Type keyword(s) to search

Oscar Snubs: They Wuz Robbed!

• Start Topic

On 1/27/2020 at 9:00 AM, DollEyes said:

While Us isn't a "perfect" movie, both of Lupita Nyong'o's performances were. 

She was incredible in it. The academy's taste is questionable most of the time so I'm not surprised she wasn't nominated. Also the only Black woman who was nominated that year was Cynthia Erivo for Harriet. Once again the academy was only willing to nominate a Black person playing a slave. 

• Love 2

I'm still pissed that Taron Egerton didn't even receive a nomination for Rocketman. Nothing against Rami Malek who did a great job with Bohemian Rhapsody, but I liked Taron's performance better. It shouldn't be a competition of course, but I have a feeling that Rami's win previous year was a factor in Taron not being nominated, as if there was a limit on musical biographies - completely ridiculous. Sure, Taron won a Golden Globe, but with the way those were criticized lately, it doesn't mean much now. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Brokeback Mountain should’ve won Best Picture instead of Crash. And I still say Heath Ledger should’ve gotten Best Actor.

”It’s only one year,” we said. “He’s so talented…he’s got all the time in the world to win one,” we said.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
On 2/14/2024 at 7:00 AM, JustHereForFood said:

So you watched the Honest Trailer too? 😉

That was the first thing I thought off too. They never fail to make a good and hilarious one. I love the line about needing Jesus because their terrible shepards. 

• Like 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I liked their point about the beans.

That was funny too. And true.  Really with all those beans instead of getting romantic it would be more like the scene in Blazing Saddles when the villains are eating a bunch of beans and farting all over the place and the other guy walks into the scene waving his cowboy hat and telling them that's enough beans.

Edited by andromeda331
  • LOL 4