Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Maja's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Wow, she wears jeans!

Right? Just what I was thinking, actual clothes!

Yep, the things we give points for!  
Joining late, just watched, but love the live chat.  
And Christian must be tall too, because I didn't realize that she was tall, until the gym scene.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, String Theory said:

Yes, very much like oatmeal cookies - no raisins and a bit more crumbly.  Great with a cold glass of skim (of course) milk.  I have to ration them out or I'd eat all of them in one sitting!!!!!  Don't want TLC coming to film me in the shower, if you know what I mean!  LOL!  Fortunately no worries of that happening.

Highly recommend Hobnobs!!!

Just saw that amazon has them.

3 hours ago, aliya said:

How come none of these obesees get the right rental car???

I suspect the production company does it for dramatic effect.
And I don't know why she didn't get a wheelchair or cart, but I give her props for just assuming that it's walkable for her.
And is obesee consort a job you get when you lose your driver's license?  Or at least are a non-driver.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

You guys....I don't think Christian is a jerk.  I think he's just done.  Maybe he's been done for a long time, but he feels guilty/trapped because of Maja's weight struggles.  

I do think he's a jerk, because he's the one who got her to try Dr. Now.  
That he didn't believe she could do it, means he's just playing cruel games with her, and was just setting her up to fail.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Why?  Honestly, the only bad thing I can think he did was not get out sooner.  

Because coming to Dr. Now was his idea in the first place.  But we hear now that he expected her to fail.
To me, he's a passive-aggressive POS. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

What’s the in-joke about gasoline drawers? I must have missed a good one!

That's a saying from a friend of mine. She has a way of saying that when someone does or says something especially awful that "They're going to Hell in gasoline soaked drawers!" I think I first used it here during the original James K episode and it just kinda stuck. 😆

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Oh My. said:

I think it’s a way of not blaming a parent but addressing stuffed down issues.

i mean, her dad basically created an entire new family and then stopped coming to see her and excluded her from even family photos.  Her dad isn’t sh*t for that and she needs to address it.

After that she needs to take hard look at herself and assign blame on herself where it is due.  She is an adult who got up to nearly 700lbs.  At some point, you have to point the finger at yourself.  This woman is emotionally immature AF.

Definitely. If her dad did this the he is a major dick of epic proportions. But she's 33 and needs to get a grip.

• Love 1