Type keyword(s) to search

Married to Medicine Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I'm just gonna say that Jazmin was lucky. I don't care that I asked for your help, if you reach your hand out and touch a lick of food on my plate without  my express permission, we are going to fight. Asking for advice doesn't give you the right to engage in rude behavior. Remind me of my goals? Sure. Point out where I'm making bad choices? Absolutely. Touch my food??? We are gonna be rolling around on the ground. Period. 

I'm laughing.  I used to have a friend in junior high who was just as insane about her food.  (Wonder where that comes from?) That was a HUGE hunk of cornbread.  Girlfriend isn't interested in losing weight if she's eating something that large.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I have a little more insight into Imani [...]I think that she is in some ways so much more interesting than her "character" 

I think this is right on the money.  It’s so funny, because I was watching this last night with my husband, and as soon as Britten got to Imani’s home, I felt they were so “on” and quite obnoxious, and I said to my husband that I thought that if the cameras were down, they would both be completely different, and probably much more enjoyable, especially Imani, and he agreed with me.  I definitely get the impression that she is playing some kind of role, I think that the heavy New York accent is part of the role, and I would love to see what she was like in real life instead.  

Even though I don’t find Shanique interesting, I think she is a very similar person on camera and off camera, and I respect that, and it makes me want to watch her more.  

5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But if they all walked away, we'd have nothing to watch.

True, and I’m glad this is still on, with new episodes, knock on wood, because there’s not much else to watch right now!

I just wish they would be themselves.  I think women can definitely be interesting as themselves.  I think that someone who isn’t living authentically and is playing a role on reality TV, as opposed to a drama or comedy, is pretty uninteresting by rule.  The more unlikely Imani’s story seems, the more I tune her out.  I think the reality rings true with the viewer.  I just started re-watching season one of RHOC, and that is so real that even the mundane seems interesting.  Lipstick on the tennis court is appealing because it was real in 2005 Coto de Caza, CA.  What is actually going on when you’re married to medicine in LA in 2019?  Not some fake shit, but what is it really like, even if every episode doesn’t involve heavy layers of melodrama.  

I’m not saying a woman shouldn’t be on camera if she is going through a divorce; I’m saying if she needs privacy for her family, she should put that above reality TV.  There are a lot of examples of people who have left reality TV, who have made a comeback when it was appropriate, and that rarely gets mentioned.  Best example I can think of is Dina Manzo leaving RHNJ mid-season (because she felt the show was getting too toxic) and coming back as a full-time Housewife for season six when the show was recast.  Alexia on Real Housewives of Miami became a friend-of for season two to focus on her son’s recovery and returned as a full-time Housewife season three.  There are a handful of other examples.  I don’t think this gets enough discussion; I feel like the current attitude is that if one ducks out of reality TV to take care of their personal lives, they’re gone for good.  That’s not what the experience bears out, and I think it’s used as a bit of an excuse for people who are addicted to fame and don’t want to walk away.  People who don’t want to walk away wind up like Vicki from RHOC, building stories and getting bad plastic surgery to stay relevant and I don’t think anyone wants to see that!

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I definitely get the impression that she is playing some kind of role, I think that the heavy New York accent is part of the role, and I would love to see what she was like in real life instead.  

Ha! Actually, that's one of the things that was consistent. The couple she was talking with were from Brooklyn, so it was like listening to a conversation on the subway. 

Hey DumDum aka Jazmin: We understand that the only thing you have to offer the world is your flat stomach and that you're going to be super confused in a few years when your huzzbin dumps you for a younger <probably thicker, curvier model>, but tripping about weight is so 2000 late. Save your money--because soon you'll be kicked to the curb and trying to meet the reserve for your purses on ebay. 

• Love 5

Britten needs to kick Miney to the curb and back to his little bed before Mack kicks her to the curb.

An extreme diet may work for someone like Jazmin but it's not going to work for Kendra.  Kendra needs to lose the weight slowly but steadily.  She's probably rebelling against the extreme diet by stuffing more snacks into her diet.

That was a very crappy gift Imani gave to Shanique.

Let's keep this real: Phil met somebody out in Oklahoma and it was easy not to come back to Imani because he was never in love with her in the first place.  You only tell someone "I thought I could grow to love you" to hurt them and let them know It. Is. Over.  He was cool living off of Imani but once he decided to get his own steady dough and a new woman he'd rather be with and is more attracted to, it was cool with him when Imani kicked him to the curb.  If he avoided intimacy with her for 5 years, he was not attracted to or trying to be with her.  Unfortunately, being with someone unavailable is a pattern Imani has and something she needs to more thoroughly examine.  I'm glad she freed herself because we do not have time out here to be entertaining bum bustas or begging them to be with us.  Good bye, good luck and good riddance.

• Love 7

Episode 8:

"Sis-cation"

After Imani’s shocking divorce reveal, the ladies rally around her and head to Palm Springs for a “Sis-cation”. While Kendra is nervous for her first trip without her baby, Jazmin and Lia are ready to turn it up, causing things to get wild on the bus ride. During a naughty gift exchange Shanique surprises Imani with a special package. Britten opens up about her own marital struggles.

Airs June 28, 2020.

I thought this episode didn’t get good until the end.  Up until about the 45 minute mark, all we got was a bus full of ladies on edibles and a lactating woman.  I thought the discussion about sex and marriage at the end though was good.  I think women like Shanique think that women want to have sex with their husbands, and their husbands want to have sex with them, and sometimes they just need a nudge in the right direction, like getting the kids out of the bed, and that is valid and true, but...

I think what was largely ignored until Imani started bringing it up was an important topic—a lot of people are in sexless marriages.  I don’t think Britten wants to have sex with Mack, and the kids sleeping in the bed is just an excuse.  She might have body image issues.  There’s also, I think, like a switch that can be turned off, and if one person in the marriage interrupts love-making, their partner might feel rejected and then not want to be intimate, and it can become a vicious circle that can easily last five years.  I know I am reversing myself since last week, but if Idris is ok with it (and he seemed ok) and Imani is ok financially, why not let Phil go?  There is struggling through the tough times, and there is kicking and screaming in a battle that can’t be won.  It seems like now that I’ve seen more, Imani is in the latter category.  

She seems like a much lighter person now that she went public about Phil.  

I also wanted to hear a lot more about Lia sharing a bedroom with a husband and two children.  I totally agreed with her about the shaman and his crap.  At one point he actually referred to what he was extracting from Imani’s abdomen as “gook.”  I think I have more of a therapeutic experience watching Bravo.  

I just continue to think it’s so strange that the good stuff, the reason I watch the show, like the discussion from Imani and Britten about shutting down and different phases of the marriage and wanting a damn hug gets swept aside for gift-giving of male strippers and giant dildos, but then it wouldn’t be Bravo if the important things weren’t placed on the back burner for the “fun” things.  🙄

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t think Britten wants to have sex with Mack, and the kids sleeping in the bed is just an excuse.  

She did last week... Britten might be like a oil change when it comes to sex... turn it up/tune it up every so many miles and "she's good" until the next scheduled service. Sometimes being in a long distance relationship does that to a person.

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

if Idris is ok with it (and he seemed ok) and Imani is ok financially, why not let Phil go?  T

I think Imani wants a live-in father figure for her son. And probably a slight (due to age) sitter as she probably puts in the hours at work and prefers her son to be around someone, as opposed to being home alone  unsupervised.  Grandma doesn't strike me too much at the sitter type of a teen.

I sure would like to see/know about Phil's new Oklahoma hunny - if there is one... he had to leave LA to find a playmate - worth leaving his marriage, and what is left of his music career, for  ? Isn't LA like ATL - ratio of men to women like 1 - 5+ 🍿

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)

Spiritual colonic ?? Imani must have been a barrel of laughs in her earlier years - post college, pre baby

Britt and the bright red hat/scarf, red earrings, candy stripe onesie....I'm not liking it.. too much red

Outside of a bridal shower  - I don't know how I would feel about someone buying sex jock strap/undies for my man.. TMI. was it at least a matching his/her set ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)

I can't Imani and I wouldn't want to be with her either.  I disliked her as soon as her excuse was "I'm from Harlem."  Really Imani, I'm from Harlem too and I'm not like you so stop using it as an excuse sis.

Hey DumDum aka Jazmin: We understand that the only thing you have to offer the world is your flat stomach and that you're going to be super confused in a few years when your huzzbin dumps you for a younger <probably thicker, curvier model>, but tripping about weight is so 2000 late. Save your money--because soon you'll be kicked to the curb and trying to meet the reserve for your purses on ebay. 

You may be right.  Or you may be wrong too.  I have a feeling though that if Jazmin gets kicked to the curb, she'll be just fine.  I wouldn't cry too much for her.

Edited by Neurochick
13 hours ago, drivethroo said:

An extreme diet may work for someone like Jazmin but it's not going to work for Kendra.  Kendra needs to lose the weight slowly but steadily.  She's probably rebelling against the extreme diet by stuffing more snacks into her diet.

Can’t wait to see Kendra fire Jazmin - hope she wasn’t just kidding in that preview scene! If Jazmin had Kendra’s best interests at heart, she wouldn’t food shame her in public but discuss it honestly and kindly in private - Jazmin just wants to show off her body. She thinks others are envious, when most women watching her see an insecure woman desperately trying to hide it.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Is Miney a nickname, or short for something - never heard that one before?

Nickname

Sidenote from her bio: I really wish she would cut out the "one of the highest paid specialties in the medical field". It's kinda tacky. Her job and education are inspirational enough - don't need to encourage the next generation to pick a field because of $$ - that might be made.

image.png.093e691d971231af39ff034878d2a17d.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, nexxie said:

She thinks others are envious, when most women watching her see an insecure woman desperately trying to hide it.

Maybe not.  I've love to have a body like that.  Don't have that discipline though.

Hate those heifers shaming Jazmine about the sugar.  Some folks can't eat all that shit.  

Jazmine's abs are much better than Britten's dysfunction.  It's called "emotional incest Britten!" 

10 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think women like Shanique think that women want to have sex with their husbands, and their husbands want to have sex with them, and sometimes they just need a nudge in the right direction, like getting the kids out of the bed, and that is valid and true, but...

True, but if you substitute your son for your husband you'll screw up that child for life.  

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, sATL said:

Nickname

Sidenote from her bio: I really wish she would cut out the "one of the highest paid specialties in the medical field". It's kinda tacky. Her job and education is inspirational enough - don't need to encourage the next generation to pick a field because of $$ - that might be made.

image.png.093e691d971231af39ff034878d2a17d.png

Hmm, Miney from Mack Jr. Maybe Britten claimed the child as all hers - “He’s Miney!” lol Wait til he’a a bit bigger and says, “Eww Mom, get a life!”

• LOL 3
23 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Hmm, Miney from Mack Jr. Maybe Britten claimed the child as all hers - “He’s Miney!” lol Wait til he’a a bit bigger and says, “Eww Mom, get a life!”

I think it is a (music) play on their last name - instead of Mack Major Jr. he's Mack Minor - "Miney"

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think it is a (music) play on their last name - instead of Mack Major Jr. he's Mack Minor - "Miney"

That makes sense - didn’t even notice Mack’s last name.

I'm late (per usu) but I wanted to comment on Imani's mom. She's definitely a straight to the point, tells it like it is woman in real life. I met her maaaaaany years ago when I was just starting in my career. I was distraught and frustrated about the uphill battle to get respect in the field of TV news. She ignored my dramatics and gave me great advice in the same deadpan voice she does on the show. I've always had massive respect for her and what she told me that day has helped me a lot in my (now) 15 year career. I was excited to see her on the show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I couldn't take any if Imani's photo's seriously because of those.....NAILS! Horrible super long talon claws. Why do women think that looks nice? I hope that look goes away soon. 

I may be judgy here but I think it's unprofessional! I'm not a fan of super long nails in general but definitely a no for me in an office setting, dog. Especially being a WOC I don't think it helps any of the struggle. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I couldn't take any if Imani's photo's seriously because of those.....NAILS! Horrible super long talon claws. Why do women think that looks nice? I hope that look goes away soon. 

COVID - specifically the shut down of nail salons -  might have helped decreased the need for the talon claw look.

• Love 1

Of all people, Imani should have taken the party bus & turned up with the girls. All those silly gifties--- they should have brought her her share of the weed. Her body is just as good as Jazmin's with the rock hard abs, but without the obsessive diet. Her husband Phil sucks. It's like he left her & didn't tell her. She just had to catch the hint when he refused to come home or let her visit him; like a boyfriend that wants to break up with you, but instead of saying so he just treats you increasingly like shit until you have no choice but to break up with him.

• Love 6
On 6/30/2020 at 1:02 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I may be judgy here but I think it's unprofessional! I'm not a fan of super long nails in general but definitely a no for me in an office setting, dog. Especially being a WOC I don't think it helps any of the struggle. 

I will join you on the bench. When they showed her speaking with a client while wearing that blue one shoulder dress, I was like, WTAF! Who the hell wears that to work unless you work at night in the club or at a restaurant? She wears a lot of one shoulder things.

• Love 3

Queens of the Desert

Season 2, Episode 9

The Palm Springs weekend continues as the ladies hit the town for a social cycle, but Kendra and Jazmin's fitness relationship threatens everyone's good time. Lia throws a designer labels themed dinner, but Shanique takes the opportunity to air her grievances. Imani takes the spotlight at a drag show. Later, Shanique has doubts about her new career choice and Kendra makes a bold decision that could affect her marriage.

Airs July 5, 2020

• Love 1

This was an alright penultimate episode.  I feel like everyone who had a story is kind of getting their story resolved.  I was kind of glad Jazmin got called out for not bringing her husband around.  That should probably happen every episode.  It would also be nice if Lia, part of an ensemble cast of six, had gotten a storyline or shown her husband, whom I’m assuming is a doctor, but I don’t even know, but that’s just getting nit picky on my part I guess.

Imani was ok this episode.  I think it was really funny when she told Shanique she was going to give her back all of her dicks, and pretty much the entire dick conversation, not because I enjoy watching middle aged women talk about graphic sex, but because of the frank way they handled it.  At one point Jazmin said something like, “She hasn’t had dick in five years.  I think dicks are appropriate.”  True story.

What I didn’t like was the message I thought Mack and Robert were delivering to Hobart—it sounded to me like they were saying you can never suggest your wife quit her job, or if she’s not working, you may not suggest that she continue to stay home, or the wife won’t feel like an equal.  That sounds just as condescending to me as saying a man should never suggest that his wife get a job, or that her job is to be in the kitchen, etc. 

Every couple can make their own rules, and whatever works for them that is not harming others is what people should do.  I said Hobart’s delivery sucked when he was talking to Kendra about meal preparation and having a bad attitude that she might bring home from work, but are they not valid points?  If a man is worried about this for his wife and family or a woman worried about this for her husband and her family, should these people keep these concerns to themselves and stew in silence for fear that their spouse might not feel “equal”?  I think equality within a marriage is overrated.  How about fulfillment?  How about communication?  

Maybe this is hitting me especially hard, because I am seriously looking at making a major career change, and my husband told me a few days ago that he would be happy if I was at home, and that we could afford it, and I was just washed with relief.  If he had followed Mack’s and Robert’s advice (advice which Robert himself doesn’t follow), he would have never said that to me, because he’d be worried that we wouldn’t seem equal.  We’re not “equal.”  Right now, in my marriage, I am sure I’m not pulling equal weight with my husband.  He does more of pretty much everything.  All I do is command a bigger income.  I don’t worry about it, because we’re both happy, and I know I am the driving force of his happiness, and maybe in a few years I’ll be in a position where I’m doing more than him, and maybe we’ll always be unequal, but who cares?  If we have a mutually beneficial arrangement, I have zero misgivings that things aren’t “equal.”  We’re not in a business partnership, we’re in a marriage.  

I don’t often agree with Britten, but I was on her side with this that Kendra shouldn’t be negotiating contracts behind her husband’s back.  That’s dishonest.  I think it’s much worse to be dishonest about something that matters than to achieve some ephemeral, subjective “equality” in a marriage, when perfect equality never even exists.  Spouses each bring their own unique talents, skills and attitudes to a marriage.  I never thought equality was the goal.  I think respect and achievement is the goal.  Just feeling good about the person you wake up next to.  I mean, if my husband and I were perfect equals, what would the point of us being married even be?  Why wouldn’t we just live our own separate lives?  I think spouses should complement each other, each bringing their own strengths and vulnerabilities to the union, which is actually incompatible with equality.  

I think Hobart, Robert and Mack can all really work on their marriages, but Robert suggesting his wife quit her job doesn’t even top his issues.  How about the time last season he came home late at night and woke his kids up simply because he wanted to see them?  Mack needs to get his kids out of his bed and if he’s mad at Britten for moving them across the country, flush that out.  And Hobart should probably address why it’s not feasible for his family to get a nanny.  I think these men need more communication and understanding in their marriages.  I think it sounds nice to say “equal,” but I’m not sure they put a lot of thought into that term when push comes to shove.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Many fine points in this episode... but let me first pick on Dr  Robert for a quick minute 😁. Just how not-so-tall is he??  First holding the pool que raised my eyebrow..next when he greeted Mack and last when the server appeared with the drinks ... seeing all 4 men in the same view....

I take it the men are not hard drinkers..."sprite and cranberry", 'Rum and coke", "coke zero" ?? Now I guess they probably all drove and  are not beer drinkers, but they went waaayyy back to barely legal days,,

Let me rewind for the 3rd time to  attempt to focus on what the men were actually saying....while wishing I had enough flour to make biscuits in the morning... damm no buttermilk in the fridge.

image.png.018ee991339fb5462f6d3f77aeff58dd.png

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I was kind of glad Jazmin got called out for not bringing her husband around.  That should probably happen every episode.  It would also be nice if Lia, part of an ensemble cast of six, had gotten a storyline or shown her husband, whom I’m assuming is a doctor, but I don’t even know, but that’s just getting nit picky on my part I guess.

Why should Jazmin or anybody else get called out for something like that?  Maybe her husband doesn't want to be on a reality TV show.  I remember Bethenny's Frankel's first boyfriend, on RHONYC, lost his job because he was on the show.  It's the same reason some don't want their kids on the show.  They don't have to be.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Why should Jazmin or anybody else get called out for something like that?  Maybe her husband doesn't want to be on a reality TV show.  I remember Bethenny's Frankel's first boyfriend, on RHONYC, lost his job because he was on the show.  It's the same reason some don't want their kids on the show.  They don't have to be.

I think this is the case. He doesn't want to be on the show and BRAVO can keep the mystery "schitck" going that he doesn't appear on camera. A feature of the franchise - married to a medical professional that  we don't see. There has been a few tv series where a character is frequently mentioned and doesn't appear.

Also - he might believe that the show is his wife "business" and just want to stay out of it... which also mean he doesn't want her in his business

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)

Imani & her husband have not had sex in 5 years?!?

Stop the presses. I'm done. I just googled it & the internet says they've been married for 6 years. I thought she was blind-sided by him leaving her. But, clearly her marriage has been all over but the shouting almost from the start. I mean, she's a psychiatrist. Sounds like they should have been in marriage counseling at least 4 years ago. 

Her husband was in a 90s group called "Portrait" known for singing love ballads. 

The irony. Maybe he had a larger presence in some of their other songs; he's barely shown in this video. 

I had a hard time focusing on the rest of the episode because I couldn't get my mind off Imani's sexless marriage. I was surprised that the ladies were surprised by the age demographic at the bar. I've never been, but I thought Palm Springs was known for retirees & a thriving gay community.  I wish they had shown more of the girls smoking weed & eating fried chicken in the hot tub. Again, Imani didn't join them when they turned up & she's the main one who should have been there.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

Also - he might believe that the show is his wife "business" and just want to stay out of it... which also mean he doesn't want her in his business

I would have issues with a doctor who regularly appears on this show.  Are they doing it to increase their business?  Probably not, they probably do it for fame.  

(edited)
53 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Imani & her husband have not had sex in 5 years?!?

Stop the presses. I'm done. I just googled it & the internet says they've been married for 6 years. I thought she was blind-sided by him leaving her. But, clearly her marriage has been all over but the shouting almost from the start. I mean, she's a psychiatrist. Sounds like they should have been in marriage counseling at least 4 years ago. 

Her husband was in a 90s group called "Portrait" known for singing love ballads. 

I had a hard time focusing on the rest of the episode because I couldn't get my mind off Imani's sexless marriage. I was surprised that the ladies were surprised by the age demographic at the bar. I've never been, but I thought Palm Springs was known for retirees & a thriving gay community.  I wish they had shown more of the girls smoking weed & eating fried chicken in the hot tub. Again, Imani didn't join them when they turned up & she's the main one who should have been there.

My 2 cents..

People get married for different reasons - money, love, sex, wanting children/family, social or professional status, companionship , just to name a few. Sorry.

The reasons people marry does change where the couple is in life. Yes - younger horny people might marry to  have XXX-rated sex 24/7, older people might marry for not wanting to die alone.

I am going back on what Imani said about her childhood: MIA father,, mom cold as ice, wanting to be a doctor, and then became pregnant while an intern working crazy hours by someone who went missing ( by his or her choice) on the quick while the child was a toddler.

So in walks into her life Phil. Good guy, who probably has his own laundry list of back-story personal issues -starting with a music career that is-was a has-never been. However , a wonderful prospect to raise the son, so he got the job of "husband". For all we know, sex, with each other might was never part of the deal. I don't think ole Phil was celibate for the last 4-6 years...

Is her book an autobiography? If so - what does it say ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

I think Jazmine's husband just doesn't want to be filmed, so he's being a "ghost". Jazmine has a borderline unhealthy obsession with food and fitness. It's one thing to watch what you eat, it's another thing to go overboard with it like she does.

In my personal experience, people who work in Mental health and social services have a hard time asking for help. They're great at helping others, but miss the red flags in their own lives. I worked in Mental health for 5 years and observed that asking for help was a difficult task for us.

• Love 6
(edited)

I have to agree with Jazmin regarding the labels.  Why not promote your own label instead of some wealthy European who doesn't need your promotion?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I have to agree with Jazmin regarding the labels.  Why not promote your own label instead of some wealthy European who doesn't need your promotion. 

whose label was Britten promoting ? I'm not a designer person (outside of purses) so I wouldn't have known unless someone said. 

re: all clothing worn - what I also want to try to understand - what kind of weather was Palm springs having ? at the breakfast with the biscuts - Britten had on winter woollies and Jazmi barely can keep clothes on..

(edited)
28 minutes ago, sATL said:

whose label was Britten promoting ? I'm not a designer person (outside of purses) so I wouldn't have known unless someone said. 

re: all clothing worn - what I also want to try to understand - what kind of weather was Palm springs having ? at the breakfast with the biscuts - Britten had on winter woollies and Jazmi barely can keep clothes on..

Interesting, wasn't paying attention to the weather.

These women better stop talking about "old people on cruises."  Unless they plan on dying they'll be that age very, very soon.  

I can't stand Lia's stink face in every scene.  

I get Jazmin with the food.  I mean I don't want to eat like a pig either.   I would have cut the biscuit in half and ate that.  

Edited by Neurochick
(edited)

I missed the argument point out the vegan pho - other than how Jasmin pronounced it... It's not considered healthy? I guess it is probably a little high in sodium.. is there something else that makes it a no-no ? serving size maybe?

Good business move Jasmin - no friends as clients..

And Jas - I saw that eye roll as the designer dinner when your ex-client ordered filet minion and bone marrow (which does sound rich and fattening)

image.png.d36946ae2c10bc939361024e90228bb5.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Because she’s on a TV show called Married to Medicine.  Thus, I would like to see her marriage.  If her husband didn’t want to be filmed, the show shouldn’t have picked Jazmin and then promoted her to full-time cast member.  This isn’t a Housewives show, or a show about women carousing about LA.   This is a show with a specific format about what it’s like to be in a marriage with a medical professional.  Jazmin alone cannot meet the requirements of this show regardless of how hard she tried.

If the show is going to dispense with protocol and cast willy nilly because it’s not produced well (Lia is in the opening credits, but she’s apparently been demoted to “Imani’s friend” mid-season, which is just confusing and stupid), then I think it’s fair game for co-stars to call it out on camera.  Britten had a good point that she puts her whole life out there for criticism, and Jazmin is just hiding her husband (if she could break the fourth wall, she’d probably say he refuses to do the show).  And Britten was effective in that she did get Jazmin to say that she has been on her husband’s case about this, and there will be a time that he’s going to have to come to the forefront (aka he’s going to have to film the show).   

There is an argument to be made that Quad from the other franchise can stick around, because even though she is no longer married to medicine, she is divorced from medicine, and the divorce is after six years of her showing what it is like to be married to medicine, and divorce is one potential outgrowth from the stress of the profession.  What are Jazmin and Lia bringing to the table as far as the experience of being married to medicine?  Bupkuss.  It’s bullshit.  If Bravo is willing to pay enough, they can get five or six full couples to film their entire experience, just like they do in Atlanta. 

As far as Bethenny’s boyfriend, getting fired, he probably should never had signed on to do the show.  That was his choice, his risk.  Would Bethenny possibly have not been picked up if she didn’t bring a significant other to the table?  Maybe.  And I don’t think that would have been a great loss at all.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I missed the argument point out the vegan pho - other than how Jasmin pronounced it... It's not considered healthy? I guess it is probably a little high in sodium.. is there something else that makes it a no-no ? serving size maybe?

Good business move Jasmin - no friends as clients..

And Jas - I saw that eye roll as the designer dinner when your ex-client ordered filet minion and bone marrow (which does sound rich and fattening)

image.png.d36946ae2c10bc939361024e90228bb5.png

Jazmin probably doesn’t approve of the noodles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If the show is going to dispense with protocol and cast willy nilly because it’s not produced well (Lia is in the opening credits, but she’s apparently been demoted to “Imani’s friend” mid-season, which is just confusing and stupid), then I think it’s fair game for co-stars to call it out on camera.  Britten had a good point that she puts her whole life out there for criticism, and Jazmin is just hiding her husband (if she could break the fourth wall, she’d probably say he refuses to do the show).  And Britten was effective in that she did get Jazmin to say that she has been on her husband’s case about this, and there will be a time that he’s going to have to come to the forefront (aka he’s going to have to film the show).   

Why should the co stars call Jazmine out?  She's not one of the producers, take it up with them, after all they were the ones who cast her.  

Wouldn’t these women have signed a contract specifying which parts of their lives would be covered on the show? Real Housewives are supposed to show their whole lives (although none of them actually follow that rule). Maybe the women think Jazmin is getting special treatment.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, Neurochick said:

I'm laughing.  I used to have a friend in junior high who was just as insane about her food.  (Wonder where that comes from?) That was a HUGE hunk of cornbread.  Girlfriend isn't interested in losing weight if she's eating something that large.

Maybe subconsciously she really doesn’t want to lose the weight. Kendra says she wants to see someone she recognizes in the mirror, but that may actually refer more to the  pre-motherhood career woman she was. Could be she’s using the weight as a barrier between herself and her husband so she’s less likely to get pregnant again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wouldn’t these women have signed a contract specifying which parts of their lives would be covered on the show? Real Housewives are supposed to show their whole lives (although none of them actually follow that rule). Maybe the women think Jazmin is getting special treatment.

If that's true take it up with the producers instead of Jazmin.  

• Useful 1

I liked this episode. Even the ones who usually annoy me have shown some redeeming qualities. 

I think the husbands' advice about telling your wife to quit is valid if the wife doesn't want to quit. If a woman feels forced into a stay at home role, it can absolutely affect her sense of independence.

I think so much of Kendras identity is tied up in being a Dr. combined with the stress of a new baby= poor mental health. Although I don't agree with how she went about getting that job, it shows her desperation. Part time would have been a compromise. I'm sure she could always get more hours as time went on. 

Britten was so funny with her "They're always interested in Mommy, I AM MOMMY..." 😂

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I liked this episode. Even the ones who usually annoy me have shown some redeeming qualities. 

I think the husbands' advice about telling your wife to quit is valid if the wife doesn't want to quit. If a woman feels forced into a stay at home role, it can absolutely affect her sense of independence.

I think so much of Kendras identity is tied up in being a Dr. combined with the stress of a new baby= poor mental health. Although I don't agree with how she went about getting that job, it shows her desperation. Part time would have been a compromise. I'm sure she could always get more hours as time went on. 

Britten was so funny with her "They're always interested in Mommy, I AM MOMMY..." 😂

But Kendra was already working part time as part of their one year time off agreement. 

I think there was a lot of truth in her husband saying she was tired of the baby and wanted to get back to work. Women don't have the same level of maternal nurturing. She loves her little guy but the grunt work  in taking care of a baby of his age, the lack of sleep in dealing with a breast fed baby is draining and she's not getting the joy that some other women wax poetically about. 

However if their agreement was a full year off and Kendra started part time work to save her sanity, then Hobart is really not going to be pleased with this full time offer. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

But Kendra was already working part time as part of their one year time off agreement. 

I think there was a lot of truth in her husband saying she was tired of the baby and wanted to get back to work. Women don't have the same level of maternal nurturing. She loves her little guy but the grunt work  in taking care of a baby of his age, the lack of sleep in dealing with a breast fed baby is draining and she's not getting the joy that some other women wax poetically about. 

However if their agreement was a full year off and Kendra started part time work to save her sanity, then Hobart is really not going to be pleased with this full time offer. 

I definitely think Kendra is "not bout that life" as far as taking care of a new baby. Working is her comfort zone so to speak and she's out of her element. I didn't hear Hobart offering to cut back any hours either. They should just hire a Nanny. 

• Love 5

I think we can assume that when Kendra returns full time to work that they will hire a nanny. When she was talking about it with her mum, the only thing that concerned the mother was putting the baby on formula, not who's going to take care of him.

None of those clothes looked like designer rags to me. Not a fan of these women's wardrobes at all.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, politichick said:

I think we can assume that when Kendra returns full time to work that they will hire a nanny. When she was talking about it with her mum, the only thing that concerned the mother was putting the baby on formula, not who's going to take care of him.

None of those clothes looked like designer rags to me. Not a fan of these women's wardrobes at all.

I'm wondering what Hobart's take is on the Nanny situation since he is against Kendra going full time. Maybe that's one of his concerns? 

I didn't get the point of the designer label dinner, tbh unless Lia just wanted to get into the other ladies' closets. 

• Love 2