Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Unforeseen Circumstances

• Start Topic

Surprises are in store when Jeff tells his wives about Jennifer's exit.  Dimitri decides to introduce Vanessa to Ashley's mom without telling her!  The McGees video chat with a potential sister wife.  Sophie Winder's family visits and tensions rise.

Edited by Adira
exit, not exist
1 hour ago, Adira said:

Surprises are in store when Jeff tells his wives about Jennifer's exist.  Dimitri decides to introduce Vanessa to Ashley's mom without telling her!  The McGees video chat with a potential sister wife.  Sophie Winder's family visits and tensions rise.

What surprises were in store for the wives about Jennifer?  "Ladies, Jennifer had to leave for a family emergency and can't do your nails".  Wives:  "ok".   The Alldredges had 2 minutes of air time this week, if you don't count the same footage they recapped from last week.

Ashley and her mother Donna go out to eat with the TLC camera crew filming them but don't suspect a thing.  They thought the cameras were there for a restaurant review and they were the lucky taste bud owners who got to eat the cuisine.  Turns out Donna shoots daggers with her eyes at Vanessa but will grudgingly accept her into the family.  Vanessa cries, but she seems very genuine.   

Bernie McGee exchanges Sexts with various women but still insists his search is for religious reasons only and they ("They" meaning he and subsequent wives) will only assume the missionary position after marriage and "missionary" is a religious word.  The two sons are adorable, as usual.

Sophie's mother who has one tooth in her head (but I liked her) and her monogamous brother come to sit on the couch that Sophie and her hubby just bought.  Brother's girlfriend came by for one minute but had to leave for work.  "Work is good", Sophie said.   Sophie and mum are ruffled because brother wants to be monogamous.   "It (polygamy) never made sense to me", he said.   Believe it or not, this scene helps the viewers understand Sophie better.  (Seeing the tree she fell from.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I'm sorry, but if my husband is sending myself and my mother away for a vacation for my birthday and then showed up to crash said vacation?  GTFOH.  No.   I love my husband but it's nice to get away from him, too, you know?  Then if he brought our GIRLFRIEND?  When I'm having lunch with my mom who is against having said girlfriend?  Way to bogart your wife's birthday trip to publicly stroke your already oversized ego.

Sophie bugs.  That smug smile on her face the whole time she's challenging her brother for....gasp!....not being into polygamy was immature and off putting. Seems like she didn't get much attention as a child and is trying to make up for it now. And apparently second wives don't get put on the dental plan, if mama is any indication.

The McGee dude is just a horndog looking for some ass.  He's like a kid BARELY restrained by his mama at the door of a candy store.   

Edited by lezlers
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Sophie bugs.  That smug smile on her face the whole time she's challenging her brother for....gasp!....not being into polygamy was immature and off putting. And apparently second wives don't get put on the dental plan.

Was Sophie's mother the second wife or the first wife?  Regardless, most of the polygamous families don't like going to the dentist.  Meri Brown's brown front tooth is evidence of that.

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm sorry, but if my husband is sending myself and my mother away for a vacation for my birthday and then showed up to crash said vacation?  GTFOH.  No.   I love my husband but it's nice to get away from him, too, you know?  Then if he brought our GIRLFRIEND?  When I'm having lunch with my mom who is against having said girlfriend?  Way to bogart your wife's birthday trip to publicly stroke your already oversized ego.

Ashley knew what was up.  There was NO WAY the TLC camera crew was there filming her lunch with mom if "Seeking Sister Wives" wasn't involved - so this was no surprise.  And it's possible that either TLC suggested this story arc to them and they agreed or Ashley and Dimitri came up with it between the two of them.  From what we have seen of Ashley in the last two seasons there is NO WAY she wouldn't be spouting lava and smoke if Dimitri sprung this on her and it was truly a surprise.  If TLC wanted the viewers to believe this was spontaneous they shouldn't have filmed Ashley and her mother prior to Dimitri and Vanessa's entrance - the camera crew would have simply followed them into the restaurant.  I am positive they needed prior permission to do the filming from the manager of the restaurant, as well.

• Love 9

Okay first of all how convenient was it that AS SOON as her one on one date was over and RIGHT BEFORE she was going to have to do her cowives' nails Jennifer gets this alleged emergency phone call?? 🤔🙄 Body language experts agree that assuming the goblet squat position while "on the phone" and huffing a cig= shady AF. I involuntarily thought it was her pimp on the phone with that crouching tiger hidden dragon pose she had going on. 

Dmitri sends Ashley away on a faaaaaabulous vacation EVERY year for her birthday and this year was certainly no different! She's been EVERYWHERE from Thailand to Timbuktu but this year? Yeahhhhh they decided to just do a lil domestic Southwest Special to L.A.?? Puh Leeze!! Oh and he'll stay home to watch the two oldest while you and your mom sun it up on the West Coast. Guffaw!! Dmitri doesn't watch those kids for her to go to Costco. Not buying what they're selling but I bet it was Dmitri's idea. He gets to spend time with Vanessa alone, which hes been DYING to do anyway. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Okay first of all how convenient was it that AS SOON as her one on one date was over and RIGHT BEFORE she was going to have to do her cowives' nails Jennifer gets this alleged emergency phone call?? 🤔🙄 Body language experts agree that assuming the goblet squat position while "on the phone" and huffing a cig= shady AF. I involuntarily thought it was her pimp on the phone with that crouching tiger hidden dragon pose she had going on. 

Dmitri sends Ashley away on a faaaaaabulous vacation EVERY year for her birthday and this year was certainly no different! She's been EVERYWHERE from Thailand to Timbuktu but this year? Yeahhhhh they decided to just do a lil domestic Southwest Special to L.A.?? Puh Leeze!! Oh and he'll stay home to watch the two oldest while you and your mom sun it up on the West Coast. Guffaw!! Dmitri doesn't watch those kids for her to go to Costco. Not buying what they're selling but I bet it was Dmitri's idea. He gets to spend time with Vanessa alone, which hes been DYING to do anyway. 

I laughed very loudly at this for several minutes.

Not one of the selfish, self centered Alldreges said "wow, a family emergency! Is she OK? Is there anything we can do to help?". Hell, even if you're side eyeing, pretend to give a shit, mmmkay?

Seriously, Ashley's birthday gift from her husband is a week away from him? I think this tells us everything we need to know. And yeah, way to make it all about YOU, Dmitri. Jesus, what a dick.

Sophie is so utterly insufferable, and with so little to be insufferable about. Howdy Doody is no prize. I don't understand these guys. They bring nothing to the table! They're not good looking, or intelligent, or charming. They're not rich or fabulously interesting. Is there such a shortage of dick that these unprepossessing characters are gathering up wives like so many autumn leaves? Sheesh.

• Love 16

Creepy McGee flirting is nauseating.  The boys were laughing at their parents.  I just feel sorry for the boys.  What 11 and 14 year old boys want to listen to their dad try and pick up women online (while their mom is in the room)?  Wife McGee obviously doesn't trust hubby.  She is checking his cell.  This is not going to work out well.

• Love 15

Winder wife number 1 is not happy at all, it is so obvious.  McGee is just in it for the extra sex partners.  Why does Vanessa have to bow down to Ashley's mother?  Will Ashley do the same for her mother?  I fear the Alldredges are in for another disappointment.  The look on Jennifer's face when  Jeff says something like 'we will get together again" and the half hearted response said it all, I would be shocked if she contacts them again.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Winder wife number 1 is not happy at all, it is so obvious.  McGee is just in it for the extra sex partners.  Why does Vanessa have to bow down to Ashley's mother?  Will Ashley do the same for her mother?  I fear the Alldredges are in for another disappointment.  The look on Jennifer's face when  Jeff says something like 'we will get together again" and the half hearted response said it all, I would be shocked if she contacts them again.

I think Jennifer will.  If her motivation is for publicity like I think it is, her 15 minutes aren't over yet.  I think this is drama cooked up by TLC.  "OH no - here Melena (or whatever her name was) dumps this family and now .... gasp.... will JENNIFER do the same thing?"  But no - it will turn out to be something like her niece broke her arm and was in the emergency room or something.  And instead of just SAYING what the emergency was - better to leave the viewers in suspense!!!!!!

She CLEARLY is a bad match for this family - and it just boggles the mind that Jeff, Vanessa and Sharis don't see it????? What the hell?  Every other soul on the face of the planet knows it's obvious that this bartender scantily clothed and provocative picture posting smoking motorcycle riding "feisty" (Jeff's words) woman isn't going to fit on Polygamy ranch, babysitting a herd of kids that aren't hers while popping out a herd of her own and sewing and cooking and cleaning all day.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I laughed very loudly at this for several minutes.

OMG! Me too, hilarious!

Yeah I'm getting bad vibes from Jen. Some people just have "drama" written all over them.  One minute she is gushing about how awesome the date was and "we have to do this with Vanessa and Sharise" blah blah blah, then after the phone call she's all "yeah right whatever Jeff see ya bye."

I mean. I hope it wasn't anything serious, but not too sure about her future with the Alldredges.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Why does Vanessa have to bow down to Ashley's mother?  Will Ashley do the same for her mother?

Oh that is adorable! 😂 Vanessa has no family now, except Dmitri and Ashley. She'll be lucky if they untie her long enough to shower.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Meri Brown's brown front tooth is evidence of that.

Blows my mind that she doesn't get that fixed especially since she's on TV 

I guess it shouldn't since the Brown's in general have yellow teeth... Plus that contraption they put on the young girl with the spine problem just screams. MEDIEVAL TIMES!

Typical religious hillbilly idiots.  Ugh!

• Love 5

It seemed to me that Mamma Donna gave her "blessing" to Vanessa because she has no choice, not because she was feeling warm fuzzies towards her son-in-law's new girlfriend. I think she knows she has to play along to continue to see her daughter and grandchildren. I wouldn't call her "supportive" as Dimitri and the harem kept trying to frame it.  If anything, Donna seemed resigned to the whole situation. 

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

It seemed to me that Mamma Donna gave her "blessing" to Vanessa because she has no choice, not because she was feeling warm fuzzies towards her son-in-law's new girlfriend. I think she knows she has to play along to continue to see her daughter and grandchildren. I wouldn't call her "supportive" as Dimitri and the harem kept trying to frame it.  If anything, Donna seemed resigned to the whole situation. 

I think it took the strength of a thousand wild horses for Donna to muster up that inkling of "support". As an older, seemingly strict and traditional woman I was kind of proud of her for doing as much. I imagine it was a huge struggle but like you said what choice does she really have? Ashley definitely gives me the 'cut my mama off for my man' type of vibe. 

• Love 10

This. Show.

The thinly veiled hostility, outright insecurity & clearly faked support of the original wives.

The cat that got the cream look in the eyes of the potential new "wives."

The bizarrely brief courtships.

The husbands--- not so subtly biding their time until they can get some strange--- to a person a pack of losers I'm surprised can get one woman.

What the Maury Povich?! Yet. I. Cannot. Look. Away.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

The cat that got the cream look in the eyes of the potential new "wives."

Right? Sophie is positively gleeful. She gets Howdy Doody all to her herself at her place, then gets to hang out with him and wife #1 at HER house. Does Wife #1 ever get her smug tool of a husband to herself? (Why she'd want this is anyone's guess but hey, she married him). The dynamics are so awkward and uneven. And worst of all, its two women squashing their own feelings and needs to please this twerp. First wife will never, ever cop to feeling angry or ill used. She should walk. Maybe she and April from season 1 can get a duplex together and run a B&B, or a daycare, or a cupcake bakery.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? Sophie is positively gleeful. She gets Howdy Doody all to her herself at her place, then gets to hang out with him and wife #1 at HER house. Does Wife #1 ever get her smug tool of a husband to herself? (Why she'd want this is anyone's guess but hey, she married him). The dynamics are so awkward and uneven. And worst of all, its two women squashing their own feelings and needs to please this twerp. First wife will never, ever cop to feeling angry or ill used. She should walk. Maybe she and April from season 1 can get a duplex together and run a B&B, or a daycare, or a cupcake bakery.

Quite a few first wives don't know what's in store when they marry the guy.  My husband came from a plural family but he didn't want to live the polygamist lifestyle - until many years and children down the road.  This seems somewhat typical in a lot of these cases.  Tami was married for 7 years before Colton decided to take another wife - and it's in the (fundamental) religion that you do or you go against God.  To go against what you have been taught your entire life is tough - and for those women who already have a lot of small children and sometimes just a high school diploma - leaving the husband and forging on her own is terrifying.   Plus, usually they honestly love their husband.  It takes a lot for any woman to leave the man she loves - and a ton of courage.  Afterwards she loses all of her friends and sometimes the support of her extended family, not to mention financial support.  Daunting with 5, 6 or more kids in tow.

I totally agree with what you said about Sophie.  It goes back to what I said about the husbands, too.  It seems like most of these husbands are just clueless or indifferent to how to tactfully bring a family together so that it will be successful.  Sophie gets hubby to herself at HER place - so why is she then at FIRST wife's place when it's first wife's turn to be with him?  And talking on camera about how they are ALWAYS in the bedroom - like first wife won't see the show?  It just seems carelessly or deliberately hurtful.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Kyanight, yes, I understand that there are social, family and religious pressures on these women, to keep them dependent and in line. Its still infuriating to me. Howdy Doody thinks he's Jason Momoa or something. He's so pleased with himself, like he's some catch. Gag.

For some reason ALL of the guys think they are a big catch.  Even McGee.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

It is interesting to me that the ones that do polygamy for religious reasons wait awhile to do so. Why not just start off the bat with more than one wife? That way, no one is “first.” I realize that it may not be practical to do so, though. 

Also, some of the men or women seem to have had a “Revelation” after reading religious texts—but not until adulthood or after being married. Didn’t they know about polygamy at all growing up or were they taught that it was wrong and then came to think it really is God’s plan? 

The only family on this show that seems to be doing it for religious reasons are the Winders. Imo, McGee and Snowden are not.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Adiba said:

It is interesting to me that the ones that do polygamy for religious reasons wait awhile to do so. Why not just start off the bat with more than one wife? That way, no one is “first.” I realize that it may not be practical to do so, though. 

Also, some of the men or women seem to have had a “Revelation” after reading religious texts—but not until adulthood or after being married. Didn’t they know about polygamy at all growing up or were they taught that it was wrong and then came to think it really is God’s plan? 

The only family on this show that seems to be doing it for religious reasons are the Winders. Imo, McGee and Snowden are not.

That would be really interesting - line up four young wives and the husband and marry them all at once.  I can't even imagine the stress and chaos!  lol  Marriage is always such an adjustment at first.

Don't forget the Alldredges - they are polygamists for religious reasons.  An interesting fact about the McGees - people who go to the church that the McGees went to (they just recently converted to Judaism) have never even heard of them.  Not a single person.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That would be really interesting - line up four young wives and the husband and marry them all at once.  I can't even imagine the stress and chaos!  lol  Marriage is always such an adjustment at first.

Don't forget the Alldredges - they are polygamists for religious reasons.  An interesting fact about the McGees - people who go to the church that the McGees went to (they just recently converted to Judaism) have never even heard of them.  Not a single person.

Right, forgot about the Alldredges— they were religious too.

I do realize that marrying multiple wives at once would be stressful (and likely unrealistic). But why wait too long? I couldn’t imagine settling into married life, adding several children, and then having to add a sister wife therefore readjusting the whole dynamic. The first wife is then used to having the husband full -time (as are the children) for years, only to have the routine and relationship upended.

Then again I wasn’t raised in or around polygamist families so I guess it’s hard for me to understand the logistics.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Then again I wasn’t raised in or around polygamist families so I guess it’s hard for me to understand the logistics.

And it varies so much for each individual family.   Personally I'm not sure that marrying all the wives at once would change much.  Although the first three Brown wives weren't married at the same time, the children were all first borns around the same time.  That didn't seem to make any difference as far the wives learning to adjust to their plural family life and each other's personalities/jealousies/etc.   And although I'm told Meri flaunted her "first wife status" - I don't think it gained her diddley squat except for what was in her head and heart.  Having more than one child is what mattered to Kody - and possibly who was the most fun to be around/spend time with.

And although I am starting to sound redundant - the wives' personalities are T H E biggest factor (next to the husband's ability to handle plural marriage) in success or failure.    Again, using the Browns as an example - the wives are WAY past the giddy stage with Kody - they certainly aren't jealous of Meri - and yet they don't seem to get along with her.  It has nothing to do with her being the former first wife - it is her personality and nature.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Dimitri knows how his wife would like to handle an important discussion with her Mom.  He decides to take it upon himself to do the exact opposite of what Ashley wants and spring it on her.  That is shady A.F.

Ashley says she needs to take the baby to LA because she’s breastfeeding.  At the start of lunch she goes “I can have a drink, yeah!”.  Makes no damn sense.

Dimitri and Vanessa have zero chemistry.  Dimitri wants to have a lot of sex and doesn’t seem to care who the other person is.  You would think the ladies would want to have at least a little attraction and connection with him.  Makes no damn sense.

If the McGees are looking for a sister wife who will be a second mom to their boys why is Ogre McGree looking and reaching out to women on his own?  Makes no damn sense.

Sophie is an ignorant bitch.   

I feel bad for the Alldredges.  They seem like decent people and got their hopes up about Skater Gurl and she is playing on their kindness.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Dimitri knows how his wife would like to handle an important discussion with her Mom.  He decides to take it upon himself to do the exact opposite of what Ashley wants and spring it on her.  That is shady A.F.

Ashley says she needs to take the baby to LA because she’s breastfeeding.  At the start of lunch she goes “I can have a drink, yeah!”.  Makes no damn sense.

Dimitri and Vanessa have zero chemistry.  Dimitri wants to have a lot of sex and doesn’t seem to care who the other person is.  You would think the ladies would want to have at least a little attraction and connection with him.  Makes no damn sense.

If the McGees are looking for a sister wife who will be a second mom to their boys why is Ogre McGree looking and reaching out to women on his own?  Makes no damn sense.

I feel bad for the Alldredges.  They seem like decent people and got their hopes up about Skater Gurl and she is playing on their kindness.

I agree with everything you said except for the first paragraph.  This meeting at the restaurant was set up by either TLC or Ashley and Dimitri - Ashley knew all about it - this was no surprise.  The CAMERA CREW was there, filming Ashley and her mother in the restaurant before Dimitri and Vanessa ever walked into the place.  Ashley never thought the camera crew was there while she was simply going to talk to her mother about polygamy - they did that not just once but twice last season.  There was no need to rehash Donna's views on polygamy.  She doesn't believe in it - we get it.  And I personally believe that Dimitri and Ashley coerced Donna into saying she approved of Vanessa prior to dinner - or else their role on the show was done.  Mama doesn't approve - Vanessa is on the plane home.

• Love 1

It kills me when these people say something along the lines of "God called me to this life".  Aarrgghh.  When somebody claims to hear from the Almighty directly - it puts everyone else at a disadvantage.  You might be thinking "bullshit"; but, since it is about you know... God and everything - then it doesn't feel right to challenge it.  But, they can say it is God's Will about anything and everything and know they get a free ticket.  I've known people just like that and I have a sneaky feeling that it is just them using that to convince themselves and/or others.  So - Sophie's thinks her brother is just wrong because he thinks polygamy doesn't make sense and so her comeback is "God called me...".  Yeah, ok.  

• Love 7

They already have two wives, a husband, and a whole bunch of kids. Why are they so emotionally attached to adding a third wife? Also, I get a funky vibe between the two existing wives. I don't think things are as rosy as they're trying to play off here. With the last "girlfriend", I got the feeling that Wife #2 was looking for a real friendship that she isn't getting from her current sister wife. The Aldredges present themselves better and don't let their freak flag fly as high, but I think they have just as many problems as the others. If anything, the husband rules the roost with a stronger hand to keep the fighting at a minimum, but that doesn't mean its a great situation.

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

They already have two wives, a husband, and a whole bunch of kids. Why are they so emotionally attached to adding a third wife? Also, I get a funky vibe between the two existing wives. I don't think things are as rosy as they're trying to play off here. With the last "girlfriend", I got the feeling that Wife #2 was looking for a real friendship that she isn't getting from her current sister wife. The Aldredges present themselves better and don't let their freak flag fly as high, but I think they have just as many problems as the others. If anything, the husband rules the roost with a stronger hand to keep the fighting at a minimum, but that doesn't mean its a great situation.

Jeff Alldredge also has a first wife and eight more children with her. She didn’t want to be part of the show so they never mention her. However, I don’t know if they are still together or if she lives with/near the rest of the family at the present time.

So in reality, Jeff is looking for a fourth wife and has 15 children.

I know there are religious reasons for wanting more wives and children, but because I am not of that belief system, I do not understand them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Jeff Alldredge also has a first wife and eight more children with her. She didn’t want to be part of the show so they never mention her. However, I don’t know if they are still together or if she lives with/near the rest of the family at the present time.

So in reality, Jeff is looking for a fourth wife and has 15 children.

Cindy left him awhile back and she and Jeff's kids are grown now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 2/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, LazyToaster said:

It kills me when these people say something along the lines of "God called me to this life".  Aarrgghh.  When somebody claims to hear from the Almighty Lazy Toaster

I must have glanced over at your user name and this came out when I was reading it. 

• LOL 3
On 2/20/2019 at 2:01 PM, Booger666 said:

After the Jocelyn fiasco last season and how Dmitri was raked over the coals for being too thirsty, I think Dmitri and Vanessa are purposely playing it cool. I would imagine things are spicier off-camera. I also get the feeling that Vanessa is attracted to Ashley as well. They are still dancing around the polyamorous thing, but it seems a bit more evident this time. Probably still trying to maintain some semblance of privacy, as odd as that may sound. They aren't hanging out all of their laundry just yet.

I don't know what's really up with the McGees, but it does not come across as a religious thing at all with them. The mister is just looking for some sexy times. He is barely trying to hide his excitement at the idea. Say what you want about any of the other polygamous men we've seen, but none of them have come across like Good-time Charlie horndogs except McGee and Dmitri. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I was kind of hoping someone would dig up some info on Jennifer- of course they leave us hanging on what and if she really had a family emergency. 

I was talking to her last night on FB.  She said she definitely had a family emergency.  I told her that they should have said what it was so that people didn't think it was made up for TV drama and I think I made her mad - she said her family business isn't anyone else's business and they don't want their personal lives on TV.  I read elsewhere where she said it took them months to convince her to even agree to go on this show.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Thanks for the update Kyanight!! 

If you want some interesting reading, go to The Alldredge Family page on FB.  But be kind - Sharis and Vanessa are real sweethearts.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I can't stand it when people give attitude about something they find intrusive yet it was played out on TV - & I don't care if it took them "months" to convince her she was still getting paid to be on the damn show, for whatever reason...

I get your point but her family and friends did not agree to be on tv, I don't blame them for not wanting whatever was going on to be put out there for public consumption and I respect her for keeping their business private.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

I get your point but her family and friends did not agree to be on tv, I don't blame them for not wanting whatever was going on to be put out there for public consumption and I respect her for keeping their business private.

I have no problem with her not giving details on their business. What I do get annoyed with is these reality show people getting pissy with people who ask them questions about their time on the show. They have to realize they are on TV, & it will encourage curious questions. Don't answer if they don't want to, but just don't be annoyed because questions are to be expected.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I have no problem with her not giving details on their business. What I do get annoyed with is these reality show people getting pissy with people who ask them questions about their time on the show. They have to realize they are on TV, & it will encourage curious questions. Don't answer if they don't want to, but just don't be annoyed because questions are to be expected.

Thanks for clarifying, I agree with this completely

• Love 3

Regarding the comment about the husband marrying all of the wives at one time... it makes sense in a way, so that everyone is adapting at the same time.   HOWEVER, anyone remember another polygamy show (My Five Wives, maybe?) where the husband married 2 wives on the same day?  There was the big issue of which one got to sleep with him first - thus jealousy.   I can’t even imagine having 4 women vying for their first time with him.  And what about the last wife that gets the “honor”?   How horribly sad to feel you are the least wanted, so to speak.  

The psychology behind all of this just blows my mind.  I’ll stick to my one husband, tyvm.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Regarding the comment about the husband marrying all of the wives at one time... it makes sense in a way, so that everyone is adapting at the same time.   HOWEVER, anyone remember another polygamy show (My Five Wives, maybe?) where the husband married 2 wives on the same day?  There was the big issue of which one got to sleep with him first - thus jealousy.   I can’t even imagine having 4 women vying for their first time with him.  And what about the last wife that gets the “honor”?   How horribly sad to feel you are the least wanted, so to speak.  

The psychology behind all of this just blows my mind.  I’ll stick to my one husband, tyvm.

Yeah.... that is really sad!  😞

• Love 1
On 2/21/2019 at 6:07 AM, Kellyee said:

To be clear, I am diametrically opposed to polygamy and do not think it is in the best emotional, mental and financial interest of all involved.  That said, the Alldredges appear well adjusted and happy.  They seem to like each other and make it work for them.  They are the only polygamists that I’ve seen on TV (which isn’t many) that I would like to talk with to get to know and understand better.  

I don’t see Jeff having a ‘stronger hand and ruling the roost’.  On the contrary, the first thing he did upon returning to the hotel was affectionally greet each wife, give them an honest update of his dat, and looked them in the eyes and answered their questions.  I understand not everyone may feel this way, but I genuinely believe they all like and respect each other.

I also liked that they got each wife a hotel room.  I thought it was considerate that they try to keep things consistent with how they handle things at home.  Contrast that with Piggy Ogre McGee who thinks he should have the master bedroom and the wives should bunk up which is disgusting beyond belief.  If it’s ‘your day’ are you expected to show up and wash the previous night sheets and remake the bed for your evening? Disgusting and cruel.  He tries every way possible to make it clear he wants to be the master of his brothel.  I wouldn’t be surprised if when he gets a second wife he makes her fill his Viagra RX on the first wife’s night as a mind f*ck.

Edited by Booger666
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

To be clear, I am diametrically opposed to polygamy and do not think it is in the best emotional, mental and financial interest of all involved.  That said, the Alldredges appear well adjusted and happy.  They seem to like each other and make it work for them.  They are the only polygamists that I’ve seen on TV (which isn’t many) that I would like to talk with to get to know and understand better.  

I don’t see Jeff having a ‘stronger hand and ruling the roost’.  On the contrary, the first thing he did upon returning to the hotel was affectionally greet each wife, give them an honest update of his dat, and looked them in the eyes and answered their questions.  I understand not everyone may feel this way, but I genuinely believe they all like and respect each other.

And yet we don't know the entire story.  There was a first wife who left.  It takes a LOT to force a first wife to make that decision to leave.  Divorce is pretty rare.  I asked her sister wife if she left because she didn't want to practice polygamy (for some couples it is a "calling" the husband gets years down the road that the first wife did not know was coming) or if it was something between she and Jeff (marriages fizzle) but I didn't get an answer.  Not surprising since it's totally none of my business, lol.  But still.  Wives TWO and THREE are happy - because they came on board knowing they were entering the world of polygamy.  What about first wife?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

And yet we don't know the entire story.  There was a first wife who left.  It takes a LOT to force a first wife to make that decision to leave.  Divorce is pretty rare.  I asked her sister wife if she left because she didn't want to practice polygamy (for some couples it is a "calling" the husband gets years down the road that the first wife did not know was coming) or if it was something between she and Jeff (marriages fizzle) but I didn't get an answer.  Not surprising since it's totally none of my business, lol.  But still.  Wives TWO and THREE are happy - because they came on board knowing they were entering the world of polygamy.  What about first wife?

You have such a unique insight into all this, having lived it, of course - I would love to hear your whole story! I think you should write a book! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

You have such a unique insight into all this, having lived it, of course - I would love to hear your whole story! I think you should write a book! 

Thank you!  I certainly have enough drama to fill a book, but I'm still extremely bitter.  I thought I was over the anger, but when I get typing away on these boards I feel it all over again.  I can get myself so steamed up if I talk on the boards (or FACEBOOK!) at night that I lay in bed and can't fall asleep!  LOL    It's funny to me right now, but that is SO not healthy!  And there "aint" enough counseling in the world that will make me get over it.   I thought it would be therapeutic to come to these boards and snark - and I guess it kind of is.   Snarking be fun!!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Thank you!  I certainly have enough drama to fill a book, but I'm still extremely bitter.  I thought I was over the anger, but when I get typing away on these boards I feel it all over again.  I can get myself so steamed up if I talk on the boards (or FACEBOOK!) at night that I lay in bed and can't fall asleep!  LOL    It's funny to me right now, but that is SO not healthy!  And there "aint" enough counseling in the world that will make me get over it.   I thought it would be therapeutic to come to these boards and snark - and I guess it kind of is.   Snarking be fun!!

Oh dear, I do hope it helps at least a little to vent and provide us with your voice regarding all this craziness. ❤️

• Love 2
On 2/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Sophie is so utterly insufferable, and with so little to be insufferable about. Howdy Doody is no prize. I don't understand these guys. They bring nothing to the table! They're not good looking, or intelligent, or charming. They're not rich or fabulously interesting. Is there such a shortage of dick that these unprepossessing characters are gathering up wives like so many autumn leaves? Sheesh.

Hahahahahahaha!  Hilarious 😄

On 2/19/2019 at 4:41 PM, Kyanight said:

I think Jennifer will.  If her motivation is for publicity like I think it is, her 15 minutes aren't over yet.  I think this is drama cooked up by TLC.  "OH no - here Melena (or whatever her name was) dumps this family and now .... gasp.... will JENNIFER do the same thing?"  But no - it will turn out to be something like her niece broke her arm and was in the emergency room or something.  And instead of just SAYING what the emergency was - better to leave the viewers in suspense!!!!!!

She CLEARLY is a bad match for this family - and it just boggles the mind that Jeff, Vanessa and Sharis don't see it????? What the hell?  Every other soul on the face of the planet knows it's obvious that this bartender scantily clothed and provocative picture posting smoking motorcycle riding "feisty" (Jeff's words) woman isn't going to fit on Polygamy ranch, babysitting a herd of kids that aren't hers while popping out a herd of her own and sewing and cooking and cleaning all day.

I still think it that for them it was just a free vacation to Niagara Falls.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:52 PM, Kyanight said:

I was talking to her last night on FB.  She said she definitely had a family emergency.  I told her that they should have said what it was so that people didn't think it was made up for TV drama and I think I made her mad - she said her family business isn't anyone else's business and they don't want their personal lives on TV.  I read elsewhere where she said it took them months to convince her to even agree to go on this show.

Yeah I call bullshit on that.  (on her, not you 🙂)

• Love 1