

Edited by sharifa70
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

While I’m on a wish list, I’d like to add a sound engineer who can actually mix the sound so tv viewers can hear the singers’ voices over the band ...

Seriously though! That right there would really help.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

If I never hear that Lee Greenwood song again, I’ll be really happy.,

When Carson said, "patriotic anthem," I told my son that if it's God Bless the USA, I would vomit. And then the flag handkerchief around the mic.  Barf. Even Kelly was like, hoo boy.  

Went to bed after hearing Yesterday and Stay.  Maelin made me tear up on both songs (in a good way).

• Love 6
(edited)

No one should ever sing Go Rest High On That Mountain in a competitive singing competition. It will always fail in comparison to Vince Gill. I am not a country music fan, but I love that song and always cringe when someone attempts it. 

As for “God Bless the USA”, “friends” took us to see a racist, horrific laser show set to that song in Georgia 20+ years ago. It was the end of the friendship and hearing the song makes me sick. 

Maelyn is my favorite. And Shawn

Edited by Miss chi chi
  • Love 11
(edited)

Why are most of the “singers” sounding so freakin’ awful as each week goes on? Cheesy song choice aside, Gyth was absolutely terrible tonight, but I had second hand embarrassment for Carter (“Take Me To Church”). WTF was that?!?!

Is it the sound engineers or the people themselves?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 11

I dropped out for a couple weeks... the weeks where they had that weird new competition thing .... I didn't understand it and I couldn't hear the singers on the crappy speakers on my TV.

Anyway, tuned in tonight and I even voted. 

I really liked Maelyn tonight. She reminded me a bit of Sarah Brightman. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

Only halfway? You’re far more generous than I am. 

I’d like to see:

Adam and Blake gone.

Only 1 season per year.

Coaches’ names removed from voting: list the contestants in performance order or alphabetically. People will still vote by coach but maybe that will encourage a little bit more voting for the contestants rather than for the coach.

Ditch the cross-battles and the Comeback Stage.

Ditch the saves and steals.

Start the voting earlier but with shallower cuts. 2 a week seems like it would give us time to get to know the singers without a weekly bloodbath.

Raise the age limit to 16 at least. I’d prefer 18, actually. 

While I’m on a wish list, I’d like to add a sound engineer who can actually mix the sound so tv viewers can hear the singers’ voices over the band, and ban all hand-waving from audience members. JHC that is beyond annoying.

I think they should limit the teams coming out of the blinds - I'd prefer 6 but would take 8.  As you said, get rid of the saves and steals - especially the judges picks/save when they go live.  If they can't get the vote one week are they REALLY going to get it the next?  

34 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Why are most of the “singers” sounding so freakin’ awful as each week goes on? Cheesy song choice aside, Gyth was absolutely terrible tonight. 

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! 

Tonight was terrible!  It was pretty sad when they all had to tell long-haired kid who's name I can't remember that he was REALLY off pitch.  Pretty much said the same thing to Gyth ("wasn't your technically best" or some such way of saying that really sucked.)  Still can't really tell the other men on Blake's team apart.  Kim did herself the most good by actually just singing tonight.  Maelyn and Shawn were both good.

How pathetic is it that this is the semi-final and most of the "performers" are this unmemorable?

• Love 3

Man, you know the performances are bad when the judges actually criticize them instead of the usual, "You made it your own!" BS.  Blake seemed a little annoyed that John and Kelly were (rightfully) critical of some of his singers, so it was telling that even he couldn't sit there with a straight face and say "Take Me to Church" guy was good.

• Love 6

Was I the only one that thought "Rodlyn's" performance of "Yesterday" was amazing?  I'm not a huge Beatles fan (I know...right?), but I thought their version of it was beautiful.

• Love 8

slightly off topic but I once went to a fundraiser with various people performing and one of them had played in Lee Greenwood's band. His entire set was a series of patriotic songs. One or two, ok, but after the 4th in a row even the most patriotic person is ready for something else. I also can't hear God Bless the USA without thinking of SNL. There was some behind the scenes special once where they showed early pitches for sketches. One of them was Lee Greenwood's wife urging him to "write. another. song." They didn't actually turn it into a sketch but sounded good to me. I'll be honest; I just fastforwarded through that guy singing it. I get it--you want votes--but it helps to be less obvious about it (to me).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

How many are being cut tonight? 4? Is there a twitter save?

Four are being cut.  Yes, there's a twitter save.  Three finalists are automatically through.  Two are automatically sent home.   The three in the middle are singing for the twitter save.

Gyth was really pandering for votes.  Pick a song that is patriotic and has God in it.  It worked since people on social media are saying that if you didn't like his performance then you're un-American.  No, I just don't like horrible singing.  Carter was really off and he was the one that I liked on Blake's team.  But not after last night. 

I hope Maelyn and Shawn are voted through.  I also liked Maelyn and Rod's version of Yesterday.  I like Rod but I didn't really like his solo performance.  If I was the judge, his would be the one where I would say that wasn't his best performance.  Gyth was just plain awful.

If it's four country guys in the finals, I'm out.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

If I never hear that Lee Greenwood song again, I’ll be really happy.

When that song first came out I was fresh out of life as an Army kid (dad retired after 24 years) and it definitely stirred my patriotic heartstrings. I still consider myself a patriot, but the kind who acknowledges our faults as a country and wants us to do better. I really, really hate when contestants sing this song on competition shows: it’s desperate pandering. Also: people who call others out as “un-American” for disliking the performance or the song choice aren’t patriots - that’s jingoism disguised as patriotism.

That said, I pretty much fast-forwarded the whole show.

• Love 10

So, there is a real part of me that hopes that the four finalists are all from Team Blake.  It has nothing to do with their voices/performances but it does have everything to do with the changing of the format and sending a message to the producers.  Yep, I am evil like that...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

So, there is a real part of me that hopes that the four finalists are all from Team Blake.  It has nothing to do with their voices/performances but it does have everything to do with the changing of the format and sending a message to the producers.  Yep, I am evil like that...

count me as your evil twin because I've been thinking the same thing. I don't think it will happen due to Maelyn but otherwise it would not surprise me.

• Love 1

Well, I don’t actually hate God Bless the USA but I’m tired of it.  Really tired of it.  I don’t particularly think Gyth was pandering but he was off-key in parts and it didn’t seem to work with his voice. I’m also flat tired of country singers winning this so all my money is on Maelyn.  She’s been consistent since the audition and that voice is fantastic.  Don’t really care about the rest of them.

Yes , yes, yes,  this show needs serious revamping, fresh judges and only one season per year.  

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:49 AM, 30 Helens said:

But the show’s deficiencies have finally worn me down. I’m tired of the nonstop mediocre country singers. I’m tired of superior black singers being voted off because they’re black. I’m tired of precocious teens being voted through because they’re cute.

30 Helens Agree with me! ;)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Kelly looked lovely last night. Her and John’s candid though tactful critiques were a welcome surprise. John also gave very gracious shoutouts to both his team members – I’m sure Adam was squirming in his chair. (I try not to look at him).

I love it when coaches appear joyful about the singers’ performances and evolution over the course of the show. John and Kelly have been extremely demonstrative, and that in turn makes the show a lot more enjoyable. Blake is also extremely supportive of his team, and the Mastercard commercials which showed him surprising and then giving a mentor session to an aspiring singer were pleasant enough.

But Adam stands out even more for his surliness and awkwardness in finding something substantial to say. He just looks like he wants to be anywhere but there, and I wish he was. It was nice to get that cameo of Mari.

I agree with everyone – viewers have been cheated this season of the opportunity to get invested in the singers and competition. But a huge part of that is how the singers have also been robbed, of the mentorship that’s been a hallmark of the show. Aside from the compressed time frame (it feels like they’ve been given less chances to sing) have they been getting as much time with the coaches? Didn’t they use to get more days to work with their coaches and sometimes guest mentors? Plus I don’t think anyone’s been given a chance to break out—I used to enjoy seeing singers have an arc and grow as performers and singers.

I’m ok with a Maelyn or Shane Soundz win. I did get the feels when he dedicated his performance to his class. I felt really bad for Carter, especially since I was looking forward to hearing the Hozier song—one of the few I’m familiar with. It’s a sign of how bad the audio has been that when he first started singing I thought it sounded like everything else on the show-- bad. (And then it got really bad)

Also in the feel-bad pile is Kim Cherry. She’s talented, but that performance was karaoke-level, not helped by the awkward staging. She’s hidden in some oversized tinkertoy structure with random dancers, and it only reinforces a poor comparison with Janet’s original. I was also disappointed with her duet, and I was really hoping to be blown away by her.

Gyth – if he’s crowned, then he’s the winner “America” deserves. He’s definitely got stage presence. Out of the country males, he stood out to non-country me. I’m probably one of the few who’s never heard the song before, but even I could see how vote-pandering it was. Even if he doesn’t sweep the votes, he probably will have a career as a result. The set was pretty nice too. Wish they had a similar restraint for Kim Cherry’s.

20 hours ago, Miss chi chi said:

No one should ever sing Go Rest High On That Mountain in a competitive singing competition. It will always fail in comparison to Vince Gill. I am not a country music fan, but I love that song and always cringe when someone attempts it. 

I completely agree! Vince Gill has the voice of an angel when he sings this song. No one can do it justice!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, dogfish said:

Stone Mountain?

I apologize, I honestly don't remember. It was probably close to 30 years ago. All I remember was the song, a laser show, and shit tons of Confederate flags... It's not the song's fault, but it brings back some "what the....? memories.

So if not for maelynn , Blake would have had all 4 contestants in the finale.  Wow.  I totally can't tell the 2dark haired country singers apart.  I guess we can call Maelynn the winner since they will probably cancel each other out.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Diana Berry said:

So if not for maelynn , Blake would have had all 4 contestants in the finale.  Wow.  I totally can't tell the 2dark haired country singers apart.  I guess we can call Maelynn the winner since they will probably cancel each other out.  

I hope Maelynn wins she's been my favorite from the start. Andrew from Blake's team is shorter than the other men. I'm not shocked he made the top four I thought his solo performance was great last night.

• Love 1

Unfortunately, I think Gyth will be the beneficiary of the other 2 country singers being so similar.   

Noticed that they edited out Adam’s critiques of any of Team Blake  on Monday’s show.  He had nothing but praise for Team Legend.  And during Rod’s critique he managed to slip in his bitter cakes about the new show format vs old format.  Which makes me wonder if he even bothered to critique Team Blake. 

Shawn should have been in the final. His performance beat out the indistinguishable country bros by a mile. John & Kelly can’t even save this show for me at this point. 

They need to to admit the show is to boost the judges’ careers. There wasn’t even any effort this season to let viewers know the performers. I checked out for 4 seasons and tuned in for John & KC. I’m out. 

• Love 8

Not quite. Rod and Shawn beat out 2 members of Team Blake. If not for Maelynn, likely someone else from Teams Kelly or John would have gotten through.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Noticed that they edited out Adam’s critiques of any of Team Blake  on Monday’s show.  He had nothing but praise for Team Legend.  And during Rod’s critique he managed to slip in his bitter cakes about the new show format vs old format.  Which makes me wonder if he even bothered to critique Team Blake. 

The show was live. It's up to TPTB/Carson who gets to talk after the performances.

6 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

Shawn should have been in the final. His performance beat out the indistinguishable country bros by a mile. John & Kelly can’t even save this show for me at this point. 

I wanted to like Shawn tonight. He was great last week. I feel like Bruno Mars songs have been the downfall of many artists on this show. I don't think it was a great strategic choice and to me it wasn't his best vocal.

• Love 7

So when Emily Ann(?) sang her new single I had absolutely no memory of who she was.  NONE.  There have been several contestants over the years I still remember - even ones who didn't win.  It seemed they had a much higher caliber of talent before.  Is the talent pool getting that shallow or are they targeting more teeny boppers and country dudes to audition?

Hey all, I just realized tonight one of the guys is named Dexter!  It's the semi-finals and I'm finally learning the names.  No, uh-uh, all the country guys didn't run together - not even a little bit.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, JeanneH said:

Could someone refresh my memory? I'm vaguely remembering one final where it was 3 guys from 1 team and the 4th guy from another and the 4th guy won?

Three guys from Team Adam against Craig Wayne Boyd from Team Blake and CWB won.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I used to watch this the day of and I have found eps building up and have even deleted some without fully watching - and I definitely ff through most of the filler.

Maelynn was amazing and I hope she wins - but going against the country machine is tough. 

I wish they would revamp the voting. I think it should be that you get 20 votes total and can spread them out so it requires people to pick their favs to really support. I feel like the way that you can give any and every one 10 points compounds the problem and makes the country machine work. It used to be that country artists would split votes but it seems now that they all just get pushed through. I almost wish they were divided by genre instead of coach and the top of each genre gets through to the final (a la World of Dance type thing). No matter what something needs to change and the minimum of that is that is to drop Adam. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Dots And Stripes said:

The show was live. It's up to TPTB/Carson who gets to talk after the performances.

I wanted to like Shawn tonight. He was great last week. I feel like Bruno Mars songs have been the downfall of many artists on this show. I don't think it was a great strategic choice and to me it wasn't his best vocal.

At first, Carson wasn't even going to Adam for feedback.  It was funny.  He would go to Kelly, John, and then Blake since it was his contestant.  He did that for a few contestants before he finally asked for Adam's opinion.  I think it was a non-Blake contestant too.

Shawn should not have been in the IS.  He had one of the better performances on Monday.  It should have been Gyth but we knew that wasn't going to happen.  All three IS artists did better than he did on Monday.  Since Shawn did have to sing, I agree with you.  He shouldn't have chosen a Bruno Mars song.  It's a fun song but it didn't show how good he is vocally.

13 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So when Emily Ann(?) sang her new single I had absolutely no memory of who she was.  NONE.  There have been several contestants over the years I still remember - even ones who didn't win.  It seemed they had a much higher caliber of talent before.  Is the talent pool getting that shallow or are they targeting more teeny boppers and country dudes to audition?

I remember Emily Ann.  She just looks different since she was only a senior in HS when she was on.  She was in the season with Zach and Barrett (gag!!).  The gag was for Barrett.  Jordan won the season they were on.

3 hours ago, slaterain said:

I used to watch this the day of and I have found eps building up and have even deleted some without fully watching - and I definitely ff through most of the filler.

Maelynn was amazing and I hope she wins - but going against the country machine is tough. 

I wish they would revamp the voting. I think it should be that you get 20 votes total and can spread them out so it requires people to pick their favs to really support. I feel like the way that you can give any and every one 10 points compounds the problem and makes the country machine work. It used to be that country artists would split votes but it seems now that they all just get pushed through. I almost wish they were divided by genre instead of coach and the top of each genre gets through to the final (a la World of Dance type thing). No matter what something needs to change and the minimum of that is that is to drop Adam. 

I really hope that Maelynn wins too.  I'm only watching because of her.  I'll most likely FF through the others.

I also agree with the voting.  I've been thinking the same thing.  With other shows, you get so many votes like 20 or 10.  Then you have to decide how you want to split it up between the artists.  The way it is now, a person can vote 10x each for any artist.  Between that and the cross battles, no wonder we had so many Team Blake contestants.  They didn't have to split their votes.

• Love 3

If you read social media, there are people that are really angry at Kelly and John since they told Gyth that it wasn't his best performance.  They expected it from John since they never liked him anyway because of political differences.  But they didn't expect it from Kelly.  So they're repeating the same line that Blake gave which is that both of them were jealous of Blake.  They also said they're not patriotic.  Some of these people would have probably voted for Rod instead of Andrew in the IS.  I'm not positive since they might have voted for Andrew anyway since he's country and Team Blake.  I just know that they're not happy with Kelly right now.

• Love 1
On 5/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, Quickbeam said:

If I never hear that Lee Greenwood song again, I’ll be really happy.

Amen, but only because I feel Gyth butchered it. Is that an unpopular opinion here?

On 5/13/2019 at 10:02 PM, Archery said:

When Carson said, "patriotic anthem," I told my son that if it's God Bless the USA, I would vomit. And then the flag handkerchief around the mic.  Barf. Even Kelly was like, hoo boy.  

Went to bed after hearing Yesterday and Stay.  Maelin made me tear up on both songs (in a good way).

Maelyn was the best hands down. I'm still annoyed the other three are Blake's country guys.

• Love 3
On 5/14/2019 at 12:40 AM, Bridget said:

Why are most of the “singers” sounding so freakin’ awful as each week goes on? Cheesy song choice aside, Gyth was absolutely terrible tonight, but I had second hand embarrassment for Carter (“Take Me To Church”). WTF was that?!?!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! 

Okay, I am going to say something that might upset a few, I'm not sure if we have any Gyth fans here, but I think he mainly made it through based on his looks (ducks).

On 5/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, realdancemom said:

Four are being cut.  Yes, there's a twitter save.  Three finalists are automatically through.  Two are automatically sent home.   The three in the middle are singing for the twitter save.

Gyth was really pandering for votes.  Pick a song that is patriotic and has God in it.  It worked since people on social media are saying that if you didn't like his performance then you're un-American.  No, I just don't like horrible singing.  Carter was really off and he was the one that I liked on Blake's team.  But not after last night. 

I hope Maelyn and Shawn are voted through.  I also liked Maelyn and Rod's version of Yesterday.  I like Rod but I didn't really like his solo performance.  If I was the judge, his would be the one where I would say that wasn't his best performance.  Gyth was just plain awful.

If it's four country guys in the finals, I'm out.

I said the same thing too. If Maelyn hadn't made it through and Carter had, I would have not watched the finals.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, seacliffsal said:

I get your point. I feel these changes only benefited Blake and it wasn't fair.

16 hours ago, Dots And Stripes said:

I don't think Shawn helped his case by picking that particular Bruno Mars song but I still feel Andrew would have  made it through no matter what.

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind someone winning from Blake's team as I feel that he really thought about who to put up against whom.  This is a strategic competition amongst the judges as well as a singing competition.  It was also interesting how he played his save during the crossfire knockout pick your own opponent round.  I think he really considered the strengths of his team members and who to "sacrifice" during the whatever they called it round.  I also liked that he invited Andrew to go on tour with him.  To a degree, most of the judges do care about their team members but it seems to me that Blake really spends time thinking about the show, his team, and their futures.  Sure, the judges tease him quite a bit about being a "country bumpkin," drinker, etc., (to the point that Andrew defended Blake's wisdom last night and Kelly backtracked her comment).  But, he is very smart about the music industry as a whole and specifically about the country market.

• Love 7