Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Missing in Action

• Start Topic

Jazz's boyfriend, Ahmir, visits.  While Jazz learns to kiss and falls for Ahmir more and more, her friends have major concerns. Dr. Bowers the Jennings to fly to NYC so Jazz can be examined asap. Jazz goes missing and her parents fear the worst.  

Jazz is gone!  Will she ever be found? Will the Jennings start a person hunt throughout Florida? Will Jeanette find the missing shoulders for her tops? These questions and more will be answered in the next episode of creating drama even though someone's life experiences and those of her friends would be plenty interesting with better show runners. 

Let's find out where Jazz has gone and what excuses she can muster up for why she is not picking up calls from Jeanette. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I think the real question will be will Greg finally lose his shit on Jeanette and Jazz and pull the plug on their continual nonsense. 

In the promo, he does look a bit irritated doesn’t he! He tells her to get off camera and pull her mic.  Too bad he is not Catholic.  He could apply for sainthood!🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Why does Jazz have Amir to the house to meet the parents and then she has to lay on the sofa with her blanket?  Then she climbs over the footrest to get off the sofa and you could look up her dress, nice.  Then she takes Amir to her room where she lays on her bed with another blanket.  Can’t she just sit up like a normal person?

Oh dear Lord, the entire episode has just been cringeworthy!

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21

Jeepers....Jazz is a little pushy for a girl.   She's like, we have to try out my vagina to see if it works!...oh, here's my dialator I stick in myself every day.   Then, show me how to kiss, c'mon, kiss me more, more.....settle down girl and try to be a little more like a lady.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

All of Jazz's teenager friends grilling this poor guy like some head-of-the-family grandmother and digging into his life and character is so annoying.  And then the brothers interrogating him and telling him he needs to step up his boyfriend game...  I would be on the next plane home.  Jazz ain't all that.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, patty1h said:

All of Jazz's teenager friends grilling this poor guy like some head-of-the-family grandmother and digging into his life and character is so annoying.  And then the brothers interrogating him and telling him he needs to step up his boyfriend game...  I would be on the next plane home.  Jazz ain't all that.

Ikr

• LOL 1
20 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

Jeepers....Jazz is a little pushy for a girl.   She's like, we have to try out my vagina to see if it works!...oh, here's my dialator I stick in myself every day.   Then, show me how to kiss, c'mon, kiss me more, more.....settle down girl and try to be a little more like a lady.

I know right,,, jeez meanwhile the parents, friends and brothers tell Amir how he needs to step up his game and be a gentleman!  

God these people and the hypocrisy 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Is Jeanette freaking out at the end because she thinks that since Jazz is "missing" that she and Amir are maybe screwing?  That's the impression I got.   Are we in 1950?   She has three older children who all went through the sexual awakening stage, so why is she so freaked out?  Does she think that Jazz would attempt something with her still healing vag, or does she think that Amir would force himself on Jazz?   

Mama better get herself on some tranquilizers if not being able to reach Jazz set off this much drama.

• Love 6

I’m getting the soap opera feel from the show at this point.  I have to come to the conclusion that the majority of what is being portrayed at this point is scripted drama to prop up the show since she’s completed her transition.

None of the commentary from her friends, parents, siblings or even Amir sounds even remotely realistic with regards to him being her boyfriend.  Especially Amir.  So he’s supposed to be all in for a long term relationship with someone who admittedly, has no libido and also may or may not enjoy or have any interest in sex going forward?  I find it hard to believe that he would be ok with that possible eventuality.  Even the kissing seems forced and mechanical.

• Love 14

Wow, I have no words.

Okay,  I think I have found a few.  

On 2/17/2019 at 7:43 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Jazz is gone!  Will she ever be found? Will the Jennings start a person hunt throughout Florida? Will Jeanette find the missing shoulders for her tops? These questions and more will be answered in the next episode of creating drama even though someone's life experiences and those of her friends would be plenty interesting with better show runners. 

Let's find out where Jazz has gone and what excuses she can muster up for why she is not picking up calls from Jeanette.  

Well, I watched, and I still don't know the answer to these questions which may or may not be answered next week. 

Jazz   could use some instruction on more feminine (I guess I shouldn't say "lady-like") ways to sit and move.   Too bad the show "What not to Wear" is no longer in production or I would nominate her for it in a heartbeat.  

I know south Florida is hot, but she really needs to exchange the muumuus for some younger looking clothes. 

Also at the rate she is eating, she will have to diet again before the next surgery.  She won't realize a weight gain in the clothes she wears.

The scene at the picnic table was just so odd.  He lost me when he said he wanted to be president without having plans to get there.  Actually, I thought maybe he said that just thinking it was such a ridiculous idea that they would change the subject; instead they sounded like overbearing guidance counselors.

I know I am an old fuddy duddy , but lying on her bed with a boy at that stage of a relationship at her age (she is still 17) and waving the dilator at him is just cringe-making.   She has no filter whatsoever;   I don't think her parents have done her any favors by allowing her to go unfiltered for so many years.  Parents are there to put up boundaries;  I guess it is because she is the youngest and trans that she gets away with so much, and she was teasing about her parents not knowing if she breaks their rules or not while they are gone.  Or is she bragging that she will? 

Well, Jeanette said the twins were identical so I have an answer to that question.

I truly don't understand these people,  I know it is scripted, but having that conversation in a restaurant was over the top even for Jeanette.  Whatever happened to "I can't talk right now.  Let me call you later or please call me at ___ time tomorrow or something"

I don't think Jazz is lost, because she has done interviews since then.  Probably her phone battery is dead, and they are eating donuts at her fav donut place.

I am with Sander (I think) when he says that you become friends first.  I know Jazz wants a boyfriend, and TCL wants a story line, but this relationship is awfully fast.  I don't want her to get hurt just to have a first romance occur on tv.   I wonder what she will think in 10-20 years when she looks back on this.   Also I could do without the underwear shopping trip for Jeanette.  Do they really need a somewhat sexy parallel story line with the parents?   We have 25th wedding anniversary vs. first love.

• Love 19

Hard to believe Ahmir is the first boyfriend Jazz ever had the way she was flirting around with him. He strikes me as the introverted, serious type. She may not want to lead him on, unless she's sure of her feelings for him, or the poor guy is in for a big heartache.

Edited by Jenny8
  • Love 2

why would the ONE time you go on your 25th anniversary dinner date , romantically sitting by the ocean , after you shopped for sexy lingerie - as preferred by your husband, you would allow your inexperienced-in-dating kid to also go out with someone who you don't feel comfortable with yet, during the same hour(s)?

Sound like Greg and Jeanette are getting back to being husband and wife - but they (well mainly Jeanette) need to draw a line. A line bigger than going "off camera" to track down the teenagers. What happened to the GPS tracker thing - didn't plug in in the car ?No one had Amir's cell nbr ?

I hope Greg brings up a discussion about they now have almost 4 grown children and is looking forward to the next chapter of their lives - what they plan and want to do as a couple- semi-retire, travel, move, etc.

Surely, the Jazz and Amir could have went out earlier, the next day, the day before or with one of the older siblings or the grandparents , so you can be in peace .  Amir doesn't know the area - so how much trouble could he have gotten into? Too bad some of Jazz's horny-ness hasn't rubbed off on Jeanette. Greg is still a good looking guy - when he cleans up a little.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I missed something why was Amir at the philly conference ?

Jeanette said she couldn't treat Jazz's relationship like she did with the 3 older ones... I wish she would have said how she did treat the 3 older ones... did she let their "dates" into their bedroom at age 17 ?

Jayleen (Jazz's friend) and the rest of her "crew" need to keep their claws in a little. I'm glad Jazz said that she is not letting the mean girl crew change her perception of him. I hope Jayleen isn't one of those girls who would say something evil about a boyfriend, b/c she's jealous in some kind of way.

Edited by sATL
22 minutes ago, sATL said:

Jeanette said she couldn't treat Jazz's relationship like she did with the 3 older ones... I wish she would have said how she did treat the 3 older ones... did she let their "dates" into their bedroom at age 17 ?

With the way the twins act, their dates were probably each other!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The story that Amir first saw Jazz when his brother showed him her YouTube videos seems odd to me. Why would his brother have shown him the video? It doesn’t really seem like the kind of thing brothers would show each other?

I liked Greg’s responses at the dinner about not talking on the phone and being annoyed Jeanette answered Dr Bowers, it actually was some real dialogue not said just for the camera.

Jazz is just gross. Waving around her dilator like that, in front of her new boyfriend she’s known for two weeks. WTF!?

• Love 11
On 2/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Well it will be the standard teenage answers... phone not charged.. had it on vibrate.. didn't have charger... it was in the car/purse/backpack and we were ___ ...I was going to call you back when...I left my phone at....I was talking to xwy  when you called....had it set to got to voicemail... I didn't see you called... you didn't leave a message... couldn't get a strong signal... was watching some SM/youtube/Instagram or playing a game .... I was driving and didn't connect to bluetooth/hands-free/etc...

{ feel free to add to the list ...}

Jeanette and Greg said Jazz is mischievous... 

And big sis Ari didn't cover for her ?? Hmmmm...

Edited by sATL

I feel like Jazz is waaaaay too pushy when it's coming to this sex stuff, almost like she's trying to just jump into it since she hasn't been able to yet. Amir is really visibly uncomfortable with a lot of this stuff and I don't blame him, like her telling him that they're gonna have to try her vagina out was wild. And she's insisting that he needs to kiss her with tongue even though he doesn't like it. He could be the nicest dude in the world and she can still be too OTT and turn him off her forever, she needs to calm down about it. I really don't think she's ready to be jumping into a relationship when she just had that major life changing surgery that didn't go well and she's still working through all of that and waiting for it to all heal. She needs to put the brakes on a bit and her acting like this is her overcompensating for how scary what she just went through was.

Edited by missnoa
  • Love 10

Okay. I've never seen this show before (but I've seen the million commercials during the recent My 600 lb Life binge that the husband and I have been having). But I left it on this channel while making muffins and I got really curious about halfway through and came here to see if my question could be answered and I'm not 100% sure it was so I gotta know:

Ahmir and Jazz have been dating for how long by the mid-point of this episode? Because when they were out at their lunch/dinner before he got grilled by her friends, she was all "Like, he's totally uncomfortable because I'm, like, totally open about talking about sex and my vagina" and it didn't come across that they had known each other for that long before this moment. But LOL joking about teh sex and teh vagoo is totally what early dating conversation material should be when it's a new-ish, first-ish relationship. Especially when your new-ish boyfriend tells you you're shit at kissing.  

I would have had a drink every time Jazz said any variant of "kiss" but I've only paid attention for literally five minutes at this point and I would already be flat on my ass drunk if I tried it. 

Oh, and my first minute viewing also tells me that Jazz's mom is totally cringe-worthy. Because now Jazz and her new boyfriend are making out and MOM IS TOTALLY WEIRD, GUYS.

signed,
A first time, accidentally, probably never again viewer mainly because every time Jazz's mom comes on screen wearing those ridiculous 80's style reading glasses, I'm laughing too hard to actually pay attention 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Dr Bowers really seems to be going above and beyond, offering to fly down to them if they can't come to her. I am impressed honestly. Also I am amused that Greg is like, don't do the Jazz is missing phone call on camera, take your mic off! I really don't think he likes being on camera much and when anything happens he REALLY doesn't like to be on camera.

• Love 5

I know I said I was leaving but I stayed for the end because Dad was totally "Don't have this conversation with the doctor on speaker phone, we're at a restaurant" and then proceeds to YELLspeak to the doctor on speaker phone while at the restaurant. "You want us to go here? And do this? So you can do that? And then you want us to go there again next week? So you can do that again?" Worst. Line. Reading. Ever. But thanks for the itinerary of the next episode! And then GASP!CHESTGRAB Jazz is missing?! Oh, no! Where ever could she be?

My money is on making out in the driveway with her new boyfriend but without her creepy mother coming by to knock on the window and be all, "Hey, guys. What's going on here? Oh, I'm just going to... awkwardly... back away because IT'S NOT LIKE THERE ISN'T A CAMERA CREW HANGING AROUND FILMING ALL OF THIS blah blah trust or something."

Damn it. I'm totally going to watch next week, aren't I?

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Excellent point.

Lets turn the table a bit. If Amir was an 19 yr old Dean's list history/poly sci major at a Ivy league school,   interned at the mayor office to learn about politics, plays a major sport rec league for exercise, and he met Jazz at the sunday school church social (characteristics that should make everyone else Jazz is associated with happy) -  I'm thinking a young man that like would be a little turned off by a lady being so pushy.  

Now since he's none of those things - he still seems a little put off by the push.  A 19 yr old who is still very proud of his "equipment being on the ready" is shown a 18 inch, not sure how wide, dildo. I.m sure that really didn't boost his ego. He's thinking - well if she is used to this every night and I am....  It's not always good thing when the girl is more into the guy/relationship/intimacy than he is into her..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I just can’t with this shit right now, so allow me to present to you all the stand out lines of the evening:

These are my dilators, this is the biggest one I have to work up to (waves huge dildo in new guy’s face).

Does my cleavage look good?

I hope I like some sex...What if I don’t like sex because of how effed up my vagina is...but we gotta try it first, riiiight? (Shoves fork in mouth trying to be seductive *fail* and sticks gnarly bare foot on dude’s knee).

So am I starting to kiss better? (Who the fuck actually asks a guy they like this question?!?)

KISS ME NOW. AGAIN. MORE. KEEP GOING!

ETA: 

Jazz just had her penis turned into a vagina and then had new outer genitalia created and had complications. HOW the fuck does Jeanette not get that complications happen with surgery this intense and now can she not get that there are going to be as many surgeries as are needed to get a desirable final result?!? What is wrong with this woman???

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

They in no way should have committed to a New York based surgeon for an experimental procedure if they didn't want to have to travel and stay in NY multiple times.

Can't believe Dr. Bowers is actually coming to Florida to do the exam rather than Jazz go to them in NY. I wonder if Bowers is going above and beyond because she wants to avoid Jazz going on a programme like Botched in a few years because from what we've been told, the current configuration is not what Bowers and Ting would like it to look like.

Showing Amir the dilators was so cringy. They haven't talked about any mental support Jazz is having since the surgery. It seems like such a big event to go through that therapy would really help process not only the surgery but help her make sense of life post surgery because to me Jazz seems lost and is jumping into this relationship to find herself which isn't going to happen that way. Given how reluctant Jazz was to have therapy pre surgery I doubt shes having any post surgery

Edited by maggiegil
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, sATL said:

He lives in Philly, had been in contact with Jazz via social media, they agreed to meet at the conference. As far as we have been told there was no other reason for him to be there other than to meet up with Jazz.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

These are my dilators, this is the biggest one I have to work up to (waves huge dildo in new guy’s face).

I hope I like some sex...What if I don’t like sex because of how effed up my vagina is...but we gotta try it first, riiiight? (Shoves fork in mouth trying to be seductive *fail* and sticks gnarly bare foot on dude’s knee).

So am I starting to kiss better? (Who the fuck actually asks a guy they like this question?!?)

Don't forget: which is prettier, the sunset or my eyes? Give it a rest, Jazz. 

She was so gross this entire episode and way too aggressive and inappropriate.  Aside from the sexy fork, spoon and knife action in the restaurant and the bare feet on the dirty restaurant floor, she opened the door to the restaurant for Amir to walk through first, and he was fine with that. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Why does Jazz have Amir to the house to meet the parents and then she has to lay on the sofa with her blanket?  Then she climbs over the footrest to get off the sofa and you could look up her dress, nice.  Then she takes Amir to her room where she lays on her bed with another blanket.  Can’t she just sit up like a normal person?

Oh dear Lord, the entire episode has just been cringeworthy!

I really don’t get the blanket thing with both her and her mother.  Her mother did the same thing in the hospital when waiting.  Who carries a blanket around with them every day from room to room,  place to place?

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Kid said:

Who carries a blanket around with them every day from room to room,  place to place?

I used to wonder why she always had a pillow in her lap in the earlier seasons. I’m no psych major, merely Armchair Certified, so I decided it was a subconscious barrier between her pelvic area and the rest of the world.  Perhaps the blanket is a step towards eventually being ok with just underpants and some sort of outer garment being sufficient.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, sATL said:

Well it will be the standard teenage answers... phone not charged.. had it on vibrate.. didn't have charger... it was in the car/purse/backpack and we were ___ ...I was going to call you back when...I left my phone at....I was talking to xwy  when you called....had it set to got to voicemail... I didn't see you called... you didn't leave a message... couldn't get a strong signal... was watching some SM/youtube/Instagram or playing a game .... I was driving and didn't connect to bluetooth/hands-free/etc...

I loved this list so much!  HA!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So, the boyfriends nervous about meeting father because he says,”If the father says no, there’s really not much you can do.”  Has he ever watched this show?   Daddy’s opinion seems to have no weight whatsoever. On anything.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Transgender or not her behavior last night was highly inappropriate...if my daughter talked to a boy that way that would be the last time she went out with anybody until she grew up.... As for not answering her cell phone when I call her, that would be the end of that too... I highly doubt she pays for her own cell phone and bill.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I used to wonder why she always had a pillow in her lap in the earlier seasons. I’m no psych major, merely Armchair Certified, so I decided it was a subconscious barrier between her pelvic area and the rest of the world.  Perhaps the blanket is a step towards eventually being ok with just underpants and some sort of outer garment being sufficient.

Interesting idea.  At one point I thought it was one of those "weighted blankets," which would make sense as she has depression issues, but the blanket looks too lightweight for that.   I figured maybe the ac was too cold in their house and the hospital for women in shorts.

I can't decide if her unfiltered talk is overcompensating for her not being sure of her female body yet, or if it is pressure from TLC to be so over the top with her vagina talk.  Or both. 

I also think her over eating is probably a method of dealing with depression;  I have a feeling that there has been little, if any, therapy after getting the two letters for the surgery. 

I was a psych major, but I decided I would rather be Perry Mason than Dr. Robert Hartley.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Transgender or not her behavior last night was highly inappropriate...if my daughter talked to a boy that way that would be the last time she went out with anybody until she grew up.... As for not answering her cell phone when I call her, that would be the end of that too... I highly doubt she pays for her own cell phone and bill.

Agree.

I thought about "the end" when Jazz laid up in her parents bed and told them (about their car, which they are paying the note, gas, and ins & their house rules) :,  "We'll try really hard to enforce those rules and if we don't enforce them, well I guess you won't know about it anyway"..

And then in her TH she proudly says: " I have taken the car and disappeared without asking". 

My parents would have -----  , if I pulled either stunt - let alone saying it.  And if I was allowed to see daylight - I would have had a bus transit pass.

How many children did Jeanette/Greg said they have been though teen drama with ???

• Love 7

Jazz and her "boyfriend" aside, I really enjoyed this episode, as it was really lovely seeing Jeanette finally acknowledge Greg exists and show some respect and care towards him.  I loved that she planned their anniversary as something special for Greg, and I loved seeing them interact in a way that seemed so easy, relaxed, and happy.  When they were talking about Greg's old bathing suit, I actually laughed out loud.  Was just very refreshing to see them both seem so happy and lighthearted. 

And I also liked that Jeanette seemed to respect Greg a bit more. She let Greg be the one to lay out the house rules to Jazz before they left, and once she registered what Greg was saying, she did walk away from the camera and pulled her mic when talking to Ari at dinner.  Overall, they just seemed in a good place, and because I'm kind of a sentimental sucker, it might have warmed my heart just a bit.  (-:

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

After thinking about the debacle that’s was last nights episode - and to be clear I am embarrassed that I even gave a second thought to this now-garbage fake drama - I think Jazz is the poster child for what happens when you suppress hormones too much/too early. She is a 17/18 year old who behaves like she’s a 13 year old girl who’s ready to hump anything that comes her way. It also appears that she is emulating what she thinks girls say and do with a boy from watching too many bad romcoms and soft core porn movies. Everything she is saying and doing seems sooooo contrived and fake and not her. To everyone here who has used the phrase ‘cringe worthy’, that is the perfect description. I wonder why Ari hasn’t taken her aside and given her a little reprimand about how to act and behave, maybe she’s over the Jazz coddling? It’s just sad to watch it. And yes, weekly therapy with a therapist who is skilled in post surgery trans teens ought to be a REQUIREMENT...*ahem* Dr. Bowers, why aren’t you insisting that a teen patient like go to rigorous and ongoing therapy after surgery?!? 

ETA:

@J. Matazz, did Dr. Bowers require therapy for you post surgery and if not, do you know why? It seems like that ought to be de rigor for such a huge surgery...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, gingerella said:

I just can’t with this shit right now, so allow me to present to you all the stand out lines of the evening:

ETA: 

Jazz just had her penis turned into a vagina and then had new outer genitalia created and had complications. HOW the fuck does Jeanette not get that complications happen with surgery this intense and now can she not get that there are going to be as many surgeries as are needed to get a desirable final result?!? What is wrong with this woman???

Great summary!  This episode goes beyond ridiculous.  The hired boyfriend is clearly not into her and I can’t understand how he can take her constant pawing at him.  That paycheck must be really good from TLC.

I also found it ridiculous that Dr. Bowers, a doctor with a busy schedule and responsibility for multiple patients has to go to Florida instead because the housewife is too busy to go to New York.  Must be nice to have the world at your beck and call.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 10

I'm confused about the image Jazz and her family are trying to sell us. A season or two ago Jazz was depressed because she had no friends, hated school, claimed she was very shy and would hide away in her bedroom eating junk all day, sleeping and being depressed. I remember Jeanette saying they allowed her to home school (against Greg's better judgement) with an on line program but she had to constantly check up on Jazz because she was blowing off the school assignments and Jeanette didn't "have time" for that. 

Now she has a circle of at least 6 besties, is graduating high school with honors, and is practically throwing herself at this "boyfriend".  So which Jazz is the real Jazz?

• Love 17