Type keyword(s) to search

Bernadette Rostenkowski/Melissa Rauch: Teeny but Mighty!

21 minutes ago, Mystery said:

I'm watching a Season 3 episode tonight, and Bernadette's voice was much less annoying. I wish they hadn't changed it. 

I think Bernadette's voice was supposed to be as obnoxious as Howard's mother's to imply he was marrying his mother in some way--especially in that hospital episode.
And then after Carol Ann Susi's passing in 2014, I think Melissa Rauch may have done it in part as an homage.
Now it's just Bernadette.

• Love 3

Funny we are watching the Comedy Channel marathon and they just aired the episode where Bernadette and Stuart go to the rival comic book store and my husband just commented on how much he likes Bernadette's squeaky voice.  I don't mind it but if I had someone in my real life who talked like her I think I'd have to limit contact!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

Funny we are watching the Comedy Channel marathon and they just aired the episode where Bernadette and Stuart go to the rival comic book store and my husband just commented on how much he likes Bernadette's squeaky voice.  I don't mind it but if I had someone in my real life who talked like her I think I'd have to limit contact!

I've had a couple of female friends with voices like that. One never raised her voice in volume; the other spoke slowly. Both techniques offset the abrasiveness of that kind of voice. I'm not sure if I should feel sad that they felt the need to alter their voices so as not to be considered "little girls," or if I should just consider that the handicap of having socially unpopular voice timbres positively impacted their lives since we could all benefit from developing the habits of yelling less and speaking more slowly and distinctly.

• Love 4