Type keyword(s) to search

Married to Medicine Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I guess Simone felt a kind a way about Britten not being a white woman.  IMO she was a little too familiar with Britten.  Britten's a good one, I would've put her out.  And why is Simone all up in Asha's uterus?

Heavenly was wrong for shading Lil Daddy Kane.

Several of those new LA women don't seem too bright.

I wonder why Toya and Mariah weren't on this trip?

• Love 4

Episode 1:

"Atl In La La Land"

In the episode, Contessa brings Quad, Dr. Heavenly and Dr. Simone from Atlanta to Los Angeles to visit her army buddy Britten. Contessa is fully healed and ready to show off her new bikini body while working on her up and down friendship with Simone. Quad wants a break from all the drama surrounding her divorce and Heavenly is always up for a girl’s trip. Britten's friend, Asha, shows her flair for theatrics by inviting them all to her Wakanda-themed celebration. Here, the Atlanta girls meet up with Contessa’s college gal-pal, Imani, along with many other LA doctors and wives whose glamorous lifestyles show the Atlanta ladies just how different it is to be married to medicine in LA.

Airs March 3, 2019.

(edited)

I actually liked the Atlanta cast  on this show.. I guess the change of air (weather), scenery , time zone, and leaving a couple of cast members/husbands at home, served them well. I will re-watch but I don't think they had one screaming/cussing argument- lots of digs and shade, but they acted like they had some sense. 

And contessa really has come out of her shell- I guess being around college buds will do that for you. Still in love and admiration of her new set of girls, though. The titties cake was a bit much. Did the bakery have a picture (of anyone) to go by ??? 😁

80680337_tittiescake.jpg.66e62c046812f80dbc3245851ab1694c.jpg

It is nice to hear the back story on Dr. Britten. She would be a good role model on someone from humble beginnings, becoming a DR w/o incurring the debt. Thank for your service in Iraq. She's a bold sister to be driving from LAX to whichever part of town with no doors on the car. - took them off and left them at home ! Ole girl scared me again when she said the reason she chose anthologist as her specialty is b/c "she likes instant gratification"... from which part putting people under or bring them back ??? 245928593_rofl-lmafopix.jpg.1424e4141a928593b59c26be23346511.jpg

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I guess Simone felt a kind a way about Britten not being a white woman.  IMO she was a little too familiar with Britten.  Britten's a good one, I would've put her out.  And why is Simone all up in Asha's uterus?

Heavenly was wrong for shading Lil Daddy Kane.

Several of those new LA women don't seem too bright.

I wonder why Toya and Mariah weren't on this trip?

Simone has issues. I was hoping she was gonna step all the way in it just to see the good Dr. Britten put her in her place quick fast and in a hurry. Unfortunately, she only took a baby step down the "what are you" path and when she got politely put in her place she was like "yep, she's a sister". 

Question, does anyone know where Dr Contessa went to undergrad?

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

Simone has issues. I was hoping she was gonna step all the way in it just to see the good Dr. Britten put her in her place quick fast and in a hurry. Unfortunately, she only took a baby step down the "what are you" path and when she got politely put in her place she was like "yep, she's a sister". 

Question, does anyone know where Dr Contessa went to undergrad?

Xavier in new Orleans.

Medical school- st Louis University

Edited by sATL
39 minutes ago, sATL said:

Xavier in new Orleans.

Medical school- st Louis University

Okay, I thought it might be an HBCU. So, why exactly would Simone go there? It's baffling to me...

• Love 1

Okay, I thought it might be an HBCU. So, why exactly would Simone go there? It's baffling to me...

I don't like Simone, she's messy, abrasive and loud.  

• Love 6

If Simone and Britten had grown up in the same neighborhood, Simone would've been one of the girls trying to beat up Britten for being a white girl or trying to bully Britten for "thinking she cute."

How was Toya and Contessa connected? Contessa came on as "Toya's friend" but I can't see it.

3 minutes ago, byrd said:

I don't like Simone, she's messy, abrasive and loud.  

Lowkey, this is why Cecil ran for solace in Tammy and why the younger son wants a "soft spoken" white girl.  The only difference IMO between Simone and a hoodrat is Simone has a degree.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 3:56 PM, drivethroo said:

If Simone and Britten had grown up in the same neighborhood, Simone would've been one of the girls trying to beat up Britten for being a white girl or trying to bully Britten for "thinking she cute."

How was Toya and Contessa connected? Contessa came on as "Toya's friend" but I can't see it.

Lowkey, this is why Cecil ran for solace in Tammy and why the younger son wants a "soft spoken" white girl.  The only difference IMO between Simone and a hoodrat is Simone has a degree.

from ( link ) ...

" Dr. Contessa's arrival shifts the balance of the regular cast to four actual doctors and two wives of doctors.. She already knew Dr. Simone and Toya Bush-Harris before joining the show. Randomly, her son and Toya's son met at a park and became friends. "

-----

I don't think Simone knew Dr. Britten background... some people you just don't mess with as you never know when they will reach deep/back and open up that can of whoop-ass with or without cuss-out. Kinda like Tina Campbell from Mary Mary and NeNe Leaks from RHOA.  Sometimes you just need to keep your mouth shut, stay out of their way, only speak when spoken to, and pick very carefully your battles.

Dr. Britten ,  raised in the Englewood neighborhood of s. Chicago ( Englewood consistently ranks as one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city ( link2) ) , saw her mom work hard at 2 jobs, had ignorant folks making fun of skin-tone her as a child, follower of Tupac/Biggie, as a young woman served (IE had firearms/martial arts training) in a combat zone/war treating soldiers who were hurt from IEDs, and  got on a x-way in a jeep with no doors and Simone makes a unnecessary ugly comment in her home? I personally would have been kissing the ground and would have been happy to sit anywhere she told me to.  

Then later Simone has the nerve to dis her healthy breakfast meal.. 

Dr. Britten - your a better woman than I would have been.

Actually the same is true for Dr. Imani -wrong one to mess with.. I can't believe someone tried to rub her head....

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, sATL said:

from ( link ) ...

" Dr. Contessa's arrival shifts the balance of the regular cast to four actual doctors and two wives of doctors.. She already knew Dr. Simone and Toya Bush-Harris before joining the show. Randomly, her son and Toya's son met at a park and became friends. "

-----

I don't think Simone knew Dr. Britten background... some people you just don't mess with as you never know when they will reach deep/back and open up that can of whoop-ass with or without cuss-out. Kinda like Tina Campbell from Mary Mary and NeNe Leaks from RHOA.  Sometimes you just need to keep your mouth shut, stay out of their way, only speak when spoken to, and pick very carefully your battles.

Dr. Britten ,  raised in the Englewood neighborhood of s. Chicago ( Englewood consistently ranks as one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city ( link2) ) , saw her mom work hard at 2 jobs, had ignorant folks making fun of skin-tone her as a child, follower of Tupac/Biggie, as a young woman served (IE had firearms/martial arts training) in a combat zone/war treating soldiers who were blown up from IEDs, and  got on a x-way in a jeep with no doors and Simone makes a unnecessary ugly comment in her home? I personally would have been kissing the ground and would have been happy to sit anywhere she told me to.  

Then later Simone has the nerve to dis her healthy breakfast meal.. 

Dr. Britten - your a better woman than I would have been.

Actually the same is true for Dr. Imani -wrong one to mess with.. I can't believe someone tried to rub her head....

Word to everything you said about Dr Britten & hell no re: touching Dr Imani’s head! Lucky they didn’t draw back a bloody stump!

• Love 1
On 3/4/2019 at 5:34 PM, sATL said:

I can’t agree more. Then again, I’m 5’2”with short limbs, couldn’t reach her head even if she was sitting down.

who would try to rub someone else’s head without permission 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Episode 2:

"Ghost of Girlfriends Past"

Asha tries to get her husband on the baby train; Imani considers reconnecting with her biological father; Shanique throws her hubby a birthday bash; Asha is caught off guard when her husband's ex-girlfriend makes an unexpected appearance.

Airs March 10, 2019.

I disagree with Simone view on egg freezing.  She made it seem as though after the age of 35, you have no business undergoing the procedure.  In addition to getting it done myself at the age of 39, I have friends who've done the same and had healthy babies.  As a doctor, she should know more of what's she's talking about.  

• Love 12

I think I like these women. Some strong personalities with the goods to back it up. So far Dr. Imani and Dr. Britten stand out to me. Let's hope it doesnt fall into the usual tropes of "bickering bitches" that Bravo loves so dearly. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I disagree with Simone view on egg freezing.  She made it seem as though after the age of 35, you have no business undergoing the procedure.  In addition to getting it done myself at the age of 39, I have friends who've done the same and had healthy babies.  As a doctor, she should know more of what's she's talking about.  

here here!  I don't know a damn thing about it but I felt a way when Simone basically intimated that after 35 them eggs is scrambled.   I understand that both you and the baby are *automatically* physically higher risk, but trying to scare Asha into doing it tuh-DAY was corny. I wish Dr. Noelle had been at that party so she could've said well I'm the product of a 39 year old egg so.....

9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The Little Couple were shady for inviting Aneesah and not giving Asha a heads up about it.  Somehow I think Larry knew and "had to work."

Shanique & Jazmin are dumber than a box of rocks.

as. fuck.  Larry absolutely knew.  There's no way Lil Daddy Kane (®Quadrafinka Webb-Lunceford) knew the combination of a) there having been overlap b) still being pretty close with Dr. Aneesah and c) Asha predictably being uncomfortable.    I think she (Asha) was overdoing it a little bit but insecure or not, I'm with her, don't blindside me, not with that.    She and Shenique must be frenemies and we're just finding out.   She and her dumb ass friend Jazmin are becoming my least faves here so far.    What do you do?  I'm a doctor's wife.  Your Honor? redirect, if I may?:  what did you do before you were married?   See I can tolerate vapid chicks if they're charming.  Imma have to pass on these two.  

I'm here all day for Dr. Britten.  

Mack: yeah it's tough when she's not around, I have to get the kids up, fix breakfast, get em to school, pick em up from school, feed em a snack, help with homework, make dinner....

Britten:  so.....in other words be a mom.  tf? these your churn.

Iman & Phil giggling (as well they should've lol) at the gummy bear bath painting - best part of the night. 

@Empress1 ay girl?  we could have husbands tomorrow if we don't mind that they messy or a full 2 feet shorter than the rest of the world.   You ready to build with your king yet?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

here here!  I don't know a damn thing about it but I felt a way when Simone basically intimated that after 35 them eggs is scrambled.   I understand that both you and the baby are *automatically* physically higher risk, but trying to scare Asha into doing it tuh-DAY was corny. I wish Dr. Noelle had been at that party so she could've said well I'm the product of a 39 year old egg so.....

Women are physically able to conceive and bear children until they hit menopause.  The average age of menopause is in the early 50s.  While it it may be harder to conceive, it's not impossible.  While there are risks to mother and child and the chance of deformities and abnormalities increase with age, it is not automatic.  If we are really that concerned about women having children in their prime years, we need to start discouraging women from pursuing education and careers and to get married as soon as possible after age 18.  It makes no sense to tell women to get an education and get a job (things you would need to delay child-bearing for) then harass women to hurry up and pop out kids before it's too late.  And then you need to have children the "right" way: you need to (especially black women) need to be married first lest you just be a baby momma.

Why did Simone delay having children until her 30s?

34 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm here all day for Dr. Britten.  

I wasn't here for Shanique telling Britten how to run her kids/marriage.  If you don't want to be away from your man, that's on you.  You probably wouldn't have the Maserati and big house if you were on your own, but ok. The bi-coastal family isn't likely a long term thing; I don't know when this was filmed but maybe Britten & Mack didn't want to take the kids out of school in the middle of the year.  Then there's the issue of Mack's employment.  He's a real estate/property developer.  Does he need licensure in California? How would that work? They are seeing each other at least once every 2 weeks; it's not like Britten has been out in LA for months and only sees her family sporadically.  And if she were still in the military and got deployed overseas, she'd be one place and Mack & the kids in another.  They'll make it work and how they'll make it work is none of Shanique's business.

42 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Iman & Phil giggling (as well they should've lol) at the gummy bear bath painting - best part of the night. 

iLaughed when they were like WTF is that and when Phil said when he hangs out with Robert people ask him if he's Phil's son. I also ran to YouTube and fired up "Here we Go".

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Women are physically able to conceive and bear children until they hit menopause.  The average age of menopause is in the early 50s.  While it it may be harder to conceive, it's not impossible.  While there are risks to mother and child and the chance of deformities and abnormalities increase with age, it is not automaticIf we are really that concerned about women having children in their prime years, we need to start discouraging women from pursuing education and careers and to get married as soon as possible after age 18.  It makes no sense to tell women to get an education and get a job (things you would need to delay child-bearing for) then harass women to hurry up and pop out kids before it's too late.  And then you need to have children the "right" way: you need to (especially black women) need to be married first lest you just be a baby momma.

Why did Simone delay having children until her 30s?

I wasn't here for Shanique telling Britten how to run her kids/marriage.  If you don't want to be away from your man, that's on you.  You probably wouldn't have the Maserati and big house if you were on your own, but ok. The bi-coastal family isn't likely a long term thing; I don't know when this was filmed but maybe Britten & Mack didn't want to take the kids out of school in the middle of the year.  Then there's the issue of Mack's employment.  He's a real estate/property developer.  Does he need licensure in California? How would that work? They are seeing each other at least once every 2 weeks; it's not like Britten has been out in LA for months and only sees her family sporadically.  And if she were still in the military and got deployed overseas, she'd be one place and Mack & the kids in another.  They'll make it work and how they'll make it work is none of Shanique's business.

iLaughed when they were like WTF is that and when Phil said when he hangs out with Robert people ask him if he's Phil's son. I also ran to YouTube and fired up "Here we Go".

Girl I think we said the same thing lol.  In response to the bolded I'm gone add that it is automatic.  My gyn said it to me (at 37) - lemme elaborate.  I don't just mean he said I was high risk, he said every woman pregnant over 35 is.  Sorry, I wasn't saying that philosophically or with any emotion in it.  Medically, Simone was right about that being factually accurate.  It's the category you're placed in whether you ever hear a dr. say it or not.   What I didn't like was how now or never a gynecologist made that sound.   Yes, be cognizant of the window but understand what the trade offs are.   She goes too hard.   medically speaking.

Chiiile.  I hate this narrative too but if we stop start discouraging education think how much worse our chances finna get.  Shoutout to Morehouse University lol. 

You mind nudged me about why else I don't like this chick.   Who told you you get a vote in how I run my marriage?  Chance are?  I don't know, but chances ARE an anesthesiologist's salary might be higher than a real estate developer's - they may be neck and neck considering LA prices but either way, trying to make Britten feel like less than for going where the work is?  Maybe one of them gummies got stuck in her ear.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

@Empress1 ay girl?  we could have husbands tomorrow if we don't mind that they messy or a full 2 feet shorter than the rest of the world.   You ready to build with your king yet?

How messy is messy and how short is short? Like am I trying to climb my way out of a Hoarders situation?

I just ... short men ... look, everybody deserves love, but I like tall men. I'm tallish and I just like tall men, dammit.

Do I need to watch this show? I think I should give it an episode.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

How messy is messy and how short is short? Like am I trying to climb my way out of a Hoarders situation?

I just ... short men ... look, everybody deserves love, but I like tall men. I'm tallish and I just like tall men, dammit.

This made me keekee! When I was in college I had height and weight minimums (6'2 & 220). Fast forward (*@ years later and my spouse is 5'10 and 190. In heels, I'm taller 😞

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Still dealing with his long term last thing when ya'll.....become familiar-messy

show-t.   Smaller than Todd Tucker showt.   She's about 5'3" and he comes up to her ample bosom.  Now but check this out though, see we went about this shit all wrong.  We were studying books in college.  She was studying him.  She built that bridge at 20 and got way the fuck over it so by the time he was finishing med school and heauxing, guess who was still in his corner when he whirled around?

tenor.gif?itemid=7229293

we ain't shit.  single it is.

18 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

This made me keekee! When I was in college I had height and weight minimums (6'2 & 220). Fast forward (*@ years later and my spouse is 5'10 and 190. In heels, I'm taller 😞

See this is the shit I'm talking bout, Rob, you are 5 muffucin 7.5!  an inch taller than me (just maybe), 'cho Barack ass requirements.   Um, wayment.  My I-think-I-might-like-him-barometer needle starts ticking around the 6'1" mark.  Withdrawn.  

37 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Forgot - watch, if you like the original recipe medicine wives, you'll like this set.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Still dealing with his long term last thing when ya'll.....become familiar-messy

show-t.   Smaller than Todd Tucker showt.   She's about 5'3" and he comes up to her ample bosom. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 3

I think dr britten discharged out of the military already. I have to refind her bio again. She and dr. Contessa really only joined for the medical school scholarship and possibly the  training- not to make the navy their  career. Which was very financially smart of them.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Simone seems antiquated in this respect. Had mine harvested at 36 and had great results and no warnings about egg quality. In the end, I got knocked up and didn't need implantation.  Simone and others like her can kick rocks.

Edited by red12
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

show-t.   Smaller than Todd Tucker showt.   She's about 5'3" and he comes up to her ample bosom.  Now but check this out though, see we went about this shit all wrong.  We were studying books in college.  She was studying him.  She built that bridge at 20 and got way the fuck over it so by the time he was finishing med school and heauxing, guess who was still in his corner when he whirled around?

tenor.gif?itemid=7229293

we ain't shit.  single it is.

See this is the shit I'm talking bout, Rob, you are 5 muffucin 7.5!  an inch taller than me (just maybe), 'cho Barack ass requirements.   Um, wayment.  My I-think-I-might-like-him-barometer needle starts ticking around the 6'1" mark.  Withdrawn.  

Forgot - watch, if you like the original recipe medicine wives, you'll like this set.  

Look- up north here there is such a thing as big man weather. You can't be cuddling up next to Papa Smurf when it's 26 degrees outside. Kandi in ATL and Dr Messy Boots live in warm weather climates where having a big man to wrap around is not necessary. And yes, she absolutely did put in her work early and earned her position. But in my experience, southern and Cali girls were always way ahead of us NY/NJ/Philly girls when it came to tie them up and lock 'em down in undergraduate.

No joke, there was one dude I knew who started asking me out freshman year - who I cold turned down daily because he was like 5'2. What is he today? A doctor...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I.m still learning names...but the Dr who "ass slapped " HARD...and wasn't his children present in the room? ..

Sorry- what I saw and heard didn't seem to loving..hate to see what they do behind closed doors...do they require ice packs afterwards??

Spinning watch case ?? Well,  to quote the great theme song from the Jefferson's ... "Now we're up in the big leagues
getting our turn ,,,"

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

( snip) ..." don't know, but chances ARE an anesthesiologist's salary might be higher than a real estate developer's - they may be neck and neck considering LA prices but either way, trying to make Britten feel like less than for going where the work is?  Maybe one of them gummies got stuck in her ear.  "

I didn't understand Dr Bitten reason behind the job search-move..she said there is only one way setting to do her speciality.  Orlando is a decent size city and there has to be places where people would need her service besides a major hospital like where you get colonoscopy, plastic surgery, oupatient surgery, etc. 

According to LinkedIn she left the service in 2010. Did 4 yrs one month.

I didn't know two anathesilogist were required.. I was surprised to see the other gentleman during the surgery they shown.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

No joke, there was one dude I knew who started asking me out freshman year - who I cold turned down daily because he was like 5'2. What is he today? A doctor...

That's why many of us women, and I do include myself here, are single for so long.  We have these requirements that have more to do with what we see on TV than real life.  And then women end up with criminals like the dude in "Dirty John."

• Love 3

Hold up... a professional dancer , gets into, goes and graduates from medical school  - Univ of Chicago ?   ( link to bio ) You go girl...

Now there is a story for anybody who wants or has to career change...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

And then women end up with criminals like the dude in "Dirty John."

Nah, Dirty John's last wife was just dumb.  If it hadn't been him, it would've been someone else.

I think you have to be sexually attracted to your partner or it's not going to work.  If taller women are not attracted to Fun Size dudes, it's just not going to work.  And oftentimes, taller women are willing to give a little guy a chance but little guy will have problems with her height like he wasn't aware of how tall she was when he stepped to her in the first place.

Lots of people have unrealistic standards for a mate but if you're not attracted to bite size guys you shouldn't force yourself to date one just so you won't be lonely in the future.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Look- up north here there is such a thing as big man weather. You can't be cuddling up next to Papa Smurf when it's 26 degrees outside. Kandi in ATL and Dr Messy Boots live in warm weather climates where having a big man to wrap around is not necessary. And yes, she absolutely did put in her work early and earned her position. But in my experience, southern and Cali girls were always way ahead of us NY/NJ/Philly girls when it came to tie them up and lock 'em down in undergraduate.

s-01a513d418fdcdb14fed4f9c59015d05c912bb

I hate you for this.  That's a real thing.

tenor.gif?itemid=7985826

you could've been typing this from the shores of St. Tropez.

13 hours ago, sATL said:

I.m still learning names...but the Dr who "ass slapped " HARD...and wasn't his children present in the room? ..

Sorry- what I saw and heard didn't seem to loving..hate to see what they do behind closed doors...do they require ice packs afterwards??

Spinning watch case ?? Well,  to quote the great theme song from the Jefferson's ... "Now we're up in the big leagues
getting our turn ,,,"

Robert.  Yeah the kids were leaving for school.  I love the idea of children seeing their parents interact affectionately.  Context is kind of important to me though, I don't know if I'd be super comfortable with our kids looking at my husband's set it off moves over cereal.  That love tap looked buoyant as hell lol but if she likes it.....

Did you say ice packs? Lol!!!  

tenor.gif?itemid=5418561

8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Nah, Dirty John's last wife was just dumb.  If it hadn't been him, it would've been someone else.

I think you have to be sexually attracted to your partner or it's not going to work.  If taller women are not attracted to Fun Size dudes, it's just not going to work.  And oftentimes, taller women are willing to give a little guy a chance but little guy will have problems with her height like he wasn't aware of how tall she was when he stepped to her in the first place.

Lots of people have unrealistic standards for a mate but if you're not attracted to bite size guys you shouldn't force yourself to date one just so you won't be lonely in the future.

Honestly this is when it gets irksome.   NO I will not change my shoes because I didn't lie about my height, I said it in 'merican and metric.  My footwear is the least of our problems, now I have to sit here and wonder what else you lying about.  

All day.  Ya'll.  Imma have to push the button right now on a dude who is the sweetest person in the world and build his own house handy.  But, incompatible senses of humor.  He was standing in my kitchen faced away from me and I snuck up behind him and crashed into his knee crease to see if I could make him buckle.  Now normally any man I do that to has a crazy periphery and he'll pretend he doesn't see me coming and brace, or he's already locked upon impact because "he ain't no punk".  Either way, this always makes both of us giggle.   This dude?  turned around and said what'd you do that for? It's like dating Carlton Banks.  There ain't a wall slamming bone in his body.  All that to say I commend the Sheniques and Jules from RHONY and that lady who can't leave the color pink alone on RHoD whose dude is worth a fajillion dollars and a full 5 inches shorter than she because you gone be reminded of it daily for the rest of his life.

12 hours ago, sATL said:

I didn't understand Dr Bitten reason behind the job search-move..she said there is only one way setting to do her speciality.  Orlando is a decent size city and there has to be places where people would need her service besides a major hospital like where you get colonoscopy, plastic surgery, oupatient surgery, etc. 

According to LinkedIn she left the service in 2010. Did 4 yrs one month.

I didn't know two anathesilogist were required.. I was surprised to see the other gentleman during the surgery they shown.

I think she was describing how she likes to structure her day.  In other words in Orlando she'd have to work set hours at a set facility.  But L.A. is one of the markets where there's more opportunity for her to be a floater doc (subbing in for permanent anesthesiologists at whatever facility has a need) and still be in control of her schedule.  At least that's how I understood it.   Wherever they wind up settling it sounds as though she wants to be more available for her family.  Also I don't know too much about Orlando but I would think just based on the cost of living, the salary opportunity is greater in L.A.  For some reason I had the impression (did she say this?) that she could make more part time subbing in California than full time working in Florida.    I've never seen more than one anesthesiologist in an o.r. at a time either.  I didn't get what she was saying about delegating - I mean I got that it just didn't make sense in the context of two chiefs, it looked like she was helping him.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

She was dumb and desperate and he was a sociopath con man. If it wasn't her/him, it would have been someone else for both of them. 

Dr. Britten's daughter looks a lot like my old friend's daughter. Her husband is cute.

Shanique gets on my nerves already. She's performing. She's the Mariah of this season. (I did laugh when she said the producers would be calling her in the middle of the night asking what she'd said in patois.) Cute kids though. I love gummy treats but I thought the gummy photo shoot was bizarre.

So it seems like the ex thing was messier than it needed to be, no? The ex said she hadn't spoken to Larry (it's Larry, right?) in years and she wasn't speaking to him at the party. I don't think I would have invited her unless we were very close (and I don't really tend to stay close with exes like that), but it seemed to be going down in a pretty low-key way. What am I missing?

Robert seems like a nice guy but he's too short for me. ("Is that your son?" was kind of cold!)

17 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I had one of those too except it was my junior year and he was a freshman. I don't know where he is today though! I went abroad junior spring and I lost track of him after that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, drivethroo said:

But here's the thing.  People are sexually attracted to people often for the WRONG reasons.  There are scores of women who wind up in abusive relationships because the man was "SO DAMN FINE." 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But here's the thing.  People are sexually attracted to people often for the WRONG reasons.  There are scores of women who wind up in abusive relationships because the man was "SO DAMN FINE." 

you know what?

tenor.gif

you right lol.    It's levels to it.  I'm gone reiterate that what was more important to 'nique than what he looked like was his potential.   Which, listen, I give her all the credit in the world for.  At 20 I wasn't taking no shorts lol.  Seriously though, for most of us, your definition of fine matures as you do so I don't know if I agree with you or drivethroo or both of you but you have to be attracted.  Or at the very least find his least redeeming quality tolerable for life.

• Love 2

has anybody googled the internet to find out what is the man's height?  And his childhood background story ? I mean some of the women grew up in tough places.. if old boy also grew up in an rough environment - his height surely didn't help stop the bullies..

On 3/11/2019 at 10:02 PM, sATL said:

Hold up... a professional dancer , gets into, goes and graduates from medical school  - Univ of Chicago ?   ( link to bio ) You go girl...

Now there is a story for anybody who wants or has to career change...

This show is pretty cute.  I like watching ATL cast in the episodes.

Give the dancers a break!  We got moves and brains! 💃🧠

On 3/4/2019 at 5:34 PM, sATL said:

Dr. Britten ,  raised in the Englewood neighborhood of s. Chicago ( Englewood consistently ranks as one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the city ( link2) ) , saw her mom work hard at 2 jobs, had ignorant folks making fun of skin-tone her as a child, follower of Tupac/Biggie, as a young woman served (IE had firearms/martial arts training) in a combat zone/war treating soldiers who were hurt from IEDs, and  got on a x-way in a jeep with no doors and Simone makes a unnecessary ugly comment in her home?

Well said! Simone is a bitter, miserable person. Is she ever nice to anybody except Dr. Jackie? And I agree with other posters that have said her views on having babies/freezing eggs is antiquated. Go back to the ATL, Simone!

• Love 3
On 3/12/2019 at 10:54 AM, Empress1 said:

So it seems like the ex thing was messier than it needed to be, no? The ex said she hadn't spoken to Larry (it's Larry, right?) in years and she wasn't speaking to him at the party. I don't think I would have invited her unless we were very close (and I don't really tend to stay close with exes like that), but it seemed to be going down in a pretty low-key way. What am I missing?

Larry wasn't even at the party, so Asha shouldn't have let them see her sweat.

Having said that, we find out there's more to the story since Robert said there was overlap between Asha and Aneesah.  Aneesah might not have known* about the overlap but from Asha's reaction, SHE did.  So I think the following scenario/dynamic is plausible:

• Robert & Aneesah are friends
  • Robert and Larry are friends
  • Larry was stepping out on Aneesah with Asha
  • Robert knew this, thought it was wrong of Larry & Asha to be creeping but held himself to the Bro Code and didn't say anything to Aneesah
  • Aneesah & Larry break up; she moves on.  She remains friends with Robert & Shanique.
  • Robert is still friends with Larry and he and Shanique tolerate Asha because she is now Larry's wife.
  • Robert & Shanique decide to be messy & secure their BRAVO bag by inviting Aneesah to the party to get under Asha's skin

They succeeded.

If Shanique was really friends with Asha, she should have and would have given Asha a heads-up about Aneesah being at the party. But she wasn't obligated to inform a guest at her house who else she is inviting to her house.  If you don't like who I invite to my house you can turn around and leave; no one will miss you.  But I suspect she only socializes with Asha because both of their husbands run in the same professional circles which is why she didn't give her that courtesy (also, storyline).

*Aneesah probably knew about the "overlap" between her and Asha, moved on and has been fine ever since.  You want him that bad? You can have him, and don't cry once you find out you have to keep him.

• Love 1

Episode 3:

"Jazzy's Dollhouse Brunch"

Asha puts a pause on her feud with Shanique to take Larry to their first family planning visit. During date night, Robert reveals shocking new information to Shanique about Asha and Larry. Dr. Britten is anxious after learning that her efforts to find a home might be a waste of time. While, Dr. Noelle uses her Eastern approach to treat a patient's anxiety. Later, the ladies attend a Dollhouse Brunch at Jazmin’s Beverly Hills mansion, leading some to question how she can afford her lifestyle.

Airs March 17, 2019.

@drivethroo I agree re: Dr Britten. I think she can pretty much "freelance" in L.A., leaving a more open schedule and probably more pay. Maybe thats why the other anesthesiologist had to be there cause she's not really a hospital employee? I love how she told her man You the Daddy lol 

Shanique is cute, I like her for now. I think she comes off kind of ditzy but she is a smart girl. I also like her and her short husband together. I do think she should have at least let Asha know that ole girl was invited, although she seemed hardly bothered about Dr. Larry. 

I dont trust Jasmine. You heard it here first lol. 

The gummy bear reveal should have happened in private. Twas Tew much. 

Asha seems a bit needy to me. She should have played it off at the party. I had to agree w Jasmine on that one. I mean sure I'd be upset at Shanique but I would NOT let it show that night. The whole public back and forth and then for Dr Noelle to say to Dr Smith "We've been talking about you alllll night"?? Thats a no-no! Dr. Heavenly ain't shit either lol. Cue Dr. Imani with the kum ba yah. Speaking of.....Dr Imani said her titties turned into fruit rollups after breastfeeding 😂 and then her husband with the "Is that your son?" I can't with them for real. 

• Love 1

I'm surprised that nobody brought up the topic of the bald head. Maybe y'all are unfazed bye a bald headed woman, but I'm not. I don't find a bald headed woman attractive. I think a woman always looks better with some hair on her head whether it's short or medium or long. And it especially irks me when ball headed woman acts like she's all that and a bag of chips because she's wearing no hair! She's got a lot more going for her then to think that it's her bald head that defines her. I'm also a bit surprised that her husband goes for it though, because most men, and especially black men, don't want no bald head woman. But if he's happy with it and she's happy with it more power to them!  I don't like looking at it though and not sure if I'll be able to continue watching this show as I find it visually disturbing.  I also don't know what Dr Imani is talking about when she says that there are no black doctors in LA.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I'm surprised that nobody brought up the topic of the bald head. Maybe y'all are unfazed bye a bald headed woman, but I'm not. I don't find a bald headed woman attractive. I think a woman always looks better with some hair on her head whether it's short or medium or long. And it especially irks me when ball headed woman acts like she's all that and a bag of chips because she's wearing no hair! She's got a lot more going for her then to think that it's her bald head that defines her. I'm also a bit surprised that her husband goes for it though, because most men, and especially black men, don't want no bald head woman. But if he's happy with it and she's happy with it more power to them!  I don't like looking at it though and not sure if I'll be able to continue watching this show as I find it visually disturbing.  I also don't know what Dr Imani is talking about when she says that there are no black doctors in LA.

Imani obviously suffers from self esteem issues.  At my psychiatrist office EVERYONE is black except one therapist.  He is Asian.  Lol!

What does she mean there are no black doctors in LA?

These women and  Barbie.  Barbie is a GODDESS. I don’t understand all the negativity.

All kids want something they don’t have because they see their friends with these things.

I am Latin and blond hair with blue eyes.  I was called Barbie my entire childhood. I loved all my Barbie dolls and love when people call me Barbie.

My Aunt married a red headed man.  My cousins to me were living dolls.  (2 girls my age and we were raised together) They are redheaded with those huge bouncy curls. I thought they were so beautiful.

I was obsessed with red hair.  I even dyed it red for a few years in high school.

My Asian friend, too. She was a living doll.  I loved her long silky black hair that never got frizzy.  I have wavy hair.

Here we go again.  A successful doctor and now Imani is going to call him a drug dealer. 

I like her bald head and think she gorgeous and has her own unique look.

But, I guess Imani has decided she will be the angry black female.

shame! Especially since she is the accomplished doctor.....and, not married to one.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Ugh Imani why did she have to say Jazmine’s house looked like a drug dealer’s house?  So common.

Maybe this guy also has big family money in addition to his doctor's income. These women don't know everything. Or maybe his wife comes from money. People don't always reveal everything and it is not always everyone's business!

• Love 2

It's not anyone's business, but if they're all in the same profession, they have a rough idea of how much they all probably make, depending on specialty. So to see Jazmin's house and knowing that her doctor husband's salary probably couldn't afford that house would raise questions.  But, for all we know, Jazmin/husband could've won the Powerball, one of their parents could've died and left them a lot of money, they could've invested well, etc.  Or they could be renting the house.  We don't know and as long as Jazmin/husband aren't asking the others for money to bail them out, it's none of their business.

Imani has a funny shaped head and I think she would look funny with or without hair.  She might have gotten tired of all of the relaxers & weaves and may have gotten tired of everything you have to do to maintain natural hair.

Jazmin is not as stupid as she puts on.

It is my observation that biracial people with black mothers are more comfortable embracing their black ancestry than not.  Upon learning Britten's black parent was her mother, I was not surprised she identifies as black.  Having said that, she needs to sit down on the doll discussion because there has always been a doll that looks like her.  I'm assuming everyone in this cast is in their 30s so I know there were black Barbies and Christies for them to play with.  The problem is that even though there have been black Barbies & Christies for little black girls to play with, children, black and white, are ingrained from a very early age that black is dusty, dirty and bad and this is what Asha & Noelle were referring to.  It's easy to dismiss the impact of what dolls look like if the dolls that are desired look like you.

Jazmin needs to stop playing that she gave the Barbie theme party with the intention of provoking discussion about dolls.  She liked Barbie and wanted to give a Barbie theme party* and there's nothing wrong with that.  She also came off FAR more intelligent in the doll discussion than she's been coming off as; that Kardashians brain dead act she's been putting on ain't it.

Larry don't want no kids with Asha; he's a doctor and he should know she doesn't have that much time left.  I wonder if Larry is trying to run out Asha's clock?

*I loved Jazmin's Barbie car centerpieces.

All black females are Angry Black Female or Irritable Black Female whether they're angry, irritable or whatever unless they're putting on a show like Diamond & Silk.  People will see Imani's appearance and conclude she's an Angry Black Female because she's bald and tall and she's probably just thinking about what to fix for dinner or wondering when the smog will let up.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 7

It was sad for me to hear the women talk about racial insecurities. I am older than they are and my friends and I never based our self-worth and esteem on white ideals. 

Jazmin is definitely not as stupid as she lets on and needs to drop the bimbo act. I do wonder why no one has ever met her husband, though, in a whole year of friendship. 

Larry definitely doesn't want children.

Imani has daddy issues.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Imani obviously suffers from self esteem issues.  At my psychiatrist office EVERYONE is black except one therapist.  He is Asian.  Lol!

What does she mean there are no black doctors in LA?

These women and  Barbie.  Barbie is a GODDESS. I don’t understand all the negativity.

All kids want something they don’t have because they see their friends with these things.

I am Latin and blond hair with blue eyes.  I was called Barbie my entire childhood. I loved all my Barbie dolls and love when people call me Barbie.

My Aunt married a red headed man.  My cousins to me were living dolls.  (2 girls my age and we were raised together) They are redheaded with those huge bouncy curls. I thought they were so beautiful.

I was obsessed with red hair.  I even dyed it red for a few years in high school.

My Asian friend, too. She was a living doll.  I loved her long silky black hair that never got frizzy.  I have wavy hair.

Here we go again.  A successful doctor and now Imani is going to call him a drug dealer. 

I like her bald head and think she gorgeous and has her own unique look.

shame! Especially since she is the accomplished doctor.....and, not married to one.

Black women do feel a way about Barbie. If you are of a certain age, Black Barbies were hard to find. You couldn't get one, and even when you did, she had a very particular look which was not reflective of the spectrum of Black womanhood. And it's not just Black girls. Ask any white/Latina/Asian girl who has black hair if they grew up frustrated at the limited number of dolls that looked like them and you'll see they say yes.

As for the drug dealer thing, I a little surprised so many people heard what she said as "Her husband is a drug dealer". What she actually said was THE HOUSE look like IT was owned by a drug dealer. It was a statement on the tacky decor- which she wasn't the only one to comment on. One of the other women likened it to something "straight out of Dynasty". 

And I don't think Imani has decided to be the angry black female. I think she simply recognizes that many people will see her that way, no matter how she acts, so she doesn't even bother to try.

• Love 6