Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
mantakesfish

S39 Spoilers & Speculation

Recommended Posts

While either Chelsea or Karishma getting medevaced would be bad in the short term, it might actually be good for Survivor in the long term.

Because there's only been one* female medevac before; Kourtney from One World, who injured herself on the first immunity challenge of the season.  A second woman getting medevaced means that Survivor could do another season like Philippines but with the female medevacs as the returning players.

*There's also been two mediquits: Dana from the aforementioned Philippines season because of stomach pain, and Bi from DvG because of her knee.  Both of them could have theoretically stayed, but quit because of their medical reasons.  If they were to do a total Philippines rehash, Dana should be the 3rd returnee.  I think Bi is done with Survivor.

Share this post


Link to post

New promo is out and it is Karishma who cut her hand but no it doesn't like she is going to be medavaced. She is pissed at her tribe though.

Edited by LanceM

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't it Wendy last season that was pissed her tribe didn't seem to care about her injured ankle?

Could still be a medevac at some point, although I take that rumor with a grain of salt since there's nothing to back it up with.

If Orange tribe loses, I think one of the guys go.  I don't see the women fracturing yet, and Vince doesn't seem to have any interest working with the men (I'm sure they'll try and frame it as a blindside).  On purple, hard to say.  I think that would be a more interesting vote over there.

Edited by LadyChatts

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder what the castaway sneaking into the other tribe's camp is going to accomplish. Do they have to take something from them? Find something? I'm interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I wonder what the castaway sneaking into the other tribe's camp is going to accomplish. Do they have to take something from them? Find something? I'm interested.

Retrieving an idol hidden in the other team’s home camp, maybe?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

Retrieving an idol hidden in the other team’s home camp, maybe?

That seems likely, as the rewards for the other challenges were immunity idols.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

In that interview Tom gave, where he gave away how the first vote went, he mentioned something about him and Elizabeth being on the same teams.  So it sounds like both make the tribe swap?  I'll have to see if I can find the exact quote.  

Share this post


Link to post

According to Sucks, the new Tribes look to be something like this:

NuLairo:

Elizabeth

Karishma

Noura

Janet

Tom

Jack

2 of Tommy/Jamal/Dan

NuVokai:

Missy

Lauren

Elaine

Kellee

Dean

Jason

Aaron

1 of Tommy/Jamal/Dan

NuLairo could be a wildcard tribe.  Karishma said in the preview she'd flip (probably editing), Noura might be bitter (but if she vote doesn't count, she can't do anything now anyway), but if Jamal's there he might flip as well.  

Jamal could also flip on his tribe at NuVokai if he's there.  I could see this being a case where he or Karishma get overconfident about being a possible swing vote and end up getting blindsided.  Jamal's edit has been negative the last three episodes, and too control hungry.  Karishma's also turning into a train wreck.  Will Dean be bitter?  Might be an interesting week.   

Share this post


Link to post

So Dan is apparently on NuVokai, which would mean Tommy and Jamal on NuLairo.  So that tribe has 3 potential bitter betties to flip.

With all the talk from Chelsea in her interviews about Karishma flipping on her old tribe, I wonder if she’s hinting to that very thing happening.  Old Lairo is screwed with numbers as it is.  They would need 2 people to flip to their side if it stays down tribal lines.  Although Noura doesn’t have a. vote so she’d be out.

Edited by LadyChatts

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So Dan is apparently on NuVokai, which would mean Tommy and Jamal on NuLairo.  So that tribe has 3 potential bitter betties to flip.

With all the talk from Chelsea in her interviews about Karishma flipping on her old tribe, I wonder if she’s hinting to that very thing happening.  Old Lairo is screwed with numbers as it is.  They would need 2 people to flip to their side if it stays down tribal lines.  Although Noura doesn’t have a. vote so she’d be out.

If Lairo gets picked off, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Getting rid of Chelsea wasn't a good move at this point in the game. If Karishma flips on Lairo, then every member of Lairo (besides Karishma) will be voted out of the game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

If Lairo gets picked off, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Getting rid of Chelsea wasn't a good move at this point in the game. If Karishma flips on Lairo, then every member of Lairo (besides Karishma) will be voted out of the game.

And after Missy's arrogance, and playing too hard too fast I'd laugh if she gets screwed over after that preview wheres shes saying " dean I got your girlfriend kicked off deal with it" . I agree with ya it was a stupid move just Missy "isnt no sheep" like she said last week. Cause she has to hide behind men I'm so sick of that kind of Gameplay

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 castaway is ejected this season, not voted off, ejected from the show.

Edited by Sir Vivor
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Sir Vivor said:

1 castaway is ejected this season, not voted off, ejected from the show.

I wonder if it is Feely Dan.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Sir Vivor said:

1 castaway is ejected this season, not voted off, ejected from the show.

Being as the preview shows a physical fight between two women, I would say this is correct.   The rules bar the contestants from that. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Being as the preview shows a physical fight between two women, I would say this is correct.   The rules bar the contestants from that. 

Wasn’t that Elaine and Missy?  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sir Vivor said:

1 castaway is ejected this season, not voted off, ejected from the show.

Where is this coming from? 

Has anyone ever been ejected before? I don't feel like they have. Wait, was Brandon Hantz?

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been trying to find the preview that shows the two women wrestling and can’t.  Does anyone know where it might be available?   

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Wasn’t that Elaine and Missy?  

I  thought it was definitely Karishma and possibly Janet.  There were tribe members standing over them gasping in shock, so I assumed it was an inter-tribe squabble. 
 Now you have me wondering if the pre-view( or commercial) was a fake-out and it  is in a challenge that involves wrestling for a goal line or something. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Has anyone ever been ejected before? I don't feel like they have. Wait, was Brandon Hantz?

I thought his teammates elected to have their tribal council vote immediately after they lost the challenge and Jeff agreed.  They said they were all voting for Brandon and didn’t need to wait until evening.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I thought his teammates elected to have their tribal council vote immediately after they lost the challenge and Jeff agreed.  They said they were all voting for Brandon and didn’t need to wait until evening.  

Yea, you're right. So I don't think anyone has ever been ejected from the game then?

Was there a preview for the whole season that showed another fight between 2 women? Because otherwise the only one I saw was the play fight between Elaine and Missy that was shown at the end of ep 4 and then that play fight aired in ep 5.

Share this post


Link to post

I have heard that the whole "we all agree to vote Brandon ff" was a complete sham and that the reality was the producers were ejecting Brandon from the game. I tend to believe this is true and it wouldn't shock me at all if production covered it up.

Anthony who occasionally posts here is saying on Sucks that Feely Dan leaves the game in an unconventional manner. So if this is indeed true I am guessing it is him.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think anyone has ever been ejected from the game then?

Varner, after the Zeke thing.  There was no vote.  Varner was simply snuffed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I thought his teammates elected to have their tribal council vote immediately after they lost the challenge and Jeff agreed.  They said they were all voting for Brandon and didn’t need to wait until evening.  

They said all that before the challenge.  They specifically said they were going to forfeit the challenge to the "fans" and go to TC; one of only two forfeited challenges in Survivor history.  Peachy decided to hold an impromptu TC right there and then at the challenge, with both tribes present.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Per the posters of Sucks, Dan supposedly makes the merge.  In the preview video when the tribes swap, Dan was shown in a TH wearing a buff that wasn't orange or purple (that video was taken down and they put up a new one).  

So something could happen on his end this week with him, but he doesn't get voted out, and this carries over.

Share this post


Link to post

From the spoilers at Clubs that Suck, Dean supposedly makes the family visit.  At this point, I think Dean could easily slip under the radar and make it end game.

I wonder if Sandra's comment about a woman winning this season is foreshadowing?  The women have had the biggest edits, and probably overall a little more positive than the men.  I don't know of the men at this point who might win.  Unless there's major redemption somewhere, Dan, Jamal, and Aaron probably don't have a shot.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if Sandra's comment about a woman winning this season is foreshadowing?

I love Sandra and think she has a good handle on the game, even one she's not playing (Rob too).  But I also think that TPTB have a vested interest in promoting the whole "idols" concept, and will want to make Rob and Sandra look like geniuses.  So I'm convinced that we're selectively seeing comments from both of them that support how the game ends up going.

In other words -- I think you're right!

Also:  Sandra gave a version of the "million dollar quote" about Janet.  Others who are possibly getting a good/winner's edit:  Kellee, Missy, Elaine.

Edited by Special K
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Special K said:

I love Sandra and think she has a good handle on the game, even one she's not playing (Rob too).  But I also think that TPTB have a vested interest in promoting the whole "idols" concept, and will want to make Rob and Sandra look like geniuses.  So I'm convinced that we're selectively seeing comments from both of them that support how the game ends up going.

In other words -- I think you're right!

Also:  Sandra gave a version of the "million dollar quote" about Janet.  Others who are possibly getting a good/winner's edit:  Kellee, Missy, Elaine.

Missy has gotten an arrogant I'm running this edit so hopefully its leading to her getting blindsided or Aaron getting blindsided.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Missy has gotten an arrogant I'm running this edit so hopefully its leading to her getting blindsided or Aaron getting blindsided.

Ventured into this thread which I typically don't do, but I wanted to see how far Jamal makes it because I can't stand him.  Interesting that there really aren't any definite concrete endgame spoilers.

I don't think Missy's edit is indicative of anything.  Tyson and Tony Vlachos also had the arrogant "I'm in charge" edit and they both won.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

From the spoilers at Clubs that Suck, Dean supposedly makes the family visit.  At this point, I think Dean could easily slip under the radar and make it end game.

I wonder if Sandra's comment about a woman winning this season is foreshadowing?  The women have had the biggest edits, and probably overall a little more positive than the men.  I don't know of the men at this point who might win.  Unless there's major redemption somewhere, Dan, Jamal, and Aaron probably don't have a shot.  

I really like Tommy  , he's a teacher. I have no real interest in the others . I do hope a woman wins this season.

51 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Ventured into this thread which I typically don't do, but I wanted to see how far Jamal makes it because I can't stand him.  Interesting that there really aren't any definite concrete endgame spoilers.

I don't think Missy's edit is indicative of anything.  Tyson and Tony Vlachos also had the arrogant "I'm in charge" edit and they both won.

Missy has her eyes and ears on everyone, I like her. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Missy is intriguing.  My gut feeling is she ends up getting blindsided, because I feel like she's making too many moves too soon, and that may end up biting her.  Plus, she might be burning bridges in the process.  On the other hand, this could be the edit of a strong gamer that wasn't afraid to make moves, burn bridges, and was always thinking ahead.  So who knows.  This doesn't seem like the typical season when it comes to editing.  And on that note, I'd be floored if Karishma won.  Kellee to me seems like the best bet of the women, followed by Janet and Missy.  Though with Janet I feel like she's there but we still haven't gotten as much from her compared to the other girls.  Lauren I don't really get anything from yet, either.  Same with Elizabeth.  

Elaine seems like a strong gamer that's fooling everyone with her naive country bumpkin schtick, but I'm not sure if she's got the best read on everything after what happened last week and not realizing her tribe was sacrificing her up (though from Jason's interviews, it sounded like the old Vokai members planned on voting Aaron and keeping Elaine, but not letting the old Lairo members know).  I get the sentimental softie boot that almost makes it to the end, but just falls short of the final 3.  But hey, at least she'll get the Sia consolation prize.  

As for the men, I don't see Aaron, Jamal, or Dan winning.  Tommy and Dean are long shots, but I wouldn't rule them out, especially Tommy.  Still, with the way the editing is going so far, I'm leaning towards a women winning.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Whimsy

We are splitting this topic into two.  This one now is for the Season 39 Speculation & Spoilers ONLY.  Take season 40 discussion to the newly created thread.  Thanks!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size