Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Jinger Has a Baby

Sew Sumi
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone remind me the names of the Duggars favorite movies they gave to the camera?  I recall someone said A Beautiful Mind.  Wasn't that Jeremy?  Of course, Lauren was The Sound of Music.  Didn't someone say the name of a recent suspense movie too?  

Joseph:  Sergeant York

Jeremy: A Beautiful Mind 

Ben: Woodlawn

Kendra: War Room

• Love 1

I kinda like Lauren. 😶

Totally agree. Kendra has grown on me.  

Joy looks so relaxed and chill now. She just kind of laughs through the talking heads like "who gives a crap". I like the new Joy much better. I previously thought Austin was controlling and tense but even he seems much more relaxed. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Joseph:  Sergeant York

Jeremy: A Beautiful Mind 

Ben: Woodlawn

Kendra: War Room

I hate War Room. I could go on forever about how much I hate that movie. Yes, let instead of fixing any of your problems or going to marriage counseling with her cheat, verbal abusive husband who was stealing from his employer or turning him in, filing for divorce and getting sole custody of your kid cause he'll be in jail. Let's just pray. Somehow everything well magically be fixed and all because some older woman butted her nose in and refused to listen to any of your problems instead telling you to just pray...oh wait now I see why it would be a favorite, I'm surprise its not all their favorite. That's basically, how the Duggars role. 

• Love 5

Okay- hold up!

This is Josiah and Lauren’s honeymoon and JB is so cheap he wouldn’t let them spring for decent flights? They flew from Arkansas to ORD in Chicago, to LHR in London to Austria??? That’s ridiculous. Unless Josiah and Lauren wanted to stop in London first.

I know ORD goes directly to Vienna. TLC was filming the honeymoon, let the kids be comfortable. 

I acknowledge that I’m checking my privledge right now, born and raised in Chicago I rarely have to connect anywhere and I can afford to fly directly. I love flying but connecting is a PITA and so unnecessary. JB is being cheap!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Okay- hold up!

This is Josiah and Lauren’s honeymoon and JB is so cheap he wouldn’t let them spring for decent flights? They flew from Arkansas to ORD in Chicago, to LHR in London to Austria??? That’s ridiculous. Unless Josiah and Lauren wanted to stop in London first.

I know ORD goes directly to Vienna. TLC was filming the honeymoon, let the kids be comfortable. 

I acknowledge that I’m checking my privledge right now, born and raised in Chicago I rarely have to connect anywhere and I can afford to fly directly. I love flying but connecting is a PITA and so unnecessary. JB is being cheap!

I know. I live in a city with a major airport and when I'm tempted to move away to a smaller city, I remember: connecting flights. Oh. Never mind.

Anyway, it may be the production company that cheaped out on the tickets. I've always assumed that the show paid for the travel for the cast (couple) and crew for those fancy honeymoons. I can't see JB shelling out for a honeymoon that requires passports or plane tickets. After all, JD can fly the horny happy couple around the US.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12

Ugh to changing planes. One of the reasons we moved is because of proximity to this airport and never changing planes. I wonder if there was a reason other than the money. A photo op in the airport with a picture of the Queen? Some airport tea? 

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Anyway, it may be the production company that cheaped out on the tickets.

I think TLC is really tightening its belt when it comes to underwriting the Duggars. The current contracts probably pay them less than they were getting in the golden days of "19 Kids and Counting" (there has to be a reason that all the girls are suddenly shilling products online) and the expensive perks have probably dried up a bit.

The show is still doing well in the ratings and it remains a linchpin of TLC's schedule, but the end is clearly in sight. The brand has been tarnished by Josh and Derick, which puts Jim Bob in a weaker position when it comes to negotiations: "This is what we're offering this time, take it or leave it". In addition, there is nothing to film anymore but an endless cycle of courtship-marriage-childbirth because the Duggars no longer even pretend to do anything else. Even the leghumpers seem to be getting bored with "new" episodes that are 90% old clips and recaps and with "very special episodes" that announce an engagement or showcase a birth that everyone knows actually happened months earlier. Right now, everyone is avidly awaiting a Jana courtship storyline, but once that plays out, what's left? 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I think TLC is really tightening its belt when it comes to underwriting the Duggars. The current contracts probably pay them less than they were getting in the golden days of "19 Kids and Counting" (there has to be a reason that all the girls are suddenly shilling products online) and the expensive perks have probably dried up a bit.

The show is still doing well in the ratings and it remains a linchpin of TLC's schedule, but the end is clearly in sight. The brand has been tarnished by Josh and Derick, which puts Jim Bob in a weaker position when it comes to negotiations: "This is what we're offering this time, take it or leave it". In addition, there is nothing to film anymore but an endless cycle of courtship-marriage-childbirth because the Duggars no longer even pretend to do anything else. Even the leghumpers seem to be getting bored with "new" episodes that are 90% old clips and recaps and with "very special episodes" that announce an engagement or showcase a birth that everyone knows actually happened months earlier. Right now, everyone is avidly awaiting a Jana courtship storyline, but once that plays out, what's left? 

You mean you don't want to see a string of teen marriages by howlers and lost girls? ;  )

Imagine just-turned-18-year-old Jackson's wedding ... With the groom photobombing every pic. And the TWINS' wedding! And Josie's. Lick that cake! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7

Regarding the connection-heavy travel to Austria, perhaps Josiah's being a pilot had something to do with this.  He maybe wanted to see a few more airports and planes.  For some people the journey is just as enjoyable as the destination.   Also, there might have been issues getting enough tickets on the available non-stop flights.  

• Love 1
On 2/24/2019 at 10:57 AM, Albanyguy said:

I think TLC is really tightening its belt when it comes to underwriting the Duggars. The current contracts probably pay them less than they were getting in the golden days of "Right now, everyone is avidly awaiting a Jana courtship storyline, but once that plays out, what's left? 

When josie gets married and/or when JB/MB become great-grands, that would probably be a 2 hr special.

And God forbid...if someone passes..still remember that eerie episode when JB father passed..

Edited by sATL

Jessa's story about feeling left out at a b-day party is just another version of the self-righteous family line of the Duggars "doing things differently". Being different has never been hidden, it's been bragged about since day one. If the story is even true, she probably sat a little farther away waiting for lightning to strike.

Now that Jessa has SM she knows that many think negatively about them. Prior to SM she most likely thought the family was envied and emulated by all. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4