Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Maja's Story

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can imagine that Maja could fit into some brands of cars better than others, but I call bull on her 'fall' out of that car.  It's a strong second place on fake falls to Steven Assanti and his golf cart flop.     I wonder if the supersized will have interesting information, or just filler the way they usually seem to have.  

I literally just watched that part and it was laughable.  My heart would normally break for her, but it was so fake!  Her boyfriend is a douche.

Out of fast food options, favorite foods are cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets. 

Waaah, waah, spending time with Mom who was tired from working two jobs was not as much fun as hanging out with her grandparents and aunt.  Tragic, I know.

The reason her father stopped being part of her life is "he was sick of driving 3 hours to pick me up for the weekend".  

She is a huge movie fan.  

It's very funny and snarkable to hear her and Christian talk about their relationship and each other in the beginning of the show now that I know how it all ends!  And I keep noticing subtle things like Christian sitting as far as possible from her on the couch even in the first scenes. 

They said Maja lived on a cruise ship for 9 months.  That was probably during the period of time when she was working (mainly in food service) but I kept imagining her sitting in the 24-hour buffet for 9 months straight, eating non-stop!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think the camera crew hates Maja too.    When they had the pop up just now it said "Maja is a HUGE movie fan", and listed the genres she likes.     I thought Christian was kind of a douche until I saw the constant abuse he was subjected too.    The fight at the doctor's office was horrible, and I can't believe that he stayed with her for so long, and even moved in together.    

They're showing the airport car rental scene 'fall' again, and the car was a Hyundai, which is the same as a Kia, which she also owns.    Maybe putting the seat back would have been a good way to fit in the driver's seat too?

The pop up right before that said that she refused to leave all of her family photos at home even for this short trip to Houston.   Maybe leaving those at home would have made traveling easier?     

I can't wait for the big fight to see what pop ups they have then.   

I can only imagine the father trapped in the car with Maja whining the entire 3 hour trip to his house, and back.    Six hours of her whining would make me want to 'accidentally' leave her behind at a rest stop.   I bet she was absolutely hateful to the second wife, and little kids too.    Considering her rotten attitude, and yelling, if I was the second wife I would have told the husband she wasn't coming to my house either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I just don't get why she keeps repeating her complaints over and over and over and over - is she trying to work herself up or does she think a magic fairy will come and solve her issues if she complains enough?

The falling scene was shown much better in this version.  She had something like a panic attack and Christian actually came up to her and tried to help her but there is no way for a regular man to support her weight!   She didn't really fall as much as she slid onto the floor of the parking garage. 

• Love 7

I love that someone on here pages ago said that they bet after her hissy fit at the rental desk that she probably got a huge discount on the rental.  I bet she got that huge SUV for a super bargain price after her wailing, and talking about falling.       Note to future poundticipants, when you cry, the occasional tear should actually be visible.   

Good grief!   I picked up using the word HUGE for everything.    Did any of the popups say why Christian doesn't drive?   

• Love 3

The SUV they got has NY license plates!  I will know our orange anywhere.  

The box said they got a nice hotel and hoped to do some sight-seeing along with the appointment.  An earlier one said Maja was looking forward to going to Houston because she has never visited Texas before.

Another box said she was happy to meet Dr. Now and impressed with his "extensive medical knowledge" and liked his sense of humor.   That sure didn't last...

4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Did any of the popups say why Christian doesn't drive?   

Not that I saw.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 3

Christian asked a different question during the first appointment vs. original airing - he asked whether going onto the diet would be a shock to her system.  Dr. Now responded with it is taking the load off the system that is pushed to the limit now.

I wonder if they read the comments that he came across as douchy in the original showing until the abuse he was subjected to became apparent and adjusted this episode to portray him as more sympathetic from the beginning?  Probably not but maybe they did have that presentation in mind when editing the cuts...

• Love 2

Her least favorite vegetable is beets.  Maybe she doesn't know how to cook them properly?  I love beets!  Her favorite food on her new healthy diet is grilled shrimp.  

She hopes to visit Serbia some day.  Well, if she could barely handle the 4 hour flight to Houston, how is she going to deal with the transatlantic flight?   She is not likely to lose any weight doing it her own way.

• Love 3

The bonus scene is them packing to move to Houston.  She is both excited and terrified because she has never left her family before.  But hasn't she lived on the cruise ship?

Her Aunt who helped raise her came over to help her pack.  The aunt is far from slim too, but not nearly as bad as Maja. 

Maja is complaining that Christian is looking at his phone and detached and she is starting to doubt whether he is committed to moving to Houston and to her.

They did not have apartment arranged when packing, just applications out.  Now that is stressful, I get that.  I wouldn't have agreed to something like that...  Even as a new graduate with limited cash I still flew out to NJ to look at apartments for a couple days and chose a place and had everything in place before I moved halfway across the country.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

She can easily fly to Serbia.    They just need to strap a La-Z-Girl in the cargo hold, put a huge fridge of sugary drinks, and her favorite foods (Sushi, Pizza, and whatever else she eats when she gets hangry), and she'll be fine, then just send her down the luggage conveyor, chair and all.    Maybe I should try that next time I fly, no waiting at baggage claim that way.  

This extra scene of the tension between them better be juicy.    Or else I stayed up late for nothing.   That wasn't thrilling.    Except I love it when she was supposed to lose a lot, but instead gained 5 lbs.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hellga said:

Another box said she was happy to meet Dr. Now and impressed with his "extensive medical knowledge" and liked his sense of humor.   That sure didn't last...

Ha. I noticed that too. I don't care what kind of extended take they give on her, there's not enough lipstick for this p...   She's still an awful person and Christian is well rid of her.

• Love 8

Has anyone else noticed that the photos posted recently to her Facebook page, where visitors compliment her on noticeable weight loss, appear to be a much younger person? And so might be from an earlier time when she weighed less? 😋

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Has anyone else noticed that the photos posted recently to her Facebook page, where visitors compliment her on noticeable weight loss, appear to be a much younger person? And so might be from an earlier time when she weighed less? 😋

It is dated something like 2012 or 2013 if you actually look at it, so of course it is from when she has not gained as much yet, not because she lost anything. 

I fell asleep before the end of the show, so I will have to finish watching today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I had forgotten Maja and that creepy so-called boyfriend, Christian, so I watched the Supersized last night. Something's very wrong with Christian.

Anybody else notice, on the call with "MOM!", she asked, "wouldn't you help someone out on the street?" He said, "Nobody helped ME when I was out on the street! You have to pull yourself out" or something like that.  Had he been homeless?  Did they ever have a decent relationship?  Had he done time in jail?  Why doesn't he drive?

Really makes me wonder about his background. He's clearly very damaged with seriously bad interpersonal skills.

• Love 2

Well, I speed- watched thru most of the supersized Maya.   For someone who dressed decently, she really should note that those tops she wears with the horizontal stripes are not a good choice.    And her hair-----I may be an old fuddy duddy, but purple hair does not faze me; nor does blue, green, or a mixture; it is  foot long roots that bug me.   There was another poundcipiant that had the same unfortunate hair colors.   Either cut your hair at the length it is growing out or go get your hair colored again. 

Most of what I got from the bonus scenes was that Chris-shun was checked out before the move to Texas.  IIRC, she had moved into his apartment so I guess it was his furniture that they took to Houston, although it looked like the furniture was mostly a couch, table and tv.  Then he had to leave his furniture to move back to his now unfurnished apartment in Portland (or was it Seattle?).   And there was a scene where she was cooking dinner for him;  I thought he was going to crush the remote.  I  am really meh about him.  I did wonder if part of his problem --in addition to being treated horribly-- was being uncomfortable about being filmed.   Would TLC film a poundcipiant whose companion did not want to be filmed but was still willing to stay?   Also I don't understand why the companion has to stay the whole year in Houston since I thought the purpose of the companion was primarily to care for the patient for a few weeks after surgery.   And does he require non-TLC patients to stay the year?   It seems so unnecessary to me.  I think I should wander over to his website....

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Trees said:

I had forgotten Maja and that creepy so-called boyfriend, Christian, so I watched the Supersized last night. Something's very wrong with Christian.

Anybody else notice, on the call with "MOM!", she asked, "wouldn't you help someone out on the street?" He said, "Nobody helped ME when I was out on the street! You have to pull yourself out" or something like that.  Had he been homeless?  Did they ever have a decent relationship?  Had he done time in jail?  Why doesn't he drive?

Really makes me wonder about his background. He's clearly very damaged with seriously bad interpersonal skills.

Isn't the adage that you find a partner at YOUR OWN level of function or dysfunction (Maja)?? How would/could ANY man who didn't have massive interpersonal/behavioral/attitudinal issues spend more than 30 SECONDS with the train wreck Maja??

Also, about the driving, I'm thinking it's possible that if Christian suffered through endless bouts of dysfunction as an adolescent/young adult maybe nobody taught him to drive OR maybe he has a suspended license OR maybe he was arrested for a DUI.

• Love 3

They had bought a new bed, couch, and TV when they moved to Houston, it was a brief scene after they arrived at the apartment.      

I don't know if they said what happened to his stuff from the apartment when they moved out, if it was stored, or sold, but either way it would be worth it to leave Maja's abuse behind.

I'm guessing that Christian left home, and was living on the streets at some point.   But I'm guessing that was a long time ago, since Christian and Maja had lived together so long, about four years as I recall.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They had bought a new bed, couch, and TV when they moved to Houston, it was a brief scene after they arrived at the apartment.      

I don't know if they said what happened to his stuff from the apartment when they moved out, if it was stored, or sold, but either way it would be worth it to leave Maja's abuse behind.

I'm guessing that Christian left home, and was living on the streets at some point.   But I'm guessing that was a long time ago, since Christian and Maja had lived together so long, about four years as I recall.  

Yes, Christian's furniture was placed into storage before they left Houston, and he either gave up or sublet his apartment. The furniture in Houston was all new, but don't know who paid for it -- perhaps Maja's mother.

Maja and Christian had been together 2-3 years before the move to Houston. Don't know what had caused him to be 'on the streets' if that meant he was homeless or what, or how long ago it had been. He's kind of a mystery man, and I for one am rather curious about him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Yes, Christian's furniture was placed into storage before they left Houston, and he either gave up or sublet his apartment. The furniture in Houston was all new, but don't know who paid for it -- perhaps Maja's mother.

Maja and Christian had been together 2-3 years before the move to Houston. Don't know what had caused him to be 'on the streets' if that meant he was homeless or what, or how long ago it had been. He's kind of a mystery man, and I for one am rather curious about him.

Cort Furniture Rental or someone similar.  Much like the twins and many others having furniture delivered right after arriving in Houston. 

• Love 2

I bet the apartment complexes have a relationship with furniture rental places that can deliver quickly to their residents.    Around here many of the complexes have a relationship with the sales people at the furniture rental places, so I'm guessing the big complexes in Houston would have similar arrangements they could make.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1

The bonus scene was them in the apartment after her screaming fit at the doctor's office.  She said she was sorry about losing it but how she was wishing Christian was more supportive and that he promised to love her and help her and he doesn't.  Well, people fall out of love, and if you behave like she does, it's to be expected!  Also she was complaining he was giving her the silent treatment - but it sure didn't sound like that!  He didn't say much but he did speak to her!  I guess this scene was meant to portray her as more sympathetic - well, it didn't work.  She is a notch less bitchy in this version, but this is not much of an improvement anyway.  They are both unpleasant individuals.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 4

Maja did admit to Lola that she’s verbally abusive.  Her awareness is good, but I’m guessing that Christian was living in his own special kind of hell. The future Mr. Oliver asked what was wrong with him, walked away, came back and saw Maja throwing her own purse around like a child having a tantrum.  The FMO said, “oh, she’s  what’s wrong with him.”   Indeed, honey.  Indeed.  

If a man were acting like Maja and the female “spouse” was detached, it’d make sense.  She wouldn’t be a bitch, she’d be a victim.  I think Christian’s behavior is totally normal for someone living with an abuser.  

• Love 22
11 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

Maja did admit to Lola that she’s verbally abusive.  Her awareness is good, but I’m guessing that Christian was living in his own special kind of hell. The future Mr. Oliver asked what was wrong with him, walked away, came back and saw Maja throwing her own purse around like a child having a tantrum.  The FMO said, “oh, she’s  what’s wrong with him.”   Indeed, honey.  Indeed.  

If a man were acting like Maja and the female “spouse” was detached, it’d make sense.  She wouldn’t be a bitch, she’d be a victim.  I think Christian’s behavior is totally normal for someone living with an abuser.  

See I'm kinda confused when it comes to Christian CHRIS-shun-uh. While I don't doubt that he was subjected to her abuse--hey she showed her full, nasty colors for all to see. However, Christian didn't always behave like a scared, cowering victim of abuse. Quite often he was observed being really sarcastic -- actually quite funny to me -- with her or gave her the silent treatment. He never exhibited the walking on egg shells, I don't want to say anything to provoke her type of behavior one comes to expect from a victim in an abusive relationship.

Also, I just don't understand why he moved to Houston with her? That woman was going to be a major she-beast no matter where they lived. I completely support him getting away from her but thought that he should have dropped her like a bad habit BEFORE he went to Houston. I mean it was apparent that he was totally and understandably emotionally checked out of the relationship during that infamous and now legendary office visit with Dr. Now.

Although she's an awful, barely human being and I can't stand her, I really didn't care for Christian either.

Edited to add: Perhaps it's the male victim, female abuser dynamic. However, I remember seeing a medical show featuring what goes on in emergency rooms. They brought in a male stabbing victim. Turns out he was stabbed by his live-in girlfriend and he had previously been stabbed by her TWICE! His family begged him to leave her but he wouldn't. In his case I guess the third time was the charm since he died.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ProTourist said:

On her Facebook page, Maja posted that she is continuing to work with Lola on anger management. She also stated that she is working now, as a dispatcher. Maybe she'll be able to get herself together.

Given her history of misrepresenting reality to suit her wishes, I won't believe anything she posts until it has been verified by an independent third party.  I guess she has worked at some point in the past, so maybe she is not incapable of working.  But given her calling Christian a spouse who left because she couldn't have children, perhaps her working as a dispatcher is her signing up online to be a per-diem on-call dispatcher and not necessarily being selected or picking up any shifts even if she was.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Given her history of misrepresenting reality to suit her wishes, I won't believe anything she posts until it has been verified by an independent third party.  I guess she has worked at some point in the past, so maybe she is not incapable of working.  But given her calling Christian a spouse who left because she couldn't have children, perhaps her working as a dispatcher is her signing up online to be a per-diem on-call dispatcher and not necessarily being selected or picking up any shifts even if she was.

I understand the inclination to disbelieve Maja, but if it makes any difference, she said that she had recently been promoted, which implies existing employment, and that she was running late to work one day, right after her promotion, due to an issue with the locks on her apartment door which was preventing her from opening it. She posted a video to show the issue with her front door, and a building maintenance worker climbing a ladder to enter through the balcony. 😊

I know we're not supposed to post links to Facebook pages here, but if you google her first and last names, it should come right up.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ProTourist said:

On her Facebook page, Maja posted that she is continuing to work with Lola on anger management. She also stated that she is working now, as a dispatcher. Maybe she'll be able to get herself together.

Holy crap...I was a police/911 dispatcher for 18 years. Given her tendency to melt down over the tiniest thing, I can’t see that ending well...

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TheWalkinDude said:

Holy crap...I was a police/911 dispatcher for 18 years. Given her tendency to melt down over the tiniest thing, I can’t see that ending well...

Do we know that she's working as an emergency services dispatcher? There are "dispatcher" jobs in the private sector, such as transportation services (taxis, airport shuttle companies, etc.). For example, big parking lots at/near major airports have several shuttles running at once and there's somebody in the office on the radio in communication with all the drivers.

I'm thinking private sector because I don't see her making the cut for public sector emergency services dispatcher jobs. As @TheWalkinDude noted, she's too prone to meltdowns. She's even said she's working on anger management. I'm pretty sure the public sector (fire, police) screens for that kind of personality issue before hiring dispatchers.

Edited by Jeeves
words and thoughts and stuff
  • Love 8

No way she could be an emergency dispatcher of any kind.   Maybe for a moving company, or something like that, but not emergency stuff.    Unless she only lasted one day.  

However, tons of companies have schedulers, especially outside of non-business hours.   Plumbers, electricians, emergency clean up companies, moving companies, anything that has emergency services 24/7 needs a scheduler. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ProTourist said:

This must be one of the children of her father's second marriage. Looks like they are having fun.

Didn't she say her father was embarrassed by her weight?     It does look like they are having a good time.   There could be a visit to Dr Now in the future for the sister if she isn't more careful about her weight.  Wonder what the father has to say about this other daughter (that is, if she is his daughter--I don't think the mother had other children, but I could be wrong)

I am glad she has a job.   I think someone at TLC has noticed our grousing about the fact that even the mobile patients seem to be mostly unemployed, and no one much until this season has been shown working after their weight loss.  Someone was working this season at a call center--cannot remember who it was.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Twopper said:

Didn't she say her father was embarrassed by her weight?     It does look like they are having a good time.   There could be a visit to Dr Now in the future for the sister if she isn't more careful about her weight.  Wonder what the father has to say about this other daughter (that is, if she is his daughter--I don't think the mother had other children, but I could be wrong)

I am glad she has a job.   I think someone at TLC has noticed our grousing about the fact that even the mobile patients seem to be mostly unemployed, and no one much until this season has been shown working after their weight loss.  Someone was working this season at a call center--cannot remember who it was.

Paula did scheduling for a moving company from home.  

• Love 2

It's so easy to misrepresent one's life online.  So many people do it...  One of the main reasons I don't use Facebook or Instagram, just Twitter (the cesspit that it is, but at least there is less room for BS) and she was even lying to the man she lived with about the purpose of her leaving the house.  I do buy that she may be doing some kind of work.  Good for her if she is... assuming she uses it as a motivation to get her life under control and not as the money to spend on more fast food.

Her face doesn't look any thinner, and her sister is not that much smaller than her.  

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, Tosia said:

Another Sped teacher weighing (ha!) In here....just speculating.   I did consider that Maia's  tantrum at mom abt not doing multiple things at once when she was leaving might be somewhat rigid thinking of spectrum.   That and her minimal communication skills...with everyone. ..she only said the same 5 statements in the whole 2 hours.  Chriss-shaun, Chriss-shaun, etc.....      

Also her easy frustration at normal situations, altho moving is a pain. Maia's statements that people shouldn't" lie" to her (abt Houston airport) seem immature and weird, and her anger at.                          Chriss-shaun's jokes abt urgent care in the 3rd world country of Texas,  and calling the FBI to look for bedbugs.....which I thought were funny/snarky. 

Or her IQ may have been somewhat low and she may have some OCD issues.  There's a lot going on in her psyche and emotions. ...or a whole lot of nothin' going on (upstairs).   Lol. 

Just common sense remarking here: She has had no social interaction to speak of. Other than what she has learned watching the likes of 'The Jerry Springer Show', 'Oprah' and 'Dog, The Bounty Hunter', she has no practical experience with details of Life outside her living room/bedroom/bathroom-in-one. She has never been to an airport, so she has no idea just how vast they are. Any lack of information, or incorrect information for whatever reason (including that she didn't know what questions to ask in the first place) means she is being lied to - of course! Never had a job. No concept of money. She's not sick, she's not on some ambiguous "spectrum". She just never had to grow up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/21/2019 at 8:52 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I guess Maja has tight compression socks but I think a “grabber” might still have helped her. I dunno. 

I have lymphedema and wear compression socks. I don't think one of those grabbers would help, although I have seen "grabber" gloves for sale on the same sites that sell the compression garments. I think the sock sliders are more for loose-fitting socks.

I quit wearing pantyhose ages ago, but when I had to start wearing compression socks, they took me right back ("bunch up the sock to the toe and pull it on gradually" -- the instructions are essentially the same).

• Love 2
On 2/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, Hellga said:

Most compression socks require quite a bit of effort to put on.  Don't know if something that is used to put on regular socks would work, but I personally doubt it would.

Oops, I didn't see your response before I replied. But I agree with you. :)

• Love 2

Hiya Pounders! I am back at work now (post-cancer) and WAY behind on episodes. I just watched this one and two others and have many to go. What a wretched, unlikeable person Maja is. The boyfriend gave me the shivers. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Hiya Pounders! I am back at work now (post-cancer) and WAY behind on episodes. I just watched this one and two others and have many to go. What a wretched, unlikeable person Maja is. The boyfriend gave me the shivers. 

Welcome back!  I was a lurker until this month, and I've enjoyed your comments over recent years.  Congrats on being post-cancer; I know the feeling as I've been cancer-free for three years now.

I've noticed that Christian reminds me a bit of a nephew who has Aspergers. My nephew is much warmer and loving, but has some problems with social interactions (as do most of my relatives), and a tendency to wall off himself when concentrating on something.  He also doesn't drive, and has never had any interest in driving.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Welcome back!  I was a lurker until this month, and I've enjoyed your comments over recent years.  Congrats on being post-cancer; I know the feeling as I've been cancer-free for three years now.

I've noticed that Christian reminds me a bit of a nephew who has Aspergers. My nephew is much warmer and loving, but has some problems with social interactions (as do most of my relatives), and a tendency to wall off himself when concentrating on something.  He also doesn't drive, and has never had any interest in driving.

Thanks for the welcome and I wish you good health!

Yeah, he had something of an odd vibe. What I cannot understand is why these significant others are with these people. What possible attraction is there to someone that is practically confined to a bed, needs assistance with hygiene and spends their days shoveling unhealthy foods into themselves. In many cases, these girl/boyfriends are treated poorly by the overweight person and are in a position of being a major enabler by going out and buying all this junk food in order to keep peace in the home. I'm trying to see what are the joys of maintaining such a relationship for the non-patient.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 5

I feel so sorry for Christian, and I'm glad he escaped Maja.    Maja's meltdown in Dr. Now's office, where she calls mommy and goes ballistic is epic.    Christian should have just called Mom for the bus ticket, and left without saying a word to Maja.    I can't wait for the rerun Wednesday, and the ending.

I'm such a bad person, I'm watching the rerun, and Maya doing her phony fall out of the rental car is so hysterical.    She drives the same car I do, and if she fits in a Kia Soul, then she would have fit in that car.    The secret to having it be too small is you don't move the seat back.   I bet she got that huge SUV from the rental people for a really cheap rate after her phony crying spell.    The first visit at Dr. Now's where she lies about what and how she eats was epic too.    

Her mother works two jobs, and Maja is whining about her mother going to work?    How selfish.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Searched for updates on this nasty bitch and there isn't much except for a gorgeous staged picture of her that makes it appear as though she is a thin model, very very suspiciously beautiful bright staged looking photo.  I'm reminded of some of our Whitney's staged photos that make her look wonderful, when in reality she's as big as ever.  

OMG we're at the scene where she didn't lose weight, screams and cries in the Dr office and calls her mommy, who begs Christian-uh to stay there and put up with her crap (so that they aren't saddled with her again LOL).

Edited by Snarkastikate
Typo
  • Love 4

Christian's demeanor just seems shut down to me.  He must have had a lot bottled up inside, dealing with her constant whining and crying, not to mention blaming everyone else for all of her problems. That's his way of coping, along with the sarcastic remarks.  I'm glad he escaped.  Quite frankly, I don't know of many men that would have stayed after that epic meltdown in Dr. Now's office.

• Love 5

I can't imagine how awful it was to live with Maja for the number of years Christian did.    The way the mother begged him to stay with her at the doctor's office was so disgusting.   Of course, Maja was yelling at her mother for going to work, when the woman was working two jobs.     However, the fact that no one showed up in Houston to being brutalized by Maja after Christian left, said a lot to me.      

I have to laugh when I see the selfies that show 'weight loss', when the person shoots their face, has their head tilted back, and it makes you look thinner.    Plus, add the filters many people use, and it's so phony. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Yes, and the whole scene at the car with her mother.  The whole "I'm busy" routine.  How long does it take to say goodbye?  She couldn't stop packing the car for a minute or so?  Very rigid thinking.  Can tell the Maja's mother is well aware of Maja's issues and isn't going to be an emotional punching bag for them.  Though I gotta wonder about a parent, 2 jobs or not, that isn't alarmed by her daughter weighing 100 pounds at the age of 5.  I weighed less than that when I went to college.  (Thinks to self sadly, boy, those were the days).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Yokosmom said:

Though I gotta wonder about a parent, 2 jobs or not, that isn't alarmed by her daughter weighing 100 pounds at the age of 5.

Agreed, there were some childhood issues left unaddressed. 

I watched the repeat of the episode last evening (I'm recovering from knee replacement surgery so trying to rest) and was struck by the fact that at the end when Maja was at that volunteer place she seemed the happiest ever!  I think her total weight loss was in the neighborhood of 100 lbs. so maybe that's "it" for her.  Maybe that's as far as she cares to go with weight loss.  Maybe she will learn to accept herself for the weight she's at and focus on helping others less fortunate than she is and appreciating her efforts on her behalf.  Let's hope she steers clear of hitching up with any more "romantic" (I use the word loosely) relationships that turn into disasters!!

• Love 2