Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, candle96 said:

Teresa to Jackie: "You're not my kind of people. You don't talk to your sister."

Oh, Teresa - the woman whose godmother to her daughter is not speaking to her sister.  😂

At the height of her fallout with Joe, didn't she say she hadn't spoken to her brother for a year or something? Her brother has called her trash, garbage, a liar, etc. on NATIONAL TELEVISION and she's using someone's sibling relationship as a means to judge their character? What does it say about you that your own blood has said such vile things about you? What does it say about you that your own husband referred to you as his 'bitch wife', you've been accused of setting up an operation on national television to out your sister-in-law as a former stripper, isn't your father estranged from his sister and aren't you estranged from that sister's children? oh yeah, and your dumb ass went to jail. Who is Teresa to judge anyone's familial relations? They need to bring back the twins and just have them respond to everything out of Teresa's mouth with 'clink, clink bitch', lol.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20

So wishing I could give Libertarian Sluts post eleventy billion *hearts*....minus one for the "titillating return of Caroline", who I found to be a hypocritical bore.

The only thing this cast needs, and has needed for a long time is for Melissa and Joe Gorga to be cut or FOH status only. The rest would be a fun watch!

And it's not the Teresa show really? That's not what I saw reading the last 4 pages here, LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

"Money Can't buy you class" indeed. It can't buy taste either. Listen, I can outfit my ass in forever 21 and somehow manage to look classier than Jennifer. Her taste is way off. It's severely off. I have not seen one look on her that I would wear or admire and they probably cost more than my house. It's a shame, really. 

Delores is one of my style faves along with Melissa (for NJ).

Bethenny Frankel- I have to give it to her, Almost 100% of the time, I WANT her outfit.  Even the simple top and jeans. A blazer to pull it together, c'est magnifique! Her personality leaves much to be desired though.

• Love 11

I picture pre show, in the dressing rooms Danielle and Teresa, Danielle is Mickey and Teresa is Rocky Balboa. Mickey is screaming in Rocky’s face. “This is your show”. Don’t back down”. “Hit em with a “are you thirsty”?  “Your rules your couch” 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Season 1 was a helluva lotta fun.  I remember Danielle was obsessed with Dina liking her (I think it was at a birthday party for Jacqueline's son, and Danielle was all "will Dina be here" and "is Dina coming"), and Dina saying about that "I don't know if she, like, wants to be me, or skin me and wear me like Versace”.

Oh you missed the best part - "...wear me like LAST SEASON'S Versace."

31 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I noticed that when Teresa repeatedly stated that it was her show and that everyone who went against her was gone (!!!), Andy never took the opportunity to correct her.  Fucking amazing start to the reunion.  I knew God had a plan when He allowed me to sit through the three-part trite that was the Married to Medicine reunion.

Vicki from RHOC also said this to Shannon a few seasons ago, and allegedly, she is being reduced to "FRIEND of housewives."  Andy didn't correct her either.  I hope that's true and I hope and PRAY Teresa is gone from this show soon.

• Love 7

Let's say Tre does leave RHONJ for a season .  what will she do for income ? She says almost daily that she has 4 daughters to support ( and now add in college & her father) and it will take a minute for Juicy to earn a decent wage, if he stays in the US. Has she paid back everyone she/they owe?

If Juicy goes back to Italy - does she have to pay him $$(ie alimony/allowance)  to at least get him established there ? Which could lead into "Teresa checks in Italy" mini-series.

NeNe also left RHOA for a season (#8- 2012), but she also had tv shows and other means of $$ coming in. Actually a couple of years later, she was on Broadway.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

whaatt?? I missed this announcement. 

Teresa's dad and his sister, Kathy and Rosie's  mom did not speak for like 15 years. Not too clear on the reason but think it had to do with a couple of hundred dollars. 

Edited by Reality police
I can't spell
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I'm in between meetings and looking at a document that a coworker whose English is second or third language wrote. And yes there are errors, but they are grammatically consistent errors that always occur with people who speak her first language, first. Her first language is structured differently, but the mistakes follow the correct form of her first language. Does that make sense?

Then I thought of Teresa's. I understand her first language, though born in America, I believe, is Italian, she was born and socialized here, but the real problem is Teresa's problems aren't simply grammatical, and they don't follow a set logic, but very basic word hoard understanding. Teresa isn't very bright. I'd say, Teresa comes across as functionally illeterate. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
19 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'm in between meetings and looking at a document that a coworker whose English is second or third language wrote. And yes there are errors, but they are grammatically consistent errors that always occur with people who speak her first language, first. Her first language is structured differently, but the mistakes follow the correct form of her first language. Does that make sense?

Then I thought of Teresa's. I understand her first language, though born in America, I believe, is Italian, she was born and socialized here, but the real problem is Teresa's problems aren't simply grammatical, and they don't follow a set logic, but very basic word hoard understanding. Teresa isn't very bright. I'd say, Teresa comes across as functionally illeterate. 

Yes. 2 quick examples that I see almost daily . (1) in English , the adjective is before the noun - like the green dress. In Spanish it is " vestido verde". (2) the date . In English it is common to see written Feb 21 , 2019:  as 2/21/2019.  A coworker, would sometimes write in her notes/yellow sticky - 21/2/2019.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Neveragain said:

Hey guys I completely see where you are both coming from.  My take is that there is no debate that’s Teresa did not write the book alone.  As Tattleteeny says, there was a co-author (not a ghostwriter; agree that’s a different thing) who probably authored the entire book and Teresa gets credit too bc she is the star and the name people are buying.  That is the nature of celebrity authorship and the readers understand that.  But what I think Keywestclubkid is trying to say is that she is too stupid and incomprehensible to even claim any type of authorship of the book. Teresa arguing with Jackie that Jackie is only a blogger whereas she herself is a NYT best-selling author is the problem.  She is comparing her best seller to a blogger and that makes me feel like she is comparing their literary prowess and ignoring the fact that while her name and face sold the books her writing most certainly did not 

Haven't regularly watched this show in years, but tuned in for a short bit of the reunion. Re bolded: I agree that is what Teresa meant by her comment--which is laughable. No way did Tre sit in front of a blank page/screen and put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard to write--except for maybe a very rough bullet list of events/facts in her life. Any recipes in her cookbook were probably stated orally to the co-author, or written down by an assistant and forwarded, imo.  

Can you imagine Teresa sitting in front of a keyboard or with a pen and paper and even starting to write a rough outline or draft? I can only imagine her thousand-yard stare, lol.

I do get what both of the original posters meant--perhaps it should be said that Tre was the "credited" co-author.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

las, I'm thinking that is precisely what it will be.  And if so, I'm done.  Especially if it's a continuation of the Guidices painting themselves as being victims of circumstance.  I'd rather watch Marge and Joe, financial problems, warts and all.

Same here, but I don’t want to watch them in the shower ever again.  🙈

Edited by Stats Queen
Typo
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

It was worse than bitch, it started with a C, if I'm not mistaken?

You may be right. The C word was my first thought as well but I wasn't too sure and too lazy to check so I went with the safer word, lol.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

"Aren't you on parole" !!!  Jackie I love you!

Hahahha! Tree sat her stupid ass right back down on the couch when Jackie said that! Like a lightbulb went off. Oh, yeah, I'm not allowed to attack anybody. Damn it!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Teresa calling Jackie white trash. Think about that.

tenor.gif?itemid=9969656

10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wonder if Bill can get his mail-order postage back when he returns her.

All $5.99 of it?  Lmao!! She was born in Long-guyland, NY.

10 hours ago, swankie said:

I was so hoping Jackie would shoot the word ingredientses at Teresa!  She has got to be the most illiterate of all of the Housewives.  And her face always looks like it will break into a million pieces at any moment.  Her makeup is horrible.  

Sadly it looks like her and Melissa's truce will end after this reunion.  If so, I won't be watching next season. 

You're a better woman than I.  I came and I stayed for this exact reason.  I'm convinced there was a come to Jesus in the Gorga household whereupon one Mrs. Gorga told Killa Joe howabout I'm sick to death of this shit and if you don't leave me out of it or back me up when I'm in it you can literally kiss my toes and cucha goodbye and he said bet.  I never liked that trick no way.   Normally at worst Melissa says nothing trying to be neutral and at best stands by Tre's raggedy ass side.  "You're a terrible sister in law, you're the worst, I'm embarrassed for you, etc."   I was like bitch come through, you ain't even down to the white meat yet, GIT HER! 

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Teresa calling Jackie 'white trash' was rich, indeed.  I know she has trouble understanding what people say to her, but does she even understand what comes out of her own mouth?

I also miss the Manzos.  I actually liked Caroline (she reminds me a lot of my own mom, yes she is tough and babies us at times but she's the one crying if any of us get hurt) and thought her younger son (Chris?) was hilarious.

Ok don't think this is shady lol, I had to come back to this for a second.  The thing about Teresa's reads that makes em like - bish, huh? is they make no sense.    This is one or all of a racial, economic, or class dig.  Any way you slice that pie though, bish, huh?  Look, we get that you have a little trouble understanding the words coming out anybody else's mouth, you don't understand the words coming out of yours.    And while we're on it, let's Zapruder this thirsty comment.   I don't believe that it was a mind shuffling word slip.  I took it exactly as Melissa did.  She was about to try for a jugular move but aborted mission when it sounded better to have meant to call her thirsty.  See she followed up are you hungry with have you eaten anything today.  It was finna get grimy and Melissa knew it too because she knows this chick from the inside out.  

How do either of them have cable television and not know what a mail order bride is? 

Speaking of which.  Marge?  Being a legacy ho means you're banned forever from saying slick shit to anyone about the nature and/or condition of their relationship.   Evah-ever, in life, for all time.   As much as I hate Jennifer anytime she wanted to leave my marriage in her mouth I'd be like my husband was single when I met him.  So was my mama's.   What were you saying about Bill?  Catch.

6 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I haven't seen the Reunion (I tend to avoid them before checking here first) but I have one question for Teresa - so WHAT if Jackie "contrived" to get on the show?  She's not allowed?  YOU have to have approval of all new castmates?  Yeah, I think not, Ignorantapotamus - Melissa wouldn't be here if that was the case.   Apparently the powers that be thought Jackie would be worthwhile to include.   She goes to a book signing years go and that constitutes "stalking" you?  She "researched you"?  Uh, you put yourself and your personal life into every friggin' magazine and online site that will have you to the point where your practically the Jersey version of the Khloe Kardashian.  

She makes you look like the ignorant asshat that you are.  And yes, your fucking husband was a liar and a cheat and you went right along with it because it afforded you the lifestyle you wanted..  You are a convicted FELON, lady.  You spent time in a prison in Danbury, not a spa in Darrien.   And your husband is now likewise situated - and Jackie is within her rights to mention it when you and your posse attack Melissa about "controlling" her husband.  You put the argument on the table.  What Jackie witnessed was a pile-on directed at Melissa and decided to speak up for her.  Too bad.  

Can we can get some intel on where Jackie lives?  I wanna send her a tshirt with this exact phrase printed on front and back so she can post up wearing it for the other 3 people n the book signing line and any/everywhere else Tre shows up.  

1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

This is the thing that really steams me about Teresa.  When Jackie said that the world revolved around Teresa, her response was something along the lines of, yeah, it does bitch, because my husband's not here.  My response is, so whose fucking fault is that?  Her cheating huzzzband is in the clink because he's a convicted felon fraud (just like Teresa) and that doesn't give her the right to take it out on anybody, and it's a really lousy excuse to be an even lousier person. 

It totally baffles my mind that anyone can be as irresponsible and flat out stupid as Teresa. 

235635.gif

and? when he was here you was all kinds of bitches, on a whole camera and hot mic.  Giiiirlll.  If you don't take your dusty aguilera delusional ass and get on somewhere. 

16 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I'll take my table of one - I wish someone would muzzle Jackie. She IS a cold-hearted bitch, and a boring one at that. Shut your damn trap. She obviously went for Tre and Jennifer on purpose. 

She's one of those educated snobs who thinks intelligence is a virtue and should be weaponised. Bitch, I have more degrees than you and guess what? I'll take Tre any day of the week over your fake ass.

She is so damn thirsty and I hope to God she never comes back.

Mel continues to be a shitty sister-in-law. Now I remember why I always disliked her. She sees an opening with Joe's deportation and is hoping if she pounces harder this time she'll get the show to herself.

Mel and Jackie are huge hypocrites - going after Delores when they're CLEARLY each other's yes men. Don't come for Delores because no one owns her and she's not afraid to tell you what's wrong with you.

I'm apologizing in advance for the imagery this created for me:  intellect as the butter knife of weapons - because if you can shank somebody using a butter knife, bish you won.  Lol!!

Delores g'awn and release David back into general population, you don't love him.  Quiet as it's kept you don't even respect him, talmbout Frank is building David's house.   I cried real giggletears. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I'd say, Teresa comes across as functionally illeterate

Early on, I learned that Teresa's job before becoming a stay at home mom was a buyer for Macy's. I looked into it and saw that Buyers don't make very much. Pretty much low to mid. But I always loved the premise of it. I considered it a sort of prestigious career and hard to get into. She probably had some connections. I don't know how she could carry something like that. 

• Love 3

Good lord on whole wheat toast. Jennifer is even worse in longer doses than she is in short bits in various episodes. I am profoundly grateful I don't know her in my real life.

Clearly, Dolores doesn't like Melissa very much. I don't know why she doesn't just own it.

Theresa is such a fumble-brain. I swear, I don't understand why she would pretend to have written books when she has no command of the English language at all. Theresa's facial expressions are not as cute as she probably thinks they are either.

For me, the jury's still out on Jackie. If she comes back next season, I think we'll understand her better.

Margaret can be shady. She has a good heart, though. Or I think she does.

• Love 9

By the end of the hour Jackie owned Theresa. Teresa was so intimidated all she could say was:

Oh yeah? Really? Surrrreee, uh huh, whatever, oh right, stalker! shut up! How embarrassing for Teresa. Poor thing needs a rest so she can get her thoughts together. She needs Danielle to get out there and do the fighting for her. 

Andy Cohen can stop with comparing Jackie to Carrie Bradshaw. Carrie was single, living in the city, hanging with her besties, looking for love, on and off with BIG, obsessed with shoes and broke most of the time. Jackie is married with 4 kids and lives in the burbs. Where is the comparison? Is it because Jackie is a writer? Please.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

She's one of those educated snobs who thinks intelligence is a virtue and should be weaponised. Bitch, I have more degrees than you and guess what? I'll take Tre any day of the week over your fake ass. 

Early on, when Jennifer was upset about the article mentioning her kids, Jackie, in talking to some of the other ladies, said something to the effect of, "When I write something that upsets someone, I live for that. It's great." Right there, she acknowledged she's a mean girl who likes upsetting people, and enjoys her ability to do so. She can take her "I didn't mean to be offensive, and you are paranoid" act and have several seats.

With Margaret and Jennifer, there were so many times Margaret was right and Jennifer was way out in left field, except for the brouhaha regarding Marge's and her mom's affairs. She was the one who, as Jennifer said, put it "on blast" and she shows no compunction nor remorse about it. She thinks everyone should just accept it and not make any note of it. She obviously didn't give any consideration to the wives whose lives were turned upside down, and she can't imagine why anyone else would. She reminds me of Eileen on RHOBH. Instead of acting all self righteous, she needs to own it, instead of acting like a twit over arranged marriages.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Same here, but I don’t want to watch them in the shower ever again.  🙈

Unpopular opinion but I think it's cute that Joe B and The Marge shower together every day.  Impractical (unless they have fancy double shower heads) but cute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Kiki777 said:

Unpopular opinion but I think it's cute that Joe B and The Marge shower together every day.  Impractical (unless they have fancy double shower heads) but cute.

I totally agree that it’s cute, but my eyes, my poor eyes 😜🙀

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Adiba said:

Any recipes in her cookbook were probably stated orally to the co-author, or written down by an assistant and forwarded, imo

In fact, didn't Kathy Wakile get on her about using several of HER mother's recipes in the book?  And Tre claiming that they were hers or her mothers?  Which I'll actually give to Tre, since it may very well have been Tre's Dad's recipe I could understand since he would have been taught to cook by the same woman that taught Kathy's mother.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

3. It is standard publishing procedure for noncareer authors to have coauthors. This is especially true for celebrity figures. We do not know how much or little input Teresa had in this process (you do know that it could be as little as someone sending her questions that she answers via e-mail, right?). Nowhere have I said that she did it herself. I do not believe that she did. And I don't care that she didn't because, again...standard procedure in publishing. Whatever, none of us were there.

I don't work in publishing, but there are a number of Housewives books that almost certainly have ghostwriters not co-authors. The first and highest profile example is Pretty Mess by Erika Jayne. The reason this is the highest profile example is because sitting down with her ghostwriter was Erika's storyline literally her for a season. We actually see her sit down and work with her ghostwriter, Dame Brian Moylan. Brian's a very well known housewives recapper and his name might have helped to sell the book. Additionally, the following first-time author Housewives books have no co-author:

• Class with the Countess published by Penguin,
  • Life on the Ramonacoster/Post Hill Press,
  • Rinnavation and Starlit/Simon & Schuster,
  • Life is Not a Reality Show (Kyle Richards)/Harper Collins,
  • Hiding From Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within (Taylor Armstrong)/Simon & Schuster,
  • Simply Divine: A Guide to Easy, Elegant, and Affordable Entertaining (Lisa Vanderpump)/Running Press,
  • Little Kids, Big City: Tales from a Real House in New York City (With Lessons on Life and Love for Your Own Concrete Jungle) (Alex McCord and Simon van Kempen)/Sterling & Ross,
  • The Soap Opera Mystery Series (Eileen Davidson)/Obsidian,
  • Love Italian Style (Melissa Gorga)/St. Martin's Griffin,
  • Wives, Fiancées, and Side-Chicks of Hotlanta (Sheree Whitfield)/Dafina,
  • Secrets of the Southern Belle (Phaedra Parks)/Gallery,
  • Some of Kelly Killoren Bensimon's books, and
  • Aviva's Leggy Blonde and Writer Girl's books.

There are a lot of Housewife books without co-authors. And sort of what @Keywestclubkid has said and what I believe is that Teresa's publisher realized Teresa didn't have the experience, organization, attention span, or mental acumen to put together a book with a ghostwriter. I also suspect that they wanted to capitalize on the popularity of the show and co-authorship would be faster than ghostwriting. Because I think they knew that if they gave her ghostwritten chapters after 3 or 4 interviews and expected Teresa to review and revise those, the process was going to slow to a crawl.

3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I noticed that when Teresa repeatedly stated that it was her show and that everyone who went against her was gone (!!!), Andy never took the opportunity to correct her.

Andy has NEVER corrected anyone who has ever said this. Not Nene. Not Vicki. Not Reza. This doesn't mean shit. He doesn't even produce Shahs. He could have gone hard on Reza, but he didn't. Andy is a weasely piece of shit who during the season 10 Atlanta reunion went just as hard on Kim as any of the other women did. I'd say that he's responsible for probably 20% - 30% of that takedown, but a couple of weeks later he's excoriating the women of Atlanta for ganging up on Kim and wished he could have done more to protect her. When this obnoxious reversal resonated so poorly with fans, his disingenuous ass reversed itself again. There is nothing to be gleaned from how he responds or conducts himself during reunions because he's always been bad at it. He's shady, shitty, and always been particularly bad at this part of the job.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Neveragain said:

Exactly what I thought when I heard her say that.  I totally believe Teresa hit Jackie with the “aren’t you hungry” as a dig at her previous eating disorder.  (She forgot that Dolores mentioned she had that too bc that was so briefly mentioned). The. When it went off like a lead balloon, crickets, and Melissa telling Teresa how wrong that was to say, Jennifer came in and threw a life raft to Teresa by saying she meant to say thirsty.  Of course that made Teresa look even stupider, but less cruel.

I think Teresa is misreading the room, and the audience.  We are ready for her to go.  I like Jackie a lot though I agree she needs more story.  I hope she stays.  I hope Teresa leaves.  

I know lots of you say bravo didn’t even run the show when she was in jail, but the rest of the cast was so ho-hum then.  It’s a much stronger cast now and I think they can get along fine without Teresa.  She has really crossed the line to despicable and it’s not fun to watch in a hate/fun way, it’s just really uncomfortable and not what I look for in my guilty pleasure reality tv watching!

Also now that her friendlier veneer has been stripped off I can now more easily see the horrible woman who ripped off all the contractors and other regular people who worked on her house, then declared bankruptcy and went to jail and still never made them whole 

It's also so despicable how many people support and love her, knowing full well she grifted a lot of hard working people out of needed money and was CONVICTED for it.  MISS me with that, "I love Tree crap". I'm watching to feel better about how stupid she truly is and finally being called on it. 

Edited by evansmom10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

OMG I love that - remember Season 1 Danielle said "keep your friends close and your enemies closer!"  (I know she didn't originate this saying)

HA!  That is awesome.  I also checked Twitter (why??) but I was pleasantly surprised to see that everyone was hating Teresa.  I really hope she saw that, and I hope Bravo saw that too.  We don't like the criminal!

How did she use it incorrectly?  That whole scene runs together in my mind.

(NM I see you clarified above)

Same!  I was getting anxious watching her last night, why do that to myself?

I should have clarified my post better, and I should have used paragraphs better (although I hope not to lose the eleventy billion minus one likes from @Audpaud either).

What I should have done is expressed my amazement that Andy didn't respond to Teresa's multiple assertions that this is her show.  It's...audacious?  Is that the word?  I mean, it's an ensemble cast, and even if it's true, I can't believe how blatant she was about it.  At the time of watching, I was so shocked that I said to my husband (who is good enough to sit through this with me) "Wait...did she just break the...fifth wall?"  I was just shocked that Andy, the shittiest host ever, didn't say anything. (I wish Vinny G from Jersey Shore would host these things.  He gets in and gets the job done).

The only thing I will give Andy credit for is asking Dolores (without attributing it to "Gilda from Dubuque") "Why don't you just admit you hate her?"  I was like, "hello, where has this bitch been for literally the last ten years?!?"

I should have put in a separate paragraph that this reunion was fucking epic.  I didn't think Andy's failure to respond to Teresa was epic as much as it was shocking.  I thought the whole thing was epic because of all the blood that was drawn and all the gloves that were off.  

I won't believe that Vicki is being demoted until I see it.  I take the rumors with a grain of salt.  Rumor also had it that LVP wasn't returning for this current season of RHBH.  I think Teresa, Nene, Bethenny, LVP, Vicki, Gizelle, and Leann run their respective franchises and I don't think they're going anywhere (for better or for worse).  

@heatherchandler, I think I accidentally cut off the part of the post of yours that I was quoting.  I'd like to blame the new format of the site, but I think I'm just terrible at quoting.  Hopefully I was able to make a modicum of sense.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
58 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't work in publishing, but there are a number of Housewives books that almost certainly have ghostwriters not co-authors. The first and highest profile example is Pretty Mess by Erika Jayne. The reason this is the highest profile example is because sitting down with her ghostwriter was Erika's storyline literally her for a season. We actually see her sit down and work with her ghostwriter, Dame Brian Moylan. Brian's a very well known housewives recapper and his name might have helped to sell the book. Additionally, the following first-time author Housewives books have no co-author:

• Class with the Countess published by Penguin,
  • Life on the Ramonacoster/Post Hill Press,
  • Rinnavation and Starlit/Simon & Schuster,
  • Life is Not a Reality Show (Kyle Richards)/Harper Collins,
  • Hiding From Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within (Taylor Armstrong)/Simon & Schuster,
  • Simply Divine: A Guide to Easy, Elegant, and Affordable Entertaining (Lisa Vanderpump)/Running Press,
  • Little Kids, Big City: Tales from a Real House in New York City (With Lessons on Life and Love for Your Own Concrete Jungle) (Alex McCord and Simon van Kempen)/Sterling & Ross,
  • The Soap Opera Mystery Series (Eileen Davidson)/Obsidian,
  • Love Italian Style (Melissa Gorga)/St. Martin's Griffin,
  • Wives, Fiancées, and Side-Chicks of Hotlanta (Sheree Whitfield)/Dafina,
  • Secrets of the Southern Belle (Phaedra Parks)/Gallery,
  • Some of Kelly Killoren Bensimon's books, and
  • Aviva's Leggy Blonde and Writer Girl's books.

There are a lot of Housewife books without co-authors. And sort of what @Keywestclubkid has said and what I believe is that Teresa's publisher realized Teresa didn't have the experience, organization, attention span, or mental acumen to put together a book with a ghostwriter. I also suspect that they wanted to capitalize on the popularity of the show and co-authorship would be faster than ghostwriting. Because I think they knew that if they gave her ghostwritten chapters after 3 or 4 interviews and expected Teresa to review and revise those, the process was going to slow to a crawl.

I didn't disagree on (or look up) any of that, and never made a claim (and don't believe) that Teresa is an accomplished writer. I never said that none of these HWs have ghostwriters; I said that Jackie used "ghostwriter" incorrectly and that, according to the rules laid out by the industry, Teresa counts as a best-selling author. If Erika's was a true "ghostwriter," they wouldn't have advertised that in advance, especially following the logic that people knowing his name would help sell the book.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Random question - when Teresa mentions the article and Jackie just calmly says "you didn't read it" - is that based on something?  Did tre say on the show she never read it?

I don't remember anything specific about who read it and who didn't, but most of the women had an opinion but never read it. Jackie was pretty safe assuming Teresa never read it. IMO Teresa doesn't have the attention span to read it. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I hope you're joking....because I don't think Teresa will drop everything and move to Italy with her girls.  She is too much in love with the spotlight and all that goes with her Bravolebrity status.  If Joe is deported, I think he may have to go to Italy alone, so that he can drink wine with his cousins and roll on down those narrow hills and stairs in his hometown.

She’s not going with Joe to Italy...she has a new boy toy.

13 hours ago, sATL said:

I miss the Manzos' little 30 min show too.. I don't think their show even reruns, anymore.

Lauren got the wedding of her dreams, a hair salon,  and a baby and they went MIA. I  Kinda would like to know how albie and chris are doing ( have they found wives and/or a steady career) . and if Vito ever opened his own deli empire.

From what I remember Albert Sr looked tired and exhausted from his building restaurant/event space empire, so I was wondering if he was going to slow down a little.

I loathe the Manzos...glad they no longer have a show with their fake lives and loser kids.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I was just shocked that Andy, the shittiest host ever, didn't say anything. (I wish Vinny G from Jersey Shore would host these things.  He gets in and gets the job done).

Ok, @LibertarianSlut, so I thoroughly disagreed with your entire original post, every word, which surprised me because I usually like what you write and agree with you on many things.  And I’m a libertarian too.  But I kept my big mouth shut and just moved on.  (Everyone has different opinions of course, but team right couch? No way!)

But now you’ve gone too far!  Vinny from jersey shore? Come on girl he’s the Ringo Starr of that group. Lucky to have been chosen and brings nothing special at all. Only Paulie could be Paulie only Snooki could be Snooki, etc but I could go on set tomorrow and play the part of Vinny, as could my husband and every other Staten Island person I know! (I’m not from Staten Island but I can play one on tv)

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I don't remember anything specific about who read it and who didn't, but most of the women had an opinion but never read it. Jackie was pretty safe assuming Teresa never read it. IMO Teresa doesn't have the attention span to read it. 

I think Jen said she didn't even read it, didn't she? I don't really believe it though--I mean, how could she not?

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Reality police said:

IMO Teresa doesn't have the attention span to read it

LOL true.  Hell a Garfield comic strip would be too hard to get through.

Ok so I don't know much about the prison system, but Jackie asked if Teresa was on parole.  I thought she had gotten out early for good behaviour- is that the same thing?  And is she on some kind of probation which inspired her short-lived namaste phase?  She proved in this episode that her violent tendencies are still there, that's for sure...

• Love 4
18 hours ago, swankie said:

That's exactly what Jackie asked her and is why Teresa is going at her throat now.  Teresa has no cognitive thought process.  All she heard was Jackie mentioning Joe being in jail and immediately went off the deep end.  The fact that Jackie was using the situation strictly as an example proving that her theory of being able to control your spouse was bullshit went totally over Tre's head.  It's like Jackie inadvertently used the code words "Joe/jail" and Teresa went immediately into attack dog mode.  There is just no reasoning with her.  

I think that's exactly what Jackie did - she used the very words she knew would draw an explosion from Teresa. In fact, she did the exact same thing in one of the earlier episodes. She was baiting her with a proven trigger. I'm sure she could have come up with some example not so close to home, but she wanted to see an out of control Teresa in order to make her takedown easier.

Let's face it. Tre has many issues and is often outrageous, but Jackie went for the jugular. If she did that to me, I would be livid to the point of apoplexy, too.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 2

This is getting real good 😉 

I’m a fan of Jennifer - like any housewife with star potential, she’s got ego, but she’s also got confidence, sass, wit, tenacity and brains to back it up. She’s a smart girl. 

Cant stand Margaret, she’s an opportunistic bully. 

I get why Teresa gets annoyed with Jackie, but she really lost her cool in the end. Teresa has ego, but NO brains or wit to back it up. She just yells irrational shit and she’s used to it shutting people up. She can’t play that with Jackie, tho, she is not afraid of Teresa and does not care about being her friend. 

Melissa seems more confident to stand up to Teresa now that she has Jackie by her side. Interesting. 

I want to like Danielle and keep rooting for her bc I felt so bad for her S1 and S2. I think she is a damaged person. 

Delores - she’s looked real good all season - the hair, the face, the body (lost all the weight from last yr). 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I should have clarified my post better, and I should have used paragraphs better (although I hope not to lose the eleventy billion minus one likes from @Audpaud either).

What I should have done is expressed my amazement that Andy didn't respond to Teresa's multiple assertions that this is her show.  It's...audacious?  Is that the word?  I mean, it's an ensemble cast, and even if it's true, I can't believe how blatant she was about it.  At the time of watching, I was so shocked that I said to my husband (who is good enough to sit through this with me) "Wait...did she just break the...fifth wall?"  I was just shocked that Andy, the shittiest host ever, didn't say anything. (I wish Vinny G from Jersey Shore would host these things.  He gets in and gets the job done).

The only thing I will give Andy credit for is asking Dolores (without attributing it to "Gilda from Dubuque") "Why don't you just admit you hate her?"  I was like, "hello, where has this bitch been for literally the last ten years?!?"

I should have put in a separate paragraph that this reunion was fucking epic.  I didn't think Andy's failure to respond to Teresa was epic as much as it was shocking.  I thought the whole thing was epic because of all the blood that was drawn and all the gloves that were off.  

I won't believe that Vicki is being demoted until I see it.  I take the rumors with a grain of salt.  Rumor also had it that LVP wasn't returning for this current season of RHBH.  I think Teresa, Nene, Bethenny, LVP, Vicki, Gizelle, and Leann run their respective franchises and I don't think they're going anywhere (for better or for worse).  

@heatherchandler, I think I accidentally cut off the part of the post of yours that I was quoting.  I'd like to blame the new format of the site, but I think I'm just terrible at quoting.  Hopefully I was able to make a modicum of sense.  

Yeah, I have to say, if I were Jackie, that would trigger me to keep pushing her buttons, bc that kind of entitled attitude really annoys me. 

I don’t even really care for Jackie, I think she’s pretty boring. I was actually Team Teresa until the last 2 minutes, when she went nuts and repeatedly screamed that this is HER show. Smh. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, renatae said:

Early on, when Jennifer was upset about the article mentioning her kids, Jackie, in talking to some of the other ladies, said something to the effect of, "When I write something that upsets someone, I live for that. It's great." Right there, she acknowledged she's a mean girl who likes upsetting people, and enjoys her ability to do so. She can take her "I didn't mean to be offensive, and you are paranoid" act and have several seats.

With Margaret and Jennifer, there were so many times Margaret was right and Jennifer was way out in left field, except for the brouhaha regarding Marge's and her mom's affairs. She was the one who, as Jennifer said, put it "on blast" and she shows no compunction nor remorse about it. She thinks everyone should just accept it and not make any note of it. She obviously didn't give any consideration to the wives whose lives were turned upside down, and she can't imagine why anyone else would. She reminds me of Eileen on RHOBH. Instead of acting all self righteous, she needs to own it, instead of acting like a twit over arranged marriages.

Margaret never considers anyone’s feelings, period, unless pressured to do so by the group (that’s the only reason she apologized to Jennifer). She reminds me of like, the ugly-girl bully in middle school who kisses ass to the pretty, popular girls and will do anything to stay their friend, while picking on and bullying the unpopular girls for nothing. It’s pathetic and I see right through her #sorrynotsorry 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

Ok, @LibertarianSlut, so I thoroughly disagreed with your entire original post, every word, which surprised me because I usually like what you write and agree with you on many things.  And I’m a libertarian too.  But I kept my big mouth shut and just moved on.  (Everyone has different opinions of course, but team right couch? No way!)

But now you’ve gone too far!  Vinny from jersey shore? Come on girl he’s the Ringo Starr of that group. Lucky to have been chosen and brings nothing special at all. Only Paulie could be Paulie only Snooki could be Snooki, etc but I could go on set tomorrow and play the part of Vinny, as could my husband and every other Staten Island person I know! (I’m not from Staten Island but I can play one on tv)

I know, I know.  I knew I was going to catch shit for being team right couch 🙂.  I'm surprised there wasn't more blowback.  Y'all are being so easy on me.  It hasn't fully risen to consciousness yet, but the best explanation I can give right now is that I hate team left couch more.  (Seeing as how we are like-minded, I want to make one analogy, but I will abstain.  Instead, I'll take this space to say that I hate The Rebooted Jersey Shore and absolutely refuse to watch it, thus I hate Vinny too, but he was a surprisingly adept moderator of the Floribama Shore, which is the only reason on earth I would ever praise him!).

I hate Teresa.  I fucking hated her since season two, when she attacked Danielle not once, but twice.  But I hate a pile-on and I hate hypocrisy more, and right now I think left couch is being more hypocritical.  Jackie is the least offensive to me.  The other two broads over there can kick rocks.    Ironically enough, if Margaret would just turn on Teresa, I would like her a hell of a lot more.  I think it's of such poor character for her to go toe-to-toe with Jennifer, but let Teresa slide because you don't want to be ghosted from the show.  I noticed that Margaret has cozied up to Jennifer multiple times this season as well, because she clearly didn't want to fight a two-front war against Jen and Danielle, so she picked the lesser of the evils, which I think is weak as fuck, and I'm getting a little mad at her all over again lol.  

I think I covered my thoughts on Melissa in my first post.  I think I'm so mad at her, also, because she won't just come out guns blazing and say, "fuck you Teresa."  She comes close.  She dances up to it.  She teases it, but she never says it, so she's a coward too.  If she's doing it to keep family peace, then she shouldn't be on the show.  

I wrote last night in a different thread that I kinda like Lisa Rinna for her authentic phoniness.  That's kind of how I feel about Teresa.  I think she is fascinating (still hate her), because I think this is actually the real Teresa we are seeing on our screens, and she is so dumb and so awful and so phony, but I think she is the center of the show (and has been for seven seasons) because the audience can kind of pick up on that.  I don't want Teresa off the show just like I don't want Tamra Barney Judge off RHOC; I want to see what happens with them, even if I hate them. 

Dolores, I could take or leave.  I am not enthusiastic about her.

And I like Jen also because I think she is real.  She's a materialistic, insecure, needy, pompous snob, but I think this is who she is.  I have no evidence, but I get the impression that she wouldn't hesitate to turn around on Teresa if she didn't like something Teresa was saying/doing and I respect that.

(This is also why I said I would be interested in seeing Caroline back.  Just because she is so sanctimonious that I think she'd be hilarious to watch).

A lot of it is irony.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion, even though i am still a little confused as well. I am also liking and laughing at so many posts, even if peeps come out on the complete different side of me on things, as always.

And if things change, I will not hesitate to issues as many mea culpas as necessary hahaha.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Something happened to Teresa by the time of this reunion and idk what it was or if it's general fury with Jackie. She was shaking around and her facial expressions were manic. She was so unhinged. I actually thought she might snap and go back to prison.  I believe it's POSSIBLE only thing keeping her somewhat controlled (at least physically) was knowing that Jackie *is*/*was* an attorney and knows her law and what could land Teresa back in the clink. 

Oddly, I didnt know until this reunion that Jackie had a law degree. Interesting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Something happened to Teresa by the time of this reunion and idk what it was or if it's general fury with Jackie. She was shaking around and her facial expressions were manic. She was so unhinged. I actually thought she might snap and go back to prison.  I believe it's POSSIBLE only thing keeping her somewhat controlled (at least physically) was knowing that Jackie *is*/*was* an attorney and knows her law and what could land Teresa back in the clink. 

Oddly, I didnt know until this reunion that Jackie had a law degree. Interesting. 

Best line of the night from Jackie to Teresa when feigned throwing a tissue box at Jackie...”Aren’t you on parole?”...brilliant!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, kicksave said:

It’s Jersey...probably a guy who could pass for one of the Jersey Shore meatheads

So basically a younger version of Juicy.  I can totally see that.

Wonder what her new BFF Jennifer would say about T having a boyfriend while still married?

• Love 4

Can't quite figure out why on the one hand, Teresa was hollering at Jackie for being a mean bitch who had no "compassionate" for Joe Guidice being in the pen and Andy's question regarding the Guidice girls going to Italy with Daddy-o ( with copious tears wiped away by Teresa).  Looks like she and girls gonna stay in good old NJ and let Daddy-o GO! Huh??

• Love 2