Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, Quickbeam said:

I finally got caught up on the blinds. They spent way too much time on failed auditions. I wish they did not allow children to audition. 18 and over would be far more interesting to me. 

Yeah, I thought they should have a Voice Kids like they do in the UK for anyone at least under 16. 

• Love 2

I felt horrible for the young girl whose "opponent" was the trio.  It's hard to go against an "opponent" who can harmonize with itself.  Now, I think she's too young (not just her but all of the younger singers), but the show allows it so there you are.  I also think it was too much to put her against the trio.  I did appreciate that Blake was very supportive of her.

I just don't know why this show would allow a trio like that.  Unfair advantage as they can vocally do more than an individual can in terms of harmonizing, different leads for different parts of the song, etc.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I felt horrible for the young girl whose "opponent" was the trio.  It's hard to go against an "opponent" who can harmonize with itself.  Now, I think she's too young (not just her but all of the younger singers), but the show allows it so there you are.  I also think it was too much to put her against the trio.  I did appreciate that Blake was very supportive of her.

I just don't know why this show would allow a trio like that.  Unfair advantage as they can vocally do more than an individual can in terms of harmonizing, different leads for different parts of the song, etc.

I thought she was better than the trio. Her voice is lovely.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

I thought she was better than the trio. Her voice is lovely.

I thought this was one of the strongest battle rounds I've ever seen. None of the coaches chose songs that favored one contestant over another. I think older contestants are at a bigger disadvantage than younger ones. Teens have won the Voice a forty-year old contestant never has.

• Love 5

I was surprised that no one snapped the young girl up - of course she had nerves her first big battle - but that is something you can work on. Her voice was quite amazing. The trio - while I think they are talented - groups don't tend to do well as the show goes on. And I think if the one sister that got married and moved to Chicago was competing as a solo, she would go much farther in the competition. I actually thought being a trio hurt them during the battle as it wasn't as dynamic - just harmonious. I did love how they worked well to do the song justice without trying to overpower the little girl. I did like the comment of combining some of the battles about the first two guys and think that adding the girl to the trio would have been great too!

• Love 2

I thought having the 14 year old go up against the trio was an odd choice too. I think the reason the trio moved forward was because the kid seemed really nervous and unsure of herself. Her audition was really good, and she definitely has talent, but they probably didn't want another Reagan situation to happen. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ScarletLetter said:

I thought having the 14 year old go up against the trio was an odd choice too. I think the reason the trio moved forward was because the kid seemed really nervous and unsure of herself. Her audition was really good, and she definitely has talent, but they probably didn't want another Reagan situation to happen. 

I did wonder if this battle took place before bathrobe-gate, because I was surprised that Michaela wasn't picked up. Her voice is really something special, and I'm really hoping that this experience doesn't sour her from continuing.

Jej did not disappoint. I thought he was the correct pick for Kelly, and Beth is going with the right coach for her.

The big surprise for me was Domenic? (Ex-track star dude) His voice is also really special. I was hoping he would get stolen before Adam inevitably screws him over.

What the eff is growing on Charlie Puth's upper lip? I liked the story about how he and Adam met.

Rod's voice was also special, but Blake was right to choose Gyth. Rod will stand out more on Adam's team, and Gyth already has that performance polish down. Same with Maelyn, who's giving me the same frontrunner feels as Season something winner Alisan Porter.

I really enjoy seeing them getting to meet and sing for the people that they've idolized as guest coaches. Blake seems to be the one to most consistently bring in household names, at least from the perspective of someone not hoping to get into music as a career.

John Legend is bringing out the best in everyone this season.

• Love 7

I thought this was one of the strongest Battle Round episodes they've had in years.  All of the battles were at least fairly good and the final two battles were superb.  My favorite was Maelyn vs. Savannah.  I thought it was going to be a blowout, but it was actually pretty close and not because Maelyn wasn't great.  She gave what I though was easily the best individual performance of the night.  But Savannah really stepped it up and I can't believe she wasn't stolen.  Then again, if she had been, we wouldn't have gotten her performance on the Comeback Stage, which I truly loved - reminding me a bit of Makenzie's best performances from last season (those weren't fake tears in Bebe Rexa's eyes).  I really hope we see Savannah back on the show. 

The final battle was almost as good.  The only thing that detracted from it a bit for me was that Jej still goes a little too heavy on the runs, with detracted at times from the duet aspect of the performance.

Edited to add that one of the things that may have helped make this such a good episode is that I never got the impression in any of the battles that the two contestants were trying to out shout each other.  They all seemed to be making an effort to perform as a real duet.

Edited by viajero
  • Love 9

I do not have enough negative words in my arsenal to describe my dislike of Adam Levine. 

I find his "humor" to be sophomoric and belittling.  Humor can be laughing with someone, not at them.  Example:  mocking Blake's country accent, making a stereotype of a Southern country accent synonymous with ignorance riles me.  Such banal, bottom of the barrel humor.  All the time.  Try saying something truly witty rather than always taking the cheap obvious shot, Adam.  All imo, of course.

And his "friendship" with Charlie Puth?  Way to pathetically try to make yourself relevant, Adam.

Also amazed that an ego of that size can actually fit into the arena.

Thank you John Legend.  Never have paid much attention to you, I am a fan now simply for the way you make Adam simultaneously cowering, awed and obsequious.  And thank you again for pricking the enormous inflated balloon that is Adam's ego.  Keep it up, EGOT winner.

Also I had forgotten about Adam's public humiliation of one of his team members.  Hate you all over again for that, Adam.

His insistent lack of self awareness is  so grating.  I think he really believes he is the most handsome, talented, beloved, funny, articulate, clever guy around.

Adam, at least in my opinion, you are not.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c9bb86d79454d5441  200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c9bb8da4c39787641

And to end on a more positive note, Kelly, I find you to be a breath of fresh air and very very real.  Plus a hell of a singer.  Revealing my age here, but I would love to see you do an album of American Songbook songs. 

Plus this song moves me to tears every single time.  Talk about singing the song and making the audience feel...

• Love 14

Vast: Thank you honey, we are on the same page...I hate Adam too...swore I wouldn't  watch this season because of what he pulled...but I am.  and Kelly is growing on me...she's a sweet Texas gal. John L. is just THE MELLOW MAN....I am totally IN LOVE. We've got some killer voices this year! 💋

• Love 3

Sure the kid got nervous and blew some early notes- but I feel like when she was dialed in, she blew the trio out of the water. Best battle of the night though was Maelyn vs Savannah- that’s my favorite Adele song, and they both nailed it. I honestly preferred Savannah, so naturally she got sent to the Bebe B-Show.

• Love 1

@vast wasteland, I have not attempted to watch that performance of Kelly's since it originally aired. It made me sob then, just as it does now. So, y'know, thanks for that. I've only been lucky enough to see Kelly live once, about ten years ago, and she was fantastic. I just all-around love her, even on the voice. She's just a genuine person, and I don't think she's ever forgotten where she came from and how lucky she's been to have the career she does.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Is the show going to Mondays only now or is this just a temporary thing?

Tuesday shows start on April 9th according to TV Guide.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 7:15 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Is the show going to Mondays only now or is this just a temporary thing?

I was wondering about that too. At this point, having it only one day, would the show go on longer or would they cut out more things?

On 3/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, Quickbeam said:

OMG that dress on Kelly....it’s just so ugly and not flattering. Ugly stick ugly.

ETA: the sorbet thing. It’s just hideous.

Yes, it was so not flattering. We can always count on Adam for the bad outfits but Kelly is hit or miss and this one was a big giant miss.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:53 PM, seacliffsal said:

I would find anyone would have a disadvantage against the trio but especially so since she was so young. However, I think again they should do a Voice Kids show for contestants like her and not have them on the regular show.

• Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 11:39 PM, Wandering Snark said:

I was really sad to see her go, I mean she played guitar in the blinds too, so talented. *sigh*

She was good, I do agree about that.

On 3/26/2019 at 3:41 AM, Gel said:

Beth vs. Jej was impressive for pure singing ability. Kudos.

That was my favorite pairing.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, ScarletLetter said:

You make a good point about the Reagan situation. I would love for the girl to come back when she is at least 16. She will have some more time to mature and work on her nerves.

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, slaterain said:

I was surprised that no one snapped the young girl up - of course she had nerves her first big battle - but that is something you can work on. Her voice was quite amazing. The trio - while I think they are talented - groups don't tend to do well as the show goes on. And I think if the one sister that got married and moved to Chicago was competing as a solo, she would go much farther in the competition. I actually thought being a trio hurt them during the battle as it wasn't as dynamic - just harmonious. I did love how they worked well to do the song justice without trying to overpower the little girl. I did like the comment of combining some of the battles about the first two guys and think that adding the girl to the trio would have been great too!

Yes I like how on X Factor, they made groups out of combining contestants who tried out. Wish they could have done something like that on the Voice.

On 3/27/2019 at 2:32 AM, viajero said:

I thought this was one of the strongest Battle Round episodes they've had in years.  All of the battles were at least fairly good and the final two battles were superb.  My favorite was Maelyn vs. Savannah.  I thought it was going to be a blowout, but it was actually pretty close and not because Maelyn wasn't great.  She gave what I though was easily the best individual performance of the night.  But Savannah really stepped it up and I can't believe she wasn't stolen.  Then again, if she had been, we wouldn't have gotten her performance on the Comeback Stage, which I truly loved - reminding me a bit of Makenzie's best performances from last season (those weren't fake tears in Bebe Rexa's eyes).  I really hope we see Savannah back on the show. 

The final battle was almost as good.  The only thing that detracted from it a bit for me was that Jej still goes a little too heavy on the runs, with detracted at times from the duet aspect of the performance.

Edited to add that one of the things that may have helped make this such a good episode is that I never got the impression in any of the battles that the two contestants were trying to out shout each other.  They all seemed to be making an effort to perform as a real duet.

I'm glad Savannah made it to the Comeback Stage because she's one of the few so far that deserves to be there. 

• Love 1
On 3/27/2019 at 7:17 PM, atlantaloves said:

Vast: Thank you honey, we are on the same page...I hate Adam too...swore I wouldn't  watch this season because of what he pulled...but I am.  and Kelly is growing on me...she's a sweet Texas gal. John L. is just THE MELLOW MAN....I am totally IN LOVE. We've got some killer voices this year! 💋

John is a great addition to the Voice and I have been enjoying Kelly. She's so fun to watch.

• Love 1

I also thought this was one of the best battle round shows they had.  Felt bad for Michaela.  She's a kid that had to go against three adults.  She was nervous but her voice is special.  I can see why the trio moved forward but there was a point where they did feel like background singers to Michaela.

Loved the Maelyn/Savannah battle.  Maelyn has the voice of an angel but Savannah was the one that surprised me.  Surprised she wasn't stolen.  Glad she made it to the Comeback Stage.

Domenic has the whole package.  He's cool and has a unique voice/presence.

Also liked Jej and Beth's battle.  What was nice about this battle and the first one is that they are talented singers but they didn't yell at each other.  I hate when the battles are like screaming matches.

• Love 3

Finally got caught up. I liked the last kid (Jackson Marlowe, red’s nephew) in the blinds. I really liked his voice (i’m A sucker for George Strait too). And seriously I thought I was going to cry in laughter when John said Kelly had finally found her Prince Charming. And Kelly says Prince Charming? You’re a little young and I’m married (and the kid just shrugs his shoulders in an adorable way) and she goes on this excited spiel about so happy to have him on her team. I thought it was sweet he told her she was his first pick.

Gyth is definitely my favorite in the competition. His blind audition was fantastic. I’m glad he won his battle round. Rod really brought it (as did Gyth), so happy to see Gyth continue on Blake’s team.  

I hated to see Trey go. I thought he knocked it out of the park. 

Can’t wait to see what Kim Cherry does next. Her blind was a breath of fresh air. Very original. 

• Love 2

I thought this week's battles weren't as good as last week. I was glad that Blake stole Karly I thought she was better than Celia. I liked the battle between Kim and Kendra, I don't understand Adam's strategy. He drops Karly and Sierra and steals Kendra? I don't think she'll last with Adam. I loved Kim's enthusiasm when Kendra was stolen.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

They all wear the same outfits for each round.  That way, the show can air the performances in whatever order they want.

I know. It's still a fashion crime. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Adam Levine, in an example of his helpful, thoughtful guidance and coaching specificity:

Lovely.  You guys both have such rad voices and they couldn't be more different.  I think the contrast of your style musically lends itself to the back and forth.  But you guys should sing the same amount.  You should also sing the parts that best suit you both.  For you Carlie, I would kind of ramp it up a little bit.  Celia, for you, I would say it's kind of the opposite thing.  Just your sheer power is so big that like save some.  Try to match up more with your partner.

Maybe in the music world these sentences have deep and useful information and can be interpreted by singers.  But, "You both should sing the same amount"?  Number of words?  Volume?  Key?  

Or could be just me being colored by my disdain for Adam.  Possibly.  Probably.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 3/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Also I've heard that song done a bunch of times and while it's a cool song I have no idea what "I'm a devil with a kickstand." means.

Kudos to Wandering Snark - you have officially given me my laugh for the day!

I stopped watching The Voice shortly after Idol started because I’m a longtime Idol fan and I realized that I was spending way too much time watching singing shows. Idol is now at Top 20 and although I love a bunch of the guys I can’t find a single remaining girl that I like. So I’m back to watching both. I’m grateful to this site so I can catch up a bit on what’s been happening. I’m glad that two of my favorite females, Maelin and Kayslin (sp?), have made it through. And I know I liked others including many of the guys but I’ve forgotten their names.  I’m sorry it’s not on tonight - guess I’ll have to wait until next week, unless I can get some of the episodes I missed On Demand. 

• Love 1

I'm really sad that Rizzi went home - her audition was one of my favorites from the blinds. Bummed that Jon didn't steal her. 

Glad that Kim Cherry made it through. I hope she gets to rap again, you never really get to see that style on shows like this. 

• Love 4
On 4/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, kathyk24 said:

I thought this week's battles weren't as good as last week. I was glad that Blake stole Karly I thought she was better than Celia. I liked the battle between Kim and Kendra, I don't understand Adam's strategy. He drops Karly and Sierra and steals Kendra? I don't think she'll last with Adam. I loved Kim's enthusiasm when Kendra was stolen.

I liked Karly better that Celia and I didn't like Ciera. Was she the Comeback pick? I was surprised she was picked for that.  I liked Kim's enthusiasm too when Kendra was stolen and she really genuinely liked Kendra. It was so sweet. 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:59 AM, Meowwww said:

Adam has gone from slightly amusing in the first few seasons to downright mean.  

And Charlie Puth is a cutie.  

Charlie Puth is cute. 

On 4/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone know what that, "In two weeks, a twist no one will see coming," promo is about? Or have any spec?

I was wondering about that too. Is it a change in the Knockout rounds?

On 4/2/2019 at 10:28 AM, Quickbeam said:

I know. It's still a fashion crime. 

If they have to show them wearing the same outfits for a few episodes, it would be better if they were ones we could stand to watch. 

• Love 2
On 4/2/2019 at 11:52 AM, vast wasteland said:

Adam Levine, in an example of his helpful, thoughtful guidance and coaching specificity:

Maybe in the music world these sentences have deep and useful information and can be interpreted by singers.  But, "You both should sing the same amount"?  Number of words?  Volume?  Key?  

Or could be just me being colored by my disdain for Adam.  Possibly.  Probably.

I didn't get that whole thing either. It was a bunch of vague BS, it sounded like to me.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, Booklady1017 said:

I liked Karly better that Celia and I didn't like Ciera. Was she the Comeback pick? I was surprised she was picked for that.  I liked Kim's enthusiasm too when Kendra was stolen and she really genuinely liked Kendra. It was so sweet. 

I was wondering about that too. Is it a change in the Knockout rounds?

I really liked Ciera's blind audition and her Comeback stage performance.  She has a rasp to her voice that reminds me a bit of Chloe Kohanski.  The problem was that the song Adam gave them for this battle was much more suited to LB than to her.  I also liked both Celia and Kendra, so I'm glad they were stolen.

According to hints dropped on The Voice App and elsewhere, the change in the next round seems to be the following:

Spoiler

The Knockout Round is being replaced by something called the Cross-Battles, during which contestants from different teams will battle each other and viewers will be allowed to vote on the winner.  In effect, it sounds like the Live Shows are beginning a round earlier this season.  Not sure if they will have saves or steals. 

I'm not sure I like the idea.  The knockout rounds have traditionally given us some of the best performances as contestants are allowed to choose songs that highlight their strengths.  On the positive side, this does mean contestants won't be penalized for being on particularly strong teams.

Edited by viajero
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2019 at 7:48 AM, viajero said:

I really liked Ciera's blind audition and her Comeback stage performance.  She has a rasp to her voice that reminds me a bit of Chloe Kohanski.  The problem was that the song Adam gave them for this battle was much more suited to LB than to her.  I also liked both Celia and Kendra, so I'm glad they were stolen.

According to hints dropped on The Voice App and elsewhere, the change in the next round seems to be the following:

Hide contents

The Knockout Round is being replaced by something called the Cross-Battles, during which contestants from different teams will battle each other and viewers will be allowed to vote on the winner.  In effect, it sounds like the Live Shows are beginning a round earlier this season.  Not sure if they will have saves or steals. 

I'm not sure I like the idea.  The knockout rounds have traditionally given us some of the best performances as contestants are allowed to choose songs that highlight their strengths.  On the positive side, this does mean contestants won't be penalized for being on particularly strong teams.

That's probably why I don't like Ciera. I'm not into raspy sounding singers.  Thank you though for sharing the scoop about the change in the Knockout round.  Without giving away what you said, I think it could be interesting because I found the show got a little stale, so having something different may draw viewers in. I'm curious to see how it would play out.

• Love 3
(edited)

Three basically random observations from Monday's battles having nothing to do with singing *grins*:

I don't know why they styled everyone so casually in this round, it was odd I thought. Maybe as if they let Adam control the styling? I just really don't know what to make of that one shoulder attached overall with the odd red beanie hat they put on Anthony. Add in the glasses we'd never seen him in and It was like Devo meets the Pet Shop Boys.

Kelly in her consultation at one point had a bright yellow tongue, I guess she had a lemon lozenge of some sort maybe? Odd.

If you are going to have a mohawk, Lisa, get some control over it because having it constantly tilting to one side or the other looks stupid. I don't expect you to punk it out with spikes and super glue but it the kind of thing that needs to be precise or it looks especially stupid. Oh and I also hate the way she bends down constantly....

Edited by Wandering Snark
A third thing...
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I don't know why they styled everyone so casually in this round, it was odd I thought. Maybe as if they let Adam control the styling? I just really don't know what to make of that one shoulder attached overall with the odd red beanie hat they put on Anthony. Add in the glasses we'd never seen him in and It was like Devo meets the Pet Shop Boys.

Lol. I thought Where's Waldo?

I am so happy that Butter melting in the Microwave voice was saved. That duet was truly lovely, and his voice was indeed like buttah. Does the audience really shout "Steal Steal Steal all the time?"

Wow, Red Marlowe's nephew was dumped! Although the heads up was that they didn't mention Red during the package. Or if they did, I missed it.

Not gonna lie, I liked that commercial featuring past Voice contestants, including Kirk Jay! And future contestants too, with Alisan Porter's kids. So cute!

A lot of the battles were really well-done tonight, and I enjoyed the guest judges giving useful comments. Khalid seemed to get a lot of THs, which I'm not mad at. He gave really good comments.

The packages are useful in helping me tell contestants apart, so it was funny when multi chair turn blonde guy and one chair turn guy realized that they were both kids of cops and worked in restaurants. I thoughtthey were going to sing "Don't Stand So Close to Me," lol! Right choice there, and so sweet of Blake to say what he did about the voice cracking.

Really happy with Guy Whose Dad was Murdered by Mom's Boyfriend. I actually thought he had won that round, but now he's with John Legend, so I feel sorry for the guy that's still stuck with Adam.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

Wow, Red Marlowe's nephew was dumped! Although the heads up was that they didn't mention Red during the package. Or if they did, I missed it.

I hated to see that. And they cut so much of it. No “Jackson is available to steal. Anything you want to say to your coach” barely got to even hear him sing. I’m bummed. I liked him. No mention of Red at least during the batter episode.

no idea what this new twist is, but the add of the steal was a great thing, so I’m cautiously optimistic.

i hope to see Kim Cherry get another opportunity to rap/sing. 

I’m really bummed Jackson Marlowe

Well Gyth is my guy. My favorite. Hope he goes far. 

• Love 3

Monday was the night of one-sided battles.  The only battles that were close were the first and last.  I thought all the rest had a very clear winner, even if Kelly inexplicably got one wrong in choosing an awful Abby over a very mediocre Jackson.  Not that it matters much since either one is fodder in the next round.

Though the duet I enjoyed the most was Lisa vs. Betsy, I thought Mari gave the standout individual performance, followed some distance behind by Rebecca and Kalvin.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Mari does in the next round.

There were also several very subpar battles, including both country performances that weren't shown in full, as well as the total mess that was Jacob vs. Talon.  All three contestants sent to the Comeback Stage and Rizzi, were significantly better than the winners of those three battles.

• Love 2

So, the coaches see 'amazing breakthrough' but I was just bored while 'unique voice with personality and character' read kind of annoying and whining with a bonus of terrible squinting facial gestures. So my read of Andrew vs. Patrick was a little different I guess...

I thought Oliv smashed Kayslin in their battle, she was effortless cool and had a great energy and flow. She would seem to be a picture perfect candidate for John's team and I'm disappointed that he saw it differently. I doubt Blake will 'get' her and I fear for his song choice(s). So that was kind of a bummer but at least she is still around.

I was also sad to see LiLi get montaged and dumped, I thought she had a fun spirit but she wasn't a good fit for Blake so I'm not surprised but bummed.

Cecily was the styling victim of the night and I guess I would have gone with Selkii too but I thought both were a bit unremarkable in this one.

So, the cross-battles are like a 'cross' between the knockouts and the Twitter Save with people from different teams then? Hmm. I guess we'll have to see it but I'm not sure I like the narrowing down of the vote to those that watch live and can/desire to text during the 'voting window' that's not much of a cross-section of the audience I don't think.

• Love 2

I like Gyth too. My favorite male so far. 

I'm worried about Brooks and Dunn.  My goodness.  I've enjoyed their music for many years. 

I"m not sure why Blake picked the girl with the hat over the other young lady.  I loved her voice.  I'm not a fan of odd looking hats on the artists. Exception was Sawyer Fredericks, but, I preferred him without the hat too. lol

• LOL 1

I thought Oliv beat Kayslin.  But I also see potential in Kayslin because she's young and has a pop sound.  But for the battle, I would have picked Oliv. 

The other one that could go either way was Jackson and Abby.  Jackson wasn't ready but Abby has no dynamics.  She just seemed loud.  At least for the part that they showed since they didn't show their whole battle.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2019 at 2:56 AM, Kaiju Ballet said:

I am so happy that Butter melting in the Microwave voice was saved. That duet was truly lovely, and his voice was indeed like buttah. Does the audience really shout "Steal Steal Steal all the time?"

Not gonna lie, I liked that commercial featuring past Voice contestants, including Kirk Jay! And future contestants too, with Alisan Porter's kids. So cute!

A lot of the battles were really well-done tonight, and I enjoyed the guest judges giving useful comments. Khalid seemed to get a lot of THs, which I'm not mad at. He gave really good comments.

The packages are useful in helping me tell contestants apart, so it was funny when multi chair turn blonde guy and one chair turn guy realized that they were both kids of cops and worked in restaurants. I thoughtthey were going to sing "Don't Stand So Close to Me," lol! Right choice there, and so sweet of Blake to say what he did about the voice cracking.

Really happy with Guy Whose Dad was Murdered by Mom's Boyfriend. I actually thought he had won that round, but now he's with John Legend, so I feel sorry for the guy that's still stuck with Adam.

I don't recall who is Butter melting in microwave is. I thought Anthony's outfit was weird and either Adam styled him or the same stylist that Adam uses did them both. It was not a good look for him. That commerical was fun and it was nice to see those past contestants and Alisan's kids. I'm happy for that guy too and he's better off on John's team.  I like those two guys who were very similar (the fathers were cops and they worked in coffee houses). 

On 4/9/2019 at 2:56 AM, Kaiju Ballet said:

Now we know why they didn't mention Red during Jackson's blinds. I thought he would make it farther. Oh well.

20 hours ago, MzLiz said:

I hated to see that. And they cut so much of it. No “Jackson is available to steal. Anything you want to say to your coach” barely got to even hear him sing. I’m bummed. I liked him. No mention of Red at least during the batter episode.

no idea what this new twist is, but the add of the steal was a great thing, so I’m cautiously optimistic.

i hope to see Kim Cherry get another opportunity to rap/sing. 

I’m really bummed Jackson Marlowe

Well Gyth is my guy. My favorite. Hope he goes far. 

I hate when they cut some battles but that just means to me that those people didn't make it much further than that anyhow. I do like the steal and save additions to the show, it made things more interesting in those two rounds. I am curious too and excited to see what these cross battles are.

• Love 1