Type keyword(s) to search

Married to Medicine Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I'm surprised that nobody brought up the topic of the bald head. Maybe y'all are unfazed bye a bald headed woman, but I'm not. I don't find a bald headed woman attractive. I think a woman always looks better with some hair on her head whether it's short or medium or long. And it especially irks me when ball headed woman acts like she's all that and a bag of chips because she's wearing no hair! She's got a lot more going for her then to think that it's her bald head that defines her. I'm also a bit surprised that her husband goes for it though, because most men, and especially black men, don't want no bald head woman. But if he's happy with it and she's happy with it more power to them!  I don't like looking at it though and not sure if I'll be able to continue watching this show as I find it visually disturbing.  I also don't know what Dr Imani is talking about when she says that there are no black doctors in LA.

I think she may have alopecia or some other medical issue. I noticed last night that while she appeared to have acne on her face, her head is perfectly smooth and unblemished. I've had two friends that suffered from alopecia (a guy and a woman) and both had the same flawless skin on their heads - you can't see any pores or hair follicles. Both of them opted to not cover their heads with hats or hairpeices within 4-5 years of being diagnosed. Even if it isn't, I think she is a physically striking woman, with her height and she pulls off the no hair thing really well. Her glasses, makeup and accessories always accentuate her looks.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

It is my observation that biracial people with black mothers are more comfortable embracing their black ancestry than not.  Upon learning Britten's black parent was her mother, I was not surprised she identifies as black.  Having said that, she needs to sit down on the doll discussion because there has always been a doll that looks like her.  I'm assuming everyone in this cast is in their 30s so I know there were black Barbies and Christies for them to play with.  The problem is that even though there have been black Barbies & Christies for little black girls to play with, children, black and white, are ingrained from a very early age that black is dusty, dirty and bad and this is what Asha & Noelle were referring to.  It's easy to dismiss the impact of what dolls look like if the dolls that are desired look like you.

I think Jazmin meant there wasn't a doll who looked like HER, meaning her complexion.   I'm a bit darker than Jazmin and Christie didn't look like me either, however, I had one and I also had a "Julia doll" who was based on the TV character Diahann Carroll played.

Why did Imani have to say the house looked like a "drug dealer's house."  Couldn't she have said it looked like something out of "Dynasty?"  (that's what I thought).

As for her being bald and black men not liking a woman with a bald head.  Not all black men are alike.  My friend hates to see weaves/wigs on black women, so there is that.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Black women do feel a way about Barbie. If you are of a certain age, Black Barbies were hard to find. You couldn't get one, and even when you did, she had a very particular look which was not reflective of the spectrum of Black womanhood. And it's not just Black girls. Ask any white/Latina/Asian girl who has black hair if they grew up frustrated at the limited number of dolls that looked like them and you'll see they say yes.

As for the drug dealer thing, I a little surprised so many people heard what she said as "Her husband is a drug dealer". What she actually said was THE HOUSE look like IT was owned by a drug dealer. It was a statement on the tacky decor- which she wasn't the only one to comment on. One of the other women likened it to something "straight out of Dynasty". 

And I don't think Imani has decided to be the angry black female. I think she simply recognizes that many people will see her that way, no matter how she acts, so she doesn't even bother to try.

Hahaha!  I think that is also what the drug dealer comment meant. Next week they will use the right word to describe Imani.  Hater. Yea, people are going to see her that way is she keeps telling us. She has issues with herself. She doesn’t have her dad’s acceptance and it bothers her......which is her storyline. WHY?????? 🙄

Maybe this makes her feel less beautiful. Maybe not outside...but, inside.

I think she is gorgeous. I like her unique look. I have seen a lot of black women look just like her. She is obviously an intellectual. So, a plus! 

I can see your point on the Barbie doll.  Whatever color of hair Barbie had or outfit/theme......she still had the same body (sex bomb supermodel) and the face of an Euro woman. 

Growing up Latin in the Caribbean you see all the looks. You grow around diverse looks because we have the most mixed DNA. Everybobdy is beautiful. It is a beach culture....so, you see everyone in a bikini since baby.

You see the bad, the good and the ugly.

By the time you become a teen, if you have a little cellulite or soft belly....Ah...you don’t freak out because by then you have seen hundreds of people just like that.

Not saying you want it! You just know it is normal....not a flaw.

I didn’t realize you were supposed to look like your doll!

It was your toy!

I also played outside a lot. So, if I ran around, got dirty, wrestled (wrestling was a huge thing back then).....I wasn’t acting like a prissy Barbie doll....despite loving everything Barbie.

I think kids needs to play a lot of different games not just dolly. Outdoors, bike riding, skateboard, sports, cards, board games, video games, etc.

I was shocked how they reacted to the Barbie theme.  Like they were offended and rude about it. I am not a doll, .....blah, blah, blah! 

I cannot remember all their names, yet...but the yoga dancer doctor has a face like Barbie. She is really pretty. She acted pretty strongly against Barbie.

I feel I had a healthy view of all women growing up. I am not sure Latin women get caught on hair color.  That can be changed. Like I said, I changed mine to red for a few years, because I loved my cousins red hair. Copy-kat! Lmao 

I think maybe for Latins it is a little different. We are all the same ethnicity, but can have any look purely from our own DNA.

Not due to modern mixed marriage that changes your ethnicity. We are very unique in this way.

Yara Shahidi just got her own Barbie.  She is black, Persian and gorgeous!

• Love 3

Yeah.. joining the club here who really didn't play with dolls. I thought they were scary.

There is a Halos commercial that pretty much described me as the little girl telling her parent to DRIVE ( IE peel out)   at the end while  eating a Halo   ( link to commercial )

RE: Barbie :  according to google - " The first African American doll in the Barbie range is usually regarded as Christie, who made her debut in 1968. Black Barbie was launched in 1980 but still had Caucasian features "

1979-Black-Barbie.jpg.0e04849f6d5a4e2bf5518b7a2eec772b.jpg      christie_barbie.thumb.jpg.3d474a9b8c84258bcd07d87d3efff782.jpg

Edited by sATL
5 hours ago, sATL said:

Yeah.. joining the club here who really didn't play with dolls.

Me neither. I liked books and games and puzzles and I had a few stuffed animals. I liked to play outside, especially once I learned to ride a bike, and I liked to play dress-up/"let's pretend." People bought me dolls when I was little, as you do with girls, and I wasn't into it. The dolls were all brown though. My aunt gave me a Black Barbie when I graduated from high school (she was in a cap and gown) as a joke. My brother had a Black My Buddy doll.

Britten & Mac's Florida house is MASSIVE. I guess they're not worried about their carbon footprint. That's too much house for me. The Barbie party host's house is too much house for me too (and that was waaaaaaaay too much pink. Appropriate for a Barbie-themed party but I only like pink in small doses).

On 3/19/2019 at 3:39 AM, sATL said:

Yeah.. joining the club here who really didn't play with dolls. I thought they were scary.

There is a Halos commercial that pretty much described me as the little girl telling her parent to DRIVE ( IE peel out)   at the end while  eating a Halo   ( link to commercial )

RE: Barbie :  according to google - " The first African American doll in the Barbie range is usually regarded as Christie, who made her debut in 1968. Black Barbie was launched in 1980 but still had Caucasian features "

1979-Black-Barbie.jpg.0e04849f6d5a4e2bf5518b7a2eec772b.jpg      christie_barbie.thumb.jpg.3d474a9b8c84258bcd07d87d3efff782.jpg

That first barbie reminds me of the show Get Christie Love

Episode 4:

"Truth Bombs"

Britten is faced with an ultimatum from Mack; Dr. Imani throws a Truth, Trust and Transparency party to finally settle the drama between Shanique and Asha, but new revelations threaten to split the friendship circle wide open.

Airs March 24, 2019.

Kinda bummed they immediately went to "let's have the women fight" as the dramatic narrative. Come on, Bravo, do better. 

I think Dr. Imani is gorgeous! 

Edited by bref
  • Love 1

I don’t like Asha.  Is she that insecure in her marriage?  She acted like she was a character on a bad soap opera.

I don’t know how to feel about Imani.  That drug dealer comment....she said she’s been in drug dealers homes before?  I wonder why.  The comment sounded ignorant to me, like someone watched Scarface too many times.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
On 3/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, Rlb8031 said:

As for the drug dealer thing, I a little surprised so many people heard what she said as "Her husband is a drug dealer". What she actually said was THE HOUSE look like IT was owned by a drug dealer. It was a statement on the tacky decor- which she wasn't the only one to comment on. One of the other women likened it to something "straight out of Dynasty". 

I specifically thought she meant more along the lines of what you said. Humongous with tacky decor weirdly not enough furniture and doesn't feel particularly lived in. It kind of reminded me of Dana/Pam's house on season 2 if RHoBH. It was such a strange house and when they asked if she had just moved in, she said no. Just strange.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t like Asha.  Is she that insecure in her marriage?  She acted like she was a character on a bad soap opera.

Usually when you're the side chick that got picked or the rebound woman who got chosen by default, you will feel insecure.

While Shanique & Rob were being messy by inviting Yellow Doctor to the party as well as Asha & Larry, Shanique & Rob have the right to invite whomever they want to their party.  Shanique did give Asha a heads up that Yellow DR was going to be at the party so if Asha chose to come to the party anyway, that's on her.  You will note Larry didn't come to the party...he claimed he "had to work."

For me, if I'm invited to a party, my husband's ex-fiancee/girlfriend is going to be there and he isn't going to the party, then I would not go to the party either.  If I do decide to go to the party, knowing she will be there, I would keep it easy and breezy, pleasant, speak to everyone and keep it moving.  I wouldn't let her or any one else at the party see me sweat.

I've changed my mind on Jazmin.  I think I like her and I don't understand why she's not part of the main cast.

Also to add about the party: Shanique told Asha at the sit down that she shouldn't have come to the party and that she only came to the party so she could put on like she was the victim.  If Asha hadn't come to the party the narrative would've been that she was insecure; she shows up to the party, the narrative is that she's insecure.  So I will repeat what I said before: Asha should not have gone to the party without Larry but since she did, she should've keep it easy and breezy and not let them see her sweat.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 4

Meh Shanique and Jazmin are a little too pretentious for me, but good for Jazmin for bringing up her issue with Imani even though we have to wait until next week for the outcome and have to keep revisiting Asha’s drama.  I don’t like the way Asha fights.  Don’t pull in everyone else, handle it yourself.  Shanique is a smaller, less annoying version of Heavenly.  

Can we talk about Asha’s reading?  That made me uncomfortable.  “Let’s try sassy.”  Was that staged?  Really?  In this me too Oscars so white moment, we’re really asking for sassy out there in the open on camera?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Can we talk about Asha’s reading?  That made me uncomfortable.  “Let’s try sassy.”  Was that staged?  Really?  In this me too Oscars so white moment, we’re really asking for sassy out there in the open on camera?

The casting guy shouldn't have said "sassy" but Asha's first reading was "meh."  The second sassy reading was more lively.

Unless the public middle school is shitty and violent, I don't think Noelle should pull her daughter out of a diverse environment and stick her in an all white environment, especially in these Make America White Again times.  All white is not better and IMO can be detrimental to black children.  There's got to be a private school with a little more diversity in it.  To Noelle's credit, she did know when she enrolled her daughter in that school there could be problems.  Middle school is challenging enough for children of all races; add some racism to the mix and that's not good.

8 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I don’t like the way Asha fights.  Don’t pull in everyone else, handle it yourself.

Asha was so used to Noelle jumping up and being her guard dog that she expected Britten and Imani to be her guard dogs too.  The problem with expecting Imani & Britten to be her guard dogs is Imani & Britten believed Shanique when she said she told Asha prior to the party that Yellow Dr. was coming and then Asha did confirm Shanique did call her and tell her Yellow Dr. was going to be at the party.  So if you knew before the party Yellow Dr was going to be there or might be there, why are you putting on like you were shocked and ambushed by Yellow Dr.'s presence at the party?  Neither Imani or Britten was going to guard Asha from that and they shouldn't have.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Unless the public middle school is shitty and violent, I don't think Noelle should pull her daughter out of a diverse environment and stick her in an all white environment, especially in these Make America White Again times.  All white is not better and IMO can be detrimental to black children.  There's got to be a private school with a little more diversity in it.  To Noelle's credit, she did know when she enrolled her daughter in that school there could be problems.  Middle school is challenging enough for children of all races; add some racism to the mix and that's not good.

I agree with this.  I wonder though if the private school is more prestigious, easier to get into college coming from a school like that, rather than a public school.  I know that was true when I went to high school in the 1970's, I'm sure it's true today too. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

The casting guy shouldn't have said "sassy" but Asha's first reading was "meh."  The second sassy reading was more lively.

Asha was so used to Noelle jumping up and being her guard dog that she expected Britten and Imani to be her guard dogs too.  The problem with expecting Imani & Britten to be her guard dogs is Imani & Britten believed Shanique when she said she told Asha prior to the party that Yellow Dr. was coming and then Asha did confirm Shanique did call her and tell her Yellow Dr. was going to be at the party.  So if you knew before the party Yellow Dr was going to be there or might be there, why are you putting on like you were shocked and ambushed by Yellow Dr.'s presence at the party?  Neither Imani or Britten was going to guard Asha from that and they shouldn't have.

Where do they live that this kid can't go to public school?  Sigh.  It's a challenge.  Bear with me while I try to say this properly.  If private school tuition is a non-essential and disposable function of wealth, statistically we are likely to be underrepresented in enrollment, no?   Yeah she's gonna be sad for a minute because it's a change.  While I agree with you that white doesn't mean better, I do think what private education offers vs. public (depending on your district) does mean better.   She said she wanted to put her kid on a premed track despite what baby girl told her.  Schools funded by tuition and alum contributions don't deal with challenges like huge student to teacher ratios, inaccessibility of extra curricular programs and an inability to attract motivated talent.  I made this choice as well.  I wasn't finna wait around to see whether my kid's public school was shitty or violent.  It wasn't race specific for me.  I would have loved for her to see more of herself represented in school but to be a have in a have-not environment?  Nope.  I understand Noelle's daughter's angst, but it's a difficult thing to explain to an 11 year old.  Figuring out how to navigate your place in a room where nobody else looks like you is the world at large.   If she's being prepped to become a 1%er she may as well go on and get used to that.   

See she's making us take sides with shittiness.   Imani and Britten were like:  girl we had your back because we thought you were surprised.  You were in the sister circle talmbout ohhh, you invited her?   Come to find out Shenique told you in advance....?  What are we even doing in this fight?   Why is there even a fight?   What was supposed to happen that didn't?   I don't really dig Shenique but I'm not understanding what Asha wants from the situation.   Noelle telling her there wasn't supposed to be another woman at that party more important than you (Shenique) was odd.   I was like well duh, but until Asha made her important, she wasn't.  She was over there having a drink with the fellas and stopped through when she heard her name.  

• Love 5

If the white children at the school are picking on her daughter because of her race, and she does not have the tools to combat that, whatever educational benefits she may receive from the private school will be null and void.  You don't have to enroll a kid in a school to know if it's crappy/violent; if it's violent, you'll hear about it on the news, if it's crappy, you'll know by test scores and lack of programs.  Unfortunately, the more "diverse" a school is, the more likely it is to be lacking those programs and benefits.

Having said that, if you are coming from a diverse environment and you are thrown into a homogeneous environment without any mental preparation, it will not end well.  Noelle has got to instill in her daughter that while Becky & Ashley may not think she belongs there, or may make fun of her because of her race*, she is there to excel and shouldn't pay any mind to what Becky, Ashley or her white teachers may have to say, and that she belongs there just like they belong there because her momma can pay the tuition just like their mommas can pay the tuition.

That's a lot for a middle school aged child to deal with, on top of the challenges of being in middle school.  Noelle's daughter has got to have that support and the tools to help her through.  Perhaps she can get an invite to Jack & Jill or find some other groups for her daughter to socialize in.

As someone who went to a whitey mcwhite PWI in a whitey mcwhite white white part of my state (at the time, 98% white) who came from a very diverse HS in a very diverse part of my state it is critical to have those tools and that support to make it through because you'll be dealing with kids who don't think you belong there as well as teachers/instructors who don't think you belong there.  Many of the people I started out with could not handle the whiteness and transferred to more diverse school.

I don't think Shanique made Dr. Yellow's presence important.  Somebody else brought it up, then Heavenly brought her over; Dr. Yellow was minding her business with other party guests.  THEN Asha pretended that she was ambushed by Dr. Yellow's presence.  While Shanique & Too Short were being messy, ASHA is the one who made Dr. Yellow the most important woman at the party.

*We don't know that the other kids are picking on Noelle's daughter because of her race, but even if they aren't, the girl needs to know how to carry herself i/fwhen MAGA classmates and MAGA teachers go on the attack.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

If the white children at the school are picking on her daughter because of her race, and she does not have the tools to combat that, whatever educational benefits she may receive from the private school will be null and void.  You don't have to enroll a kid in a school to know if it's crappy/violent; if it's violent, you'll hear about it on the news, if it's crappy, you'll know by test scores and lack of programs.  Unfortunately, the more "diverse" a school is, the more likely it is to be lacking those programs and benefits.

Having said that, if you are coming from a diverse environment and you are thrown into a homogeneous environment without any mental preparation, it will not end well.  Noelle has got to instill in her daughter that while Becky & Ashley may not think she belongs there, or may make fun of her because of her race*, she is there to excel and shouldn't pay any mind to what Becky, Ashley or her white teachers may have to say, and that she belongs there just like they belong there because her momma can pay the tuition just like their mommas can pay the tuition.

That's a lot for a middle school aged child to deal with, on top of the challenges of being in middle school.  Noelle's daughter has got to have that support and the tools to help her through.  Perhaps she can get an invite to Jack & Jill or find some other groups for her daughter to socialize in.

As someone who went to a whitey mcwhite PWI in a whitey mcwhite white white part of my state (at the time, 98% white) who came from a very diverse HS in a very diverse part of my state it is critical to have those tools and that support to make it through because you'll be dealing with kids who don't think you belong there as well as teachers/instructors who don't think you belong there.  Many of the people I started out with could not handle the whiteness and transferred to more diverse school.

I don't think Shanique made Dr. Yellow's presence important.  Somebody else brought it up, then Heavenly brought her over; Dr. Yellow was minding her business with other party guests.  THEN Asha pretended that she was ambushed by Dr. Yellow's presence.  While Shanique & Too Short were being messy, ASHA is the one who made Dr. Yellow the most important woman at the party.

*We don't know that the other kids are picking on Noelle's daughter because of her race, but even if they aren't, the girl needs to know how to carry herself i/fwhen MAGA classmates and MAGA teachers go on the attack.

Ok.  But I was responding to the implication that Noelle thinks the school is better because it's white/non-diverse.   The school's better because it's privately funded.   It's white because the parents of students that would make it diverse don't have similar access to disposable income.  Overall though, in my opinion, the chance that racism may abound is the very last reason not to be present.     

Yeah.....that's what I said.  Lol.

• Love 1

Is "Dr. Yellow" a reference to her skin color? Like how that's used as a slur for lighter-skinned black people? Please let me know if I'm off base here, but that seems...not cool. 

• Love 1

Does anyone get the feeling Mack doesn't want to move to LA? It sounds like his housing demands/preferences are few and far between.  What if they don't agree on a property in six months ?  Some of their discussion should have taken place before Dr Britten left- one can view available homes online.

I missed why/how they ended up in Orlando in the 1st place.

I.ve never looked for real estate in LA but I know it's almost impossible to the size, style and neighborhood/lot size that you would find in the south without it costing a  very pretty penny. Actually I couldn't imagine getting a 30 yr mortgage for a LA home - the lender would fall out of their chair laughing. Let alone paying it off.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I specifically thought she meant more along the lines of what you said. Humongous with tacky decor weirdly not enough furniture and doesn't feel particularly lived in. It kind of reminded me of Dana/Pam's house on season 2 if RHoBH. It was such a strange house and when they asked if she had just moved in, she said no. Just strange.

If Imani was only referring to the tackiness of the house, why does she later say she is “worried about Jazmin” ?  Tackiness is not cause for worry. Now, if she believes Jazmin’s husband is a drug dealer...

3 hours ago, bref said:

Is "Dr. Yellow" a reference to her skin color? Like how that's used as a slur for lighter-skinned black people? Please let me know if I'm off base here, but that seems...not cool. 

I don’t think this comment refers to her color. At least, I hope not. The doctor, whose name the poster may not recall, was wearing a yellow dress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bref said:

I have never heard of being called "yellow" as a slur against light skinned black people (yellow as a slur against Asians, yes).  Being called "yellow" for a black person is more of a descriptor like:

Red Bone

ChocolateQuote selection

Caramel

etc.

But I was not referencing her skin color (otherwise, Noelle would also be called Yellow and Britten would just be White Girl).  The ex-girlfriend had on a very bright yellow dress.

44 minutes ago, laprin said:

If Imani was only referring to the tackiness of the house, why does she later say she is “worried about Jazmin” ?

I'm trying and failing to understand why Imani is worried about Jazmin.  If the L.A. black medical community is small, then you know if Jazmin's husband is an actual psychiatrist or not.  While the doctors know what others in their field generally make, they don't know what other money Jazmin's husband or Jazmin herself may have (investments, inheritance, lottery etc). Both Jazmin and her husband are snatched*; for all we know they might have a personal training business to celebrities on the side.

53 minutes ago, laprin said:

Now, if she believes Jazmin’s husband is a drug dealer...

Jazmin's husband IS a drug dealer.  So is Imani.  They just deal legal and prescribed drugs.

Imani let letting her experiences with her father color her perception of Jazmin's husband.

*Seriously, Jazmin & her husband's bodies are sick.  They're almost inspiring me to get into the gym.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, laprin said:

I don’t think this comment refers to her color. At least, I hope not. The doctor, whose name the poster may not recall, was wearing a yellow dress.

LOL, silly me. Thank you for that much simpler explanation :) Sorry, drivethroo! But just so you don't think I made that up from whole cloth, the term is "high yellow" (my mistake) and dictionary.com has this to say about the term:

high yel·low

/hī ˈyelō/

DATED•OFFENSIVE

adjective

adjective: high yellow

1. denoting a black person with a very light complexion.

noun

noun: high yellow; plural noun: high yellows

1. a black person with a very light complexion.

Edited to add: Have we even seen Jazmin's husband? 

Edited by bref

I've never heard of "high yellow" being used as a slur on light skinned black people, but as a descriptor.  The majority of the slurs were directed towards dark skinned black people.

Jazmin's husband has never been seen on the show; however I saw him on Jazmin's Instagram and he had abs popping. Her abs are popping, too.

• Love 2
On 3/25/2019 at 12:40 PM, drivethroo said:

As someone who went to a whitey mcwhite PWI in a whitey mcwhite white white part of my state 

We don't know that the other kids are picking on Noelle's daughter because of her race, but even if they aren't, the girl needs to know how to carry herself i/fwhen MAGA classmates and MAGA teachers go on the attack.

On the one hand, the whitey mcwhite stuff is making me laugh.  I can't help but picture dozens of cartoon Casper the Ghosts flying around the halls of the school.  The other part that I quoted sounds a little...paranoid.  I see no evidence from the show to back it up. Ultimately, I think that Gizelle should be trusted to make the right decision for her daughter, and I don't even like Gizelle (I don't like any of them so far, but I'll get to that).  

If we want our sons or daughters to be tough and face life's challenges (and I say this from a societal perspective, as I am childless), they have got to be able to face tough stuff.  I am in an interracial marriage.  If my husband and I ever have children, or if we adopt a child, I would expect that child to be able to face up to a certain amount of adversity before I took him or her out of a school.  When Dr. Short (is this mean?  It's super mean, cause he's a cool dude, but I don't know all their names yet) was teaching his kids not to start, but to be ready to throw down if someone else starts, I was like, "you go, Dr. Short!"  

Now, if there is systematic bullying or a pile-on?  NO kid should have to endure that, and if the principal and teachers failed to act, not only would I expect Gizelle to yank the kid out of the school, I would probably think it would warrant media attention. But I think we should cool our heels and let events play out before jumping to any conclusions.

Here is why I don't like them:

--they don't mesh like the Atlanta or Houston casts.  I get the feeling that they barely know each other

--Imani--seems judgmental and she is a psychiatrist, complete with a prescription pad?  That doesn't seem right to me.  A psychiatrist should think and hope that each patient does what they personally think is best, as long as they are not completely offending society.  So the drug dealer comments really bothered me.  Has she looked at Dr Jazmyn Husband's stock portfolio?  How does she portend to know what is in his bank account?  I would never have her as a doctor.

--Britten--I don't like what she's done to her family.  I know people have said that if a man did it, no one would be coming for him.  Well, I would.  Not only would I think it was irresponsible for a man to leave his spouse and children on the east coast to go California Dreaming for an indefinite period of time, I'd say he is definitely fucking women out in LA.  I don't think that about Britten; what I think is that she is in LA for the filiming of the show, and she will return to Orlando when filming is complete.  It is hard, but not impossible, to find a school district, a home, and permanent employment in LA.  She has been there several months, and has turned up nothing and school is starting/ has started.  In my opinion, it is time to return to Orlando, and try again next summer.  This may have to be a dream deferred for the sake of your family that is currently well-settled in FL.

--Shanique/Asha--jury is still out on both of them.  Neither have given me much to like or dislike so far.  

--Gizelle--I can't put my finger on it, but she seems one step away from judgmental.  She seems like a "my way or the highway" type.  Add that to the fact that I haven't seen her do anything medically important so far (as juxtaposed against Drs. Jackie and Simone "catching babies" and even Heavenly doing teeth, which I think is really important).  I am not particularly impressed with a doctor who gives a lot of Botox (which I understand nurses can administer in some jurisdictions) and guiding yoga.  Yes, she was pressing on a child's abdomen this past episode.  <shrugs> 

If I like anyone, it's Jazmyn, and she's not a full cast member.  I just like her confidence and her seemingly come as you are attitude, and her ability to do something mildly controversial (throw a doll party) and then actually listen to people when they had objections, and to respond.  I think Imani was taken aback that someone was not only willing, but excited to take her on, so extra points for that.  Maybe it was editing, but I love how, when confronted with truth and no drama, Imani suddenly had to change the subject to Shanique/Asha.  Need a moment to gather your thoughts and create a defense?  First time in three episodes I've seen her falter.  And it's because of the "dumb" one, huh?  Interesting.  

15 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I've never heard of "high yellow" being used as a slur on light skinned black people, but as a descriptor.  The majority of the slurs were directed towards dark skinned black people.

High yellow is more of a slur; redbone not so much so.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, laprin said:

If Imani was only referring to the tackiness of the house, why does she later say she is “worried about Jazmin” ?  Tackiness is not cause for worry. Now, if she believes Jazmin’s husband is a drug dealer...

It is in LA!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

--Britten--I don't like what she's done to her family.  I know people have said that if a man did it, no one would be coming for him.  Well, I would.  Not only would I think it was irresponsible for a man to leave his spouse and children on the east coast to go California Dreaming for an indefinite period of time, I'd say he is definitely fucking women out in LA.  I don't think that about Britten; what I think is that she is in LA for the filiming of the show, and she will return to Orlando when filming is complete.  It is hard, but not impossible, to find a school district, a home, and permanent employment in LA.  She has been there several months, and has turned up nothing and school is starting/ has started.  In my opinion, it is time to return to Orlando, and try again next summer.  This may have to be a dream deferred for the sake of your family that is currently well-settled in FL.

I have more of a problem with Mack than Britten.  He can jump his ass on Trulia or Realtor.com just like she can and find a house and a school for the kids.  Why can't he pack up the kids and move to the Air B & B rental with Britten?  They don't even need to sell their Orlando home; they can rent it out.  What are they doing on the weekends that he's out there with the kids?  He needs to let his fingers do the walking right on over to Zillow.com and find some houses to tour, call up a CA real estate agent and the next weekend he's out there with the kids they go look at some houses and throw down a contract. If Mack feels Britten is dragging her feet about getting a house, call her bluff: arrange a house hunting weekend and see what happens.

But see, I don't think Britten is the only one dragging her feet...

Having said that, she doesn't need to go to L.A. to practice her specialty; if she wants to be on TV that bad she can go right on over to OG Married to Medicine and join that cast.  She's already friends with Contessa and has already met Quad, Heavenly & Simone. Mack already knows Scott.

If we want our sons or daughters to be tough and face life's challenges (and I say this from a societal perspective, as I am childless), they have got to be able to face tough stuff.  I am in an interracial marriage.  If my husband and I ever have children, or if we adopt a child, I would expect that child to be able to face up to a certain amount of adversity before I took him or her out of a school.  When Dr. Short (is this mean?  It's super mean, cause he's a cool dude, but I don't know all their names yet) was teaching his kids not to start, but to be ready to throw down if someone else starts, I was like, "you go, Dr. Short!"  

No one is saying that kids shouldn't have to stick out tough situations.  This shielding of kids from life's disappointments is why kids today are running amok and out of control every time they get handed an L.

However, to pull a black kid out of a black/diverse environment and throw them into a white environment without preparing that kid for what may happen, is irresponsible.  I'm not saying Noelle did this; she did have a concern her daughter may have adjustment issues going from a diverse environment to a white environment.  So, Noelle isn't unaware.  Unfortunately in these "Make America Great Again" times, we've seen hate crimes against non-whites go up 200% in some areas, we've seen reports of harassment in the classroom/team sports etc. So it's important for Noelle to prepare her daughter, reinforce what's good about her and make sure she does have the support of her more diverse friends.  Noelle needs to let each and every one of her child's teachers know what's good and that she's keeping her eye on them and on her child.  Unfortunately, there are teachers (black and white) who will say slick and demoralizing stuff to Black, Latino and poor White children that they would never think to say to middle/upper income White children.  

Even the kids who desegregated the schools back in the 50s & 60s were prepared by their parents & communities as to what could happen & how they should handle themselves.  Noelle does seem to have a good head on her shoulders so I'm sure she'll do the right thing for her child.

As far as administering Botox & guiding yoga, L.A. is probably the only place besides maybe NYC where Noelle could have a practice like that, because of the abundance of wealthy people with disposable incomes out there. 

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 3

--Imani--seems judgmental and she is a psychiatrist, complete with a prescription pad?  That doesn't seem right to me.  A psychiatrist should think and hope that each patient does what they personally think is best, as long as they are not completely offending society.  So the drug dealer comments really bothered me.  Has she looked at Dr Jazmyn Husband's stock portfolio?  How does she portend to know what is in his bank account?  I would never have her as a doctor.

Imani's practice caters to those on the edge of society - the mentally ill homeless population. I'd guess she has more of a passing acquaintance in that practice with people who self-medicate and those that service them. She was also pretty clear that she knows what it takes to run her own medical practice (and is probably far more knowledgeable about what the going rates are to staff up fully a practice geared towards psychiatry in LA). So I actually give her MORE credibility than the average person if she's scratching her head and saying "I don't see it". And you are correct, that she doesn't have any knowledge of their family money or other external support that they have. But she definitely does have enough knowledge to opine that there is something more going on there than what everyone is seeing. Finally, she wasn't the only one who noted that doctor's don't make as much as people think. The doctor who has the daughter with school issues said the same exact thing in her talking head - essentially, running a practice in LA doesn't permit the average Dr to live in an $8M home.

I've got to say I don't get why people seem to dislike Dr. Imani as much as they do. She seems hella down to earth and relate-able to me. Maybe its just because I grew up in NYC and she reminds me of some of my elementary and middle school friends.

I think she's looking for a very specific type of work situation - she talked about being on the "mommy track" - where she can go to work super early in the day and be done early enough to get home to meet her kids after school, attend school functions, participate in the PTA, etc. Because LA has so many private practice doctors that are not tied to hospitals and that have more flexible schedules, its easier to get regular work as a floater (moving from practice to practice based upon their needs) rather than floating at hospitals with more rigid (8 to 4, 4 to midnight, midnight to 8 ) schedules.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think she's looking for a very specific type of work situation - she talked about being on the "mommy track" - where she can go to work super early in the day and be done early enough to get home to meet her kids after school, attend school functions, participate in the PTA, etc. Because LA has so many private practice doctors that are not tied to hospitals and that have more flexible schedules, its easier to get regular work as a floater (moving from practice to practice based upon their needs) rather than floating at hospitals with more rigid (8 to 4, 4 to midnight, midnight to 8 ) schedules.

Yeah... that is what she said.. but it still sounds like she jumped ship a little early than Mack wanted to jump.

And maybe LA isn't the market to jump to based upon his housing needs and their price range/budget. He wants a suburban mega large home where there is distance from his neighbors. She doesn't want to drive far to work. Not to be mean to the metro LA area - but isn't rush hour traffic a nightmare, in somewhat  all directions - ie my poster name is sATL---Altanta?  😁

Miami - maybe ?

hours like 8-4 - not bad - she can join the club of the majority of working moms... rush off, after work to after school stuff. If she can function on little sleep - 12-8 will work too. Her kids are too  young to have activities that end that late.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sATL said:

Yeah... that is what she said.. but it still sounds like she jumped ship a little early than Mack wanted to jump.

And maybe LA isn't the market to jump based upon his housing needs and their price range/budget. He wants a suburban mega large home where there is distance from his neighbors. She doesn't want to drive far to work. Not to be mean to the metro LA area - but isn't rush hour traffic a nightmare? 

Miami - maybe ?

hours like 8-4 - not bad - she can join the club like the majority of working moms... rush off work to after school stuff. If she can function on little sleep - 12-8 will work too. Her kids are too  young to have activities that end that late.

Miami might work, although I think the housing situation in the city is probably the same or worse as LA.

I think the issue with floating at a hospital is that you can't schedule and plan - so you may be day shift this week, evenings the next, or nights on Monday and afternoons on Tuesday.  Fewer options make it harder to have a flexible schedule unless you allow for absolutely no regularity, which isn't what she's looking for either. Is there a nurse or doctor on here who can weigh in on this? 

• Love 2
On 3/25/2019 at 10:28 PM, bref said:

LOL, silly me. Thank you for that much simpler explanation 🙂 Sorry, drivethroo! But just so you don't think I made that up from whole cloth, the term is "high yellow" (my mistake) and dictionary.com has this to say about the term:

high yel·low

/hī ˈyelō/

DATED•OFFENSIVE

adjective

adjective: high yellow

1. denoting a black person with a very light complexion.

noun

noun: high yellow; plural noun: high yellows

1. a black person with a very light complexion.

Edited to add: Have we even seen Jazmin's husband? 

Bref, most folks knew the term you were looking for in your previous post was high yellow. It is not a neutral descriptor. Porcelain, ebony are neutral descriptors. High yellow, black as the ace of spades, not so much.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2019 at 10:35 PM, drivethroo said:

Jazmin's husband has never been seen on the show; however I saw him on Jazmin's Instagram and he had abs popping. Her abs are popping, too.

I confess if my psychiatrist looked like this, I'd stay off kilter.

tumblr_mkwto0TnKy1ql5yr7o1_r1_500.gif 

22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

On the one hand, the whitey mcwhite stuff is making me laugh.  I can't help but picture dozens of cartoon Casper the Ghosts flying around the halls of the school.  The other part that I quoted sounds a little...paranoid.  I see no evidence from the show to back it up. Ultimately, I think that Gizelle should be trusted to make the right decision for her daughter, and I don't even like Gizelle (I don't like any of them so far, but I'll get to that).  

Now, if there is systematic bullying or a pile-on?  NO kid should have to endure that, and if the principal and teachers failed to act, not only would I expect Gizelle to yank the kid out of the school, I would probably think it would warrant media attention. But I think we should cool our heels and let events play out before jumping to any conclusions.

Here is why I don't like them:

--they don't mesh like the Atlanta or Houston casts.  I get the feeling that they barely know each other

--Shanique/Asha--jury is still out on both of them.  Neither have given me much to like or dislike so far.  

--Gizelle--I can't put my finger on it, but she seems one step away from judgmental.  She seems like a "my way or the highway" type.  Add that to the fact that I haven't seen her do anything medically important so far (as juxtaposed against Drs. Jackie and Simone "catching babies" and even Heavenly doing teeth, which I think is really important).  I am not particularly impressed with a doctor who gives a lot of Botox (which I understand nurses can administer in some jurisdictions) and guiding yoga.  Yes, she was pressing on a child's abdomen this past episode.  <shrugs> 

If I like anyone, it's Jazmyn, and she's not a full cast member.  I just like her confidence and her seemingly come as you are attitude, and her ability to do something mildly controversial (throw a doll party) and then actually listen to people when they had objections, and to respond.  I think Imani was taken aback that someone was not only willing, but excited to take her on, so extra points for that.  Maybe it was editing, but I love how, when confronted with truth and no drama, Imani suddenly had to change the subject to Shanique/Asha.  Need a moment to gather your thoughts and create a defense?  First time in three episodes I've seen her falter.  And it's because of the "dumb" one, huh?  Interesting.  

Yuuup.  I don't like Gizelle either, but that's a different show.   Noelle.  Lol.

Robert.  Lol.  Yeah it's mean.  But we done already, shit I was about to say cut him down to size...um, lemme think on it.   In the meantime, on the next Sally Jesse Raphael:  Is it a fucked up thing to say if it's true, let's discuss.  Caller you say what?

I don't wanna spend any more of today on Google.  I thought this just one area of her dermatology practice, no?  Hell, Jackie, Simone and Heavenly might've already taken care of her in their "real doctor" assessment and I missed it.

My only thing with Jazmin is she starts by seeking to make the other women in her company comfortable by dumbing herself down.   Now I don't know if that's an act or regression or a kind of duality she thinks necessary for acceptance but it's the reason I don't like her yet.  Steven Hawking was out here in a whole wheelchair, disease ravaged his body.  Nobody ever mentioned the chair.   Then again maybe it helps her hide fly on the wall style while she observes.  She is a good listener.

20 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I have more of a problem with Mack than Britten.  He can jump his ass on Trulia or Realtor.com just like she can and find a house and a school for the kids.  Why can't he pack up the kids and move to the Air B & B rental with Britten?  They don't even need to sell their Orlando home; they can rent it out.  What are they doing on the weekends that he's out there with the kids?  He needs to let his fingers do the walking right on over to Zillow.com and find some houses to tour, call up a CA real estate agent and the next weekend he's out there with the kids they go look at some houses and throw down a contract. If Mack feels Britten is dragging her feet about getting a house, call her bluff: arrange a house hunting weekend and see what happens.

But see, I don't think Britten is the only one dragging her feet...

Having said that, she doesn't need to go to L.A. to practice her specialty; if she wants to be on TV that bad she can go right on over to OG Married to Medicine and join that cast.  She's already friends with Contessa and has already met Quad, Heavenly & Simone. Mack already knows Scott.

Right!  That's exactly what she said.   To her credit I think she's gone to look at the places he liked.  They might be spinning their wheels because when she says that's an hour long drive to work for me one way, he says well it meets our criteria and the suburbs is where I wanna be anyway so, so what?   If they're serious, she's going to need to get really honest with her realtor and be ok with a 1/2 hour commute.   He strikes me as a foot dragger also but I'm not sure when they taped, maybe they want the kids to finish out the school year. 

18 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Imani's practice caters to those on the edge of society - the mentally ill homeless population. I'd guess she has more of a passing acquaintance in that practice with people who self-medicate and those that service them. She was also pretty clear that she knows what it takes to run her own medical practice (and is probably far more knowledgeable about what the going rates are to staff up fully a practice geared towards psychiatry in LA). So I actually give her MORE credibility than the average person if she's scratching her head and saying "I don't see it". And you are correct, that she doesn't have any knowledge of their family money or other external support that they have. But she definitely does have enough knowledge to opine that there is something more going on there than what everyone is seeing. Finally, she wasn't the only one who noted that doctor's don't make as much as people think. The doctor who has the daughter with school issues said the same exact thing in her talking head - essentially, running a practice in LA doesn't permit the average Dr to live in an $8M home.

I've got to say I don't get why people seem to dislike Dr. Imani as much as they do. She seems hella down to earth and relate-able to me. Maybe its just because I grew up in NYC and she reminds me of some of my elementary and middle school friends.

In her book Michelle Obama describes being female, black and strong as having left the impression for some that she was a too tall, too forceful, ready to emasculate, Godzilla of a wife all of which translated to being "an angry black woman", a cliche that's been used forever to sweep minority women to the perimeter of every room.   I love that blurb and I love Imani for the lack of any pretense that she's even gone try struggling with diplomacy before talking.  I'm surprised that a mental health dr. isn't automatically accustomed to parsing her words more often but I'm not mad at her.....yet.   I think she's the other side of the Jazmin coin.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I love her NY accent, and the fact that she doesn't try to hide it in LA.! If I had to hazard a guess, I would place Imani's accent as being from the Bronx, but it might be the lower Westchester area, as I have placed Matt Dillon's accent as being from the Bronx, and he is from New Rochelle or something.  Does anyone know where she's originally from?  

Regardless, I do love a boroughs-area gal with an accent who is not afraid to hide it.  I'm from the same general area, and when I went to school in Miami I got so much shit for it.  Someone suggested placing a part of their anatomy in my mouth to stop the accent.  Someone else asked me why a wealthy, privately-educated classmate of ours who was from Manhattan didn't have my accent, and I was just like," she went to better schools than me, where they taught her how to enunciate."  I mean, what do you want from me?  So I will always support someone who is educated and successful and sporting the accent, even as I try to modify my own in the professional world.   

I'll give them another chance.  I will give it two more episodes before I definitively say "I don't like them."  They can't be worse than Southern Charm:  Savannah, and I wasted two seasons on that train wreck.  

Oh, but can I just get one more judgment out there?  I don't dislike Asha.  Irrevelant side note:  I love her bone structure.  But when I heard that she knew in advance that the ex-girlfriend was going to be there, it changed my opinion of her, and not for the better.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

• Love 1

Episode 5:

"The Roof is on Fire"

Imani's rooftop event comes to a boil as Shanique makes outrageous claims about Asha's husband; Jazmin faces off with Imani about her drug dealer comments; Britten goes house hunting; Noelle must decide if she made the right school choice for Gaby.

Airs March 31, 2019.

(edited)

Imani should be glad I’m not on this show.  “Imani, sit your bald ass down and stop acting like you’re on Lenox Avenue “ and if she’s really from Harlem she’ll know what that means.  I’d never go to her for psychiatric help.  She’s a nutjob, along with pathetic Asha.

Why does Imani or anybody else give a damn about someone else’s finances?  If it’s not about my own finances, I really don’t care.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

What is  Britton’s deal? 

Is Orlando not a major city???

I guess she will be working in the LA metro area and living Camarillo. 

Enjoy the commute! 

Surrre! Major upgrade from Orlando!  Said, nobody.  LMAO

What does her husband do for a living? 

Dr. Sunder is beautiful.

I got the feeling that Imani’s practice is an  in-patient and out-patient facility mostly funded by the state.

Does anyone know?

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

She’s a nutjob, along with pathetic Asha.

Well, I think Asha is upset because she's known all along that she's not Larry's 1st choice, even if she didn't know who her rival was or what the circumstances were. If Larry / Dr. Yellow were engaged 6 years ago and he started dating Asha 6 years ago, either Asha was the (unknowing and/or unseeing) Side Chick and Dr. Yellow dumped him or the Rebound Chick after Dr. Yellow dumped him.

At some point during Asha / Larry's courtship, he started sniffing around Dr. Yellow again.  I suspect Dr. Yellow dumped him for good and at that point he proposed to/married Asha. 

It is always a red flag when your partner refuses to discuss their previous partners.  I know now from personal experience that when that happens, either they are still carrying on with their ex-partner or they're not over their partner.  Asha knows this deep down, which is why she's never pressed him.  I believe she has tried to bring up the issue of his past partners with him but he evades the question and she doesn't want to press him any further on it because a) he gets bristly and mad about it and b) she really doesn't want to know the answer.

I suspect Shanique/Too Short would prefer Larry be with Dr. Yellow than with Asha.

Instead of demanding Imani & Britten battle Shanique in her honor, Asha needs to press her husband on his involvement with Dr. Yellow and have it out so it can be over.  Don't jump bad with Shanique but be mealy mouthed & mousy with husband.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Why does Imani or anybody else give a damn about someone else’s finances?  If it’s not about my own finances, I really don’t care.

Because Imani is PRESSDT that she doesn't have 4 Bentleys and a Tony Montana Drug Dealer house on a psychiatrist salary.   She's pressed because Jazmin can sit around all day in skimpy clothing and drive the Bentleys and live in the drug dealer house while she & her husband have to budget.  But we don't know what's in Jazmin & her husband's pockets.  One or both of them could've gotten an inheritance, somebody could've won the lottery, somebody's parents could've given them the money for the house,  They could've invested very well.  They could have side businesses.  Jazmin could be a model.  She could have a side business taking photographs.  Or she could be a personal trainer.  We don't know how Jazmin & her husband make their money and we don't need to know.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

What is  Britton’s deal? 

Is Orlando not a city???

Following...

If one is looking for work/life balance, to me the possession arrow would point to Orlando, in favor of a better personal time. Even if that means every so often she has to work nights/weekends, as many in the medical field do.

Signing up for LA traffic at this stage of the game??? Not me.

I guess I thought anathesialogists were salaried employees of the hospital. And it's been a while since I've heard of someone going under( non emerg)  that wasn't at the crack of dawn.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Well, I think Asha is upset because she's known all along that she's not Larry's 1st choice, even if she didn't know who her rival was or what the circumstances were. If Larry / Dr. Yellow were engaged 6 years ago and he started dating Asha 6 years ago, either Asha was the (unknowing and/or unseeing) Side Chick and Dr. Yellow dumped him or the Rebound Chick after Dr. Yellow dumped him.

At some point during Asha / Larry's courtship, he started sniffing around Dr. Yellow again.  I suspect Dr. Yellow dumped him for good and at that point he proposed to/married Asha. 

It is always a red flag when your partner refuses to discuss their previous partners.  I know now from personal experience that when that happens, either they are still carrying on with their ex-partner or they're not over their partner.  Asha knows this deep down, which is why she's never pressed him.  I believe she has tried to bring up the issue of his past partners with him but he evades the question and she doesn't want to press him any further on it because a) he gets bristly and mad about it and b) she really doesn't want to know the answer.

I suspect Shanique/Too Short would prefer Larry be with Dr. Yellow than with Asha.

Instead of demanding Imani & Britten battle Shanique in her honor, Asha needs to press her husband on his involvement with Dr. Yellow and have it out so it can be over.  Don't jump bad with Shanique but be mealy mouthed & mousy with husband.

Because Imani is PRESSDT that she doesn't have 4 Bentleys and a Tony Montana Drug Dealer house on a psychiatrist salary.   She's pressed because Jazmin can sit around all day in skimpy clothing and drive the Bentleys and live in the drug dealer house while she & her husband have to budget.  But we don't know what's in Jazmin & her husband's pockets.  One or both of them could've gotten an inheritance, somebody could've won the lottery, somebody's parents could've given them the money for the house,  They could've invested very well.  They could have side businesses.  Jazmin could be a model.  She could have a side business taking photographs.  Or she could be a personal trainer.  We don't know how Jazmin & her husband make their money and we don't need to know.

Hammer, meet nail head.  

The guy she went to for solace who she's calling so he can reassure his pretty upset wife about (at worst) infidelity, (at best) overlap accusations, pauses before saying:  "wow."  Asha, Shenique isn't your problem.   I was grouchy she walked it back, talking about I'm not trying to insinuate that he was cheating.   Um, in the TH before this, your exact words were, "he met his now-wife 6 years ago and proposed to Anisa 4 years ago.  You do the math."   An insinuation is exactly what you were making.   But if it's accurate, I'm here for it.  All this how dare you back and forth is forcing attention away from:  Larry when exactly was the last time you were involved with, spoke to, got some from, Anisa?  

image.png.ada6c26a5ec6a254e3f7221863916d7c.png

She sounds like a straight up dummy saying this out loud.  Coming up with the most playarific alternate explanation of all time.  Asha:  tell me about your past relationship(s).   Larry:  I just want to talk about you, tell me about you.   Naw, that's alright, I'd rather we discuss this woman you still so deeply in love with it hurts to bring her up.   

image.png.f0c7a2b7a7397adba9a56c4c7634cc69.png

Mmmhmm because Anisa was the love of his life.  Asha was who he settled for.   If anybody would know this about you, it would be your boy.    By the way Robert, maybe don't have conversations that are supposed to be private on camera.   Robert and Shanique have been together long enough for Shanique to know this first hand as well, why does it seem like something she's just uncovering?

I don't know if Imani's pressdt only because she doesn't really strike me as the trappings type.  It was disappointing that she was struggling to acknowledge that she needed to apologize and that even after her mom helped her clarify the words, it was uncomfortable.  Seems like a psychologist, psychiatrist should be able to get there faster than most.   I giggled when she corrected her mom about the difference.  Mama, how many kids you got that you don't remember I went to a whole med school and everything? lol!

1 hour ago, sATL said:

Chile.  Any stage of the game.  She said 50 minutes outside L.A. and I started carrying the one.  I was like that's a 70 minute drive on the weekend, 120 minutes one way during the week.  Nope.   $1.2M for a gut reno from 1989?  Cali you on some serious shit.

1 hour ago, sATL said:

I guess I thought ananathesialogists were salaried employees of the hospital. And it's been a while since I've heard of someone going under( non emerg)  that wasn't at the crack of dawn.

They can be employed regularly by the same facility, but they're not typically employees in that sense.   They're paid separately and if you get a bill for surgery, you'll see their services and fees listed separately.   Essential but independent subcontractors.  Analogous to house flipping, think of anesthesiologists as roofing, plumbing or electrical.  Can't do it without them, but they're the subs subs, not a permanent part of the renovation company.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Following...

If one is looking for work/life balance, to me the possession arrow would point to Orlando, in favor of a better personal time. Even if that means every so often she has to work nights/weekends, as many in the medical field do.

I guess I thought anathesialogists were salaried employees of the hospital. And it's been a while since I've heard of someone going under( non emerg)  that wasn't at the crack of dawn.

Orlando's traffic is so ridiculous. Especially for a city its size. Think about all those damn tourists (sorry y'all!!). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

But does anyone wonder why no one, even her friends, has ever met Jazmin's husband? I can understand if he doesn't want to be filmed, but no one has laid eyes on him?

Agree with everyone on Asha and Larry.

Nicole's husband seems very nice. I hope since it's only been five days that Gabby can get herself together. I found myself speaking to her through the TV, saying, "Girl, I have been the only black child in the whole school!"

I think Quad, Mariah and Toya are infinitely more interesting than the non-MDs on this show. They just seem so insecure and vapid to me.

(edited)
3 hours ago, politichick said:

But does anyone wonder why no one, even her friends, has ever met Jazmin's husband? I can understand if he doesn't want to be filmed, but no one has laid eyes on him?

Agree with everyone on Asha and Larry.

Nicole's husband seems very nice. I hope since it's only been five days that Gabby can get herself together. I found myself speaking to her through the TV, saying, "Girl, I have been the only black child in the whole school!"

I think Quad, Mariah and Toya are infinitely more interesting than the non-MDs on this show. They just seem so insecure and vapid to me.

If they want to see Jazmins husband they can make an appointment with him! They can book him for a solid hour.  Only $300.

Anesthesia is billed separately.  If you have surgery.....you usually pay 3 bills.  The doctor fees, the surgical suite and the anesthesiologist. 

This is why some people take the numbing shot for some surgical procedures.  Then they don’t have to pay for anesthesia. Saves a lot of $.

5 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Orlando's traffic is so ridiculous. Especially for a city its size. Think about all those damn tourists (sorry y'all!!). 

But, it is one thing to get caught up in traffic.  This is all cities. Big and small.  My city is horrible, too.

She straight up looked for a house in BFE. A minimum of a 3 hour commute. Traffic or no traffic.

She  is having problems trying to land a job.  She is trying to get a job  at a plastic surgery center. I am sure they have 100’s of those in Orlando.

It is not like she landed a medical job of a  lifetime and now is living in LA kinda thing.

Like others said.  She is trying to be a reality start and why she moved to LA.  To do the show. 

Britton is gonna have to wait until M2M LA blows up....to buy a Jazmin house.

For 2 million dollars she can buy herself a nice home in LA.

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

This is why some people take the numbing shot for some surgical procedures.  Then they don’t have to pay for anesthesia. Saves a lot of $.

She straight up looked for a house in BFE. A minimum of a 3 hour commute. Traffic or no traffic.

And that will cut into Dr. Britten's pocketbook.

BFE is ??

Just now, walnutqueen said:

The sickest and neediest are being treated by the likes of Dr. Baldy.  I cannot think of a better reason  to move back to Canada.

Hahahaha!

Did y’all notice how strange her mom was too?

They acted like robots during their visit.

They walked slow. They moved slow. They talked slow.

Imani was slinking around in her crop top and mini skirt...like a gazelle.

Her mom is a sweet wise woman.

Imani must have her dad’s personality and raging temper.....but, definitely her mom’s intelligence.

• Love 2
(edited)

Showing poor newly middle-school Gabby some love and a hug,..❤️

Gosh.. what a delimnia.. cross b/w tween drama, new school blues (sounds like she would have to change schools anyway based upon matriculation) and not  having the ethnicity that she is used to.

Then as a parent, Dr Noelle, who has worked hard to have the resources for the best education money can buy and probably enjoy school name dropping (yeah - that happens with some parents of kids in k-12 prestigious schools)  - to just hear your child is unhappy to the point the school nurse is calling you.

A zero on a math test given in the first 5 days of school ? I would deal with that issue separately from the rest.

Any body did research on the middle school that she is in? From what I could make out of the emblem on her blue shirt - "Westchester Lutheran"

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Bum phuk Egypt

( so far away from civilization)

ok...I'm still LMAO over " this is a house where you come to rest your soul".... of all of the comments I've heard on the hgtv-type shows - that comment made my day ! 743285436_rofl-lmafopix.jpg.4dd2f7073e87d904c4879f119cb580b5.jpg

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2