Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Maja's Story

• Start Topic

I haven't read all the comments, but am I the only one who noticed that many of the photos of Maja and her parents when she was a child show that her mom was fairly overweight herself?  There's one picture where the mom looks like she weighs well over 200lbs.  Also, the dad wasn't exactly thin either.  Perhaps some of Maja's deep-seated anger issues stem from the fact that she was being fat-shamed as a child and a young teen by parents who were overweight themselves. 

• Love 4

My family members are 300+ pounds. Obesity isn't all DNA. Most of it is bad eating habits and no sense of portion control or calorie count. Exercise or activity is not emphasized but eating 3 meals a day and dessert while drinking high-calorie drinks is the norm. I have been criticized for eating "like a bird." The reality is that I know what 3 ounces of protein looks like. 

It is striking that so many of the poundtestants have large family members or enablers who have no concept that they are overweight themselves.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm watching the rerun of Maja again, and they just got to the epic goodbye in Oregon, and then her losing very little by the time she gets to Dr. Now's office.     I hope the camera crew that filmed the epic screaming tantrum of Maja calling her mother about Chrisshun causing her weight loss to stop received combat pay.     I bet that the number one witness against Maja will be 'Chrisshun', at least I hope so, in the ridiculous lawsuit.    

Why do I have the suspicion that Maja's mommy was working two jobs to pay for Maja's expenses, and Christian to stay with her?   

I love the fact that Maja still doubts Christian is leaving her, after the horrible way she treats him.   He only made two mistakes, moving to Houston, and not leaving without telling her when he was going.    The other question is why Maja's car mirror has a bunch of different flavors of the pine tree shaped air fresheners, that must smell terrible. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm watching the rerun of Maja again, and they just got to the epic goodbye in Oregon, and then her losing very little by the time she gets to Dr. Now's office.     I hope the camera crew that filmed the epic screaming tantrum of Maja calling her mother about Chrisshun causing her weight loss to stop received combat pay.     I bet that the number one witness against Maja will be 'Chrisshun', at least I hope so, in the ridiculous lawsuit.    

Why do I have the suspicion that Maja's mommy was working two jobs to pay for Maja's expenses, and Christian to stay with her?   

I love the fact that Maja still doubts Christian is leaving her, after the horrible way she treats him.   He only made two mistakes, moving to Houston, and not leaving without telling her when he was going.    The other question is why Maja's car mirror has a bunch of different flavors of the pine tree shaped air fresheners, that must smell terrible. 

I never understood Christian’s motivation to be with Maja. She was rude, immature, barren, unhealthy and all round nasty. I did notice in the rerun that Dr Now baited Maja and Christian into fighting in the office. Perhaps they had already  broken up and Dr Now tricked them into having their Waterloo in the office.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I too was drawn to this rerun like a train wreck.  Had to keep looking.  Was able to see my favorite part....the office melt-down.  

Chris-Shun.  I still chuckle at that one.

The only thing missing in their interaction was Moe clunking their heads together....or pulling Chris-Shun by his hair and Maja by her nose.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 7/8/2020 at 4:07 PM, Concerned said:

I never understood Christian’s motivation to be with Maja. She was rude, immature, barren, unhealthy and all round nasty. I did notice in the rerun that Dr Now baited Maja and Christian into fighting in the office. Perhaps they had already  broken up and Dr Now tricked them into having their Waterloo in the office.

Christian didn't fight, though. He tried to leave and then said almost nothing while Maja raged at him.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Christian is on the spectrum or socially awkward in some way, but the behaviour he exhibited on the show was consistent with the behaviour of someone who has been abused for a very long time. It's nice to read other people's thoughts in this regard; Maja was an abuser, plain and simple. She admitted to being verbally abusive. Abusers never admit to everything they are guilty of, so I really wonder what else Christian was subjected to. Those calling him a jerk or whatever need to really stop and think if they would call a woman in Christian's position the same thing. I doubt they would.

My two cents: Maja will never change. BPDs never change. Her mother was not a nice person, even in just the few moments we saw her. It is never right or appropriate to shift all the blame for family fights onto one person, but Maja's mother did that; she squarely blamed Maja for their family fights. And no doubt she did need to go to work, but at that exact moment? She was throwing up BPD flags for me just as Maja was, so I think she intentionally tried to set Maja off before leaving. Maja's reaction was inappropriate, but no doubt her mother knows what buttons to push. After all, she had a hand in putting them there.

Be free, Christian.

• Love 6

I suspect Christian was with Maja because the mother supported their lavish lifestyle.   I suspect that the Christian never wanted to move to Houston, even for a few months, and the mother was paying him to be her caretaker.   The only mistake he made was he told her he was leaving, and didn't just leave without telling her. 

I just watched the rerun this afternoon, and turned in just in time to see meltdown in Dr. Now's office, where she was calling her mother, and screaming at Christian so loud that I'm sure the entire shopping center heard her.          

• Love 4

Thanks to this episode I cannot see the name "Christian" without pronouncing it "Chris-shun".  Neither can Mrs. Formerly Heavy J.  This show has ruined me....but not completely.  I wear shoes, do not poop in plastic containers with trash bags (unless camping but that's called a camping toilet), and have never made meatloaf in bed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I'm betting Maja exaggerated everything about her life.     She claims her father banned her from his house, but I bet it was the second wife, protecting her kids from Maja.    Maja's story about the father getting mad at her about her taking the step kids for a bike ride to be leaving a lot of details out.    

I'm watching Maja's trip through the airport, and getting a rental car that isn't big enough, and she 'falls' out of it.   The woman drives a Kia Soul, and this car is a lot bigger.     And her meltdown at the rental car desk after is despicable.   I'm betting she claimed she was hurt 'falling' and that's why the rental people gave her the much bigger vehicle.      I'm still anticipating the bye-bye to mommy and grandma where she yells at her mother, and the much later office visit where she screams at her mother on the phone, while yelling at "Chrishun" and then later he gets a bus ticket and leaves her.    

• LOL 2
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're showing the rerun right now, with leaving the mother's place, and the fight.   Soon to come, Maja gaining instead of losing, and her epic screaming tantrum in Dr. Now's office.     

Other than during the live chat,  I just watched for the first time the epic meltdown after Dr. Now left the room.  Wow!    Coupled with Christian's very probing questions to Dr. Now during the initial consult,  he was done before they moved to Houston.

• Love 2

If anyone gets D-Life (Discovery Life) Maya's original story is rerunning now, started at 3 p.m. Central. 

I can't believe she claims her mother having to work to support her after her parents divorced when she was 2.   

They're showing the rerun right now, with the epic departure for Houston place involving multiple crying jags from Maya, Maya whining because her mother has to go to both of her retail jobs today, and I'm sure a lot of drive-thru windows on the way to Lil Now Now's office.   When her weight gets checked, and she only lost 9 lbs it's only the beginning of her ridiculous excuses. 

By the way, her 'neglectful' mother paid for a couch and bed to be delivered to the very nice apartment in Houston.   It's not just a mattress on the floor either, it looks like a King size with the wooden bedstead, and what looks like a really nice sofa.   

This is the visit where she yells at Chrishun and blames him for everything, and calls her mother to complain about him.     Maya's mother is such an enabler.   her epic screaming tantrum in Dr. Now's office, and Maya calling her mother to complain everything is Chrishun's fault. 

Soon to come, Maja gaining instead of losing, and  I love what Chrishun does after this.     Maya gaining 5 lbs, and more to follow is hysterical, the way she blames everything but her own eating.   Her telling Dr. Now she had 'Sushi, Pizza and Pasta' is bizarre.   Then her fake tears in his office in a try for sympathy is ridiculous.     Notice that the aunt Maya claims was coming to take care of her after surgery never showed up.   I think Maya moved back to Oregon, I don't remember if she ever had surgery. 

(She is one of the litigants claiming TLC and the producers were so mean to her).    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama