Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Teresa calling Jackie 'white trash' was rich, indeed.  I know she has trouble understanding what people say to her, but does she even understand what comes out of her own mouth?

I also miss the Manzos.  I actually liked Caroline (she reminds me a lot of my own mom, yes she is tough and babies us at times but she's the one crying if any of us get hurt) and thought her younger son (Chris?) was hilarious.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Wow....the silent, awkward pause by Delores when Andy asked her if she liked Melissa....there's your answer right there!  

I was starting to have more respect for Dolores this season. She seemed to have more of her own behavior and thoughts. She even called Tre out on vacation. But she's right back to being a mindless sycophant and I can't take it. 

9 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I definitely think Jennifer is coming back. She provides too much drama not to return. I think Jackie was on the bubble until tonight.

I'm actually fine with all the women returning except Dolores. She should be a friend IMO.

I agree with all of this, including demoting Dolores. Anything that gives me less of Frank Sr. is a bonus, in my book. 

• Love 11

I agree with a lot of you that Teresa came in with an attitude ….. like before the taping someone was hyping her up... you are Teresa you are the star of this show this is your show ……. it became obvious she had preplanned digs and talking points when she was getting her messages jumbled up.. that are you hungry (which was supposed to be Thirsty was def preplanned with that shit eating grin she had cause she thought she was gonna score a zinger) but ended up making her look  even dumber then a box of hair cause she was rushing it and said it wrong.... the woman needs to be brought down a peg or two and the petting of that fake hair ugh you are not a 21 yo socialite stop it you look ridiculous...and good god could someone smack the smug look off of Jennifer? Dolores was Siggys lapdog last season now she's Teresa's this season can she not have a personality of her own when she is at a reunion? And they struck GOLD with Jackie there is no way they wont have her back someone that can sit and go blow to blow with Teresa and have Teresa come across has the unhinged one for a change without looking like a hot mess and screeching with Teresa just point by point this is why your wrong that gets under Teresa's skin each time I love every min of it .and to be so PRO Family she sure did try to go low blow with the sister comment Teresa you are a hypocrite (someone quick explain in small one syllable words what that is so she can understand) family is off limits? bitch stop...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

. the woman needs to be brought down a peg or two and the petting of that fake hair ugh you are not a 21 yo socialite stop it you look ridiculous....

This is the reunion with too much hair - purchased hair. 

yeah.. thought she was trying to mimic Ariana Grande. Marge found a horse tail, when her trademark was two short little pony tails, Jennifer using those oversize hair combs ( still trying to figure out if they are costume or from her brother's prized jewelry store) to hold up her extra pkgs of hair, Melissa keep patting down her ponytail connection (as if it is itching or too tight), Doroles (who has a good head of natural hair), adding yet another shade of blond, and Jackie - didn't care for that side part thing she had going on...

It would be nice to know what these ladies real hair looks like.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I have a signed copy, too - plus a couple of photos of me and Teresa.  I guess that makes both of us stalkers!  😉

Me too--but I really might be a little; her house is not far from us and every so often I may take a minor detour to pass by it, not that I see anything different than the driveway shot we always see on the show...but I did see Xmas gift boxes out for recycling once and the kids on their bikes in the driveway a while back, haha! Fascinating. I have to be at Rails in a few weeks for an event; maybe I can have an "out in the wild" sighting. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

I agree with a lot of you that Teresa came in with an attitude ….. like before the taping someone was hyping her up...

You mean like Danielle? I have no doubt that piece of garbage was in Tre's ear during hair and make-up.  She's definitely sitting on something and I can't wait to see what it is!

• Love 16
11 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I don't see the big deal about Teresa using a ghostwriter for her books. Many celebrities do it. However, Teresa proved Jackie's post when she said Jackie had no "compassionate" rather than saying "Jackie doesn't have compassion" or "Jackie isn't compassionate." LoL. Teresa has always spoken English like it is her third or fourth language.  So Thank God she uses ghostwriters or else her books would be incoherent.

Right? For all of Jackie's supposed intelligent wordsmithery, she should at least learn what "ghostwriter" means. Plus, if not "ghostwriters" or coauthors, all "real" authors have editorial teams who sometimes have to rewrite entire chunks of text. It's not the least bit out of the ordinary in publishing, especially when a person is not an established author. Pick on her for whatever many other valid infractions she makes but doing so because she had help writing a book is just silly.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

The life-long soap opera fan in me wishes that Danielle did this and it is part of a revenge plot - get her all riled up and show that she has not changed or matured.  Sure that won't get her fired (Bravo/Andy reward bad behaviour) but having her humiliate herself on a regular basis might be revenge enough.

On WWHL they did a couple of those polls (Teresa vs. Jackie, Teresa vs. Melissa) both of which Teresa lost by a landslide.  Not gonna lie, I like the thought of Teresa watching this at home and going ballistic.

13 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

You mean like Danielle? I have no doubt that piece of garbage was in Tre's ear during hair and make-up.  She's definitely sitting on something and I can't wait to see what it is!

This is exactly what I was thinking last night!  (Why I was pondering all of this late last night, I'll never know!)  I agree that Danielle has been buzzing in Teresa's ear, just as she did at Jennifer's party.  Not necessarily for revenge, but perhaps because Danielle is so desperate, she knows that Teresa is her only hope of ever getting any type of screen time next year.  Danielle, imo, never does anything unless there is some type of benefit for herself.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Teresa IS always and forever irrational.  She cannot understand analogies when they are applied to her to point out some failing on her part.  If someone does something to her and she does the same thing back, it's only the other person who is wrong.  She is incredibly limited mentally - has difficulty getting concepts - can never see the bigger picture - only sees situations in an emotional, personal way.  How can anyone deal rationally with someone like that?

She might be the absolute most ignorant moron I have ever watched and somehow, I am still here for it. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think Jackie was picking on Tre because she used a Ghostwriter. It's not like it came out of nowhere. Teresa was the one who kept insulting Jackie by saying she was merely a "blogger", while Tre has had books on the NYT'S Bestseller list. THAT'S when Jackie felt the need (rightfully so, IMO) to point out that it's not like Teresa penned those books all on her own. 

I just meant that she used "ghostwriter" wrong while reminding everyone that she's better at words that Teresa is (and I don't dispute that she is), and also that it's a nonissue to bring up because Teresa's lack of natural authoring skills isn't what set the industry standard of bringing in help to write a celebrity's book. (I assume Jackie must have some writing skills, but that blog, to me, is not really evidence of such.)

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it was more the I'm a best selling author  and you write a blog.....like she did it all on her own... No bitch write the book on your own then you can brag about that. that was the whole point... the woman doesn't understand the meaning of basic words and can barely thread together coherent sentences... so no on her own she is not a best selling author full stop

She is a best-selling author though, whether anyone likes it or not; that title does not imply that someone did it alone; it means that her books sold and nothing more. Stephen King doesn't do it alone either, regardless of how much more obviously intelligent he is than a Real Housewife. 

(Sorry for separate posts; I could not get the second quoted chunk into the first post for some reason.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

SAME.  I thought "Oh Danielle gave her stalker and cold hearted bitch because she repeated them eleven billion times."  And she can miss me with her "Oh I meant thirsty" when she asked Jackie if she had eaten.  I believe that she was going low.  And of course someone had to save her with "oh you meant thirsty".  So she is either unbelievably cruel (especially with Delores' past) or she is unbelievably stupid (which we knew). If she wasn't such a try hard bully, I wouldn't be as bothered by her lack of comprehension.  She should've come out of jail as love and light and played it that way.  She wants to rush at Jackie so bad-I almost wish she would-like Jackie noted, she is on parole!

Also have had Paula Abdul's "Cold Hearted Snake" in my head since last night so yet another thing to blame Teresa for.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

She is a best-selling author though, whether anyone likes it or not; that title does not imply that someone did it alone; it means that her books sold and nothing more. Stephen King doesn't do it alone either, regardless of how much more obviously intelligent he is than a Real Housewife. 

(Sorry for separate posts; I could not get the second quoted chunk into the first post for some reason.)

Her face sold it not her writing ability tho and that  is a huge difference  …. set her in a room full of Authors that have written their own shit and see her slink into a corner...  so to attack someone with the oh you write a blog... .yes bitch a blog that she wrote on her own that got published without any help from a "helper" "ghost writer" or anyone else..... so her argument and talking down was stunted from the get go.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

That's been my feeling since the first time she took Teresa on by insinuating herself in a discussion between Teresa and Melissa which didn't concern her. Theresa hasn't actually initiated anything this season that I can recall and certainly not with Jackie.  She seems to only have been reactive.  

Look, I'm not a big fan of Teresa, but that doesn't mean I am going to endorse Jackie just because she took her on.  Additionally, I've always suspected there is some kind of learning disorder behind Teresa's communication issues.  Jackie of all the current cast should be more sensitive to that instead of essentially calling her stupid and mocking her words. 

1. The discussion between Teresa and Melissa was not private. Others were already involved. She had every right to speak to the issue. Also, what was Teresa reacting to? The question was fitting for the discussion. Once again Teresa did not understand and flew off the handle. I would even state that IMO she owes Jackie an apology for how she reacted and continues to react. 

2. I would support you 💯 if Teresa had one ounce of humility or introspection into herself. I don't think it is right to call anyone stupid. Teresa is a grown woman and should learn to act appropriately. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Reality police said:

1. The discussion between Teresa and Melissa was not private. Others were already involved. She had every right to speak to the issue. Also, what was Teresa reacting to? The question was fitting for the discussion. Once again Teresa did not understand and flew off the handle. I would even state that IMO she owes Jackie an apology for how she reacted and continues to react. 

^^^this all of this … they were sitting at a table and she was allowing Dolores and 16 bathrooms to take part in the "open table" and getting their opinion on the matter to "attack" Melissa so the conversation was open

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Her face sold it not her writing ability tho and that  is a huge difference  …. set her in a room full of Authors that have written their own shit and see her slink into a corner...  so to attack someone with the oh you write a blog... .yes bitch a blog that she wrote on her own that got published without any help from a "helper" "ghost writer" or anyone else..... so her argument and talking down was stunted from the get go.

The dig about Jackie being just a blogger killed me because, while Tre hasn't posted a blog in a year, when she used to, i'm pretty convinced she didn't write them herself either.  Too coherent. So yeah, Jackie is just a blogger but if Tre can't even write her own blogs, what does that say about her?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

We're talking about different things. I am saying Jackie used the word "ghostwriter" wrong. That was funny to me considering that she was talking about how she's a word person.

I am saying that Teresa is a best-selling author and that the title is not a matter of opinion, an endorsement of her literary skills, or nullified by the her fame is what made people buy the books (I don't disagree with that being the case). It is, again, about how many books sold--as evidenced by the word "sold," regardless of why.

I did not say that Teresa can write everyone else under the table. I did not say that Jackie sucks. I did not say that Jackie also has writing help (not that I know for a fact that she doesn't--though she should have an editor, which is indeed "help").

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

We're talking about different things. I am saying Jackie used the word "ghostwriter" wrong. That was funny to me considering that she was alking about how she's a word person.

I am saying that Teresa is a best-selling author and that the title is not a matter of opinion, an endorsement of her literary skills, or nullified by the her fame is what made people buy the books (I don't disagree with that being the case). It is, again, about how many books sold--as evidenced by the word "sold," regardless of why.

I did not say that Teresa can write everyone else under the table. I did not say that Jackie sucks. I did not say that Jackie also has writing help (not that I know for a fact that she doesn't--though she should have an editor, which is indeed "help").

The fact is a matter of opinion tho she DID NOT WRITE THE BOOK she had someone else write it for her..... if she had written the book (on her own) it would all be one syllable words and probably the length of a pamphlet she is NOT A WRITER point blank period THE GHOST writer on the other hand is A best selling author to take the garbled mess I'm sure they got from Teresa and turn it into something legible and readable must have been a big challenge ……

• Love 11
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

But, therein lies the conundrum.  If Jackie does get booted off, no matter what anyone says, everyone will believe that it was because of some behind the scenes machinations and/or manipulation on Teresa's part.  Even Teresa will believe that, even if she had absolutely no knowledge of anything until she read it in Radaronline or TMZ.  And, that will continue to feed Teresa's already over-inflated ego.

I think the producers, in order to show who really is in charge of the show, will have to keep Jackie for at least one more season, especially after all the bullshit comments that Teresa made tonight about the show being hers.

Nah, Jackie isn't important enough to the show.  Keep in mind that next season will be about the Giudices - with Joe's release, deportation.  BRAVO made it clear where their priorities were when they had to wait for Teresa to get out of jail before they could resume filming of the show.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Keep in mind that next season will be about the Giudices - with Joe's release, deportation. 

Alas, I'm thinking that is precisely what it will be.  And if so, I'm done.  Especially if it's a continuation of the Guidices painting themselves as being victims of circumstance.  I'd rather watch Marge and Joe, financial problems, warts and all.

I did not see mention of the Queen of the Harpies being on Part One.  Can I assume Danielle swoops in like the headmistress in Monsters University for Part Two?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

oh, agreed.  I saw her on Celebrity Apprentice (oh, times were so much simpler then, weren't they?) and she barely made a peep.  she made it pretty far, though, mostly by flying under the radar.  She seemed completely out of her element.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

SAME.  I thought "Oh Danielle gave her stalker and cold hearted bitch because she repeated them eleven billion times."  And she can miss me with her "Oh I meant thirsty" when she asked Jackie if she had eaten.  I believe that she was going low.  And of course someone had to save her with "oh you meant thirsty".  So she is either unbelievably cruel (especially with Delores' past) or she is unbelievably stupid (which we knew). If she wasn't such a try hard bully, I wouldn't be as bothered by her lack of comprehension.  She should've come out of jail as love and light and played it that way.  She wants to rush at Jackie so bad-I almost wish she would-like Jackie noted, she is on parole!

Also have had Paula Abdul's "Cold Hearted Snake" in my head since last night so yet another thing to blame Teresa for.

I wondered if Tre and Jennifer had discussed "thirsty" in preparation, as Jen immediately figured out what Tre was trying to say.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

The life-long soap opera fan in me wishes that Danielle did this and it is part of a revenge plot - get her all riled up and show that she has not changed or matured.  Sure that won't get her fired (Bravo/Andy reward bad behaviour) but having her humiliate herself on a regular basis might be revenge enough.

On WWHL they did a couple of those polls (Teresa vs. Jackie, Teresa vs. Melissa) both of which Teresa lost by a landslide.  Not gonna lie, I like the thought of Teresa watching this at home and going ballistic.

OMG I love that - remember Season 1 Danielle said "keep your friends close and your enemies closer!"  (I know she didn't originate this saying)

HA!  That is awesome.  I also checked Twitter (why??) but I was pleasantly surprised to see that everyone was hating Teresa.  I really hope she saw that, and I hope Bravo saw that too.  We don't like the criminal!

53 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

We're talking about different things. I am saying Jackie used the word "ghostwriter" wrong. That was funny to me considering that she was talking about how she's a word person.

How did she use it incorrectly?  That whole scene runs together in my mind.

(NM I see you clarified above)

34 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Alas, I'm thinking that is precisely what it will be.  And if so, I'm done.  Especially if it's a continuation of the Guidices painting themselves as being victims of circumstance.  I'd rather watch Marge and Joe, financial problems, warts and all.

Same!  I was getting anxious watching her last night, why do that to myself?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 5

Teresa has two dueling demons inside her named Teresa and Danielle. They are both fighting for control to look like an ass on TV. I'm waiting for her head to start spinning. 

Loved watching Jackie effortlessly run circles around her and all  Tre could come up with was the equivalent of "You're a stupidhead!"

Teresa is an old joke and her time has come to leave. She has no new story, Joe has already been gone 3 years. She destroyed the fake "redemption" arc storyline. She doesn't realize that she is proving everybody's opinion of her everytime she opens her mouth. It's not entertaining. Not only do we have the T-shirt but it's already in the rag bag. 

Keep Jackie cut Teresa. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Teresa the train wreck was difficult to watch. She had an angry scowl on her face right from the beginning. They probably get a rough outline of what will be discussed and Tre wasn’t happy. 

Jackie is way too intelligent and normal ish to be a Jersey Housewife- but you can’t argue with stupid, and Mrs Guidice seems to have a double digit IQ. 

Just when I was starting to like Dolores she reverted back to Teresa’s junkyard dog. 

I hope Margaret gets her finances in order. I like her a lot but get a bit of a grifter vibe from her and Joe. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Teresa the train wreck was difficult to watch. She had an angry scowl on her face right from the beginning. They probably get a rough outline of what will be discussed and Tre wasn’t happy. 

Jackie is way too intelligent and normal ish to be a Jersey Housewife- but you can’t argue with stupid, and Mrs Guidice seems to have a double digit IQ. 

Just when I was starting to like Dolores she reverted back to Teresa’s junkyard dog. 

I hope Margaret gets her finances in order. I like her a lot but get a bit of a grifter vibe from her and Joe. 

I was watching an episode from season three the other day (it was downloaded on my phone & it was raining out) and Caroline was at Dolores' talking about being on the radio!  I'm like HEY I KNOW HER!

all I remember is season 1, when Teresa was this adorable glam ditz.  She lost that air about her completely, just like her A-cups and curly hair.

Edited by teapot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, teapot said:

all I remember is season 1, when Teresa was this adorable glam ditz.  She lost that air about her completely, just like her A-cups and curly hair.

Season 1 was a helluva lotta fun.  I remember Danielle was obsessed with Dina liking her (I think it was at a birthday party for Jacqueline's son, and Danielle was all "will Dina be here" and "is Dina coming"), and Dina saying about that "I don't know if she, like, wants to be me, or skin me and wear me like Versace”.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Something that still bothers me about last night, I've  been trying to just get over it but I find myself needing to vent.

I didn't like Andy's questions  to Jackie about what her  brother has "taught" her. Jackie answered and patted herself on the back for standing up to bullies and aimed it in terms of the show too. Sorry maybe I'm  self involved, but as a person that is physically disabled since birth... we are not life lesson props! I'm so glad my brother tells people (according to his girlfriend and friends) "oh yeah you should meet my sister she's so sarcastic she'll take anything down" and doesnt use it to describe me or prop himself up for being good to me. Because he sees me as a person before my condition. I can prop him up for being around for me because I do appreciate  it, but i hate being used (extended family has done it.) Sorry. It just really bugs me.

• Love 21

RE: Did Tre write the book debate, "Turning the Tables - from Housewife to ..." - I went to amazon to first see was she listed at the sole author she is not. K.C. Baker is also listed. 

There is a long excerpt on the site... Yeah, it reads too well to be the same person we saw last night (  link )

"When I was little, I wanted to be a movie star or an entertainer. That’s all I could think about. I wanted to be just like Cher."...

maybe that explains the hair and makeup...

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I did not see mention of the Queen of the Harpies being on Part One.  Can I assume Danielle swoops in like the headmistress in Monsters University for Part Two?

Teresa is a story we have already seen.

Teresa is already a single parent. Joe has already been gone 3 years. Millania is already dealing with not having her father around we'll just see more tears. Teresa is still a gargoyle with an IQ of a turnip (my apologies to turnips) and an anger streak a mile wide and very long, it's not fun to watch. She's not fun to watch. There is nothing new here. Her story can't believably change enough to not lose old viewers not gain new viewers.

Her story has lost it's magic. We don't even love to hate any more, we're done.

• Love 15

The Tree book writing thing is surprisingly such a hot button here. I've had ideas for howives business ventures for awhile. I think they all "create" (see: INVEST IN) the wrong businesses. Swimsuits, toaster ovens, prosecco, cookbooks....idk what else. 

I think that Tree should embrace the humor surrounding her. Learn to poke fun at herself and maybe release a book to that effect including all her malapropisms: "cleansiness", "Ingrediences" etc. 

Then NYC's Sonja should publish a book of "high society hacks" how to get luxury on the cheap. Things like "revive early 90s preppy fashions with a modern twist...houndstooth is back in a big way!" And "sharpie marker'ing a black Chanel purse."

If they all saw themselves the way we do, there would be their bread and butter. We are their only market after all. My mom sure wouldn't know any of them from a hole in the wall...their sh** would have to be Really good and we know that hasn't happened since skinny girl margaritas (but I don't buy bc too expensive for little buzz).

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

The Tree book writing thing is surprisingly such a hot button here. I've had ideas for howives business ventures for awhile. I think they all "create" (see: INVEST IN) the wrong businesses. Swimsuits, toaster ovens, prosecco, cookbooks....idk what else. 

Of all the crap HW's have come up with, I really liked Maregaret's idea of costume  hospital gowns for children. I would think all children's hospitals would jump all over this. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, sATL said:

Yeah... Jackie needs to realize there is a difference in fighting "street smart" (Tre) vs. fighting "book smart"...  

She makes every point sound like she is arguing in front of the US supreme court, as opposed to the city/county/traffic court ... She needs to know who her audience/opponent is.. 

So basically, she should dumb herself down 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Melissa was the only one who I thought looked great in all areas (hair, make-up, outfit, colour choice).  The editing of the show seemed choppy to me.

Jennifer spent the entire season complaining about her children not being spoiled and when asked about Olivia's behaviour, she explained behaviour that is exactly that of a bratty, spoiled child. Jennifer transitions to this wannabe gangster when she's upset or she tries to sound intimidating and witty or just plain threatening and it just falls flat for me.

Jennifer's value of material things and her general need to be given attention is why she doesn't understand why constantly bringing up what she has is seen as being a one-upper and a bragger. You can't forge relationships with people when your basis of relatability is materialistic (unless of course, the other person is also as materialistic and shallow as you). Relatability is about shared values and experiences, not about possessions. Jennifer is trying to say that she brings up her bathrooms and view out of common interest, but it's really about taking someone else's moment and making it about yourself. A rainbow is not some unique experience that would require you to jump in and turn attention to yourself and your story. Now if someone saw the Northern Lights, I would say that's a magnificent sight of nature that would most definitely be something to bond over...but a rainbow? 16 bathrooms? a view from your home? No, that's just Jennifer making it about herself.  It's why she and Teresa get along for now...they are similar in many ways and do like to conflate things to make it about themselves. Case in point, when Jackie was talking about what her brother has taught her, Jennifer immediately made it about Teresa and then Teresa made it about Jennifer.  So many double standards from the right side of the couch so far.

Writing an article where you make reference anonymously to someone isn't bullying. Someone attending a book signing once and never going to another after that is not stalking. Unsurprisingly, Teresa still doesn't know how to use words correctly. I stand corrected for the credit I gave her last year, there's not enough prison yoga for this idiot. Jackie made her look so dumb...and this is only part 1, lmao.

Dolores didn't seem at all that convincing when she said she likes Melissa but also, Melissa doesn't seem all that bothered by it either.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Teresa still doesn't know how to use words correctly. I stand corrected for the credit I gave her last year, there's not enough prison yoga for this idiot. Jackie made her look so dumb...and this is only part 1, lmao.

It's obvious you don't have any compassionate for her dullard ass.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

With all this focus on writing and books it kind of just hit me -- anybody think that JAckie is going to use RHONJ as a launchpad to publish a book?  Either parenting focused (based on her articles) or based on her RHONJ experience?  I don't know, it just sort of occurred to me.  I don't think she's thirsty to be a housewife, I think she's thirsty for fame.  Now that she's gotten a taste of it, I don't think she's going to stop.  Celeb parent blogger, author, RHONJ personality, etc?  

Jackie got a lot of zingers at Tre last night, but a lot of that felt calculated.  She's watched enough housewives shows to know what Andy is going to ask about, she probably had plenty of time to think about a few things she wants to say.   Watch long enough and you know Tre always goes back to her books as legitimacy for who she is (Jackie:  I've met your ghost writer, you didn't write a book), accuses people of jealousy (Jackie: I don't aspire to be you), gets all flustered with her words (Jackie:  I lose brain cells speaking with you), when her article comes up (Jackie - you didn't even read it), and when the question of the picture came up, which you knew it would (Jackie - was randomly walking by, 4 people were online, I was a fan, I got on line).  It was all too calculated.  She lost me when she said "oh, I had no preconceived notions about people at all!" before coming on the show and I laughed when Jennifer piped up with her "I did!" statement because come on...everybody has preconceived notions coming on the show.  

I thought the seating of the housewives was interesting and a big statement from Andy Cohen.  It shows me that they're "investing" in Tre and Margaret as head howives.  Melissa's "joe is a pig, I own a boutique!" story is boring, and her other primary storyline was tied to Teresa.  And honestly, nobody cares at this point that these two have an up and down relationship and ultimately don't particularly like each other.  Margaret is the one who brought it this season and she earned her place.  I think Melissa envisions herself as Andy Cohen's secret favorite, she's the one that has lasted the longest after Teresa, but really, she's not.  

I'm nervous about Danielle sharing the stage next week.  Everything about Danielle scares the shit out of me.  I live in the same immediate areas as these people and if I ever see Danielle out anywhere, I'm getting up and leaving.  I don't want to be there the day she snaps.  She is a ticking time bomb.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

and again you are missing the point she did not write the book she had someone else do that...…..doesn't matter if it was ghost or "co"writer  it wasn't her writing ability …… again the semantics you are using is splitting hairs.... listen to her speak look at her comprehension skills she in no way wrote any of her books …. she is not the best selling writer no matter how many Co writers she had she didn't do the work they did she was just to paste her face on the book  … the woman doesn't know basic wording or phrases doesn't know the meaning of simple words she is not a writer she is the face that's it ……

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

OH MY GOD. OK, you're 100% right. Thank you for helping me see what's what in my profession.

Hey guys I completely see where you are both coming from.  My take is that there is no debate that’s Teresa did not write the book alone.  As Tattleteeny says, there was a co-author (not a ghostwriter; agree that’s a different thing) who probably authored the entire book and Teresa gets credit too bc she is the star and the name people are buying.  That is the nature of celebrity authorship and the readers understand that.  But what I think Keywestclubkid is trying to say is that she is too stupid and incomprehensible to even claim any type of authorship of the book. Teresa arguing with Jackie that Jackie is only a blogger whereas she herself is a NYT best-selling author is the problem.  She is comparing her best seller to a blogger and that makes me feel like she is comparing their literary prowess and ignoring the fact that while her name and face sold the books her writing most certainly did not 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

But Jennifer admitted that she watched the show and had preconceived notions about the women. She actually said she thought Teresa would be the hardest to get along with, which turned out to be false in her case because Teresa is Jennifer's strongest ally among the women.

Jackie, on the other hand, said she had no preconceived notions about the other women and acted as if they were foreign to her before she joined the show. 

I don't believe Jackie's story about how she met Teresa. I believe she came to her book signing because she was of Teresa and of the show. But when Jackie came on the show, I think she decided that Teresa didn't live up to her expectations and decided to target her.  I also think Jackie might have been worried that she wouldn't be asked back next season, so she came prepared to win a "War of Words" with Teresa...which she did IMO.

Jackie--with her JD from Fordham of all places (no shade, I am actually very impressed) messed up by saying that she had no preconceived notions about the show, after which she admitted that she was a fan enough of Teresa's to wait on line at a bookstore to meet her.  I liked Jennifer (and even Gina from OC) owning that they've watched the show before.  If Jackie was a fan enough of Teresa's to wait on line to meet her, she clearly had a notion--positive, I'm assuming--about at least one cast member.  The fact that this notion occurred prior to joining the show renders it "preconceived."  All hail to the great lawyer...I guess until you apply logic to her statements.

I noticed that when Teresa repeatedly stated that it was her show and that everyone who went against her was gone (!!!), Andy never took the opportunity to correct her.  Fucking amazing start to the reunion.  I knew God had a plan when He allowed me to sit through the three-part trite that was the Married to Medicine reunion.

I am team right couch--and it took me about half the season to make the switch, but now I am firmly planted there--for many reasons.  Probably too many to get into in this post, but I will say:

Melissa, I see you over there.  The one whose first words uttered on this show were literally: "I tend to be very spoiled.  So what?"  Now you're gonna rag on Jennifer?  To quote Britney Spears, "get back." To quote me, "get back, you make me sick rehabbing your image every year.  At one time you were an Evangelist for Jesus, now you don't even know what a confirmation is, you lied about your obvious rhinoplasty (and God knows what else) numerous time to the fans and your boss, Andy, alike. I believe that you own a store about as much as I believe you have sex every other night.  Stop playing at being Jennifer Lopez, when you are really Fiona Gallagher from Shameless.  Go back to your model home." 

Margaret, was anything that Jennifer said untrue?  You can't, on the one hand, flippantly call someone's brother's future wife a "mail order bride" and then get in your feelings when someone characterizes your mother as "a home wrecker," when that person gained that information from something you proudly spouted on camera and in front of all of the women.  Also, put on your big girl pants and go against Teresa.  At least Jackie and Melissa are willing to do that, but you're still kissing her ass.  Why?  Coward.  

Dolores, I find you boring, and it is simply untrue that Teresa's reading comprehension is fine.  Teresa's speaking comprehension doesn't even pass muster.  You're wrong.  But I did like how she said her family was more important to her than being skinny.  True story.

Jennifer does not appear smart, but I really appreciated that she came to the reunion loaded for bear.  She, unlike Jackie, seems determined to hang on to her spot, and I appreciate the effort she must have put in (I imagine one of the rooms in the mansion having walls made of white board, onto which she could plot what to say, and it worked).  She had like three of four words or phrases to which she kept coming back ("taboo" and "stigma" are the only ones that come to mind at the moment), and she kept at her points.  She never got distracted.  She admitted that the mail order bride comment hit home because it was close to the truth.  She took responsibility for a lot of things, like Oklahoma, but no one ever got her off of her talking points (which is what a politician needs to be able to do to win).  Call me ridiculous, but I floved her "rainbow" analogy.  I think she is just what this cast needs to survive.  New blood that is going to be "Jersey" and say, "Andy, if you just saw a great fucking rainbow and someone else said they saw a rainbow, wouldn't you tell them you just saw the greatest fucking rainbow?'  I mean, she's not a smart lady, but she is gold for this show IMO.

Teresa--I am on her side as of this moment.  It's just that everyone else is behaving worse, but they're dressing it up better.  What I will say is that she definitely meant what she said when she asked Jackie if Jackie was hungry.  Nice try in eleventh hour manipulation, Jen, but Teresa did not mean to ask if Jackie was thirsty.  IMO Teresa was going after Jackie's former eating disorder and engaging in clear mean girl middle school tactics when she did so.  Am I going to weep over it?  Do i care about Jackie and her tummy tuck and her article and her non-stoyline and her kinda nice (but not really nice) home in Tenafly?  Not really.  I don't care enough about her feelings to feel bad if someone comes after an old eating disorder, but make no mistake, that is what Teresa did, and she did it with premeditation.  

I would be sorta titillated if Caroline came back.  

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

It's obvious you don't have any compassionate for her dullard ass.

Haha. Nope, can't say that I do. It'll be great next week to see Teresa call someone else white trash when she's a prison bitch. Not an ounce of sense in the head of hers to realize how stupid she sounds, lol. 

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post, but there seems to be a shift in the dynamics between Teresa and Melissa. Up until this season, it seemed like Melissa had to straddle the fence of when to speak and when to walk on eggshells but this season and even at the reunion, Melissa was very direct with Teresa and it seemed like Teresa would downplay her intent in an effort not to argue with Melissa. Based on my theory of Teresa and Melissa's relationship, perhaps Teresa and Joe are on relatively good terms and she doesn't want to push her luck and piss off Melissa and then get into a fight with her brother. When she's mad at her brother, then it's okay to talk to Melissa anyway she wants to. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:

And the fact that her own father hasn’t spoken to his sister in years. 

Ohhhh, I'd forgotten about that.  

I'm definitely Team Left Couch, apparently.  I had high hopes for Dolores after this season.  Have no use for the Tacky Turk or Tre.

4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Haha. Nope, can't say that I do. It'll be great next week to see Teresa call someone else white trash when she's a prison bitch. Not an ounce of sense in the head of hers to realize how stupid she sounds, lol. 

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post, but there seems to be a shift in the dynamics between Teresa and Melissa. Up until this season, it seemed like Melissa had to straddle the fence of when to speak and when to walk on eggshells but this season and even at the reunion, Melissa was very direct with Teresa and it seemed like Teresa would downplay her intent in an effort not to argue with Melissa. Based on my theory of Teresa and Melissa's relationship, perhaps Teresa and Joe are on relatively good terms and she doesn't want to push her luck and piss off Melissa and then get into a fight with her brother. When she's mad at her brother, then it's okay to talk to Melissa anyway she wants to. 

Every season seems have at least ONE element of Tre's going after Melissa for this or that perceived slight and Melissa trying to mend the fence.  If anything, Melissa is emerging as the one you want to watch.  Personally, in Tre's case she lost me in many ways BEFORE the federal criminal prosecution; she lost me when she and one of the despicable Kim's conspired to have Melissa humiliated publicly at an event everyone was attending by that walking turd strip club owner.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
Punctuation is my friend. Sometimes my ONLY friend.
  • Love 15