Type keyword(s) to search

S02E12. Visits and Violations

Spike
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Driving the car without a license was a much bigger offense. 

Who did the car belong to?  I'm going to assume Megan didn't rent the car because (if she had any sense) she would have been driving.  Michael would not have been able to rent one with no license.  So who's car was he joyriding in??  Another hot car?

And who drove the car back?  Or was it seized by the officers?  I have questions.

• Love 3

Lets not ignore the fact that Mikey was not only tardy to the pardy...but he drove like a maniac to get there.   Who flaunts the rules in the face of authority and expects to be rewarded?  Anyone with half a working brain cell would have a "clue".   I guess he thinks he's above any kind of law. 

I sure as hell see no reason to let him continue on his merry way.  He's not only stupid, he's a menace to anyone within killing distance to him and his uninsured, unlicensed, hot rod ways. 

Even if TLC told him to do what he did, that doesn't mean he had to break the law to do it.   I sure don't want to be the one who's dead because Mikey is a slubberdegullian.  

He didn't get an uber.  He drove himself and his deflowered virgin all over hell to get there.  Aren't we all glad some poor schmuck didn't get in his way?  What good does parole or the police do if they turn a blind eye to something like the behavior Michael displayed?  Oh, sorry Mike.  Didn't mean to rain on your parade.  Run along and have a nice day. 

As for rehabilitation...I'd suggest he be sent to a frickin' dungeon, chained to the damn walls for a few years. 

• Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:26 AM, CousinOliver said:

I mean, color me shocked (no snark) that ten minutes late is taken that seriously, even if it wasn’t his first disregard of the rules. I had no idea parole was that stringent...or maybe that was racially motivated? 

I don't know if this has already been answered, but they also said he had a FIVE HOUR window. That means, he could've reported any time between 1 and 6.  So what does he do?  Roll up at 6:10, driving, which he is not supposed to be doing (I'm guessing he doesn't have a license.)   And it wasn't the first time.  I don't blame them for taking him in and I don't think race had anything to do with it.  He's only been out a few weeks and has already screwed up twice.

• Love 11
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, Neurochick said:

That seems a bit bigoted to me.  Like, "YOU shouldn't have nice things because I DON'T."  It's like someone saying, "how can you afford....when I can't? wahhh, wahhh."  Aww, do you want some cheese with your whine?

Why would it be bigoted?  Just because Michael is black?  So now every time a person of color is arrested it's because the arresting officers are bigots? Interesting.  Because being jealous of someone doesn't make you bigoted.  That's a very strong accusation to make so you'd definitely wouldn't want to toss it around so easily.   If you simply meant jealous, not bigoted (those two are very separate things) is it because you think the parole officers are mad because they can't go driving around with a camera crew behind them and they arrested him because of that? That's a bit of a stretch.  I think it's much more likely they're being tired of a parolee being late to his appointments after being granted a five HOUR window and on top of that, being arrogant enough to cruise in behind the wheel of a car when he can't legally drive.   Seems a bit more likely.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 17
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, Neurochick said:

Sarah should sit Megan down and tell her that she, Sarah is Megan's future if she keeps messing with Michael.  

Except she doesn't KNOW about Megan.

• Love 4
On 2/23/2019 at 3:50 AM, Hellohappylife said:

Does michael’s mother realize how much of a fool she looks like?  How is she so shocked that he’s back in jail? She hasn’t had him in her home since he was 13. She should have told Sarah about the cheating once she found out.  I don’t give a shit if she didn’t want to be in “her sons buisness” I agree with her to a certain point,young’s guys can be players like that & have many women, but when there is a child involved that way of thinking gets thrown out the window. Maybe if she would have been in her son’s “buisness” more he wouldnt be the loser he is today. 

Why was Michael's mother being so weird and stand-offish? And why was she even in NY? Don't they live in Detroit? She and her daughter flew out to NY at the same time Meghan was flying out? And no one thought that would be a bad idea? Why did she drive all the way to Meghan's hotel room? Just to say, "Michael has been arrested. And I know nothing else!" Wasn't that obvious to Meghan when she saw him get handcuffed and taken away? Did Michael tell her to visit Meghan and tell her that? Even though she already knew? Why not just call her? Why was his mother all frantic and saying she hadn't gotten any sleep, etc.? Michael's has been in and out of custody for the last 13 yrs. Why would she even be phased by this? And if she was so anti-Meghan why didn't she say something to her to sabotage the relationship? Why did she just run off like a crazy person? So confused.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:51 PM, cooksdelight said:

Lizzie... $2K for cheesy clothes. Damn. I lost count of how many times she and Jazmyne said “like” during their argument. I was really hoping that credit card came up empty.

Does anyone really buy that much stuff in one place? Do ppl actually shop like that?

On 2/23/2019 at 10:28 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

I remember something about Jazzmine saying she went to Goodwill to pick out clothes for her mom before she got out. I can kind of picture that as being a labor of love, and a clever girl like Jazzmine could probably find some really cute things that were more than nice enough for Lizzie. She was probably really excited to get everything together in anticipation of her mother's release from prison.

Now that I recall that, it makes Lizzie's disparaging comment about the "Goodwill clothes" so. much. worse.

Right, I totally felt that slap! I think Jazzmyne even said she had saved up specifically to buy the stuff. And her mother is out one week and essentially shits on her efforts and replaces everything. Still tricking. Imagine the shame and disgust a little girl must feel knowing her mother is a prostitute? Ugh

On 2/24/2019 at 4:57 PM, Drogo said:

"He belongs to us."

Which is true. Michael's not free. 

A really poor choice of wording to use when one particular group of people in this country WERE property. Disgraceful.

22 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Did any of y’all see what I saw when Megan My Queen was rooting through her suitcase? 

A purple dildo. 

She did complain in her TH the cops rifled "thru her intimate things." And silly me, I thought she meant her underwear!

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 4
On 2/23/2019 at 10:07 AM, Hannah94 said:

Exactly. I am not certain why race was mentioned. 

Bc "racial sentencing disparity" is a huge problem in this country. And the scene where Michael was getting arrested made the person think of that problem.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I don't know if this has already been answered, but they also said he had a FIVE HOUR window. That means, he could've reported any time between 1 and 6.  So what does he do?  Roll up at 6:10, driving, which he is not supposed to be doing (I'm guessing he doesn't have a license.)   And it wasn't the first time.  I don't blame them for taking him in and I don't think race had anything to do with it.  He's only been out a few weeks and has already screwed up twice.

Yes, the five hour window has been mentioned several times since my post.   I thought he had a set 6:00 appointment.  I misunderstood.  Had I understood, I would not have been surprised at the outcome.  Lots of things can delay a rush-hour 6:00 appointment, but if someone is aiming for a late arrival when there’s a 5 hour window, that person is not prioritizing what s/he should.   

I wonder if they would have been more forgiving if it was a job keeping him away rather than a mistress?  It’s already hard enough for someone with a record to get a job, dealing with stringent parole visits sounds like another employment obstacle.  (Michael has no excuses, just wondering if it would matter or if late is late is late).

• Love 2

Who did the car belong to?

Megan, I think. We have seen them riding around in it before.

And why was she even in NY? Don't they live in Detroit? She and her daughter flew out to NY at the same time Meghan was flying out? And no one thought that would be a bad idea? Why did she drive all the way to Meghan's hotel room? Just to say, "Michael has been arrested. And I know nothing else!" Wasn't that obvious to Meghan when she saw him get handcuffed and taken away? Did Michael tell her to visit Meghan and tell her that? Even though she already knew? Why not just call her? Why was his mother all frantic and saying she hadn't gotten any sleep, etc.? Michael's has been in and out of custody for the last 13 yrs. Why would she even be phased by this? And if she was so anti-Meghan why didn't she say something to her to sabotage the relationship? 

If memory serves, Michael's mom and sister planned to visit, then MeganMyQueen told Michael she was coming to visit at the same time. She thought this was a great opportunity to meet them and he didn't seem to try to stop her. 

At the hotel, I don't think that she said "I don't know anything else." I think she said "that's all I can say." If I'm remembering right, I thought at that point, with that choice of words, it was really obvious that she knew more than she was saying - kind of a grown up version of "I know something you don't know." I think what she was telling MMQ was that Michael would be in jail for four months - not that he was arrested (which she obviously already knew). Even though Michael has been in custody before, I can understand that she would be worried and upset. Jail isn't a great place, whether you've been there before or not. And maybe she was hopeful he'd manage to stay out this time.

As for why she doesn't out Michael to both Sarah and MMQ for his infidelity - I sort of agree that it's not her place but I also wonder if neither Sarah nor Megan would believe her.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

If memory serves, Michael's mom and sister planned to visit, then MeganMyQueen told Michael she was coming to visit at the same time. She thought this was a great opportunity to meet them and he didn't seem to try to stop her. 

At the hotel, I don't think that she said "I don't know anything else." I think she said "that's all I can say." If I'm remembering right, I thought at that point, with that choice of words, it was really obvious that she knew more than she was saying - kind of a grown up version of "I know something you don't know." I think what she was telling MMQ was that Michael would be in jail for four months - not that he was arrested (which she obviously already knew). Even though Michael has been in custody before, I can understand that she would be worried and upset. Jail isn't a great place, whether you've been there before or not. And maybe she was hopeful he'd manage to stay out this time.

As for why she doesn't out Michael to both Sarah and MMQ for his infidelity - I sort of agree that it's not her place but I also wonder if neither Sarah nor Megan would believe her.

Yeah, Michael's mother was defintely saying, "that's all I can say." Like she was teasing her. But I think right before she left she actually also said, "that's all I know." And that's prbly all she does know beyond what Meghan knows bc Meghan was there when he got arrested. But why was she being so mysterious and guarded? It felt like she should have arrived at the hotel wearing a trench coat, low brimmed hat, gloves and dark sunglasses. Like wtf was the point? Maybe something was edited out that the audience can't know? I seriously cannot see a woman who claims to be stressed out and sleep deprived driving out to see Meghan only to inform her he will be in for four months. Someone couldn't have texted her or left a message with the hotel or hit her on FB or something? Meghan would have been literally number 856 on the list of ppl I needed to see if I was out of town w/ my teenager and my other child got arrested. Did she just want to see what Meghan looked like in person so she could describe her to Sarah to beat her ass? LOL Like I am trying to think of a reason why that meet up was necessary.

4 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

MMQ flew into NY though, so I don't think it was her car.

Sarah has a white car (kinda sporty) and Michael has a black one (kind of a live a Chrysler 300 deal)? But when and how did he get it? He seemed to have it the moment he and Sarah arrived in NY and it already had NY tags on it. Didn't he ride back from Michigan with Sarah in her white car? When and where did they get Michael's 300? Did a relative follow him and Sarah and drive it to NY for him?

• Love 1

MMQ flew into NY though, so I don't think it was her car.

Yeah - Michael and Sarah live in NY, right? 

Sarah has a white car (kinda sporty) and Michael has a black one (kind of a live a Chrysler 300 deal)? But when and how did he get it? He seemed to have it the moment he and Sarah arrived in NY and it already had NY tags on it. Didn't he ride back from Michigan with Sarah in her white car? When and where did they get Michael's 300? Did a relative follow him and Sarah and drive it to NY for him?

Good point! How does a guy who's been in jail for (how many?) years and has no job and apparently comes from pretty modest means (so it's not like some rich relative subsidized the car) have a car fresh out of jail? And, just as with Scott and Lizzie, who are these people who procure cars for people who aren't permitted to drive them?

• Love 3

Ok, these are the things that i have deduced. This is totally my opinion only. 

Michael's car. The black car probably belongs to Sarah. I think the white car belongs to the grandparents and she borrows it from time to time. They probably won't let Michael drive their car since he has no license. Sarah is a fool for letting him drive anything. 

Mom's purpose in that visit to Megan was to send her home. She thought if she just cut Megan out then she would tuck tail and go home. Sorry mom, it will take so much more. I don't think that she or Sarah knew that Megan was with him at the P.O.'s office. Sarah finds out from them later that Megan was in the car.

I am just assuming when he was detained that the P.O.'s called Sarah to pick up the car. Maybe the cops sent Megan away in the car and Mom picked it up so Sarah wouldn't know. Who knows? 

No facts to back up any of this, just my humble opinion. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Bc "racial sentencing disparity" is a huge problem in this country. And the scene where Michael was getting arrested made the person think of that problem.

I'm sure if Matt had been late to his parole appointments a few times, then cruised in 10 minutes after a 5 hour window driving like a lunatic on a suspended license, they'd probably take him in too. 

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm sure if Matt had been late to his parole appointments a few times, then cruised in 10 minutes after a 5 hour window driving like a lunatic on a suspended license, they'd probably take him in too. 

We don't know. All assumptions. Ppl say Matt will kill someone due to his anger mngt issues. Ppl say he is a White Supremist due to his tattoos. Ppl say he will never work an honest job due to lack of having one in the past. It's all speculation here. And the show isn't a documentary.

• Love 1

It's probably just a matter of time.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Reality police said:

Ok, these are the things that i have deduced. This is totally my opinion only. 

Michael's car. The black car probably belongs to Sarah. I think the white car belongs to the grandparents and she borrows it from time to time. They probably won't let Michael drive their car since he has no license. Sarah is a fool for letting him drive anything. 

Mom's purpose in that visit to Megan was to send her home. She thought if she just cut Megan out then she would tuck tail and go home. Sorry mom, it will take so much more. I don't think that she or Sarah knew that Megan was with him at the P.O.'s office. Sarah finds out from them later that Megan was in the car.

I am just assuming when he was detained that the P.O.'s called Sarah to pick up the car. Maybe the cops sent Megan away in the car and Mom picked it up so Sarah wouldn't know. Who knows? 

No facts to back up any of this, just my humble opinion. 

But Michael once referred to the black car as his. And another time, Sarah referred to it as his. I would think if he was absconding w/ her car, she would be complaining about that.

The white car just looks more like Sarah's style. The black doesn't. I guess the white car could be Sarah's mother's car.

Is it possible the black car was Michael's car all along and was waiting for him in Detroit until he got out of prison? 

Considering their circumstances, they both do seem to have nice cars!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, eatsleep said:

We don't know. All assumptions. Ppl say Matt will kill someone due to his anger mngt issues. Ppl say he is a White Supremist due to his tattoos. Ppl say he will never work an honest job due to lack of having one in the past. It's all speculation here. And the show isn't a documentary.

I don't disagree.  That's why I specifically used to word "probably" in my post.   Race coming into play in their decision to arrest Mike is also pure speculation. Considering no one here is psychic (to my knowledge) it's all speculation.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, toodles said:

I got a kick of this lady.

I strongly disagree with one of her points.  Lizzie attractive?  I would describe her more as skany ho.  YMMV of course.

I think Lizzie could be attractive if she dressed in clothes that actually fit. I think Jasmine is beautiful and she looks just like Lizzie. There are times when Lizzie does talking head interviews and they show her from the neck up where I think she's pretty.

Her comportment is terrible though. Between the scamming and her horrible voice and vocal fry, I couldn't stand to spend time with her.

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think Lizzie could be attractive if she dressed in clothes that actually fit. I think Jasmine is beautiful and she looks just like Lizzie. There are times when Lizzie does talking head interviews and they show her from the neck up where I think she's pretty.

Her comportment is terrible though. Between the scamming and her horrible voice and vocal fry, I couldn't stand to spend time with her.

I agree - if Lizzie would cover her girls up, dress appropriately (Hey I am 54 and I can look nice, attractive and somewhat fetching if need be while still looking classy - it can be done, Lizzy!) and STOP with that Valley Girl/Kardashian combo meal deal of  vocal fry.....she would not be half bad.

Can't wait to see that the Rhodes Scholars have in mind for tonight......

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree - if Lizzie would cover her girls up, dress appropriately (Hey I am 54 and I can look nice, attractive and somewhat fetching if need be while still looking classy - it can be done, Lizzy!) and STOP with that Valley Girl/Kardashian combo meal deal of  vocal fry.....she would not be half bad.

Can't wait to see that the Rhodes Scholars have in mind for tonight......

I'm actually very impressed by how great Lizzie looks after spending 10 consecutive yrs in prison...and eating "all starches and soy." She has nice teeth, her hair is still in good condition, she's not totally covered in jailhouse ink. Prison life can't be easy! And couple that w/ that a drug addiction! (What was her drug of choice? Heroin or meth?) I think she seems surprisingly attractive and feminine. And if you didn't know about the hustle she was running on Scott and you just saw her out somewhere, I think she'd seem normal. 

Yes, she and Jazmyne are both very pretty. (But I do want Lizzie to lose those claw clips and just style her hair in a normal way. Keep the beautiful curls but just shape it up.) 

I can't believe I forgot about the new episode tonight!

There needs to be some traction on the Michael/Sarah/Meghan story!

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

There needs to be some traction on the Michael/Sarah/Meghan story!

I hope so!!!  Megan MyQueen will be in full  force over her man.  Why he is such a catch.....we may never know.  Okay, I will be a little....R rated.  People suggest he must be a killer in the sack.  I highly doubt that as he is quite selfish in real life, and in my experience, that translates to how a guy is between the sheets.  I don't perceive him as being generous and selfless in that area.  I have a hunch he thinks of himself first in ALL areas.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Tatortot said:

Does Jasmine have a job?   and is Scott supporting her too?   Can't be cheap living in separate hotel rooms for weeks on end.

Wasn't jazmyne living in CA? And just moved to WI to be with her mother on parole? I'm so confused about where this group is from/lives. So no, i don't think jazmyne has a job. I think she just moved there a week ago

• Love 1
On 3/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, not you again said:

Lizzie sure ain't gonna work if she can get someone else to give her money.

I think you mean "get someone else to help her out."

• Love 3
On 2/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, Neurochick said:

I agree.  I mean look at the society we live in today.  There are actual studies that show black people get punished harsher for the same crimes white people commit.  I've even heard of stories where black children in school get punished more severely than white children.  

I wonder though if the cops were more pissed because of the camera crew.  Maybe they were afraid if they did the wrong thing, they'd end up on YouTube.  

I'm of two minds here because I agree there are disparities, although I think they normally occur at sentencing and in the parole process period. 

However, as far as I could tell, this wasn't Michael's first violation, as he couldn't be found by his parole officer when he was with Megan.  Then he missed a FIVE HOUR WINDOW to show up.  AND he was driving when he was told he wasn't supposed to, and he wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was driving.  I mean if he had a three pm appointment that had been set by the PO and he was 10 minutes late then yeah maybe it's too much, but he had a FIVE HOUR window to show up and he couldn't make it?  Come on.

Ultimately, I think one of the goals of parole is to see if the offender can follow rules.  They have a history that says they can't and parole has to be about making sure that a parolee can follow rules or trying to "tough love" them into following rules.  

Michael may not be a huge risk, but I don't want violent offenders or sex offenders on parole getting away with "minor infractions" and not being locatable by their parole officer.  

I am open to blaming the system here, but he had FIVE HOURS to make that appointment, and he drove into the location... directly flouting the rules.  At some point he has to learn to take those rules seriously and if he can't.....I don't know.....

• Love 5
On 2/24/2019 at 2:29 AM, Kangatush said:

People seem to be missing the second part of my comment about Tracie.

I'm not saying Michael didn't deserve to be violated.  I'm saying it's interesting that he, a black man was violated, while Tracie, a white goddess, was arrested, released, and arrested again within a week of exiting federal prison.  Someone said she probably posted bail/bonded out.  How? All she had was a stolen rental car.  Maybe when we arrest someone so fresh from prison, we shouldn't let them go all willy nilly to go out and do more crime.

That was my point.

Dumb Clint would have had to file a police report, which he wouldn't do because he is dumb.

This is why HE is on the hook for 21k.  His insurance would have covered it* but you have to file a police report in order for your insurance company to cover it under your first party coverage.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, but as far as the police know Tracie hasn't stolen that car because Clint is a nitwit.

* I'm sure Clint has first party coverage because he drives a fairly new Dodge charger and I'm sure he is financing it, and when you finance a vehicle your lienholder will require that you get comprehensive and collision coverage on the vehicle to protect their interest and your insurance coverage also covers rental vehicles.

It's more about money than about race. Someone with large amounts of money can "buy" their way through the system, regardless of their race. OJ Simpson comes to mind. Also google Ethan Couch - whose parents paid off the judge to basically dismiss his case. Money buys freedom when you are up against the law. If you are poor, don't break the law. If you have money, you can break the law and buy your way out. Sad but true. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Dumb Clint would have had to file a police report, which he wouldn't do because he is dumb.

This is why HE is on the hook for 21k.  His insurance would have covered it* but you have to file a police report in order for your insurance company to cover it under your first party coverage.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, but as far as the police know Tracie hasn't stolen that car because Clint is a nitwit.

* I'm sure Clint has first party coverage because he drives a fairly new Dodge charger and I'm sure he is financing it, and when you finance a vehicle your lienholder will require that you get comprehensive and collision coverage on the vehicle to protect their interest and your insurance coverage also covers rental vehicles.

I haven't seen the charger. I've seen a camaro and a truck.

2 hours ago, Reality police said:

I haven't seen the charger. I've seen a camaro and a truck.

Ha ha, it's probably the Camaro.  I'm not sure into muscle cars, so it's highly likely I got them mixed up.  I assume the truck belongs to his dad.

But I think the muscle car is his, and it's too new for him to have paid cash for it, so im pretty sure he has a lienholder and therefore comprehensive coverage that would transfer to the theft of a rental vehicle.  But he would have to file a police report and assist the insurance company....which he will not do so he (and probably his parents) will be on the hook for the 21k.

Does Tracie not even remember where she parked it?  Or did she sell it for some drugs?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Ha ha, it's probably the Camaro.  I'm not sure into muscle cars, so it's highly likely I got them mixed up.  I assume the truck belongs to his dad.

But I think the muscle car is his, and it's too new for him to have paid cash for it, so im pretty sure he has a lienholder and therefore comprehensive coverage that would transfer to the theft of a rental vehicle.  But he would have to file a police report and assist the insurance company....which he will not do so he (and probably his parents) will be on the hook for the 21k.

Does Tracie not even remember where she parked it?  Or did she sell it for some drugs?

It does look new. I still can't believe no one is the least bit concerned about the rental. It probably got turned in when she was picked up and they are just keeping the drama going. Can't believe his parents would just ignore this for weeks or months. They are business people and wouldn't want to pay out 21k for their love sick son.

2 minutes ago, Reality police said:

It does look new. I still can't believe no one is the least bit concerned about the rental. It probably got turned in when she was picked up and they are just keeping the drama going. Can't believe his parents would just ignore this for weeks or months. They are business people and wouldn't want to pay out 21k for their love sick son.

He is 37 years old, and I don't think they can force him to file the police report. 

If they are smart they will very clearly and surgically removed him from their finances.  He cannot and should not be involved in any of their business finances and he should be strictly paid as an employee.  If they have their money is a trust he should not be a trustee.  He should not be on any paperwork for the house, their vehicles or their business.  They should not be using money from a trust to help pay for his house, they should not be cosigner's on his house or his car. They may have done something like this to help build his credit or whatever, but if their assets are comingled it will be easier for creditors to come after Clint's parents assets to satisfy judgments.

Clint probably isn't worried because he can just declare bankruptcy.  He is working the desk at a hotel, good luck getting 21k from him.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

He is 37 years old, and I don't think they can force him to file the police report. 

If they are smart they will very clearly and surgically removed him from their finances.  He cannot and should not be involved in any of their business finances and he should be strictly paid as an employee.  If they have their money is a trust he should not be a trustee.  He should not be on any paperwork for the house, their vehicles or their business.  They should not be using money from a trust to help pay for his house, they should not be cosigner's on his house or his car. They may have done something like this to help build his credit or whatever, but if their assets are comingled it will be easier for creditors to come after Clint's parents assets to satisfy judgments.

Clint probably isn't worried because he can just declare bankruptcy.  He is working the desk at a hotel, good luck getting 21k from him.

Mom gave him the credit card before he left and may have arranged for the rental car. 

I so agree they need to protect themselves and their business from him.

Clint's house came up in research on dad, he might still own it. Don't know didn't look that far. If dad still owns it he has nothing to loose in bankruptcy. Wish somebody would take care of me like that! 

Edited by Reality police
Stupidity
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

He got fired from the hotel.  He is working at his parents’ business.

On 3/31/2019 at 12:14 AM, RealReality10 said:

I'm of two minds here because I agree there are disparities, although I think they normally occur at sentencing and in the parole process period. 

However, as far as I could tell, this wasn't Michael's first violation, as he couldn't be found by his parole officer when he was with Megan.  Then he missed a FIVE HOUR WINDOW to show up.  AND he was driving when he was told he wasn't supposed to, and he wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was driving.  I mean if he had a three pm appointment that had been set by the PO and he was 10 minutes late then yeah maybe it's too much, but he had a FIVE HOUR window to show up and he couldn't make it?  Come on.

Ultimately, I think one of the goals of parole is to see if the offender can follow rules.  They have a history that says they can't and parole has to be about making sure that a parolee can follow rules or trying to "tough love" them into following rules.  

Michael may not be a huge risk, but I don't want violent offenders or sex offenders on parole getting away with "minor infractions" and not being locatable by their parole officer.  

I am open to blaming the system here, but he had FIVE HOURS to make that appointment, and he drove into the location... directly flouting the rules.  At some point he has to learn to take those rules seriously and if he can't.....I don't know.....

I agree so much with your whole post.  He had five HOURS to show up and was still late.  Had that been me I would have been there the day before to make sure I knew where I was going, lol, and then been there at the beginning of the time window just to be done.

He was convicted of armed robbery, that is a risk to me.  Who is to say he won't get a hold of another gun and do it again?

I do want someone to explain the Michigan/New York connection to me.  Why I care.....I am not sure.

• Love 2