Type keyword(s) to search

S39: Spoilers & Speculation

mantakesfish
Message added by Whimsy

We are splitting this topic into two.  This one now is for the Season 39 Speculation & Spoilers ONLY.  Take season 40 discussion to the newly created thread.  Thanks!!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Not quite the first.  Remember beef-jerky-gate?  Can't remember his name but it was in one of the early seasons.

He was an American, I believe he was an Army officer. He might have been a dual citizen but he was an American.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Not quite the first.  Remember beef-jerky-gate?  Can't remember his name but it was in one of the early seasons.

That was Kel. Season 2. 

Funny, I remember almost everyone thru the first seasons, but nowadays, when the season is over, I forget almost everybody. It took me until the finale of this season to realize I kept mixing up Lauren and Victoria's names.

• Love 4
On 5/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, fishcakes said:

They're both great players because they're good at figuring out tribe dynamics and working around them, but I can't see them being very useful if they're not living at the camps and knowing the various personalities and alliances.

Bingo.

4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I wonder Rob and Sandra will be mentors like in The Voice in that they pick and coach their own teams. Then maybe who has the most team members left at the merge comes into the game.

Hmmmm.....  Now wouldn't that be interesting....

On 2/26/2019 at 1:01 PM, Hanahope said:

I don't expect them to leave Fiji any time soon.  They appear to have a good deal there, and have plenty of room.  Other than the seasons that went to completely different places (Australia, Africa, China, Amazon, Guatamala) pretty much all other seasons were on some type of island.  Would people really know the difference if Survivor said they were back at Vanuato, or Pearl Islands?

If they do a 3 tribe thing, I'm sure they could get 6 or 7 "interesting" prior winners.

I read an interview with Probst that said he loved Fiji, that it was a different world from when they started making it harder to find new locations and that they would probably be staying in Fiji.  It also said he has bought a house in Fiji. 

31 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

Didn't I just see Amber Rob and Sandra in a s40 cast release?  Confused

Not certain what is a spoiler and what isn't so see the spoiler

Spoiler

Sandra and Rob are listed on Season 40 list. I have no idea what that means for Season 39 and have kept my theories in the Season 40 list

So the rumor is Sandra and Rob are playing as Mentors.  Don't know whether that means that they don't participate in challenges, go to tribal etc. but thats what it sounds like to me.  

Also saw that the title of 39 is Island of Idols..............doesn't sound promising for idol haters:)  Though if its "island" I wonder if that is the extinction island they are talking about.  Some new spin with it. 

(edited)
18 hours ago, marys1000 said:

So the rumor is Sandra and Rob are playing as Mentors.  Don't know whether that means that they don't participate in challenges, go to tribal etc. but thats what it sounds like to me.  

Also saw that the title of 39 is Island of Idols..............doesn't sound promising for idol haters:)  Though if its "island" I wonder if that is the extinction island they are talking about.  Some new spin with it. 

I wonder if it's more Idols as in HII, or Idols as in Sandra/Rob.  I guess it'll depend how exactly the twist works.

Redmond has identified all but 4 of the contestants this season.  Have to say it's a very different looking cast than we've gotten the last few years.  I don’t know exactly why Lynne was let go, besides the rumors that floated around,  it if this is what casting will look like going forward, it’s a long overdue change.

Edited by LadyChatts

Idea,  maybe Rob and Sandra will be on the Island of Idol, formerly known as EoE, and play mentor from there?  On further thought, well probably not.  How would they know what was going on well enough to give advice?  And would they really call it Island of Idols?  Rob and Sandra as idols? 

On 5/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, mikewho said:

That was Kel. Season 2. 

Funny, I remember almost everyone thru the first seasons, but nowadays, when the season is over, I forget almost everybody. It took me until the finale of this season to realize I kept mixing up Lauren and Victoria's names.

Same here.  I can remember nearly the entire cast from the first few seasons.  However, nowadays I cannot remember hardly anyone from the current seasons.  Hell I can't even remember the name of the guy who just won the last season after he was voted out third. 

Elizabeth Beisel is a big deal here in Rhode Island.  Whenever the Olympics come around she always being talked about.  Should be interesting to see her play.

Looking over the cast it is weird but there are two people from my state on this season (Elizabeth and Jamal).  With Rhode Island being the smallest state I am shocked to see two players in this game from my state.  Then you have Molly who is from Boston which is only a hour from where I am at.  So I guess I have three people that I will have to root for because they are my "hometown" players. 

Also, Rhode Islanders tend to do well on the show (Rafe, Hatch, Helen from season 5)  so let's see if that happens again.

• Love 2

Ok, wow.  The little film clip with the huge idols on the beach made me laugh out loud this mornining. 

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a27358009/survivor-season-39-rumors-cast-premiere-date/

One contestant application video and some other small tidbits and speculation
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2019/05/survivor-island-of-the-idols-survivor-39-cast-twist-date-location/

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 1

OK.  I just read through all the bios that @Whimsey posted (thanks!).

Interesting crop of castaways this year.  I have a few favorites, just based on the bios, which will probably turn out to be instant assholes because that's the way my Survivor cookie gets crumbled.  A lot of them seem to be rather musically inclined.  That was interesting.  Maybe we'll get some impromptu jam sessions...  Two personal injury lawyers, and what looks to be some serious athletes. 

For the record, I like Missy, Elisabeth, and Jamal.  I think Ronnie may be an interesting player to watch, but I think he may just be a little too into his poker strategy.  There's a couple folks who have listed "laziness" as a pet peeve, and they'll probably bitch around camp the most and irritate themselves right out of the game.  I'm really not liking the woman who ranted about "Dad" tennis shoes being back in style--WTF?  I suspect that Vince will be incredibly annoying, but he may surprise me.  I want to like Elaine, but I think she's probably going to be one of the crabbiest campers.  I kind of like Tommy, but I think he'll get so sunburnt on the first day that he'll disappear into the shade after that and we won't see him again until he's voted off.  I predict that Aaron is going to be a huge jerk. 

Wow.  Sandra is pretty full of herself.  I hope she doesn't preen too much as a mentor and make people approach the queen on their knees. 

Y’all ... in all honesty, I may have to give this season a pass.  

So far I have yet to  find absolutely ANYTHING remotely engaging about this season’s entire concept - just the same old returning vets struggling to further milk whatever illusory relevance they think they get from this show, plus a double-down on bullshit I fucking hated LAST season.

• Love 2

All I can say is that I am so looking forward to seeing Boston Rob again.  He generally did well with figuring out how to change up his game and he built an amazing shelter and furniture (?) which I hope to see him do again with Sandra.  I know that many don't like him, I didn't either after his first season, but since then I've become a fan.

• Love 5

I'm a little tired of the crap casting. The personal injury lawyers seem pretty much like one of Probsts "ooh interesting social experiements" that he loves so much, along with the poker player which we've seen before and...don't remember being noteworthy. 

There there is the big city NYC, LA dominance with the token spunky Kentucky hillybilly underdog.  Gah. 

There's a post on Sucks where Tom seemed to spill details of his tribe's first TC.  The article in question you have to pay to read, but a poster provided the quotes.  He mentioned his tribe getting flint for winning the first challenge, but it sounded like this was for the first TC.  So maybe there was a separate RC to start the game off where his tribe won flint?

Basically Tom said that two alphas on his tribe wanted to target a "lesbian farm girl", but Tom said the vote ended up changing thanks to him, and one of the alphas got blindsided (Probst supposedly said it was a massive blindside).  

Tom's tribemates are Chelsea, Elaine, Missy, Karishma, Elizabeth, Vince, Ronnie, Dean, and Aaron.  So possible first boot (or at least the first boot from this tribe) would be one of the those 4 guys.  I'm hoping for Dean.  Also, big surprise who the original target is.  Nice to see nothing changes!  If Tom isn't just seriously trolling.  Though the guy's a recruit, so maybe he doesn't understand how pre-show interviews work.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

There's a post on Sucks where Tom seemed to spill details of his tribe's first TC.  The article in question you have to pay to read, but a poster provided the quotes.  He mentioned his tribe getting flint for winning the first challenge, but it sounded like this was for the first TC.  So maybe there was a separate RC to start the game off where his tribe won flint?

Basically Tom said that two alphas on his tribe wanted to target a "lesbian farm girl", but Tom said the vote ended up changing thanks to him, and one of the alphas got blindsided (Probst supposedly said it was a massive blindside).  

Tom's tribemates are Chelsea, Elaine, Missy, Karishma, Elizabeth, Vince, Ronnie, Dean, and Aaron.  So possible first boot (or at least the first boot from this tribe) would be one of the those 4 guys.  I'm hoping for Dean.  Also, big surprise who the original target is.  Nice to see nothing changes!  If Tom isn't just seriously trolling.  Though the guy's a recruit, so maybe he doesn't understand how pre-show interviews work.

Tom also said at a NYC event he didn't last long in the the game yet in USA he said I turned 61 while I was out there. His birthday is April 15th which would be Day 26.

12 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

Tom also said at a NYC event he didn't last long in the the game yet in USA he said I turned 61 while I was out there. His birthday is April 15th which would be Day 26.

"Out there" doesn't necessarily mean in the game.  He could have been sequestered?????

• Love 1

In today's world would anyone say lets tgt the lesbian farm girl on tv?  Or to people who would spill the beans on tv?  Even if you would say that to your friends you would have to know you would be criticized forever.  Of course there was the Dirty 30 season so..........

True Del901

• Love 1

Another preview.  Posting here because there's a scene that looks like Elizabeth(?) might have discovered the season's twist of Rob and Sandra on the island of ridiculous giant heads.  So if that doesn't happen episode 1, Elizabeth survives until it does.

Episode 1 title/description:

"I Vote You and That's It"

One castaway gets fired up when learning a lesson; Boston Rob Mariano and Sandra Diaz serve as mentors; castaways question whether likability will prove to be a liability.

Edited by LadyChatts
On 9/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, Nashville said:

Y’all ... in all honesty, I may have to give this season a pass.  

So far I have yet to  find absolutely ANYTHING remotely engaging about this season’s entire concept - just the same old returning vets struggling to further milk whatever illusory relevance they think they get from this show, plus a double-down on bullshit I fucking hated LAST season.

I know, right? After 19 years of filming this show, now no one can survive the game without a mentor? I've seen every season since the start, but I think I'm done now.

The fact that Sandra and Rob are watching tribal council and are forming opinions about their favorites and who's smart etc....sounds like they could have a hand in manipulating gameplay as things go on.  Is this what TPTB want, biased "mentoring"?

Are the "lessons" they are going to teach planned in advance regardless of who arrives, or will they give contestant- or situation-specific advice? 

Either way, I like them both, and love their snark, especially from the spy shack (Tony Vlachos is somewhere claiming credit), so I don't mind.  I could've done without the editors milking Elizabeth's Big Decision Moment for soooo loooong though.  Geez.  Hope they stop that.

• Love 4

So it appears we not be swapping to three tribes this season.  Boston Rob, as he does every season, posted a picture of his daughters wearing the buffs for the current season.  There appears to be only 3 colors (purple, orange and blue) which some are speculating means that we are have a traditional swap between the 2 tribes and then the merge. I so hope this case as the swap to 3 tribes is boring and predictable and with the added addition of IOI will be just too much to cover.

P.S. Amber still looks amazing!

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 9

So I questioned whether or not was appropriate to place an OFFICIAL promo from CBS for the next episode which blatantly spoils who goes to IOI. I decided to place it here because I know there are some that will probably be pissed about it. lol

I wonder if purple ends up losing-they got the most attention in the end of episode preview, and now here.

Unless it's snoozeville over at orange.  I'm all here for whatever makes Noura go off.

Edited by LadyChatts

How does this actually work? Does someone from the losing tribe always send someone? Or was that just for the first person, as that person then chose a name from the other tribe? I wonder if this continues after the merge?

6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I thought Elizabeth picked someone's name from the button bag (TM Project Runway) while she was there.

Yup.  And she was told she couldn't know who it was.

So what happens when more and more of them go there?  They will obviously know who else knows the secret.  And I'm still curious how this works-is everyone going to get a chance to go?  Are Rob and Sandra here until the end?  And could they really not come up with a more creative lie than pretending IOTI is Ghost Island?  Although the way they recycle themes on here....

Onto next week, there had been a rumor floating around that there was a medevac this season.  I've seen it in a few different places.  I'm not sure where it originated or what they have to back it up with, but we do see an injury and whoever was injured said they could see the bone.  So maybe there is some truth to that?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So what happens when more and more of them go there?  They will obviously know who else knows the secret.  And I'm still curious how this works-is everyone going to get a chance to go?  Are Rob and Sandra here until the end?  And could they really not come up with a more creative lie than pretending IOTI is Ghost Island?  Although the way they recycle themes on here....

Onto next week, there had been a rumor floating around that there was a medevac this season.  I've seen it in a few different places.  I'm not sure where it originated or what they have to back it up with, but we do see an injury and whoever was injured said they could see the bone.  So maybe there is some truth to that?

Which tribe had the injury? Wasn't it the Vokai tribe?

13 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm thinking Karishma.

Karishma's a bigger woman; built more like Cirie.  It's hard to tell from the shot in the promo, but that looks like a woman of a  comparatively smaller build.  So I'm thinking Chelsea.  It is one of those two, because it's definitely not Elaine, Elizabeth, Missy, nor any of the Vokai women.

1 hour ago, SVNBob said:

Karishma's a bigger woman; built more like Cirie.  It's hard to tell from the shot in the promo, but that looks like a woman of a  comparatively smaller build.  So I'm thinking Chelsea.  It is one of those two, because it's definitely not Elaine, Elizabeth, Missy, nor any of the Vokai women.

Looking at it closer, I do think your right.  Chelsea had that same yellow jacket/shirt on tonight, and the hair looks more dark brown/medium length than Karishma's, and her hair is black.  Also the skin complexion doesn't match Karishma.  So yeah, I'm leaning towards Chelsea for now.  

Well boo, I'd hate to lose Chelsea. I really like her so far. I like Karishma too even though we've haven't seen much of her. 

If one of them is medevaced, I could see the women's alliance dissolving because of it. Another boo because I wanted to see the women's alliance dominate.

23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well boo, I'd hate to lose Chelsea. I really like her so far. I like Karishma too even though we've haven't seen much of her. 

If one of them is medevaced, I could see the women's alliance dissolving because of it. Another boo because I wanted to see the women's alliance dominate.

But Probst would love it. So his male alliance he likes can form