Type keyword(s) to search

Married to Medicine Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, sATL said:

ok...I'm still LMAO over " this is a house where you come to rest your soul".... of all of the comments I've heard on the hgtv-type shows - that comment made my day ! 743285436_rofl-lmafopix.jpg.4dd2f7073e87d904c4879f119cb580b5.jpg

Pretty sure you have no soul to rest, if you've already sold it to be on reality TeeVee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, sATL said:

Showing poor newly middle-school Gabby some love and a hug,..❤️

Gosh.. what a delimnia.. cross b/w tween drama, new school blues (sounds like she would have to change schools anyway based upon matriculation) and not  having the ethnicity that she is used to.

Then as a parent, Dr Noelle, who has worked hard to have the resources for the best education money can buy and probably enjoy school name dropping (yeah - that happens with some parents of kids in k-12 prestigious schools)  - to just hear your child is unhappy to the point the school nurse is calling you.

A zero on a math test given in the first 5 days of school ? I would deal with that issue separately from the rest.

Any body did research on the middle school that she is in? From what I could make out of the emblem on her blue shirt - "Westchester Lutheran"

It is up to Dr. Noelle to get involved in school.  Make friends with the moms. Get those play dates and friendships going. 

Kids are happier when their parents are involved in their school activities.

Get the daughter involved in sports, etc.

Her mom owns a med spa and yoga studio. Should not be that difficult to make friends with the other moms.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Because Imani is PRESSDT that she doesn't have 4 Bentleys and a Tony Montana Drug Dealer house on a psychiatrist salary.   She's pressed because Jazmin can sit around all day in skimpy clothing and drive the Bentleys and live in the drug dealer house while she & her husband have to budget.  But we don't know what's in Jazmin & her husband's pockets.  One or both of them could've gotten an inheritance, somebody could've won the lottery, somebody's parents could've given them the money for the house,  They could've invested very well.  They could have side businesses.  Jazmin could be a model.  She could have a side business taking photographs.  Or she could be a personal trainer.  We don't know how Jazmin & her husband make their money and we don't need to know.

You're so right.  I can't stand people who are all, "how does so and so afford..."   I don't know and I don't care, worry about your own damn self Imani.

• Love 4
(edited)

Agreed.  I thought she just meant the house was tacky (which is true) but not nice, but trying to figure out how Jazmin (still not a fan) and her husband make their money and not seeing how she’s wrong for doing it is another thing.

Speaking of counting other people’s money, Britten and her husband need to expand that budget by another 6 million to get anything close to the equivalent of what they have in Florida and add a helipad because there’s no way I would live that far from work.  It’s bad enough trying to get anywhere when you live in the city.  Even if they lived where the rich folks live, the houses are usually right on top of each other.  They need to adjust their expectations to square feet instead of acres unless they have Beverly Hills housewife money or move to Baker or Barstow.

Also what is PRESSDT?

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 2

What ticked me off about Imani is she did not even realize how ignorant she sounded.  She acted just like that store (I think it was Barney's) who went to arrest a young black woman because she purchased an expensive bag.  She bought it with her income tax check; but the store thought she either stole it or stole someone's credit card to get it.  At any rate, the store was racist because the real issue was, they did not think someone who looked like her had any business buying an expensive bag; just like Imani thought that Jazmin's husband had no business with that house. 

It's NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS IMANI.  

I'd never go to her, she needs a psychiatrist herself.

• Love 5

I didn't like the fact that Dr Imani referred to her patients as "crazy" but other than that, I'm meh on her right now. 

Shanique is still cute but she likes to instigate. Very strategic telling Jazmine about the infamous comment ON THE WAY TO her event. Jazmine did get a bit defensive IMO. 

Asha is just too Scarlet O'Hara for me......and scene.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I just caught what   Dr Noelle said... on the 1st date with her now hubby , they went back to her apartment....

she goes on about him taking down the Christmas tree...

Now all know that's not why you got that man to your apt.... And I doubt he was all that interested in post-holiday decor..

tenor.gif.4f3293ca24820f7d82503c0396b92cc9.gif

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, drivethroo said:

Women are physically able to conceive and bear children until they hit menopause.  The average age of menopause is in the early 50s.  While it it may be harder to conceive, it's not impossible. 

But . . . the thought of getting pregnant at 50? Yikes! I hit 39 and randomly thought "Oh, I'd be retirement age when a kid graduated from college if I got pregnant RIGHT NOW!" and then I got scared and sad.  LOL!

On 3/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, sATL said:

I didn't understand Dr Bitten reason behind the job search-move..she said there is only one way setting to do her speciality.  Orlando is a decent size city and there has to be places where people would need her service besides a major hospital like where you get colonoscopy, plastic surgery, oupatient surgery, etc. 

Britten is currently (well, in show time), working as a locum tenens dr, meaning she's basically a sub and just fills in as needed for people who are out.  But, what she was saying is that the only opportunities for her in Orlando are in a hospital, with 12 hour (or longer) shifts.  In LA, because of the amount of plastic surgery centers, there is a much wider variety of options available to her, with better hours.  If you watched that show Dr 90210 back in the day, or Botched now, all of the drs had their own surgery centers and they all had their own staffs.  On Dr 90210, one of the, Dr Li, was in practice with her husband who was an anesthesiologist, she'd do consultations on certain days of the week, operate a couple days, and things were fairly scheduled.  As practices grow, they tend to add drs, so different ones would operate different days, and Britten would have more of a Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm schedule. 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Rlb8031 said:

Black women do feel a way about Barbie. If you are of a certain age, Black Barbies were hard to find. You couldn't get one, and even when you did, she had a very particular look which was not reflective of the spectrum of Black womanhood. And it's not just Black girls. Ask any white/Latina/Asian girl who has black hair if they grew up frustrated at the limited number of dolls that looked like them and you'll see they say yes.

I was a white kid raised by hippies who was not allowed to play with Barbie.  I certainly can't speak to how black women feel about Barbie, but, I can say there are a lot of white women who have issues with her too.  

On 3/24/2019 at 11:43 PM, HunterHunted said:

I specifically thought she meant more along the lines of what you said. Humongous with tacky decor weirdly not enough furniture and doesn't feel particularly lived in. It kind of reminded me of Dana/Pam's house on season 2 if RHoBH. It was such a strange house and when they asked if she had just moved in, she said no. Just strange.

It reminded me of Tre and Joe's house from RHONJ.

• Love 7

Episode 6:

"Defective Crystal Ball"

Britten's mission hits a snag as her husband reaches his breaking point; Imani's mother gives her some hard truths about her father; the women take part in a psychic reading, and no one is ready for what the spirit world has to say.

Airs April 7, 2019.

(edited)

can't wait to hear Britten's hubby and/or the pyschic has to say about the move/house finding/job in LA.... 🍿

Edited by sATL
(edited)

I stared for 5 minutes wondering if/how Dr. Britten can blink..

DrBrittenEyes.jpg.8a698d75c099ce0999bc4ea623ebbbd7.jpg 

The ladies left a good party, looking good, with their man on their arm, drinking, dancing, cake, I assume food- to go up stairs for ???  I'm disappointed.. something when wrong somewhere...

I'm with Dr. Britten - truth or not, I'm heading back downstairs..

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Britten’s husband is a ‘real estate developer.’  Why are they not talking about his job?

What exactly is he going to develop in LA???

We all know she is moving to LA to do the show.  Not so much doctor work as that can be done anywhere. (Despite what she says) 

Something is FISHY between those 2! 👃🏻🐠

• Love 4

I think we now know why Jazmin is a friend and not a full cast member: because her husband doesn't want to be seen or mentioned on the show.

Jazmin was being silly when she didn't accept Imani's apology and she was being extra by having her own Old Lady Gang there for protection.  However, since Imani implied Jazmin's husband's money was funny in front of other people and in front of the cameras, her apology needed to be in front of other people and in front of the cameras.

Mbele spraying the air was too funny to me.

Mack has some purty green eyes.

Britten does not want to go back to Orlando.  In next week's preview, it's claimed that she has no friends in Orlando.  Since Britten is not from Orlando, Florida or even the East Coast, I wonder if Mack is from there or has family ties to Orlando/Florida and that's why he's not trying to move to LA.  I don't know why Britten can't seek work in Atlanta, Miami, DC or NYC. 

(edited)
17 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Britten’s husband is a ‘real estate developer.’  Why are they not talking about his job?

What exactly is he going to develop in LA???

We all know she is moving to LA to do the show.  Not so much doctor work as that can be done anywhere. (Despite what she says) 

Something is FISHY between those 2! 👃🏻🐠

He can develop property in FL and live in LA. I've gone to community meetings in my NYC neighborhood and met the developers of a couple of multi-unit properties in my neighborhood. They both live full-time in FL and only come to NYC for meetings. It's not unusual, especially for people looking to live tax-advantaged.

I wonder if Mack is from there or has family ties to Orlando/Florida and that's why he's not trying to move to LA.  I don't know why Britten can't seek work in Atlanta, Miami, DC or NYC. 

I believe Mack is from there. Britten mentioned that her kids were home with their grandparents.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Britten does not want to go back to Orlando.  In next week's preview, it's claimed that she has no friends in Orlando.  Since Britten is not from Orlando, Florida or even the East Coast, I wonder if Mack is from there or has family ties to Orlando/Florida and that's why he's not trying to move to LA.  I don't know why Britten can't seek work in Atlanta, Miami, DC or NYC. 

Mack doesn't want to give  up that house/suburb/land. which it does sound beautiful.

Notice how he has issue with every single home she finds?

AND... if he is in real estate - he will be giving up his contacts and have to re-build/re-brand.

NYC - they will have the same house hunting issues. They will be too far out from where she will find work. for a property that Mack will find acceptable. Actually ATL too - to get a house like that one will be in traffic, of some unwanted agravating kind... Remember Dr Simone and her 2 houses ???

"the grandparents" could be her folks. Many of those who live in the midwest do snow-bird or retire where it is warm and sunny. Those Chicago winters, snow shoveling and grey sky  days do take a toll...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I'm still confused why they think Jazmin's husband is a drug dealer. While that house looks crazy - it also looks like it is a small plot in an okay area. The surrounding homes are more normal looking. I know there are some exclusive, old pricey neighborhoods, but I don't know enough about LA real estate to identify if that is where they live.

But can't there be different earning levels of psychiatrists? Dr Imani works with the less fortunate, I would imagine her max earning potential has to be less than some of the private practice ones because of that. Maybe her husband works with athlete's (he looks like he works out) and other wealthy individuals. In that case, his earning potential might be pretty high.

• Love 6
(edited)

I liked that Jazmin just told Imani the truth about herself.  Imani said that shit on camera about Jazmin's husband and I'm glad Jazmin was like, "you apologize in FRONT of MY mother and aunt."  And if Imani can call Jazmin "Barbie," then I can call her "Baldy."  

BTW, to call something "cold" isn't a Chicago thing.  The used to say it in NYC too; and I didn't know that Chicago was the only place they did "stepping."  Learn something new every day.

That intuitive?  Don't know what to say about her.  She seemed strange.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

Finally- a reality show mother with some sense- Love Imani’s Mom! 

Seing as Mack is a real estate developer, why isn’t HE in charge of house hunting?! (Physicians are notoriously bad at business matters- left brain/right brain ). 

• Love 2

Dr Britten's husband just doesn't want to move, period. He was counting on her crashing and burning in L.A. and now that she's thriving, he's using the housing situation as the excuse. If he's in real estate then surely he understands the first rule.... location location location. No way youre going yo replicate those Orlando digs in tinsel town. 

Asha is perfect for the Soaps. Im not sure why she thinks shes such a better dancer than Dr Noelle 🤔 

Jazmin comes through with a split up to her eyebrows asking "where's the bar?". This won't end well. And did she understand what 11:00 meant cauuuuuuse she was looking everywhere else. She's super petty and immature and probably thinks it's cute. She was going to call Imani a hater to her face, apology or not. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Finally- a reality show mother with some sense- Love Imani’s Mom! 

Seing as Mack is a real estate developer, why isn’t HE in charge of house hunting?! (Physicians are notoriously bad at business matters- left brain/right brain ). 

imo Imani’s mom could’ve taken some responsibility for saddling her daughter with a lowlife father - quite a cop-out to be unwilling to deal with emotional things. 

• Love 2

No one gets married and has a kid with the expectation that the marriage will fail. I can’t fault Imani’s Mom anymore than I could my own mom ( failed marriage/ deadbeat Dad). Kudos for encouraging Imani to try and accept the situation for what it is. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, nexxie said:

imo Imani’s mom could’ve taken some responsibility for saddling her daughter with a lowlife father - quite a cop-out to be unwilling to deal with emotional things. 

I don't think this is a fair statement - no person is responsible for their significant other's drug habit. She had sex with some point with someone who developed an addition so bad that he chose drugs over his family. That does not mean that he was an addict when Imani was conceived, or that she should be taken to task for choices that her partner made. He was around until Imani was ten, which implies that there was some period between her conception and his disappearance where he was capable of coping enough to be in her life regularly. As I see it Mom wasn't unwilling to deal with Imani's emotions, she dealt with it by saying "don't wallow in self-pity - he is who he is, and he's not coming back". Is that the best way to deal with a grieving 10 year old? Probably not, but not every person breaks down when bad things happen. If her way of coping was "keep it moving" I can see her trying to pass that down to her child. 

• Love 7
On 4/9/2019 at 1:15 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Dr Britten's husband just doesn't want to move, period. He was counting on her crashing and burning in L.A. and now that she's thriving, he's using the housing situation as the excuse.

He clearly doesn't, and she clearly doesn't want to move back to Orlando - and she's also not here for the "live an hour and 20 minutes away from everything" scenario that Mac wants in order for him to have land. (I don't blame her; that would be a very hard no from me, dawg.) They're at odds in terms of where they see themselves living and they're not really addressing it. Each side is hoping the other will give up.

• Love 5

Episode 7:

"Dog Tags of Summer"

The women come back to earth after their psychic reading goes off book, leading them to suspect Noelle of masterminding it; Imani sees her half-sister for the first time ever; Britten hosts a pool party; Shanique and Robert fight over her work.

Airs April 14, 2019.

Dr. Imani is so fake!  The whole dad and sister thing...hahahaha!

It is kinda made up for her storyline.

She was laughing the entire time talking on the phone with her ‘sister.’

I guess she is trying to be a TV Psychiatrist.  Or, go on Family Therapy reality tv.

She wants drug dealer money!

Why are they gonna keep talking about the same things....again?

STFU....Britten!  

No more Lemon Squeezes! 🍋🔨

• Love 1

what kind of DR says "kids can stay up until 10 - 10:30 ?"... If there is a professional that preaches kids need 8+ hours of sleep. For some reason, I didn't think urgent care stayed open past 8..

And as horny as he acts - I'm surprised he wouldn't want the kids down before he gets home..

Actually keeping Jazim's husband a mystery does bring and interesting  twist to a RHO* type show..I remember watching a a tween show where there was an unseen character the mentioned - for several seasons ( link ).  .

Have we seen a scene where all of the men of the show get together for a chat/outing -which should have happened when Mack was in town.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, sATL said:

what kind of DR says "kids can stay up until 10 - 10:30 ?"... If there is a professional that preaches kids need 8+ hours of sleep. For some reason, I didn't think urgent care stayed open past 8..

And as horny as he acts - I'm surprised he wouldn't want the kids down before he gets home..

Actually keeping Jazim's husband a mystery does bring and interesting  twist to a RHO* type show..I remember watching a a tween show where there was an unseen character the mentioned - for several seasons ( link ).  .

Have we seen a scene where all of the men of the show get together for a chat/outing -which should have happened when Mack was in town.

Imani’s father is the ghost cast member this season.

They know Jazmin’s husband is not on the show.  The way they keep bringing him up on camera is petty. 

Especially Imani.  She is mad jealous of Jazmin.

That Gypsy lady was coached.  This is why she wanted the ladies to say their names. Because, that one girl filled her in on the gossip.  Hahahahahah.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, sATL said:

He's an emergency medicine physician (in an ER) which I think means that along with his regular rotation, he's got unpredictable hours when he's the doc on call.   I wasn't paying full attention during this part of the conversation but he also referenced some new expanded role (Director of something or other?) that would have him home even less reliably.   

The keeping the kids up later thing.   Grrrr.  If he'dve came at her with more sensitivity, I might've been a little sympathetic but, his delivery?  No, church.   He sounded like a selfish little bastard.  I'll wake em up because I ain't seen em all day.  Getting em back to bed is your problem.  Ay @Empress1?  Living husband and gluten free finna keep us wrinkle-less for 40 years gul.  Lol.   That having been said, has there been something about Shenique's job that we've seen/heard her do that keeps her overwhelmed by work like that?  Didn't she have time to brunch with Jazmin in the middle of the day on one episode?  Did she not also have time in the middle of the day for a gummy bear jacuzzi photo shoot during another?   On camera, she's received a phone call about one of their units flooding (fixable by phone) and another time when her property manager needed to find a key (fixable by phone) - if she's busier than this at work, I'm gone need one of ya'll to point out what I don't see.   Anyway if my husband's thing was we don't need the money, I couldn't call mommy'shelpers.org fast enough.  

• Love 5

This show does not hold a candle to the original. They talk about the same old things each and every episode. The husbands suck and are no fun like our Atlanta hubbies. As for that idiot who wants his kids to stay up till 10 or 11 so he can say, hello, does he know what an asshole he sounds like? What's he going to do when the children are falling asleep at their school desks?

I don't like the three non-doctors. Two of them have child-like voices that would be extremely irritating to hear on a daily basis. Jazmin is an empty barrel.  They all suck, though. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

He's an emergency medicine physician (in an ER) which I think means that along with his regular rotation, he's got unpredictable hours when he's the doc on call.   I wasn't paying full attention during this part of the conversation but he also referenced some new expanded role (Director of something or other?) that would have him home even less reliably.   

The keeping the kids up later thing.   Grrrr.  If he'dve came at her with more sensitivity, I might've been a little sympathetic but, his delivery?  No, church.   He sounded like a selfish little bastard.  I'll wake em up because I ain't seen em all day.  Getting em back to bed is your problem.  Ay @Empress1?  Living husband and gluten free finna keep us wrinkle-less for 40 years gul.  Lol.   That having been said, has there been something about Shenique's job that we've seen/heard her do that keeps her overwhelmed by work like that?  Didn't she have time to brunch with Jazmin in the middle of the day on one episode?  Did she not also have time in the middle of the day for a gummy bear jacuzzi photo shoot during another?   On camera, she's received a phone call about one of their units flooding (fixable by phone) and another time when her property manager needed to find a key (fixable by phone) - if she's busier than this at work, I'm gone need one of ya'll to point out what I don't see.   Anyway if my husband's thing was we don't need the money, I couldn't call mommy'shelpers.org fast enough.  

I'm gonna give you five stars for this. I kept thinking that she needs to take a week-long work trip out of town and leave him with those two kids to care for and he'd figure it out. Actually, based on his responses, he'd probably fly in his mama, hire full-time overnight care and have Uber on speed-dial to get the kids to school. He struck me as being the "throw money at it then be like 'I didn't have any problems'" type.

My takeaway was that he sees her job as being "cute" but far less important than her serving as mother with all the traditional roles. She (rightly) was like - "this here hustle was what paid for at least one of those degrees, so you better respect it". However, for him its simply a placeholder until she can become the full time Mocha Mommy she's supposed to be.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I'm gonna give you five stars for this. I kept thinking that she needs to take a week-long work trip out of town and leave him with those two kids to care for and he'd figure it out. Actually, based on his responses, he'd probably fly in his mama, hire full-time overnight care and have Uber on speed-dial to get the kids to school. He struck me as being the "throw money at it then be like 'I didn't have any problems'" type.

My takeaway was that he sees her job as being "cute" but far less important than her serving as mother with all the traditional roles. She (rightly) was like - "this here hustle was what paid for at least one of those degrees, so you better respect it". However, for him its simply a placeholder until she can become the full time Mocha Mommy she's supposed to be.

3 girl, that last one just got outta diapers.  He would figure it out and in a gottam hurry too.  Yup, he sees her income as supplemental.  If so, good, but he's also a really shitty mcgitty about seeing it as unimportant if it what keeps her going.  I'm glad she pulled his collar and reminded him that it was what kept them both going when he was still in school.   She traded square footage for arrogant napolean complex.   

Spoiler

The preview looks like it has him trying to make up for being an asshole with some old tired ass publix flowers and a take out.   

tenor.gif?itemid=7551542

Girl, I guess.

image.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Exactly this. Shes right to want to keep her job. Can you imagine how he would act if she stayed home??? No thanks. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

actly this. Shes right to want to keep her job. Can you imagine how he would act if she stayed home??? No thanks. 

Yup. He seems like the type to feel like she’s beholden to him if he was the sole breadwinner. Nope for that. 

I really enjoyed how Jasmin was so determined to get in the pool. She needed to show off her bikini bod no matter how cold it was. I don’t hold it against her though, her body really is amazing. 

• Love 3

This iteration suffers from the same issue as the Houston version. Every group event seemed forced to make us believe that there was a history between the women. On ATL, the women knew each other in some capacity whether it was through their spouses, existing patient-doctor relationship, etc. I know Britten and Imani went to the same med school (maybe at the same time) but it seems like they barely know each other.

Jasmine and Danielle from RHONJ must have the breast surgeon.

Edited by NotChristine
  • Love 2

Episode 8:

"A Bond That Will Never Be Broken"

Britten has to make a difficult decision that has repercussions for everyone; Robert throws a surprise dinner for Shanique; Asha updates Noelle on her potential pregnancy; Imani reunites with her long-lost sister; Imani throws a rooftop event.

Airs April 21, 2019.

since the producers made the  sub-story of Imani;s sister of great importance...

why did it take 14 years of telephone conversations from sister and son to fly from ____ to LA to see Imani ? Were they both awaiting for the father's blessing to see each other ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 4/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, NotChristine said:

This iteration suffers from the same issue as the Houston version. Every group event seemed forced to make us believe that there was a history between the women. On ATL, the women knew each other in some capacity whether it was through their spouses, existing patient-doctor relationship, etc. I know Britten and Imani went to the same med school (maybe at the same time) but it seems like they barely know each other.

Jasmine and Danielle from RHONJ must have the breast surgeon.

This is what I thought at first too.   But Asha and Noelle grew up together and along parallel lines until Noelle went to med school.  Then on last night's episode Britten and Imani were in a picture together as teenagers.  So it seems like even if they're not besties now, they've also been familiar with each other for a realy long time.   Shanice's husband Robert and Asha's husband Larry did their residences together.    The only odd duck is Jazmine and her phantom husband.

Did it bother anybody else every time Imani's sister said something like:  yeah dad told me opr dad texted me.....    lemme get this straight, you not only have a whole nother daughter, but you speak to her every day and I gotta chase you down to answer a text because I haven't seen you in 20 years??   That would fuck with my entire mind body and spirit, for good. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Did it bother anybody else every time Imani's sister said something like:  yeah dad told me opr dad texted me.....    lemme get this straight, you not only have a whole nother daughter, but you speak to her every day and I gotta chase you down to answer a text because I haven't seen you in 20 years??   That would fuck with my entire mind body and spirit, for good. 

So much this!  It’s great the sisters finally got together, but wow with their father...inexcusable.  It would be so hard to be in the moment and not have misplaced anger or jealousy gnawing at the back of your mind.

This franchise was okay, but not must watch tv.  

• Love 3

I totally agree and cringed every single time the sister mentioned their father. And she'd say "our father." That had to sting like crazy.

I would not be sad if this show wasn't renewed. The only one I was remotely interested in was Britten, but I am not pressed. There was nothing compelling going on with any of them and their personalities were annoying and very teenage like. The bonds between them are so weak, as well. They could never get as real with each other as the Atlanta girls do.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2019 at 1:47 AM, sATL said:

.I remember watching a a tween show where there was an unseen character the mentioned - for several seasons ( link ).  .

Degrassi ... Heather Sinclair was mentioned for like 8 seasons but was never shown.  They even cast her sister, but never showed HER.

8 hours ago, sATL said:

why did it take 14 years of telephone conversations from sister and son to fly from ____ to LA to see Imani ? Were they both awaiting for the father's blessing to see each other >

Time (and money), I suppose.  I have family members with siblings on the other side of the US...they don't have the time or money to fly to the other side of the country to meet & spend time together.  So, they interact on social media.

Realistically, Britten should be on Married to Medicine: Atlanta since she's already besties with Contessa.  Find a medical position in Atlanta and commute from Orlando to Atlanta.  That way she can be on TV, work near home and Mack/kids could stay in the same house.

What makes the husbands on M2M Atlanta work is the husbands are all friends outside of the women.  On M2M:LA Larry & Too Short know each other, Too Short and Phil know each other, but Noelle & Jazmin's husbands are not really in the group.  So the husband dynamic doesn't work.

I would watch this show for a season 2.  It's a nice filler summer show.  However, if it came back, I doubt Britten would be back because Mack is not going to put up with her working in L.A.   The minute she gets her start date in L.A., Mack is going to come up with reasons and excuses as to why she can't take the L.A. job.

• Love 4

I think another season with probing around Jazmin's husband with a new cast member or two would be tolerable.

Dr. Britten's husband is probably hoping that she will get comfortable in Orlando. I mean, what sense does it make moving back and forth? If they cant find something with her living there how on earth will they manage with her in Orlando? 

I'm not buying that this is the first meeting between Dr. Imani and little sis unless they haven't really been keeping in touch. Somethings not adding up. 

Jazmin and Asha are both very reluctant to let go of the butthurt. Idk maybe there's truth to the "shade"? 

On 4/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

This is what I thought at first too.   But Asha and Noelle grew up together and along parallel lines until Noelle went to med school.  Then on last night's episode Britten and Imani were in a picture together as teenagers.  So it seems like even if they're not besties now, they've also been familiar with each other for a realy long time.   Shanice's husband Robert and Asha's husband Larry did their residences together.    The only odd duck is Jazmine and her phantom husband.

I think those were just two separate teen pictures. One was of Britten on prom night, the other showed Imani with two other classmates. Britten is from Chicago, I believe. I've missed several episodes so I don't know where Imani was raised.

Edited by Iguessnot
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

I think those were just two separate teen pictures. One was of Britten on prom night, the other showed Imani with two other classmates. Britten is from Chicago, I believe. I've missed several episodes so I don't know where Imani was raised.

Imani also went to Xavier for undergrad. . Which means Imani knows Contessa. Imani is from NY .

http://doctor-imani.com/

Edited by sATL