Type keyword(s) to search

Married to Medicine Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, politichick said:

Does she have alopecia? Her eyebrows look painted on and she's definitely wearing lashes.

Her mom said something about her starting to lose her hair from the stress when her dad left the family. I'm thinking she does have some form of alopecia.

(edited)

The preview said a few of the DRs/wives from M2M - ATL will be visiting LA.

Contessa - are you putting that MPH degree to good use ? Still wanting that surgeon general of the US job? Or are you now after to replace Dr. Fauci , so you can be on camera more?

If not are you at least putting that MD degree to good use ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Season 2!

Episode 1:

"Going Going Back Back to Cali Cali"

Contessa, Heavenly, Quad and Toya, return to the city of Angels for a girls weekend getaway. Jazmin sets the ladies up in her new luxury Hollywood Hills villa, planning an action packed weekend through her concierge business. Contessa catches up with Dr. Britten and learns some surprising things about the state of her marriage. Heavenly checks in with Imani, whose life has taken a turn. Later, at a cocktail party, Quad tries to mend Imani and Jazmin's friendship, but Heavenly’s slip of the tongue threatens to derail the whole party.

Airs May 3, 2020.

• Love 1
(edited)

I know next to nothing about this show. But, ya know, The 'Rona. 🙄

Married to Medicine Atlanta were so over-dressed for their flight.

Jazmine seems like a good hostess.

Brittain seems like she has a great life. She's an anesthesiologist, beautiful face, beautiful body, gorgeous husband & adorable kids. She's a hair too ratchet tho.

Heavenly was right: Kendra does not have a crop top body. She was also dead ass wrong for talking about that woman's husband's penis size.

The one lady looks beautiful bald. However, I might like to see her with a leeetle hair. Like an Amber Rose situation. Bald, but not shiny bald.

Quad was taking over like she was Queen Bee. Is she? I wouldn't know. Her face is soo esh-quisite I can forgive her a lot.

Also, I thought Toya looked heavy-ish from a certain angle. I saw her in an airport w/in the last year & she was tiny. I'm a US dress size 6 & she's about the same, just petite & curvy. Her face looked beautiful w/ minimal makeup. 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

So the last time we saw these women, Jazmin had not accepted Imani's sincere apology for calling her house something or another.  Jazmin is 30 and married to a Doctor.  Imani IS a Doctor and 44 years old.  Imani got on with her life.  Jazmin is still on the whole "you called my house a drug dealer house".  STILL ON THAT HORSE!  The horse is dead, died and gone to heaven.

I cannot for the life of me see Jazmin as a concierge chick. Really?  As soon as somebody asks for something she doesn't want to do, she's gonna whine like nobody's business and never ever forget about it. Ugh. What a brat.

Quad can take her big ass and her big mouth and just go on back to the ATL.  She puts her foot in it every time she gets out of her lane. Not everything she observes needs a comment or four thousand. OY!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Heavenly was right: Kendra does not have a crop top body. She was also dead ass wrong for talking about that woman's husband's penis size.

Heavenly had no business talking about that lady's husband's penis size.  For one, it was racist.  For two, who asks a total stranger about their husband's penis size.  Three, Heavenly didn't like it so much when Mariah mentioned Damon's penis size.

Having said all that, ol girl jumped up a little too fast, so her husband's penis probably is bite size.

She didn't need to be wearing that crop top, either.

23 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

The one lady looks beautiful bald. However, I might like to see her with a leeetle hair. Like an Amber Rose situation. Bald, but not shiny bald.

I think she might have some aloepecia action going on.

Is there a music industry in Oklahoma? Why can't Imani's husband start a business in California?

5 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Jazmin is still on the whole "you called my house a drug dealer house".  STILL ON THAT HORSE!  The horse is dead, died and gone to heaven

I don't think Jazmin had too much of a problem with Imani until Imani came up in Jazmin's house and didn't speak to her.  I think the both of them still have a problem with each other, not just Jazmin towards Imani.

Did Mack cheat on Brittain while he was in Orlando and she was in LA? Why is he not able to sleep in the same bed with her?

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Heavenly had no business talking about that lady's husband's penis size.  For one, it was racist.  For two, who asks a total stranger about their husband's penis size.  Three, Heavenly didn't like it so much when Mariah mentioned Damon's penis size.

Having said all that, ol girl jumped up a little too fast, so her husband's penis probably is bite size.

She didn't need to be wearing that crop top, either.

I think she might have some aloepecia action going on.

Is there a music industry in Oklahoma? Why can't Imani's husband start a business in California?

I don't think Jazmin had too much of a problem with Imani until Imani came up in Jazmin's house and didn't speak to her.  I think the both of them still have a problem with each other, not just Jazmin towards Imani.

Did Mack cheat on Brittain while he was in Orlando and she was in LA? Why is he not able to sleep in the same bed with her?

First 👏🏾 of 👏🏾 all 👏🏾! @drivethroo  Imma need you to go sit in the naughty corner & think about what you've done ----‐----------------------> 🪑 Not "bite size," Lawd!  Lol!

Yes, it was totally racist. How gorgeous was Kendra's baby tho! 😍

Oh, duh. Alopecia never occurred to me. She was shaving her head at one point, although the two things are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah, I don't get Oklahoma either. The music industry is struggling... soo, he moved to Oklahoma?! I would have thought Atlanta or Nashville. 🤷🏾‍♀️ He seemed to really miss her which was sweet.

I don't get Brittain having her kids sleep in the bed w/ her & her husband down the hall at all. At least they could all cuddle up together. But, her children are quite old enough to sleep in their own beds on a regular basis.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Just started watching. If this was such a success Thr first season, why did they have to bring the Married To Medicine (Atlanta) people to LA to start off the season (again)?

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the episode description.  It is like training wheels.  I would think this show could stand on its own if Southern Charm:  Savannah could!  Not only were Contessa, Heavenly, Quad and Toya there, but we were getting updates on their relationships with each other.  No offense to original recipe M2M (which is my favorite), but who cares?  

There was so much filler in the episode, and I’m not talking about the faces.  I mean the in-the-public-domain music playing against LA backdrops.  Sign number two this show doesn’t have a ton of content.  

Sign number three is all the flashbacks.  It was roughly half flashbacks, or at least that’s how it felt to me.

I am shocked how much Jazmin reminds me of Alexis from RHOC.  I liked her the most last season; glad she’s back and (apparently) a full-time cast member.   

Does anyone know why Britten has a southern twang?  I thought her story from last season was that she was from Chicago and she was in the armed services with Contessa, then she moved to central Florida as an adult, and now she’s in LA.  How would southern slip in?

I feel sorry for Mac that he had to downgrade his home like that and now his kids displace him in his marital bed.  I don’t think that’s healthy at all.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there had been some infidelity, because he is striking me as a man who is paying for something.  I would say the exact same thing if Britten moved for Mac and the kids were sleeping with him.  It’s not a man-woman traditional roles thing, it’s more like, wow, I feel sorry for this person that they seem to be getting screwed in their marriage, but if they are agreeing to it, what is the reason?  

Did Britten mention whether she got a job that gave her the hours she was looking for?  That was the whole premise on her reason for moving to LA, if one believed it.  

I hope Mac isn’t or wasn’t cheating, as I like him (and I generally like Scott, so it doesn’t surprise me that they were friends).  

Why does Jazmin have a twang?  Where is she from?  Why wouldn’t we spend more time getting to know the main players instead of how it’s going with Toya and Eugene?  

I don’t fully understand why Imani’s husband isn’t living with her either.  It wasn’t fleshed out well.  When she was on the walk with Heavenly, I noticed her breasts were really far apart.  You could fit a set of playing cards width-wise between them.  It looked like a job for Botched.  

Who cares about Heavenly’s opinion of Jazmin?  Shouldn’t we form our own opinions on them based on their interactions with their own cast members?  The editing felt so oddly self-conscious to me.  

Heavenly can’t call out a fat woman for wearing a crop top and then undo it by saying “body positivity.”  That’s not how this works.  I was also really ashamed that she insinuated a woman’s Chinese husband would have a small penis the first time she met her.  But, like it was stated upthread, Kendra reacted in the worst way possible.  I’m sure she knows who Heavenly and Damon are.  I’d just have said, “at least when my husband looks down, he can see his.”  I mean, that’s not nice either, but it would have been better than throwing down.  Although Kendra recovered brilliantly, and I wouldn’t say “no way in hell would I let this woman be my doctor” the way I often feel with some of the doctors who drink a lot and go crazy on TV on a regular basis.

I guess Kendra and the woman who is a cosmetic vagina doctor are taking the place of the two women from last season, the one who was insecure about her marriage (whom I liked) and the one who was torn about sending her daughter to private school?  Did they release a full set of cast bios yet?

It’s really tired for Jazmin and Imani to bring drama from last season into this season, when it wasn’t even a big deal last year.  What I did like was that they spelled it out for us.  I understood where Jazmin was coming from when she said that every time her name is googled, it is now associated with a drug dealer’s house.  So often things happen on social media between seasons that we’re not privy to, and people are just enemies when they were friends.  I think Imani was really embarrassed (even her mom was like, “why would you say that?” last season), and that’s why she ignored Jazmin in her own home, but they’re both making too much of it.  There has to be something else to fight about.

Since my post was so negative, I will say I think it will get better when the Atlanta women leave (and i hope they don’t come back), so that these women can breathe a little on their own, and something else I like about this show is that they write the names of the neighborhoods on the screen so we can figure out where they live in relation to each other.  I wish they would do that with more shows.  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

is this a lipstick fashion tread we need to copy? 

No.

34 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Since my post was so negative, I will say I think it will get better when the Atlanta women leave (and i hope they don’t come back),

The only one that should've been there would be Contessa, as Britten's friend.  There was no need for any of the others.

40 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

There was so much filler in the episode, and I’m not talking about the faces.  I mean the in-the-public-domain music playing against LA backdrops.  Sign number two this show doesn’t have a ton of content.  

They should've spent more time introducing Dr. Kendra and the other new doctor (vagina rejuvenation lady?)

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I see a divorce in Britten's future. Her husband looks miserable. 

I don't get the kids sleeping in Britten's bed every night.. all night..

Her kids are a little too old for that and most likely they always have their own beds/ bedrooms in FL, as Britton commented how large the house was. Bedroom Family fun time yes - on occassion.

But if her HUSBAND knows every night he has to got to bed elsewhere and say "see you guys in the morning? Didn't even put up a fight ?  Is Britten sure he doesn't already have a bag packed ??

scooby_no.gif.e9054597155420636e2eea970708483e.gif

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, sATL said:

But if her HUSBAND knows every night he has to got to bed elsewhere and say "see you guys in the morning? Didn't even put up a fight ?  Is Britten sure he doesn't already have a bag packed ??

The only way I can see that happening is if Mack stepped out on Britten while she was gallivanting in L.A., that's the real reason she headed back to Orlando at the end of Season 1, they decided to work it out and stay together.  Mack wants the marriage to work out so he agrees to move to L.A. and he doesn't put up a fuss about not sharing Britten's bed because he knows he lost his privilege to be in it.

If this is what really happened, I can't put 100% of the fault on Mack as far as the breakdown of the relationship is concerned.  I'd also be concerned because with the quarantine, real estate sales aren't really happening so Mack may not be able to make a living.  If he feels a disconnect from his wife and he feels like he's useless and unable to contribute to the household, I don't see it ending well for them.  This is all speculation of course.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I cannot for the life of me see Jazmin as a concierge chick. Really?  As soon as somebody asks for something she doesn't want to do, she's gonna whine like nobody's business and never ever forget about it. Ugh. What a brat.

I don’t think she personally provides the services. She hires and sends people out to do the work. There is good money to be made in the concierge services business. 

Heavenly and Quad in LA?!? Nooo!  OMG, they were lucky they weren't thrown over the side of the cliff.  I dislike them in ATL and absolutely despise them in LA.  Actually, all of the ATL women suffered by comparison.  My opinion only, I like the LA women so much more.  I believe they are more sophisticated, look better/healthier, and more are employed.  

The ATL women appear to be the country mice and they don't know it.  Quad and Heavenly, do your own thing but don't do it in LA.  You aren't cool enough.

• Love 2

It was nice to see Heavenly admit to being wrong, but I still feel like she picks her mark. She's all 'Team Jazmin' right now for whatever reason but obvioulsy tried to antagonize Kendra. I'll be back next week when we (hopefully) get into L.A's cast without the ATL drama. 

• Love 1

I don’t want to see Heavenly on ATL, so don’t need to see her here.  Is the asymmetrical cut back?  She deserved the overreaction.  She makes terrible comments and tries to cover with that cackle, but it was just a matter of time for someone to really go off.

Still not a fan of Jazmin, but also not a fan of Imani especially now that I know she’s besties with Heavenly.

Britten is still my favorite.

• Love 4

Ugh. I stopped watching ATL because of fugly Big Pig Heavenly, and now they've got that hog's fugly behind in LA. LOVED what @albarino said up-thread about the "country mice." Ha! So true. To think that Big Pig Heavenly came on the show with all her, "Servin' the Lord" and "Servin' my huzzbin," and now she's just a dirty old thirsty sewer rat doing anything she can for camera time. I hope her racist, body-shaming behind is shown the door. Criticizing people when you're as mean as a snake and looking like Shrek. Nasty old hag.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

If Imani’s behavior is affected by issues about her dad and people she’s known in the past totally betraying her, is she in the best position to practice psychiatric medicine?  What ever happened to doctor, heal thyself? 

I hate when parents refer to themselves as “mommy” or “daddy” to their kids, like Shanique did.  I would think speaking in the third person would confuse kids.  It’s downright insulting to a 10 year old.  

Ok, I’m just going to say it:  Hobart seems like he’s 16.  He seems really cool though.  

Mac wasn’t joking last season when he said Britten had to search far and wide for a home. If they lived any further out, it wouldn’t be in LA; it would be in Ventura.  I can only imagine the traffic.  The whole thing seems like a step back. 

I thought I liked Jazmin, but if her husband’s picture is blurred, we’re clearly not going to meet him, and Jazmin is not a doctor, so what is she doing on a show called Married To Medicine?  We can’t even get her son’s first name.  That shit would never fly on the other show.  I’m already tired of her incessant talk of her eating habits.  You don’t eat; we get it.  I just don’t really care.  

So, once again, why is Phil gone?  I still don’t feel like we got an explanation.  Why doesn’t Imani just say Phil’s opening a dispensary?  I didn’t even know he was doing that; last season it was music, but why not just say that?  Is Imani shy about marijuana?  I doubt it.  Opening a dispensary doesn’t make him any more of a drug dealer than a pharmacist.  I think there’s a big problem in their marriage if he’s been gone for three months, and no one knows when he’s coming home. 

Leave it to Contessa and Britten to not put on Waze and be extremely late to Britten’s own party.  Contessa is a selfish, passive-aggresssive, non-communicative asshole on her show, and Britten strikes me the same way.  Kicking her husband out of the marital bed so she can sleep with her kids is something that I can’t really judge, because I’m not in their marriage, but they keep highlighting it and it makes me uncomfortable.  What is the viewer supposed to do with that, laugh?  I think that situation is sad, and I don’t enjoy it as a storyline.  

I can’t imagine this taking off when the Atlanta women finally leave (although it’s really time for them to leave), unless Kendra is interesting and I just haven’t picked up on it yet.  I miss Asha from last season.  Bravo doesn’t seem to have confidence in this cast if it didn’t get a reunion last year, and they keep bringing in pinch hitters, yet they couldn’t have found better doctors and doctor’s wives in all of LA?

• Love 2

Episode 2:

"Prepare for Backlash"

ast call at Jazmin's cocktail party brings a surprising resolution between her and former nemesis Imani; with Britten's best friend Contessa and her ATL friends in town, Mack throws an upscale birthday bash for Britten that takes her by surprise.

Aired May 10, 2020.

15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If Imani’s behavior is affected by issues about her dad and people she’s known in the past totally betraying her, is she in the best position to practice psychiatric medicine?  What ever happened to doctor, heal thyself? 

I hate when parents refer to themselves as “mommy” or “daddy” to their kids, like Shanique did.  I would think speaking in the third person would confuse kids.  It’s downright insulting to a 10 year old.     

So, once again, why is Phil gone?  I still don’t feel like we got an explanation.  Why doesn’t Imani just say Phil’s opening a dispensary?  I didn’t even know he was doing that; last season it was music, but why not just say that?  Is Imani shy about marijuana?  I doubt it.  Opening a dispensary doesn’t make him any more of a drug dealer than a pharmacist.  I think there’s a big problem in their marriage if he’s been gone for three months, and no one knows when he’s coming home.   

So in my totally non-scientific experience, some of the most jacked up people I know are psychiatrists. They know enough to know they have problems, but too much to actually try to fix them. I've got a dear friend that's a top child psychiatrist in NY, whose got a medical bag full of issues and kids that are complete hellions. It never fails.

Shanique is of Jamaican decent - they do lots of interesting references - ("I & I" instead of "me" using "all" when describing someone else "him all" "them all", etc. I don't think kids get confused. Hell, given how little grammar gets taught in schools these days, it probably seems quite normal to them.

Opening a dispensary isn't a small task. It requires a fair amount of start up capital, and a lot of hands on work (no pun intended). I'm not surprised he been gone three months or that the permanent move back to LA has question marks. Imani says he's been coming home once a month, which seems about right. I'm not sure why any of this is anyone else's business, or is a problem. Britten was away from her family with just about the same schedule and no one even blinked.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I miss Asha from last season.

I don't even remember who that was, lol !

The new doc with the asian husband doc- I kind of like them, they're cute together. They have potential and him having a small weenie or a 3rd leg for a dick makes no difference to me.  

If we can't see Jazmin's husband and she's not a Dr. then kick her perfectly sculpted ass to the curb. Why were they partying in some rental house? I'm surprised Heavenly hasn't torn her to shreds because she's so unbelievably judgemental.

Britten and Contessa are way too extra when they are together. Calm down, ladies. You're not in college anymore.  Britten's husband is hot, hot, hot! Those eyes! She needs to bring him back to her bed or they aren't going to last very long. That woman is not thinking clearly. I kind of zoned out but why was she so late to her own party? Why didn't she go with her husband? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't even remember who that was, lol !

The new doc with the asian husband doc- I kind of like them, they're cute together. They have potential and him having a small weenie or a 3rd leg for a dick makes no difference to me.  

If we can't see Jazmin's husband and she's not a Dr. then kick her perfectly sculpted ass to the curb. Why were they partying in some rental house? I'm surprised Heavenly hasn't torn her to shreds because she's so unbelievably judgemental.

Britten and Contessa are way too extra when they are together. Calm down, ladies. You're not in college anymore.  Britten's husband is hot, hot, hot! Those eyes! She needs to bring him back to her bed or they aren't going to last very long. That woman is not thinking clearly. I kind of zoned out but why was she so late to her own party? Why didn't she go with her husband? 

It's big enough to make a baby (don't recall if they needed extra assistance), so that is 1/2 of the job requirement.

I think the hubby went ahead to the party to check over last minute details. I didn't get why Contessa drove. Granted GPS is a godsend, but if someone lives there and probably knows somewhat of the area, it makes sense for them to drive.

It is a little surprising that Dr. Scott didn't also come to hang out with his old buddy - Mack. They must have been good friends if Scott ( and probably a little bit of Contessa) introduced him to Britton.

Edited by sATL
On 5/8/2020 at 8:42 PM, StevieRocks said:

Ugh. I stopped watching ATL because of fugly Big Pig Heavenly, and now they've got that hog's fugly behind in LA. LOVED what @albarino said up-thread about the "country mice." Ha! So true. To think that Big Pig Heavenly came on the show with all her, "Servin' the Lord" and "Servin' my huzzbin," and now she's just a dirty old thirsty sewer rat doing anything she can for camera time. I hope her racist, body-shaming behind is shown the door. Criticizing people when you're as mean as a snake and looking like Shrek. Nasty old hag.

I stopped watching ATL for the same reason!  I just discovered LA and binge watched Season 1 and looked forward to Season 2 and my new found “loyalty” was rewarded with Heavenly on my tv screen for episodes.  Bye bye Heavenly, don’t let the door hit you on your way out!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Shanique is of Jamaican decent - they do lots of interesting references - ("I & I" instead of "me" using "all" when describing someone else "him all" "them all", etc. I don't think kids get confused. Hell, given how little grammar gets taught in schools these days, it probably seems quite normal to them.

I hear it across Bravo, though, regardless of the cultural origins of the parents.  Melissa Gorga on RHNJ still calls herself “mommy” in the third person to her tween and teenaged kids, and I think it sounds horrible.  If grammar isn’t being taught in the schools, that’s even more of a reason to teach it at home IMO.

4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I'm not sure why any of this is anyone else's business, or is a problem. Britten was away from her family with just about the same schedule and no one even blinked.

I think it becomes our business when Imani puts her business on TV.  I know Phil isn’t Imani’s son’s biological dad, but it appears he took on that role, and I think he should be in the family home raising his stepson unless there is a really compelling reason not to be there, such as being deployed in the armed services or leaving for a short period to make a windfall so that he can be around to parent more in the long run.  

I for sure blinked when Britten left her family last season.  I believe I wrote in the thread that she was California dreaming, and it wasn’t fair to her husband and kids.  I’m still critical of it, and I’m critical of Contessa for leaving her family to get a degree that she could have gotten locally.  I think that kids thrive in two-parent environment, and while there are exceptions, obviously, every effort should be made for the parents to be together raising their children.  

I don’t deny adults the right to mold and shape their lives however they want, but once kids are in the picture, I think parents have to put their needs second.  That’s a big reason I don’t have kids.  I want to be able to move across the country on a whim.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why were they partying in some rental house?

It was Jazmin's rental house she put the ATL girls in and she was smart for having it showcased on the tv show.

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm surprised Heavenly hasn't torn her to shreds because she's so unbelievably judgemental.

Heavenly knows who to come for and who to stand down with.  Jazmin is not as dumb as she appears ... I saw that last season.  However this mystery about her husband...either show him or go back to being a friend of the show.

4 hours ago, sATL said:

It is a little surprising that Dr. Scott didn't also come to hang out with his old buddy - Mack.

Because Scott is at home holding down the fort, again, while Contessa goes galivanting around.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

So in my totally non-scientific experience, some of the most jacked up people I know are psychiatrists. They know enough to know they have problems, but too much to actually try to fix them.

Same here - psychiatrists and clinical psychologists - I’ve seen a lot of them, including one who does marriage counseling but isn’t a fan of marriage as an institution.

I wish Bravo would bring back Mexican Dynasties or Family Karma rather than this, but that probably won’t happen.

• Love 2
On 5/4/2020 at 1:54 PM, drivethroo said:

The only way I can see that happening is if Mack stepped out on Britten while she was gallivanting in L.A., that's the real reason she headed back to Orlando at the end of Season 1, they decided to work it out and stay together.  Mack wants the marriage to work out so he agrees to move to L.A. and he doesn't put up a fuss about not sharing Britten's bed because he knows he lost his privilege to be in it.

If Britten is THAT resentful, then she should just get a DIVORCE and tell those kids to sleep in their own beds, those kids are too old to be sleeping in the bed with their mother.  I wonder if she breast feeds them too.

• Love 1

Jazmin's body is sickening: legs? cut. booty? quarter-bouncing. waist? snatched. But the food talk made me cringe. You can have abs and actually enjoy food, I promise. It's...actually not that hard. 

• Love 1

Episode 3:

"Housewarming Home Wreckers"

Britten and Kendra bond over their biracial backgrounds; Shanique blindsides Robert with her desire for a life change; Jazmin struggles to forgive Imani for their beef last year, while Imani confronts rumors about her husband.

Airs May 17, 2020.

I only half-watch this show because it's just okay. But I think Shanique and Jazmin are extremely annoying. Nobody cares about Jazmin and/or her husband, so I'm sure they didn't "go through hell". Imani was wrong wrong wrong to say that Jazmin's husband. But you can't compare a weed dispensary (which is legal in several states) and then screech "the hypocrisyyyy". 

• Love 5

I thought it was refreshing for Kendra to say she has no idea how to raise a baby as an OB-GYN, as she’s done with the babies after they come out.  I could never imagine Dr Jackie on M2M say something as lighthearted and vulnerable as that.  

I kinda wish Shanique would go ahead and quit her job.  I don’t get the sense that the family needs the money, or that she finds fulfillment in it.  I think she has a job as a defense mechanism, so that people can’t label her just a stay at home mom (cough Imani cough).  Who cares what people say?  Live your best life. 

I’m so glad the Atlanta women are finally gone!  The show is twice as good now.  It’s still limping though.  

That was interesting tea that Imani went to Cancun with Britten and Mac without Phil.  I’m starting to see the writing on the wall.  I am tired of hearing about Imani and Phil being in Essence magazine.  It feels like smoke and mirrors.  Yes, you are both successful professionally.  What does that have to do with the fact that your husband lives halfway across the country?

Kendra said she’s a size 16?  I wonder where she shops.  She looks like an 18 or 20 to me.  She was so much thinner in that airport photo.  I guess it’s just baby weight, only...she was thinner when she was pregnant in that “all money” outfit.  

I am really not a fan of the dynamic going on between Britten and Mac.  She tells her kids that “mommy saves lives and daddy just builds things”?  That’s really not cool.  How about if Mac told their kids, “Daddy gives people shelter; mommy just makes people comfortable when they get cosmetic surgery”?  Why don’t they lift each other up?  Even if it’s “kidding,” kids pick up on the tension.  

Jazmin is boring with “clearing the air.”  Did she really say that Imani ruined her life by intimating that Jazmin’s home looked like it was owned by a drug dealer?  Let her go on another Bravo show where they actually accuse each other of taking and dealing drugs.  Get over the dispensary shit, puh-leaze.

I get that some mental health professionals are fucked up.  My best friend from high school’s parents were both psychologists and they were mental.  But they weren’t on reality TV.  If I had an episode that required me to be on an involuntary hold In the psych ward and once I was out and I switched on the TV and I heard my doctor saying of course she was vain and crying on the way to work and shit was up in the air about her husband, I’d feel really strange, like who is this person to make any judgment calls about my mental health and sanity?  Imani isn’t just a little messy; she’s a bundle of issues this season and last.  I’m really not a fan, even if I can side with her against Jazmin when Jazmin is being ridiculous.  

I feel like an entire episode of this show is about as eventful as any given segment on a less boring Bravo show.  Last season got eight episodes.  I feel like I’ve got just enough of an attention span for five more episodes, no more.  Next week looks like more of the exact same thing only in costume, yay!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Shanique vs Trial Size

Trial Size does have a right to be concerned about Shanique quitting the property management job, because the property management job is steady whereas real estate is not.  There's no guarantee Shanique will get into selling luxury homes; she might be selling some of the Flip or Flop or Compton drive by houses while she gets started (although she has a huge advantage: her network of doctors and doctors' wives).  If money isn't a concern, let Shanique quit the property management job and do real estate.  She can set her own hours.  Try it and see.

Jazmin vs Imani

While Jazmin did have a valid concern about what Imani said, Imani apologized and Jazmin accepted it so let it go and move on.  Yes, it is ironic Phil is now selling drugs after Imani alleged something shady was going down at Jazmin's house but who cares where Phil is.  Where is YO huzbin?

Imani/Phil ... Britten/Mack

Why would Imani go on couples trip by herself with Mack & Britten without Phil? He can't take a few days off from the dispensary to vacay with Imani?

Minh vs. Chef White Guy

Minh was looking at the chef like black people look at Karen from accounting with the raisins in her potato salad.  It looks like Mama Minh got the chef together about that rice.

Lia vs. Shanique -----------Kendra

Kendra didn't have anything to do with the situation at hand so why did Shanique feel the need to embarass Kendra by revealing (months later) what Lia said about it.  Granted, what Lia said was true but Shanique was just being messy to get at Kendra (Kendra's house had them nice views...🙃.) by throwing Lia under the bus.

Hobart is hilarious. That's all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

the way hobart produced that microphone out of nowhere? i hollered.

shanique and jazmin are immature. they're women who are unhappy with their identities. if shanique became a luxury realtor and jazmin's investment business actually take off, they'll probably calm down. 

yes, imani is dismissive of jazmin, but they're not friends. she's like me -- if i don't have to entertain you, then i won't. we'll be cordial and keep it moving. also, how many times must i apologize for the same thing? girl gone. 

did not like the way shanique's husband was talking to her on some, "i need an itemized list/plan". i'm sorry, but are you her husband or her father? she felt belittled and i agree with her. she was fully on board for her PHT (putting hubby though) when he was getting his MD, so he needs to understand that it's his turn now. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Grandma really is pushing "Similac" milk.... gosh - what she have stock in the company? She just didn't say formula.... it's got to be Similac.  Per Grandma "...Kendra can be doctor, and a career mother and she can have a kid. She can have it all. But she can't breastfeed..."

I guess seeing Kendra hooked up to a breastpump would make grandmom run out to get case of Simlac...

Was a little surprised to hear Kendra made a reference some Asian women's views on breastfeeding. Her mom might have her own opinions, but let's not put that on  an whole ethnic group.

Grandma  looked beautiful in the picture with her dad in his Marine Dress Uniform.

Britton - that comment about the mask looking freakish and dangling the baby over the balcony was uncalled for. Downright mean. Actually given the times, Bravo should have did a re-edit of the TH and cut it out.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
(edited)

So Imani's friend Lia, is a boss?  Not with a hairline that's going back to her ears?  That's from too much weave.  She'd look better with a wig.

Imani thinks she's all that because she's a doctor?  She looks down her nose on Jazmin for some reason.  Girl bye.  I've worked with doctors and researchers for over 30 years; some of them are fine, but some of them are very fucked up.  And Imani, you are a doctor, you don't need to talk like you're hanging out on Lenox Avenue.

Minh was looking at the chef like black people look at Karen from accounting with the raisins in her potato salad.

Who is Karen from accounting?

shanique and jazmin are immature. they're women who are unhappy with their identities. if shanique became a luxury realtor and jazmin's investment business actually take off, they'll probably calm down. 

I disagree.  I like them.  They seem sweet, not the type of women who always act like they're ready to fight someone i.e. Imani and Britten. 

Maybe Imani's husband, like Jazmin's husband doesn't want to be filmed.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

Episode 4:

"Hollywood Night of Terror"

It's Halloween in the city of Angels; Britten, Mack and the kids experience their first LA trick-or-treat theatrics; Kendra gives Hobart a fright when she gives him news that may upend their lives; Imani is haunted by her wedding anniversary.

Airs May 24, 2020.

• Love 1

So the plot thickens.  Mack is always traveling.  I still don’t think the kids should be in the marital bed, but I think there’s trouble in paradise.  On both ends.  I don’t think their daughter is acting up because of puberty.  

What problem did Shanique have with Lia?  I must have tuned out last episode and missed it.  I guess I have four more episodes to figure it out.  Does Lia have a storyline?  Have we seen her home?  The season is half over.  

Imani did not sound like a professional in that small part of the interview they showed her doing.  She sounded like a lay person, like a man on the street.  I was surprised she couldn’t even pronounce the condition in her talking head if she did an interview about it.  

Did Dr Robert get the same memo as Dr Aydin on the other show that a physician is supposed to wear his stethoscope home from the office?  I find that so hokey; we get it, they’re doctors.  The doctor’s coat with the ID badge over scrubs and a stethoscope is overkill.  

Imani seems really preoccupied with her sex appeal.  She keeps telling us how sexy she is. I’m not seeing it.  Aggressive?  Yes.  Full of herself?  Yes.  Sexy?  I don’t think she’s sexy.  People who are sexy do not try this hard.  

This episode picked up a little bit with the group Halloween outing, but they didn’t click without Britten.  Kendra is probably the next “star” of this franchise, but she’s not able to carry the show yet.  

I think this show would be better if it were just a half hour.  It’s not like the other show, which is fine, and until it can find its footing, maybe we should just see a truncated version.  I’m never really going to find Shanique compelling by herself.  Twenty-two minutes of these women would be just fine.  

• Love 4
(edited)

My Buddy is getting on my nerves with how he talks to Shanique.

Hobart would have to be sleeping in another room.  Don't bring those germs around me!

Why is Imani telling this group her business? Jazmin & Shanique are not your friends.

Kendra should actually be mad at Shanique for playing runteldat instead of Lia.

Britten & Mack's son needs to find his way back to his own bed.  And Britten, you can't expect your husband to have dropped his entire business life on the east coast because you wanted to move to the west coast to get on TV.  He can live in CA and still practice real estate in FL.  He probably has to start all the way at the bottom as far as getting his California real estate license.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 2

Lil Man is a Fun Snatcher (Trina Braxton™️). Why would he allow the children to go trick or treating only to tell them they can't eat the candy? Have the children never been trick or treating before? That "I'll replace the candy" bit was utter b.s. otherwise he would have already had replacement candy. The way he speaks to his wife is shitty.

I don't know what's up w/ the one little girl's bad attitude. Isn't 8 a little young for puberty? I don't think it's helpful to have the whole thing airing on national television. & for Cripes sake, why can't they tell the little boy to sleep in his own bed when daddy's home!? Read him a bedtime story & tuck him in. It's not that hard. They are a beautiful couple though & have kind of a ride or die vibe.

I'm only watching this because of the 'Rona.

• Love 5

These are some messy, messy bitches.

Britten and Mack definitely are having problems and I agree that's likely what Ivy is reacting to. This sleeping in his child's bed and the child in his is no bueno.

I don't know what to think of Imani and her marriage. They seem to get along well on the phone, but who knows. I don't usually like one shoulder dresses, but loved that red number she was wearing. Her friend Lia's scalp/edges are snatched. As soon as people start seeing the damage emerge, they seriously need to put the weaves away.

Jazmin's husband is totally missing in action. I wonder if he's doing a Kelsey Grammer on her, so she can establish a presence and he can hit the road, though I totally get it if he does not want to be on this shit show.  I do wonder where all the money comes from, however.

The one married to the little man is a ditz.

If Kendra's husband is germs enough to have to wear a mask all the time, why the bloody hell was he out? Over how long of a period have they been filming, I wonder, because he's been wearing that mask for what seems like forever.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, politichick said:

These are some messy, messy bitches.

Britten and Mack definitely are having problems and I agree that's likely what Ivy is reacting to. This sleeping in his child's bed and the child in his is no bueno.

I don't know what to think of Imani and her marriage. They seem to get along well on the phone, but who knows. I don't usually like one shoulder dresses, but loved that red number she was wearing. Her friend Lia's scalp/edges are snatched. As soon as people start seeing the damage emerge, they seriously need to put the weaves away.

Jazmin's husband is totally missing in action. I wonder if he's doing a Kelsey Grammer on her, so she can establish a presence and he can hit the road, though I totally get it if he does not want to be on this shit show.  I do wonder where all the money comes from, however.

The one married to the little man is a ditz.

If Kendra's husband is germs enough to have to wear a mask all the time, why the bloody hell was he out? Over how long of a period have they been filming, I wonder, because he's been wearing that mask for what seems like forever.

and/or just the move. clear across the country for a reason that isn't clear in a child's mind. 

Mack said that "he doesn't know how other people with money keep their kids.." and Britten added" in check" - huh? He lost me with that one.  I agree with Britten - money, too much or not enough, shouldn't prevent a parent from "checking" a 9 yr old.

Didn't one of the ladies have a child that was either going to a new middle school and was having issues, relating to the adjustment, or am I getting shows confused? There was a segment on the mom and teen going shopping for school uniforms..

Kendra grew up in South Central and went back to practice in South Central? Commendable... just wonder how she can swing that on a financial basis...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Britten & Mack's son needs to find his way back to his own bed.  And Britten, you can't expect your husband to have dropped his entire business life on the east coast because you wanted to move to the west coast to get on TV.  He can live in CA and still practice real estate in FL.  He probably has to start all the way at the bottom as far as getting his California real estate license.

Very, very true.  Britten should tell her son to sleep in his own room, he might cry at first, but he'll get over it.

6 hours ago, politichick said:

Why was Lia even there if she wasn't invited.  If I'm not invited somewhere then I don't go.  BTW, if I had a hairline like Lia, I wouldn't talk about anybody, in fact if I had a hairline like Lia's I wouldn't show myself on TV.  Lia should be happy I'm not on this show because I'd tell her to lay off the weave because her hairline looks like it's behind her ears, plus she can miss me with that stank face of her.

18 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Lil Man is a Fun Snatcher (Trina Braxton™️). Why would he allow the children to go trick or treating only to tell them they can't eat the candy? Have the children never been trick or treating before? That "I'll replace the candy" bit was utter b.s. otherwise he would have already had replacement candy. The way he speaks to his wife is shitty.

When I was growing up you didn't eat loose candy but if it was in a wrapper it was okay.

6 hours ago, politichick said:

azmin's husband is totally missing in action. I wonder if he's doing a Kelsey Grammer on her, so she can establish a presence and he can hit the road, though I totally get it if he does not want to be on this shit show.  I do wonder where all the money comes from, however.

Maybe he doesn't want to be on this lousy reality show.  I guess there money comes from where people's money comes from.  BTW, have we seen Lia's husband?  Will we see Imani's husband this season?

4 hours ago, sATL said:

and/or just the move. clear across the country for a reason that isn't clear in a child's mind. 

I used to have a friend whose dad was an artist and they lived in Jamaica for three years, she was about 10, she was okay with it.

Edited by Neurochick
18 hours ago, sATL said:

Mack said that "he doesn't know how other people with money keep their kids.." and Britten added" in check" - huh? He lost me with that one.  I agree with Britten - money, too much or not enough, shouldn't prevent a parent from "checking" a 9 yr old.

Didn't one of the ladies have a child that was either going to a new middle school and was having issues, relating to the adjustment, or am I getting shows confused? There was a segment on the mom and teen going shopping for school uniforms..

Kendra grew up in South Central and went back to practice in South Central? Commendable... just wonder how she can swing that on a financial basis...

Yes, this was Dr. (Nicole??) who's daughter was having a problem adjusting to the move from public to private school for middle school. Both she and Asha did not return this year. While I think Asha's husband put the kibosh on having the discussion about trying to conceive the baby he clearly did not want on tv, I think Nicole either left voluntarily or was hit with the dreaded B label (boring).

• Useful 3