Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: House On The Rock

Wasn't Media the one who already knocked Tech Boy down a peg in that pitch meeting with Wednesday and Shadow at the police station? I vaguely recall her doing something that knocked one of his teeth out when he overstepped.

I'm wondering what the in-story reason for Media becoming New Media right at this particular time will be. I can see how Wednesday electrocuting the faceless drone body he was occupying could put a real hurt on Mr. World and catalyze some changes, but did anything worse than her bonnet blowing off happen to Media in the season finale?

I didn't know anything about the change-up and didn't notice a difference. Plus I was completely fixated on The House on the Rock because I've been there twice in my life and enjoyed recognizing the different areas. When you're walking through the carousel room, horses hung all around you, and you see the ginormous carousel in front of you, it is absolutely breathtaking! So, yeah, I was pretty caught up in that aspect. I thought them riding to the meeting and Shadow exiting the physical world through his spiritual eye was just fantastic and I really loved how they depicted the cosmic world beyond. No complaints from me about any of it.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2019 at 3:42 PM, JayBird23 said:

Thanks for the recco!  While we are  at it, any other Gaiman work's you would say are must reads?  

Thanks in advance!!

You gotta read Sandman front to back. I know it's comic books, but it's more than that and I think it's Gaiman at his absolute best. He's been successful at making the jump out of comics, but at his core that's how he started, and if you're wanting a retrospective of him as a writer, it's really not complete without Sandman. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, whiporee said:

You gotta read Sandman front to back. I know it's comic books, but it's more than that and I think it's Gaiman at his absolute best. He's been successful at making the jump out of comics, but at his core that's how he started, and if you're wanting a retrospective of him as a writer, it's really not complete without Sandman. 

Thank you!  I read Mr. Punch and thought it very clever.  We have a library in the lobby of my apartment and tenants leave books.  You're supposed to read it and return it.  I read it and returned it.  The catch was it was an autographed copy by Gaiman.  Whoever picked it up after me never returned it.  Really makes me mad.  Most tenants here don't return anything.  What can you do. ..